N. Korea Warns Nuke War Could Break Out

Johnny Asia

Mar 1, 2003, 4:22:28 PM3/1/03

N. Korea Warns Nuke War Could Break Out
Sat Mar 1,11:00 AM ET

By SANG-HUN CHOE, Associated Press Writer

SEOUL, South Korea - South Korean President Roh Moo-hyun, in his first
policy speech since taking office, on Saturday warned of a "calamity"
from the standoff over North Korea's nuclear program unless a peaceful
resolution is found quickly.

After his speech, Pyongyang issued a dispatch threatening that nuclear
war could break out on the Korean Peninsula at "any moment," an
escalation of the communist North's hostile rhetoric as international
pressure grows for it to disarm.

On the eve of Roh's inauguration Tuesday, North Korea fueled tensions
by test-firing a missile into the sea off its east coast. Anticipating
a second test, Japanese Deputy Cabinet Secretary Shinzo Abe said
Saturday that Pyongyang may fire its long-range Taepodong ballistic
missile toward the sea between Japan and the Korean Peninsula, Kyodo
news agency reported.

The North's official news agency also accused Washington of planning
massive war games to prepare for an invasion, and said the country is
"fully ready to repel the U.S. military attack."

North Korea will take "a self-defensive measure when it thinks that
the U.S. pre-emptive attack is eminent," the agency KCNA said, without
elaborating.

+

"The power of accurate observation is called cynicism
by those who have not got it." - G. B. Shaw

The First Church of Common Sense
http://www.angelfire.com/co/COMMONSENSE/wakeup.html

The Rise and Fall of the Holy Roller Empire
The God-Awful Truth about Christian Zionism
http://www.angelfire.com/co/COMMONSENSE/armageddon.html

David Hartung

Mar 1, 2003, 5:27:11 PM3/1/03

"Johnny Asia" <pope_ab...@Xyahoo.com> wrote in message

> N. Korea Warns Nuke War Could Break Out
> Sat Mar 1,11:00 AM ET
>
> By SANG-HUN CHOE, Associated Press Writer
>
> SEOUL, South Korea - South Korean President Roh Moo-hyun, in his first
> policy speech since taking office, on Saturday warned of a "calamity"
> from the standoff over North Korea's nuclear program unless a peaceful
> resolution is found quickly.
>
> After his speech, Pyongyang issued a dispatch threatening that nuclear
> war could break out on the Korean Peninsula at "any moment," an
> escalation of the communist North's hostile rhetoric as international
> pressure grows for it to disarm.
>
> On the eve of Roh's inauguration Tuesday, North Korea fueled tensions
> by test-firing a missile into the sea off its east coast. Anticipating
> a second test, Japanese Deputy Cabinet Secretary Shinzo Abe said
> Saturday that Pyongyang may fire its long-range Taepodong ballistic
> missile toward the sea between Japan and the Korean Peninsula, Kyodo
> news agency reported.
>
> The North's official news agency also accused Washington of planning
> massive war games to prepare for an invasion, and said the country is
> "fully ready to repel the U.S. military attack."
>
> North Korea will take "a self-defensive measure when it thinks that
> the U.S. pre-emptive attack is eminent," the agency KCNA said, without
> elaborating.

North Korea seems to be making an attempt at blackmailing the world into
appeasement, I suggest that we not give in.

Johnny Asia

Mar 2, 2003, 8:06:33 AM3/2/03

Ex-Agents: FBI Enlists Violent Informants
Sun Mar 2,

By JEFF DONN, Associated Press Writer

For decades, in cities from coast to coast, FBI (news - web sites)
agents recruited killers and crime bosses as informants and then
looked the other way as they continued to commit violent crimes.

When the practice first came to light in Boston — unleashing an
ongoing investigation that has already sent one agent to prison for
obstruction of justice — FBI officials in Washington portrayed it as
an aberration.

But Associated Press interviews with nine former FBI agents — men with
a combined 190 years of experience in more than 25 bureau offices from
Texas to Chicago and from Los Angeles to Washington — indicate the
practice was widespread during their years of service between the late
1950s and the 1990s.

The former agents, and two federal law enforcement officials who have
worked closely with the bureau, said the practice sometimes emboldened
informants, leading them to believe they could get away with almost
anything.

+

Johnny Asia and the Woodstock Quantum Ensemble
live at the Knitting Factory, NYC:
http://artists.mp3s.com/artist_song/2404/2404397.html

( Kind of like Philip Glass meets Bitches Brew )

"Asian Hoedown"
http://artists.mp3s.com/artist_song/2616/2616967.html
A blend of Indian music, Spanish, Jazz and Bluegrass.

Johnny Asia

Mar 3, 2003, 6:54:38 PM3/3/03
GEOFFREY LEAN AND SEVERIN CARRELL, OBSERVER, UK -

The US is preparing to use the toxic riot-control agents CS gas and
pepper spray in Iraq in contravention of the Chemical Weapons
Convention, provoking the first split in the Anglo-US alliance.
"Calmative" gases, similar to the one that killed 120 hostages in the
Moscow theatre siege last year, could also be employed.
The convention bans the use of these toxic agents in battle, not least
because they risk causing an escalation to full chemical warfare. This
applies even though they can be used in civil disturbances at home:
both CS gas and pepper spray are available for use by UK police
forces. The US Marine Corps confirmed last week that both had already
been shipped to the Gulf.

It is British policy not to allow troops to take part in operations
where riot control agents are employed. But the US Defense Secretary,
Donald Rumsfeld, has asked President Bush to authorize their use. Mr
Bush, who has often spoken of "smoking out" the enemy, is understood
to have agreed. Internal Pentagon documents also show that the US is
developing a range of calmative gases, also banned for battlefield
use. Senior US defense sources predict these could be used in Iraq by
elite special forces units to take out command and control bunkers
deep underground.....

http://news.independent.co.uk/world/americas/story.jsp?story=383006

Johnny Asia

Mar 5, 2003, 6:26:47 AM3/5/03

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&ncid=533&e=7&cid=533&u=/ap/20030305/ap_on_re_us/mall_activists

Man Arrested for Wearing Peace T-Shirt

By DAMITA CHAMBERS, Associated Press Writer

ALBANY, N.Y. - A man was charged with trespassing in a mall after he
refused to take off a T-shirt that said "Peace on Earth" and "Give
peace a chance."

Mall security approached Stephen Downs, 61, and his 31-year-old son,
Roger, on Monday night after they were spotted wearing the T-shirts at
Crossgates Mall in a suburb of Albany, the men said.

The two said they were asked to remove the shirts made at a store
there, or leave the mall. They refused.

The guards returned with a police officer who repeated the ultimatum.
The son took his T-shirt off, but the father refused.

"'I said, `All right then, arrest me if you have to,'" Downs said. "So
that's what they did. They put the handcuffs on and took me away."

Downs pleaded innocent to the charges Monday night. The New York Civil
Liberties Union said it would help with his case if asked.

Police Chief James Murley said his officers were just responding to a
complaint by mall security.

"We don't care what they have on their shirts, but they were asked to
leave the property, and it's private property," Murley said.

A mall spokeswoman did not return calls Tuesday seeking comment.

Monday's arrest came less than three months after about 20 peace
activists wearing similar T-shirts were told to leave by mall security
and police. There were no arrests.

Johnny Asia

Mar 5, 2003, 6:51:39 AM3/5/03
former CIA director Woolsey:

http://ens-news.com/ens/sep2002/2002-09-11-09.asp

Bush Energy Policy Fuels Terrorists

WASHINGTON, DC, September 11, 2002 (ENS) - The Bush Administration
must rethink its energy policy if it is to succeed in the war on
terrorism, former Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) director James
Woolsey said today.

Speaking on the anniversary of the terrorist attacks on the World
Trade Center and Pentagon at the independent energy and environmental
research center, Resources for the Future, Woolsey called on the
president to reduce U.S. dependence on Middle East oil by:

* encouraging the use of more fuel efficient hybrid cars
*generating ethanol from biomass or waste
*beefing up the Strategic Petroleum Reserve to one billion barrels
*increasing Russian oil production by 50 percent

"I have not been pleased with the president's energy policy, to put it
mildly," Woolsey said. "I admire President Bush's effort in the fight
against terror, but his energy policy goes against what he is trying
to accomplish in that war."

Woolsey said people in the Middle East have some justification in
thinking the U.S. has but one interest in the region - oil.

"They think we want to use it as a gas station, that we have no
interest in the people," Woolsey explained. "They perceive that
America is in bed with their own oppressive regimes, and believe our
lack of willingness to stand up for human rights in their countries is
based on our thirst and appetite for oil."

Woolsey said oil wealth in the Middle East was also fueling terrorism.

"They understand the leverage they hold has a lot to do with our own
behavior, and we must start to understand that as well," he said.

Critical of both the Administration and Congress for rejecting plans
to tighten fuel economy standards, Woolsey said the move to highly
fuel efficient hybrid cars must be encouraged.

Harry Hope

Mar 5, 2003, 6:59:27 AM3/5/03

From The Associated Press, 3/5/03:
http://www.newsday.com/news/nationworld/wire/sns-ap-mall-activists0305mar05,0,3505887.story?coll=sns%2Dap%2Dnationworld%2Dheadlines

Man Arrested for Wearing Peace T-Shirt

By DAMITA CHAMBERS
Associated Press Writer

March 5, 2003, 6:15 AM EST

[...]

Let's Hear it for Mr. Downs and his son! And folks in Albany, N.Y.,
please stay away from the Crossgates Mall. They apparently don't want
folks who believe in peace shopping there.

Harry

Johnny Asia

Mar 5, 2003, 7:37:05 AM3/5/03

Here's a new PR idea for the US military.

The Big Oil robber baron junta will need lots of new recruits
to fight it's endlless wars. They should have a new
TV ad campiagn that shows inner city street gang
members driving around looking for people to shoot,
then lying House Negro-in-Chief Powell appears,
saying "Stop! Boys, why risk the death sentence for
shooting a few people, when you can get a medal
for killing thousands?"

