Raleigh Book Signing

~Brian~

Nov 28, 2000, 11:57:40 PM11/28/00
So Jordan comes out just before 7pm.

He walks to the edge of the platform where the table he is to be signing
books is upon and starts talking. "It's Egwene" as he starts to run off a
few names I am guessing people have hounded him about before. The one that
got me was Aiel. Yeah the back of the books has the phonetic spelling but I
always said 'Ale'.

Anyways, he signed two books for each person and then said if we were going
to have anymore signed, we would have to go back to the end of the line.
Not too bad since he got through the line in an hour or so.

He was asked so many things that I thought I would just throw them all out
before I forget.

-"If anyone tries to write in this world, I'll have to take him out at his
kneecaps"

-"I actually have it written in my will that anyone who does should in fact
be taken out at his kneecaps"

-"L. Ron Hubbard (don't ask) couldn't have written those last few books. He
may have had Alzheimer's but he would have to have that and to be drunk for
them to be that bad"

-he talked about where the book was at this week and said that this was the
first time he went #1 on the USA Today book selling list.

-talked about Harry Potter... Said that he has the first three books and
that they are "very good but could see how the children love them"

-talked about the Citadel and the workouts. Said that now for the long runs
the cadets are allowed to wear sneakers but when he was there, they had to
run in their combat boots. Said that it is because of the new women
recruits- that they get shin splints running in the boots. actually said "As
big as I am, I once had to run a 15k in my combat boots"

He went on about other things but all in all, he was a nice guy who was down
to earth. Actually made a joke about Anne Rice too. The owner of the book
store thanked him and then thanked those that had come to the signing.
Jordan said: "Well I usually don't get the type that want the books signed
in their own blood. Or even come to the signing in a coffin... wait, that
was Anne Rice herself"

His wife was seen wandering around the store but never came to the table.

*done rambling*

~B

--

Maybe for once, someone will call me 'sir' without adding 'You're making a
scene'

~Brian~

Nov 29, 2000, 11:32:35 PM11/29/00
Tonight's book signing was more fun.

It's exam time so I am taking breaks any way I can folks.

There wasn't as many people here in Charlotte which surprised me. I ended
up buying another copy of Winter's Heart since he will only sign those
bought at the store he is at, at the time. (selling my other copy at
half.com)

I met up with a few people after we had out books signed and as we were
talking we noticed that most of the people had already left. One of the
guys still in the store came outside to tell us that he would now
personalize the books since we had already waited before I guess.

I don't even know what he wrote in the book yet but I was surprised that he
did as I heard that he hardly ever personalizes the books. Guess it takes
too long.

Tonight was fun because his family was there as well as his wife. I am
guessing he has a lot of family here because I heard RJ say a few times that
"he's my cousin/she's my cousin". One guy, about 20 or so came in and
somebody asked "is that Mat?" and the guy standing and talking to RJ's wife
turned to us and said, "well, yeah probably." The guy was the kid's father
and probably RJ's nephew.

The guy did seem to be a likeness to Mat but had the whole N'Sync earring
thing going.

Some more random RJ stuff for those that are actually reading these posts...

-Pulled up in a black stretch limo with police escort (one car)

-Opened up with the same exact intro as Raleigh

-As I had him sign the 'Faces of Fantasy' book he was talking about the
picture. He said that the photographer came in and saw his chair and that
he was actually on his way to a "black tie affair and she had to have me in
my tux". Then he said "ya know, I wasn't trying to be all suave you know"

-Many people asked him about the 'pink ribbons' and he laughed. Said that
throughout all of the book signings, only the guys asked him about that.
Said that some women have written him but none asked him at the public
signings. He said he guessed women didn't need to know, that they already
knew.

-Talked about some of his medals and how he got them.

-Again talked about people writing in his world and this time made another
reference to "breaking something"

-Talked about some of his reference material he has made such as a listing
of all of the Aes Sedai. Said that alone takes up an entire floppy disk.

-And the funniest thing of the night was when a friend of mine asked him
about the *sniffs* RJ said that "a women can put more in a single sniff
than a guy can in a 'Yo Mutha'!"

That was funny. RJ actually said 'Yo Mutha!'

RJ cool

~B

Marek Mercury

Dec 1, 2000, 3:00:00 AM12/1/00
~Brian~ wrote
> Stuff about talking to RJ

Dang. You talk about seeing Robert Jordan and talking to him like
its an everyday event.
You can't imagine just how distant he is for some people.

MM
--
Every action generates a force of energy that returns to us in
like kind...

He Who Is Shannon

Dec 1, 2000, 3:00:00 AM12/1/00
RJ's wife comes to the group for solace.

Shannon

On Fri, 1 Dec 2000 21:44:57 +1100, "Marek Mercury"
<mer...@fireball.co.uk> wrote:

>~Brian~ wrote
>> Stuff about talking to RJ
>
>Dang. You talk about seeing Robert Jordan and talking to him like
>its an everyday event.
>You can't imagine just how distant he is for some people.
>
>MM

------------------------
Yea, and God said to Abraham, "You will kill your son Isaac." And Abraham said, "I can't hear you, you'll have to speak into the microphone." And God said, "Oh, I'm sorry, is this better? Check, check, check. Jerry, pull the high end out, I'm still getting some hiss back here."--Stewie from Family Guy

Dr Nick Riviera

Dec 1, 2000, 3:00:00 AM12/1/00
In article <ojef2tcjantsreuaj...@4ax.com>,

He Who Is Shannon <revsh...@earthlink.net> wrote:
> RJ's wife comes to the group for solace.

Sanction and Istar too.

Dr Nick

--
10-187

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

cyberwollf

Dec 1, 2000, 3:00:00 AM12/1/00

"Marek Mercury" <mer...@fireball.co.uk> wrote in message

> ~Brian~ wrote
> > Stuff about talking to RJ
>
> Dang. You talk about seeing Robert Jordan and talking to him like
> its an everyday event.
> You can't imagine just how distant he is for some people.

ya i look forward to the day he decides to take a sleigh ride up to North
Dakota.

~Brian~

Dec 1, 2000, 3:00:00 AM12/1/00
From: "Marek Mercury" <mer...@fireball.co.uk>>

> Stuff about talking to RJ

>Dang. You talk about seeing Robert Jordan and talking to him like
>its an everyday event.

There were only about six of us there after the main body of people left so
it was like a normal conversation.

>You can't imagine just how distant he is for some people.

Well I figured he had three NC signings because of his family and that he
only lives about 2 or 3 hours from me, so I took the time to go to two of
them. I talk about him like this because he really is down to earth and
with the lack of people at the one here in Charlotte, he talked and talked
as he signed the three boxes of WH for the book store. (If anyone wants one,
let me know- I could arrange something)

One more thing... he did say something about going to Australia for a book
signing tour in the future.

~B

Satsujinki - Kabuki Man Extraordinaire

Dec 3, 2000, 8:52:23 AM12/3/00
You called?

--
"Bushido is Being Dead"

Battle mail Kung Fu grandmaster of the Voodoo Pimp daddy style

"It's the man's obligation
to stick his boneration
in the woman's separation
to increase the population