Senate should put final vote on "HOLD" for 60 days

1 view

milquetoast.moderate.mambypamby

Feb 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/9/99
Suddenly it is becoming obvious the facts are *not* all known.

The leftwing spin machine is clearly drawing a bead on Ken Starr.
Blumenthal is alleged to have done exactly what he denied doing,
but only days before the trial is to complete.

James Carville is ranting (not that that by itself is unusual)
about "unfinished business".

It is time for Senate Republicans to recognize what is taking
shape - to stop and say "we don't have all the facts". Then delay the
vote for 60 days to follow up on some of the new information,
and suspend the trial until that time!

In the meantime all of Washington can go about "America's business".
If Republicans simply go ahead as scheduled, clinton will be
acquitted; starr fired, then attacked from all directions by
liberals frothing at the mouth for revenge and demagogery.
Dems will declare victory, the press will spin it that way,
and Republicans will be in the swamp, for real.

What's the big rush? If the truth is what's important, then take
the time to find it! After all, it was not that long ago the
Dems were condemning what they called a "RUSH TO JUDGEMENT"...

(Republicans need to remind them of that)

rose...@idt.net

Feb 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/9/99
"milquetoast.moderate.mambypamby" <nos...@nospam.non> wrote:

>Suddenly it is becoming obvious the facts are *not* all known.

Sheesh

You poor bastards just don't learn.

saying, "just wait, we got another allegation" hasn't worked for 6
years. Is there some intellectual rigidity enherent in republicans?

>The leftwing spin machine is clearly drawing a bead on Ken Starr.
>Blumenthal is alleged to have done exactly what he denied doing,
>but only days before the trial is to complete.

Which has NOTHING to do with the issue at hand. Either Blumenthal
"lied", or he did not. Either way it has NO effect on whether or not
Clinton wil, or will not, be impeached.

>Then delay the
>vote for 60 days to follow up on some of the new information,
>and suspend the trial until that time!

I'm beginning to suspect that republicans have been listening to
people like you for the past 4 years.

No wonder they're in such deep shit.

SemiScholar

Feb 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/9/99
On 9 Feb 1999 13:07:00 GMT, "milquetoast.moderate.mambypamby"
<nos...@nospam.non> sez:

>Suddenly it is becoming obvious the facts are *not* all known.

Aw, jeeze! Hyde and his ilk said that everything necessary to convict
and remove was included in the Starr referral - no other witnesses
need be called and no other information was needed. Now, when you're
about to lose, you want to say "no, no, there's more!"

Shhhhhyeaaah, right. You had your chance - more than you ever even
deserved. You lost. Come to terms with it.

>The leftwing spin machine is clearly drawing a bead on Ken Starr.

He desrves to be beaded. Sauce for the gander.

>Blumenthal is alleged to have done exactly what he denied doing,
>but only days before the trial is to complete.

Who cares? That has _nothing_ to do with the two articles of
impeachment anyway. It makes no difference. if you want to try
Blumenthal for something, fine, go ahead, but it has no bearing on the
impeachment trial.

>James Carville is ranting (not that that by itself is unusual)
>about "unfinished business".

Good. I hope he spends 6 years and $40Million to NAIL Ken Starr's
sorry little ass.

>It is time for Senate Republicans to recognize what is taking

>shape - to stop and say "we don't have all the facts". Then delay the

>vote for 60 days to follow up on some of the new information,
>and suspend the trial until that time!

Why don't you have all the facts? Are you all incompetent? How long
do you think trials should last? Jeeze, man, get a grip!

>In the meantime all of Washington can go about "America's business".
>If Republicans simply go ahead as scheduled, clinton will be
>acquitted; starr fired, then attacked from all directions by
>liberals frothing at the mouth for revenge and demagogery.
>Dems will declare victory, the press will spin it that way,
>and Republicans will be in the swamp, for real.

Gawd, we can only hope.

>What's the big rush? If the truth is what's important, then take
>the time to find it! After all, it was not that long ago the
>Dems were condemning what they called a "RUSH TO JUDGEMENT"...

Rush? You have _got_ to be kidding!

----------------
SemiScholar

"Verbosity leads to unclear, inarticulate things."
-Dan Quayle, concisely

Garrett Johnson

Feb 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/9/99
"milquetoast.moderate.mambypamby" wrote:

> Suddenly it is becoming obvious the facts are *not* all known.

