Obama: "we're putting Americans to work"

vict0r

Jul 4, 2010, 9:56:48 PM7/4/10
February 9, 2009

You'll see the effects [of the stimulus] begin almost immediately," Summers
said on CNN. "Layoffs that otherwise would've happened in cities and towns
of cops and teachers wont happen. You'll see withholding schedules adjusted
so that people have more money in their paychecks. You'll see orders go out
for new roads, new bridges, new computers for hospitals. You'll start to see
better maintenance of schools. So, things will happen very, very quickly."

http://www.boston.com/news/politics/politicalintelligence/2009/02/summers_obama_i.html

---

February 17, 2009

Obama: "Now, what makes this [stimulus] plan so important is not just that
it will create or save 3.5 million jobs over the next two years...[]... It's
that we're putting Americans to work"

http://www.whitehouse.gov/the_press_office/Remarks-by-the-President-and-Vice-President-at-Signing-of-the-American-Recovery-an/

---

January 2009

Obama: Stimulus will keep unemployment below 8%

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=106397685

---

June 2009

Obama: Stimulus will create 600,000 jobs by the summer.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/31165217/

---

Feb. 2009

White House budget director Peter Orszag: Stimulus will stop job loss and
start creating jobs in "weeks to months":

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0902/05/sitroom.01.html

Neolibertarian

Jul 4, 2010, 11:52:16 PM7/4/10
In article <KZaYn.628641$Hq1....@en-nntp-04.dc1.easynews.com>,
"vict0r" <l...@oocom.netb> wrote:

How typically republican. Dwelling on all the problems.

As Barry told us, this is all just cynical pandering:

"They figured if we just keep on saying no to everything and nothing
gets done, then somehow people will forget who got us into this mess in
the first place and we'll get more votes in November."

---Barack Obama (6/30/10)

The problem for Barry is that people probably /won't/ forget "who got us
into this mess in the first place."

Barry and the Democrats, after all, proudly voted for TARP.

--
Neolibertarian

"[The American People] know that we don't have deficits
because people are taxed too little; we have deficits
because big government spends too much."
---Ronald Reagan

Jane Galt

Jul 5, 2010, 12:56:39 AM7/5/10
Neolibertarian <cogn...@gmail.com> wrote :

> In article <KZaYn.628641$Hq1....@en-nntp-04.dc1.easynews.com>,
> "vict0r" <l...@oocom.netb> wrote:
>
>> February 9, 2009
>>
>> You'll see the effects [of the stimulus] begin almost immediately,"
>> Summers said on CNN. "Layoffs that otherwise would've happened in
>> cities and towns of cops and teachers wont happen. You'll see
>> withholding schedules adjusted so that people have more money in their
>> paychecks. You'll see orders go out for new roads, new bridges, new
>> computers for hospitals. You'll start to see better maintenance of
>> schools. So, things will happen very, very quickly."
>>
>> http://www.boston.com/news/politics/politicalintelligence/2009/02/summer

>> s_obam a_i.html

>> ---
>>
>> February 17, 2009
>>
>> Obama: "Now, what makes this [stimulus] plan so important is not just
>> that it will create or save 3.5 million jobs over the next two
>> years...[]... It's that we're putting Americans to work"
>>
>> http://www.whitehouse.gov/the_press_office/Remarks-by-the-President-and-

>> Vice-P resident-at-Signing-of-the-American-Recovery-an/

>> ---
>>
>> January 2009
>>
>> Obama: Stimulus will keep unemployment below 8%
>>
>> http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=106397685
>>
>> ---
>>
>> June 2009
>>
>> Obama: Stimulus will create 600,000 jobs by the summer.
>>
>> http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/31165217/
>>
>> ---
>>
>> Feb. 2009
>>
>> White House budget director Peter Orszag: Stimulus will stop job loss
>> and start creating jobs in "weeks to months":
>>
>> http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0902/05/sitroom.01.html
>
> How typically republican. Dwelling on all the problems.
>
> As Barry told us, this is all just cynical pandering:
>
> "They figured if we just keep on saying no to everything and nothing
> gets done, then somehow people will forget who got us into this mess in
> the first place and we'll get more votes in November."
>
> ---Barack Obama (6/30/10)
>
> The problem for Barry is that people probably /won't/ forget "who got us
> into this mess in the first place."
>
> Barry and the Democrats, after all, proudly voted for TARP.

