[AKON] Party time!

Phoenix

Jun 2, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/2/00
Hi guys!

Currently posting from my room. Hopefully the first of many. Have met
Zoe-chan, Scortia-chan, Rusty-chan, Sailor Terra but no Korb yet.
Taking lots of pics, will post some later. Party's due to start in a
few hours.

Phoenix ;{) http://www.phoenixanime.org
"The shape of a girl who is cooking is truly good" - Youta, VGAi
MoonieCode(1.12.05) SM:6+[1+] F:sCh>++In:vPpLe+:aHeCh:pSS++* D:sSt
X:****:a[*]r|ClSSS*[R1R2]s+++|ClRd+:m3r|23s++ O:d+:s+:o+:h+[+]:x+
P:a46:s59:w+:f:eBg[z]:hBrm:cWh:bA-:*Le:y:r+|-

Ian Motter

Jun 2, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/2/00

Phoenix wrote:

> Hi guys!
>
> Currently posting from my room. Hopefully the first of many. Have met
> Zoe-chan, Scortia-chan, Rusty-chan, Sailor Terra but no Korb yet.
> Taking lots of pics, will post some later. Party's due to start in a
> few hours.
>
> Phoenix ;{)

:(

--
***************************************
Ian Motter

Moonie Code (6.01) SM:7m+ F:sJu>++Ve++:vPp+Bl:aNa++Qs:pS++Gx>+
D:sCh---:aPe:pSS X:**[*]:a6r|200s|81d:m3r+|2s
O:d[+]:s[+]:o:a[-]:h[++]:x[-]
P:a28:s59:w200:f+[-]:eGD:hBrD-[+]:t-:cWh:bAB-:*Aq:y44%:r[+]|+[-]

1K Tin Statue Holder
Scortia's undisputed #1 Fanboy...

Noel Herradura

Jun 2, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/2/00

"Ian Motter" <ia...@mindspring.com> wrote in message

> Phoenix wrote:
> >
> > Hi guys!
> >
> > Currently posting from my room. Hopefully the first of many. Have met
> > Zoe-chan, Scortia-chan, Rusty-chan, Sailor Terra but no Korb yet.
> > Taking lots of pics, will post some later. Party's due to start in a
> > few hours.
> >
> > Phoenix ;{)
>
> :(

Agreed.

:(

> --
> ***************************************
> Ian Motter
>
> Moonie Code (6.01) SM:7m+ F:sJu>++Ve++:vPp+Bl:aNa++Qs:pS++Gx>+
> D:sCh---:aPe:pSS X:**[*]:a6r|200s|81d:m3r+|2s
> O:d[+]:s[+]:o:a[-]:h[++]:x[-]
> P:a28:s59:w200:f+[-]:eGD:hBrD-[+]:t-:cWh:bAB-:*Aq:y44%:r[+]|+[-]
>
> 1K Tin Statue Holder
> Scortia's undisputed #1 Fanboy...

----
N031 (SLAP!!) .... erhm.. Noel Herradura
http://home.sprynet.com/~noel99/

Currently Eating: Poached Eggs

Joshua Kaufman

Jun 2, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/2/00
Noel Herradura wrote:

> "Ian Motter" <ia...@mindspring.com> wrote in message
> >

> > Phoenix wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi guys!
> > >
> > > Currently posting from my room. Hopefully the first of many. Have met
> > > Zoe-chan, Scortia-chan, Rusty-chan, Sailor Terra but no Korb yet.
> > > Taking lots of pics, will post some later. Party's due to start in a
> > > few hours.
> > >
> > > Phoenix ;{)
> >
> > :(
>
> Agreed.
>
> :(

:(

-Joshua (cascading)
--
AOL-IM: TerraEpon ICQ: 5404138

For lots of great video game items, all it takes is one click:
http://gallery.vstoregames.com

Current coupons: None at the moment.

Shorah

Jun 2, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/2/00
>Taking lots of pics, will post some later. Party's due to start in a
>few hours.

I hate you all. ;_; Oh well, at least I have my anime tapes to console me...
*wanders off to watch some Slayers* Someone say hi to Chris Swearingen for me
if you see him. ;_;

-Shorah
SM:7 F:sMa>+++Sa>++:vEu>+++M9>+++:aGr+:pR1S D:sMe>---Ch>--Ur>--:vGa>---
X:**:a1r+|18s++|21d+ O:d++:o++[+]:h+[+]:x++
P:a+:s62:w+:f:eBL:hBrD+:t-:cWh:*Sc:x+:r+|-
http://redrival.com/sailordni

Andrea Doolan

Jun 2, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/2/00
Phoenix wrote:

> Hi guys!
>
> Currently posting from my room. Hopefully the first of many. Have met
> Zoe-chan, Scortia-chan, Rusty-chan, Sailor Terra but no Korb yet.
> Taking lots of pics, will post some later. Party's due to start in a
> few hours.

