[Ranma 1/2] Ranma's Best Babe

Tony Chin

Mar 22, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/22/96

I'm just writing on who I think is the best girl out of Ranma's choices (I
personally think Kasumi the best looking in the series, but the only time
she could have been Ranma's choice was the first episode).

Ranking

4. Kodachi - Positives: She's rich. Semi-good looking.
Negatives: She is insane, Tatewaki's sister, she spikes
everything with sleeping potion, and lies.

3. Shampoo - Positives: She's cute and she can cook.
Negatives: Her voice. She's too pushy. She won't go away
when asked. Wanted to kill anyone in her way.

2. Akane - Positives: She's cute. Always willing to help and she cares.
Negatives: Too jealous. Can't cook. Gets upset easy.

1. Ukkyo - Positive: She's cute (looks like a mini kasumi). She can cook.
She owns her own business (Ranma can stay at home practicing
his martial arts all day and let her earn the money, what more
can a guy want!). She's faithful.
Negatives: Won't give up on Ranma when he doesn't like her
that way (what a fool he is).

Clearly, in Ranma's mind, the #1 is Akane. I'm just looking at it at a
practical stand point (okay, slightly biased. But there people who would
put Shampoo first, go figure).

T.C.

Kenji

Mar 23, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/23/96
Tony Chin <kch...@gl.umbc.edu> wrote:

>Ranking

100. Cologne - Positives: She can cook, knows a lot of martial arts, can
balance on a stick, petite.
Negativess: Looks like Happosai with long hair and no whiskers.

__ _ _
/ /______ __ ___ __////
__/ __ ___/ ___ / / /__/ / /
/___/ / / /__/ / / /__/ / /
_/ / ____/ / ____/ /
/__/ /_____/ /_____/
email: Morobos...@ntc.zelcom.com ^_^;

Caroline Ann Seawright

Mar 23, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/23/96
Tony Chin <kch...@gl.umbc.edu> writes:
>I'm just writing on who I think is the best girl out of Ranma's choices (I
>personally think Kasumi the best looking in the series, but the only time
>she could have been Ranma's choice was the first episode).

>Ranking

> 4. Kodachi - Positives: She's rich. Semi-good looking.
> Negatives: She is insane, Tatewaki's sister, she spikes
> everything with sleeping potion, and lies.

Another positive for Kodachi - She *never* tried to kill anyone.

> 3. Shampoo - Positives: She's cute and she can cook.

Ah, but have you ever seen Shampoo cook? (And the OVAs don't count, unless
they are in the manga... besides, in the Chirstmas OVA, you never saw the
results of her cooking) All I've ever seen shampoo do is serve the meal
and deliver it... Usually the delivery boy/girl and waiter/ess doesn't end
up being a cook... So... Can Shampoo really cook?

> Negatives: Her voice. She's too pushy. She won't go away
> when asked. Wanted to kill anyone in her way.

You forgot 'She's a bimbo'

> 2. Akane - Positives: She's cute. Always willing to help and she cares.
> Negatives: Too jealous. Can't cook. Gets upset easy.

Akane's nice, ne?

> 1. Ukkyo - Positive: She's cute (looks like a mini kasumi). She can cook.
> She owns her own business (Ranma can stay at home practicing
> his martial arts all day and let her earn the money, what more
> can a guy want!). She's faithful.
> Negatives: Won't give up on Ranma when he doesn't like her
> that way (what a fool he is).

How about Ukyou's dressing up as a guy? Is that a + or a -?

>Clearly, in Ranma's mind, the #1 is Akane. I'm just looking at it at a
>practical stand point (okay, slightly biased. But there people who would
>put Shampoo first, go figure).

No-one who can see past Shampoo's body would put her at number one, ne?

Kun-chan...

Tony Chin

Mar 23, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/23/96

I was just wondering if the two girls that are always talking to Akane at
school have names. Also, I was wondering do the two guys that are always
talking about how luckly Ranma is have names? Are all four of them just in
the anime or are they in the manga too?

Thanks in advance

T.C.

Kenji

Mar 23, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/23/96
kuno...@yoyo.cc.monash.edu.au (Caroline Ann Seawright) wrote:
<snip>

>> 1. Ukkyo - Positive: She's cute (looks like a mini kasumi). She can cook.
>> She owns her own business (Ranma can stay at home practicing
>> his martial arts all day and let her earn the money, what more
>> can a guy want!). She's faithful.
>> Negatives: Won't give up on Ranma when he doesn't like her
>> that way (what a fool he is).

>How about Ukyou's dressing up as a guy? Is that a + or a -?

Should be a +... Ranma could save money on clothes...

No, wait... nevermind. I suppose Ukyo and Ranma(-chan) could just
throw on whatever clothes they feel like wearing.

Albert Lunde

Mar 23, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/23/96
In article <4j115s$2...@news.internetmci.com>,

Kenji <Morobos...@ntc.zelcom.com> wrote:
>kuno...@yoyo.cc.monash.edu.au (Caroline Ann Seawright) wrote:
><snip>
>>> 1. Ukkyo - Positive: She's cute (looks like a mini kasumi). She can cook.
>>> She owns her own business (Ranma can stay at home practicing
>>> his martial arts all day and let her earn the money, what more
>>> can a guy want!). She's faithful.
>>> Negatives: Won't give up on Ranma when he doesn't like her
>>> that way (what a fool he is).
>
>>How about Ukyou's dressing up as a guy? Is that a + or a -?
>
>Should be a +... Ranma could save money on clothes...
>
>No, wait... nevermind. I suppose Ukyo and Ranma(-chan) could just
>throw on whatever clothes they feel like wearing.

Is it a concidence that the same could be said for Ukyou and Konatsu?
(See volume 35 ff in the manga.)

So many people with different kinds of gender confusion...

Of course if we think back to vol 1 this was also an excuse used to
fob off Ranma on Akane (rather than the other sisters) in the first
place. ("You don't like boys".)

Ukyou also has a rather dominant personality which shows up in contrast
to Konatsu's submissiveness... which makes Ukyou/Konatsu a "better match"
than Ukyou/Ranma (or Ranma/Akane, by that criteria).

--
Albert Lunde | Interfaith | *Y*Y* "A branch on the
Albert...@nwu.edu | Bisexual | *Y* tree of life"
| | http://www.mcs.net/~lunde/home.html

Marmalade Boy

Mar 24, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/24/96

I vote for Nabiki... wow... you'll be rich after being on her
side... and I also thought that she was the most attractive without a
doubt... no competition... she's also the sexiest with the most slender
body!!!! *drool*

Kasumi would be nice, huh... can cook, obedient...

Shampoo would have undying love... or perhaps... tyotto...

HEY WAIT... Ranma is pretty sexy her/himself... (What am I saying)

Manowar

Mar 24, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/24/96
In article <Pine.SGI.3.91.960322...@umbc9.umbc.edu>, Tony Chin <kch...@gl.umbc.edu> says:
> 2. Akane - Positives: She's cute. Always willing to help and she cares.
> Negatives: Too jealous. Can't cook. Gets upset easy.
>
> 1. Ukkyo - Positive: She's cute (looks like a mini kasumi). She can cook.
> She owns her own business (Ranma can stay at home practicing
> his martial arts all day and let her earn the money, what more
> can a guy want!). She's faithful.
> Negatives: Won't give up on Ranma when he doesn't like her
> that way (what a fool he is).
>

>Clearly, in Ranma's mind, the #1 is Akane. I'm just looking at it at a
>practical stand point (okay, slightly biased. But there people who would
>put Shampoo first, go figure).

I have to agree with you on Ukkyo. Although I think she is cuter than
Kasumi. She would be the best wife for Ranma. She does seem to be the
most stable of the girls in the show and we all know that poor Ranma isn't
that stable. And you forgot to rank Nabiki. I would place her ahead of
Akane simpily on the fact that she is much more accepting of Ranma
condition than Akane. Besides she could figure a way to use Ranma
condition to make lots of money. Come to think of it she has done that
a couple of times already.

Manowar

Manowar

Mar 24, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/24/96

They have names, but I don't remember what they were. I think you can
find the info on them on the Expanded Ranma 1/2 Page.

Manowar

Ryoko

Mar 24, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/24/96
>> HEY WAIT... Ranma is pretty sexy her/himself... (What am I saying)
>
>Well, if one were bi... and if Ranma weren't the sort to freak out if
>anyone made a pass at his female side... he/she'd be hard to beat as
>a date :)

Now you people are just getting sick.

What is it everyone has against Shampoo?!? I mean sure she's a little
"off." But life with her would be interesting and fun. Look at Akane
she's nothing. I mean name one thing about her that's good.
Sure she loves Ranma and he loves her. Really Ranma doesn't deserve
Shampoo (or the others).

Sydney

Jourdan M. Bickham

Mar 24, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/24/96

but.. she's no martial artists wife, ne ?

Benjamin Avry Goldstein

Mar 24, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/24/96
I'm just wondering about that one time Ranma gets a victory
over Cologne... what happens then?

Wouldn't Ranma be betrothed to Cologne. Or is there other
rules involved. Somehow there is more to the amazonian
marriage rules than meets the eye.
--
Only two principles are important in this world;
(1) Love of humankind

Jeffrey Nevins

Mar 24, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/24/96
: Kasumi would be nice, huh... can cook, obedient...

Hey, is there anything negative about Kasumi? Tofu should really get his
act together!
Jeff
jeff...@sfsu.edu

"Candygram for Mongo...Cangygram for Mongo..."
-Bart
-Blazzing Saddles

Caroline Ann Seawright

Mar 25, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/25/96
syd...@umbc.edu (Ryoko) writes:
>>> HEY WAIT... Ranma is pretty sexy her/himself... (What am I saying)
>>
>>Well, if one were bi... and if Ranma weren't the sort to freak out if
>>anyone made a pass at his female side... he/she'd be hard to beat as
>>a date :)
> Now you people are just getting sick.
> What is it everyone has against Shampoo?!? I mean sure she's a little
>"off." But life with her would be interesting and fun. Look at Akane

Okay... She's a bimbo... All looks and nothing else. She's selfish...
She doesn't care about anyone but herself. She doesn't care about Ranma,
or else she wouldn't totally ignore his happiness. She wants to kill
people. She's brain dead. She only wants to get into Ranma's pants. What
good is there in Shampoo? Fun? Only if you like being totally uncared
for...

>she's nothing. I mean name one thing about her that's good.
> Sure she loves Ranma and he loves her. Really Ranma doesn't deserve
>Shampoo (or the others).

What's good about Akane? She cares about people, even her enemies. She
tries to HELP her enemies, even after they attacked her. She tries to
find good in people. She's cute. She tries very hard to do things for
Ranma. She sacrifices her life for the one she loves. (Don't see Shampoo
doing that!) She doesn't try to murder people, too.

Ranma doesn't deserve Shampoo? That's true. Only someone like Happousai
(or Genma) deserves Shampoo. Let's lock them up in a padded cell together,
making sure none of them get out for the rest of their lives!!!

Kun-chan...

David G. Homerick

Mar 25, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/25/96
Caroline Ann Seawright (kuno...@yoyo.cc.monash.edu.au) wrote:
: Tony Chin <kch...@gl.umbc.edu> writes:

: > 3. Shampoo - Positives: She's cute and she can cook.

: > Negatives: Her voice. She's too pushy. She won't go away

: > when asked. Wanted to kill anyone in her way.

: You forgot 'She's a bimbo'

Define "bimbo."

-- David Homerick.

Blade

Mar 25, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/25/96
>Tony Chin <kch...@gl.umbc.edu> writes:
>I'm just writing on who I think is the best girl out of Ranma's choices(I
>personally think Kasumi the best looking in the series, but the only time
>she could have been Ranma's choice was the first episode).
To each their own, I guess...Ksumi's nice, but just a little
boring...besides, if you were trying to catch her, you'd have to make sure
you never went to the doctor's...or you might just have an "accident"...
>Ranking

> 4. Kodachi - Positives: She's rich. Semi-good looking.
> Negatives: She is insane, Tatewaki's sister, she spikes
> everything with sleeping potion, and lies.

Hey, not _everything_...she spikes her brother's food with _real_ poison.
Which just goes to show: she might be dishonest, trecherous, deceitful,
and an all-around b<ahem>ad person...but at least she isn't a murderer.
Except where her brother's concerned. Oh well.

> 3. Shampoo - Positives: She's cute and she can cook.

So can Kodachi. Besides, Shampoo's almost as free with the exotic
chemicals as Kodachi is. They just have different effects.

> Negatives: Her voice. She's too pushy. She won't go away
> when asked. Wanted to kill anyone in her way.

Only until Cologne showed up. She actually made an effort to avoid
killing poor, pathetic Akane...besides, who in Ranma 1/2 _does_ go away
when asked?

> 2. Akane - Positives: She's cute. Always willing to help and she cares.

True. Not very perceptive, though...