Not to mention Barney Frank, and ACORN with their nearly violent
demonstrations in front of banks, to coerce them to give massive loans to
people who couldnt afford them!

--
- Jane Galt

Kevin Cunningham

Jul 5, 2010, 11:21:40 AM7/5/10
On Jul 5, 12:56 am, Jane Galt <Jan...@gulch.xyz> wrote:
> Neolibertarian <cognac...@gmail.com>  wrote :
>

> > In article <KZaYn.628641$Hq1.8...@en-nntp-04.dc1.easynews.com>,

Name an instance of violence sponsored by ACORN or Barney Frank.

Come on, coward, scum, put up or shut up.

Bet Galt turns trail and runs...............

Name an instance when a bank, coerced by the government, had to give
a loan to an unqualified borrower.

OK, this give the cowardly piss bag two shots. But being a gutless
whore........

Message has been deleted

sillapond

Jul 5, 2010, 1:06:44 PM7/5/10

http://www.rottenacorn.com/activityMap.html

Recent Fraud

State Year Details
AR 1998 A contractor with ACORN-affiliated Project Vote was arrested for
falsifying about 400 voter registration cards.
CO 2005 Two ex-ACORN employees were convicted in Denver of perjury for
submitting false voter registrations.
2004 An ACORN employee admitted to forging signatures and registering
three of her friends to vote 40 times.
CT 2008 The New York Post reported that ACORN submitted a voter
registration card for a 7-year-old Bridgeport girl. Another 8,000 cards
from the same city will be scrutinized for possible fraud.
FL 2009 In September, 11 ACORN workers were accused of forging voter
registration applications in Miami-Dade County during the last election.
The Florida Department of Law Enforcement and the state attorney’s
office scoured hundreds of suspicious applications provided by ACORN and
found 197 of 260 contained personal ID information that did not match
any living person.
2008 Election officials in Brevard County have given prosecutors more
than 23 suspect registrations from ACORN. The state's Division of
Elections is also investigating complaints in Orange and Broward Counties.
2004 A Florida Department of Law Enforcement spokesman said ACORN was
“singled out” among suspected voter registration groups for a 2004 wage
initiative because it was “the common thread” in the agency’s fraud
investigations.
IN 2008 Election officials in Indiana have thrown out more than 4,000
ACORN-submitted voter registrations after finding they had identical
handwriting and included the names of many deceased Indianans, and even
the name of a fast food restaurant.
MI 2008 Clerks in Detroit found a "sizeable number of duplicate and
fraudulent [voter] applications" from the Michigan branch of ACORN.
Those applications have been turned over to the U.S. Attorney's office
for investigation.
2004 The Detroit Free Press reported that “overzealous or unscrupulous
campaign workers in several Michigan counties are under investigation
for voter-registration fraud, suspected of attempting to register
nonexistent people or forging applications for already-registered
voters.” ACORN-affiliate Project Vote was one of two groups suspected of
turning in the documents.
MO 2008 Nearly 400 ACORN-submitted registrations in Kansas City have
been rejected due to duplication or fake information.
2007 Four ACORN employees were indicted in Kansas City for charges
including identity theft and filing false registrations during the 2006
election.
2006 Eight ACORN employees in St. Louis were indicted on federal
election fraud charges. Each of the eight faces up to five years in
prison for forging signatures and submitting false information.
2003 Of 5,379 voter registration cards ACORN submitted in St. Louis,
only 2,013 of those appeared to be valid. At least 1,000 are believed to
be attempts to register voters illegally.
MN 2004 During a traffic stop, police found more than 300 voter
registration cards in the trunk of a former ACORN employee, who had
violated a legal requirements that registration cards be submitted to
the Secretary of State within 10 days of being filled out and signed.
NC 2008 County elections officials have sent suspicious voter
registration applications to the state Board of Elections. Many of the
applications had similar or identical names, but with different