Then an F-16 screeches by overhead, and a rapper
sings "Why drive-by, when you can fly-by?" ,
then videos of bombs blowing up stuff,
and the gang members all go to enlist.

The US will need plenty of oil for the fat stupid Americans,
so they can trun up their air conditioners when global warming
worsens, and so they can step on the gas in their SUV's
on their way to Disneyworld.

After all the oil fields are under US control, we'll
need regime changes in countries that have fresh water:

Water Crisis to Deepen as Supplies Dry Out - U.N.
Wed Mar 5, 2:06 AM ET

By Joelle Diderich and Elaine Lies

PARIS/TOKYO (Reuters) - World water reserves are drying up fast and
booming populations, pollution and global warming will combine to cut
the average person's water supply by a third in the next 20 years, the
United Nations said on Wednesday.

A report published by the U.N. on Wednesday ahead of the Third World
Water Forum in Kyoto, Japan, from March 16 to 23, criticized political
leaders for failing to take action and, in some cases, disputing the
very existence of a water crisis.

"About 20 percent of the world's population does not have access to
safe drinking water, which we take for granted," said Gordon Young,
director of the World Water Assessment Program at UNESCO, the U.N.'s
cultural agency, which compiled the report.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&ncid=586&e=5&cid=586&u=/nm/20030305/wl_nm/environment_water_dc

Johnny Asia

Mar 5, 2003, 7:48:51 AM3/5/03
On Wed, 05 Mar 2003 06:59:27 -0500, Harry Hope <riv...@ix.netcom.com>

>Let's Hear it for Mr. Downs and his son! And folks in Albany, N.Y.,
>please stay away from the Crossgates Mall. They apparently don't want
>folks who believe in peace shopping there.
>
>Harry>>

I just heard on WAMC radio in Albany that the man bought
the T-shirt at the mall.

JA

NoSur...@never.net

Mar 5, 2003, 8:48:54 AM3/5/03
On Wed, 05 Mar 2003 06:59:27 -0500, Harry Hope <riv...@ix.netcom.com>
wrote:

Hey, Hairy the Hopeless....pity you don't recognize private property
rights.

Cheerio...On to Baghdad...Cut and gut Sad Ham the Insane.

Dennis

George Grapman

Mar 5, 2003, 10:04:34 AM3/5/03

NoSur...@never.net wrote:

> Hey, Hairy the Hopeless....pity you don't recognize private property
> rights.
>
> Cheerio...On to Baghdad...Cut and gut Sad Ham the Insane.
>
> Dennis

Pity that you are unaware of various Supreme Court decisions regarding malls and the First Amendment.
--
To reply via e-mail please delete "NOSPAM" from address.

David L. Moffitt

Mar 5, 2003, 10:26:46 AM3/5/03

"George Grapman" <sfge...@pacbell.net> wrote in message
:
:

: NoSur...@never.net wrote:
:
: >
: > Hey, Hairy the Hopeless....pity you don't recognize private property
: > rights.
: >
: > Cheerio...On to Baghdad...Cut and gut Sad Ham the Insane.
: >
: > Dennis
:
: Pity that you are unaware of various Supreme Court decisions regarding
malls and the First Amendment.

%%%%% Hummmmm Interesting! Could you proved a link to back up your assertion
pretty please?

: --

:
:

NoSur...@never.net

Mar 5, 2003, 10:44:01 AM3/5/03
On Wed, 05 Mar 2003 15:04:34 GMT, George Grapman
<sfge...@pacbell.net> wrote:

>NoSur...@never.net wrote:
>

>> Hey, Hairy the Hopeless....pity you don't recognize private property
>> rights.
>>
>> Cheerio...On to Baghdad...Cut and gut Sad Ham the Insane.
>>
>> Dennis
>
> Pity that you are unaware of various Supreme Court decisions regarding malls and the First Amendment.

I am well aware of them; malls are not required under SCOTUS rulings
to tolerate those they deem offensive to public welfare. Try to keep
up, well ya...huh!!

Cheerio..On to Baghdad...Cut and gut Sad Ham the Insane.

Dennis

George Grapman

Mar 5, 2003, 10:44:36 AM3/5/03

"David L. Moffitt" wrote:

> %%%%% Hummmmm Interesting! Could you proved a link to back up your assertion
> pretty please?

Pruneyard Shopping Center v. Robins 447U.S.74
Amalgamated Food Employees Local Union 590v.Logan Valley Plaza 391U.S.308

Marcus S. Turner

Mar 5, 2003, 10:47:38 AM3/5/03
George Grapman wrote:
> NoSur...@never.net wrote:
>

>> Hey, Hairy the Hopeless....pity you don't recognize private property
>> rights.
>>
>> Cheerio...On to Baghdad...Cut and gut Sad Ham the Insane.
>>
>> Dennis
>
> Pity that you are unaware of various Supreme Court decisions
> regarding malls and the First Amendment.

In their 1980 opinion on Pruneyard Shopping Center v. Robins, the court
affirmed a state supreme court ruling that the state constitution protects
11 speech and petitioning, reasonably exercised, in shopping centers even
when the centers are privately owned."

Justice William Rehnquist cited court decisions that stated "Neither
property nor contract rights are absolute ... Equally fundamental with the
private right is that of the public to regulate it in the common interest
... " and that a state may grant greater free speech and petition rights
than those in the U.S. Constitution.

Now, Does New York State grant greater free speech and petition rights?

adarwinian

Mar 5, 2003, 10:45:49 AM3/5/03
On Wed, 05 Mar 2003 10:44:01 -0500, NoSur...@never.net wrote:

>On Wed, 05 Mar 2003 15:04:34 GMT, George Grapman
><sfge...@pacbell.net> wrote:
>

>>NoSur...@never.net wrote:
>>

>>> Hey, Hairy the Hopeless....pity you don't recognize private property
>>> rights.
>>>
>>> Cheerio...On to Baghdad...Cut and gut Sad Ham the Insane.
>>>
>>> Dennis
>>
>> Pity that you are unaware of various Supreme Court decisions regarding malls and the First Amendment.
>
>I am well aware of them; malls are not required under SCOTUS rulings
>to tolerate those they deem offensive to public welfare. Try to keep
>up, well ya...huh!!

Please tell me how wearing a shirt that has a peace message on it is
"offensive to public welfare."

I believe that if this had happened and the guy and the kid were
wearing pro-bush/pro-war shirts, the conservatives in this country
would be freaking out.

Marcus S. Turner

Mar 5, 2003, 10:49:59 AM3/5/03
David L. Moffitt wrote:
> "George Grapman" <sfge...@pacbell.net> wrote in message
>>

>> NoSur...@never.net wrote:
>>

>>> Hey, Hairy the Hopeless....pity you don't recognize private property
>>> rights.
>>>
>>> Cheerio...On to Baghdad...Cut and gut Sad Ham the Insane.
>>>
>>> Dennis
>>
>> Pity that you are unaware of various Supreme Court decisions
>> regarding malls and the First Amendment.
>
> %%%%% Hummmmm Interesting! Could you proved a link to back up your
> assertion pretty please?

in Pruneyard Shopping Center v. Robins, the court affirmed a state supreme

court ruling that the state constitution protects 11 speech and petitioning,
reasonably exercised, in shopping centers even when the centers are
privately owned."

Justice William Rehnquist cited court decisions that stated "Neither
property nor contract rights are absolute ... Equally fundamental with the
private right is that of the public to regulate it in the common interest
... " and that a state may grant greater free speech and petition rights
than those in the U.S. Constitution.

I'm still trying to find out which New York favors - stronger property
rights or stronger speech rights.

cornytheclown

Mar 5, 2003, 11:04:09 AM3/5/03
pope_ab...@Xyahoo.com (Johnny Asia) wrote in message news:<3e65dee4...@news.mybizz.net>...

The fucking minimum wage security gaurd most likely thought the
father and son combo were a part of the earlier troublemakers...... I
would have removed the shirt and then did some recon on the shirt
selling store then returned at a later date and burned the store to
the ground along with the mall if neccesary.

Johnny Asia

Mar 5, 2003, 11:16:16 AM3/5/03
France, Russia Vow No Iraq War Approval

By JOHN LEICESTER, Associated Press Writer

PARIS - The foreign ministers of France, Germany and Russia said
Wednesday they will "not allow" passage of a American-backed U.N.
resolution to authorize war against Iraq - further highlighting the
deep trans-Atlantic split between Washington and two of its closest
allies.

The three ministers held an emergency meeting in Paris as U.S.-led
preparations for war accelerate and the U.N. Security Council prepares
to consider a resolution backed by Washington that could open the door
for military action.

"We will not allow a resolution to pass that authorizes resorting to
force," France's Dominique de Villepin said at a press conference
alongside his Russian and German counterparts. "Russia and France, as
permanent members of the Security Council, will assume their full
responsibilities on this point."

When asked whether France would use its veto in the council as Russia
has suggested it might do, de Villepin said, "We will take all our
responsibilities. We are in total agreement with the Russians."

Marcus S. Turner

Mar 5, 2003, 11:15:42 AM3/5/03
George Grapman wrote:
> "David L. Moffitt" wrote:
>
>> %%%%% Hummmmm Interesting! Could you proved a link to back up your
>> assertion pretty please?
>
> Pruneyard Shopping Center v. Robins 447U.S.74
> Amalgamated Food Employees Local Union 590v.Logan Valley Plaza
> 391U.S.308

Comments on Pruneyard Shopping Center v. Robins 447U.S.74

Justice William Rehnquist cited court decisions that stated "Neither
property nor contract rights are absolute ... Equally fundamental with the
private right is that of the public to regulate it in the common interest
... " and that a state may grant greater free speech and petition rights
than those in the U.S. Constitution.

Does New York explicitly give New York residents additional Free Speech
Protection?