> Negatives: Too jealous. Can't cook. Gets upset easy.

> You forgot "stubborn as a mule" and "refuses to admit when she's outclassed by an opponent". Of course, unless you have the myst=
erious power to attract other girls who are all better martial artists then she is, the latter may not be a problem.

> 1. Ukkyo - Positive: She's cute (looks like a mini kasumi). She can cook.

<ahem> I salute your marvelous taste in picking her as Ranma's best
choice...but methinks you've been playing too much Ranma: Hard Battle.
Her name is spelled Ukyou, or to go by Viz, Ukyo. At any rate, only one
"k" Not that you have to do what I say, I'm just spreading around my vast
store of knowledge...(sarcasm, just in case anybody thinks I was being
totally serious with that last bit and tries to flame me)

> She owns her own business (Ranma can stay at home practicing
> his martial arts all day and let her earn the money, what more
> can a guy want!). She's faithful.

Ah yes, Ukyou-sama is wonderful...forgot to mention that her life does not
revolve around martial arts...something rare in Nerima...not to mention
her cheerfulness and niceness. Hmm...she has intellignece, as
well...something which is notably lacked by Kodachi and Shampoo and, to a
lesser extent, Akane.

> Negatives: Won't give up on Ranma when he doesn't like her
> that way (what a fool he is).

Yeah...isn't he though...

>Clearly, in Ranma's mind, the #1 is Akane. I'm just looking at it at a
>practical stand point (okay, slightly biased. But there people who would
>put Shampoo first, go figure).

Shampoo's character depth is limited to her bust size. Besides, Ranma
_does_ like Ukyou...if only as a friend. Sigh...what fools these mortals
be. Besides, Ryouga will treat her better. (In the manga, I support
Pantyhose Tarou; the two most intelligent teens [not including Nabiki]
together! Besides, she's too nice to make fun of his name...)

Blade
"You're pathetic, Ranma! You've got the hots for a soda machine!"-Ryouga
Solo, "Ran Wars" <shameless plug>
"I never said I was _nice_..."-Pantyhose Tarou, "Ranma: Curse of
Darkness" <another shameless plug>

Kenji

Mar 25, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/25/96
sac5...@saclink1.csus.edu (David G. Homerick) wrote:

>Caroline Ann Seawright (kuno...@yoyo.cc.monash.edu.au) wrote:
>: Tony Chin <kch...@gl.umbc.edu> writes:

>: > 3. Shampoo - Positives: She's cute and she can cook.

>: > Negatives: Her voice. She's too pushy. She won't go away

>: > when asked. Wanted to kill anyone in her way.

>: You forgot 'She's a bimbo'

>Define "bimbo."

>-- David Homerick.

I believe that's Japanese for "poor." ^_^;

Ross TenEyck

Mar 25, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/25/96
Marmalade Boy <Da...@brown.edu> writes:

> HEY WAIT... Ranma is pretty sexy her/himself... (What am I saying)

Well, if one were bi... and if Ranma weren't the sort to freak out if
anyone made a pass at his female side... he/she'd be hard to beat as
a date :)

--
============== http://weber.u.washington.edu/~teneyck/home.html ==============
Ross TenEyck MS Mech Eng | A crow pecks at the wind-tossed scrap of paper,

Kevin Lew -- 'The Lai-Lai Boy'

Mar 25, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/25/96
Manowar (Man...@i1.net) wrote:
: In article <Pine.SGI.3.91.960323...@umbc8.umbc.edu>, Tony Chin <kch...@gl.umbc.edu> says:

: >I was just wondering if the two girls that are always talking to Akane at

: >school have names. Also, I was wondering do the two guys that are always
: >talking about how luckly Ranma is have names? Are all four of them just in
: >the anime or are they in the manga too?

: They have names, but I don't remember what they were. I think you can

: find the info on them on the Expanded Ranma 1/2 Page.

Nobody answered this yet?

The guys are named Hiroshi and Daisuke. Hiroshi has brown hair (light
hair in manga), and Daisuke has black hair (dark hair in the manga).

The girls are named Yuka and Sayuri. Yuka has long hair, and Sayuri has
the short hair with ponytails.

Yes, they show up all the time in both the manga and anime.

Actually, it's a good thing that somebody asked this. I practically
forgot myself and I had to refresh my memory.

To live. To die. To be silly. That is the way of the Otaku.
kas...@eden.com (Ranma 1/2 Stupid Help Desk)
ra1...@email.sps.mot.com (Other Stupid E-Mail)

Caroline Ann Seawright

Mar 25, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/25/96
sac5...@saclink1.csus.edu (David G. Homerick) writes:
>Caroline Ann Seawright (kuno...@yoyo.cc.monash.edu.au) wrote:
>: Tony Chin <kch...@gl.umbc.edu> writes:
>: > 3. Shampoo - Positives: She's cute and she can cook.
>: > Negatives: Her voice. She's too pushy. She won't go away
>: > when asked. Wanted to kill anyone in her way.
>: You forgot 'She's a bimbo'
>Define "bimbo."

No brains that she uses herself, all looks, not caring a thing about how
others feel, just as long as she's happy, a mind that she doesn't use,
only wants to get into bed with Ranma, etc. Bimbo = Shampoo.

Kun-chan...

Cologne

Mar 25, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/25/96

Maybe its a First Come, First Served (Married in this case rule)...As
far as your principes of the world...as altruistic as they may seem to
you, there is a hidden agenda

all_about_ranma

Mar 25, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/25/96
Marmalade Boy <Da...@brown.edu> wrote:

> I vote for Nabiki... wow... you'll be rich after being on her
>side... and I also thought that she was the most attractive without a
>doubt... no competition... she's also the sexiest with the most slender
>body!!!! *drool*

> Kasumi would be nice, huh... can cook, obedient...

> Shampoo would have undying love... or perhaps... tyotto...

> HEY WAIT... Ranma is pretty sexy her/himself... (What am I saying)

Like none of us have ever thought that? But Ranma-chan would probably
be just as violent as Akane if you tried to do anything with her.
Don't forget Ranma it Mikado 501 times just for kissing him while in
girl-type. Imagine how many times for anything else! (Kuno felt as
felt him up a couple times...I don't understand how he is still
breathing!)

So how many would be brides did Ranma end up with anyway???

vi...@nicole.upd.edu.ph

Mar 25, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/25/96
Ranma 1/2's best babe?

Nabiki for sure. After all, she's rich, beautiful, sexy...

...Although she'd be the worst girl to take out on a date. You'll be
washing dishes for the rest of your life after just one date with this
babe.

Ukkyo, on the other hand...

Benjamin Avry Goldstein

Mar 25, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/25/96
Cologne writes:
> ba...@faraday.clas.Virginia.EDU (Benjamin Avry Goldstein) wrote:
>
> >I'm just wondering about that one time Ranma gets a victory
> >over Cologne... what happens then?
>
> >Wouldn't Ranma be betrothed to Cologne. Or is there other
> >rules involved. Somehow there is more to the amazonian
> >marriage rules than meets the eye.
>
> Maybe its a First Come, First Served (Married in this case rule)...As
> far as your principes of the world...as altruistic as they may seem to
> you, there is a hidden agenda

But then why does Shampoo chase after Ranma. Ukyou would
DEFINATELY have the first service above shampoo, Ranma beat her
many-a-time and was betrothed to her. and Akane has some
rights which fill in the times that ukyou doesn't.

Somethings fishy here.

And about my principles. The hidden agenda is to get people
thinking about them... Not a very hidden hidden agenda.
I do this for the love of god and for the love of man hoping
that somebody will look at them say: HEY he's right and change
for the better. IF one person does then I will have suceeded.

Darren Demaine

Mar 25, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/25/96
Tony Chin <kch...@gl.umbc.edu> wrote:

>Ranking
>
> 4. Kodachi - Positives: She's rich. Semi-good looking.
> Negatives: She is insane, Tatewaki's sister, she spikes
> everything with sleeping potion, and lies.

While no one would actually credit Ranma with a quick mind (or a mind at all in
some cases), he is smart enough to figure out that life with Kodachi wouldn't
be life at all. In fact it would be a life sentence. Just look how she acts
while she's only his 'girl-friend/fiend.` Marriage would only make things
worse (and believe me, they can always get worse).

As for negatives, you forgot: tendency to distort reality to suit her wishes,
as far as we know, inability to cook without adding something to the mixture,
and long monologues of insane laughter.

> 3. Shampoo - Positives: She's cute and she can cook.
> Negatives: Her voice. She's too pushy. She won't go away
> when asked. Wanted to kill anyone in her way.

Some people like Shampoo, others don't. Personally I think she never had a
chance at Ranma. Other then the fact Ranma was too busy to be interested in
girls before the infamous 'pick your fiancee' routine, Shampoo is a little too
cold hearted and brings a lot of baggage into a relationship.

Or, more correctly, brings an old bag by the name of Cologne into the
relationship. As well, the knowledge that you'll be growing old together with
someone who will eventually look like Cologne is enough to scare most men away.

> 2. Akane - Positives: She's cute. Always willing to help and she cares.

> Negatives: Too jealous. Can't cook. Gets upset easy.

Just off hand, who in this series DOESN'T have faults?

> 1. Ukkyo - Positive: She's cute (looks like a mini kasumi). She can cook.

> She owns her own business (Ranma can stay at home practicing
> his martial arts all day and let her earn the money, what more
> can a guy want!). She's faithful.

> Negatives: Won't give up on Ranma when he doesn't like her
> that way (what a fool he is).

Without Akane, it is likely that Ukyou might have gotten Ranma, but so what?
Withough Godai, Mitaka would have gotten Kyoko. Without Kyoko, Godai would
have gotten Kosei-chan (sp). Or, (heaven forbid) Yagami would have gotten
Godai.

As for the positives, they all exist in Akane in some form or another.
1. Akane's cute. (Whole stories are related around this fact.)
2. While Akane can't cook now (other then to create biohazards), she is
learning and has in fact produced edible food by herself (Vol. 25).
3. If Ranma marries Akane, he gets the Dojo and can practice all he wants
there.
4. Akane's faithful. A little _too_ faithful perhaps (as it has a tendency to
slide over into jealousy. But so what, Ranma's almost as bad).

>Clearly, in Ranma's mind, the #1 is Akane. I'm just looking at it at a
>practical stand point (okay, slightly biased. But there people who would
>put Shampoo first, go figure).

Others to consider:

1. Nabiki.
Although I personally worship the ground she walks on and consider her by far
the cutest, we've seen what happens when Ranma and Nabiki were engaged. While
life for Ranma would unquestionally be interesting, I don't think he'd really
be all that happy. I think he's gotten used to running his own life...I'm not
too sure he'd like to find out that he doesn't have any say in anything
anymore.

2. Kasumi.
Sure she'd make a great wife, but a boring one too.
eg:
Ranma: "I'm home! Did you miss me, dear?"
Kasumi: "Not at all. I was so busy: I put out the wash, cleaned the dojo and
made dinner. How was your day?"
Ranma: [giving her a long look] "I've been gone six days tracking down a
martial artist who stuck me in girl form."
Kasumi: "That's nice dear. Did you bring anything back?"

3. Azusa.
Let's be serious here people. The only way she'd ever make it is if it was a
choice between her and Kodachi. In one case its death by love. The other is
love by death. Take your pick.

When it comes right down to it, Akane and Ranma are so well matched personality
wise that they just had to get together eventually. Besides, after 38 volumes,
we'd have all gone more insane then we are if they broke up.

Darren Demaine
Chairman of the Horde
Horde O' Hentai Productions

Jason Heavensrun

Mar 25, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/25/96
kuno...@yoyo.cc.monash.edu.au (Caroline Ann Seawright) wrote:
>Tony Chin <kch...@gl.umbc.edu> writes:
>>I'm just writing on who I think is the best girl out of Ranma's choices (I
>>personally think Kasumi the best looking in the series, but the only time
>>she could have been Ranma's choice was the first episode).
>
>>Ranking
>
>> 4. Kodachi - Positives: She's rich. Semi-good looking.
>> Negatives: She is insane, Tatewaki's sister, she spikes
>> everything with sleeping potion, and lies.
>
>Another positive for Kodachi - She *never* tried to kill anyone.

EXCUSE ME?!!??!?!???!!!!? What series are YOU following?

>> 3. Shampoo - Positives: She's cute and she can cook.
>

>Ah, but have you ever seen Shampoo cook? (And the OVAs don't count, unless
>they are in the manga... besides, in the Chirstmas OVA, you never saw the
>results of her cooking) All I've ever seen shampoo do is serve the meal
>and deliver it... Usually the delivery boy/girl and waiter/ess doesn't end
>up being a cook... So... Can Shampoo really cook?

Besides, Ramen isn't exactly the most difficult meal to prepare.

>> Negatives: Her voice.

I think it's cute, actually.