addresses or dates of birth.
2004 North Carolina officials investigated ACORN for submitting fake
voter registration cards.
NM 2008 Prosecutors are investigating more than 1,100 ACORN-submitted
voter registration cards after a county clerk found them to be
fraudulent. Many of the cards included duplicate names and slightly
altered personal information.
2005 Four ACORN employees submitted as many as 3,000 potentially
fraudulent signatures on the group’s Albuquerque ballot initiative. A
local sheriff added: “It’s safe to say the forgery was widespread.”
2004 An ACORN employee registered a 13-year-old boy to vote. Citing
this and other examples, New Mexico State Representative Joe Thompson
stated that ACORN was “manufacturing voters” throughout New Mexico.
NV 2009 Nevada authorities indicted ACORN on 26 counts of voter
registration fraud and 13 counts of illegally compensating canvassers.
ACORN provided a bonus compensation program called “Blackjack” or “21+”
for any canvasser who registered more than 20 voters per shift, which is
illegal under Nevada law.
2008 Nevada state authorities raided ACORN's Las Vegas headquarters
as part of a task force investigation of election fraud. Fraudulent
registrations included players from the Dallas Cowboys.
OH 2008 ACORN activists gave Ohio residents cash and cigarettes in
exchange for filling out voter registration card, according to the New
York Post. Some voters claim to have registered dozens of times, and one
man says he signed up on 72 cards.
2007 A man in Reynoldsburg was indicted on two felony counts of
illegal voting and false registration, after being registered by ACORN
to vote in two separate counties.
2004 A grand jury indicted a Columbus ACORN worker for submitting a
false signature and false voter registration form. In Franklin County,
two ACORN workers submitted what the director of the board of election
supervisors called “blatantly false” forms. In Cuyahoga County, ACORN
and its affiliate Project Vote submitted registration cards that had the
highest rate of errors for any voter registration group.
PA 2009 Seven ACORN workers in the Pittsburgh area were indicted for
submitting falsified voter registration forms. Six of the seven were
also indicted for registering voters under an illegal quota system.
2008 State election officials have thrown out 57,435 voter
registrations, the majority of which were submitted by ACORN. The
registrations were thrown out after officials found "clearly fraudulent"
signatures, vacant lots listed as addresses, and other signs of fraud.
2008 An ACORN employee in West Reading, PA, was sentenced to up to 23
months in prison for identity theft and tampering with records. A second
ACORN worker pleaded not guilty to the same charges and is free on
$10,000 bail.
2004 Reading’s Director of Elections received calls from numerous
individuals complaining that ACORN employees deliberately put inaccurate
information on their voter registration forms. The Berks County director
of elections said voter fraud was “absolutely out of hand,” and added:
“Not only do we have unintentional duplication of voter registration but
we have blatant duplicate voter registrations.” The Berks County deputy
director of elections added that ACORN was under investigation by the
Department of Justice.
TX 2008 In Harris County, nearly 10,000 ACORN-submitted registrations
were found to be invalid, including many with clearly fraudulent
addresses or other personal information.
2008 ACORN turned in the voter registration form of David Young, who
told reporters “The signature is not my signature. It’s not even close.”
His social security number and date of birth were also incorrect.
VA 2005 In 2005, the Virginia State Board of Elections admonished
Project Vote and ACORN for turning in a significant number of faulty
voter registrations. An audit revealed that 83% of sampled registrations
that were rejected for carrying false or questionable information were
submitted by Project Vote. Many of these registrations carried social
security numbers that exist for other people, listed non-existent or
commercial addresses, or were for convicted felons in violation of state
and federal election law.

