The Tower

BS

Jan 3, 2012, 2:25:15 PM1/3/12
So a friend I've been turning on to RAW asked this insightful question:

"Do you think RAW modeled Sigismundo's escape from the tower after Leary's bust-out (from prison)?"

Thoughts?

BS
Sausalito, CA

RMJon23

Jan 3, 2012, 5:18:30 PM1/3/12
As (probably) the only friend RAW had who had broken out prison, with the help of a network of shadowy, underground people, it was difficult for me NOT to think of Leary's escape as the primary model for Siggy's. Tim's dramatic description in Flashbacks - can he be quiet enough? will his muscles stand the strain or will they give out? - was <ahem!> gripping.

Also, RAW's extensive film watching probably contributed: jailbreaks in movies are always filled with prolonged dramatic tension.

Anyone else's thoughts?

Psmith

Jan 5, 2012, 4:57:37 PM1/5/12
I suspect Leary's attitude towards imprisonment also affected how Bob
portrayed Sigismundo's reponse to imprisonment. Also, after Tim's
imprisonment Eldridge Cleaver held him captive. After Sigismundo's
imprisonment in the Bastille, he got held captive by another group.

RMJon23

Jan 5, 2012, 8:30:46 PM1/5/12
Then, after Tim and Rosemary escaped from Cleaver, he was held in a different way by Houchard, then actually locked up in Switzerland for a short spell, etc. Then Martino (probably) narced in Kabul, busted, back to the US and the American gulag.