Does this not make anyone else *really* *REALLY* jealous? It would be
so cool to be there...

~~Andrea Doolan
anime north in two weeks...anime north in two weeks...anime north is in
two weeks...anime north is in two weeks...anime north is in two weeks...
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ raburabu ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
yaoi: Touya to Yukito ~ suteki na KYAPURU
yuri: Haruka to Michiru ~ eien no ai
http://touyaxyukito.tripod.com
<andrea...@utoronto.ca>
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ raburabu ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Andrea Doolan

Jun 2, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/2/00

Rusty-chan

Jun 2, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/2/00
Phoenix wrote:

>Hi guys!
>
>Currently posting from my room. Hopefully the first of many. Have met
>Zoe-chan, Scortia-chan, Rusty-chan, Sailor Terra but no Korb yet.
>Taking lots of pics, will post some later. Party's due to start in a
>few hours.
>

>Phoenix ;{) http://www.phoenixanime.org
>"The shape of a girl who is cooking is truly good" - Youta, VGAi
>MoonieCode(1.12.05) SM:6+[1+] F:sCh>++In:vPpLe+:aHeCh:pSS++* D:sSt
>X:****:a[*]r|ClSSS*[R1R2]s+++|ClRd+:m3r|23s++ O:d+:s+:o+:h+[+]:x+
>P:a46:s59:w+:f:eBg[z]:hBrm:cWh:bA-:*Le:y:r+|-

Hey minna-san! R-chan here reporting live from Akon, no da :P *Rus
gets smacked by Scortia for imitating Chichiri* ITAI!
Phoenix-san is taking our picture! AAAAA! R-chan and Scortia take many
pics, buy lotsa stuff, see very few AFSMers so far ;_;
Till later, no DA! *cowers in fear of Scortia*

R-chan

Scortia

Jun 2, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/2/00
Ian Motter wrote:

>Phoenix wrote:
>>
>> Hi guys!
>>
>> Currently posting from my room. Hopefully the first of many. Have met
>> Zoe-chan, Scortia-chan, Rusty-chan, Sailor Terra but no Korb yet.
>> Taking lots of pics, will post some later. Party's due to start in a
>> few hours.
>>
>> Phoenix ;{)
>

>:(
It's OK Ian-kun... ^_^ One day you shall come. ^.^ <huggles>

--Scortia
<Posting live from the afsm party>

ZnM-chan

Jun 2, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/2/00
Andrea Doolan wrote:
>Phoenix wrote:
>>
>> Hi guys!
>>
>> Currently posting from my room. Hopefully the first of many. Have met
>> Zoe-chan, Scortia-chan, Rusty-chan, Sailor Terra but no Korb yet.
>> Taking lots of pics, will post some later. Party's due to start in a
>> few hours.
>
>Does this not make anyone else *really* *REALLY* jealous? It would be
>so cool to be there...

Yes. >.< Curse you, SAT! Curse you, Japanese final! Curse you, lack of
money! >.<

>~~Andrea Doolan
>anime north in two weeks...anime north in two weeks...anime north is in
>two weeks...anime north is in two weeks...anime north is in two weeks...

That makes me jealous too. ;.;

~ZnM, wants to go... ;.;

*************
Zoisite no Miko / Yukito no Miko / Hiko no Aisai
Reply to nuriko_hime{at}hotmail{dot}com!
AIM & Yahoo! messenger == ZoiNoMiko
*************
Main page: http://anime.at/znm
Bishounen Pit: http://go.to/the_pit
Card Captor Sakura: http://start.at/ynm
Cosplay: http://welcome.to/cosplay
*************
"Sometimes I wonder about the Creator of the Universe."
--Kurt Vonnegut, Breakfast of Champions
*************

Joshua Kaufman

Jun 2, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/2/00
Scortia wrote:

> Ian Motter wrote:
>

> >Phoenix wrote:
> >>
> >> Hi guys!
> >>
> >> Currently posting from my room. Hopefully the first of many. Have met
> >> Zoe-chan, Scortia-chan, Rusty-chan, Sailor Terra but no Korb yet.
> >> Taking lots of pics, will post some later. Party's due to start in a
> >> few hours.
> >>
> >> Phoenix ;{)
> >
> >:(
> It's OK Ian-kun... ^_^ One day you shall come. ^.^ <huggles>

I would go...just to meet Scortia wa kerei green-hair desu...but
whatever

-Joshua

Alex Taylor

Jun 2, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/2/00
Joshua Kaufman <kauf...@email.uc.edu> wrote:

> > > :(
> >

> > Agreed.
> >
> > :(
> >

> :(
>
> -Joshua (cascading)

Yeah.

