[I] Let's Party Like It's 1999 !

Skip to the first unread message

arwen....@gmail.com

7 Jan 2009, 16:00:3007/01/2009
'nuff said

--
\\\\\ [ A vote for Palpatine...] /////
\\\\\\\__o o_///////
_\\\\\\\'/ \'///////_
abusing the AFPhedgehog for Sithly^Welection purposes...

karl.s...@gmail.com

7 Jan 2009, 16:03:4107/01/2009
On Jan 7, 9:00 pm, arwen.use...@gmail.com wrote:
> 'nuff said

Can't hear you, please speak up

arwen....@gmail.com

7 Jan 2009, 16:05:5107/01/2009

OH HAI GUYS IM BACK MISSED ME????!

Cheers,
Arwen Lune
--
"Bother" said Pooh. "Our Lady of Blessed Acceleration,
don't fail us now!"

sessif...@gmail.com

7 Jan 2009, 16:07:0107/01/2009
> 'nuff said

*grabs the glitter and the glowy bracelets and stuff*

I'm ready. Where's the music? And the dancers?

CCA

7 Jan 2009, 16:07:4407/01/2009
On Jan 7, 9:00�pm, arwen.use...@gmail.com wrote:
> 'nuff said

Yaay! Welcome back returnees :-)

CCA

rosemar...@gmail.com

7 Jan 2009, 16:08:1507/01/2009
On Jan 7, 9:05 pm, arwen.use...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Jan 7, 10:03 pm, karl.sherr...@gmail.com wrote:
>
> > On Jan 7, 9:00 pm, arwen.use...@gmail.com wrote:
>
> > > 'nuff said
>
> > Can't hear you, please speak up
>
> OH HAI GUYS IM BACK MISSED ME????!
>
> Cheers,
> Arwen Lune

*looks around*

*hangs up some hedgehogs*

WOOOOOOO! PARTY!!!

Rosemary, back after... 5 years now?

Suzi

7 Jan 2009, 16:09:4607/01/2009
In article <8b37862e-9484-46a9-b51d-6a06d01e12d3
@r37g2000prr.googlegroups.com>, arwen....@gmail.com wibbled...
> 'nuff said

/me contributes some party poppers and some leftover beer from the New
Year party

Suzi

Dom

7 Jan 2009, 16:10:4607/01/2009

They're probably in the bar, as usual ;-)
--
Dom

CCA

7 Jan 2009, 16:11:2107/01/2009
On Jan 7, 9:07�pm, "sessifet1...@gmail.com" <sessifet1...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> *grabs the glitter and the glowy bracelets and stuff*
>
> I'm ready. Where's the music? And the dancers?

*puts on Prince's 1999 and follows it up with Let's Go Crazy*

CCA

karl.s...@gmail.com

7 Jan 2009, 16:11:3707/01/2009

We never went away, it is still 1999, yes?

arwen....@gmail.com

7 Jan 2009, 16:13:0907/01/2009
On Jan 7, 10:07 pm, "sessifet1...@gmail.com" <sessifet1...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> > 'nuff said
>
> *grabs the glitter and the glowy bracelets and stuff*
>
> I'm ready. Where's the music? And the dancers?

*turns up Lou Bega's Mambo Nr5*

*boogies*

\o/

Cheers,
Arwen Lune
--
Arwen laid down her broadsword. "I must ask for the knives
as well, babe." said Hammy. Arwen growled and laid them

CCA

7 Jan 2009, 16:13:1407/01/2009

I hope not, I only joined afp in 2001! :-)

CCA

arwen....@gmail.com

7 Jan 2009, 16:20:2007/01/2009
On Jan 7, 10:09 pm, Suzi <s...@lspace.org> wrote:
> In article <8b37862e-9484-46a9-b51d-6a06d01e12d3
> @r37g2000prr.googlegroups.com>, arwen.use...@gmail.com wibbled...

> > 'nuff said
>
> /me contributes some party poppers and some leftover beer from the New
> Year party
>
> Suzi

/me adds nice nibbles

also various fruit and booze and a smoothiemaker to make boozies :-)

Cheers,
Arwen
--
"Bother," said Pooh.
"Eeyore, ready two photon torpedoes and lock phasers on the Heffalump.

gaz.w...@googlemail.com

7 Jan 2009, 16:27:5707/01/2009
wrote:

> > 'nuff said
>
> *grabs the glitter and the glowy bracelets and stuff*
>
> I'm ready. Where's the music? And the dancers?

In the kitchen, usually, I believe....

The shadows fade,
And with them fades
The Hunter

CCA

7 Jan 2009, 16:33:1007/01/2009
On Jan 7, 9:20�pm, arwen.use...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Jan 7, 10:09�pm, Suzi <s...@lspace.org> wrote:

> > /me contributes some party poppers and some leftover beer from the New
> > Year party

> /me adds nice nibbles

> also various fruit and booze and a smoothiemaker to make boozies :-)

*adds some food leftover from the Hedgehog Party at Discworld
Convention 2006*[1]

(Yes, the HP I organised...and said 'bring food!'...and people
did...and lo, it was like the feeding of the many hundreds of
people...and the tables did groan...and the people did groan more...)

[1] Stored in time-warp to keep it fresh

CCA

jester

7 Jan 2009, 16:31:0707/01/2009
On Wed, 7 Jan 2009 13:11:21 -0800 (PST), CCA
<sphir...@aol.com> wrote:
<snip>

>*puts on Prince's 1999 and follows it up with Let's Go Crazy*

Better to follow it up with Pulp.

--
Andy Brown
One item could not be deleted because it was missing.

Suzi

7 Jan 2009, 16:42:0507/01/2009
In article <c05f5937-75bf-450e-945f-dfe4601dafa6
@e1g2000pra.googlegroups.com>, sphir...@aol.com wibbled...

> *puts on Prince's 1999 and follows it up with Let's Go Crazy*

Follows that with Blondie's "Maria" and Ricky Martin's "Livin' La Vida
Loca"

Suzi

catashton

7 Jan 2009, 16:44:2107/01/2009
On Jan 7, 9:42 pm, Suzi <s...@lspace.org> wrote:
> In article <c05f5937-75bf-450e-945f-dfe4601dafa6
> @e1g2000pra.googlegroups.com>, sphira9...@aol.com wibbled...

> > *puts on Prince's 1999 and follows it up with Let's Go Crazy*
>
> Follows that with Blondie's "Maria" and Ricky Martin's "Livin' La Vida
> Loca"
>
> Suzi

OH HAI! *dance*

CCA

7 Jan 2009, 16:45:2107/01/2009
On Jan 7, 9:42�pm, Suzi <s...@lspace.org> wrote:
> In article <c05f5937-75bf-450e-945f-dfe4601dafa6
> @e1g2000pra.googlegroups.com>, sphira9...@aol.com wibbled...