> It is time for Senate Republicans to recognize what is taking
> shape - to stop and say "we don't have all the facts". Then delay the
> vote for 60 days to follow up on some of the new information,
> and suspend the trial until that time!

I agree. We should suspend it for AT LEAST 60 days, if not more.
I think we should drag this out for as long as possible. Eventually some
new information will come out, right?
.
.
.
.
.

eisn...@idt.net

Feb 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/9/99
In article <36C065A2...@hotmail.com>, Garrett Johnson
<midt...@hotmail.com> wrote:

For over $40 million I want more infotainment for my money, more XXXrated
Starr extravaganzas on prime time for my grandkids to enjoy! I think I
would vote republican if they promise to keep this thing running for the
next ten years!

--
To get random signatures put text files into a folder called ³Random Signatures² into your Preferences folder.

Jeff

Feb 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/9/99

rose...@idt.net wrote in message <36c05f54....@news.idt.net>...

>Sheesh
>
>You poor bastards just don't learn.
>
>saying, "just wait, we got another allegation" hasn't worked for 6
>years. Is there some intellectual rigidity enherent in republicans?

There is nothing intellectual about republicans

Jeff

Feb 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/9/99

idiot

Jeff

Feb 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/9/99
Naw...

The demos will forget about the whole thing, and get on with
the business of governing, and addressing issues of importance
to the American people.

-Jeff

Jeff

Feb 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/9/99

eisn...@idt.net wrote in message ...

>For over $40 million I want more infotainment for my money, more XXXrated
>Starr extravaganzas on prime time for my grandkids to enjoy! I think I
>would vote republican if they promise to keep this thing running for the
>next ten years!

Yeah, please keep it going for at least another 18 months to make
sure the republicans don't have to talk about issues in the 2000 campaign.

-Jeff

Mr. Horrible

Feb 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/9/99
milquetoast.moderate.mambypamby wrote:

> Suddenly it is becoming obvious the facts are *not* all known.

So why did the House Managers insist that the facts proved their case
instead of saying they needed more time? And why did people like you
whine for months about the White House delaying the case?

You guys are getting absolutely pitiful.

If new charges come up, just impeach him again. I'd love to see that.

> The leftwing spin machine is clearly drawing a bead on Ken Starr.

> Blumenthal is alleged to have done exactly what he denied doing,
> but only days before the trial is to complete.
>

> James Carville is ranting (not that that by itself is unusual)
> about "unfinished business".
>

> It is time for Senate Republicans to recognize what is taking
> shape - to stop and say "we don't have all the facts". Then delay the
> vote for 60 days to follow up on some of the new information,
> and suspend the trial until that time!
>

> In the meantime all of Washington can go about "America's business".
> If Republicans simply go ahead as scheduled, clinton will be
> acquitted; starr fired, then attacked from all directions by
> liberals frothing at the mouth for revenge and demagogery.
> Dems will declare victory, the press will spin it that way,
> and Republicans will be in the swamp, for real.
>

> What's the big rush? If the truth is what's important, then take
> the time to find it! After all, it was not that long ago the
> Dems were condemning what they called a "RUSH TO JUDGEMENT"...

Yes -- and now you're saying it. So have you joined the Democratic
Party?

Mr. H

Truthfinder

Feb 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/9/99
America cares about getting "BIG government out of their lives". This
is something Bill Clinton could care less about!

Jeff

Feb 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/9/99

Truthflounder wrote in message <36C086...@infoave.net>...

>America cares about getting "BIG government out of their lives". This
>is something Bill Clinton could care less about!

"BIG government" isn't in my life.
Little government (run by republicreeps) around here is!

-Jeff

Truthfinder

Feb 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/9/99

How blind the liberalcraps are!!!

Garrett Johnson

Feb 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/9/99
Truthfinder wrote:

> America cares about getting "BIG government out of their lives". This
> is something Bill Clinton could care less about!

As opposed to the GOP which wants BIG government in our
bedrooms.

Day 1

Feb 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/9/99

This statement shows the ignorance of the liberals......ITS NOT ABOUT
SEX AT ALL!!!

John Doh!

Feb 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/9/99
I agree, there seems to be much more evidence to witness tampering.

