Carlos and Ashley?

Riftwar001

Apr 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/26/98

I don't know about this, but do you think their is some chemistry between
Carlos and Ashley. I don't know why, but when they started sharing that milk
shake, Ashleys grandmother gave her in todays episode, I thought I saw
something between them. Just a thought.

Lisa L.
#########Star Gate SG-1########
•"What if the aliens get it?" "Well, they could be blowing their noses
right now." -A soilder and Colonel O'Neill
•"Daniel, you dog. You keep this up and you'll have a woman on every
planet." -Colonel O'Neill

Montgomery

Apr 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/26/98

Riftwar001 (riftw...@aol.com) wrote:
: I don't know about this, but do you think their is some chemistry between

: Carlos and Ashley. I don't know why, but when they started sharing that milk
: shake, Ashleys grandmother gave her in todays episode, I thought I saw
: something between them. Just a thought.

I know I'm confused. I thought Ashley and Andros were beginning a
"thing."
--

(>_________{ Monty }__________<)
(> jmon...@suffolk.lib.ny.us <)

CLFunaro

Apr 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/26/98

jmon...@newshost.li.net (Montgomery) wrote:

>Riftwar001 (riftw...@aol.com) wrote:
>: I don't know about this, but do you think their is some chemistry between
>: Carlos and Ashley. I don't know why, but when they started sharing that
>milk
>: shake, Ashleys grandmother gave her in todays episode, I thought I saw
>: something between them. Just a thought.
>
>I know I'm confused. I thought Ashley and Andros were beginning a
>"thing."

I stand by my belief that the real reason Judd adapted this particular
MegaRanger episode so faithfully is because it unintentionally parodies Saban's
insecurities about Ash's love life. First she's with Carlos, then she's not,
then she is, then she's with Andros, etc, etc.

"Twigs are the meat of the desert!" - Dick, _Third Rock From the Sun_
*****************CLFu...@aol.com*****************

TCurryFan

Apr 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/26/98

"jmon...@newshost.li.net (Montgomery)" said:

>Riftwar001 (riftw...@aol.com) wrote:
>: I don't know about this, but do you think their is some chemistry
>: between Carlos and Ashley. I don't know why, but when they
>: started sharing that milk shake, Ashleys grandmother gave her in
>: todays episode, I thought I saw something between them. Just a
>: thought.
>
>I know I'm confused. I thought Ashley and Andros were
>beginning a "thing."

They never had a "thing". SHE was after him, but I've never gotten the
impression he reciprocated those feelings. She seems to have stopped pursuing
him.

>--
>
> (>_________{ Monty }__________<)
> (> jmon...@suffolk.lib.ny.us <)
> (>----------------------------<)
> (> "A good psycho always <)
> (> sits and waits." <)
> (> -- P.M. <)
> (>____________________<)

Catherine Johnson.
TCur...@aol.com ---------- Sailor Andromeda ---------- MiSTie #75, 125
"You're right, this really was the best vacation ever. Now let's never speak
of it again."
-Marge Simpson, _The_Simpsons_.

Montgomery

Apr 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/26/98

CLFunaro (clfu...@aol.com) wrote:
: jmon...@newshost.li.net (Montgomery) wrote:

: >Riftwar001 (riftw...@aol.com) wrote:
: >: I don't know about this, but do you think their is some chemistry between
: >: Carlos and Ashley. I don't know why, but when they started sharing that
: >milk
: >: shake, Ashleys grandmother gave her in todays episode, I thought I saw
: >: something between them. Just a thought.
: >
: >I know I'm confused. I thought Ashley and Andros were beginning a
: >"thing."

: I stand by my belief that the real reason Judd adapted this particular

: MegaRanger episode so faithfully is because it unintentionally parodies Saban's
: insecurities about Ash's love life. First she's with Carlos, then she's not,
: then she is, then she's with Andros, etc, etc.