> > *puts on Prince's 1999 and follows it up with Let's Go Crazy*

> Follows that with Blondie's "Maria" and Ricky Martin's "Livin' La Vida
> Loca"

Follows with Ricky Martin's 'Maria' and sings along (even though a lot
of it's in Spanish).

CCA

Suzi

7 Jan 2009, 17:09:1807/01/2009
In article <e4dbb355-c650-4204-a286-50e973e49980
@i18g2000prf.googlegroups.com>, sphir...@aol.com wibbled...

> Follows with Ricky Martin's 'Maria' and sings along (even though a lot
> of it's in Spanish).

Hmmm... wonder what that smell is?... smells a bit like old rotten
cabbages mixed with boiled eggs! A bit like some old farts in fact.

Suzi

the.la...@gmail.com

7 Jan 2009, 17:17:5007/01/2009

That sounds about the right amount of time... it's a bit musty in
here, can we open the window?

Naomi (aka Ladylark)

mpet...@gmail.com

7 Jan 2009, 17:32:1507/01/2009
On Jan 7, 10:17 pm, the.ladyl...@gmail.com wrote:

> That sounds about the right amount of time...  it's a bit musty in
> here, can we open the window?

Don't be silly. In 1999 we were all using text-mode usenet clients,
and Gmail wasn't even a glint in Google's eye...

Oh, not that sort of window...

MP

Dom

7 Jan 2009, 17:40:5607/01/2009

I am still using a text-mode usenet client...

--
Dom

Orjan

7 Jan 2009, 17:55:0507/01/2009
<karl.s...@gmail.com> wrote in message

I thought it was 1993? We're in the middle of a sudden popularity of ABBA,
yes?

/me puts on Dancing Queen and tries to feel the beat of that tambourine

Orjan

Gemma

7 Jan 2009, 18:08:2607/01/2009
On Jan 7, 9:10 pm, Dom <dom...@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

I'm not someone to miss out on a party.

*readies the silly string and the party poppers*

Winterbay

7 Jan 2009, 18:15:3507/01/2009
CCA skrev:

Ohh I remember that one, I was supposed to help out but failed rather
miserably at doing that. You sorted it out really good without me
though. I would probably just have made things not work :)

At least I brought loads of salty banged grains...

/Winterbay

Karen Hanna Kruzycka

7 Jan 2009, 18:17:1907/01/2009
On Jan 7, 10:55 pm, "Orjan" <nos...@cunobaros.com> wrote:
> /me puts on Dancing Queen and tries to feel the beat of that tambourine

Ooooh Yeeeeaaahhhh!

Karen/Vixen

Colette Reap

7 Jan 2009, 19:11:3607/01/2009
CCA <sphir...@aol.com> wrote:

>On Jan 7, 9:00?pm, arwen.use...@gmail.com wrote:
>> 'nuff said
>
>Yaay! Welcome back returnees :-)

Just lurking, like a good deity should :-)
--
Colette

Lady Kayla

7 Jan 2009, 19:40:0707/01/2009
On Jan 8, 12:11 am, Colette Reap <cole...@lspace.org> wrote:

> CCA <sphira9...@aol.com> wrote:
> >On Jan 7, 9:00?pm, arwen.use...@gmail.com wrote:

> >Yaay!  Welcome back returnees :-)
>
> Just lurking, like a good deity should :-)

I'm hiding under the table.

Lady Kayla

Orjan

7 Jan 2009, 20:07:1107/01/2009
"Lady Kayla" <Kayla...@googlemail.com> wrote in message

>On Jan 8, 12:11 am, Colette Reap <cole...@lspace.org> wrote:
>> CCA <sphira9...@aol.com> wrote:
>> >On Jan 7, 9:00?pm, arwen.use...@gmail.com wrote:
>
>> >Yaay! Welcome back returnees :-)
>>
>> Just lurking, like a good deity should :-)

So... we're still not worthy?

*sigh*

I'll just fill the votive bowl with chocolate again, shall I. Maybe this
time, it will not all be snaffled by others here as soon as I turn my back.

> I'm hiding under the table.

I'll not mention "headroom", just delight to see you all back.

Orjan

Puck

7 Jan 2009, 20:34:3407/01/2009
Lady Kayla wrote:

>>> Yaay! Welcome back returnees :-)
>> Just lurking, like a good deity should :-)
>
> I'm hiding under the table.

Good, it won't be lonely down here.

rco...@gmail.com

7 Jan 2009, 20:43:2307/01/2009
On 2009-01-07, Suzi <su...@lspace.org> wrote:

> /me contributes some party poppers and some leftover beer from the New
> Year party

You had _beer_ left over from the New Year party? That doesn't seem
quite right.

I shall help you get rid of it.

--
Ruthi

Joy Green

7 Jan 2009, 21:43:1607/01/2009
Did someone say "party"?

Did someone say 1999?

I think that's my cue.

/me starts laying out the twiglets

Joy

SteveD

8 Jan 2009, 00:01:0408/01/2009

I was bout to say I'm still using the *same* usenet client, but it turns
out I apparently updated the version number of the software a few years
later.

Still looks and acts the same, and is still configured with monospace
fonts.

My earliest Usenet forays were with, yes, an actual text-mode client back
in, what, the late 80s sometime? Fortunately, I've forgotten what handle I
used as a teenager, so I don't have to be subjected to the harsh light of
day on textual fumblings from twenty years back.

-SteveD

The Stainless Steel Cat

8 Jan 2009, 01:29:0908/01/2009
In article <e4a08fa1-c676-47bd...@f40g2000pri.googlegroups.,
arwen....@gmail.com wrote:

>On Jan 7, 10:03=A0pm, karl.sherr...@gmail.com wrote:

>> On Jan 7, 9:00=A0pm, arwen.use...@gmail.com wrote:
>>
>> > 'nuff said
>>
>> Can't hear you, please speak up
>
>OH HAI GUYS IM BACK MISSED ME????!

*Sits in front of a conveyor belt and listen to the mystery voice as items
pass in front...*

An alligator called "Sweetheart", some bread, a roundabout, beer, a popular
author, beer, a fondue set, a brassiere, beer, strange Finnish salty stuff,
chocolate coated coffee beans, beer, cuddly toy, Arwen...

No, there you are!

Cat.
--
La Rustimuna ^Stalkato

MEG

8 Jan 2009, 02:10:5608/01/2009
<arwen....@gmail.com> wrote in message
> 'nuff said
>
> --
> \\\\\ [ A vote for Palpatine...] /////
> \\\\\\\__o o_///////
> _\\\\\\\'/ \'///////_
> abusing the AFPhedgehog for Sithly^Welection purposes...

zzzzz......... WHUT??!

A party?

Damn! Lu Tze has finished sweeping up the party poppers.