In a letter to ACORN, the State Board of Elections reported that 56% of
the voter registration applications ACORN turned in were ineligible.
Further, a full 35% were not submitted in a timely manner, as required
by law. The State Board of Elections also commented on what appeared to
be evidence of intentional voter fraud. "Additionally,” they wrote,
“information appears to have been altered on some applications where
information given by the applicant in one color ink has been scratched
through and re-entered in another color ink. Any alteration of a voter
registration application is a Class 5 Felony in accordance with §
24.2-1009 of the Code of Virginia."
WA 2007 Three ACORN employees pleaded guilty, and four more were
charged, in the worst case of voter registration fraud in Washington
state history. More than 2,000 fraudulent voter registration cards were
submitted by the group during a voter registration drive.
WI 2008 At least 33,000 ACORN-submitted registrations in Milwaukee have
been called into question after it was found that the organizations had
been using felons as registration workers, in violation of state
election rules. Two people involved in the ongoing Wisconsin voter fraud
investigation have been charged with felonies.
2004 The district attorney’s office investigated seven voter
registration applications Project Vote employees filed in the names of
people who said the group never contacted them. Former Project Vote
employee Robert Marquise Blakely told the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
that he had not met with any of the people whose voter registration
applications he signed, “an apparent violation of state law,” according
to the paper.

> Come on, coward, scum, put up or shut up.

http://www.riehlworldview.com/carnivorous_conservative/2009/09/acorns-kaelke-has-domestic-violence-issues.html

ACORN's Kaelke Has Domestic Violence Issues
ACORN worker Tresa Kaelke, recently featured in a provocative video
published at Andrew Breitbart's Big Government blog and also shown on
Glenn Beck's Fox News show, appears to have a history of Domestic
Violence. During the taped interview Kaelke claimed she shot and killed
her husband. Wishful thinking, or Black Widow syndrome?

http://www.leftcoastrebel.com/2010/04/vets-handcuff-selves-to-white-house.html

4.20.2010
Barney Frank Incites Gay Activist Vets to Handcuff Selves to White House
Fence

http://newsrealblog.wordpress.com/2009/06/25/barney-frank-wants-to-throw-gasoline-on-the-fire/

If you had to pick one lawmaker to blame for the subprime mortgage
bubble and subsequent collapse, that person would have to be House
Financial Services Committee chairman Barney Frank (D-Massachusetts) who
is probably even more culpable for the state of the economy right now
than Senate Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs Committee chairman Chris
Dodd (D-Connecticut).

Frank has long and zealously promoted the disastrous Community
Reinvestment Act and been a loyal friend of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac,
whose management ranks have traditionally been dominated by Democratic
cronies. Even as the economy went south last year, Frank stood by the
CRA and the two government-sponsored enterprises. CRA mandated
irresponsible mortgage lending, and then Fannie and Freddie, under
intense pressure from Frank and other lawmakers, bought up those doomed
mortgages, bundled them together, and found suckers around the world to
purchase their Mortgage Backed Securities — which should really be
called Mortgage Junk Bonds.

Yet Frank, the shameless, inveterate liar, now has the audacity to
demand that Fannie and Freddie lower mortgage underwriting standards for
condominiums.

As Doug Bandow puts it:

[A]fter wasting billions in taxpayer dollars to inflate and thus wreck
the housing market, Rep. Barney Frank, the “go-to” guy when it comes to
fixing the financial system, wants to waste more taxpayer dollars to
inflate and thus wreck the housing market.

Frank, who is intelligent enough to understand how the economy works,
refuses to acknowledge that he played any role in the financial crisis
and his prescription for what ails America is more poison.

Meanwhile, as Frank promotes economic insanity, billionaire investment
guru Warren Buffett defies the pundits and the Obama administration by
saying there is no economic recovery underway.

> Bet Galt turns trail and runs...............
>
> Name an instance when a bank, coerced by the government, had to give
> a loan to an unqualified borrower.

http://www.housingwire.com/2010/01/04/former-employees-allege-reverse-redlining-at-wells-fargo

Wells Fargo (WFC: 24.88 -1.19%) allegedly engaged in reverse redlining,
the act of offering economically disadvantaged borrowers riskier
mortgages, in neighborhoods across Memphis and surrounding Shelby
County, according to the claims of former employees in a lawsuit
(download here), filed by the relevant municipal governments.