Personally, I think TJ is better for Andros than Ashley is. ;-)

: "Twigs are the meat of the desert!" - Dick, _Third Rock From the Sun_
: *****************CLFu...@aol.com*****************

TCurryFan

Apr 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/26/98

"jmon...@newshost.li.net (Montgomery)" said:

>CLFunaro (clfu...@aol.com) wrote:
>: jmon...@newshost.li.net (Montgomery) wrote:
>:

>: >I know I'm confused. I thought Ashley and Andros were
>: >beginning a "thing."
>
>: I stand by my belief that the real reason Judd adapted this
>: particular MegaRanger episode so faithfully is because it
>: unintentionally parodies Saban's insecurities about Ash's love
>: life. First she's with Carlos, then she's not, then she is, then she's
>: with Andros, etc, etc.
>
>Personally, I think TJ is better for Andros than Ashley is. ;-)

<LOOONG ole pause>
Ya know, as much as I'd love to comment here, but nothing I could say would be
appropriate for thids ng, so I'll just shut up.

>: "Twigs are the meat of the desert!" - Dick, _Third Rock From the
>: Sun_
>: *****************CLFu...@aol.com*****************
>
>--
>
> (>_________{ Monty }__________<)
> (> jmon...@suffolk.lib.ny.us <)
> (>----------------------------<)
> (> "A good psycho always <)
> (> sits and waits." <)
> (> -- P.M. <)
> (>____________________<)

Catherine Johnson. Soylent Green is PEOPLE!!!

Cr5

Apr 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/26/98

TCurryFan wrote:

> "jmon...@newshost.li.net (Montgomery)" said:
>
> >Riftwar001 (riftw...@aol.com) wrote:
> >: I don't know about this, but do you think their is some chemistry
> >: between Carlos and Ashley. I don't know why, but when they
> >: started sharing that milk shake, Ashleys grandmother gave her in
> >: todays episode, I thought I saw something between them. Just a
> >: thought.
> >

> >I know I'm confused. I thought Ashley and Andros were
> >beginning a "thing."
>

> They never had a "thing". SHE was after him, but I've never gotten the
> impression he reciprocated those feelings. She seems to have stopped pursuing
> him.

the first ep they were in last year, Carlos wanted to walk Ashley home 'cuz there
might be monsters. Then he said he wanted to do it just to be near her. Then
later that ep Ashley did the same thing.

-Cr5

Kamikaze

Apr 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/26/98

Riftwar001 wrote in message
<199804260129...@ladder03.news.aol.com>...

>I don't know about this, but do you think their is some chemistry between
>Carlos and Ashley. I don't know why, but when they started sharing that
milk
>shake, Ashleys grandmother gave her in todays episode, I thought I saw
>something between them. Just a thought.

It always seemed from PRT that the two of them had a thing for each other
(counting their appearance in the first half of PRT that is). From then on,
we see a lot of them together, but never "together". I think they
eliminated that in favor of Ashley going after Andros, but Carlos is
definitely a bit more normal...

In Megaranger, I think Chisato (Megayellow) had a thing for Megablack, and
of course this was part of the script of the Megaranger episode that Judd
copied. We'll just have to see what happens.

Kamikaze
-The Lord of The Dance-

"Baywatch. There's Baywatch Nights, Baywatch Days, Baywatch Afternoons....
I'm waiting for Baywatch at Dusk." - Nathan Lane

"Things aren't always what they seem to be... some are beyond
belief." - Jonathan Frakes

Don2530825

Apr 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/26/98

><HTML>Subject: Re: Carlos and Ashley?<BR>
>From: tcur...@aol.com (TCurryFan)<BR>

><BR>
>Catherine Johnson. Soylent Green is PEOPLE!!!<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<P>Ummmmm, Soylent Green....</P>
<BR>
<BR>
<P>Don</P>
<BR>
<P>"I just have to ask... What <I>does</I> human flesh taste like?"</P>
<BR>
<P>"Chicken."</P>
<BR>
<P>From "Loaded Gun"</P>

Montgomery

Apr 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/26/98

: >:

: >: >I know I'm confused. I thought Ashley and Andros were
: >: >beginning a "thing."
: >
: >: I stand by my belief that the real reason Judd adapted this

: >: particular MegaRanger episode so faithfully is because it
: >: unintentionally parodies Saban's insecurities about Ash's love
: >: life. First she's with Carlos, then she's not, then she is, then she's
: >: with Andros, etc, etc.
: >
: >Personally, I think TJ is better for Andros than Ashley is. ;-)

: <LOOONG ole pause>
: Ya know, as much as I'd love to comment here, but nothing I could say would be

: appropriate for this ng, so I'll just shut up.