>> She's too pushy. She won't go away
>> when asked. Wanted to kill anyone in her way.
>

>You forgot 'She's a bimbo'

;) Not to mention obsessive, possessive, violent, underhanded(though not
as bad as kodachi,) self-centered...

>> 2. Akane - Positives: She's cute.

Extremely.(Even though Ranma's in denial) She's also faithful, trusting,
polite, and kindhearted. Guess who my favorite is? (well, actually it's
nabiki, but she's not on the list.)

>> Always willing to help and she cares.
>> Negatives: Too jealous. Can't cook. Gets upset easy.
>

>Akane's nice, ne?

>> 1. Ukkyo - Positive: She's cute (looks like a mini kasumi). She can cook.
>> She owns her own business (Ranma can stay at home practicing
>> his martial arts all day and let her earn the money, what more
>> can a guy want!). She's faithful.
>> Negatives: Won't give up on Ranma when he doesn't like her
>> that way (what a fool he is).

Wonder who this guy's fave is?

>How about Ukyou's dressing up as a guy? Is that a + or a -?

Well, towards the end of the series, she doesn't do that nearly as much,
so it's not as much of a - as it would be.

>>Clearly, in Ranma's mind, the #1 is Akane. I'm just looking at it at a
>>practical stand point (okay, slightly biased. But there people who would
>>put Shampoo first, go figure).
>

>No-one who can see past Shampoo's body would put her at number one, ne?

Except, of course, for Mousse.(don't even try to tell me he loves her for
her body. He can't even see it!)

>Kun-chan...

Jason Heavensrun

Mar 25, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/25/96
The two guys are Daisuke and Hiroshi, and I think one of the girls is
Yuta, but I don't know the other one's name.

jchamber

Mar 25, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/25/96
Man...@i1.net (Manowar) wrote:
>In article <Pine.SGI.3.91.960323...@umbc8.umbc.edu>, Tony Chin <kch...@gl.umbc.edu> says:
>>

>>I was just wondering if the two girls that are always talking to Akane at
>>school have names. Also, I was wondering do the two guys that are always
>>talking about how luckly Ranma is have names? Are all four of them just in
>>the anime or are they in the manga too?
>>

>>Thanks in advance
>>
>>T.C.

>They have names, but I don't remember what they were. I think you can
>find the info on them on the Expanded Ranma 1/2 Page.

I think they are in the manga. I can't remember the names of the girls,
but the guys names are Daisuke and Hitoshi. Bit players are cool, they're
fodder for Impact Alberto. "Block 37! Block 37! AAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!"

Gee, how's THAT slip in? :) Not that I'd try to kill anyone in Ranma or
anything...

\\ / / _____ __ _______ __|-|__ \\
\ _ _ / | |____ ) __| | | ___ ||__ __|
\ / /_| |__ /_| | __/ / \ / / | \ | | | | /| | \

_ / /|_ _ / | | ) _/ _/ / | |_\ | |___| | /_) | \
\__/ |_|// |_| /_/ \_/ |_| |_|---|_| |___|
ja i a n to l/ro bo
GIANT ROBO- THE NIGHT THE EARTH STOOD STILL

brought to you by the letter "R" for "retro"
and Atma weapon, 2nd incarnation of the Light

I'll have to start my sig over....

Michael W. Dean

Mar 25, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/25/96
ba...@faraday.clas.Virginia.EDU (Benjamin Avry Goldstein) wrote:

>I'm just wondering about that one time Ranma gets a victory
>over Cologne... what happens then?

>Wouldn't Ranma be betrothed to Cologne. Or is there other

The "amazons" in question are a warrior society. No doubt the marriage
rule is in place in the interest of producing strong children. Somehow I
get the impression that Cologne is post-menopausal (being in her hundreds
will do that to a woman), and very probably immune to that law.

>Only two principles are important in this world;
>(1) Love of humankind
>(2) Love of God
>Let all your acts be commentary on these principles.

Hey man, you forgot to say "please."

Mike

Jason Heavensrun

Mar 26, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/26/96
"Jourdan M. Bickham" <bick...@wfu.edu> wrote:
>On 24 Mar 1996, Manowar wrote:
>
>> In article <Pine.SGI.3.91.960322...@umbc9.umbc.edu>, Tony Chin <kch...@gl.umbc.edu> says:
>> > 2. Akane - Positives: She's cute. Always willing to help and she cares.

>> > Negatives: Too jealous. Can't cook. Gets upset easy.
>> >
>> > 1. Ukkyo - Positive: She's cute (looks like a mini kasumi). She can cook.
>> > She owns her own business (Ranma can stay at home practicing
>> > his martial arts all day and let her earn the money, what more
>> > can a guy want!). She's faithful.
>> > Negatives: Won't give up on Ranma when he doesn't like her
>> > that way (what a fool he is).
>> >

>> >Clearly, in Ranma's mind, the #1 is Akane. I'm just looking at it at a
>> >practical stand point (okay, slightly biased. But there people who would
>> >put Shampoo first, go figure).
>> >

>> I have to agree with you on Ukkyo. Although I think she is cuter than
>> Kasumi. She would be the best wife for Ranma. She does seem to be the
>> most stable of the girls in the show and we all know that poor Ranma isn't

People, Ukyou is far from perfect. She's as emotionally manipulative as
shampoo, it's just that she uses more psychological attacks than love
potions, passion spice, etc. She never ceases to use Ryoga for whatever
purpose he might be handy for, regardless of how his emotions work into
it. She'll attack her rivals if she wants to, she's as blind as Mousse
when it comes to seeing the obvious, and she never stops picking on poor
tsubasa(I mean, he's annoying and all, but he can't fight worth a damn!
It just doesn't seem fair!) I'm probably fanning the flames here, but I
felt a need to get that off my chest.

>> that stable. And you forgot to rank Nabiki. I would place her ahead of
>> Akane simpily on the fact that she is much more accepting of Ranma
>> condition than Akane. Besides she could figure a way to use Ranma
>> condition to make lots of money. Come to think of it she has done that
>> a couple of times already.

I'm not sure I'd say she's more accepting of ranma's condition. First
off, she's not the one engaged to him, so it doesn't affect her
reputation. Second, she hasn't excepted it, she's exploited it. there's
a difference. and third, let's not discount akane's own acceptance of
the curse. She hardly pays attention to it accept when it's pointed out,
and she has said in the past(Movie #2) that she likes ranma fine the way
he is.

Frank

Mar 26, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/26/96

On 24 Mar 1996, Jeffrey Nevins wrote:

> : Kasumi would be nice, huh... can cook, obedient...
>
> Hey, is there anything negative about Kasumi? Tofu should really get his
> act together!
> Jeff
> jeff...@sfsu.edu

Hey, give the guy a break! It's not easy trying to pitch woo when
your glasses are fogged up and your brain's turned to cottage cheese!

(RE anything negative about Kasumi: Well, there WAS that scene where
proper Kasumi, trying to discourage Akane from her tomboyish behavior,
said "If you don't act more ladylike, Dr. Tofu will come to dislike
you." I mean, stab your sister in the heart, why don't you! Of course,
I realized Kasumi WAS very young at the time and didn't know better; that
she WAS trying to make Akane act more like a proper Japanese girl, like
her; and that she CERTAINLY didn't realize what sort of psychological
damage she'd just done with those few words; but still, when I saw that, I
CRINGED!)

FW

MJBEN7

Mar 26, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/26/96
Jason Heavensrun <s...@okstate.edu> wrote:
>The two guys are Daisuke and Hiroshi, and I think one of the girls is
>Yuta, but I don't know the other one's name.

Jason is almost on the money. The blond haired guy is Hiroshi and the
other his Daisuke.

Akane's friends are Sayuri and Yuka.

- Plu...@yoyo.cc.monash.edu.au

- Life's a pain, and so am I.

Frank

Mar 26, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/26/96

On 23 Mar 1996, Caroline Ann Seawright wrote:

<snip>

> > 3. Shampoo - Positives: She's cute and she can cook.
>
> Ah, but have you ever seen Shampoo cook? (And the OVAs don't count, unless
> they are in the manga... besides, in the Chirstmas OVA, you never saw the
> results of her cooking) All I've ever seen shampoo do is serve the meal
> and deliver it... Usually the delivery boy/girl and waiter/ess doesn't end
> up being a cook... So... Can Shampoo really cook?

Hm. I've never SEEN her cook, but she DID say she made the lunch she
served Ranma back in the "Akane gets Shampooed" episode. You know, the
lunch where she lifted the lid and there, on a bed of veggies, is what
appears to be a thoroughly deceased and cooked P-Chan. Thereby almost
giving both Ranma and Akane heart attacks. Of course since Ryouga was
NOT dead or cooked, it DOES make you wonder about her cooking abilities.
I mean, live pig for lunch?

> > Negatives: Her voice. She's too pushy. She won't go away

> > when asked. Wanted to kill anyone in her way.
>
> You forgot 'She's a bimbo'

Actually, I think Shampoo has too much cunning - not brains, but cunning
- to be a bimbo. She might be more properly classified as a vixen.

<snip>

> No-one who can see past Shampoo's body would put her at number one, ne?

Mousse can't even SEE Shampoo's body, but we all know she'll always be
number one to him.
Poor devil.

FW

Frank

Mar 26, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/26/96

> Tony Chin <kch...@gl.umbc.edu> wrote:
>

>I'm just writing on who I think is the best girl out of Ranma's choices (I
>personally think Kasumi the best looking in the series, but the only time
>she could have been Ranma's choice was the first episode).
>
>Ranking
>
> 4. Kodachi - Positives: She's rich. Semi-good looking.

SEMI-good looking?? She is VERY good looking! Abet in a malevolent way...

> Negatives: She is insane, Tatewaki's sister, she spikes
> everything with sleeping potion, and lies.

I'm not sure she really LIES; I think that to Kodachi, with her tenuous
grasp of reality, truth may be a subjective concept.

> 3. Shampoo - Positives: She's cute and she can cook.

> Negatives: Her voice. She's too pushy. She won't go away
> when asked. Wanted to kill anyone in her way.

SAYS she wants to kill anyone who gets in her way. Never actually gets
around to doing it. I wouldn't be suprised if, for all her glower and
threats, Shampoo couldn't kill if her life depended on it.

> 2. Akane - Positives: She's cute. Always willing to help and she cares.
> Negatives: Too jealous. Can't cook. Gets upset easy.

OF COURSE she gets upset easily! Look at what she's got to put up with!
Kuno! Nabiki! Shampoo! Having her house a battlezone! And RANMA, all
the time, RANMA! It's enough to drive a saint to kicking people into walls!

> 1. Ukkyo - Positive: She's cute (looks like a mini kasumi). She can cook.
> She owns her own business (Ranma can stay at home practicing
> his martial arts all day and let her earn the money, what more
> can a guy want!). She's faithful.
> Negatives: Won't give up on Ranma when he doesn't like her
> that way (what a fool he is).

Yep, got me sold! Hope Ucchan finds a man who appreciates and is worthy
of her. Ranma probably isn't it.

FW

Russell Spackman

Mar 26, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/26/96
Blade <dleb...@upei.ca> wrote:

>> 1. Ukkyo - Positive: She's cute (looks like a mini kasumi). She can cook.

><ahem> I salute your marvelous taste in picking her as Ranma's best
>choice...but methinks you've been playing too much Ranma: Hard Battle.
>Her name is spelled Ukyou, or to go by Viz, Ukyo. At any rate, only one
>"k" Not that you have to do what I say, I'm just spreading around my vast
>store of knowledge...(sarcasm, just in case anybody thinks I was being
>totally serious with that last bit and tries to flame me)

>> She owns her own business (Ranma can stay at home practicing
>> his martial arts all day and let her earn the money, what more
>> can a guy want!). She's faithful.

>Ah yes, Ukyou-sama is wonderful...forgot to mention that her life does not
>revolve around martial arts...something rare in Nerima...not to mention
>her cheerfulness and niceness. Hmm...she has intellignece, as
>well...something which is notably lacked by Kodachi and Shampoo and, to a
>lesser extent, Akane.

>> Negatives: Won't give up on Ranma when he doesn't like her

>> that way (what a fool he is).

>Yeah...isn't he though...

Good call! Ranma should have picked Ukyou. Let's not all forget what
a snappy dresser she is either. :)

Kenji

Mar 26, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/26/96
Frank <whi...@coopext.cahe.wsu.edu> wrote:
>> Tony Chin <kch...@gl.umbc.edu> wrote:
>>

>>I'm just writing on who I think is the best girl out of Ranma's choices (I
>>personally think Kasumi the best looking in the series, but the only time
>>she could have been Ranma's choice was the first episode).
>>
>>Ranking
>>
>> 4. Kodachi - Positives: She's rich. Semi-good looking.

>SEMI-good looking?? She is VERY good looking! Abet in a malevolent way...

She looks TOO much like Kuno Tatewaki for me. Yech!

