TV 04 July 1996

Kenneth Otto

Jul 9, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/9/96

Unofficial Summary Of Rush Limbaugh The TV Show
By Kenneth Otto. Email comments & corrections to:
kennet...@flamingo-bbs.com

Program date - Thursday, July 4, 1996
Independence Day - America's 220th Birthday

DISCLAIMER

This document is not sanctioned by Rush Limbaugh,
Multimedia, or any of the television affiliates.

For an official transcript contact Burrelle's Transcripts,
P.O. Box 7, Livingston, N.J. 07039 or call 1-800-777-8398.
For a video of the show call Video Archives 1-800-367-8433.

SUBSCRIPTION START

And place the following in the body of the message:
SUB pipenet.olist-1 <username@address>

Note <username@address> is your internet email address.

Send a copy of your request to kennet...@flamingo-bbs.com
for future inclusion when this listserv is no longer available.

SUBSCRIPTION STOP

And place the following in the body of the message:

Note <username@address> is your internet email address.

Send a copy of your request to kennet...@flamingo-bbs.com
for future exclusion when this listserv is no longer available.

BACK ISSUES and John Switzer's summaries available at:
Politically Incorrect Cocoa, FL 407-632-7549 (1) USR 33.6k
PipeLine! 1:374/147 Palm Bay, FL 407-728-7386 (5) USR 33.6k

BEGIN Summary of the July 4, 1996 program.

Show opener
===========
Michelle Rypenread of RUSH News has a story about how the
movie Independence_Day is drawing record crowds. Coupled
with that is the Newsweek poll that says 29 percent of
people believe they have been involved in alien encounters.
She says Rush News has obtained exclusive tape of an alien
interview. The reporter inquires of the alien, "You say you
possess superior intelligence." Alien responds, "That is
correct." Reporter asks, "So what is the population of
Delaware?" Alien responds, "666,168." Reporter asks, "Who
won the Heisman trophy in 1936?" Alien responds, "Larry
Kelly of E.A.L." Reporter asks, "Okay, wise guy. You're so
smart. Who hired Craig Livingstone?" Alien is puzzled. He
doesn't have an answer. (The alien is someone in a mask
that looks just like the one of the aliens in the photo from
the Weekly World News - when Rush was reported to have met
with aliens. The "alien" is wearing a No Boundaries tie.)

1. Vice President Al Gore is the subject of this first
segment. This relates to Bob Dole's remarks that Bob Dole
does not know for sure that cigarettes are addictive. Rush
had explained that it is like Dole was out to kill babies
with this furor that has followed Dole for that statement.
What is not in the press is that Dole made the statement and
followed it with warnings to children not to start smoking.
Bob Dole expressed that it is something young people should
not do. Dole's remark that he is not sure it is addictive
is based on the fact that Dole is not a scientist and is
therefore not qualified to express an opinion on whether it
is an addictive substance. Dole also said if people want to
stop others from smoking then they ought to work to outlaw
the cigarettes.

Getting back to Rush's reason for opening the show with a
quote from Al Gore, Al Gore was a tobacco farmer. Al Gore
said the following: "Throughout most of my life, I raised
tobacco. I want you to know that with my own hands, all of
my life, I put it in the plant beds and transferred it. I've
hoed it. I've dug in it, I've sprayed it, I've chopped it,
I've shredded it, spiked it, put it in the barn and stripped
it and sold it." Al Gore speaking to tobacco farmers in
Greenville, North Carolina, on February 26, 1988. Rush
explains that Gore said this when he was a Presidential
candidate in 1988. Yet Gore can pick on Dole for his
remarks about tobacco now.

2. Also from Vice President Al Gore, Rush introduces the
following clip. We hear Al Gore talking about the
Lockhead-Martin plant where they developed the next
generation Space Shuttle, the X-33. Gore is there to
officially unveil the X-33 as the craft chosen to replace
today's Space Shuttle. Gore actually says, "Well you don't
have to be a rocket scientist to understand the importance
of this moment." Rush corrects Al Gore and says that one
does have to be a rocket scientist to understand the X-33.
"How does it fly," asked Rush, as he noted that only the
rocket scientists know right now. The funny thing is that
Gore was speaking before a group comprised of rocket
scientists. (( I wonder who wrote this speech for Gore. ))
Rush points out that there was no reaction to Gore's comment
meaning that the scientists decided to remain silent when
Gore made this faux paux.

3. Al Gore told college Democrats this advice: "...early
to bed, early to rise, work like hell, and organize...".
This advice was given in a tone which made it sound as if
Gore was already asleep. (This was a video clip)

Rush adds the following on the screen via chiron. They are
ALGORE'S FAVORITE SAYINGS, according to Rush.

1) You can lead a horse to dirty, polluted, Republican
water, but you can't make him drink.

2) Never judge a book by its cover because sometimes the
president hides his nudie magazines inside them.

Rush explains that people sighed when he read the first one
of these. Rush thinks that some of them thought Rush would
give a serious list of actual Al Gore quotes.

3) If a tree falls in the forest, I hope someone helps it
get up.