Oh come on! I say much worse in here all the time! :-)

: Catherine Johnson. Soylent Green is PEOPLE!!!

Right.

Riddler

Apr 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/26/98

Riftwar001 wrote:

> I don't know about this, but do you think their is some chemistry between
> Carlos and Ashley. I don't know why, but when they started sharing that milk
> shake, Ashleys grandmother gave her in todays episode, I thought I saw
> something between them. Just a thought.

I know I saw something between them -- the milkshake.

:)

TCurryFan

Apr 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/26/98

"don25...@aol.com (Don2530825)" said:

>>From: tcur...@aol.com (TCurryFan)
>>
>>Catherine Johnson. Soylent Green is PEOPLE!!!
>

>Ummmmm, Soylent Green....

Sorry... I was inspired by CLFunaro's .sig,

"Twigs are the meat of the desert!"

It's from a movie of the late 60's... The world is overpopulated (well, more
than it already is) and no one has any food, so someone decides to solve both
problems at once... The revelation that this wonderful new food sustance,
Soylent Green, is people, comes at the end of the movie, and was it's "big
surprise". But it's an old movie, and I think most people who care know about
it already, so I'm not really giving anything away. ^_^

>Don

>"I just have to ask... What <I>does</I> human flesh taste like?"

>"Chicken."
>From "Loaded Gun"

"Delicious and nutricious; tastes just like chicken!"- Batta, on how humans
would taste, from _Ferngully_.

Catherine Johnson.

Don2530825

Apr 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/26/98

><HTML>Subject: OTP: Soylent Green? (Was : Re: Carlos and Ashley?)<BR>
>From: tcur...@aol.com (TCurryFan)<BR>

>>Ummmmm, Soylent Green....<BR>
><BR>
>Sorry... I was inspired by CLFunaro's .sig, <BR>
>"Twigs are the meat of the desert!"<BR>

>It's from a movie of the late 60's... The world is overpopulated (well,

>more<BR>

>than it already is) and no one has any food, so someone decides to solve

>both<BR>

>problems at once... The revelation that this wonderful new food

>sustance,<BR>

>Soylent Green, is people, comes at the end of the movie, and was it's

>"big<BR>

>surprise". But it's an old movie, and I think most people who care know

>about<BR>
>it already, so I'm not really giving anything away. ^_^<BR>
<BR>
>Catherine Johnson.<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<P>Catherine, I knew that. Starring Charlton Heston, Chuck Connors<BR>
<P> and Edward G. Robinson in his last role.</P>
<BR>
<P>What I was referring to with the "Ummm" comment, was an episode<BR>
of the "Simpson's" where Homer and Bart go to see a movie in the <BR>
future, and the snacks are Soylent Green. And Homer, in his own special<BR>
way, does his drooling voice, "Ummmmm, Soylent Green."<BR>
<BR>
<P>Don</P>

Riftwar001

Apr 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/26/98

>: >Riftwar001 (riftw...@aol.com) wrote:
>: >: I don't know about this, but do you think their is some chemistry
>between
>: >: Carlos and Ashley. I don't know why, but when they started sharing that
>: >milk
>: >: shake, Ashleys grandmother gave her in todays episode, I thought I saw
>: >: something between them. Just a thought.
>: >
>: >I know I'm confused. I thought Ashley and Andros were beginning a
>: >"thing."
>
>: I stand by my belief that the real reason Judd adapted this particular
>: MegaRanger episode so faithfully is because it unintentionally parodies
>Saban's
>: insecurities about Ash's love life. First she's with Carlos, then she's
>not,
>: then she is, then she's with Andros, etc, etc.
>
>Personally, I think TJ is better for Andros than Ashley is. ;-)

Ummm. If you don't mind me asking, how did you come to that conclusion?

The Shaw Family

Apr 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/26/98

> > >: I don't know about this, but do you think their is some chemistry
>
> > >: between Carlos and Ashley. I don't know why, but when they
> > >: started sharing that milk shake, Ashleys grandmother gave her in
> > >: todays episode, I thought I saw something between them. Just a
> > >: thought.
> > >
> > >I know I'm confused. I thought Ashley and Andros were
> > >beginning a "thing."
> >
> > They never had a "thing". SHE was after him, but I've never gotten
> the
> > impression he reciprocated those feelings. She seems to have
> stopped pursuing
> > him.