Kenji

Mar 26, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/26/96
Kheve <khe...@pc.jaring.my> wrote:
<snip>
>To me, Nabiki is a Dream come True. Can't you imagined it....
>With Nabiki by your side you'll never worry about financial
>problems.
<snip>

Course not. You won't have any finances at all.

BBS Login

Mar 26, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/26/96
AllAboutRanma wrote:
[...]

So you haven't seen the manga where Ranma steps in front of the doubling
mirror..

Jason Heavensrun

Mar 26, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/26/96
ten...@u.washington.edu (Ross TenEyck) wrote:

>Marmalade Boy <Da...@brown.edu> writes:
>
>> HEY WAIT... Ranma is pretty sexy her/himself... (What am I saying)
>
>Well, if one were bi... and if Ranma weren't the sort to freak out if
>anyone made a pass at his female side... he/she'd be hard to beat as
>a date :)

I have a feeling that Ranma's fascinating form of brain damage would be
required for this situation to really work. "Hey, Ranma-chan, wanna go
out?"
"Hey stupid, I'm a g-"FOOT TO THE HEAD! WHACK!"-IRL! Sure, let's go!

John Chennavasin

Mar 26, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/26/96
In article <4j6cv1$h...@news6.erols.com>,

>>They have names, but I don't remember what they were. I think you can
>>find the info on them on the Expanded Ranma 1/2 Page.

Yuka and Sayuri.

>I think they are in the manga. I can't remember the names of the girls,
>but the guys names are Daisuke and Hitoshi. Bit players are cool, they're
>fodder for Impact Alberto. "Block 37! Block 37! AAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!"

Hiroshi...

They are given names only in Nettouhen. This is similar to Lum's
Stormtroppers in UY, where they're named only in the anime.
John Chennavasin
che...@haas.berkeley.edu
http://haas.berkeley.edu/~chennav/

Jason Heavensrun

Mar 26, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/26/96
syd...@umbc.edu (Ryoko) wrote:
>>> HEY WAIT... Ranma is pretty sexy her/himself... (What am I saying)
>>
>>Well, if one were bi... and if Ranma weren't the sort to freak out if
>>anyone made a pass at his female side... he/she'd be hard to beat as
>>a date :)
>
> Now you people are just getting sick.
>
> What is it everyone has against Shampoo?!?

How about the fact that she has the brains of a roasted chestnut?

>I mean sure she's a little

A little?

>"off." But life with her would be interesting and fun. Look at Akane
>she's nothing. I mean name one thing about her that's good.

(Cracking knuckles.)
She's cute, persistant, smart, athletic, loyal, trustworthy, and
dependable. She knows she's bad at arts and crafts, but she never gives
up and pours her heart into everything she does. She could run off to
any guy she wanted but she never give in to temptation. Despite her
temper, she is very loving and caring. She ... Oh, wait, you only wanted
one reason. Well, take your pick.

> Sure she loves Ranma and he loves her. Really Ranma doesn't deserve
>Shampoo (or the others).
> Sydney

Jason Heavensrun

Mar 26, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/26/96
All About Ranma wrote:
>Marmalade Boy <Da...@brown.edu> wrote:
>

>> I vote for Nabiki... wow... you'll be rich after being on her
>>side... and I also thought that she was the most attractive without a
>>doubt... no competition... she's also the sexiest with the most slender
>>body!!!! *drool*
>
>> Kasumi would be nice, huh... can cook, obedient...
>
>> Shampoo would have undying love... or perhaps... tyotto...
>
>> HEY WAIT... Ranma is pretty sexy her/himself... (What am I saying)
>

>Like none of us have ever thought that? But Ranma-chan would probably
>be just as violent as Akane if you tried to do anything with her.
>Don't forget Ranma it Mikado 501 times just for kissing him while in
>girl-type. Imagine how many times for anything else! (Kuno felt as
>felt him up a couple times...I don't understand how he is still
>breathing!)

Kuno has the brainpower of a piece of sawdust, therefore Ranma figures he
deserves a little slack.

>So how many would be brides did Ranma end up with anyway???

Brides or fiancees? He ended up with three fiancee's(Ukyou, Shampoo, and
Akane.) Am I the only one who's realized that Ranma was never engaged to
Kodachi? Probably not, but I keep hearing people refer to her as one of
his fiancees. he has no obligation to her, and furthermore, she is
violating the martial artist's code of honor (Which ranma & co. cherish)
simply by continuing to pursue him.

Kheve

Mar 26, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/26/96
Hey Hey,
I think you're all a bit nut not to think of Nabiki

To me, Nabiki is a Dream come True. Can't you imagined it....
With Nabiki by your side you'll never worry about financial
problems. Not to mention she's (In my opinion) prettiest of all
3 tendo's sister. She's playful yet smart. So I ask you all...
Is she not great if she's to be with you?????Kasumi???Nah too
boring.Akane????HAHAHAHAHA(Rolling on the floor laughing my head out)
Shampoo????Too Violent.Ukyou????*sigh* , Kodachi?????????Only
Madman would like her.So all in all I must say that Nabiki is
By Far THE BEST BABE IN RANMA 1/2

Tetsuhiko Yasaka

Mar 26, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/26/96
Hello. I'm Tetsuhiko Yasaka.

>I was just wondering if the two girls that are always talking to Akane at
>school have names.

One of them is Sayuri. And the other's name may be Yuka.
I don't remember the other girl's name clearly.

>Also, I was wondering do the two guys that are always talking about
> how luckly Ranma is have names?

Hiroshi and Daishuke.

>Are all four of them just in the anime or are they in the manga too?

In the manga, their names aren't found at all. But they exist in the manga.
In the TV series, we can find Hiroshi and Daishuke from radio actor's telop.
In the OVA(Original Video Animation) series, we can find Sayuri and Yuka.

Good-bye!

My name is Tetsuhiko Yasaka. 21 years old. - Oita University in Japan -
E-mail* e05...@csis.oita-u.ac.jp
URL * http://www.oita-u.ac.jp/~e05077/

Arthur Leung

Mar 26, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/26/96
In article <4j08vb$a...@news.internetmci.com>,

Kenji <Morobos...@ntc.zelcom.com> wrote:
>Tony Chin <kch...@gl.umbc.edu> wrote:
>>Ranking
>
>> 4. Kodachi - Positives: She's rich. Semi-good looking.
>> Negatives: She is insane, Tatewaki's sister, she spikes
>> everything with sleeping potion, and lies.
>
>> 3. Shampoo - Positives: She's cute and she can cook.
>> Negatives: Her voice. She's too pushy. She won't go away
>> when asked. Wanted to kill anyone in her way.
>
>> 2. Akane - Positives: She's cute. Always willing to help and she cares.
>> Negatives: Too jealous. Can't cook. Gets upset easy.
>
>> 1. Ukkyo - Positive: She's cute (looks like a mini kasumi). She can cook.
>> She owns her own business (Ranma can stay at home practicing
>> his martial arts all day and let her earn the money, what more
>> can a guy want!). She's faithful.
>> Negatives: Won't give up on Ranma when he doesn't like her
>> that way (what a fool he is).
>
> 100. Cologne - Positives: She can cook, knows a lot of martial arts, can
> balance on a stick, petite.
> Negativess: Looks like Happosai with long hair and no whiskers.

how about akari?

positives: cute, can cook, sincere, kind, unselfish, faithful.
negatives: she has this thing with pigs (and i think
ryoga might have a fit).

-- arthur

Alexis Barrera

Mar 26, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/26/96
Caroline Ann Seawright (kuno...@yoyo.cc.monash.edu.au) wrote:

: What's good about Akane? She cares about people, even her enemies. She
: tries to HELP her enemies, even after they attacked her. She tries to
: find good in people. She's cute. She tries very hard to do things for
^^^^^^^^^^

Come on people, if there's one thing we know for sure in this uncertain
universe, one piece of self-eveident truth, one lesson learned from
countless ranma manga, tv series, OAV and movies is that Akane is UNCUTE!!!

: Ranma. She sacrifices her life for the one she loves. (Don't see Shampoo
: doing that!) She doesn't try to murder people, too.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

What about offering tastes of her cooking to others!

milt

Mar 26, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/26/96
Shampoo

Issac Kuo

Mar 26, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/26/96
In article <4j8jtk$k...@news.cis.okstate.edu>,
Jason Heavensrun <s...@okstate.edu> wrote:
>All About Ranma wrote:

>>So how many would be brides did Ranma end up with anyway???

>Brides or fiancees? He ended up with three fiancee's(Ukyou, Shampoo, and
>Akane.) Am I the only one who's realized that Ranma was never engaged to
>Kodachi?

Since when did Ranma get engaged to Shampoo? AFAIK, Genma's never
accepted anything from Shampoo or Cologne.

At least in Nettoohen, Genma accepted a dowry for Kodachi (right
in front of Sooun!). Once, Ranma and Genma actually lived with
Kodachi in the Kunoo manshion. They never shacked up at Nekohanten,
AFAIK.

>Probably not, but I keep hearing people refer to her as one of
>his fiancees. he has no obligation to her, and furthermore, she is
>violating the martial artist's code of honor (Which ranma & co. cherish)
>simply by continuing to pursue him.

--
_____ Isaac Kuo (k...@bit.csc.lsu.edu,isaa...@tyrell.net,
__|_>o<_|__ isaa...@ocf.berkeley.edu)

Kotus

Mar 26, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/26/96
>>>So how many would be brides did Ranma end up with anyway???

>>Brides or fiancees? He ended up with three fiancee's(Ukyou, Shampoo, and
>>Akane.) Am I the only one who's realized that Ranma was never engaged to
>>Kodachi?

>Since when did Ranma get engaged to Shampoo? AFAIK, Genma's never
>accepted anything from Shampoo or Cologne.

Ranma defeated Shampoo in a martial arts contest, in female form. Under
Shampoo's Amazonian code, defeat by another female meant she then had to
kill her opponent (to regain her honour I guess). But under the same code,
if Shampoo was defeated by a male, she had to marry him.

So when she found out that Ranma was (mostly!) male, she became his
self-appointed fiancee...

--
Kotus

Stacy Stroud

Mar 26, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/26/96
Kheve <khe...@pc.jaring.my> wrote:
>Hey Hey,
> I think you're all a bit nut not to think of Nabiki
>To me, Nabiki is a Dream come True. Can't you imagined it....
>With Nabiki by your side you'll never worry about financial
>problems. Not to mention she's (In my opinion) prettiest of all
>3 tendo's sister. She's playful yet smart. So I ask you all...
>Is she not great if she's to be with you?????>

As a Nabiki fan, I think you seriously misjudge Nabiki-sama.

First off, if you weren't financially secure (and bloody rich) in the first place,
you'd not have a chance with her.

Second, once she had you legally tied down by marriage, she'd use every
means within her power to wrest that cash from your hands into hers. Before
you'd even realize it, you'd be out in the gutter (unless she decided to keep
you around for her personal pleasure) and she'd be sitting pretty.

That is what I envision happening to Kuno-chan someday.

Stacy Stroud
sms...@pop.uky.edu

David G. Homerick

Mar 27, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/27/96
Caroline Ann Seawright (kuno...@yoyo.cc.monash.edu.au) wrote:
: sac5...@saclink1.csus.edu (David G. Homerick) writes:
: >Caroline Ann Seawright (kuno...@yoyo.cc.monash.edu.au) wrote:
: >: You forgot 'She's a bimbo'
: >Define "bimbo."

: No brains that she uses herself,

Oh, she has BRAINS... She just doesn't use them in a socially acceptable
manner. Stupid people can't be sneaky.

: all looks,

I think you just said that.

: not caring a thing about how others feel, just as long as she's happy,

One of the more unusual definitions of "bimbo."

Sure she's selfish. What does that have to do with anything?

: a mind that she doesn't use,

You *definitely* just said that.

: only wants to get into bed with Ranma,

She wants to *marry* Ranma. Not precisely the same thing.

: etc. Bimbo = Shampoo.

Ah, I see. You have your own personal definition of "bimbo," meaning "a
person who embodies all the bad opinions I hold about Shampoo."

I think I'll come up with a name to call you: Peewit.

Peewit: (noun) A person who embodies all the things I don't like about
Caroline Ann Seawright.

"There's glory for you."
-- Humpty Dumpty.

: Kun-chan...

Kun-chan is a peewit. *THPppph*

-- David Homerick

milt

Mar 27, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/27/96
In article <4j4on3$m...@news.csus.edu>, sac5...@saclink1.csus.edu (David G. Homerick) writes:
>Caroline Ann Seawright (kuno...@yoyo.cc.monash.edu.au) wrote:
>: Tony Chin <kch...@gl.umbc.edu> writes:
>

>: > 3. Shampoo - Positives: She's cute and she can cook.

>: > Negatives: Her voice. She's too pushy. She won't go away
>: > when asked. Wanted to kill anyone in her way.
>
>: You forgot 'She's a bimbo'
>
>Define "bimbo."
>
>-- David Homerick.

i don't think she's a bimbo. i would pick her over any of them. she's a hottie.