:(

(But I'm consoled by the fact that Anime North is in two weeks...)

Alex Taylor BA - CIS - University of Guelph
al...@eddie.cis.uoguelph.ca http://eddie.cis.uoguelph.ca/~alex
"Later on they took the blood out to make the stories more
acceptable to children, or at least to the people who had to
read them to children rather than the children themselves (who,
on the whole, are quite keen on blood provided it's being shed
by the deserving*), and then wondered where the stories went."
--Terry Pratchett, "Hogfather"

* That is to say, those who deserve to shed blood. Or possibly
not. You never quite know with some kids.

Chris Schack

Jun 3, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/3/00
In article <39383F27...@utoronto.ca>,
Andrea Doolan <andrea...@utoronto.ca> wrote:

<snip Phoenix's posting>

>Does this not make anyone else *really* *REALLY* jealous? It would be
>so cool to be there...

Be nice, but I'm not about to worry about it. There's closer cons...

>~~Andrea Doolan
>anime north in two weeks...anime north in two weeks...anime north is in
>two weeks...anime north is in two weeks...anime north is in two weeks...

And that's the second-closest, I think. CNAnime is closest by a few
kilometers, I think, if you want to count it.

Well, tomorrow I may want to get around to hooking the VCR up to
the computer ... it would prevent injury in 2 weeks.

Chris Schack

NSK

Jun 3, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/3/00

Phoenix <pho...@mediaone.net> wrote in message
> Hi guys!

> Currently posting from my room. Hopefully the first of many. Have met
> Zoe-chan, Scortia-chan, Rusty-chan, Sailor Terra but no Korb yet.
> Taking lots of pics, will post some later. Party's due to start in a
> few hours.

Currently posting from work...

;_;

--
Neo Sailor Khyron
*serenity @ spammersmustdie . byu . edu*

Tom Cheng

Jun 3, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/3/00
Andrea Doolan wrote:

> Phoenix wrote:
> >
> > Hi guys!
> >
> > Currently posting from my room. Hopefully the first of many. Have met
> > Zoe-chan, Scortia-chan, Rusty-chan, Sailor Terra but no Korb yet.
> > Taking lots of pics, will post some later. Party's due to start in a
> > few hours.
>
> Does this not make anyone else *really* *REALLY* jealous? It would be
> so cool to be there...

Yes. It goes back to me having to go to work yesterday and the fact
that if I were rich enough, I wouldn't have to go to work. Instead, I
could get my travel on to Akon.

MONEY BUYS HAPPINESS.

--
Tom Cheng, #1 Celes and Galaxia fan
tkc...@home.com

Phoenix

Jun 3, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/3/00
Well, the party was fun. Too many folks in one room however, the
temperature felt like it was 100 degrees. Looks like about 30 folks
showed up, some frequent posters, others just getting started, a few
just because they love Sailor Moon. I won't try to name too many names
yet, but here's some pics

Lum-chan! Not party related. I just had to slip her in ^_^
http://www.phoenixanime.com/akon00/dscn0570.jpg

Rusty-chan, Sailor Terra and Scortia-chan in the dealers room
http://www.phoenixanime.com/akon00/dscn0582.jpg

Party starts. Artemis, Rusty-chan, Sailor Terra, Scortia-chan to the
right; Otaku Warriors to the left.
http://www.phoenixanime.com/akon00/dscn0602.jpg

The AFSM Party cake, designed and arranged by Michi-chan
http://www.phoenixanime.com/akon00/dscn0605.jpg

Sailor Moon Jeopardy
http://www.phoenixanime.com/akon00/dscn0609.jpg

Ian Motter

Jun 3, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/3/00

Phoenix wrote:

> Rusty-chan, Sailor Terra and Scortia-chan in the dealers room
> http://www.phoenixanime.com/akon00/dscn0582.jpg

WAAAAAAAA!!!!!! -_-,

Oh the pain, the pain. - Dr. Smith

Ian

Scortia is so...so... KAWAII!!!!!!!!

Robert Hutchinson

Jun 3, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/3/00
Phoenix wrote:

> Rusty-chan, Sailor Terra and Scortia-chan in the dealers room
> http://www.phoenixanime.com/akon00/dscn0582.jpg

Should I be frightened that, considering my usual track record at placing
faces to Internet names, I was pretty darned close for all three of them? ^^;;

Okay, which (one) of you was jumping around the board?