What about in "The Great Evilizer" when A & A were gliding home from
that heavy-gravity world, and they started showing off for each other?
That whole sequence--on the planet and back in space--seemed to me like
one of Saban's attempts at making us think the two of them had something
special between them.

Then again, Andros seemed to be nothing but amused at the situation
going on in "Grandma Matchmaker". One would think that if Ashley meant
anything to him at all, he might have at least gotten a "jealous-glance"
close-up or two.

> the first ep they were in last year, Carlos wanted to walk Ashley home
> 'cuz there
> might be monsters. Then he said he wanted to do it just to be near
> her. Then
> later that ep Ashley did the same thing.

IMO, I think we've got a potential love triangle going in the PR
universe. This could be fun for the fanfic writers. *rubbing hands
together* From what I understand, Carlos was the first of the Rangers to
really bond with Andros, in "Never Stop Searching".

*laughing evilly* This could be goooooood.....

Evilly yours,
~~Nan

TCurryFan

Apr 27, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/27/98

"jmon...@newshost.li.net (Montgomery)" said:

>TCurryFan (tcur...@aol.com) wrote:
>: "jmon...@newshost.li.net (Montgomery)" said:
>:

>: >Personally, I think TJ is better for Andros than Ashley is. ;-)
>:

>: <LOOONG ole pause>
>: Ya know, as much as I'd love to comment here, but nothing I
>: could say would be appropriate for this ng, so I'll just shut up.
>
>Oh come on! I say much worse in here all the time! :-)

Ummm... No, I don't think so.

>: Catherine Johnson. Soylent Green is PEOPLE!!!
>
>Right.

^_^

>--
>
> (>_________{ Monty }__________<)
> (> jmon...@suffolk.lib.ny.us <)
> (>----------------------------<)
> (> "A good psycho always <)
> (> sits and waits." <)
> (> -- P.M. <)
> (>____________________<)

Catherine Johnson. o/~ "Andros and TJ/Sittin' in a tree/ K-i-s-s-i-n-g..."
o/~

TCurryFan

Apr 27, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/27/98

"don25...@aol.com (Don2530825)" said:

>>From: tcur...@aol.com (TCurryFan)
>>
>>>Ummmmm, Soylent Green....

>>Sorry... I was inspired by CLFunaro's .sig,

>>"Twigs are the meat of the desert!"

<my explantion of "Soylent Green is PEOPLE!"

>Catherine, I knew that. Starring Charlton Heston, Chuck Connors

>and Edward G. Robinson in his last role.

>What I was referring to with the "Ummm" comment, was an

>episode of the "Simpson's" where Homer and Bart go to see a
>movie in the future, and the snacks are Soylent Green. And
>Homer, in his own special way, does his drooling voice,
>"Ummmmm, Soylent Green."

Oh, ok... I gotcha. But usually I see it written, "Hmmm..." But, oh,
well. ^_^

>Don

Catherine Johnson.

Montgomery

Apr 27, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/27/98

Riftwar001 (riftw...@aol.com) wrote:
: >
: >: >Riftwar001 (riftw...@aol.com) wrote:
: >: >: I don't know about this, but do you think their is some chemistry

: >between
: >: >: Carlos and Ashley. I don't know why, but when they started sharing that
: >: >milk
: >: >: shake, Ashleys grandmother gave her in todays episode, I thought I saw
: >: >: something between them. Just a thought.
: >: >
: >: >I know I'm confused. I thought Ashley and Andros were beginning a
: >: >"thing."
: >
: >: I stand by my belief that the real reason Judd adapted this particular

: >: MegaRanger episode so faithfully is because it unintentionally parodies
: >Saban's
: >: insecurities about Ash's love life. First she's with Carlos, then she's
: >not,
: >: then she is, then she's with Andros, etc, etc.
: >

: >Personally, I think TJ is better for Andros than Ashley is. ;-)

: Ummm. If you don't mind me asking, how did you come to that conclusion?