- MEG

--
"Something's boding, just like I said. Bode, bode, bode."
ôżô

arwen....@gmail.com

8 Jan 2009, 03:48:5208/01/2009
On Jan 8, 8:10 am, "MEG" <nospam_MEG_n...@djelibeybi.idps.co.uk>
wrote:
> <arwen.use...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> > --
> >  \\\\\        [ A vote for Palpatine...]      /////
> > \\\\\\\__o                                       o_///////
> > _\\\\\\\'/                                             \'///////_
> > abusing the AFPhedgehog for Sithly^Welection purposes...
>
> zzzzz......... WHUT??!
>
> A party?
>
> Damn! Lu Tze has finished sweeping up the party poppers.

It's not over before it's over!

Cheers,
Arwen
--
TRAILER for THE TWO TOWERS! [(c) Radagast]|OMINIOUS VOICE: "The rise
of a mighty King" | SCENE CUTS to the Golden Hall with GANDALF and

Jenny Delaney

8 Jan 2009, 05:02:1908/01/2009
On Jan 7, 9:00 pm, arwen.use...@gmail.com wrote:
> 'nuff said
>
> --
>   \\\\\        [ A vote for Palpatine...]      /////
>  \\\\\\\__o                                       o_///////
> _\\\\\\\'/                                             \'///////_
> abusing the AFPhedgehog for Sithly^Welection purposes...

1999? Vintage year!

*grins at Gideon*

Jenny

--
////// " You do it, I can't be buggered."
0__////// Bringing apathetic hedgehogs to

Eric Jarvis

8 Jan 2009, 04:53:3108/01/2009
In article <slrngma7or...@angel.jester.nu>, use...@jester.nu
says...

> On Wed, 7 Jan 2009 13:11:21 -0800 (PST), CCA
> <sphir...@aol.com> wrote:
> <snip>
> >*puts on Prince's 1999 and follows it up with Let's Go Crazy*
>
> Better to follow it up with Pulp.

<dives in to put on Primal Scream's "Come Together" followed by "Dancing
in the Street">

--
eric
Live fast, die only if strictly necessary.

arwen....@gmail.com

8 Jan 2009, 05:59:0108/01/2009

Hedgehog party!

Arwen
--
))))) |"the ability to type does not make one intelligent"
)))))))__. |

Grymma

8 Jan 2009, 06:35:0208/01/2009
CCA wrote:

> *adds some food leftover from the Hedgehog Party at Discworld
> Convention 2006*[1]
>
> (Yes, the HP I organised...and said 'bring food!'...and people
> did...and lo, it was like the feeding of the many hundreds of
> people...and the tables did groan...and the people did groan more...)
>
> [1] Stored in time-warp to keep it fresh
>
> CCA

<hopeful>
Got any chopped egg, mayo and onion sandwiches there?
</hopeful>

--
Grymma AFPOh Goddess Of Hangovers; DAcFD, BF (UU)
I recently had my problems on the run, but now they’ve re-grouped,

Bri Tze

8 Jan 2009, 07:06:1208/01/2009
On Jan 8, 7:10 am, "MEG" <nospam_MEG_n...@djelibeybi.idps.co.uk>
wrote:
> <arwen.use...@gmail.com> wrote in message
>           ô¿ô

No I haven't - that was PTerry!!

Bri Tze

melinda

8 Jan 2009, 08:08:0808/01/2009
CCA <sphir...@aol.com> wrote:
> On Jan 7, 9:07?pm, "sessifet1...@gmail.com" <sessifet1...@gmail.com>
> wrote:

> > *grabs the glitter and the glowy bracelets and stuff*
> >
> > I'm ready. Where's the music? And the dancers?

> *puts on Prince's 1999 and follows it up with Let's Go Crazy*

> CCA

Do we dress up in costume(s) as well?

--
Melinda
<http://cust.idl.com.au/athol>

Thomas Zahr

8 Jan 2009, 08:45:3508/01/2009
Am Wed, 07 Jan 2009 21:09:46 +0000 schrieb Suzi:

> In article <8b37862e-9484-46a9-b51d-6a06d01e12d3
> @r37g2000prr.googlegroups.com>, arwen....@gmail.com wibbled...
>> 'nuff said

> /me contributes some party poppers and some leftover beer from the New
> Year party

/me boggles quietly, leftover beer, *leftover* beer, leftover *beer*, wow

CCA

8 Jan 2009, 09:14:3208/01/2009
On Jan 7, 10:17�pm, the.ladyl...@gmail.com wrote:

> On Jan 7, 9:08�pm, rosemarywar...@gmail.com wrote:

> That sounds about the right amount of time... �it's a bit musty in
> here, can we open the window?

Welcome to the party! :-) The weirdly interesting flavours of
chocolate are over there *points*, the large cheeseboard is over that
way, and if you should wish to avoi- er, I mean, partake of salty
licquorice, it's on that table marked 'Taster Beware!' *g*

CCA

CCA

8 Jan 2009, 09:16:2708/01/2009
On Jan 8, 1:08�pm, melinda <m...@privacy.net> wrote:

> CCA <sphira9...@aol.com> wrote:
> > On Jan 7, 9:07?pm, "sessifet1...@gmail.com" <sessifet1...@gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> > > *grabs the glitter and the glowy bracelets and stuff*

> > > I'm ready. Where's the music? And the dancers?
> > *puts on Prince's 1999 and follows it up with Let's Go Crazy*

> Do we dress up in costume(s) as well?

Let's just say it's like a Convention - costumes are optional extra
fun :-)

CCA

CCA

8 Jan 2009, 09:18:2308/01/2009
On Jan 8, 11:35�am, "Grymma" <Gry...@blueyonder.co.invalid> wrote:
> CCA wrote:

> > *adds some food leftover from the Hedgehog Party at Discworld
> > Convention 2006*[1]

> > [1] Stored in time-warp to keep it fresh

> <hopeful>

> Got any chopped egg, mayo and onion sandwiches there?
> </hopeful>

*mysterious voice*

If you want them, they will come...

CCA

CCA

8 Jan 2009, 09:24:5608/01/2009
On Jan 8, 1:07�am, "Orjan" <nos...@cunobaros.com> wrote:

> I'll just fill the votive bowl with chocolate again, shall I. �Maybe this
> time, it will not all be snaffled by others here as soon as I turn my back.

This is afp - it's probably gone before you even turn around!

> I'll not mention "headroom", just delight to see you all back.

Me too. I was on #afp at the time the subject of a mass return came
up, and am really pleased to see it's actually happened! Now I hope
some of the returnees will stay... *looks around hopefully*

CCA

Thomas Zahr

8 Jan 2009, 09:27:2908/01/2009
Am Wed, 07 Jan 2009 13:27:57 -0800 schrieb gaz.webber:

> On Jan 7, 9:07 pm, "sessifet1...@gmail.com" <sessifet1...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>> > 'nuff said

>> *grabs the glitter and the glowy bracelets and stuff*
>>
>> I'm ready. Where's the music? And the dancers?
>

> In the kitchen, usually, I believe....

