A Film of "Good Omens"?

KJG

Oct 19, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/19/98
I looked over the FAQ and did not see an answer to my question, so I was
hoping you could enlighten me.

A friend of mine said there was a film version of "Good Omens." Is this
true and, if so, could you please provide any details?

Thank you kindly,

Kevin J. Guhl

Dick Eney

Oct 19, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/19/98
In article <362BA100...@earthlink.net>,

KJG <iron...@earthlink.net> wrote:
>I looked over the FAQ and did not see an answer to my question, so I was
>hoping you could enlighten me.
>
>A friend of mine said there was a film version of "Good Omens." Is this
>true and, if so, could you please provide any details?

Not as far as I know. Your friend may have been thinking of "The Omen",
which is one of the items parodied in "Good Omens".

=Tamar

Paul Andinach

Oct 20, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/20/98
On 19 Oct 1998, Dick Eney wrote:

> KJG <iron...@earthlink.net> wrote:
>
> > A friend of mine said there was a film version of "Good Omens." Is
> > this true and, if so, could you please provide any details?
>
> Not as far as I know.

...although according to several sources, there *will* be one by the
end of the millennium.

Paul
--
"I seem to have developed a reputation for the uncanny... It may be
related to a certain escapade involving a couple of planets which

Stewart Tolhurst

Oct 20, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/20/98

Paul Andinach <pand...@mermaid.ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au> wrote in article
<Pine.LNX.3.96.981020...@mermaid.ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au>...

> On 19 Oct 1998, Dick Eney wrote:
>
> > KJG <iron...@earthlink.net> wrote:
> >
> > > A friend of mine said there was a film version of "Good Omens." Is
> > > this true and, if so, could you please provide any details?
> >
> > Not as far as I know.
>
> ...although according to several sources, there *will* be one by the
> end of the millennium.

Which millennium?

Stewart

--
Stewart Tolhurst (AFPiancee to Babylon (and her dragon))
http://users.ox.ac.uk/~musf0012/ (Check page for email addresses)

Paul Andinach

Oct 20, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/20/98
On 20 Oct 1998, Stewart Tolhurst wrote:

> Paul Andinach <pand...@mermaid.ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au> wrote...

> > ...although according to several sources, there *will* be one by
> > the end of the millennium.
>
> Which millennium?

According to the IMDB, it's due for release in a year with four
digits, of which the first three are '2', '0', and '0'.

Does that help?

Jason Anthony

Oct 20, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/20/98
On Tue, 20 Oct 1998 10:17:20 +0800, Paul Andinach
<pand...@mermaid.ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au> wrote:

>> > A friend of mine said there was a film version of "Good Omens." Is
>> > this true and, if so, could you please provide any details?
>
>...although according to several sources, there *will* be one by the
>end of the millennium.

If you visit http://www.imdb.com and search for Good Omens it say to
be release in 1999 and has writing credits to Neil Gaimen but not much
more information than that.

--
Discworld Monthly (The Free On-Line Discworld Newsletter)
oo...@aquapal.co.uk

Terry Pratchett

Oct 20, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/20/98
In article <362c2581...@news.globalnet.co.uk>, Jason Anthony
<oo...@aquapal.co.uk> writes

>If you visit http://www.imdb.com and search for Good Omens it say to
>be release in 1999 and has writing credits to Neil Gaimen but not much
>more information than that.

Actually, it doesn't. It's just a messily laid-out db. Neither of us
are involved in writing the film. I currently regard it like all other
film projects -- it's not *absolutely* certain that it won't happen...
--
Terry Pratchett

Paul Andinach

Oct 21, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/21/98
On Tue, 20 Oct 1998, Terry Pratchett wrote:

> In article <362c2581...@news.globalnet.co.uk>, Jason Anthony
> <oo...@aquapal.co.uk> writes
>
> > If you visit http://www.imdb.com and search for Good Omens it say
> > to be release in 1999 and has writing credits to Neil Gaimen but
> > not much more information than that.
>
> Actually, it doesn't. It's just a messily laid-out db. Neither of
> us are involved in writing the film.

'Sright. The writing credits for Neil Gaiman and Pterry have little
comments next to them saying 'wrote the book the film's based on'.

It doesn't say who's doing the actual script.

LoneWolf

Oct 25, 1998, 2:00:00 AM10/25/98
To provide a distraction from the tedium of RL, Paul Andinach
<pand...@mermaid.ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au> wrote on alt.fan.pratchett:

>On 20 Oct 1998, Stewart Tolhurst wrote:
>
>> Paul Andinach <pand...@mermaid.ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au> wrote...
>>

>> > ...although according to several sources, there *will* be one by
>> > the end of the millennium.
>>

>> Which millennium?
>
>According to the IMDB, it's due for release in a year with four
>digits, of which the first three are '2', '0', and '0'.
>
>Does that help?

Not really, as if it were due for release by the end of *that* millenium[1],
then we'd all be pretty old by then.

[1] The one beginning 2001
--
LoneWolf
Lone...@btinternet.com

in...@fdhoekstra.nl

Oct 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/26/98

Doesn't work, sorry; if it's released in 2000 that's the
end of _this_ millennium.

Richard

LoneWolf

Oct 31, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/31/98
To provide a distraction from the tedium of RL, in...@fdhoekstra.nl wrote on
alt.fan.pratchett:

But he was referring to a millenium being _released_, not ending in a year
beginning 200-, therefore it works. I'm being annoying again, aren't I? Sorry.