Robert Hutchinson
*Hates* that. ^^

utena

Jun 3, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/3/00

> Well, the party was fun. Too many folks in one room however, the
> temperature felt like it was 100 degrees. Looks like about 30 folks
> showed up, some frequent posters, others just getting started, a few
> just because they love Sailor Moon. I won't try to name too many names
> yet, but here's some pics

I wish I could have gone = ( . But I'll be at A-kon on Sunday! And with my
Sailor Moon / Shoujo anime posse too! Look for me! I'm the petite (I'm
only 5ft tall!) asian girl with glasses that's with a group of four other
girls that are all taller than me. I hope I'll have fun... Maybe I'll find
some much requited manga like some of Takeuchi Naoko's other work and some
more shoujo manga!

> Rusty-chan, Sailor Terra and Scortia-chan in the dealers room
> http://www.phoenixanime.com/akon00/dscn0582.jpg

Scortia's Jury costume is just too cute!

> The AFSM Party cake, designed and arranged by Michi-chan
> http://www.phoenixanime.com/akon00/dscn0605.jpg

I bet some people were just there for the free food ^_^

Just curious, what questions did you ask? What were the categories?

> Phoenix ;{) http://www.phoenixanime.org
> "The shape of a girl who is cooking is truly good" - Youta, VGAi
> MoonieCode(1.12.05) SM:6+[1+] F:sCh>++In:vPpLe+:aHeCh:pSS++* D:sSt
> X:****:a[*]r|ClSSS*[R1R2]s+++|ClRd+:m3r|23s++ O:d+:s+:o+:h+[+]:x+
> P:a46:s59:w+:f:eBg[z]:hBrm:cWh:bA-:*Le:y:r+|-

--
-Dahlia
http://members.home.com/utena

SM:6-[7]m- F:sOu++Ch++:vZo>+++De<+++ D:sMo<-Ju<-:vNe>---
X:****:a3r|4s|60d:m10r|20s+ O:d-:s--:a+:h+:x-
P:a:s50:w:f:eBkg:hBk:t:cAs:*Ar:x--:r+|+

Lauren Michelle-chan

Jun 3, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/3/00

"Phoenix" <pho...@mediaone.net> wrote in message
> Well, the party was fun. Too many folks in one room however, the
> temperature felt like it was 100 degrees. Looks like about 30 folks
> showed up, some frequent posters, others just getting started, a few
> just because they love Sailor Moon. I won't try to name too many names
> yet, but here's some pics

<snip>

I was poking around fansview.com last night, looking at pictures of A-kon
cosplayers, and look who I ran across!

http://www.fansview.com/2000d/06020125.jpg

It's AFS-M's own Scortia-chan, and I think that's Rusty-chan with her.
Kawaii!!

> Phoenix ;{) http://www.phoenixanime.org
> "The shape of a girl who is cooking is truly good" - Youta, VGAi
> MoonieCode(1.12.05) SM:6+[1+] F:sCh>++In:vPpLe+:aHeCh:pSS++* D:sSt
> X:****:a[*]r|ClSSS*[R1R2]s+++|ClRd+:m3r|23s++ O:d+:s+:o+:h+[+]:x+
> P:a46:s59:w+:f:eBg[z]:hBrm:cWh:bA-:*Le:y:r+|-

--
--sincerely--
Lauren Michelle, who is really starting to get excited about Anime North ^_^

Jerry Shaw

Jun 3, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/3/00
Phoenix <pho...@mediaone.net> wrote:

>Hi guys!
>
>Currently posting from my room. Hopefully the first of many. Have met
>Zoe-chan, Scortia-chan, Rusty-chan, Sailor Terra but no Korb yet.
>Taking lots of pics, will post some later. Party's due to start in a
>few hours.

Couldn't make it this year. I'm currently going to the World Animation
Celebration in Hollywood. So far, I've seen 23 hours of animation from around
the world. No traditional anime, so far. The only one they had scheduled is
the American theatrical premiere of Perfect Blue.

Have about 25 more hours of animation to go.

If there is no schedule conflict, I'll try to get to A-kon next year

>Phoenix ;{) http://www.phoenixanime.org

Jerry

Andrea Doolan

Jun 3, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/3/00
Chris Schack wrote:

> In article <39383F27...@utoronto.ca>,
> Andrea Doolan <andrea...@utoronto.ca> wrote:
>
> <snip Phoenix's posting>
>
> >Does this not make anyone else *really* *REALLY* jealous? It would
> >be so cool to be there...
>
> Be nice, but I'm not about to worry about it. There's closer cons...

Yeah, but not ones where there are cool afsm parties. :(

> Well, tomorrow I may want to get around to hooking the VCR up to
> the computer ... it would prevent injury in 2 weeks.