Milt

Matsuura-kun

Mar 27, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/27/96
>> What is it everyone has against Shampoo?!?
>
>How about the fact that she has the brains of a roasted chestnut?

Aw come one... airheads are not that bad... also, SHE'S CHINESE!!!!

>>Look at Akane
>>she's nothing. I mean name one thing about her that's good.
>
>(Cracking knuckles.)
>She's cute, persistant, smart, athletic, loyal, trustworthy, and
>dependable. She knows she's bad at arts and crafts, but she never gives
>up and pours her heart into everything she does. She could run off to
>any guy she wanted but she never give in to temptation. Despite her
>temper, she is very loving and caring. She ... Oh, wait, you only wanted
>one reason. Well, take your pick.

I think one quote fits here but it's from Godai-kun--"The girl I
love is short-tempered, always jealous, stubborn.... but that's what I
love about her" tte imashita.....

PsychoKick

Mar 27, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/27/96
In article <4j9egn$5...@mark.ucdavis.edu>, ez04...@rocky.ucdavis.edu
says...

>Come on people, if there's one thing we know for sure in this uncertain
>universe, one piece of self-eveident truth, one lesson learned from
>countless ranma manga, tv series, OAV and movies is that Akane is
>UNCUTE!!!

Uh, then WHY is half of the male population of Furinkan High
School after her? Ranma is the only person who calls her "uncute". She
isn't really "uncute", Ranma's just bugging her and being a jerk.

--
-PsychoKick
Visit my webpage!

Matsuura-kun

Mar 27, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/27/96
>wt...@cornell.edu (PsychoKick) wrote:
>In article <4j9egn$5...@mark.ucdavis.edu>, ez04...@rocky.ucdavis.edu
>says...
>
>>Come on people, if there's one thing we know for sure in this uncertain
>>universe, one piece of self-eveident truth, one lesson learned from
>>countless ranma manga, tv series, OAV and movies is that Akane is
>>UNCUTE!!!
>
> Uh, then WHY is half of the male population of Furinkan High
>School after her? Ranma is the only person who calls her "uncute". She
>isn't really "uncute", Ranma's just bugging her and being a jerk.

For the basic MACHO goals... popularity, success, male ego,
domination, ALL TO MATCH Kuno's bold challenge.

But Akane IS cute--thought I loved her with long hair. She's the
cutest... come on... how can you expect a cutsie not to be jealous,
rough, hard-to-get, gentle when the mood is right... etc.... Akane is
cute.

Jason Heavensrun

Mar 27, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/27/96
I vote for Cologne because nobody else on the planet would ever expect
that.

Caroline Ann Seawright

Mar 27, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/27/96
Jason Heavensrun <s...@okstate.edu> writes:
>All About Ranma wrote:
>>Marmalade Boy <Da...@brown.edu> wrote:
>Brides or fiancees? He ended up with three fiancee's(Ukyou, Shampoo, and
>Akane.) Am I the only one who's realized that Ranma was never engaged to
>Kodachi? Probably not, but I keep hearing people refer to her as one of
>his fiancees. he has no obligation to her, and furthermore, she is
>violating the martial artist's code of honor (Which ranma & co. cherish)
>simply by continuing to pursue him.

Actually Shampoo isn't his fiancee. She just calls him her husband... No-one
got Ranma and Shampoo engaged, and Ranma didn't propose to Shampoo... So,
how did she suddenly get status of 'fiancee'? Only Akane and Ukyou are his
fiancees... (Also, the same that you said for Kodachi goes for Shampoo...
Her going outside her village stopped that law from being in effect, since
the outside world has a different custom for getting engaged...)

Kun-chan...

Caroline Ann Seawright

Mar 27, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/27/96
ez04...@rocky.ucdavis.edu (Alexis Barrera) writes:
>Caroline Ann Seawright (kuno...@yoyo.cc.monash.edu.au) wrote:
>: What's good about Akane? She cares about people, even her enemies. She
>: tries to HELP her enemies, even after they attacked her. She tries to
>: find good in people. She's cute. She tries very hard to do things for
> ^^^^^^^^^^
>Come on people, if there's one thing we know for sure in this uncertain
>universe, one piece of self-eveident truth, one lesson learned from
>countless ranma manga, tv series, OAV and movies is that Akane is UNCUTE!!!

Oh? When? I think you need glasses... Even Ranma thinks she's cute (except
when she's angry). And have a look at her in her wedding dress! She is
*beautiful*!! And even Ranma says so!

>: Ranma. She sacrifices her life for the one she loves. (Don't see Shampoo
>: doing that!) She doesn't try to murder people, too.
> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>What about offering tastes of her cooking to others!

I said 'trying to murder people' not 'accidentally giving people poison'
In that cold noodle episode, Shampoo (and Cologne) KNOWINGLY gave everybody
the noodles that kills people, just to get their money back for buying the
leathal noodles! Ranma, Kunou and Ryouga end up in the after life a few
times in that episode! (Though they come back, just to try to get the
special (misleadingly advertised) noodle.) They even set up a special area
for everyone to talk about their afterlife experiences, and a sign saying
'Welcome back to life!' there. I'd call THAT 'trying to murder people',
NOT Akane's cooking!

Kun-chan...

Kun-chan...

Caroline Ann Seawright

Mar 27, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/27/96
ko...@eswat.demon.co.uk (Kotus) writes:

>>>Brides or fiancees? He ended up with three fiancee's(Ukyou, Shampoo, and

>>>Akane.) Am I the only one who's realized that Ranma was never engaged to
>>>Kodachi?

>>Since when did Ranma get engaged to Shampoo? AFAIK, Genma's never

>>accepted anything from Shampoo or Cologne.

>Ranma defeated Shampoo in a martial arts contest, in female form. Under
>Shampoo's Amazonian code, defeat by another female meant she then had to
>kill her opponent (to regain her honour I guess). But under the same code,
>if Shampoo was defeated by a male, she had to marry him.

>So when she found out that Ranma was (mostly!) male, she became his
>self-appointed fiancee...

Ah, but just because Shampoo *thinks* she's his wife doesn't mean she's
his fiancee. Especially since they both have different customs. If she
wasn't engaged to Ranma by his father, or if Ranma didn't propose to her,
then she is NOT his fiancee. (And the Amazon code doesn't work anywhere
outside the village, anyway... What moron in their right mind would go
along with such a rule?)

Kun-chan...

Jason Heavensrun

Mar 27, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/27/96
The only problem with Shampoo is that she treats men pretty badly. If
you worship the ground she walks on, then she turns you into a duck and
locks you in a cage. If you're indifferent, she parks a bike on your
face, then hugs you full in the knowledge that doing so will result in a
cranial injury from one of your other fiancees. Then she pumps you full
of mind altering drugs and tries to marry you. Then lunch comes along
and....

Mr. Charles Son

Mar 27, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/27/96
On Tue, 26 Mar 1996 23:45:26 GMT, Kotus (ko...@eswat.demon.co.uk) said...

>Ranma defeated Shampoo in a martial arts contest, in female form. Under
>Shampoo's Amazonian code, defeat by another female meant she then had to
>kill her opponent (to regain her honour I guess). But under the same code,
>if Shampoo was defeated by a male, she had to marry him.
>
>So when she found out that Ranma was (mostly!) male, she became his
>self-appointed fiancee...

Actually, when he defeated Shampoo as she was about to attack Akane, that was
when she became (by her law) engaged to him. She ran away to China when Ranma
said that he was always a girl.

She came back to Japan with twice the love when she found out that Ranma was
actually a guy.

Charles.
cs...@ix.netcom.com

milt

Mar 27, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/27/96
In article <4j5753$p...@umbc7.umbc.edu>, syd...@umbc.edu (Ryoko) writes:
>>> HEY WAIT... Ranma is pretty sexy her/himself... (What am I saying)
>>
>>Well, if one were bi... and if Ranma weren't the sort to freak out if
>>anyone made a pass at his female side... he/she'd be hard to beat as
>>a date :)
>
> Now you people are just getting sick.
>
> What is it everyone has against Shampoo?!? I mean sure she's a little
>"off." But life with her would be interesting and fun. Look at Akane
>she's nothing. I mean name one thing about her that's good.
> Sure she loves Ranma and he loves her. Really Ranma doesn't deserve
>Shampoo (or the others).
>
> Sydney

i agree whole heartedly. over all of them i would pick Shampoo. she may be a
little off, but the again, so am i, so...

Frank

Mar 27, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/27/96

On 26 Mar 1996, Jason Heavensrun wrote:

<snip>

> >So how many would be brides did Ranma end up with anyway???
> >
> Brides or fiancees? He ended up with three fiancee's(Ukyou, Shampoo, and
> Akane.) Am I the only one who's realized that Ranma was never engaged to

> Kodachi? Probably not, but I keep hearing people refer to her as one of
> his fiancees. he has no obligation to her, and furthermore, she is
> violating the martial artist's code of honor (Which ranma & co. cherish)
> simply by continuing to pursue him.

All of which is true, but I can illuminate the problem with two simple
questions. Would YOU want to be the one to tell Kodachi she is NOT
engaged to Ranma? And if so, what are your burial instructions?

FW

Jason Heavensrun

Mar 27, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/27/96
KLAK-SH-KINK! ---LURK MODE DISABLED---

sac5...@saclink1.csus.edu (David G. Homerick) wrote:
>Caroline Ann Seawright (kuno...@yoyo.cc.monash.edu.au) wrote:

>: sac5...@saclink1.csus.edu (David G. Homerick) writes:
>: >Caroline Ann Seawright (kuno...@yoyo.cc.monash.edu.au) wrote:

>: >: You forgot 'She's a bimbo'
>: >Define "bimbo."

WHRRRRRRRRRRR-KLIK ATTACK MODE ENGAGED.....

>: No brains that she uses herself,
>
>Oh, she has BRAINS... She just doesn't use them in a socially acceptable

>manner. Stupid people can't be sneaky.

Stupid people can be sneaky when their opponents are other stupid people.
(let's face it, Ranma isn't exactly a brainiac) Anyway, 90% of Shampoo's
plans come from Cologne anyway.

>: all looks,
>
>I think you just said that.
>
>: not caring a thing about how others feel, just as long as she's happy,
>
>One of the more unusual definitions of "bimbo."
>
>Sure she's selfish. What does that have to do with anything?

I see. This is a positive trait to you? So you must have last dated in,
like, when, the 1400's? I tend not to get along with selfish people, as
they don't care about my feelings. Most people tend to dislike selfish
people. It's just kind of human nature.

>: a mind that she doesn't use,
>
>You *definitely* just said that.

Repetition represents emphasis. We put emphasis on things by repeating
them. We focus a readers attention on a single point by restating it in
different ways.

>: only wants to get into bed with Ranma,
>
>She wants to *marry* Ranma. Not precisely the same thing.

So what do married people do? Anyway, it's clear she doesn't love him
for his mind or personality, since she hasn't taken two seconds to get to
know him on a personal basis, (Not that he's especially deep,) so she has
to either love him for his body, or because of her tribal law. Either
way, there is nothing to build a long-term relationship on.

>: etc. Bimbo = Shampoo.
>
>Ah, I see. You have your own personal definition of "bimbo," meaning "a
>person who embodies all the bad opinions I hold about Shampoo."

Actually, I think she meant, "These are the things that make a bimbo,
shampoo exhibits these symptoms, therefore she is a bimbo"

>I think I'll come up with a name to call you: Peewit.
>
>Peewit: (noun) A person who embodies all the things I don't like about
>Caroline Ann Seawright.

This was a very unnessecary attack on Kun-chan. It's a sad sad world
when we are reduced to name calling to prove our point. So there, you
Phlandarb!!

Phlandarb: (noun) A type of gooey pastry served on the planet Korritah in
the Palpatine Sector of the outer rim. See also: VOMIT BALL

>"There's glory for you."
> -- Humpty Dumpty.
>
>: Kun-chan...
>
>Kun-chan is a peewit. *THPppph*
>
>-- David Homerick

David Homerick is a Phlandarb. *PblPblPblPbl*

Jason Heavensrun

Mar 27, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/27/96

>i don't think she's a bimbo. i would pick her over any of them. she's a hottie.

Define "Hottie". It was my understanding that this is referring to
someone's physical appearance. (which is all she would really have to
offer anyway,)
You want Shampoo, go beat her up. She needs a good hit in the head to
rattle the pea around and make her think a little.

Jason Heavensrun

Mar 27, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/27/96
I hereby declare myself Akane's Champion in the R'sBB wars. I call out
for allies, if there are any availible.

ez04...@rocky.ucdavis.edu (Alexis Barrera) wrote:

>Come on people, if there's one thing we know for sure in this uncertain
>universe, one piece of self-eveident truth, one lesson learned from
>countless ranma manga, tv series, OAV and movies is that Akane is UNCUTE!!!