... but where is the kitchen? Ah, over there ...

--
Cheers,

Thomas =:-)
<will check out the fridge>

GaryN

8 Jan 2009, 09:29:1708/01/2009
Thomas Zahr <use...@zahr-mail.de> wrote in news:6smebvF74k1iU1
@mid.individual.net:

We often have leftover beer (in the barrels) behind the bar at the Lion
Rally on the Sunday. Which is quite convenient 'cos taking down the
Marquees and clearing up the site is thirsty work.

It also saves us having to tap a fresh "sale or return" cask for the crew
party on the Sunday evening..;-)[1]

gary

[1]Anyone suggesting that my tapping a fresh barrel at 1am on the Sunday
morning is unnecessary since the bar closes at 2am can <bleep>

--
"We're just human; and we weren't as clever as we thought we were when we
needed to be.

That will be the epitaph on the gravestone of the human race"

Alistair Reynolds from 'House of Suns' (paraphrased)

Thomas Zahr

8 Jan 2009, 09:35:2008/01/2009
Am Thu, 08 Jan 2009 14:29:17 +0000 schrieb GaryN:

> Thomas Zahr <use...@zahr-mail.de> wrote in news:6smebvF74k1iU1
> @mid.individual.net:
>
>> Am Wed, 07 Jan 2009 21:09:46 +0000 schrieb Suzi:
>>
>>> In article <8b37862e-9484-46a9-b51d-6a06d01e12d3
>>> @r37g2000prr.googlegroups.com>, arwen....@gmail.com wibbled...
>>>
>>> /me contributes some party poppers and some leftover beer from the New
>>> Year party
>>
>> /me boggles quietly, leftover beer, *leftover* beer, leftover *beer*,
>> wow
>>

> We often have leftover beer (in the barrels) behind the bar at the Lion
> Rally on the Sunday. Which is quite convenient 'cos taking down the
> Marquees and clearing up the site is thirsty work.
>
> It also saves us having to tap a fresh "sale or return" cask for the
> crew party on the Sunday evening..;-)[1]
>
> gary
>
> [1]Anyone suggesting that my tapping a fresh barrel at 1am on the Sunday
> morning is unnecessary since the bar closes at 2am can <bleep>

When I were a young one, quite a few Kneipen still had a (real) cask on
the bar, at closing time (no, not that one) the door would be closed and
the cask emptied by the patrons, so that the next drinking day could
restart with a fresh cask.

Those were the days, a beer at 20 Pfennig.

--
Cheers,

Thomas =:-)
<who wants a beer now>

Ssirienna

8 Jan 2009, 10:58:0208/01/2009

"Karen Hanna Kruzycka" <vul...@gmail.com> wrote in message

On Jan 7, 10:55 pm, "Orjan" <nos...@cunobaros.com> wrote:
> /me puts on Dancing Queen and tries to feel the beat of that tambourine

Ooooh Yeeeeaaahhhh!

Are we digging the scene yet?

Ssirienna
*trying to remember how to jive without killing those around her*

Ssirienna

8 Jan 2009, 11:00:1508/01/2009

"CCA" <sphir...@aol.com> wrote in message
On Jan 8, 1:07?am, "Orjan" <nos...@cunobaros.com> wrote:

> I'll just fill the votive bowl with chocolate again, shall I. ?Maybe this

> time, it will not all be snaffled by others here as soon as I turn my
> back.

This is afp - it's probably gone before you even turn around!

*freezes with hand in votive bowl and tries to hide moth covered in
chocolate*

*Scronff*

Um ... was this yours? ... it Was just sitting there doing nuffink!

*innocent expression*

Ssirienna

--
AFPfiancee to Delectable Jon the Warm Chocolate Bather!
AFPfiancee to Aquarion (the Phoenix-like!!!)

Aquarion

8 Jan 2009, 10:32:5208/01/2009
Beware the arwen....@gmail.com who stalks alt.fan.pratchett thus:

> 'nuff said
>
> --
> \\\\\ [ A vote for Palpatine...] /////
> \\\\\\\__o o_///////
> _\\\\\\\'/ \'///////_
> abusing the AFPhedgehog for Sithly^Welection purposes...

Gosh, that brings back memories

Yours in Total Sincerity,

Aquarion

--
"Ve belong dead"-- O | Aquarion. Ph33r |V|y 1337 P@|\|70 5K1||Z
\\\\\ +-|-+ | http://www.aquarionics.com

Elliott Grasett

8 Jan 2009, 11:41:3808/01/2009
Ssirienna wrote:

<snip>

> *freezes with hand in votive bowl and tries to hide moth covered in
> chocolate*

While chocolate-covered locusts may be tolerable, chocolate-covered
moths give me the cold grue.

--
Cheers,
Elliott

Andrew Nevill

8 Jan 2009, 14:38:2808/01/2009
On Wed, 7 Jan 2009 14:17:50 -0800 (PST), the.la...@gmail.com wrote:

>On Jan 7, 9:08 pm, rosemarywar...@gmail.com wrote:

>> > OH HAI GUYS IM BACK MISSED ME????!
>>

>> > Cheers,
>> > Arwen Lune
>>
>> *looks around*
>>
>> *hangs up some hedgehogs*
>>
>> WOOOOOOO! PARTY!!!
>>
>> Rosemary, back after... 5 years now?

>That sounds about the right amount of time... it's a bit musty in
>here, can we open the window?
>

>Naomi (aka Ladylark)

Wow!
Arwen, Kayla, Rosemary, Colette, MEG, Karl and Ladylark (and probably a
few others)
It's great to see you all back again.
And the virtual party is wonderful. And the timing could not better.

Thank you all for putting the icing on my virtual birthday cake - And
talking of cakes...

<produces a very large chocolate Birthday cake>

And don't bother singing Happy Birthday. I'd much prefer afp's very own
version of Bohemian Rhapsody as premiered at the Hedgehog Party
--
Andrew Nevill B.F. D.W. FdV. Reply address: ane...@ntlworld.com
AFPWorshipper to Spooky, AFPfiance to Sarah (Nanny Ogg) pia & Esmeraldus.