Someone in the audience is not pleased and Rush noted it.

4) Let she who is without sin, cast the first lamp. (( A
reference to Hillary's alleged lamp throwing. ))

Audience laughs. Rush said to Dick that there may be some
liberals in the audience (and that is why Rush hears some
disapproval while most people are laughing).

5) Sticks and stones may break my bones but the Mighty
Morphin Power Rangers can really hurt me. (( Right on! ))

6) Seek and ye shall find. Unless you want to know who
hired Craig Livingstone.

4. It has been revealed that the Chicken George character
who following George Bush around during the 1992 campaign
was the creation of Craig Livingstone. The Chicken George
character is shown in video clips. This character would
follow Bush around and insinuate that Bush was chicken
because he would not debate Clinton early on in the
Presidential race. (( Imagine a draft dodger's campaign
trying to call a veteran the calibre of George Bush chicken,
but it happened. )) Rush feels that Livingstone may have
also been responsible for the new character out there
hounding Bob Dole, namely Butt Man - a person in a cigarette
butt costume.

Rush reveals the latest shocking fact about Craig
Livingstone. It seems that Mr. Livingstone had applied to
be the one in charge of "the football," a object that has
the launch codes for the nuclear missles. "The football" as
it is called is kept within reach of the President at all
times when he is travelling. To apply for this job Craig
Livingstone sent a letter to George Stephanopolis - a man
who said Livingstone was a good worker then lately claimed
to have barely met him once.

BREAK

5. Rush talks about the callers to his radio show which
Rush refers to as "seminar callers." Seminar callers are
people who pretend to agree with Rush, claim to have
listened and agreed with Rush for years, but want Rush to
stop picking on Clinton so much because it is helping
Clinton in the polls. Rush does not agree with them. Rush
has seen memos from the Democratic party which invite people
to call and act this way - it is as if they went to a
seminar on how to attack talk radio.

Getting back to Rush not agreeing with them. Rush has his
reasons namely this:

APPROVAL RATING for President Clinton

NOW June 18-19
Approve: 52% 58%
Disapprove: 42% 37%

Source: CNN-USA Today-Gallup Poll of June 27-30, 1996.

Presidential Election

53% Clinton 43% Bob Dole (ABC News poll)

All of this data is among likely voters noted Rush.

FBI FILES
=========
56% say it was an intentional abuse of power

50% say that President Clinton knew about it

Whitewater
==========
53% President did something illegal

53% Hillary Clinton did something illegal

58% Hillary Clinton lied about her involvement

Rush said that all of these negatives, good as they are,
seem to be cancelled by the answer to this question.

(Who) UNDERSTANDS (your) PROBLEMS
=================================

56% say CLINTON does 38% say DOLE does

Source: Washington Post/ABC News poll, June 27-30, 1996
(margin of error 3.5%)

Rush explains this is why Clinton leads in the polls. Rush
does note that when you count only those who are likely to
vote the percent difference between Clinton and Dole is
smaller. Rush noted that his commentary on Clinton is
working since the gap between Clinton & Dole is closing. So
Rush won't allow "seminar callers" to change how he does his
show.

BREAK

6. The President went to a senior citizens constitutional
movement. He did not properly present the Republican plan.
He lied about it again. He asks the seniors if we should
end medicare as we know it. They respond, "No." But it
would be the Republicans who would protect medicare. Rush
explains this is Clinton building class envy between the
generations - Social security and medicare recipients versus
the young workers. Clinton is doing this since seniors are
the largest percentage of voters (as Rush explained).

7. Robert B. Reich, Secretary of Labor says the economy is
better than it has been in three decades. Louis Rukeyser of
Wall Street Week does not agree with Reich. Rukeyser said
on June 28, 1996, that the U.S. economy is in a sub-par
recovery. He said that last year's economy grew more slowly
than in any other non-recession year since records were kept
beginning a half-century ago. He said we have been out of
recession for five years but progress has been frustratingly
uneven. (( I paraphrased what Rush put in the chiron which
was not displayed in quotes. ))

BREAK

8. Rush is "getting sick and tired of some of you people
saying, ''Stop talking about character. I'm tired of
talking about character. Let's talk about the issues.''"
This bothers Rush since talking about the issues is no good
if the person you support lies. Clinton lies all the time.
Rush cannot believe what he says about an issue so Rush must
talk about Clinton's character. Rush wonders if any of
Clinton's supporters know what issues he stands for in this
election.

9. The San Diego Union-Tribune reported a story entitled
"Enraged bears maul intruder at zoo." A man wandered into
the place where the bears live because he said one of the
bears motioned to him to come on in. The bear is supposed
to have waived him in. Rush's audience laughed. Rush asked
them not to laugh because we don't know if they were really
communicating since the First Lady talks to dead people.
Rush shows the video clip.

END of this show & therefore this summary

Summary (c) Kenneth Otto, 1996

Program (c) Rush Limbaugh & Multimedia, 1996

Internet: kennet...@nosurf.com (Kenneth Otto)
Barney's PipeLine! BBS 24hrs 12-28.8 bps 407.728.7386
Serving Florida's Space Coast Community