^_^ ^_^ ^_^ ^_^ ^_^ ^_^ ^_^

~~Andrea Doolan

Phoenix

Jun 3, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/3/00
Andrea Doolan wrote:
>Chris Schack wrote:

>>Andrea Doolan wrote:
>>
>> <snip Phoenix's posting>
>>
>>> Does this not make anyone else *really* *REALLY* jealous? It would
>>> be so cool to be there...
>>
>> Be nice, but I'm not about to worry about it. There's closer cons...
>
> Yeah, but not ones where there are cool afsm parties. :(

Andrea-chan, if I have anything to do with it, we'll be having an afsm
party at Anime North next year that will be every bit as fun.

Phoenix

Jun 3, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/3/00
Lauren Michelle-chan wrote:
> I was poking around fansview.com last night, looking at pictures of A-kon
> cosplayers, and look who I ran across!
>
> http://www.fansview.com/2000d/06020125.jpg
>
> It's AFS-M's own Scortia-chan, and I think that's Rusty-chan with her.
> Kawaii!!

Yup, that's Rusty-chan alright. Very cute indeed. ^_^

Phoenix

Jun 3, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/3/00
Ian Motter wrote:
>Phoenix wrote:
>>

>> Rusty-chan, Sailor Terra and Scortia-chan in the dealers room
>> http://www.phoenixanime.com/akon00/dscn0582.jpg
>
> WAAAAAAAA!!!!!! -_-,
>
> Oh the pain, the pain. - Dr. Smith
>
> Ian
>
> Scortia is so...so... KAWAII!!!!!!!!

That she is, Ian-kun. I sorry you couldn't be here. Maybe it would be
best if you didn't look at this next one.

http://www.phoenixanime.com/akon00/dscn0584.jpg

And yes, Merle is a guy ^_^;

Phoenix

Jun 3, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/3/00
Jerry Shaw wrote:

> Couldn't make it this year. I'm currently going to the World Animation
> Celebration in Hollywood. So far, I've seen 23 hours of animation from around
> the world. No traditional anime, so far. The only one they had scheduled is
> the American theatrical premiere of Perfect Blue.
>
> Have about 25 more hours of animation to go.

Spoken like a true otaku.... well... not a _true_ otaku, but you know
what I mean ^_^

So far I've seen Trigun (_very_ funny); the CCS movie (wonderful!) and
the fifth UY movie. Right now I getting ready to run and see the
character designer for the UY series, Takada Akemi.

Jerry, the prize bag you supplied was a major hit. There were even
goodies left after the party, so I spent all morning handing them out.
Thanks so much for contributing to the occasion. Everyone really
appreciated it especially me.

Jon and the G4 to have his kids

Jun 3, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/3/00
>Well, the party was fun. Too many folks in one room however, the
>temperature felt like it was 100 degrees. Looks like about 30 folks
>showed up, some frequent posters, others just getting started, a few
>just because they love Sailor Moon. I won't try to name too many names
>yet, but here's some pics
>

>Lum-chan! Not party related. I just had to slip her in ^_^
>http://www.phoenixanime.com/akon00/dscn0570.jpg
>
>Rusty-chan, Sailor Terra and Scortia-chan in the dealers room
>http://www.phoenixanime.com/akon00/dscn0582.jpg
>
>Party starts. Artemis, Rusty-chan, Sailor Terra, Scortia-chan to the
>right; Otaku Warriors to the left.
>http://www.phoenixanime.com/akon00/dscn0602.jpg
>

>The AFSM Party cake, designed and arranged by Michi-chan
>http://www.phoenixanime.com/akon00/dscn0605.jpg

*tells self over and over again: "Road trip to Otakon in two years... Road trip
to Otakon in two years*

-Jon, not going ANYWHERE till he can drive. >_<
--
Jon
Minako & Michiru fan till death

Moonie Code available. Please include an SASE.

Current Quote:
"What's the PROBLEM?!!"
"Err... he keeps trying to lick my clarinet reed!"

Brad Lascelle

Jun 3, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/3/00
John Brown <pho...@mediaone.net> Writes:

>> Yeah, but not ones where there are cool afsm parties. :(

> Andrea-chan, if I have anything to do with it, we'll be having an
> afsm party at Anime North next year that will be every bit as fun.

<chuckles> It's not like there's really anything stopping
people from holding an 'AFSM' party at ANorth. Just based on prior
years, there's arguably just as many active and semi-active AFSM
regulars who attend ANorth on an annual basis as there are at A-Kon.

The only real difference between A-Kon and ANorth is that A-Kon
brings in guests... and ANorth brings in... well... it's a fan con to
the utmost degree. -_^

The fans ARE the guests... and best of all, they're guests who
pay money to get in. (Well, there is that SMJ assistant character
designer... I wonder if they'll allow sketches.)