Grinder

Mar 5, 2003, 11:26:10 AM3/5/03
Anyway to get a listing of the stores in the mall? A boycott of the mall
stores may change their minds. If the stores are a chain, write to
corporate and let them know their stores nationally will be boycotted until
the situation changes. In this economy, no store whether private or part of
a chain can afford a reduction in business.

Grinder

Mar 5, 2003, 11:27:59 AM3/5/03
Here is a listing of the stores in the Mall. Go to each web site and tell
them you are going to boycott their stores nationally until free speech is
allowed once again at the Crossgates Mall.

http://www.albanywebsites.com/listings.asp?categoryid=141

Grinder

Mar 5, 2003, 11:33:04 AM3/5/03
A simple e-mail to the stores in the mall should change the policy.

It is my understanding a 61 year old Stephens Downs was arrested at the
Crossgates Mall in Albany New York for wearing a T-shirt that he bought at
the mall that said "Peace on Earth" and "Give Peace a Chance." I understand
your company may not have direct input into the policies of the Mall but by
renting space in the mall you contribute to these policies.

I will boycott ********* stores until this problem is resolved in Albany New
York.

http://www.albanywebsites.com/listings.asp?categoryid=141

Adam Albright

Mar 5, 2003, 11:51:37 AM3/5/03
On Wed, 05 Mar 2003 15:26:46 GMT, "David L. Moffitt"
<moff...@prodigy.net> wrote:

>"George Grapman" <sfge...@pacbell.net> wrote in message
>:
>:
>: NoSur...@never.net wrote:
>:
>: >
>: > Hey, Hairy the Hopeless....pity you don't recognize private property
>: > rights.
>: >
>: > Cheerio...On to Baghdad...Cut and gut Sad Ham the Insane.
>: >
>: > Dennis
>:
>: Pity that you are unaware of various Supreme Court decisions regarding
>malls and the First Amendment.
>
>%%%%% Hummmmm Interesting! Could you proved a link to back up your assertion
>pretty please?

You too stupid to know how to use a search engine?

Errant_Eye

Mar 5, 2003, 12:02:52 PM3/5/03
Is that really what happened or is that just their side of it? Were
they asked to leave because they were creating a disturbance?

Mark Cook

Mar 5, 2003, 12:29:02 PM3/5/03
"George Grapman" <sfge...@pacbell.net> wrote in message

> NoSur...@never.net wrote:
> >
> > Hey, Hairy the Hopeless....pity you don't recognize private property
> > rights.
> >
> > Cheerio...On to Baghdad...Cut and gut Sad Ham the Insane.
> >
> > Dennis
>
> Pity that you are unaware of various Supreme Court decisions regarding
malls and the First Amendment.

Were there signs up that prohibited picketing, soliciting, ect? If so there
were these signs, does that mean the two men give up their first amendment
rights?

NoSur...@never.net

Mar 5, 2003, 1:02:11 PM3/5/03
On Wed, 05 Mar 2003 10:02:59 -0600, Stop_Killer_Bush@No_War.com wrote:

>On Wed, 05 Mar 2003 06:59:27 -0500, Harry Hope <riv...@ix.netcom.com>
>wrote:
>

>I disagree. Don't stay away, get everyone you know to go to that mall
>with peace shirts. Just think what would happen if 5000 people
>entered the mall all at the same time. But, while you are there, dont
>spend a cent, and be sure to point out to other shoppers what kind of
>fascists run that mall. Harass them, and hit them in the pocketbook.
>Dont forget the protest signs!!!

Where the hell are you going to find 5,000 useful idiots to bus in
there? Or will you bus in 125 from the homeless shelter and detox
center, and then claim 10,00 peacenik chicks and guys "in touch with
their feminine side" traveled through a blizzard to get there on their
own?

And, you try harassing some of the people I know in shopping centers,
you'll be carrying your teeth home in your pocket.

NoSur...@never.net

Mar 5, 2003, 1:05:17 PM3/5/03
On Wed, 05 Mar 2003 16:27:59 GMT, "Grinder" <tho...@earthlink.net>
wrote:

Typical useful idiots aproach...punish the little guy.

George Johnson

Mar 5, 2003, 1:09:02 PM3/5/03
<NoSur...@never.net> wrote in message

Wow, you are not only a LAZY WHORE you are one damn STUPID WHORE as
well.

Leave this newsgroup and let the adults discuss the real world while you
go rent your body out to strangers for $2 a jizz spurt.
I am REALLY sick of the GOP-KGB WHORES.

FauxPrez

Mar 5, 2003, 1:29:43 PM3/5/03

Some helpful links:

http://albany.citysearch.com/profile/7581386

http://www.albanywebsites.com/listings.asp?categoryid=141

http://www.timesunion.com/AspStories/story.
asp?storyID=112222&category=REGION&BCCode=HOME&newsdate=3/5/2003

http://bettersyracuse.tripod.com/albany.html

----
"President Bush says that he does not need approval from the U.N.
to wage war...and I'm thinking, "Well, hell, he really didn't
need the approval of the American voters to become president
either, did he?" - David Letterman

Mark Cook

Mar 5, 2003, 1:43:00 PM3/5/03
"George Grapman" <sfge...@NOSPAMpacbell.net> wrote in message

> "David L. Moffitt" wrote:
>
> > %%%%% Hummmmm Interesting! Could you proved a link to back up your
assertion
> > pretty please?
>
> Pruneyard Shopping Center v. Robins 447U.S.74
> Amalgamated Food Employees Local Union 590v.Logan Valley Plaza
391U.S.308

First, the man was NOT arrested for wearing a peace t-shirt. According to
the story from MSNBC, he was arrested for trespassing.

http://www.msnbc.com/local/wnyt/m276307.asp?0ct=-302&cp1=1

The last line in the story...

"Signs posted at entrances to the mall say that "wearing of apparel...
likely to provoke disturbances... is prohibited" at the mall."

With these signs posted, I think the men entered into a contract. Apparently
the owner's thought that they violated the agreement, and thus were asked to
change their shirts or leave. When the man refused, he was arrested for
trespassing.

Roger Adams

Mar 5, 2003, 1:45:53 PM3/5/03

"Grinder" <tho...@earthlink.net> wrote in message

WHAT! Without any inspections.
Roger

Roger Adams

Mar 5, 2003, 1:48:09 PM3/5/03

"Grinder" <tho...@earthlink.net> wrote in message

Why don't you just bomb the damn mall? Hell we all know they are guilty
because it was on usenet.
Roger

Theodiclus Lock

Mar 5, 2003, 3:10:37 PM3/5/03
NoSur...@never.net wrote in message news:<700c6vc41o77pn3e6...@4ax.com>...

Dennis,

What a nice man you seem to be.

Here's the beauty of a free society: even if Crossgates has the right
to have someone arrested for a shirt that says "Give Peace a Chance",
the rest of us have the right to use our freedoms to express our
disdain for Crossgates' small-mindedness.

Here are a few ways you can exercise your freedoms:

1. Don't Shop At Crossgates Mall.

2. If you have friends who live near Albany, tell them all about what
happened.

3. Call Crossgates Mall at (518) 869-3522. Tell them you won't shop
there, and that you're telling your friends all about it. Ask them to
publicly apologize.

4. Write a letter of Protest. Address: Crossgates Mall 1 Crossgates
Mall Road, Albany, NY 12203

Or would doing these things be arrestable offenses, too?

Good Day,

Theo
http://irregulartimes.com

Marcus S. Turner

Mar 5, 2003, 3:20:11 PM3/5/03

Hmmm...

You might want to read over the actual decision.

It is based on additional rights granted byt the State. California grants
additional rights to the residences, including one that explictly allows
public access to malls.

It's on a state to state basis.

David L. Moffitt

FauxPrez

Mar 5, 2003, 3:45:11 PM3/5/03

!!!*P*L*O*N*K*!!!

David L. Moffitt

Mar 5, 2003, 4:03:47 PM3/5/03

"George Johnson" <matr...@voyager.net> wrote in message
: <NoSur...@never.net> wrote in message

%%%% My what a civilized response. Did you learn that from your local DNC
office?

:
:

Johnny Asia

Mar 5, 2003, 4:20:39 PM3/5/03
UN's Blix More Upbeat on Iraq Than U.S. Officials

By Evelyn Leopold and Irwin Arieff

UNITED NATIONS (Reuters) - In contrast to the Bush administration,
chief U.N. arms inspector Hans Blix said on Wednesday that Iraq had
stepped up disarmament cooperation recently.

While he said there were still many open questions about Iraq's
weapons of mass destruction, Blix refused to join in the blanket U.S.
condemnation of Iraqi cooperation.

Speaking at a news conference, two days before he presents another
crucial report to the U.N. Security Council, Blix also said the
outbreak of war would discredit inspections not only in Iraq but
elsewhere.

And he said he would release "benchmarks" or unresolved issues for
Iraq disarmament on Friday, a report wanted by several countries
seeking a compromise between the U.S.-British position of invading
Iraq and the French-German-Russian view that inspections should
continue without limits.

David L. Moffitt

Mar 5, 2003, 4:59:27 PM3/5/03

"Adam Albright" <A...@ABC.net> wrote in message
: On Wed, 05 Mar 2003 15:26:46 GMT, "David L. Moffitt"

%%%% I got the answer from previous posts but, it appears it is up to the
State to determine the level and not the SCOTUS!!! :o) Doe it apply in NY?

:
:

David L. Moffitt

Mar 5, 2003, 5:03:04 PM3/5/03

"Mark Cook" <mc...@prodigy.net> wrote in message
: "George Grapman" <sfge...@NOSPAMpacbell.net> wrote in message

%%%% Hummmmm----That changes the whole argument then doesn't it. Did the men
have the "right" to disobey the rules to enter the mall?

:
:
:

SemiScholar

Mar 5, 2003, 5:17:25 PM3/5/03
On Wed, 05 Mar 2003 10:08:43 -0500, BlackWater <b...@barrk.net> wrote:

>Well ... in theory ... a shopping mall IS a privately-owned
>enterprise. If they demand that all shoppers be nekked or
>be barred admittance, they can. Might be a little bad for
>business though (especially if the geriatric set DOES get
>nekked ...).