Sabremeister Brian

8 Jan 2009, 15:16:1008/01/2009
In a speech called
67981e6a-284c-4447...@w39g2000prb.googlegroups.com,

arwen....@gmail.com <arwen....@gmail.com> said:
> On Jan 8, 11:02 am, Jenny Delaney <clanwill...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Jan 7, 9:00 pm, arwen.use...@gmail.com wrote:
>>
>>> 'nuff said
>>
>>> --
>>> \\\\\ [ A vote for Palpatine...] /////
>>> \\\\\\\__o o_///////
>>> _\\\\\\\'/ \'///////_
>>> abusing the AFPhedgehog for Sithly^Welection purposes...
>>
>> 1999? Vintage year!
>>
>> *grins at Gideon*
>>
>> Jenny
>>
>> --
>> ////// " You do it, I can't be buggered."
>> 0__////// Bringing apathetic hedgehogs to
>> \__////// AFP since 1999.
>
> Hedgehog party!
>
> Arwen

Here, have a parade of hedgehogs to welcome you all back!

\\\\
\\\\\\_o Right
\\\\\\\'/

////
0_////// Left
\'///////

o_...... Skinhead
\'.......

\\\\
于\\\\\ Mohawk (possibly)
\'/:::::-

/*\\\\\\
o--\\\\\ Dead
\\\\
_
(_)
////
._////// Angelic
\'///////

Y ////
| ._////// Devilish
| \'///////

////
@_// // Punk-ish
\!\//////

--
www.sabremeister.me.uk
www.livejournal.com/users/sabremeister/

jester

8 Jan 2009, 16:25:1008/01/2009
On Thu, 8 Jan 2009 01:07:11 -0000, Orjan
<nos...@cunobaros.com> wrote:
<snip>
>I'll just fill the votive bowl with chocolate again, shall I. Maybe this
>time, it will not all be snaffled by others here as soon as I turn my back.

Dream on.

Hmm, time for some classic RnR on the playlist?

--
Andy Brown
Endless Loop: n., see Loop, Endless.

jester

8 Jan 2009, 16:29:0008/01/2009
On Thu, 08 Jan 2009 19:38:28 +0000, Andrew Nevill
<spooky...@hotmail.com> wrote:
<snip>

>And don't bother singing Happy Birthday. I'd much prefer afp's very own
>version of Bohemian Rhapsody as premiered at the Hedgehog Party

fx: glances at filks page

Which one?

#Mamma, I filked again....

--
Andy Brown
What happens if a big asteroid hits the Earth? Judging from realistic

jester

8 Jan 2009, 16:30:4708/01/2009
On Thu, 08 Jan 2009 13:08:08 GMT, melinda
<m...@privacy.net> wrote:
<snip>

>Do we dress up in costume(s) as well?

All the time.

Oh, you meant for the party...

--
Andy Brown
Windows, another fine product from the folks who gave us edlin.

MEG

8 Jan 2009, 17:06:4408/01/2009
"Sabremeister Brian" <bpwak...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> Here, have a parade of hedgehogs to welcome you all back!
>
> \\\\
> \\\\\\_o Right
> \\\\\\\'/
>
> ////
> 0_////// Left
> \'///////

> o_...... Skinhead
> \'.......
>
> \\\\
> ¤_\\\\\ Mohawk (possibly)

> \'/:::::-
>
> /*\\\\\\
> o--\\\\\ Dead
> \\\\
> _
> (_)
> ////
> ._////// Angelic
> \'///////
>
> Y ////
> | ._////// Devilish
> | \'///////
>
> ////
> @_// // Punk-ish
> \!\//////

Doesn't count if'n they're not proper sigs from old farts of 1999

I vaguely recall a sig "bringing hedgehogs to the common people since 1999"
or similar from *one* of the old farts. Being aged mesself, the memory is
not as good as it... oooh! shiny!

- MEG
--
Work like a lion. | Stand like the tree.
Play like a kitten. | Bend like the willow.

Julia Jones

8 Jan 2009, 17:18:0908/01/2009
In article <Yba9l.16820$Sp...@text.news.virginmedia.com>, Dom
<dom...@blueyonder.co.uk> writes
>mpet...@gmail.com wrote:

>> On Jan 7, 10:17 pm, the.ladyl...@gmail.com wrote:
>>
>>> That sounds about the right amount of time...  it's a bit musty in
>>> here, can we open the window?
>>
>> Don't be silly. In 1999 we were all using text-mode usenet clients,
>> and Gmail wasn't even a glint in Google's eye...
>>
>> Oh, not that sort of window...
>
>I am still using a text-mode usenet client...

So am I. The old ways are the best, I say.

Where'd I put that old sigfile? Ah, there it is...
--
Julia Jones
"Don't philosophise with me, you electronic moron!"

Suzi

8 Jan 2009, 17:31:3908/01/2009
In article <YNu9l.67044$xX7....@newsfe13.ams2>,
nospam_...@djelibeybi.idps.co.uk wibbled...

> Doesn't count if'n they're not proper sigs from old farts of 1999
>
> I vaguely recall a sig "bringing hedgehogs to the common people since 1999"
> or similar from *one* of the old farts. Being aged mesself, the memory is
> not as good as it... oooh! shiny!

Hmmm... I need to go and google for one of my .sigs from back then I
suppose!

Suzi

Suzi

8 Jan 2009, 17:34:2108/01/2009
In article <MPG.23d08f259...@news.btinternet.com>,
su...@lspace.org wibbled...

> Hmmm... I need to go and google for one of my .sigs from back then I
> suppose!

OK, all my 1999 ones seemed to be really boring ones pointing people at
various FAQs and suchlike things... so here's one from 1997 instead :-)

Suzi
--
"You could turn it into Suzi, and it sounded as though you danced on
tables for a living.........." Soul Music (B.F., AFPetite & AFProud)

Grymma

8 Jan 2009, 18:15:1008/01/2009

oh *good*, I'll hang about then :-)

--
Grymma AFPOh Goddess Of Hangovers; DAcFD, BF (UU)

"Mothers of teens know why animals eat their young"

Grymma

8 Jan 2009, 18:15:1008/01/2009
MEG wrote:

> Doesn't count if'n they're not proper sigs from old farts of 1999
>
> I vaguely recall a sig "bringing hedgehogs to the common people since
> 1999" or similar from *one* of the old farts. Being aged mesself, the
> memory is not as good as it... oooh! shiny!

Since 1994 in fact. I've got the .jpgs saved from the 10 yr celebrations of
2004 somewhere on my
hdd... ;-)

--
Grymma AFPOh Goddess Of Hangovers; DAcFD, BF (UU)

"Children are natural mimics, who act like their parents
despite every effort to teach them good manners"

Warwick

8 Jan 2009, 18:36:3608/01/2009
On Thu, 08 Jan 2009 23:15:10 +0000, Grymma wrote:

> CCA wrote:
>> On Jan 8, 11:35�am, "Grymma" <Gry...@blueyonder.co.invalid> wrote:
>

>>> <hopeful>
>>> Got any chopped egg, mayo and onion sandwiches there? </hopeful>
>>
>> *mysterious voice*
>>
>> If you want them, they will come...
>>

> oh *good*, I'll hang about then :-)

Keep some for me.

