proto-Maybe Logic thinkers

RMJon23

Apr 12, 2011, 7:41:25 AM4/12/11
In the Axial Age, Master Kung fu-Tse, or whatever you're 'sposed to call him; I'm confuciused:

Said in Japanese like this:

"YOTE-soo no yoy KOH-toh-BAH: MOSH-kah-shee-TEH, tah-BUN, KAH-moh-SHEE-ren-ai, ah-TOE-day," or something like, "Four words Great Confucious like very much: perhaps, maybe, possibly, and later."

A pop psychologist on Oprah might say Master Kung "scared of commitment." (?)

We know what Ez and RAW took from Kung. I recently read this passage from Nietzsche's _The Antichrist_: [pagans say Yes to life and "God" is the great "YES" in all things, but] "The 'law,' the 'will of God,' the 'holy book,' 'inspiration' - all mere words for the conditions _under_ which the priest attains power, _with_ which the priest preserves his power; these concepts are found at the basis of all priestly organizations, of all forms of priestly or philosophic-priestly rule. The 'holy lie' - common to Confucius, the law of Manu, Mohammed, the Christian church - is not absent in Plato. 'Truth is there' : this means, wherever it is announced, _the priest lies."

If we buy this semantic use of "priestly" then "maybe" as it's cashed out seems suspect? It sounds great: how was it cashed out?

Thass wut I wanna no...

Bobby Campbell

May 24, 2011, 1:21:33 AM5/24/11
I turned this into a cartoon: http://www.bobbycampbell.net/11/CONFUCIUS.jpg

Thanks for the inspiration, I totally dig your writing!

bc

RMJon23

May 25, 2011, 7:50:08 PM5/25/11

I really appreciate that, Bobby. Danke!

I'm spending more time spewing my thought-streams over at a blog called:
http://overweeninggeneralist.blogspot.com/

I'll be writing much more about RAW and ideas related to him there, but right now I'm just enjoying writing about all sorts of aspects of intellectual life.

Sue Howard

May 29, 2011, 4:33:01 AM5/29/11
On May 26, 12:50 am, RMJon23 wrote:

> I'm spending more time spewing my thought-streams over at a blog called:http://overweeninggeneralist.blogspot.com/

Brilliant. Great title, too.

RMJon23

May 29, 2011, 4:32:50 PM5/29/11
I'm honored to have the likes of Sue Howard read my blog for even a few seconds. Thanks, Sue!