Well, no, not really. A mall is a public accomodation, and as such
there are things it cannot do. For example, it cannot bar African
Americans. It cannot exclude Jewish shoppers. There have been
supreme court cases about these things. They still get argued, but it
is clear that the "it's a privately owned enterprise" argument is far
too simplistic.

But whatever... the fact that the slogans "Peace on Earth" and "Give
peace a chance" are considered offensive - or even controversial - is
remarkable.

>pope_ab...@Xyahoo.com (Johnny Asia) wrote:
>
>>http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&ncid=533&e=7&cid=533&u=/ap/20030305/ap_on_re_us/mall_activists

>>Man Arrested for Wearing Peace T-Shirt
>>

>>By DAMITA CHAMBERS, Associated Press Writer
>>

>>ALBANY, N.Y. - A man was charged with trespassing in a mall after he

First Name

Mar 5, 2003, 5:17:19 PM3/5/03
Why are we suppose to boycott a mall?

Why don't you become a human shield?

Bush Busta

Mar 5, 2003, 5:25:12 PM3/5/03

--
"They told us to buy duct tape and portable radios so that if the world does end,
we can all listen to Rush Limbaugh blame it on Clinton."

--Bill Maher, HBO's "Real Time With Bill Maher"

Bush Busta

Mar 5, 2003, 5:26:01 PM3/5/03
Group Protests Peace T-Shirt Arrest in Bush's Amerika

Damita Chambers, The Associated Press, March 5, 2003

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story2&cid=514&ncid=514&e=7&u=/ap/20030305/ap_on_re_us/mall_activists

GUILDERLAND, N.Y. -About 100 anti-war demonstrators marched through a
mall Wednesday to protest the arrest of a shopper who wore a T-shirt
that read "Peace on Earth" and "Give Peace a Chance."

"We just want to know what the policy is and why it's being randomly
enforced," said Erin O'Brien, an organizer of the noontime rally at
the Crossgates Mall.

Protest leaders were scheduled to meet with the mall's manager after
the rally. Calls to mall officials were not immediately returned.

On Monday, Stephen Downs, 61, and his son were asked by mall security
guards to remove their peace-slogan shirts or leave. Downs'
31-year-old son, Roger, took off his shirt. But Downs refused.

The guards called police, and he was charged with trespassing and
pleaded innocent.

Police Chief James Murley said: "We don't care what they have on their

shirts, but they were asked to leave the property, and it's private

property."

The men had had the T-shirts made at a mall store and wore them while
they shopped.

--BB

David Lentz

Mar 5, 2003, 5:30:40 PM3/5/03

"Marcus S. Turner" wrote:

<snip>

> >> %%%%% Hummmmm Interesting! Could you proved a link to back up your
> >> assertion pretty please?
> >
> > You too stupid to know how to use a search engine?
>
> Hmmm...
>
> You might want to read over the actual decision.
>
> It is based on additional rights granted byt the State. California grants
> additional rights to the residences, including one that explictly allows
> public access to malls.
>
> It's on a state to state basis.

Well yes and well no.

I agree that is freedom of speech versus property rights issued
which has to decided on state by state basis.

I disagree that California granted additional rights in giving
protesters the right to protest on private property. What
California did was to deprive property owners pf the right to use
their property as they, and not the state, see fit. California's
law makes for less rights.

David

Adam Albright

Mar 5, 2003, 5:35:32 PM3/5/03
On Wed, 05 Mar 2003 17:19:06 -0500, BlackWater <b...@barrk.net> wrote:

>SemiScholar <semis...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>>On Wed, 05 Mar 2003 10:08:43 -0500, BlackWater <b...@barrk.net> wrote:
>>
>>>Well ... in theory ... a shopping mall IS a privately-owned
>>>enterprise. If they demand that all shoppers be nekked or
>>>be barred admittance, they can. Might be a little bad for
>>>business though (especially if the geriatric set DOES get
>>>nekked ...).
>>
>>Well, no, not really. A mall is a public accomodation, and as such
>>there are things it cannot do. For example, it cannot bar African
>>Americans. It cannot exclude Jewish shoppers. There have been
>>supreme court cases about these things.
>

> Barring people simply for existing ... I can see
> why that's illegal. However, if they DO something
> that offends the owners ...

You offend me, I'm having you arrested.

Bush Busta

Mar 5, 2003, 5:35:55 PM3/5/03
On Wed, 05 Mar 2003 12:48:51 GMT, pope_ab...@Xyahoo.com (Johnny
Asia) wrote:

>On Wed, 05 Mar 2003 06:59:27 -0500, Harry Hope <riv...@ix.netcom.com>
>

>>____________________________________________________
>>
>>Let's Hear it for Mr. Downs and his son! And folks in Albany, N.Y.,
>>please stay away from the Crossgates Mall. They apparently don't want
>>folks who believe in peace shopping there.
>>
>>Harry>>
>

>I just heard on WAMC radio in Albany that the man bought
>the T-shirt at the mall.

You Can Now Be Arrested for 'Peace' T-Shirt Crime in Bush's Amerika

Reuters, March 5, 2003

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/nm/20030305/od_nm/iraq_usa_shirt_dc_2

NEW YORK (Reuters) -A lawyer was arrested late Monday and charged with
trespassing at a public mall in the state of New York after refusing
to take off a T-shirt advocating peace that he had just purchased at
the mall.

According to the criminal complaint filed on Monday, Stephen Downs was
wearing a T-shirt bearing the words "Give Peace A Chance" that he had
just purchased from a vendor inside the Crossgates Mall in
Guilderland, New York, near Albany.

"I was in the food court with my son when I was confronted by two
security guards and ordered to either take off the T-shirt or leave
the mall," said Downs.

When Downs refused the security officers' orders, police from the town
of Guilderland were called and he was arrested and taken away in
handcuffs, charged with trespassing "in that he knowingly enter(ed) or
remain(ed) unlawfully upon premises," the complaint read.

Downs said police tried to convince him he was wrong in his actions by
refusing to remove the T-shirt because the mall "was like a private
house and that I was acting poorly.

"I told them the analogy was not good and I was then hauled off to
night court where I was arraigned after pleading not guilty and
released on my own recognizance," Downs told Reuters in a telephone
interview.

Downs is the director of the Albany Office of the state Commission on
Judicial Conduct, which investigates complaints of misconduct against
judges and can admonish, censure or remove judges found to have
engaged in misconduct.

Calls to the Guilderland police and district attorney, Anthony Cardona
and to officials at the mall were not returned for comment.

Downs is due back in court for a hearing on March 17.

He could face up to a year in prison if convicted.

Adam Albright

Mar 5, 2003, 5:36:33 PM3/5/03
On Wed, 05 Mar 2003 17:19:06 -0500, BlackWater <b...@barrk.net> wrote:

> Yes, it's a bit simplistic ...

NOTHING is more simplistic than a right-wing lunantic!

Bush Busta

Mar 5, 2003, 5:37:21 PM3/5/03
On Wed, 05 Mar 2003 08:48:54 -0500, NoSur...@never.net wrote:

>On Wed, 05 Mar 2003 06:59:27 -0500, Harry Hope <riv...@ix.netcom.com>

>>____________________________________________________
>>
>>Let's Hear it for Mr. Downs and his son! And folks in Albany, N.Y.,
>>please stay away from the Crossgates Mall. They apparently don't want
>>folks who believe in peace shopping there.
>>
>>Harry
>

>Hey, Hairy the Hopeless....pity you don't recognize private property
>rights.

Like when your right wing buddies used to put up signs saying "No
Niggers?"

Is that what you are talking about, Mr. Numb Nuts?

--BB

Bush Busta

Mar 5, 2003, 5:38:11 PM3/5/03
On Wed, 05 Mar 2003 15:44:36 GMT, George Grapman
<sfge...@NOSPAMpacbell.net> wrote:

>"David L. Moffitt" wrote:
>
>> %%%%% Hummmmm Interesting! Could you proved a link to back up your assertion
>> pretty please?
>

> Pruneyard Shopping Center v. Robins 447U.S.74
> Amalgamated Food Employees Local Union 590v.Logan Valley Plaza 391U.S.308

Whoops.

The right wingers got what they asked for.

Bush Busta

Mar 5, 2003, 5:39:10 PM3/5/03
On Wed, 05 Mar 2003 15:45:49 GMT, adarwinian <adarw...@outgun.com>
wrote:

>On Wed, 05 Mar 2003 10:44:01 -0500, NoSur...@never.net wrote:
>
>>On Wed, 05 Mar 2003 15:04:34 GMT, George Grapman
>><sfge...@pacbell.net> wrote:

>>> Pity that you are unaware of various Supreme Court decisions regarding malls and the First Amendment.
>>

>>I am well aware of them; malls are not required under SCOTUS rulings
>>to tolerate those they deem offensive to public welfare. Try to keep
>>up, well ya...huh!!
>>

>Please tell me how wearing a shirt that has a peace message on it is
>"offensive to public welfare."
>
>I believe that if this had happened and the guy and the kid were
>wearing pro-bush/pro-war shirts, the conservatives in this country
>would be freaking out.

Do these mall Nazis throw people out of the mall during Christmas for
wearing shirts that say "Peace on Earth?"

SemiScholar

Mar 5, 2003, 5:48:47 PM3/5/03
On Wed, 05 Mar 2003 17:19:06 -0500, BlackWater <b...@barrk.net> wrote:

>SemiScholar <semis...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>>On Wed, 05 Mar 2003 10:08:43 -0500, BlackWater <b...@barrk.net> wrote:
>>
>>>Well ... in theory ... a shopping mall IS a privately-owned
>>>enterprise. If they demand that all shoppers be nekked or
>>>be barred admittance, they can. Might be a little bad for
>>>business though (especially if the geriatric set DOES get
>>>nekked ...).
>>
>>Well, no, not really. A mall is a public accomodation, and as such
>>there are things it cannot do. For example, it cannot bar African
>>Americans. It cannot exclude Jewish shoppers. There have been
>>supreme court cases about these things.
>

> Barring people simply for existing ... I can see
> why that's illegal. However, if they DO something
> that offends the owners ...
>

> IMHO, it's only 'public property' if the State goes
> and BUYS it.