In article <79pbtk$5...@bgtnsc01.worldnet.att.net>,

--
Opinions are mine alone

rdo...@nospampipeline.com

Feb 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/9/99

I doubt Bob Livingstone would agree with that statement.

Ford

Feb 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/9/99
On Tue, 09 Feb 1999 16:24:42 -0500, Day 1 <er...@infoave.net> wrote:

>Garrett Johnson wrote:
>>
>> Truthfinder wrote:
>>
>> > America cares about getting "BIG government out of their lives". This
>> > is something Bill Clinton could care less about!
>>
>> As opposed to the GOP which wants BIG government in our
>> bedrooms.
>
>This statement shows the ignorance of the liberals......ITS NOT ABOUT
>SEX AT ALL!!!

Go on believing that for as long as care to, but ask yourself had
Clinton sold missiles to an enemy of the US and diverted the proceeds
to a rebel army in an attempt to overthrow a sovereign government and
lied to the public about it, would it have been front page news for
over a year with the end result being the impeachment of the
President? I seriously doubt it.

Keep one thing in mind, SEX SELLS, and don't ever forget it.

F. Prefect
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of
people very angry and been widely regarded as being a bad move.....

Douglas Adams

Day 1

Feb 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/9/99
The search was over before it started because we knew the liberals
wouldn't practice true justice!!!

Volt...@geocities.com wrote:

> On Tue, 09 Feb 1999 16:24:42 -0500, Day 1 <er...@infoave.net> wrote:
>
> >Garrett Johnson wrote:

> >> As opposed to the GOP which wants BIG government in our
> >> bedrooms.
>
> >This statement shows the ignorance of the liberals......ITS NOT ABOUT
> >SEX AT ALL!!!
>

> Right now it is about right wing extremists looking for scapegoats to
> blame for their loss in the Senate.
>
> Jim
>

> Ecrasons l'infame
>
> Join The War On Right Wing Ignorance:
> http://clusterone.home.mindspring.com/
>
> Vote For "The Mr. Sam Memorial Blithering Idiot Of The Month Award."
> http://prairie.lakes.com/~gdy52150/award.html

> "If you want to get together in any exclusive situation and have people love you,
> fine -- but to hang all this desperate sociology on the idea of The Cloud-Guy who
> has The Big Book, who knows if you've been bad or good -- and CARES about any of it
> -- to hang it all on that, folks, is the chimpanzee part of the brain working."
>
> -- Frank Zappa

Day 1

Feb 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/9/99
Volt...@geocities.com wrote:

> On Tue, 09 Feb 1999 14:04:20 -0500, Truthfinder <er...@infoave.net>

> wrote:
>
> >America cares about getting "BIG government out of their lives". This
> >is something Bill Clinton could care less about!

> Is that why a large majority of Americans approve of how he is doing
> his job?

No the reason why it appears they approve is because he has snow those
that have been polled! And those polled live in ignorance or fear that
Gore will be president!

> Do you loons ever back up your witless babbling with proof?

Don't have to because it is only witless babbling to those that are
ignorant of the truth!

Garrett Johnson

Feb 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/9/99
rdo...@nospampipeline.com wrote:

> In article <36C0A7...@infoave.net>, er...@infoave.net wrote:
> > Garrett Johnson wrote:

> > > As opposed to the GOP which wants BIG government in our
> > > bedrooms.
> >
> > This statement shows the ignorance of the liberals......ITS NOT ABOUT
> > SEX AT ALL!!!
>

> I doubt Bob Livingstone would agree with that statement.

The core issues aren't about sex. But that isn't the perception, and in
Washington perception IS reality. Actually the core issue is politics, but
that's another story.
The GOP lost the chance to paint this impeachment as not about
sex with the Starr report. The report was just too racy not to be noticed.
The GOP then messed up by releasing it to the public, thinking that it
would damage Clinton and not them. Instead it fixed sex in the public's
mind.
Bob Livingston resigning because of a sex scandel just reinforced
that perception. The constant conservative outrage about Clinton
having sex in the Oval office keeps the whole perception alive.
And by now it is just too late to paint the impeachment issues
in any other way.
In other words, the GOP blew it and they have no one to
blame but themselves.

Day 1

Feb 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/9/99

The liberals are the ones that have made it political.....and they are
the reason justice isnt being done!!!