> OK, this give the cowardly piss bag two shots. But being a gutless
> whore........

http://iusbvision.wordpress.com/2008/09/30/obama-sued-citibank-under-cra-to-force-it-to-make-bad-loans/

Under the Clinton administration, federal regulators began using the act
to combat “red-lining,” a practice by which banks loaned money to some
communities but not to others, based on economic status. “No loan is
exempt, no bank is immune,” warned then-Attorney General Janet Reno.
“For those who thumb their nose at us, I promise vigorous enforcement.”

The Clinton-Reno threat of “vigorous enforcement” pushed banks to make
the now infamous loans that many blame for the current meltdown, Richman
said. “Banks, in order to not get in trouble with the regulators, had to
make loans to people who shouldn’t have been getting mortgage loans.”

This threat combined with the government backing of Fannie and Freddie
set the stage for the current uncertainty, because the “banks could just
sell the loans off to Fannie or Freddie,” who could buy them with little
regard for negative financial outcomes, Richman said.

http://www.cnsnews.com/public/content/article.aspx?RsrcID=36048

Jane Galt

Jul 5, 2010, 3:36:45 PM7/5/10
Kevin Cunningham <sms...@mindspring.com> wrote :

Here asswipe!:

http://www.sfexaminer.com/opinion/ACORNs-Muscle-for-Money-does-the-bidding-
of-SEIU--50091427.html

ACORN's muscling for money is nothing new
ACORN has used threats and intimidation to advance its agenda since its
founding in 1970 by Wade Rathke, who adapted the tactics he learned as a
member of the radical Students for a Democratic Society - a group former
New Leftist David Horowitz describes as "the first terrorist political
cult."

In 1969, Rathke started a Massachusetts chapter of the militant Welfare
Rights Organization founded by George Wiley. As Horowitz explains in his
book, "The Shadow Party," Wiley used the Cloward-Piven strategy (named for
left-wing Columbia University sociologists Richard Cloward and Frances Fox
Piven) to purposely overwhelm New York's welfare system and thereby
encourage either increased benefits or social upheaval.

Rathke was later arrested for incitement to riot in Springfield, Mass. when
the welfare recipients he led in a demonstration turned into a violent
rock- and bottle -throwing mob.

ACORN's so-called "muscle for money" strategy extorts "donations" from
targeted government and corporate officials by offering them Mafia-like
protection from protests by the group's own paid thugs, many of them
convicted felons. ACORN has also blocked bank mergers until the targeted
financial institutions agreed to change their lending policies to ACORN's
satisfaction.

Rev. Jesse Jackson's Operation PUSH successfully utilized a similar
approach by threatening boycotts and discrimination lawsuits to shake down
major Fortune 500 companies. ACORN activists took Jackson's successful
strategy a step further by physically blocking the entrances to banks that
refused to make sub-prime loans.

ACORN succeeded in ???? in blocking a House Banking subcommittee
investigating proposed changes to the Community Reinvestment Act -
legislation that would ultimately trigger the collapse of the housing
market in 2008.

Hundreds of ACORN members swarmed into the Washington Hilton in 1995,
grabbing the microphone and forcing then- House Speaker Newt Gingrich to
cancel his planned speech. Two years later, they pushed over a metal
detector and prevented Chicago aldermen from leaving a closed session of
the City Council.

And a bus full of profanity-chanting ACORN members targeted the private
home of then Baltimore Mayor Martin O'Malley, who complained that the
protesters badly frightened his wife and children, during their "living
wage" campaign.

In her book on ACORN entitled "Organizing Urban America," Rutgers political
scientist Heidi Swarts called the group "oppositional outlaws" and
"militants unafraid to confront the powers that be... a solitary vanguard
of principled leftists...the only truly radical community organization."