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.......This is a pointless attack and is easily disproved.
218 male members of the student body used to throw themselves into
dangerous and painful combat(even if they had -no- fighting skill
whatsoever,) just to go out with her. Kuno-sempai(who may be dumb, but
sure knows beauty when he sees it,) thinks that she is radiantly
beautiful. Ranma himself has admitted that she is cute on numerous
occasions, although he won't say it to her face, Gosunkugi, the most
hopeless coward in the entire series, is still willing to risk his neck
for her. -She- is the one who always gets picked when somebody needs a
wife, and the fact that Ranma tries so damn hard to get her back is
further evidence of a lack of indifference on his part. Ukyou and
Shampoo view her as a threat to their own relationships with Ranma, so
they can't think too little of her appearance. The 'uncute' label was
slapped on her when Ranma was angry at her. Quite frankly, I think she's
cuter when she's mad. Shinnosuke thought she was cute, and Ryoga would
throw himself from a cliff if she looked at him funny.

She doesn't try to murder people, too.
> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>
>What about offering tastes of her cooking to others!

Furthermore, I indicate that Akane is not as hopeless at cooking as
everyone says. She is steadily improving and can make edible food from
time to time. She didn't even try until about a year ago(continuity
time), and even Kasumi was bad when she was first learning. If she
doesn't practice, she can't possibly improve. Even if her cooking is bad
now, it's still made with more love than anything I've ever microwaved,
and she never once _thought_ it would be poison.

Benjamin Avry Goldstein

Mar 27, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/27/96
sms...@pop.uky.edu writes:
> As a Nabiki fan, I think you seriously misjudge Nabiki-sama.
>
> First off, if you weren't financially secure (and bloody rich) in the first place,
> you'd not have a chance with her.

I don't know about that The most logicall reason that she
hasn't blackmailed Ryouga into slavery is that she's attracted
to him, though she wouldn't admit it, I mean he's so gulable
she could just say "Ryouga, what do you wish to give me to keep
me from telling your secret" and he'd give anything and blame
ranma for it!

> Second, once she had you legally tied down by marriage, she'd use every
> means within her power to wrest that cash from your hands into hers. Before
> you'd even realize it, you'd be out in the gutter (unless she decided to keep
> you around for her personal pleasure) and she'd be sitting pretty.
>
> That is what I envision happening to Kuno-chan someday.

This however makes A ton of sense.
--
Only two principles are important in this world;
(1) Love of humankind
(2) Love of God
Let all your acts be commentary on these principles.

Finn

Mar 27, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/27/96
syd...@umbc.edu (Ryoko) wrote:
Look at Akane
>she's nothing. I mean name one thing about her that's good.

Come off it - she cares about Ranma, in a way Shampoo, Kodachi, etc.
simply don't. Maybe they're both too stubborn to admit it though. All
those other relationships are simply one-dimensional obsessions things.

> Sure she loves Ranma and he loves her. Really Ranma doesn't deserve
>Shampoo (or the others).

Damn right, they love each other. Now if they'd only admit it...
As for whether Ranma deserves the attention of all the others, well he's
such an arrogant jerk sometimes he deserves some kind of punishment, and
I'm not sure I could think up a worse one than all the hassles caused by
the attentions of all his sweethearts!

Depressed

Mar 27, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/27/96
1: Akane, she's -so- perfect. I dunno, but I get mad when Ranma makes fun
of her

2:Ukyo, Kawaii tomboy like Akane, plus she's a great cook. And she uses
the word RanChan alot, plus she loves Ranma.

3: Shampoo, because she's a lot smarter than people say.

Adam Marshall | Depr...@aol.com|
________________________________
Bean-...@msn.com| Anime/Manga

Dragon Ball/Dragon Ball Z, Ranma 1/2,
Maison Ikkoku, Dragon Quest, Tokyo
Babylon, X, Ah! My Goddess, and anything
I forgot.

@_@ "Kame Hame Ha!"

Marmalade Boy

Mar 27, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/27/96
depr...@aol.com (Depressed) wrote:
>1: Akane, she's -so- perfect. I dunno, but I get mad when Ranma makes fun
>of her

I just smile in anticipation... you know that Ranma's gonna get a
big kick in the ass.

Alexis Barrera

Mar 27, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/27/96
[...]

Hey, just cause she's desirable (strong, noble, attractive) doesn't mean
she's CUTE. That's why Ranma has so little trouble calling her uncute all
the time. He wouldn't say it if it weren't true. I'll tell ya who's cute,
Nukku Nukku from the cat girl series.

: Furthermore, I indicate that Akane is not as hopeless at cooking as

: everyone says. She is steadily improving and can make edible food from
: time to time. She didn't even try until about a year ago(continuity
: time), and even Kasumi was bad when she was first learning. If she
: doesn't practice, she can't possibly improve. Even if her cooking is bad
: now, it's still made with more love than anything I've ever microwaved,
: and she never once _thought_ it would be poison.

Not quite. You've seen Ryouga, think he'll ever improve his sense of
direction? Akane's affliction is no less likely to disappear without gene
therapy or at least years of therapy.
If she doesn't think it's poison, why is she never the first to taste the
stuff she just made.

Ryoko

Mar 27, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/27/96
In article <4jatrs$h...@news.cis.okstate.edu>,

Sounds like fun to me...

Alexis Barrera

Mar 27, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/27/96
Jason Heavensrun (s...@okstate.edu) wrote:

: I see. This is a positive trait to you? So you must have last dated in,

: like, when, the 1400's? I tend not to get along with selfish people, as
: they don't care about my feelings. Most people tend to dislike selfish
: people. It's just kind of human nature.

God, enough with this selfish thing, WE'RE ALL SELFISH. Like anyone in
this planet has ever done ANYTHING that they do not profit from in some
way. Its PHYSICALLY IMPOSSIBLE to do anything against your will (except
dying, or acts commited while unconscious/no longer self-aware). Too bad
that the only people who can at least admit their selfish are shunned by
society and called selfish.
You are always rewarded by: a)pleasure b)lack of pain c)preservation of
your genes d)satisfaction you chose the lesser of two evils and can thus
remain sain.
It's as simple as that.

Douglas Leonard

Mar 27, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/27/96
> : > HEY WAIT... Ranma is pretty sexy her/himself... (What am I saying)
>
> : Like none of us have ever thought that? But Ranma-chan would probably
> : be just as violent as Akane if you tried to do anything with her.
> : Don't forget Ranma it Mikado 501 times just for kissing him while in
> : girl-type. Imagine how many times for anything else! (Kuno felt as
> : felt him up a couple times...I don't understand how he is still
> : breathing!)
>
> : So how many would be brides did Ranma end up with anyway???
>
> So you haven't seen the manga where Ranma steps in front of the doubling
> mirror..

That one kicks butt. I love how it ended like a Urusei Yatsura story. In other words
they didn't bother resolving it. In other words there could be a both an extra male and
an extra female Ranma roaming around. The problem is they looked to be infatuated with
each other. That, I thought, was a little more sick than thinking the female Ranma is
good looking.

<DL>

Douglas Leonard

Mar 27, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/27/96
> In article <4j8jtk$k...@news.cis.okstate.edu>,

> Jason Heavensrun <s...@okstate.edu> wrote:
>
> >>So how many would be brides did Ranma end up with anyway???
>
> >Brides or fiancees? He ended up with three fiancee's(Ukyou, Shampoo, and
> >Akane.) Am I the only one who's realized that Ranma was never engaged to
> >Kodachi?

> At least in Nettoohen, Genma accepted a dowry for Kodachi (right
> in front of Sooun!). Once, Ranma and Genma actually lived with
> Kodachi in the Kunoo manshion. They never shacked up at Nekohanten,
> AFAIK.

What about the times Genma traded away Ranma as a baby for food? There are at least
two bonus fiancees there.
<DL>

Douglas Leonard

Mar 27, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/27/96
Jason Heavensrun wrote:

> I hereby declare myself Akane's Champion in the R'sBB wars. I call out
> for allies, if there are any availible.

What about her incredible stupidity? It doesn't look by manga 30 that
she's figured out that Ryoga and P-chan are the same.

<DL>

Jourdan M. Bickham

Mar 27, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/27/96
On 27 Mar 1996, Jason Heavensrun wrote:

> I vote for Cologne because nobody else on the planet would ever expect
> that.

You're sick !!

'Flash' N. Ngo

Mar 27, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/27/96
to Kheve

Ah!! How easy you forget. Money isn't everything. Marrying
Nibiki would be marry a tyranncial matriarch and that is no relationship.

The Flash

On 26 Mar 1996, Kheve wrote:

> Hey Hey,
> I think you're all a bit nut not to think of Nabiki
> To me, Nabiki is a Dream come True. Can't you imagined it....
> With Nabiki by your side you'll never worry about financial
> problems. Not to mention she's (In my opinion) prettiest of all
> 3 tendo's sister. She's playful yet smart. So I ask you all...
> Is she not great if she's to be with you?????Kasumi???Nah too
> boring.Akane????HAHAHAHAHA(Rolling on the floor laughing my head out)
> Shampoo????Too Violent.Ukyou????*sigh* , Kodachi?????????Only
> Madman would like her.So all in all I must say that Nabiki is
> By Far THE BEST BABE IN RANMA 1/2

Knight of the Black Rose

Mar 27, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/27/96
In article <4j4on3$m...@news.csus.edu>, sac5...@saclink1.csus.edu (David G. Homerick) writes:
> Caroline Ann Seawright (kuno...@yoyo.cc.monash.edu.au) wrote:
> : Tony Chin <kch...@gl.umbc.edu> writes:
>

> : > 3. Shampoo - Positives: She's cute and she can cook.
>
> : > Negatives: Her voice. She's too pushy. She won't go away
> : > when asked. Wanted to kill anyone in her way.

> : You forgot 'She's a bimbo'

Shirley! You can't be serious.
Try and prove it baby.

--
--I--am--- \ / Dub no one. \ /
Darksphere (|) The subtitles are out there. (|)

were...@wyllie.wcape.school.za

Mar 28, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/28/96
In article <4jc8jq$r...@mark.ucdavis.edu>, ez04...@rocky.ucdavis.edu (Alexis Barrera) writes:

> God, enough with this selfish thing, WE'RE ALL SELFISH. Like anyone in
> this planet has ever done ANYTHING that they do not profit from in some
> way. Its PHYSICALLY IMPOSSIBLE to do anything against your will (except
> dying, or acts commited while unconscious/no longer self-aware). Too bad
> that the only people who can at least admit their selfish are shunned by
> society and called selfish.
> You are always rewarded by: a)pleasure b)lack of pain c)preservation of
> your genes d)satisfaction you chose the lesser of two evils and can thus
> remain sain.
> It's as simple as that.

Hey, hey hey!!! Chilll! This is not alt.philosophy (if there is one).
This is a discussion about the good and bad things about girls
from Ramna, not the PROBLEMS of society. You wanna talk about it, e-mail me
or whatever, otherwise stick to the thread.
Oh yeah - and Kasumi gets my vote.

ษออออออออออออออออออป
บ The Werewolf บ
ศออออออออออออออออออผ

David G. Homerick

Mar 28, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/28/96
Jason Heavensrun (s...@okstate.edu) wrote:
: KLAK-SH-KINK! ---LURK MODE DISABLED---

: sac5...@saclink1.csus.edu (David G. Homerick) wrote:

: >Caroline Ann Seawright (kuno...@yoyo.cc.monash.edu.au) wrote:

: >: sac5...@saclink1.csus.edu (David G. Homerick) writes:
: >: >Caroline Ann Seawright (kuno...@yoyo.cc.monash.edu.au) wrote:

: >: >: You forgot 'She's a bimbo'
: >: >Define "bimbo."

: WHRRRRRRRRRRR-KLIK ATTACK MODE ENGAGED.....

... brain switched off....

: >: No brains that she uses herself,

: >
: >Oh, she has BRAINS... She just doesn't use them in a socially acceptable
: >manner. Stupid people can't be sneaky.

: Stupid people can be sneaky when their opponents are other stupid people.

So if everyone in the series is stupid, then why does Shampoo get singled
out as exceptionally stupid? In fact, Shampoo is brighter than half the
people in the series, and the ones who *are* brighter aren't that much
brighter, with the main exceptions being Nabiki, Cologne, and Tofu.

: >: all looks,

: >
: >I think you just said that.
: >
: >: not caring a thing about how others feel, just as long as she's happy,
: >
: >One of the more unusual definitions of "bimbo."
: >
: >Sure she's selfish. What does that have to do with anything?

: I see. This is a positive trait to you?

Did I say it was a positive trait? I did not. Please do me the courtesy
of comprehending my statements before you attack me for making them.

Ms. Seawright made the claim that Shampoo was a "bimbo," then backed it
up with the observation that she was self-centered. I pointed out that
few definitons of "bimbo" include the trait of self-centeredness -- in
fact, Ms. Seawright's personal definition is the only one I've come
across that does.