Andros smiles at TJ a lot more than at Ashley.

greenast...@hotmail.com

Apr 27, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/27/98

In article <6hu9l5$ssq$1...@news01.li.net>,

jmon...@newshost.li.net (Montgomery) wrote:

> Riftwar001 (riftw...@aol.com) wrote:
> : I don't know about this, but do you think their is some chemistry between
> : Carlos and Ashley. I don't know why, but when they started sharing that milk
> : shake, Ashleys grandmother gave her in todays episode, I thought I saw
> : something between them. Just a thought.
>
> I know I'm confused. I thought Ashley and Andros were beginning a
> "thing."
> --
>
> (>_________{ Monty }__________<)
> (> jmon...@suffolk.lib.ny.us <)
> (>----------------------------<)
> (> "A good psycho always <)
> (> sits and waits." <)
> (> -- P.M. <)
> (>____________________<)

Just don't expect to see me and Carlos at the Zordies wrap party....we got
our own plans:) And can you please not invite Ashley's grandmother? I
woudln't wanna have to kill her:) Kate

Montgomery

Apr 27, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/27/98

greenast...@hotmail.com wrote:
: In article <6hu9l5$ssq$1...@news01.li.net>,

: jmon...@newshost.li.net (Montgomery) wrote:
: >
: > Riftwar001 (riftw...@aol.com) wrote:
: > : I don't know about this, but do you think their is some chemistry between
: > : Carlos and Ashley. I don't know why, but when they started sharing that milk
: > : shake, Ashleys grandmother gave her in todays episode, I thought I saw
: > : something between them. Just a thought.
: >
: > I know I'm confused. I thought Ashley and Andros were beginning a
: > "thing."

: Just don't expect to see me and Carlos at the Zordies wrap party....we got
: our own plans:)

Ooh-la-la...

: And can you please not invite Ashley's grandmother? I

: woudln't wanna have to kill her:) Kate

She's coming anyway. None of us can stop her!

PowerS1ayr

Apr 27, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/27/98

>greenast...@hotmail.com wrote:
>: In article <6hu9l5$ssq$1...@news01.li.net>,
>: jmon...@newshost.li.net (Montgomery) wrote:
>: >
>: > Riftwar001 (riftw...@aol.com) wrote:
>: > : I don't know about this, but do you think their is some chemistry
>between
>: > : Carlos and Ashley. I don't know why, but when they started sharing that
>milk
>: > : shake, Ashleys grandmother gave her in todays episode, I thought I saw
>: > : something between them. Just a thought.
>: >
>: > I know I'm confused. I thought Ashley and Andros were beginning a
>: > "thing."
>
>: Just don't expect to see me and Carlos at the Zordies wrap party....we got
>: our own plans:)
>
>Ooh-la-la...
>
>: And can you please not invite Ashley's grandmother? I
>: woudln't wanna have to kill her:) Kate
>
>She's coming anyway. None of us can stop her!
>-

She would be coming... well.. If it wasn't for the that fact that I gave her
wrong directions... BWHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!
__
\ /
S1ayr
\/

Gold_Astro_Ranger

Apr 28, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/28/98

In article <199804272100...@ladder03.news.aol.com>,
And, if she should still find her way there, to possibly ruin my date
with her lovely granddaughter, Farmer's Friend has something to help
her "chill out!"
Gold_Astro_Ranger (Who wonders why almost no one is Down on the Farm?)

TCurryFan

Apr 28, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/28/98

"The Shaw Family <ms...@adan.kingston.net>" said:

>> > They never had a "thing". SHE was after him, but I've never
>> > gotten the impression he reciprocated those feelings. She
>> > seems to have stopped pursuing him.
>
>What about in "The Great Evilizer" when A & A were gliding
>home from that heavy-gravity world, and they started showing
>off for each other? That whole sequence--on the planet and back
>in space--seemed to me like one of Saban's attempts at making us
>think the two of them had something special between them.

I just saw it as friendly comraderie. <shrug>

>Then again, Andros seemed to be nothing but amused at the
>situation going on in "Grandma Matchmaker". One would think
>that if Ashley meant anything to him at all, he might have at least
>gotten a "jealous-glance" close-up or two.

Yep.
Am I the only one who thought some of those scene were kinda mean...? I mean,
making fun of poor Ashley and Carlos! One the other hand, I also thought they
were _realistic_... I could see people acting that way.
Of course, I still think some needs to hit Granny with a clue-by-four, but...