Fine. But you're not on the Supreme Court, so who cares what you
think? Fact is, public accomodations do indeed carry some obligations
to human rights.

>>They still get argued, but it
>>is clear that the "it's a privately owned enterprise" argument is far
>>too simplistic.
>

> Yes, it's a bit simplistic ... or is it that the
> law has instead become overly complex, drifting
> too far from its common-sense origins into the
> dark jungle of semantics and hair-splitting ?

You think free speech rights are "overly complex"?

> Oh well, Supreme Courts swap hands every so
> often. We'll see what the newest bunch have
> to say about all this.

>>But whatever... the fact that the slogans "Peace on Earth" and "Give
>>peace a chance" are considered offensive - or even controversial - is
>>remarkable.
>

> A year ago, I'd have agreed ... but now such sentiments
> aren't so generic, the context has changed. Now they're
> easily seen as advocating a specific political agenda
> against the Iraq war and/or the president.

And what does THAT tell you about the Iraq war and/or the president?
That the phrase "Peace on Earth" is considered a criticism of Bush?

Bush Busta

Mar 5, 2003, 5:41:48 PM3/5/03
On Wed, 05 Mar 2003 10:51:37 -0600, Adam Albright <A...@ABC.net> wrote:

>On Wed, 05 Mar 2003 15:26:46 GMT, "David L. Moffitt"
><moff...@prodigy.net> wrote:
>

>>"George Grapman" <sfge...@pacbell.net> wrote in message
>>:
>>:

>>: NoSur...@never.net wrote:
>>:
>>: >
>>: > Hey, Hairy the Hopeless....pity you don't recognize private property
>>: > rights.
>>: >
>>: > Cheerio...On to Baghdad...Cut and gut Sad Ham the Insane.
>>: >
>>: > Dennis
>>:
>>: Pity that you are unaware of various Supreme Court decisions regarding
>>malls and the First Amendment.
>>

>>%%%%% Hummmmm Interesting! Could you proved a link to back up your assertion
>>pretty please?
>

>You too stupid to know how to use a search engine?

Anyone who has read Mr. Moffitt's posts is mouthing a silent YES as
they read your question.

Bush Busta

Mar 5, 2003, 5:42:26 PM3/5/03
On Wed, 05 Mar 2003 17:29:02 GMT, "Mark Cook" <mc...@prodigy.net>
wrote:

>"George Grapman" <sfge...@pacbell.net> wrote in message
>>
>> NoSur...@never.net wrote:
>> >
>> > Hey, Hairy the Hopeless....pity you don't recognize private property
>> > rights.
>> >
>> > Cheerio...On to Baghdad...Cut and gut Sad Ham the Insane.
>> >
>> > Dennis
>>
>> Pity that you are unaware of various Supreme Court decisions regarding
>malls and the First Amendment.
>

>Were there signs up that prohibited picketing, soliciting, ect? If so there
>were these signs, does that mean the two men give up their first amendment
>rights?

They bought the shirts in the mall from a mall merchant.

Bush Busta

Mar 5, 2003, 5:45:52 PM3/5/03
On Wed, 05 Mar 2003 18:43:00 GMT, "Mark Cook" <mc...@prodigy.net>
wrote:

>"George Grapman" <sfge...@NOSPAMpacbell.net> wrote in message

He didn't wear the shirt into the mall. He bought it in the mall and
then put it on.

You Bush fan boy fascists are screwed on this one.

They ordered him not to wear something he bought at the mall from one
of the malls merchants.

Do they harass people who wear shirts they bought in the Mall at
Christmas that say "Peace on Earth?"

Bush Busta

Mar 5, 2003, 5:48:04 PM3/5/03

Your civilized response?

We have all seen your idea of civilized, Mr. Moffitt.

This gentleman bought a shirt from a mall merchant and then put it on.

By the way, he is an attorney as well.

You Bush fan Boy fascists are screwed on this one.

Bush Busta

Mar 5, 2003, 5:56:25 PM3/5/03
On Wed, 05 Mar 2003 21:54:28 GMT, "David L. Moffitt"
<moff...@prodigy.net> wrote:

>"George Grapman" <sfge...@NOSPAMpacbell.net> wrote in message
>:
>:
>: "David L. Moffitt" wrote:
>:
>: > %%%%% Hummmmm Interesting! Could you proved a link to back up your
>assertion
>: > pretty please?
>:
>: Pruneyard Shopping Center v. Robins 447U.S.74
>

>%%%% Hummmmm----- My search engines returned-------No Results Found

The Freepers.com search engine?

That could be your problem.

>: Amalgamated Food Employees Local Union 590v.Logan Valley Plaza
>391U.S.308
>
>%%%% Hummmmm----- My search engines returned-------No Results Found
>

>%%%% Hummmmmm-----Looks very much like you led to cover your liberal ass!!!

Looks like you are too stupid to do legal research, Mr. Moffitt.

http://supreme.lp.findlaw.com/constitution/amendment01/20.html

It took me 10 seconds at http://www.findlaw.com/casecode/supreme.html.

But then again I know how to research.

You appear to be barely able to post.

Glad I could help your dumb ass out.

Johnny Asia

Mar 5, 2003, 6:15:20 PM3/5/03

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&ncid=676&e=9&cid=676&u=/usatoday/20030305/ts_usatoday/4918058

Pentagon halts flights after N. Korea incident
Wed Mar 5,

Barbara Slavin USA TODAY

WASHINGTON -- The Pentagon on Tuesday suspended U.S. surveillance
flights in an area where North Korean jets intercepted a U.S. aircraft
over the weekend. The United States hopes to prevent a confrontation
in the Pacific while its military and diplomatic corps are focused on
Iraq.

A senior administration official involved in Korea policy said the
flights are ''temporarily on hold'' while the U.S. military ''is
reviewing what happened and deciding what to continue.''

North Korean fighters came within 50 feet of the U.S. jet over the Sea
of Japan on Sunday. The jet was 150 miles from North Korea, which has
claimed 200 miles as its airspace. The confrontation was the first
since 1969, when the North shot down a U.S. surveillance plane,
killing 31 crewmen. No shots were fired Sunday.

White House spokesman Ari Fleischer condemned the North Korean action
as ''reckless'' behavior but said President Bush ''continues to
believe that this can be handled diplomatically.''

Bush Busta

Mar 5, 2003, 6:41:52 PM3/5/03
On Wed, 05 Mar 2003 22:17:19 GMT, "First Name" <ziggy...@yahoo.com>
wrote:

Email the mall merchants and tell them what the Mall Nazis are doing
to their business:

http://www.albanywebsites.com/listings.asp?categoryid=141

Bush Busta

Mar 5, 2003, 6:45:33 PM3/5/03
On Wed, 05 Mar 2003 17:19:06 -0500, BlackWater <b...@barrk.net> wrote:

>SemiScholar <semis...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>>On Wed, 05 Mar 2003 10:08:43 -0500, BlackWater <b...@barrk.net> wrote:
>>
>>>Well ... in theory ... a shopping mall IS a privately-owned
>>>enterprise. If they demand that all shoppers be nekked or
>>>be barred admittance, they can. Might be a little bad for
>>>business though (especially if the geriatric set DOES get
>>>nekked ...).
>>
>>Well, no, not really. A mall is a public accomodation, and as such
>>there are things it cannot do. For example, it cannot bar African
>>Americans. It cannot exclude Jewish shoppers. There have been
>>supreme court cases about these things.
>

> Barring people simply for existing ... I can see
> why that's illegal. However, if they DO something
> that offends the owners ...
>
> IMHO, it's only 'public property' if the State goes
> and BUYS it.

Buying a shirt from a mall merchant and then wearing it "offends" the
Mall?

Care to explain that logic, Mr. Water?

>>They still get argued, but it
>>is clear that the "it's a privately owned enterprise" argument is far
>>too simplistic.
>

> Yes, it's a bit simplistic ... or is it that the
> law has instead become overly complex, drifting
> too far from its common-sense origins into the
> dark jungle of semantics and hair-splitting ?
>

> Oh well, Supreme Courts swap hands every so
> often. We'll see what the newest bunch have
> to say about all this.
>

>>But whatever... the fact that the slogans "Peace on Earth" and "Give
>>peace a chance" are considered offensive - or even controversial - is
>>remarkable.
>

> A year ago, I'd have agreed ... but now such sentiments
> aren't so generic, the context has changed. Now they're
> easily seen as advocating a specific political agenda
> against the Iraq war and/or the president.

Do you think the Mall Nazis will be busting people who buy shirts at
the Mall this Christmas that say "Peace on Earth?"

That last one was really dumb, even for you Mr. Water.

David L. Moffitt

Mar 5, 2003, 6:45:51 PM3/5/03

: On Wed, 05 Mar 2003 17:19:06 -0500, BlackWater <b...@barrk.net> wrote:
:
: > Yes, it's a bit simplistic ...
:
: NOTHING is more simplistic than a right-wing lunantic!

%%%% Nothing is more entertaining than watching a liberal flop around
whining and crying and gnashing their teeth in frustration!!! :o)

:
:

David L. Moffitt

Mar 5, 2003, 6:48:38 PM3/5/03

"Bush Busta" <Bush...@America.com> wrote in message
: On Wed, 05 Mar 2003 15:44:36 GMT, George Grapman

: <sfge...@NOSPAMpacbell.net> wrote:
:
: >"David L. Moffitt" wrote:
: >
: >> %%%%% Hummmmm Interesting! Could you proved a link to back up your
assertion
: >> pretty please?
: >
: > Pruneyard Shopping Center v. Robins 447U.S.74
: > Amalgamated Food Employees Local Union 590v.Logan Valley Plaza
391U.S.308
:
: Whoops.
:
: The right wingers got what they asked for.