/ Brad 'Panda' Lascelle <lasc...@journalist.com> ICQ: 3724914 \

NSK

Jun 3, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/3/00

> Phoenix wrote:
> > Rusty-chan, Sailor Terra and Scortia-chan in the dealers room
> > http://www.phoenixanime.com/akon00/dscn0582.jpg
> WAAAAAAAA!!!!!! -_-,
> Oh the pain, the pain. - Dr. Smith

:patpats:

I think we should start an 'I Wasn't At A-Kon' support group for moneyless
folks. ;_;

--
Neo Sailor Khyron
* serenity @ diespammers . byu . edu *

Ruth Reamer

Jun 3, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/3/00
Andrea Doolan wrote:

> Phoenix wrote:
> >
> > Hi guys!
> >
> > Currently posting from my room. Hopefully the first of many. Have met
> > Zoe-chan, Scortia-chan, Rusty-chan, Sailor Terra but no Korb yet.
> > Taking lots of pics, will post some later. Party's due to start in a
> > few hours.
>
> Does this not make anyone else *really* *REALLY* jealous? It would be
> so cool to be there...

Yes! And I was going to go this year, but I instead decided to go to a
former AFSMers graduation in TX a few weeks before it. Worth not
going, but I REALLY wish I were there! *pouts*

> ~~Andrea Doolan
> anime north in two weeks...anime north in two weeks...anime north is in
> two weeks...anime north is in two weeks...anime north is in two weeks...

*pouts* Can't go there either...no money and have classes and work.
*poutpoutpout*

--
Sunnie

Duct tape is like the Force, it has a light side and a dark side and it
holds the universe together.

Andrea Doolan

Jun 4, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/4/00
Phoenix wrote:

> Andrea Doolan wrote:
> >Chris Schack wrote:
> >>Andrea Doolan wrote:
> >>
> >> <snip Phoenix's posting>

> >> Be nice, but I'm not about to worry about it. There's closer
> >> cons...
> >
> > Yeah, but not ones where there are cool afsm parties. :(
>
> Andrea-chan, if I have anything to do with it, we'll be having an
> afsm party at Anime North next year that will be every bit as fun.

REALLY?!? You're coming to Anime North next year? That'll be so cool!

~~Andrea Doolan
wa~~~i! ^_^

Phoenix

Jun 4, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/4/00
Brad Lascelle wrote:

>John Brown Writes:
>
>>> Yeah, but not ones where there are cool afsm parties. :(
>
>> Andrea-chan, if I have anything to do with it, we'll be having an
>> afsm party at Anime North next year that will be every bit as fun.
>
> <chuckles> It's not like there's really anything stopping
> people from holding an 'AFSM' party at ANorth. Just based on prior
> years, there's arguably just as many active and semi-active AFSM
> regulars who attend ANorth on an annual basis as there are at A-Kon.

I agree. Which is exactly why Anime North is my next goal. I've seen
Joan's dozens of pictures, heard for myself G'beans stories of the
fanfic panel that never ends and I want to see that too. There are
LOTS of folks that go to Anime North that I want to meet.

> The only real difference between A-Kon and ANorth is that A-Kon
> brings in guests... and ANorth brings in... well... it's a fan con to
> the utmost degree. -_^

Well, I rarely go for the guests. Tho it was pretty cool getting to
meet Akemi Takada, but that's just because I love UY so much.

Tenchi wielding the Illumina sword

Jun 4, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/4/00
"Alex Taylor" <al...@eddie.cis.uoguelph.ca> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

> > > Agreed.
> > >
> > > :(
> > >

> > :(
> >
> > -Joshua (cascading)
>
> Yeah.
>
> :(

Absolutely.

:(

> Alex Taylor BA - CIS - University of Guelph
> al...@eddie.cis.uoguelph.ca http://eddie.cis.uoguelph.ca/~alex

Tenchi the sword wielding maniac - Minako's true #1
-> email: Minak...@is-really-hot-myokay.net (guess what to remove)
Venus and Moon shrine: http://www.minakoaino.myokay.net/
Minako Quake (1.92): http://planetquake.com/minako
Official LAKACUA home (Let's all kick annoying Chibi-Usa's ass):
http://www.minakoaino.myokay.net/lakacua/
Mooniecode[1.14.15] -> http://www.minakoaino.myokay.net/mooniecode.html
SM:6+ F:sVe>+++½Mo>+++Me>++½Ma++Ju>+½Yf+:vCcAl>½:aUn½Tc:pSt2S
D:sCh---Tx>---Pl>-½ X:a200ger++½:m42ge+ O:d--:s-:o+:a-:h++½:x-½
P:a++:s180:w60:f:eB:hBr:t-½:cW:b?:zCn--:gm+:r|
-=My Favorites=- ...%->www.lovecalculator.com
Minako Aino 88% * Lina 92% * Usagi 83% * Ameria 95% * Asuka 83% * Rei 95% *
Ryoko 88% * Washu 83% * Ayeka 95% * Lum 92% * Umi 82% * Hikaru 82% *
Arieru 95% (Arielle) * Nanami Jinnai 82% * Wedding Peach 86% (Momoko) *
female Ranma 95% * Shampoo 89% * Akane 95% * Akari 82% (Battle Athletess) *
Yohko 88% (DHY) * Azusa 83% (DHY) * Nene 86% * Priss 84% * Yuri 82% (Dirty
Pair) * Kei 95% (DP) * Skuld 93% * Megumi 95% * Nuku Nuku 82% * Pai 82%