Chris Bastian

Feb 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/9/99
In article <36f1f4a2...@news.mindspring.com>, Volt...@geocities.com
wrote:

>>> It is time for Senate Republicans to recognize what is taking
>>> shape - to stop and say "we don't have all the facts".

Those would be the facts that the House Judiciary Committee never felt the
need to identify before holding the impeachment vote?

BILL

Feb 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/10/99
If there was creditable evidence of new "important and critical evidence"
that needs to be considered you suggestions might have some validity but
there is NON. It is time to way the existing evidence and vote. Just
delaying this for another 30 or 60 days would be unbelievably foolish and
counter productive.

--
wm...@worldnet.att.net
For discussion of Education, Political & Tax Reform

milquetoast.moderate.mambypamby wrote in message
<79pbtk$5...@bgtnsc01.worldnet.att.net>...

>Suddenly it is becoming obvious the facts are *not* all known.
>
>The leftwing spin machine is clearly drawing a bead on Ken Starr.
>Blumenthal is alleged to have done exactly what he denied doing,
>but only days before the trial is to complete.
>
>James Carville is ranting (not that that by itself is unusual)
>about "unfinished business".
>

>It is time for Senate Republicans to recognize what is taking

SemiScholar

Feb 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/10/99
On Tue, 09 Feb 1999 17:30:04 GMT, love.th...@bbq.com (Jeremiah
Johnson) sez:

>On Tue, 09 Feb 1999 16:38:28 GMT, SemiS...@IDontWantNoSpam.com
>(SemiScholar) wrote:
>

>>Good. I hope he spends 6 years and $40Million to NAIL Ken Starr's
>>sorry little ass.
>

>I've been thinking how interesting things will get if the Democrats do
>keep the Presidency and win total control of Congress in 2000. The
>Republicans will no longer be there to protect Ken Starr.
>
>Think there might then be a Democrat-controlled investigation of THIS
>investigation, with Ken Starr's private life and maybe those of some
>Republican leaders being publicly dragged through the mud?

Sounds like it's starting already.

Zepp

Feb 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/10/99
(SemiScholar) wrote:

>On 9 Feb 1999 13:07:00 GMT, "milquetoast.moderate.mambypamby"

><nos...@nospam.non> sez:
>
>>Suddenly it is becoming obvious the facts are *not* all known.
>

>Aw, jeeze! Hyde and his ilk said that everything necessary to convict
>and remove was included in the Starr referral - no other witnesses
>need be called and no other information was needed. Now, when you're
>about to lose, you want to say "no, no, there's more!"
>
>Shhhhhyeaaah, right. You had your chance - more than you ever even
>deserved. You lost. Come to terms with it.

The Pubs are amazing to watch. Today's "Stop the Presses" frantic
handwave is that there are secret tapes in the White House. (Gee, I
wonder where that idea came from). These tapes, you understand, have
Clinton coaching Monica to lie and chortling over all the people in
Arkansas he killed, or something like that.

The source of this story? A rumor that was swirling around CPAC at
their convention a few weeks ago. Anything else? Nope.

But McCollum and Hyde are howling that this changes EVERYTHING, and
the process must stop while Reno checks it out!

>>The leftwing spin machine is clearly drawing a bead on Ken Starr.
>

>He desrves to be beaded. Sauce for the gander.

We might bead him, but the far right plans to saw off his penis and
sew it to his lips. I'm already seeing posts about how "Ken Starr
sold us out" and "bungled an obvious case".

In short, Starr is FUCKED. Couldn't happen to a nicer guy.

>>Blumenthal is alleged to have done exactly what he denied doing,
>>but only days before the trial is to complete.
>

>Who cares? That has _nothing_ to do with the two articles of
>impeachment anyway. It makes no difference. if you want to try
>Blumenthal for something, fine, go ahead, but it has no bearing on the
>impeachment trial.
>

>>James Carville is ranting (not that that by itself is unusual)
>>about "unfinished business".
>

>Good. I hope he spends 6 years and $40Million to NAIL Ken Starr's
>sorry little ass.
>

>>It is time for Senate Republicans to recognize what is taking
>>shape - to stop and say "we don't have all the facts". Then delay the
>>vote for 60 days to follow up on some of the new information,
>>and suspend the trial until that time!
>

>Why don't you have all the facts? Are you all incompetent? How long
>do you think trials should last? Jeeze, man, get a grip!
>