%%%% Whoops! The liberal posted thet it is up to the state to set the
"right"!! :o)

:
: --BB

:

David L. Moffitt

Mar 5, 2003, 6:57:20 PM3/5/03

"Bush Busta" <Bush...@America.com> wrote in message
: On Wed, 05 Mar 2003 21:03:47 GMT, "David L. Moffitt"

%%%% I'm only un-civil to one person on the net and it is because I got
tired of his homosexual propositions and advances!

:
: This gentleman bought a shirt from a mall merchant and then put it on.

:
: By the way, he is an attorney as well.
:
: You Bush fan Boy fascists are screwed on this one.

%%%% That "is" up to the jury!!! It may be proven he is an "ambulance
chaser" trying (and succeeding) to file a frivolous lawsit for personal
gain!!! I'll let the jury decide!!!

:
: --BB

:

Mark Cook

Mar 5, 2003, 6:57:51 PM3/5/03

> On Wed, 05 Mar 2003 17:29:02 GMT, "Mark Cook" <mc...@prodigy.net>
> wrote:
>
> >"George Grapman" <sfge...@pacbell.net> wrote in message

> >> Pity that you are unaware of various Supreme Court decisions
regarding
> >malls and the First Amendment.
> >
> >Were there signs up that prohibited picketing, soliciting, ect? If so
there
> >were these signs, does that mean the two men give up their first
amendment
> >rights?
>
> They bought the shirts in the mall from a mall merchant.
>
> --BB

And your point?

Adam Albright

Mar 5, 2003, 6:57:45 PM3/5/03

Says a lot about the asshole you are, doesn't it.

David L. Moffitt

Mar 5, 2003, 6:59:08 PM3/5/03

: On Wed, 05 Mar 2003 21:54:28 GMT, "David L. Moffitt"

: <moff...@prodigy.net> wrote:
:
: >
: >:
: >:
: >:
[...]

%%%% Thank you for proving the point that he didn't have the right. He
should have been in California!!! :o)

:
: --BB

:

Mark Cook

Mar 5, 2003, 7:01:18 PM3/5/03

"Bush Busta" <Bush...@America.com> wrote in message

Look you stupid son of a bitch, I think the guy has a right to wear what he
wants.

The **POINT** is he violated an agreement he had with the mall. Are you
trying to us that any time that liberals are exempt from the law?

> They ordered him not to wear something he bought at the mall from one
> of the malls merchants.

They still knew of their agreement no matter where the bought the shirt.

> Do they harass people who wear shirts they bought in the Mall at
> Christmas that say "Peace on Earth?"

That is differnet point. Political vs Religious.

Mr. Video

Mar 5, 2003, 7:39:53 PM3/5/03
> On Wed, 05 Mar 2003 15:04:34 GMT, George Grapman
> <sfge...@pacbell.net> wrote:
>

> >NoSur...@never.net wrote:
> >

> >> Hey, Hairy the Hopeless....pity you don't recognize private property
> >> rights.
> >>
> >> Cheerio...On to Baghdad...Cut and gut Sad Ham the Insane.
> >>
> >> Dennis
> >
> > Pity that you are unaware of various Supreme Court decisions regarding malls and the First Amendment.
>
> I am well aware of them; malls are not required under SCOTUS rulings
> to tolerate those they deem offensive to public welfare. Try to keep
> up, well ya...huh!!
>
> Cheerio..On to Baghdad...Cut and gut Sad Ham the Insane.
>
> Dennis

What a worthless redneck piece of shit. Get in your Silverado, hitch
up your trailer, and park it on the railroad tracks now. Do the world
a favor and off yourself. Take a few of these other hillbillies with
you.

CS

harold

Mar 5, 2003, 7:55:58 PM3/5/03
On Wed, 05 Mar 2003 16:33:04 GMT, "Grinder" <tho...@earthlink.net>
wrote:

>A simple e-mail to the stores in the mall should change the policy.
>
>It is my understanding a 61 year old Stephens Downs was arrested at the
>Crossgates Mall in Albany New York for wearing a T-shirt that he bought at
>the mall that said "Peace on Earth" and "Give Peace a Chance." I understand
>your company may not have direct input into the policies of the Mall but by
>renting space in the mall you contribute to these policies.
>
>I will boycott ********* stores until this problem is resolved in Albany New
>York.

Good. That is the best way to express how you feel.

Personally, I will make it a point to shop there, if I can.

Regards, Harold
----
"Democrats believe kids shouldn't even be in school, at least not
in anything that could properly be called a school -- where
children learn to count and read and don't get shot at recess.
People who can count don't vote for Democrats."
-----P. J. O’Rourke, The Weekly Standard, 7 August 2000

George Grapman

Mar 5, 2003, 8:26:22 PM3/5/03

Mark Cook wrote:

First, the man was NOT arrested for wearing a peace t-shirt. According to
the story from MSNBC, he was arrested for trespassing.

http://www.msnbc.com/local/wnyt/m276307.asp?0ct=-302&cp1=1

The last line in the story...

"Signs posted at entrances to the mall say that "wearing of apparel...
likely to provoke disturbances... is prohibited" at the mall."

With these signs posted, I think the men entered into a contract. Apparently
the owner's thought that they violated the agreement, and thus were asked to
change their shirts or leave. When the man refused, he was arrested for
trespassing.

  He purchased the shirt at the mall.

--
   To reply via e-mail please delete "NOSPAM" from address.

George Grapman

Mar 5, 2003, 8:27:29 PM3/5/03

"David L. Moffitt" wrote:

> %%%% Hummmmm----That changes the whole argument then doesn't it. Did the men
> have the "right" to disobey the rules to enter the mall?

He entered the mall without the shirt but purchased it there.

George Grapman

Mar 5, 2003, 8:30:11 PM3/5/03

"David L. Moffitt" wrote:

> %%%% Hummmmm----- My search engines returned-------No Results Found
>

> : Amalgamated Food Employees Local Union 590v.Logan Valley Plaza
> 391U.S.308

You either need a better search engine or need to learn how to use one.
Then again your credibility is rather limited as you tend to post links that
don't verify your claims and sometime don't even refer to the topic at hand.

> %%%% Hummmmm----- My search engines returned-------No Results Found
>
> %%%% Hummmmmm-----Looks very much like you led to cover your liberal ass!!!

> :o)
>
> :
> : --

> : To reply via e-mail please delete "NOSPAM" from address.

> :
> :
>
> [Image]

Adam Albright

Mar 5, 2003, 8:43:41 PM3/5/03
On Wed, 05 Mar 2003 23:57:20 GMT, "David L. Moffitt"
<moff...@prodigy.net> wrote:

r idea of civilized, Mr. Moffitt.

>%%%% I'm only un-civil to one person on the net and it is because I got
>tired of his homosexual propositions and advances!

You're not only uncivilized, you're mental unbalanced to write the
slop you do like above.

>:
>: This gentleman bought a shirt from a mall merchant and then put it on.
>:
>: By the way, he is an attorney as well.
>:
>: You Bush fan Boy fascists are screwed on this one.
>
>%%%% That "is" up to the jury!!! It may be proven he is an "ambulance
>chaser" trying (and succeeding) to file a frivolous lawsit for personal
>gain!!! I'll let the jury decide!!!

LOL! If you knew how to read, you would have learned this attorney
seems to be a big shot on a judical review board. The shit is going to
fly on this one. Bet on it.

Adam Albright

Mar 5, 2003, 8:50:28 PM3/5/03
On Thu, 06 Mar 2003 00:01:18 GMT, "Mark Cook" <mc...@prodigy.net>
wrote:

>> You Bush fan boy fascists are screwed on this one.

>Look you stupid son of a bitch, I think the guy has a right to wear what he
>wants.

Wow the right wing turds are sure foaming at the mouth on this one!

>The **POINT** is he violated an agreement he had with the mall. Are you
>trying to us that any time that liberals are exempt from the law?

What agreement would that be asswipe?

>> They ordered him not to wear something he bought at the mall from one
>> of the malls merchants.
>
>They still knew of their agreement no matter where the bought the shirt.

What agreement asshole?

>> Do they harass people who wear shirts they bought in the Mall at
>> Christmas that say "Peace on Earth?"
>
>That is differnet point. Political vs Religious.

Bullshit. You're another fucking right wing wacko that don't know
shit, but pretends he does.

ROBW

Mar 5, 2003, 9:18:29 PM3/5/03
How can you trespass in a mall if you are there during hours of operation
and are making purchases? (the men bought the bloody shirts at the mall.)

And I wonder how consistent this mall is about it's policy of banning
sloganeer t-shirts that are "not in the spirit" of the center?
Have they ever read some of the "And-One" shirts that I'm sure some of their
shoppers are wearing?

That's just for starters.

robw

--
"Sing while you may" Edward Ka-Spel

"Mark Cook" <mc...@prodigy.net> wrote in message

> "George Grapman" <sfge...@NOSPAMpacbell.net> wrote in message
> >

> > "David L. Moffitt" wrote:
> >
> > > %%%%% Hummmmm Interesting! Could you proved a link to back up your
> assertion
> > > pretty please?
> >
> > Pruneyard Shopping Center v. Robins 447U.S.74

> > Amalgamated Food Employees Local Union 590v.Logan Valley Plaza
> 391U.S.308

ROBW

Mar 5, 2003, 9:20:26 PM3/5/03
They purchased the shirts at the mall, and put them on there.

Why is the store not made to take the shirts off sale if they are selling
product that can't be worn in the center they operate?