Tenchi wielding the Illumina sword

Jun 4, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/4/00
"Phoenix" <pho...@mediaone.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

> Well, the party was fun. Too many folks in one room however, the
> temperature felt like it was 100 degrees. Looks like about 30 folks
> showed up, some frequent posters, others just getting started, a few
> just because they love Sailor Moon. I won't try to name too many names
> yet, but here's some pics
>
> Lum-chan! Not party related. I just had to slip her in ^_^
> http://www.phoenixanime.com/akon00/dscn0570.jpg

Yum ^_^

> Rusty-chan, Sailor Terra and Scortia-chan in the dealers room
> http://www.phoenixanime.com/akon00/dscn0582.jpg

Lovely - well, Rusty and Scortia, that is.

> Party starts. Artemis, Rusty-chan, Sailor Terra, Scortia-chan to the
> right; Otaku Warriors to the left.
> http://www.phoenixanime.com/akon00/dscn0602.jpg
>
> The AFSM Party cake, designed and arranged by Michi-chan
> http://www.phoenixanime.com/akon00/dscn0605.jpg

Looks tasty...

> Phoenix ;{) http://www.phoenixanime.org
> "The shape of a girl who is cooking is truly good" - Youta, VGAi
> MoonieCode(1.12.05) SM:6+[1+] F:sCh>++In:vPpLe+:aHeCh:pSS++* D:sSt
> X:****:a[*]r|ClSSS*[R1R2]s+++|ClRd+:m3r|23s++ O:d+:s+:o+:h+[+]:x+
> P:a46:s59:w+:f:eBg[z]:hBrm:cWh:bA-:*Le:y:r+|-

KK

Jun 4, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/4/00

"Phoenix" <pho...@mediaone.net> wrote in message
> Well, the party was fun. Too many folks in one room however, the
> temperature felt like it was 100 degrees. Looks like about 30 folks
> showed up, some frequent posters, others just getting started, a few
> just because they love Sailor Moon. I won't try to name too many names
> yet, but here's some pics
>

> Lum-chan! Not party related. I just had to slip her in ^_^
> http://www.phoenixanime.com/akon00/dscn0570.jpg
>
> Rusty-chan, Sailor Terra and Scortia-chan in the dealers room
> http://www.phoenixanime.com/akon00/dscn0582.jpg
>
> Party starts. Artemis, Rusty-chan, Sailor Terra, Scortia-chan to the
> right; Otaku Warriors to the left.
> http://www.phoenixanime.com/akon00/dscn0602.jpg
>

> The AFSM Party cake, designed and arranged by Michi-chan
> http://www.phoenixanime.com/akon00/dscn0605.jpg

Ahh, too bad I always have scheduling conflicts with AKON, it always looks
like fun. BTW nice hair Scortia and Rusty ^_~

DirewolfX

Jun 4, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/4/00
On Fri, 02 Jun 2000 18:33:04 -0400, Rusty-chan <ccr...@email.com>
wrote:

>Phoenix wrote:
>
>>Hi guys!
>>

>>Currently posting from my room. Hopefully the first of many. Have met
>>Zoe-chan, Scortia-chan, Rusty-chan, Sailor Terra but no Korb yet.
>>Taking lots of pics, will post some later. Party's due to start in a
>>few hours.
>>

>>Phoenix ;{) http://www.phoenixanime.org
>>"The shape of a girl who is cooking is truly good" - Youta, VGAi
>>MoonieCode(1.12.05) SM:6+[1+] F:sCh>++In:vPpLe+:aHeCh:pSS++* D:sSt
>>X:****:a[*]r|ClSSS*[R1R2]s+++|ClRd+:m3r|23s++ O:d+:s+:o+:h+[+]:x+
>>P:a46:s59:w+:f:eBg[z]:hBrm:cWh:bA-:*Le:y:r+|-
>

>Hey minna-san! R-chan here reporting live from Akon, no da :P *Rus
>gets smacked by Scortia for imitating Chichiri* ITAI!
>Phoenix-san is taking our picture! AAAAA! R-chan and Scortia take many
>pics, buy lotsa stuff, see very few AFSMers so far ;_;
>Till later, no DA! *cowers in fear of Scortia*

*sniffle* I want to be there... ;_;
============================
DirewolfX
Andrew Gould