>> the first ep they were in last year, Carlos wanted to walk Ashley
>> home 'cuz there might be monsters. Then he said he wanted to
>> do it just to be near her. Then later that ep Ashley did the same
>> thing.
>
>IMO, I think we've got a potential love triangle going in the PR
>universe. This could be fun for the fanfic writers. *rubbing hands
>together* From what I understand, Carlos was the first of the
>Rangers to really bond with Andros, in "Never Stop Searching".

This is true.
But.. A love triangle? Argh... Unless.. Andros were jealous of *Ashley*....

>*laughing evilly* This could be goooooood.....

*laughing even more evilly"

>Evilly yours,
>~~Nan

Catherine Johnson. ^_^

TCur...@aol.com ---------- Sailor Andromeda ---------- MiSTie #75, 125

"She's convinced she could hold back a glacier/ But she couldn't keep Baby
alive."
-Tori Amos, "Spark", _from_the_choirgirl_hotel_

miko

Apr 28, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/28/98

In article <35437A77...@adan.kingston.net>, The says...

>Then again, Andros seemed to be nothing but amused at the situation
>going on in "Grandma Matchmaker". One would think that if Ashley meant
>anything to him at all, he might have at least gotten a "jealous-glance"
>close-up or two.
>
>> the first ep they were in last year, Carlos wanted to walk Ashley home
>> 'cuz there
>> might be monsters. Then he said he wanted to do it just to be near
>> her. Then
>> later that ep Ashley did the same thing.
>
>IMO, I think we've got a potential love triangle going in the PR
>universe. This could be fun for the fanfic writers. *rubbing hands
>together* From what I understand, Carlos was the first of the Rangers to
>really bond with Andros, in "Never Stop Searching".
>
>*laughing evilly* This could be goooooood.....
>
>Evilly yours,
>~~Nan

I guess this is as close as we will get to a JetMan love triangle......actually
on second thought, nah, I take it back it doesn't come close to it at all. It
would be intresting to see though, although....forget it, I take THAT back too,
I don't want to see an Andros and Ashley storyline, <shudder>. I'd rather see
her with Carlos or something, IMO. :)

lazar

Apr 28, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/28/98

Gold_Astro_Ranger <cwil...@mail.win.org> wrote:

>> >: > : I don't know about this, but do you think their is some chemistry
>> >between
>> >: > : Carlos and Ashley. I don't know why, but when they started sharing that
>> >milk
>> >: > : shake, Ashleys grandmother gave her in todays episode, I thought I saw
>> >: > : something between them. Just a thought.
>> >: >
>> >: > I know I'm confused.

Oh, they were supposed to get together waaaaaay back in Turbo, but that
storyline was canned before it realy got started. If you can rewatch the
episode in which they first appear. Chemistry doesn't even begin to
scratch the surface of waht was going on. Still, I'm pissed that their
personalities didn't stick. I do like how Ashley developed, but Carlos
just became blander and blander. If he had retained some of his
apprehension about teamwork, it would have provided some interesting
tension, and maybe a nice moonlighting-esque test of wills between him
and Ashley. With Andros' reluctance to accept help and Carlos' reluctance
to work in a team unit could cause some friction with the others. That
combined with the two of them competing for Ashley would have made for a
very interesting team dynamic. Oh well. You can only expect so much from
Saban. Cassie is off limits. She's sticking with the Phantom Ranger. I've
got a gut feeling. TJ doesn't seem like he belongs with anyone else on
the team. Just my two cents.

-Mike Mammano

miko

Apr 28, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/28/98

In article <199804282040...@ladder01.news.aol.com>, tcur...@aol.com
says...

>"The Shaw Family <ms...@adan.kingston.net>" said:
>
>>IMO, I think we've got a potential love triangle going in the PR
>>universe. This could be fun for the fanfic writers. *rubbing hands
>>together* From what I understand, Carlos was the first of the
>>Rangers to really bond with Andros, in "Never Stop Searching".
>
>This is true.
>But.. A love triangle? Argh... Unless.. Andros were jealous of *Ashley*....

HAHAHAHAAHAAAA!!!{miko falls to the floor in uncontrollable laughter} Good one,
Catherine!! :)

>>*laughing evilly* This could be goooooood.....

