HUGE QUESTION:.....

Trace

Jul 25, 2006, 4:24:49 PM7/25/06

I have a huge huge question for you:

Keep in mind that I am an Ultra Conservative.

We are currently spending 8,000,000,000 US Dollars in Iraq each and
every MONTH.

We give billions to Eqypt each year.

We are giving millions and millions and you know it will amount to
billions to Israel and Lebanon in this current war.

Were you surprised to see that our government tried to charge stranded
Americans who needed to be rescued from the war zone a few days ago?

It seems to me that we are willing to give away our entire economy to
countries, but when it comes to helping our fellow citizens in a moment
of need that they had nothing to do with, we want to make sure we
recover any lost expenses.

Will the Bush admin go after any of the countries we fund year after
year for mis use of the money we give them since the Bush admin is
going after those goofy welfare cheats from New Orleans for misusing
the money they gave them?

What about America?

What about Americans?

Bert Hyman

Jul 25, 2006, 4:28:50 PM7/25/06
trace...@yahoo.com (Trace) wrote in

> Were you surprised to see that our government tried to charge
> stranded Americans who needed to be rescued from the war zone a few
> days ago?

No.

That's been the law for 50 years.

--
Bert Hyman | St. Paul, MN | be...@iphouse.com

Spark...@gmail.com

Jul 25, 2006, 4:32:46 PM7/25/06
Trace wrote:
> I have a huge huge question for you:
>
> Keep in mind that I am an Ultra Conservative.
>
> We are currently spending 8,000,000,000 US Dollars in Iraq each and
> every MONTH.
>
> We give billions to Eqypt each year.
>
> We are giving millions and millions and you know it will amount to
> billions to Israel and Lebanon in this current war.

If we had instead spent all of this money on researching alternative
energy sources...

OH NO! That would be terrible for Halliburton's bottom line.

LibsDontGetIt

Jul 25, 2006, 4:43:45 PM7/25/06
You asshole. Have you subtracted the regular cost of the US military if
they weren't there? If you did you wouldn't be so stupid.

--
The battle between Saladin and Richard marked the high point of the
Crusades, the first major clash between Islam and Western Christendom, which

"Trace" <trace...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> [...]

Jul 25, 2006, 4:54:39 PM7/25/06
Bert Hyman <be...@iphouse.com> wrote in news:Xns980B9D9B7DC4AVeebleFetzer@
127.0.0.1:

> trace...@yahoo.com (Trace) wrote in
>
>> Were you surprised to see that our government tried to charge
>> stranded Americans who needed to be rescued from the war zone a few
>> days ago?
>
> No.
>
> That's been the law for 50 years.

The basic law was written in 1956 -- and amended in 2003 to include:

Foreign Relations Authorization Act of 2003 which amends the State
Department Basic Authoriites Act of 1956:

SEC. 201. EMERGENCY EVACUATION SERVICES.

Section 4(b)(2)(A) of the State Department Basic Authorities
Act of 1956 (22 U.S.C. 2671(b)(2)(A)) is amended to read as follows:
‘‘(A) the evacuation when their lives are endangered by
war, civil unrest, or natural disaster of—
‘‘(i) United States Government employees and their
dependents; and
‘‘(ii) private United States citizens or third-country
nationals, on a reimbursable basis to the maximum extent
practicable, with such reimbursements to be credited to
the applicable Department of State appropriation and to
remain available until expended, except that no reimbursement
under this clause shall be paid that is greater than
the amount the person evacuated would have been charged
for a reasonable commercial air fare immediately prior
to the events giving rise to the evacuation;’’.

Joseph Welch

Jul 25, 2006, 4:55:14 PM7/25/06

"LibsDontGetIt" <TheyRstil...@aol.com> wrote in message

> You asshole. Have you subtracted the regular cost of the US military if
> they weren't there?

Have you?

>If you did you wouldn't be so stupid.

Well then show us how smart you are, Professor.

What are the numbers?

--
George W. Bush has made the terrorists stronger, their influence wider,
their numbers larger, and their motivation to attack the U.S. and other

***************
JW
***************
"You've done enough. Have you no sense of decency, sir, at long last? Have
you left no sense of decency?"
http://www.americanrhetoric.com/speeches/welch-mccarthy.html

lubow

Jul 25, 2006, 6:04:26 PM7/25/06
Trace, how does it feel to be the last of a dying breed of
honest-to-goodness tight fisted conservatives?

As crazy as it sounds, the Reagan anointed "tax and spend" Democrats seem
light years superior in policy and common sense to the "borrow, mortgage and
spend and spend some more" GOP.

I write this as Larry Kudlow is preaching even lower taxes. My question to
Kudlow would be "why even bother to collect taxes?" since the size of US
indebtedness and the means to repay this debt is of no interest to the party
in power.

--
Lubow

Bernard Spilman

Jul 25, 2006, 4:40:51 PM7/25/06

"Trace" <trace...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> I have a huge huge question for you:
>
> Keep in mind that I am an Ultra Conservative.

You're nothing more than an ultra idiot.
WS