I heard it was 1999 here so I thought I'd pop in and say Hi.

Warwick

Rocky Frisco

8 Jan 2009, 19:44:2908/01/2009
Andrew Nevill wrote:

> Wow!
> Arwen, Kayla, Rosemary, Colette, MEG, Karl and Ladylark (and probably a
> few others)
> It's great to see you all back again.
> And the virtual party is wonderful. And the timing could not better.

They must have heard that I was back.

-Rock

Eric Jarvis

8 Jan 2009, 19:41:2008/01/2009
In article <12314200...@idlwebserver.idl.com.au>, m...@privacy.net
says...
> CCA <sphir...@aol.com> wrote:
> > On Jan 7, 9:07?pm, "sessifet1...@gmail.com" <sessifet1...@gmail.com>

> > wrote:
>
> > > *grabs the glitter and the glowy bracelets and stuff*
> > >
> > > I'm ready. Where's the music? And the dancers?
>
> > *puts on Prince's 1999 and follows it up with Let's Go Crazy*
>
> Do we dress up in costume(s) as well?

How would we tell?

--
eric
Live fast, die only if strictly necessary.

Arthur Hagen

8 Jan 2009, 21:49:1908/01/2009
Eric Jarvis <ericj...@gmail.com> wrote:
> In article <12314200...@idlwebserver.idl.com.au>, m...@privacy.net
> says...
>> CCA <sphir...@aol.com> wrote:

>>> *puts on Prince's 1999 and follows it up with Let's Go Crazy*
>>
>> Do we dress up in costume(s) as well?
>
> How would we tell?

The mothball stench.

--
*Art

Random C

9 Jan 2009, 04:10:1009/01/2009
On Jan 7, 4:09 pm, Suzi <s...@lspace.org> wrote:
> In article <8b37862e-9484-46a9-b51d-6a06d01e12d3
> @r37g2000prr.googlegroups.com>, arwen.use...@gmail.com wibbled...

> > 'nuff said
>
> /me contributes some party poppers and some leftover beer from the New
> Year party
>
> Suzi

That's not leftover, I just didn't have time to drink it! Give it here!

melinda

9 Jan 2009, 05:09:0409/01/2009
CCA <sphir...@aol.com> wrote:
> On Jan 8, 1:08?pm, melinda <m...@privacy.net> wrote:

> > CCA <sphira9...@aol.com> wrote:

> > > *puts on Prince's 1999 and follows it up with Let's Go Crazy*

> > Do we dress up in costume(s) as well?

> Let's just say it's like a Convention - costumes are optional extra
> fun :-)

> CCA

Ahh okay, put on some suitable music and I'll belly dance
for entertainment if you like... I've a costume that fits.

--
Melinda
<http://cust.idl.com.au/athol>

Suzi

9 Jan 2009, 12:34:5209/01/2009
In article <54dd9b53-3d05-4a0d-b613-27dbf2493221
@f40g2000pri.googlegroups.com>, heidi...@gmail.com wibbled...

> On Jan 7, 4:09 pm, Suzi <s...@lspace.org> wrote:
> >
> > /me contributes some party poppers and some leftover beer from the New
> > Year party
> >
> That's not leftover, I just didn't have time to drink it! Give it here!

*Passes random half a case of cans of John Smiths*

Suzi
--
"You could turn it into Suzi, and it sounded as though you danced on
tables for a living.........." Soul Music (B.F., AFPetite & AFProud)

~~ AFP Code(1997) APA/Mu/C$ d s--:+ a34>+++ UP+ R+++ F+++ h- P-- OSD--:

Andrew Nevill

9 Jan 2009, 13:02:1209/01/2009
On Thu, 8 Jan 2009 21:29:00 +0000 (UTC), jester <use...@jester.nu>
wrote:

>On Thu, 08 Jan 2009 19:38:28 +0000, Andrew Nevill
><spooky...@hotmail.com> wrote:
><snip>
>>And don't bother singing Happy Birthday. I'd much prefer afp's very own
>>version of Bohemian Rhapsody as premiered at the Hedgehog Party
>
>fx: glances at filks page
>
>Which one?

None of them

I mean the actual lyrics that those on the dancefloor at the 2008
Hedgehog Party sang in almost choral harmony. Sort of like an impromptu
Last Choir Standing

CCA

9 Jan 2009, 13:30:1309/01/2009
On Jan 8, 9:25�pm, jester <use...@jester.nu> wrote:

> Hmm, time for some classic RnR on the playlist?

Some classic R&B would be good. Or indeed recent R&B. Or a spot of
funk...

(I've just been going through an old videotape from 1989/90 and found
I had the video of a song called 'Jerk Out' by a band called The
Time. I'm not expecting many people here to recognise the name, but
they were the band that Prince used to belong to, many years before
that.)

CCA

CCA

9 Jan 2009, 13:31:5709/01/2009
On Jan 8, 11:36�pm, Warwick <use...@affordable-afpers.co.uk> wrote:

> I heard it was 1999 here so I thought I'd pop in and say Hi.

Welcome back Warwick! :-) *offers party food*

CCA

CCA

9 Jan 2009, 13:43:2409/01/2009
On Jan 9, 6:02�pm, Andrew Nevill <spookystw...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 8 Jan 2009 21:29:00 +0000 (UTC), jester <use...@jester.nu>
> wrote:
> >On Thu, 08 Jan 2009 19:38:28 +0000, Andrew Nevill
> ><spookystw...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> >>And don't bother singing �Happy Birthday. I'd much prefer afp's very own
> >>version of Bohemian Rhapsody as premiered at the Hedgehog Party

> >fx: glances at filks page
> >Which one?

> None of them
> I mean the actual lyrics that those on the dancefloor �at the 2008
> Hedgehog Party sang in almost choral harmony. Sort of like an impromptu
> Last Choir Standing

I remember that, it was great fun :-) I joined in with every part
except for the air guitar/headbanging bit.
This year's Hedgehog Party was the best ever. I remember how my feet
ached from dancing afterwards *g*

CCA

jester

9 Jan 2009, 15:16:2409/01/2009
On Fri, 9 Jan 2009 17:34:52 -0000, Suzi
<su...@lspace.org> wrote:
>In article <54dd9b53-3d05-4a0d-b613-27dbf2493221
>@f40g2000pri.googlegroups.com>, heidi...@gmail.com wibbled...
>> On Jan 7, 4:09?pm, Suzi <s...@lspace.org> wrote:
>> >
>> > /me contributes some party poppers and some leftover beer from the New
>> > Year party
>> >
>> That's not leftover, I just didn't have time to drink it! Give it here!
>
>*Passes random half a case of cans of John Smiths*

Decided not to share the beer then?