TCurryFan

Apr 29, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/29/98

"miko" said:

>In article ><199804282040...@ladder01.news.aol.com>,
>tcur...@aol.com says...
>
>>"The Shaw Family <ms...@adan.kingston.net>" said:
>>
>>>IMO, I think we've got a potential love triangle going in the PR
>>>universe. This could be fun for the fanfic writers. *rubbing
>>>hands together* From what I understand, Carlos was the first of
>>>the Rangers to really bond with Andros, in "Never Stop
>>>Searching".
>>
>>This is true.
>>But.. A love triangle? Argh... Unless.. Andros were jealous of
>>*Ashley*....
>
>HAHAHAHAAHAAAA!!!{miko falls to the floor in uncontrollable
>laughter} Good one, Catherine!! :)

Thanks, miko. ^_^

Catherine Johnson.

The Shaw Family

Apr 29, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/29/98

> I do like how Ashley developed, but Carlos
> just became blander and blander. If he had retained some of his
> apprehension about teamwork, it would have provided some interesting
> tension, and maybe a nice moonlighting-esque test of wills between him
>
> and Ashley.

Two teamwork-phobic Ranghers on one team? How would they get anything
done? ^_^

> With Andros' reluctance to accept help and Carlos' reluctance
> to work in a team unit could cause some friction with the others. That
>
> combined with the two of them competing for Ashley would have made for
> very interesting team dynamic.

Very true...

*lightbulb*

My friend, you've just inspired a fanfic.

> Oh well. You can only expect so much from
> Saban. Cassie is off limits. She's sticking with the Phantom Ranger.
> I've
> got a gut feeling. TJ doesn't seem like he belongs with anyone else on
>
> the team. Just my two cents.
>
> -Mike Mammano

Yeah, Cassie is pretty much out of the picture for love interests within
the team, but it'll still be interesting when she learns Phanty's ID.
It'll be strange if Phanty does turn out to be someone we know!Other
than that, I seriously think TJ needs to meet some slinky alien girl
whom everyone else believes is out to get them or something. Once again,
fanfic territory, but Teej is long overdue for a love interest.

I'll get started right away! *jk*
~~Nan

Kamikaze

Apr 29, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/29/98

The Shaw Family wrote in message <354743D7...@adan.kingston.net>...

>Yeah, Cassie is pretty much out of the picture for love interests within
>the team, but it'll still be interesting when she learns Phanty's ID.
>It'll be strange if Phanty does turn out to be someone we know!Other
>than that, I seriously think TJ needs to meet some slinky alien girl
>whom everyone else believes is out to get them or something. Once again,
>fanfic territory, but Teej is long overdue for a love interest.

Well, hopefully TJ won't go through Rocky syndrome (or Billy for that
matter). It seemed that the blue ranger always has lots of hopeless
romances. Then again, I guess Justin broke that chain.

I always thought that they would stick Teej and Cassie together after the
first episode with them in it, but, of course, they did the same with Ashley
and good old Carlos. Now that Phantom Ranger is back in the picture
though... Wait, he seems to be a robot, doesn't he? I guess we'll see...

Riddler

Apr 29, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/29/98

Kamikaze wrote:

> Well, hopefully TJ won't go through Rocky syndrome (or Billy for that
> matter). It seemed that the blue ranger always has lots of hopeless
> romances. Then again, I guess Justin broke that chain.

Yeah, but Justin was a little too young to be worrying about romance just yet.
Although he did manage to score a date with Cassie AND Ashley -- at the same
time, even!

TCurryFan

Apr 29, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/29/98

"The Shaw Family <ms...@adan.kingston.net>" said:

>I seriously think TJ needs to meet some slinky alien girl whom
>everyone else believes is out to get them or something.

<pause>
Astronema?

>Once again, fanfic territory, but Teej is long overdue for a love
>interest.

Amen!

>I'll get started right away! *jk*
>~~Nan

Catherine Johnson. Thank G*d for fanfiction!

TCurryFan

Apr 29, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/29/98

"Kamikaze <kami...@cyberia.com>" said:

> Wait, he seems to be a robot, doesn't he? I guess we'll see...

No, I don't think he's like a robot at all.

Catherine Johnson.

Matt "Mole" Tokich

Apr 29, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/29/98

>I seriously think TJ needs to meet some slinky alien girl
> whom everyone else believes is out to get them or something. Once again,

> fanfic territory, but Teej is long overdue for a love interest.