Now how does that change things?

robw

--

"David L. Moffitt" <moff...@prodigy.net> wrote in message

> :
> :
> :

ROBW

Mar 5, 2003, 9:21:20 PM3/5/03
Nice one.
I'm gonna love to see the answer to this one.

robw

--
"Sing while you may" Edward Ka-Spel

ROBW

Mar 5, 2003, 9:32:26 PM3/5/03
Sorry.
You ever go to a mall ,Sparky?
Try it.
Make sure you read all the slogans on the shirts you see there.
Especially, ones from a sports clothing company called "And -One."
(it refers to making a shot in b-ball, and getting fouled to attempt a foul
shot on the same play, hence "shot good, and one")

Things like "You game is as ugly as your girlfriend." And "I saw your game
today, on the side of a milk carton."

Better make sure those "violators" are removed from the mall, as well.

And how about NRA patches on one's clothing?
Pro Life shirts?

This mall is getting into a place they don't want to be.
Besides, with the Busch economy, any mall should welcome any paying
customers they get right now.

robw

--
"Sing while you may" Edward Ka-Spel

"Mark Cook" <mc...@prodigy.net> wrote in message

ROBW

Mar 5, 2003, 9:36:42 PM3/5/03
Have you ever been to any mall that is not over run with kids on Friday and
Saturday nights?

Do you not think 13 to 18 year old kids dropping the "f" bomb every other
word is not offensive to people?

Or are you one of those "loving parents' who drop their kids off so that we
can babysit them?

robw

--
"Sing while you may" Edward Ka-Spel

ROBW

Mar 5, 2003, 9:38:12 PM3/5/03
Of course this shirt wasn't offensive.
I work for a retail outfit that has 150 locations. I'll have to see if we're
in this mall and call the manager and get the deal.

robw

--

"adarwinian" <adarw...@outgun.com> wrote in message

> On Wed, 05 Mar 2003 10:44:01 -0500, NoSur...@never.net wrote:
>
> >On Wed, 05 Mar 2003 15:04:34 GMT, George Grapman
> ><sfge...@pacbell.net> wrote:

> >> Pity that you are unaware of various Supreme Court decisions regarding
malls and the First Amendment.

> >I am well aware of them; malls are not required under SCOTUS rulings
> >to tolerate those they deem offensive to public welfare. Try to keep
> >up, well ya...huh!!
> >

> Please tell me how wearing a shirt that has a peace message on it is
> "offensive to public welfare."
>
> I believe that if this had happened and the guy and the kid were
> wearing pro-bush/pro-war shirts, the conservatives in this country
> would be freaking out.

ROBW

Mar 5, 2003, 9:40:47 PM3/5/03
Naw, see bombing is your response to things you don't like.

We have a different way of doing things.

Much more effective

robw

--

"Roger Adams" <ro...@emailaccount.com> wrote in message

> "Grinder" <tho...@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> > Anyway to get a listing of the stores in the mall? A boycott of the
mall
> > stores may change their minds. If the stores are a chain, write to
> > corporate and let them know their stores nationally will be boycotted
> until
> > the situation changes. In this economy, no store whether private or
part
> of
> > a chain can afford a reduction in business.
> >

> Why don't you just bomb the damn mall? Hell we all know they are guilty
> because it was on usenet.
> Roger

ROBW

Mar 5, 2003, 9:43:33 PM3/5/03
'Gap" and "Eddie Bauer" are little guys?

Dope.

robw
--

> On Wed, 05 Mar 2003 16:27:59 GMT, "Grinder" <tho...@earthlink.net>
> wrote:
>
> >Here is a listing of the stores in the Mall. Go to each web site and
tell
> >them you are going to boycott their stores nationally until free speech
is
> >allowed once again at the Crossgates Mall.
> >
> >http://www.albanywebsites.com/listings.asp?categoryid=141
> >
> Typical useful idiots aproach...punish the little guy.

Hydratwo

Mar 5, 2003, 9:48:53 PM3/5/03
>Subject: Re: Man Arrested for Wearing Peace T-Shirt
>From: "ROBW" nodd...@comcast.net
>Date: 3/5/03 9:36 PM Eastern Standard Time

The language is offensive and common sense dictates they should be escourted
out if they cannot control their mouths. However, this incident defies common
sense.

http://members.aol.com/hydratwo

Bush Busta

Mar 5, 2003, 9:49:56 PM3/5/03

We are all wondering why any business in their right mind would arrest
someone who bought a t-shirt at the mall for wearing that t-shirt in
the mall while they shopped.

Care to explain that logic?

Bush Busta

Mar 5, 2003, 9:50:31 PM3/5/03

That is an insult to assholes everywhere.

Bush Busta

Mar 5, 2003, 9:51:39 PM3/5/03

So they arrested a customer for buying a shirt in the mall and then
wearing it in the mall.

Welcome to Bush's Amerika.

Bush Busta

Mar 5, 2003, 9:52:35 PM3/5/03
On Thu, 06 Mar 2003 01:27:29 GMT, George Grapman
<sfge...@NOSPAMpacbell.net> wrote:

>"David L. Moffitt" wrote:
>
>> %%%% Hummmmm----That changes the whole argument then doesn't it. Did the men
>> have the "right" to disobey the rules to enter the mall?
>
> He entered the mall without the shirt but purchased it there.

You must excuse Mr. Moffitt. He doesn't read the threads before he
shows his ass.

Bush Busta

Mar 5, 2003, 9:55:16 PM3/5/03

The customer in charge is an attorney that specializes in judicial
ethics.

He was arrested for wearing a shirt that he had just purchased at the
mall.

And such a message on the shirt.

Expect a rash of Christmas arrests when grandma gets out her favorite
"Peace on Earth" shirt!

Bush Busta

Mar 5, 2003, 9:58:21 PM3/5/03
On Wed, 05 Mar 2003 23:48:38 GMT, "David L. Moffitt"
<moff...@prodigy.net> wrote:

>"Bush Busta" <Bush...@America.com> wrote in message

>: On Wed, 05 Mar 2003 15:44:36 GMT, George Grapman

>: <sfge...@NOSPAMpacbell.net> wrote:
>:
>: >"David L. Moffitt" wrote:

>: >
>: >> %%%%% Hummmmm Interesting! Could you proved a link to back up your

>assertion
>: >> pretty please?
>: >
>: > Pruneyard Shopping Center v. Robins 447U.S.74
>: > Amalgamated Food Employees Local Union 590v.Logan Valley Plaza
>391U.S.308

>:
>: Whoops.
>:
>: The right wingers got what they asked for.
>
>%%%% Whoops! The liberal posted thet it is up to the state to set the
>"right"!! :o)

Keep reading numb nuts. The state may determine those rights if they
are GREATER than those found in the US Constitution. Otherwise they
are a violation of constitutional law.

Home schooled were you?

Bush Busta

Mar 5, 2003, 10:07:15 PM3/5/03
<moff...@prodigy.net> wrote:

>"Bush Busta" <Bush...@America.com> wrote in message

>: >%%%% My what a civilized response. Did you learn that from your local DNC
>: >office?
>:
>: Your civilized response?
>:
>: We have all seen your idea of civilized, Mr. Moffitt.

>%%%% I'm only un-civil to one person on the net and it is because I got
>tired of his homosexual propositions and advances!

Sure thing Mr. Moffitt.

You have been a whining troll since you hit these groups.

>: This gentleman bought a shirt from a mall merchant and then put it on.
>:
>: By the way, he is an attorney as well.
>:
>: You Bush fan Boy fascists are screwed on this one.
>
>%%%% That "is" up to the jury!!!

Do think that a DA is going to indict a customer for buying a shirt in
the mall and then putting it on to shop?

> It may be proven he is an "ambulance
>chaser" trying (and succeeding) to file a frivolous lawsit for personal
>gain!!!

Try a respected attorney who specializes in judicial ethics, Mr.
Moffitt.

> I'll let the jury decide!!!

A jury will never see this case.

Over a hundred people entered the mall today wearing shirts with
anti-war messages and NONE of them were harassed or even approached.

You right wing assholes lose again.

--BB

--
"The bad news is that North Korea has restarted its nuclear reactors,
so we know that they could soon have a nuke that could hit the west

Bush Busta

Mar 5, 2003, 10:11:06 PM3/5/03
On Wed, 05 Mar 2003 23:57:51 GMT, "Mark Cook" <mc...@prodigy.net>
wrote:

>"Bush Busta" <Bush...@America.com> wrote in message

>> On Wed, 05 Mar 2003 17:29:02 GMT, "Mark Cook" <mc...@prodigy.net>
>> wrote:
>>
>> >"George Grapman" <sfge...@pacbell.net> wrote in message

>regarding
>> >malls and the First Amendment.
>> >

>> >Were there signs up that prohibited picketing, soliciting, ect? If so
>there
>> >were these signs, does that mean the two men give up their first
>amendment
>> >rights?
>>
>> They bought the shirts in the mall from a mall merchant.
>>
>> --BB
>
>And your point?

Shall I use smaller words?

Are you telling me that a DA is going to indict a citizen for buying a
shirt at the mall and then wearing their new shirt while shopping?

Also, over 100 people entered the mall today wearing similar shirts
and no one said a word to them.

Please keep this thread going.

You Bushovics look even more extreme than usual on this one.

Bush Busta

Mar 5, 2003, 10:17:24 PM3/5/03
On Thu, 06 Mar 2003 00:01:18 GMT, "Mark Cook" <mc...@prodigy.net>
wrote:

We agree on that point and I'm a stupid son of a bitch?

What does that make you, Mr. Cook?

>The **POINT** is he violated an agreement he had with the mall. Are you
>trying to us that any time that liberals are exempt from the law?

When did he agree not to wear any clothing he bought in the mall at
the mall?

No DA is going to even touch that one, Mr. Cook.

As a matter of fact, over 100 people gave the Mall Nazis a chance to
repeat their goose stepping tactics today and there was not a word
said by anyone at the mall.

>> They ordered him not to wear something he bought at the mall from one
>> of the malls merchants.
>
>They still knew of their agreement no matter where the bought the shirt.

You keep mumbling about an agreement.

The main agreement that trumps any imaginary right wing fantasies of
yours is called the social contract.

See the US Constitution for details, Mr. Cook.