>>In the meantime all of Washington can go about "America's business".
>>If Republicans simply go ahead as scheduled, clinton will be
>>acquitted; starr fired, then attacked from all directions by
>>liberals frothing at the mouth for revenge and demagogery.
>>Dems will declare victory, the press will spin it that way,
>>and Republicans will be in the swamp, for real.
>

>Gawd, we can only hope.
>

>>What's the big rush? If the truth is what's important, then take
>>the time to find it! After all, it was not that long ago the
>>Dems were condemning what they called a "RUSH TO JUDGEMENT"...
>

>Rush? You have _got_ to be kidding!
>

>----------------
>SemiScholar
>
>"Verbosity leads to unclear, inarticulate things."
>-Dan Quayle, concisely

"Clinton buddy] Larry Flynt will be the guest of Hillary Rodham Clinton in
the gallery. They will be up there applauding. Anchors, news readers,
analysts, the criminal defense bar, Carlos Minnom (sp?), and Elizabeth Birch,
and virtually everybody in the D.C. Establishment will praise the speech to
the hilt."

Knickers, quoting Rush, and showing the editorial acumen
and good sense that made Knickers, Rush, and the sleazy
supermarket tabloids synonymous with one another.

Vote for your favorite blithering idiot!
http://prairie.lakes.com/~gdy52150/award.html

Pay your taxes so the rich won't have to.

Kenneth Almquist

Feb 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/10/99
"Chris Bastian" <cbas...@mindspring.com> wrote:

> Those would be the facts that the House Judiciary Committee never felt the
> need to identify before holding the impeachment vote?

As I've said before, the Republican philosophy of impeachment is:
impeach first, gather evidence later.
Kenneth Almquist

M.Simon

Feb 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/10/99

I hope all the Republicans vote to convict. Otherwise your theory
might have a few holes.

Simon

>The liberals are the ones that have made it political.....and they are
>the reason justice isnt being done!!!

Opinions expressed herein are strictly my own and may or may not represent my views at this particular time or any other

Anthony Stephen Szopa

Feb 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/10/99
Chris Bastian wrote:

> Those would be the facts that the House Judiciary Committee never felt the
> need to identify before holding the impeachment vote?

Treason delayed is treason denied. Let the Democrats get on with it.

Garrett Johnson

Feb 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/10/99
Day 1 wrote:

> Garrett Johnson wrote:
> [...]

> > The core issues aren't about sex. But that isn't the perception, and in
> > Washington perception IS reality. Actually the core issue is politics, but
> > that's another story.
> > The GOP lost the chance to paint this impeachment as not about
> > sex with the Starr report. The report was just too racy not to be noticed.
> > The GOP then messed up by releasing it to the public, thinking that it
> > would damage Clinton and not them. Instead it fixed sex in the public's
> > mind.
> > Bob Livingston resigning because of a sex scandel just reinforced
> > that perception. The constant conservative outrage about Clinton
> > having sex in the Oval office keeps the whole perception alive.
> > And by now it is just too late to paint the impeachment issues
> > in any other way.
> > In other words, the GOP blew it and they have no one to
> > blame but themselves.
>

> The liberals are the ones that have made it political.....and they are
> the reason justice isnt being done!!!

This response reminds me of Animal Farm.
"Four legs good, two legs baaaad."

Completely ignore any facts presented you. Completely ignore
any responses that might stimulate thought. Just keep repeating
the same mass manufactured rhetoric that has been handed down
to you.

.
.
.
.
.

.
.

.

Michael Ejercito

Feb 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/10/99
wrote:

> On Tue, 09 Feb 1999 15:39:57 -0600, BA...@home.cc (John Doh!) wrote:
>
> >I agree, there seems to be much more evidence to witness tampering.
>

> The Justice Department can investigate Ken Starr after this witch hunt
> is over.
>
> Jim

And they will come up with nothing.

Michael

Vote for me at http://prairie.lakes.com/~gdy52150/award.html

Gwen Nelson

Feb 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/10/99
Day 1 (er...@infoave.net) wrote:
: Volt...@geocities.com wrote:
: >
: > On Tue, 09 Feb 1999 14:04:20 -0500, Truthfinder <er...@infoave.net>

: > wrote:
: >
: > >America cares about getting "BIG government out of their lives". This
: > >is something Bill Clinton could care less about!