If "militants" and "outlaws" is how a sympathetic academic describes ACORN
members, there can be little doubt that the group scrupulously follows the
intimidation tactics outlined by Saul Alinsky in his 1971 book "Rules for
Radicals" to force business and political leaders to do its bidding.

In "The Shadow Party," Horowitz writes that sociologists at the University
of Chicago, where Alinsky got a master's degree in criminality, "defended
and romanticized gangsters as victims of social injustice. Alinsky went
further, pursuing actual alliances with mobsters...[even] "marrying the
daughter of a prominent Chicago bootlegger."

In a 2003 article, National Housing Institute board members and ACORN
apologists John Atlas and Peter Dreier said ACORN "is not shy about using
the in-your-face tactics" because "public officials who decry ACORN's
tactics wind up agreeing with its agenda - or at least negotiating with its
leaders to forge compromises."

In other words, intimidation gets results.

ACORN's radical goals to transform the U.S. into a Marxist utopia have not
changed in the four decades since Alinsky wrote: "The means-and-ends
moralists, constantly obsessed with the ethics of the means used by the
Have-Nots against the Haves, should search themselves as to their real
political position. In fact, they are passive -- but real -- allies of the
HavesÉ The most unethical of all means is the non-use of any means."

Translation: Anything goes for those hoping to topple the political and
economic system of a nation that has created more wealth and eliminated
more poverty than any other in the history of mankind. Which makes their
"muscle for money" intimidation tactics not only justified in ACORN's eyes,
but a necessary and even moral means to achieve their desired political
ends.

--Barbara Hollinsworth

Read more at the San Francisco Examiner:
http://www.sfexaminer.com/opinion/ACORNs-Muscle-for-Money-does-the-bidding-
of-SEIU--50091427.html#ixzz0sq2ixwlj

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Neolibertarian

Jul 5, 2010, 5:38:50 PM7/5/10
In article <Xns9DAC8A7A73E...@216.196.97.142>,
Jane Galt <Jan...@gulch.xyz> wrote:

What gets lost in the debate is the real problem, of course.

Sure Democrats want to pretend that ACORN isn't what it is--which they
can easily do, since it is/was/and is again so many different things,
groups, organizations operating under a single nominal acronym.

Few Americans actually understand the threat of the ghetto. It is a
polyp that continues to grow and poison the body of America--in all the
greatest cities in the land.

The poisons have already begun to reach into great middle America, and
the effects will only get larger and more dangerous as time progresses.

Beefing up the CRA, passing a long series of building-block regulations,
and even using activists like then attorney Barack Obama, Jesse Jackson,
et al to intimidate banks into complying with CRA--this was all near
genius.

Even more genius, because the ghetto is America's great unseen crisis.
The Middle Class won't even drive through the ghetto, rather it drives
way out of the way to avoid it. It remains misunderstood and unseen
because they PREFER it that way. It is so very easy to avoid.

If city councils could just erect walls around the ghetto, they would.

Well, there are those who are attempting to do something /positive/. And
CRA was a genius program until it blew up in everyones' faces.

And it may soon disappear. And ACORN may be set back 20 years. And
Freddie and Fannie will walk the gallows steps as soon as a Conservative
Congress can be elected into majority.

But this won't really address the hidden problem.

And, of course, it's always the hidden problems that kill you.

vict0r

Jul 5, 2010, 11:40:14 PM7/5/10
Nor...@tweet.net wrote:

> On Sun, 04 Jul 2010 23:56:39 -0500, Jane Galt <Jan...@gulch.xyz>
> wrote:
>
>>> The problem for Barry is that people probably /won't/ forget "who
>>> got us into this mess in the first place."
>>>
>>> Barry and the Democrats, after all, proudly voted for TARP.
>>>

>> Not to mention Barney Frank, and ACORN with their nearly violent
>> demonstrations in front of banks, to coerce them to give massive
>> loans to people who couldnt afford them!
>
> Barney Frank was not in power until 07 to do anything connected to
> policy, idiot.