--
Andy Brown
Real computer scientists despise the idea of actual hardware. Hardware

Suzi

9 Jan 2009, 15:49:2509/01/2009
In article <slrngmfc4o...@angel.jester.nu>, use...@jester.nu
wibbled...

> On Fri, 9 Jan 2009 17:34:52 -0000, Suzi
> <su...@lspace.org> wrote:
> >
> >*Passes random half a case of cans of John Smiths*
>
> Decided not to share the beer then?

Actually, the stuff in cans *without* the widgets is quite drinkable
(i.e. it passes "the Gid Test" of being beer instead of frothy brown
stuff)

Chris Crowther

9 Jan 2009, 16:58:0509/01/2009
Suzi wrote:

> Actually, the stuff in cans *without* the widgets is quite drinkable
> (i.e. it passes "the Gid Test" of being beer instead of frothy brown
> stuff)

That's quite a stringent test that.

--
hikari
Formerly known as far too many things to recount

Jani

9 Jan 2009, 17:14:5409/01/2009

"Grymma" <Gry...@blueyonder.co.invalid> wrote in message

[]

> Grymma AFPOh Goddess Of Hangovers; DAcFD, BF (UU)
> "Children are natural mimics, who act like their parents
> despite every effort to teach them good manners"

I'm still smugging about a casual remark being immortalised in a sig. "Look,
look" I say to my daughters. "See that OhGoddess? That's me, that is. I gave
her that!"

And they are duly impressed, and go away, and tidy not their bedrooms.
Bugrit.

Jani

Grymma

9 Jan 2009, 17:31:2009/01/2009
Jani wrote:
> "Grymma" <Gry...@blueyonder.co.invalid> wrote

>> Grymma AFPOh Goddess Of Hangovers; DAcFD, BF (UU)
>> "Children are natural mimics, who act like their parents
>> despite every effort to teach them good manners"
>
> I'm still smugging about a casual remark being immortalised in a sig.
> "Look, look" I say to my daughters. "See that OhGoddess? That's me,
> that is. I gave her that!"
>
> And they are duly impressed, and go away, and tidy not their bedrooms.
> Bugrit.

teeheehee :-D

If it's any consolation, you do (among other mentionables) get a vote of
thanks on my webpage for it!

--

Grymma AFPOh Goddess Of Hangovers; DAcFD, BF (UU)

I want it clearly understood that I'm totally confused.

Andy Davison

9 Jan 2009, 22:15:0809/01/2009
Suzi wrote:

> Actually, the stuff in cans without the widgets is quite drinkable

> (i.e. it passes "the Gid Test" of being beer instead of frothy brown
> stuff)

He must be ill then. John Smith's isn't good in any form though I quite like
his cousin Sam Smith's OBB.
I'm now remembering the beer I have to brew this year as it's ten years
since the demise of Enfield football stadium (intensely black, acridly
bitter, robust porter called Southbury Road Black Armband).
--
Andy Davison
andy [at] ukfsn [dot] org

Andy Davison

9 Jan 2009, 22:17:0309/01/2009
Eric Jarvis wrote:

> <dives in to put on Primal Scream's "Come Together" followed by "Dancing
> in the Street">

I recommend http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=I0_3ckK0R2k though you can't
really boogie on down to some old geezer singing the blues (good one
though)

Leo Breebaart

10 Jan 2009, 06:17:1210/01/2009
CCA <sphir...@aol.com> writes:

> On Jan 8, 9:25=EF=BF=BDpm, jester <use...@jester.nu> wrote:
>
> > Hmm, time for some classic RnR on the playlist?
>
> Some classic R&B would be good. Or indeed recent R&B. Or a spot
> of funk...
>
> (I've just been going through an old videotape from 1989/90 and
> found I had the video of a song called 'Jerk Out' by a band
> called The Time. I'm not expecting many people here to
> recognise the name,

<cough>, <cough> :-)

> but they were the band that Prince used to belong to, many
> years before that.)

I don't think that's actually true. It was 'Morris Day and the
Time', and as I remember it they were another one of Prince's
hobby projects and outlets for excess creativity.

It's just that The Time had a bit more to offer on their own
account then, say, Vanity 6, what with having Jimmy Jam and Terry
Lewis in the ranks and all that. (But probably not *that* much
more to offer. Being a Prince pet project tends to mean that he
writes, produces and performs all your material. :-)) So Prince
may have *been* the Time for all practical purposes, but I don't
think he was actually *in* the Time at any point, if you see what
I mean. Hmm. Wikipedia seems to confirm this.

--
Leo Breebaart <l...@lspace.org>

Eric Jarvis

10 Jan 2009, 06:02:0810/01/2009
In article <gk93tb$ipq$2...@localhost.localdomain>, andy...@yahoo.co.uk
says...

> Eric Jarvis wrote:
>
> > <dives in to put on Primal Scream's "Come Together" followed by "Dancing
> > in the Street">
>
> I recommend http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=I0_3ckK0R2k though you can't
> really boogie on down to some old geezer singing the blues (good one
> though)

You need to hear my version of Maggie McGill then. Which is basically
some old geezer singing the blues and definitely boogieable.

What you really mean is you don't need to boogie on down to enjoy
listening to some old geezer singing the blues.

<puts Peter Green's Katmandu on the stereo>

CCA

10 Jan 2009, 07:45:5610/01/2009
On Jan 10, 11:17�am, Leo Breebaart <l...@lspace.org> wrote:
> CCA <sphira9...@aol.com> writes:

> > Some classic R&B would be good. Or indeed recent R&B. Or a spot
> > of funk...
>
> > (I've just been going through an old videotape from 1989/90 and
> > found I had the video of a song called 'Jerk Out' by a band
> > called The Time. I'm not expecting many people here to
> > recognise the name,

> <cough>, <cough> :-)

:-) As I was typing it, I thought "...except for Leo, possibly...",
as I seem to remember you as being one of the few afpers/#afpers who
likes soul/funk/soulful R&B. But I wasn't sure whether you were
reading this thread.

> > but they were the band that Prince used to belong to, many
> > years before that.)

> I don't think that's actually true. It was 'Morris Day and the
> Time', and as I remember it they were another one of Prince's
> hobby projects and outlets for excess creativity.

I remember Morris Day too, he was a decent funkster in his own right
for a while. *remembers 'Fishnet' and a few other things*

> It's just that The Time had a bit more to offer on their own
> account then, say, Vanity 6, what with having Jimmy Jam and Terry
> Lewis in the ranks and all that.

And (if I remember correctly) a chap called Jerome Johnson who was a
reasonably well-known soul/funk producer back in the eighties. I do
seem to remember Alexander O'Neal having something to do the The Time
for a while too, but not for long.