: > Is that why a large majority of Americans approve of how he is doing
: > his job?

: No the reason why it appears they approve is because he has snow those
: that have been polled! And those polled live in ignorance or fear that
: Gore will be president!

How does this work? Do white house pollsters call various citizens and
threaten them with Gore as President unless the pollee responds to
questions about President Clinton in a positive manner?

:
:
: > Do you loons ever back up your witless babbling with proof?

: Don't have to because it is only witless babbling to those that are
: ignorant of the truth!

Sounds like witless babbling to me....

M.Simon

Feb 11, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/11/99
Fortunately the Republicans aren't either.

Simon

wrote:

>America cares about getting "BIG government out of their lives". This
>is something Bill Clinton could care less about!

Opinions expressed herein are strictly my own and may or may not represent my views at this particular time or any other

Michael Ejercito

Feb 11, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/11/99
In article <36e01e03...@news.mindspring.com>, volt...@geocities.com wrote:

> On Tue, 09 Feb 1999 21:06:10 -0500, Day 1 <er...@infoave.net> wrote:
>
> >Garrett Johnson wrote:

> >> In other words, the GOP blew it and they have no one to
> >> blame but themselves.
>
> >The liberals are the ones that have made it political.....and they are
> >the reason justice isnt being done!!!
>

> Liberals impeached Bill Clinton?
>
> Please explain!
>
> Jim
Well,I read a newspaper article claiming Loius Farrahkhan is behind the
whole thing.

Michael

CSU College Republicans

Geo

Feb 12, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/12/99
Volt...@geocities.com wrote:

> On Thu, 11 Feb 1999 15:18:12 -0800, meje...@csulb.edu (Michael
> Ejercito) wrote:

> >> Liberals impeached Bill Clinton?
> >>
> >> Please explain!
>
> > Well,I read a newspaper article claiming Loius Farrahkhan is behind the
> >whole thing.
>
> The Louis Farrakhan who was praised by GOP VP candidate Jack Kemp
> during the 96 presidential campaign?

That's the one. So why don't you tell us what the praise was for?
Probably because you don't have the guts to. In spite of Farrakhans
lunacy, Kemp praised the aspects Farrakhan's philosophy of individualism
and family responsibility that he talked about in his speech at the
million man march.

> Jim
>

> Ecrasons l'infame
>
> Join The War On Right Wing Ignorance:
> http://clusterone.home.mindspring.com/
>
> Vote For "The Mr. Sam Memorial Blithering Idiot Of The Month Award."
> http://prairie.lakes.com/~gdy52150/award.html

> "This great big honking bullet-headed shovel-faced mutha who talks in a steroid
> growl and doesn't stop."
>
> --Garrison Keiller on Governor Jesse Ventura

Gone Fishing

Feb 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/23/99
Volt...@geocities.com wrote:

> On Tue, 09 Feb 1999 21:06:10 -0500, Day 1 <er...@infoave.net> wrote:
>
> >Garrett Johnson wrote:

> >> The core issues aren't about sex. But that isn't the perception, and in
> >> Washington perception IS reality. Actually the core issue is politics, but
> >> that's another story.
> >> The GOP lost the chance to paint this impeachment as not about
> >> sex with the Starr report. The report was just too racy not to be noticed.
> >> The GOP then messed up by releasing it to the public, thinking that it
> >> would damage Clinton and not them. Instead it fixed sex in the public's
> >> mind.
> >> Bob Livingston resigning because of a sex scandel just reinforced
> >> that perception. The constant conservative outrage about Clinton
> >> having sex in the Oval office keeps the whole perception alive.
> >> And by now it is just too late to paint the impeachment issues
> >> in any other way.
> >> In other words, the GOP blew it and they have no one to
> >> blame but themselves.
>
> >The liberals are the ones that have made it political.....and they are
> >the reason justice isnt being done!!!
>
> Liberals impeached Bill Clinton?
>
> Please explain!

Doesnt look like anything was said about liberals impeaching
Clinton.....it is that the liberals were the ones yelling partisan
politics when in fact it wasnt at all......

Gone Fishing

Feb 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/23/99
Volt...@geocities.com wrote:
> You said that liberals are the ones that made it political.
>
> Impeachment is a political act.
>
> Care to explain how the Democrats were behind Bill Clinton being
> impeached?
>
> Jim
The trial is what was being address.....