>> Do they harass people who wear shirts they bought in the Mall at
>> Christmas that say "Peace on Earth?"
>
>That is differnet point. Political vs Religious.

It's the same shirt. Same message.

You are chasing your own dumb right wing tail on this one, Mr. Cook.

But please keep this thread going.

--BB

--
"The bad news is that North Korea has restarted its nuclear reactors,
so we know that they could soon have a nuke that could hit the west
coast here in California. The president has said that this is still not a
crisis because we don't have one that could hit a red state."

--Bill Maher, HBO's Real Time With Bill Maher

Bush Busta

Mar 5, 2003, 10:19:58 PM3/5/03
On Wed, 5 Mar 2003 21:21:20 -0500, "ROBW" <nodd...@comcast.net>
wrote:

>I'm gonna love to see the answer to this one.
>
>robw
>

>"Sing while you may" Edward Ka-Spel

One of the right wing mouth breathers tried to tell me that was
different.

Same words. Same message. Same shirt.

This is what happens to our freedoms when we allow right wing war
hysteria to take hold.

--BB

--

"The bad news is that North Korea has restarted its nuclear reactors,
so we know that they could soon have a nuke that could hit the west
coast here in California. The president has said that this is still not a
crisis because we don't have one that could hit a red state."

--Bill Maher, HBO's Real Time With Bill Maher

Bush Busta

Mar 5, 2003, 10:22:28 PM3/5/03
On Wed, 5 Mar 2003 21:32:26 -0500, "ROBW" <nodd...@comcast.net>
wrote:

>Sorry.
>You ever go to a mall ,Sparky?
>Try it.
>Make sure you read all the slogans on the shirts you see there.
>Especially, ones from a sports clothing company called "And -One."
>(it refers to making a shot in b-ball, and getting fouled to attempt a foul
>shot on the same play, hence "shot good, and one")
>
>Things like "You game is as ugly as your girlfriend." And "I saw your game
>today, on the side of a milk carton."
>
>Better make sure those "violators" are removed from the mall, as well.
>
>And how about NRA patches on one's clothing?
>Pro Life shirts?
>
>This mall is getting into a place they don't want to be.
>Besides, with the Busch economy, any mall should welcome any paying
>customers they get right now.

If you would like to contact the mall merchants about what their Mall
Nazis are doing to their image and sales:

http://www.albanywebsites.com/listings.asp?categoryid=141

--BB
--
"The bad news is that North Korea has restarted its nuclear reactors,
so we know that they could soon have a nuke that could hit the west
coast here in California. The president has said that this is still not a
crisis because we don't have one that could hit a red state."

--Bill Maher, HBO's Real Time With Bill Maher

Bush Busta

Mar 5, 2003, 10:27:18 PM3/5/03
On Thu, 06 Mar 2003 00:55:58 GMT, harold
<harold.no.s...@deletethisyahoo.com> wrote:

>On Wed, 05 Mar 2003 16:33:04 GMT, "Grinder" <tho...@earthlink.net>
>wrote:
>
>>A simple e-mail to the stores in the mall should change the policy.
>>
>>It is my understanding a 61 year old Stephens Downs was arrested at the
>>Crossgates Mall in Albany New York for wearing a T-shirt that he bought at
>>the mall that said "Peace on Earth" and "Give Peace a Chance." I understand
>>your company may not have direct input into the policies of the Mall but by
>>renting space in the mall you contribute to these policies.
>>
>>I will boycott ********* stores until this problem is resolved in Albany New
>>York.
>
>Good. That is the best way to express how you feel.
>
>Personally, I will make it a point to shop there, if I can.

They probably won't even notice your Aryan Nations shirt, Harold.

E-mail the mall merchants and tell them what you think of their Mall
Nazi squad:

Marcus S. Turner

Mar 5, 2003, 10:42:22 PM3/5/03
ROBW wrote:
> They purchased the shirts at the mall, and put them on there.
>
> Why is the store not made to take the shirts off sale if they are
> selling product that can't be worn in the center they operate?
>
> Now how does that change things?

I buy my underdrawers at the mall but it does not give me the right to go
around wearing 'em.

Just think how much it would scare the children.

Morf

Mar 5, 2003, 10:46:20 PM3/5/03
Adam Albright wrote:

> On Wed, 05 Mar 2003 15:26:46 GMT, "David L. Moffitt"
> <moff...@prodigy.net> wrote:
>

> >"George Grapman" <sfge...@pacbell.net> wrote in message
> >:
> >:
> >: NoSur...@never.net wrote:
> >:
> >: >
> >: > Hey, Hairy the Hopeless....pity you don't recognize private property
> >: > rights.
> >: >
> >: > Cheerio...On to Baghdad...Cut and gut Sad Ham the Insane.
> >: >
> >: > Dennis
> >:
> >: Pity that you are unaware of various Supreme Court decisions regarding
> >malls and the First Amendment.
> >
> >%%%%% Hummmmm Interesting! Could you proved a link to back up your assertion
> >pretty please?
>
> You too stupid to know how to use a search engine?

http://www4.law.cornell.edu/uscode/42/2000a-1.html

TITLE 42 > CHAPTER 21 > SUBCHAPTER II > Sec. 2000a.
Next
Sec. 2000a. - Prohibition against discrimination or segregation in
places of public accommodation

(a) Equal access

All persons shall be entitled to the full and equal enjoyment of the
goods, services, facilities, privileges, advantages, and accommodations
of any place of public accommodation, as defined in this section,
without discrimination or segregation on the ground of race, color,
religion, or national origin.

(b) Establishments affecting interstate commerce or supported in their
activities by State action as places of public accommodation; lodgings;
facilities principally engaged in selling food for consumption on the
premises; gasoline stations; places of exhibition or entertainment;
other
covered establishments

Each of the following establishments which serves the public is a place
of public accommodation within the meaning of this subchapter if its
operations affect commerce, or if discrimination or segregation by it
is
supported by State action:

(1)

any inn, hotel, motel, or other establishment which provides lodging to
transient guests, other than an establishment located within a building
which contains not more than five rooms for rent or hire and which is
actually occupied by the proprietor of such establishment as his
residence;

(2)

any restaurant, cafeteria, lunchroom, lunch counter, soda fountain, or
other facility principally engaged in selling food for consumption on
the
premises, including, but not limited to, any such facility located on
the
premises of any retail establishment; or any gasoline station;

(3)

any motion picture house, theater, concert hall, sports arena, stadium
or other place of exhibition or entertainment; and

(4)

any establishment

(A)

(i)

which is physically located within the premises of any establishment
otherwise covered by this subsection, or

(ii)

within the premises of which is physically located any such covered
establishment, and

(B)

which holds itself out as serving patrons of such covered
establishment.

(c) Operations affecting commerce; criteria; ''commerce'' defined

The operations of an establishment affect commerce within the meaning
of this subchapter if

(1)

it is one of the establishments described in paragraph (1) of
subsection
(b) of this section;

(2)

in the case of an establishment described in paragraph (2) of
subsection (b) of this section, it serves or offers to serve interstate
travelers of a substantial portion of the food which it serves, or
gasoline
or other products which it sells, has moved in commerce;

(3)

in the case of an establishment described in paragraph (3) of
subsection (b) of this section, it customarily presents films,
performances, athletic teams, exhibitions, or other sources of
entertainment which move in commerce; and

(4)

in the case of an establishment described in paragraph (4) of
subsection (b) of this section, it is physically located within the
premises of, or there is physically located within its premises, an
establishment the operations of which affect commerce within the
meaning of this subsection. For purposes of this section, ''commerce''
means travel, trade, traffic, commerce, transportation, or
communication among the several States, or between the District of
Columbia and any State, or between any foreign country or any
territory or possession and any State or the District of Columbia, or
between points in the same State but through any other State or the
District of Columbia or a foreign country.

(d) Support by State action

Discrimination or segregation by an establishment is supported by
State action within the meaning of this subchapter if such
discrimination
or segregation

(1)

is carried on under color of any law, statute, ordinance, or
regulation;
or

(2)

is carried on under color of any custom or usage required or enforced
by officials of the State or political subdivision thereof; or

(3)

is required by action of the State or political subdivision thereof.

(e) Private establishments

The provisions of this subchapter shall not apply to a private club or
other establishment not in fact open to the public, except to the
extent
that the facilities of such establishment are made available to the
customers or patrons of an establishment within the scope of
subsection (b) of this section

Morf

Mar 5, 2003, 10:48:01 PM3/5/03
Mark Cook wrote:

> "George Grapman" <sfge...@pacbell.net> wrote in message
> >
> > NoSur...@never.net wrote:
> > >
> > > Hey, Hairy the Hopeless....pity you don't recognize private property
> > > rights.
> > >
> > > Cheerio...On to Baghdad...Cut and gut Sad Ham the Insane.
> > >
> > > Dennis
> >
> > Pity that you are unaware of various Supreme Court decisions regarding
> malls and the First Amendment.
>
> Were there signs up that prohibited picketing, soliciting, ect? If so there
> were these signs, does that mean the two men give up their first amendment
> rights?

Doesn't matter. The food court is public.

Morf

Mar 5, 2003, 10:48:20 PM3/5/03

NoSur...@never.net wrote:

> [...]

> >>Harry
> >
> >I disagree. Don't stay away, get everyone you know to go to that mall
> >with peace shirts. Just think what would happen if 5000 people
> >entered the mall all at the same time. But, while you are there, dont
> >spend a cent, and be sure to point out to other shoppers what kind of
> >fascists run that mall. Harass them, and hit them in the pocketbook.
> >Dont forget the protest signs!!!
>
> Where the hell are you going to find 5,000 useful idiots to bus in
> there? Or will you bus in 125 from the homeless shelter and detox
> center, and then claim 10,00 peacenik chicks and guys "in touch with
> their feminine side" traveled through a blizzard to get there on their
> own?
>
> And, you try harassing some of the people I know in shopping centers,
> you'll be carrying your teeth home in your pocket.

It is loading more messages.