> (But probably not *that* much
> more to offer. Being a Prince pet project tends to mean that he
> writes, produces and performs all your material. :-))

I do remember a number of people who got picked up by Prince back in
those days and promptly stopped having any sort of success the moment
he dropped them (Sheila E, Appollonia, Wendy and Lisa among others)

CCA (who finally found a CD of BB&Q's Genie last year. Not that they
had anything to do with Prince AFAIK... :-)

Richard Bos

10 Jan 2009, 08:49:1410/01/2009
arwen....@gmail.com wrote:

> On Jan 7, 10:03=A0pm, karl.sherr...@gmail.com wrote:
> > On Jan 7, 9:00=A0pm, arwen.use...@gmail.com wrote:
> >
> > > 'nuff said
> >
> > Can't hear you, please speak up
>
> OH HAI GUYS IM BACK MISSED ME????!

I wouldn't bloody dare even _aiming_ at you. I'd have a viking's sword
up my somewhat-or-other before I'd even notched the arrow.

(IOW: Hi, Arwen, Karl and others! Do stay.)

Richard

Richard Bos

10 Jan 2009, 08:49:1510/01/2009
"Orjan" <nos...@cunobaros.com> wrote:

> "Lady Kayla" <Kayla...@googlemail.com> wrote in message

> > I'm hiding under the table.
>
> I'll not mention "headroom", just delight to see you all back.

Headroom was on in the 1980s, anyway, not 1999.

Richard

Christer Mort Boräng

10 Jan 2009, 17:13:2010/01/2009
arwen....@gmail.com writes:
> 'nuff said

I'd left in 1999 already...

//Christer aka Mort
--
| Hagåkersgatan 18C | Phone: Home +46 31 43 52 03 CTH: +46 31 772 5431 |
| S-431 41 Mölndal | Mail: mo...@chalmers.se Cell: +46 707 53 57 57 |

Christer Mort Boräng

10 Jan 2009, 17:30:5310/01/2009
Suzi <su...@lspace.org> writes:
> OK, all my 1999 ones seemed to be really boring ones pointing people at
> various FAQs and suchlike things... so here's one from 1997 instead :-)

And here's one from 1992. ISO-646-SE included...

//Christer
--
Det finns inget som g|r kvinnor s} vackra som alkohol och st{ngningsdags...

Orjan

10 Jan 2009, 18:04:2610/01/2009

"Christer "Mort" "Borän" "g"" <mort+...@dtek.chalmers.se> wrote in
message news:wx77i52...@beatmania.ita.chalmers.se...

Ah, Arne. Possibly the greatest Swedish philosopher and social critic of
the last couple of decades.

Orjan

ingenious paradox

10 Jan 2009, 18:24:2810/01/2009
On Wed, 7 Jan 2009 13:00:30 -0800 (PST), arwen....@gmail.com wrote:

>'nuff said

Blimey, it worked. I'll be back as soon as I've taken this pregnancy
test... oh.

Julie
...still thinks that time is like a plate of spaghetti, but has
started to worry about the bolognese

arwen....@gmail.com

10 Jan 2009, 19:21:3310/01/2009
On Jan 11, 12:24 am, ingenious paradox <julie.winkl...@btinternet.com>
wrote:

> On Wed, 7 Jan 2009 13:00:30 -0800 (PST), arwen.use...@gmail.com wrote:
> >'nuff said
>
> Blimey, it worked.  I'll be back as soon as I've taken this pregnancy
> test... oh.

Hey! My parties ALWAYS work. Except when they don't.

*distributes food from the Eritrean restaurant*

Cheers,
Arwen

Chris Crowther

11 Jan 2009, 03:46:1111/01/2009
arwen....@gmail.com wrote:

> Hey! My parties ALWAYS work. Except when they don't.

Heh; you mean when we all start drifting away again? :)

> Cheers,
> Arwen

marcos.b...@spray.se

11 Jan 2009, 08:30:4211/01/2009
Suzi <s...@lspace.org> wrote:

> Hmmm... wonder what that smell is?... smells a bit like old rotten
> cabbages mixed with boiled eggs! A bit like some old farts in fact.

"Smells like old farts"...?

Oh, yes, right. That little-known Nirvana first draft.

--
Marco Villalta

CCA

11 Jan 2009, 11:34:4811/01/2009
On Jan 11, 8:46�am, Chris Crowther <hik...@hikari.org.uk> wrote:
> arwen.use...@gmail.com wrote:

> > Hey! My parties ALWAYS work. Except when they don't.

> Heh; you mean when we all start drifting away again? :)

Oh no you don't! You've all got to stay now!

*locks the door to stop returnees escaping*

Mwaahaaahaaa! [1]

[1] Er...or something else, because I'm basically crap at being
menacing...

CCA

Esmeraldus

11 Jan 2009, 18:27:4111/01/2009

"CCA" <sphir...@aol.com> wrote in message

Mwaahaaahaaa! [1]

I'll help you! I can menace when I'm asleep. :-D

Chris Zakes

11 Jan 2009, 22:53:4011/01/2009
On Sun, 11 Jan 2009 18:27:41 -0500, an orbital mind-control laser
caused "Esmeraldus" <muclu...@mypacks.net> to write:

>"CCA" <sphir...@aol.com> wrote in message

>On Jan 11, 8:46?am, Chris Crowther <hik...@hikari.org.uk> wrote:
>> arwen.use...@gmail.com wrote:
>
>> > Hey! My parties ALWAYS work. Except when they don't.
>
>> Heh; you mean when we all start drifting away again? :)
>
>Oh no you don't! You've all got to stay now!
>
>*locks the door to stop returnees escaping*
>
>Mwaahaaahaaa! [1]
>
>[1] Er...or something else, because I'm basically crap at being
>menacing...
>
>I'll help you! I can menace when I'm asleep. :-D

I could help, too. (Although I'm not really terrifying, I'm just drawn
that way.)

-Chris Zakes
Texas

What do you mean that eating pizza, drinking beer and watching football isn't
"multitasking?"

Esmeraldus

11 Jan 2009, 23:37:3511/01/2009

"Chris Zakes" <dont...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> On Sun, 11 Jan 2009 18:27:41 -0500, an orbital mind-control laser
> caused "Esmeraldus" <muclu...@mypacks.net> to write:
>

>>"CCA" <sphir...@aol.com> wrote in message

>>> Heh; you mean when we all start drifting away again? :)
>>
>>Oh no you don't! You've all got to stay now!
>>
>>*locks the door to stop returnees escaping*
>>
>>Mwaahaaahaaa! [1]
>>
>>[1] Er...or something else, because I'm basically crap at being
>>menacing...
>>
>>I'll help you! I can menace when I'm asleep. :-D
>
> I could help, too. (Although I'm not really terrifying, I'm just drawn
> that way.)

Whereas I look like a fluffy kitten, but radiate an air of fangs and claws
fifteen feet from my body.

It's loading more messages.