: >: a mind that she doesn't use,

: >
: >You *definitely* just said that.

: Repetition represents emphasis. We put emphasis on things by repeating
: them. We focus a readers attention on a single point by restating it in
: different ways.

Some of us also attempt to hide the fact that we have very little to say by
repeating ourselves until we seem to have said a great deal. Ms.
Seawright had three "reasons" why Shampoo is a "bimbo," but tried to pad
them out to five.

: >: only wants to get into bed with Ranma,

: >
: >She wants to *marry* Ranma. Not precisely the same thing.

: So what do married people do?

Are you saying there is no more to marriage than mere carnal knowledge?

: Anyway, it's clear she doesn't love him

: for his mind or personality, since she hasn't taken two seconds to get to
: know him on a personal basis, (Not that he's especially deep,) so she has
: to either love him for his body, or because of her tribal law. Either
: way, there is nothing to build a long-term relationship on.

So how many infatuated sixteen-year-olds have a clear grasp of the
personalities of the objects of their affections? Shampoo's romantic
notions aren't that unusual, and are no more extreme than those of anyone
else in the series.

: >: etc. Bimbo = Shampoo.

: >
: >Ah, I see. You have your own personal definition of "bimbo," meaning "a
: >person who embodies all the bad opinions I hold about Shampoo."

: Actually, I think she meant, "These are the things that make a bimbo,
: shampoo exhibits these symptoms, therefore she is a bimbo"

Certainly she MEANT that, but she completely failed to make the link
between Shampoo's character and any standard definition of the word "bimbo."

: >I think I'll come up with a name to call you: Peewit.

: >
: >Peewit: (noun) A person who embodies all the things I don't like about
: >Caroline Ann Seawright.

: This was a very unnessecary attack on Kun-chan.

This was a very necessary and proper demonstration of the process by
which "Kun-chan" derived the idea "Shampoo is a bimbo," done in the hope of
her eventual enlightenment.

: It's a sad sad world

: when we are reduced to name calling to prove our point. So there, you
: Phlandarb!!

: Phlandarb: (noun) A type of gooey pastry served on the planet Korritah in
: the Palpatine Sector of the outer rim. See also: VOMIT BALL

Congratulations. You have managed to ape the form of my argument while
entirely missing its point. I refer you to the following quote:

: >"There's glory for you."
: > -- Humpty Dumpty.

Please consult the corresponding passage in THROUGH THE LOOKING GLASS by
"Lewis Carroll," in which Alice and the philosopher-egg discuss the proper
usage of language, with specific attention paid to the question of
whether it is acceptable to arbitrarily redefine words.

: >: Kun-chan...

: >
: >Kun-chan is a peewit. *THPppph*
: >
: >-- David Homerick

: David Homerick is a Phlandarb. *PblPblPblPbl*

Jason Heavensrun is a fool, but perhaps he can learn wisdom.

-- David Homerick.

Benjamin Avry Goldstein

Mar 28, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/28/96
Finn writes:
> syd...@umbc.edu (Ryoko) wrote:
> Look at Akane
> >she's nothing. I mean name one thing about her that's good.
>
> Come off it - she cares about Ranma, in a way Shampoo, Kodachi, etc.
> simply don't. Maybe they're both too stubborn to admit it though. All
> those other relationships are simply one-dimensional obsessions things.

Ukyou also loves him, but she is probably mistaking a
friendship for a love of the opposite sex (not saying that teh
love of opposite sex cannot occur between teh same sex nor that
the opposite sex can't be friends: about opposite sex being
friends I believe that it is very possible to occur.)

(snipping) Ranma's

> such an arrogant jerk sometimes he deserves some kind of punishment, and
> I'm not sure I could think up a worse one than all the hassles caused by
> the attentions of all his sweethearts!

It's also ironic that if Akane were to react in steriotypical
female ways to insults etc. Ranma would understand her better
and treat her better, but on the other hand he wouldn't love
her as he does.

Alexis Barrera

Mar 28, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/28/96
were...@wyllie.wcape.school.za wrote:

: Hey, hey hey!!! Chilll! This is not alt.philosophy (if there is one).

: This is a discussion about the good and bad things about girls
: from Ramna, not the PROBLEMS of society. You wanna talk about it, e-mail me
: or whatever, otherwise stick to the thread.
: Oh yeah - and Kasumi gets my vote.

I know, I know. It just tears me up inside to hear non-believers talk bad
stuff about shampoo ...

Jason Heavensrun

Mar 28, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/28/96
ez04...@rocky.ucdavis.edu (Alexis Barrera) wrote:
>Jason Heavensrun (s...@okstate.edu) wrote:
>
>:I see. This is a positive trait to you? So you must have last dated in,

>:like, when, the 1400's? I tend not to get along with selfish people,as
>:they don't care about my feelings. Most people tend to dislike selfish
>:people. It's just kind of human nature.
>
>God, enough with this selfish thing, WE'RE ALL SELFISH. Like anyone in
>this planet has ever done ANYTHING that they do not profit from in some
>way. Its PHYSICALLY IMPOSSIBLE to do anything against your will (except
>dying, or acts commited while unconscious/no longer self-aware). Too bad
>that the only people who can at least admit their selfish are shunned by
>society and called selfish.
>You are always rewarded by: a)pleasure b)lack of pain c)preservation of
>your genes d)satisfaction you chose the lesser of two evils and can thus
>remain sain.
>It's as simple as that.

If you truely believe that everyone on the planet is selfish, then I pity
you, because you must be surrounded by some really awful people.
Everyone has a bit of selfishness perhaps, but those who are -regarded-
as selfish are treated so not because they can confess to their
selfishness, (actually, admitting your faults is a very selfless act)
but because they are more selfish than a normal person. If you
completely disregard the feelings of others for your own benefit, then
you are a selfish person. If you occasionally act in your own benefit,
then you are not necsessarily selfish.

Caroline Ann Seawright

Mar 28, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/28/96
pw...@grove.iup.edu (milt) writes:

>In article <4j4on3$m...@news.csus.edu>, sac5...@saclink1.csus.edu (David G. Homerick) writes:
>>Caroline Ann Seawright (kuno...@yoyo.cc.monash.edu.au) wrote:
>>: Tony Chin <kch...@gl.umbc.edu> writes:
>>: > 3. Shampoo - Positives: She's cute and she can cook.
>>
>>: > Negatives: Her voice. She's too pushy. She won't go away
>>: > when asked. Wanted to kill anyone in her way.
>>: You forgot 'She's a bimbo'
>>Define "bimbo."
>i don't think she's a bimbo. i would pick her over any of them. she's a hottie.

Exactly what I'm saying. She's a body and nothing else. I can bet if she wasn't
so cute, you wouldn't give her a second glance. Shampoo is a total bimbo!

Kun-chan...

Caroline Ann Seawright

Mar 28, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/28/96
sac5...@saclink1.csus.edu (David G. Homerick) writes:
>Caroline Ann Seawright (kuno...@yoyo.cc.monash.edu.au) wrote:
>: sac5...@saclink1.csus.edu (David G. Homerick) writes:
>: >Caroline Ann Seawright (kuno...@yoyo.cc.monash.edu.au) wrote:
>: >: You forgot 'She's a bimbo'
>: >Define "bimbo."

>: only wants to get into bed with Ranma,
>She wants to *marry* Ranma. Not precisely the same thing.

No... If she wanted just to marry Ranma, she wouldn't have started stripping
down when Ranma asked to see her naked before she killed him. She's want to
marry him, then strip off, then kill him.

>: etc. Bimbo = Shampoo.
>Ah, I see. You have your own personal definition of "bimbo," meaning "a
>person who embodies all the bad opinions I hold about Shampoo."

>I think I'll come up with a name to call you: Peewit.

>Peewit: (noun) A person who embodies all the things I don't like about
>Caroline Ann Seawright.

>Kun-chan is a peewit. *THPppph*

Ah, such a nice, non insulting manner you have. Wow... He can insult people
rather than argue in a way that will win his case.

Kun-chan...

Caroline Ann Seawright

Mar 28, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/28/96
sac5...@saclink1.csus.edu (David G. Homerick) writes:
>Jason Heavensrun (s...@okstate.edu) wrote:
>: KLAK-SH-KINK! ---LURK MODE DISABLED---
>: sac5...@saclink1.csus.edu (David G. Homerick) wrote:
>: >Caroline Ann Seawright (kuno...@yoyo.cc.monash.edu.au) wrote:
>: >: sac5...@saclink1.csus.edu (David G. Homerick) writes:
>: >: >Caroline Ann Seawright (kuno...@yoyo.cc.monash.edu.au) wrote:
>: >: >: You forgot 'She's a bimbo'
>: >: >Define "bimbo."
>: WHRRRRRRRRRRR-KLIK ATTACK MODE ENGAGED.....
>... brain switched off....

See? He 'wins' his arguments by personally attacking people.

>: >: etc. Bimbo = Shampoo.
>: >Ah, I see. You have your own personal definition of "bimbo," meaning "a
>: >person who embodies all the bad opinions I hold about Shampoo."
>: Actually, I think she meant, "These are the things that make a bimbo,
>: shampoo exhibits these symptoms, therefore she is a bimbo"

Correct.

>Certainly she MEANT that, but she completely failed to make the link
>between Shampoo's character and any standard definition of the word "bimbo."

I think this guy's got his mind on Shampoo's body so missed her character...
A bimbo uses her body and not her brains. Shampoo does that. She also only
does what Cologne tells her to do - she doesn't seem to be able to come up
with her own plans, herself.

>: >I think I'll come up with a name to call you: Peewit.
>: >Peewit: (noun) A person who embodies all the things I don't like about
>: >Caroline Ann Seawright.
>: This was a very unnessecary attack on Kun-chan.
>This was a very necessary and proper demonstration of the process by
>which "Kun-chan" derived the idea "Shampoo is a bimbo," done in the hope of
>her eventual enlightenment.

No, it was just an attack on me, personally. Some people are so low it's
disgusting.

>: It's a sad sad world
>: when we are reduced to name calling to prove our point. So there, you
>: Phlandarb!!
>: Phlandarb: (noun) A type of gooey pastry served on the planet Korritah in
>: the Palpatine Sector of the outer rim. See also: VOMIT BALL
>Congratulations. You have managed to ape the form of my argument while
>entirely missing its point. I refer you to the following quote:

I think everyone who read your so called 'argument' saw it's point. It's
point was 'since she said something bad about Shampoo, I must insult her
and attack her in any way I can, just to get her back!'

>: >: Kun-chan...
>: >Kun-chan is a peewit. *THPppph*

>: David Homerick is a Phlandarb. *PblPblPblPbl*
>Jason Heavensrun is a fool, but perhaps he can learn wisdom.

And I guess that wasn't a personal attack, and it's another one of your
'points'?

Kun-chan...

Jason Heavensrun

Mar 28, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/28/96

"Mallet in the head" would be more accurate ;)

Jason Heavensrun

Mar 28, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/28/96
syd...@umbc.edu (Ryoko) wrote:
>In article <4jatrs$h...@news.cis.okstate.edu>,

>Jason Heavensrun <s...@okstate.edu> wrote:
>>The only problem with Shampoo is that she treats men pretty badly. If
>>you worship the ground she walks on, then she turns you into a duck and
>>locks you in a cage. If you're indifferent, she parks a bike on your
>>face, then hugs you full in the knowledge that doing so will result in a
>>cranial injury from one of your other fiancees. Then she pumps you full
>>of mind altering drugs and tries to marry you. Then lunch comes along
>>and....
>
> Sounds like fun to me...

Sounds like living hell to me.

Jason Heavensrun

Mar 28, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/28/96
ez04...@dale.ucdavis.edu (Alexis Barrera) wrote:
>Jason Heavensrun (s...@okstate.edu) wrote:
>
>: GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.......This is a pointless attack and is easily disproved.
>: 218 male members of the student body used to throw themselves into
>: dangerous and painful combat(even if they had -no- fighting skill
>: whatsoever,) just to go out with her. Kuno-sempai(who may be dumb, but
>: sure knows beauty when he sees it,) thinks that she is radiantly
>: beautiful. Ranma himself has admitted that she is cute on numerous
>: occasions, although he won't say it to her face, Gosunkugi, the most
>: hopeless coward in the entire series, is still willing to risk his neck
>: for her. -She- is the one who always gets picked when somebody needs a
>: wife, and the fact that Ranma tries so damn hard to get her back is
>: further evidence of a lack of indifference on his part. Ukyou and
>: Shampoo view her as a threat to their own relationships with Ranma, so
>: they can't think too little of her appearance. The 'uncute' label was
>: slapped on her when Ranma was angry at her. Quite frankly, I think she's
>: cuter when she's mad. Shinnosuke thought she was cute, and Ryoga would
>: throw himself from a cliff if she looked at him funny.
>
>Hey, just cause she's desirable (strong, noble, attractive) doesn't mean
>she's CUTE.