New Agency Proposed to Oversee Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae

Published: September 11, 2003

WASHINGTON, Sept. 10- The Bush administration today recommended the most
significant regulatory overhaul in the housing finance industry since the
savings and loan crisis a decade ago.

Under the plan, disclosed at a Congressional hearing today, a new agency
would be created within the Treasury Department to assume supervision of
Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, the government-sponsored companies that are the
two largest players in the mortgage lending industry.

The new agency would have the authority, which now rests with Congress, to
set one of the two capital-reserve requirements for the companies. It would
exercise authority over any new lines of business. And it would determine
whether the two are adequately managing the risks of their ballooning
portfolios.

Among the groups denouncing the proposal today were the National Association
of Home Builders and Congressional Democrats who fear that tighter
regulation of the companies could sharply reduce their commitment to
financing low-income and affordable housing.

''These two entities -- Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac -- are not facing any
kind of financial crisis,'' said Representative Barney Frank of
Massachusetts, the ranking Democrat on the Financial Services Committee.
''The more people exaggerate these problems, the more pressure there is on
these companies, the less we will see in terms of affordable housing.

http://hubpages.com/hub/What-Role-did-the-US-Government-Play-in-the-Financial-Crisis-of-2008

---

Democrats in Congress, led by Barney Frank ultimately defeated the 2003
Republican reform effort.

> ACORN conducted NO demonstrations that caused ANY change in ANY
> policy---stupid.
>
> The people who "got loans" did so based on having to be QUALIFIED
> (job, income, etc)
>
> The demise of the Housing industry---you so conveniently blame on the
> poor---was the result of GOP deregulation, Lack of Oversight, Lack of
> enforcement, of Developers, Land speculators, Builders, Banking and
> lending institutions and wall street who were 90% of the problem
>
> IOW, stupid---the propaganda of it being loans to the poor is BOGUS.

Message has been deleted

Neolibertarian

Jul 6, 2010, 2:54:48 AM7/6/10
In article <k3e536d2sb0ettmpi...@4ax.com>,
Nor...@tweet.net wrote:

> On Mon, 05 Jul 2010 16:38:50 -0500, Neolibertarian
> <cogn...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >If city councils could just erect walls around the ghetto, they would.
>

> Only if City councils are strictly white dominated.

Middle class blacks avoid driving through the ghetto too.

Black cops don't like to be assigned there.

Black taxi drivers will refuse to go to the ghetto either for pickups or
deliveries.

The ghetto is a festering sore in which only those who're trapped in
there willingly exist there. And they are only willing because they're
trapped in the first place.

It's only a "racial" thingy because of what the populist-bureaucrats did
in 1964.

> >Well, there are those who are attempting to do something /positive/. And
> >CRA was a genius program until it blew up in everyones' faces.
>

> It has suffered because those who hated it---became republicans and
> have fought to destroy it.

CRA isn't the answer to anything, but it might have been.

Well, it's just what happens when the populist-bureaucrats get involved.

> >And it may soon disappear. And ACORN may be set back 20 years. And
> >Freddie and Fannie will walk the gallows steps as soon as a Conservative
> >Congress can be elected into majority.
>

> That's a remarkably ignorant statement
>
> You sound as though you've bought the stupid propaganda that Fannie
> and Freddie got into trouble making loans to modest or low(er) income
> households.
>
> Totally absurd
>
> The Policy was to allow "lower" credit scores on QUALIFIED
> buyers----not to lower Qualifications.

You're a silly goose, and you're just trying to pull my leg.

You're testing me, right?

> THe credit ratings were a
> conglomeration of crap that favored banks (at the time) in disallowing
> loans to qualified buyers---but unable to "score" the required Credit
> rating.

The ghetto still needs to be decisively addressed. Not cosmetically, but
fundamentally.

Demagogic arguments about "liberals" and "conservatives," and
"Democrats" and "Republicans" is worse than counterproductive.

"My populist-bureaucrats are smarter and better than yours!"

Yes, if you say so, dear.

Message has been deleted