ICQ# 700347
AIM HlrThnThou
WWW http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Corner/5856

MoonieCode(1.12.05) SM:6m+ F:sVe+++Mo+:vPp>++Eu++:aAr[+]:pCl+++SS>+ D:sCh<:vEs---Ga:pR- X:*:aSSSs|ClRd:m21r|3s O:d--:s-:a-:h++[+]:x+[-] P:a16:s511:w190:eBLg:hBrD:t-:cJe:*Ar:y+++:r+|-

DirewolfX

Jun 4, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/4/00
On Sun, 4 Jun 2000 16:38:10 +0200, "Tenchi wielding the Illumina
sword" <Minak...@is-really-hot-myokay.net> wrote:

>> > :(
>> >
>> > -Joshua (cascading)
>>
>> Yeah.
>>
>> :(
>
>Absolutely.
>
>:(

I don't get to see Rusty-chan

:(

DirewolfX

Jun 4, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/4/00
On Sat, 03 Jun 2000 14:57:02 -0400, Phoenix <pho...@mediaone.net>
wrote:

>Andrea Doolan wrote:
>>Chris Schack wrote:
>>>Andrea Doolan wrote:
>>>
>>> <snip Phoenix's posting>

>>> Be nice, but I'm not about to worry about it. There's closer cons...
>>

>> Yeah, but not ones where there are cool afsm parties. :(
>
>Andrea-chan, if I have anything to do with it, we'll be having an afsm
>party at Anime North next year that will be every bit as fun.

But it won't have Rusty-chan :(

Scortia

Jun 4, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/4/00

Phoenix wrote:

> Lauren Michelle-chan wrote:
> > I was poking around fansview.com last night, looking at pictures of A-kon
> > cosplayers, and look who I ran across!
> >
> > http://www.fansview.com/2000d/06020125.jpg
> >
> > It's AFS-M's own Scortia-chan, and I think that's Rusty-chan with her.
> > Kawaii!!
>
> Yup, that's Rusty-chan alright. Very cute indeed. ^_^

Ahhhhhhhhh! <balls down like Michi-chan would referred to in the same way>
;_; We got home anyways! ^_^ Rus is about to kill me for the keyboard.
Josh; we found an Iris doll there.

<Rusty-chan> Wai! Rusty-chan kawaii? :P At least Rus not look stoned like
Scortia....

<smack> I'm gonna feed you to Patches before your mom comes for you!

<Rusty-chan> ITAI! No feed Rus to crazy puppy-chan! ;_; Why do miko always
suffer?!

--
--Scortia
The almighty Chichiri no Miko.

************************
<Space for rent until an adequate
webpage can be substituted>
*************************

DirewolfX

Jun 4, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/4/00
On Sat, 03 Jun 2000 09:16:09 -0400, Phoenix <pho...@mediaone.net>
wrote:

>Well, the party was fun. Too many folks in one room however, the
>temperature felt like it was 100 degrees. Looks like about 30 folks
>showed up, some frequent posters, others just getting started, a few
>just because they love Sailor Moon. I won't try to name too many names
>yet, but here's some pics
>

>Lum-chan! Not party related. I just had to slip her in ^_^
>http://www.phoenixanime.com/akon00/dscn0570.jpg

Hee hee... I saw a pic of her on some FanView pages

>Rusty-chan, Sailor Terra and Scortia-chan in the dealers room
>http://www.phoenixanime.com/akon00/dscn0582.jpg

Ooo... side by side, everyone can tell Rusty-chan is the most kawaii!

>Party starts. Artemis, Rusty-chan, Sailor Terra, Scortia-chan to the
>right; Otaku Warriors to the left.
>http://www.phoenixanime.com/akon00/dscn0602.jpg

Rusty-chan and Scortia look sooo out of place... ^^;;

>The AFSM Party cake, designed and arranged by Michi-chan
>http://www.phoenixanime.com/akon00/dscn0605.jpg

Ooo... yummy

Phoenix and Alex Trebec: Twins separated at birth?

BTW, Post more pics! Post every pic your take!

Chris Schack

Jun 4, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/4/00
In article <39393AEB...@utoronto.ca>,

Andrea Doolan <andrea...@utoronto.ca> wrote:
>Chris Schack wrote:
>>
>> In article <39383F27...@utoronto.ca>,
>> Andrea Doolan <andrea...@utoronto.ca> wrote:

<snip Phoenix's posting>

>> >Does this not make anyone else *really* *REALLY* jealous? It would
>> >be so cool to be there...
>>
>> Be nice, but I'm not about to worry about it. There's closer cons...
>
>Yeah, but not ones where there are cool afsm parties. :(

I think the Fanfic Panel That Never Ends halfway-qualifies...

Chris Schack