What do you think CUTE is? It means to be attractive. You're
contrasting your own statements.

>That's why Ranma has so little trouble calling her uncute all
>the time. He wouldn't say it if it weren't true.

Now THIS is a bald-faced lie. Ranma does not -believe she is uncute. He
says that when he's angry. He also says that she -is- cute when he's not
angry, so I suppose you're saying he's lying about that?

>: Furthermore, I indicate that Akane is not as hopeless at cooking as
>: everyone says. She is steadily improving and can make edible food from
>: time to time. She didn't even try until about a year ago(continuity
>: time), and even Kasumi was bad when she was first learning. If she
>: doesn't practice, she can't possibly improve. Even if her cooking is bad
>: now, it's still made with more love than anything I've ever microwaved,
>: and she never once _thought_ it would be poison.
>
>Not quite. You've seen Ryouga, think he'll ever improve his sense of
>direction? Akane's affliction is no less likely to disappear without gene
>therapy or at least years of therapy.

Ahem. She HAS improved. She can make edible curry, and she still tries
hard to make everything taste good (she's just bad at it.)

>If she doesn't think it's poison, why is she never the first to taste the
>stuff she just made.

Because she doesn't think it nescessary. She always thinks it's going to
be delicious, up until somebody passes out.

Caroline Ann Seawright

Mar 28, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/28/96
ez04...@dale.ucdavis.edu (Alexis Barrera) writes:
>Jason Heavensrun (s...@okstate.edu) wrote:
>: GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.......This is a pointless attack and is easily disproved.
>: 218 male members of the student body used to throw themselves into
>: dangerous and painful combat(even if they had -no- fighting skill
>: whatsoever,) just to go out with her. Kuno-sempai(who may be dumb, but
>: sure knows beauty when he sees it,) thinks that she is radiantly
>: beautiful. Ranma himself has admitted that she is cute on numerous
>: occasions, although he won't say it to her face, Gosunkugi, the most
>: hopeless coward in the entire series, is still willing to risk his neck
>: for her. -She- is the one who always gets picked when somebody needs a
>: wife, and the fact that Ranma tries so damn hard to get her back is
>: further evidence of a lack of indifference on his part. Ukyou and
>: Shampoo view her as a threat to their own relationships with Ranma, so
>: they can't think too little of her appearance. The 'uncute' label was
>: slapped on her when Ranma was angry at her. Quite frankly, I think she's
>: cuter when she's mad. Shinnosuke thought she was cute, and Ryoga would
>: throw himself from a cliff if she looked at him funny.
>Hey, just cause she's desirable (strong, noble, attractive) doesn't mean
>she's CUTE. That's why Ranma has so little trouble calling her uncute all
>the time. He wouldn't say it if it weren't true. I'll tell ya who's cute,
>Nukku Nukku from the cat girl series.

Then, if Ranma doesn't say what isn't true... why does he actually mean it
when he DOES call Akane cute? He may have trouble saying it, but that's not
because it's not the truth... it's because he's rather shy due to the fact
that he loves her.

>: Furthermore, I indicate that Akane is not as hopeless at cooking as
>: everyone says. She is steadily improving and can make edible food from
>: time to time. She didn't even try until about a year ago(continuity
>: time), and even Kasumi was bad when she was first learning. If she
>: doesn't practice, she can't possibly improve. Even if her cooking is bad
>: now, it's still made with more love than anything I've ever microwaved,
>: and she never once _thought_ it would be poison.
>Not quite. You've seen Ryouga, think he'll ever improve his sense of
>direction? Akane's affliction is no less likely to disappear without gene
>therapy or at least years of therapy.

>If she doesn't think it's poison, why is she never the first to taste the
>stuff she just made.

Then, why did she get better at cooking in the manga if her affliction isn't
going to be fixed? She cooked quite a normal curry, but everyone only found
this out when Kasumi tried it!

Kun-chan...

ranma_loves_ranma-chan

Mar 28, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/28/96
Douglas Leonard <ra...@u.washington.edu> wrote:

><DL>

I missed that one! Actually, I'm sad to say that my sole contact with
the manga has been a few stray issues that popped up in the local
comic book store and the graphic novels in the books store (haven't
bought any of those as they were pretty beat up).

The fact that Ranma and his double were infatuated makes sense. (I've
always wondered what happened to those pictures Nabiki sold Kuno!)
Probably a bit too lemon for some people...

Benjamin Avry Goldstein

Mar 28, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/28/96
kuno...@yoyo.cc.monash.edu.au writes:

> ez04...@dale.ucdavis.edu (Alexis Barrera) writes:
> >Not quite. You've seen Ryouga, think he'll ever improve his sense of
> >direction? Akane's affliction is no less likely to disappear without gene
> >therapy or at least years of therapy.
>
> Then, why did she get better at cooking in the manga if her affliction isn't
> going to be fixed? She cooked quite a normal curry, but everyone only found
> this out when Kasumi tried it!

Wait if Kasume tried it first the Anime laws change. For
example: Ryouga might find his way somewhere if kasume tells
him how to get there. If Akane gets angry at KAsume (how could
that happen-I have no clue!) the Mallet would NEVER appear; she
couldn't even mallet ranma for weeks if she even thought of
malleting Kasume. RAmpaging monsters probably have tea with
her on a regular basis and even they are very civilized and
apologize when they forget to wipe their feet coming in.

A rel-Manga/anime example is that the most intellegent
character immediately becomes the least intellegent character
even if he (yes Tofu) hears mention of something which reminds
him of her.

What I am saying is that just because KAsume tried the food
first negates any poisonous effect immedaitely In all the food.

> Kun-chan...

J Brichta

Mar 28, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/28/96
In article <3159B7...@u.washington.edu>,

Hey! Look how long it took Lois Lane (an extremely intelligent, albiet
imaginary, woman) to figure out that Clark Kent and Superman were the same!
And they were of similar build and everything.

Ronin

The one who watches...

Alexis Barrera

Mar 28, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/28/96
Jason Heavensrun (s...@okstate.edu) wrote:

: What do you think CUTE is? It means to be attractive. You're
: contrasting your own statements.

The way I see it, you can be attractive because you are cute, but the two
are not synonims. I guess I'd define cuteness as some sort of childlike/
inocent/playful behavior. Akane has acted cute in the past, like in
the first series after the haircut, but most of the time she's not
very playful.

: Now THIS is a bald-faced lie. Ranma does not -believe she is uncute. He

: says that when he's angry. He also says that she -is- cute when he's not
: angry, so I suppose you're saying he's lying about that?

I don't thinkit's a lie, especially if he says it when he's angry. That's
when people are most likely to let out their true opinions. I think he
calls her this cause it's the only trait of Akane's personality he dislikes.

: Ahem. She HAS improved. She can make edible curry, and she still tries

: hard to make everything taste good (she's just bad at it.)

Consider the following graph:

GOOD | Most character flaws in the series improve
| a little over time (Ryouga did get to the
NORMAL |+++++++++++ gym. match on time once) but they stabilize
| _------ after a while and never become normal.
BAD |___/
------------
1 2 3

Akane's cooking will never meet the FDAs standards for human consumption.

: Because she doesn't think it nescessary. She always thinks it's going to

: be delicious, up until somebody passes out.

Ok, granted she's a bit of an air head and has no long term memory.

Alexis Barrera

Mar 28, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/28/96
Caroline Ann Seawright (kuno...@yoyo.cc.monash.edu.au) wrote:

: Then, why did she get better at cooking in the manga if her affliction isn't

: going to be fixed? She cooked quite a normal curry, but everyone only found
: this out when Kasumi tried it!

Even Ryouga gets licky once in a while.

Knight of the Black Rose

Mar 28, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/28/96
In article <kunoichi....@yoyo.cc.monash.edu.au>, kuno...@yoyo.cc.monash.edu.au (Caroline Ann Seawright) writes:
> syd...@umbc.edu (Ryoko) writes:
>> What is it everyone has against Shampoo?!? I mean sure she's a little
>>"off." But life with her would be interesting and fun. Look at Akane
>
> Okay... She's a bimbo... All looks and nothing else. She's selfish...
She's strong, a good fighter, and has love.

> She doesn't care about anyone but herself.
What about the time she stopped Ranma from beating up Mousse?
She couldn't stand him being bullied by Ranma and so scared Ranma off?
She saved Mousse when he feel in Movie 2.

> She doesn't care about Ranma,
In the 1st movie, she saved Ranma's butt in a fight when his goal was to get to
Akane.

> or else she wouldn't totally ignore his happiness. She wants to kill
> people
Wanting to kill people? There are situations when she must kill people to
uphold honor and tradition.

> She's brain dead.
By defination, she wouldn't be able to walk if she were brain dead.

> She only wants to get into Ranma's pants. What
Correction, she wants to marry Ranma.

> good is there in Shampoo? Fun? Only if you like being totally uncared
> for...

She has love. If she didn't care, she wouldn't have run off crying when she
found out that Ranma-chan and Ranma-kun were the same. She should have killed
he but she couldn't bring herself to do it. She was crushed.

Really, I can't believe how someone can have so much spite for an animated
character to say all these nasty things about Shampoo without thinking about
them. Well, yes I can. But really, you should really think about what you
say.

Depressed

Mar 28, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/28/96

>: What do you think CUTE is? It means to be attractive. You're
>: contrasting your own statements.

>The way I see it, you can be attractive because you are cute, but the two

>are not synonims. I guess I'd define cuteness as some sort of childlike/
>inocent/playful behavior. Akane has acted cute in the past, like in
>the first series after the haircut, but most of the time she's not
>very playful.

Cute in Ranma context does not mean playfulness. It means sexual
attractiveness.

>: Now THIS is a bald-faced lie. Ranma does not -believe she is uncute.
He
>: says that when he's angry. He also says that she -is- cute when he's
not
>: angry, so I suppose you're saying he's lying about that?

>I don't thinkit's a lie, especially if he says it when he's angry. That's

>when people are most likely to let out their true opinions. I think he
>calls her this cause it's the only trait of Akane's personality he
dislikes.

It's been fairly obvious that Ranma doesn't think she uncute for some
time. That's one of the biggest story elements in the series. Come on.

>: Ahem. She HAS improved. She can make edible curry, and she still
tries
>: hard to make everything taste good (she's just bad at it.)

>Consider the following graph:
>
> GOOD | Most character flaws in the series improve
> | a little over time (Ryouga did get to the
> NORMAL |+++++++++++ gym. match on time once) but they
>stabilize
> | _------ after a while and never become normal.
> BAD |___/
> ------------
> 1 2 3

>Akane's cooking will never meet the FDAs standards for human consumption.

So. Is that a deciding factor in choosing a mate.(Ok, maybe in the Male
pig mindset)

>: Because she doesn't think it nescessary. She always thinks it's going
>: be delicious, up until somebody passes out.

>Ok, granted she's a bit of an air head and has no long term memory.

Adam Marshall | Depr...@aol.com|
________________________________
Bean-...@msn.com| Anime/Manga

Dragon Ball/Dragon Ball Z, Ranma 1/2,
Maison Ikkoku, Dragon Quest, Tokyo
Babylon, X, Ah! My Goddess, and anything
I forgot.

@_@ "Kame Hame Ha!"

David Witherow

Mar 28, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/28/96
In article <Pine.HPP.3.91.960327...@ace35.wfunet.wfu.edu>,

Aw come on...give Cologne a chance. She's cute...in her own sort of sickening
way.

Today's electronic transmission has been brought to you by:
X Q Z 9

David J. Witherow
djwi...@watarts.uwaterloo.ca

"O poplar, you are great
among the hill-stones,
while I perish on the path
among the crevices of the rocks."
H.D. `Imagiste'

Captain Ecchi

Mar 28, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/28/96
In article <4j8o3u$5...@jaring.my> Kheve <khe...@pc.jaring.my> writes:
>From: Kheve <khe...@pc.jaring.my>
>Subject: Re: [Ranma 1/2] Ranma's Best Babe
>Date: 26 Mar 1996 12:31:58 GMT

>Hey Hey,
> I think you're all a bit nut not to think of Nabiki
>To me, Nabiki is a Dream come True. Can't you imagined it....
>With Nabiki by your side you'll never worry about financial
>problems. Not to mention she's (In my opinion) prettiest of all
>3 tendo's sister. She's playful yet smart. So I ask you all...
>Is she not great if she's to be with you?????Kasumi???Nah too
>boring.Akane????HAHAHAHAHA(Rolling on the floor laughing my head out)
>Shampoo????Too Violent.Ukyou????*sigh* , Kodachi?????????Only
>Madman would like her.So all in all I must say that Nabiki is
>By Far THE BEST BABE IN RANMA 1/2

I would have to agree to you, all the babes in Ranma are hot but Nabiki's
atitude is what makes her my choice.( and she has nice long legs :P )

Capt. Ecchi

It is loading more messages.