Hmmm....slinky alien girl. thought to be out to get them...... One
lady comes to mind and we all know her. It's Astronema!! Whether it's
b4 or after her past is revealed. It could get interesting or stupid.
i can see some tension between him and Andros if that happens.

Ranger-X

Kamikaze

Apr 30, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/30/98

TCurryFan wrote in message
<199804292146...@ladder01.news.aol.com>...

>"Kamikaze <kami...@cyberia.com>" said:
>
>> Wait, he seems to be a robot, doesn't he? I guess we'll see...
>
>No, I don't think he's like a robot at all.

Yeah, that's probably true. Then again, maybe the Producers haven't even
decided what they want to do with the Phantom yet. He did mysteriously
disappear at the end of Turbo, didn't he? Either way, I doubt that he will
become a regular cast member, so the odds of Cassie and he having a long
lasting relationship seem slim. Besides... they barely know each other.

Cr5

May 2, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/2/98

Riddler wrote:

yeah but a date with Cassie and Ashley would make any guy gro up fast
nudge nudge wink wink

-Cr5

The Shaw Family

May 2, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/2/98

> I just saw it as friendly comraderie. <shrug>

Certainly could have been, but why just those two Rangers? MegaRanger
plots and footage aside, would they have done that exact same scene with

Andros and one of the guys?? *yikes*. Plot suggestion works in strange
ways when it comes to Saban. As hard as we try to deny it (*guilty*)
this is still a kids show. Most often, the most obvious answer is going
to be the right one.
This is not to say I'm right of course (perish forbid. ^_^), I just know

I have a tendency to read into Power Rangers too much, like there's
something more complicated and intriguing to it than what I'm seeing
(*as if*). :)

> Yep.
> Am I the only one who thought some of those scene were kinda mean...?
> I mean,
> making fun of poor Ashley and Carlos! One the other hand, I also
> thought they
> were _realistic_... I could see people acting that way.
> Of course, I still think some needs to hit Granny with a clue-by-four,

> but...

No, I agree. That was kind of nasty. As for realistic though, why did
Saban decide to be realistic NOW of all times??

Now excuse me, I'm off to the lumberyard. Wonder how much clue-by-fours
go for around here?

Evilly yours,
~~Nan

TCurryFan

May 3, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/3/98

"The Shaw Family <ms...@adan.kingston.net>" said:

>> I just saw it as friendly comraderie. <shrug>
>
>Certainly could have been, but why just those two Rangers?

Ummm... Good question.

>MegaRanger plots and footage aside, would they have done that
>exact same scene with Andros and one of the guys?? *yikes*.

Not... Gonna... Say it....
BTW, am I the only who wanted to SMACK Andros upside the head when he said,
"You're number one, Ashley!!" Or better yet, smack the writer who wrote that
line...
<shudder>

>Plot suggestion works in strange ways when it comes to Saban.

This is true.

>As hard as we try to deny it (*guilty*) this is still a kids show. Most
>often, the most obvious answer is going to be the right one.

True... <sigh>

>This is not to say I'm right of course (perish forbid. ^_^), I just
>know I have a tendency to read into Power Rangers too much,
>like there's something more complicated and intriguing to it than
>what I'm seeing (*as if*). :)

Oh, I know... I do that all the time, myself. ^_^

>> Am I the only one who thought some of those scene were kinda

>> mean...? I mean, making fun of poor Ashley and Carlos! On the

>> other hand, I also thought they were _realistic_... I could see
>> people acting that way.
>> Of course, I still think some needs to hit Granny with a
>> clue-by-four, but...
>
>No, I agree. That was kind of nasty. As for realistic though, why
>did Saban decide to be realistic NOW of all times??

I know... <sigh>
But I really dug their little binoculars. ^_^

>Now excuse me, I'm off to the lumberyard. Wonder how much
>clue-by-fours go for around here?

They're really cheap, thank G*d, considering how many people need them...

>Evilly yours,
>~~Nan

Catherine Johnson. I'm sure everyone on this ng- myself included- could use
one now and again.

TCur...@aol.com ---------- Sailor Andromeda ---------- MiSTie #75, 125

"Evil is a point of view. God kills indiscriminately- and so shall we."
-Lestat de Lioncourt, _Interview_With_the_Vampire_.

Montgomery

May 3, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/3/98

TCurryFan (tcur...@aol.com) wrote:

: "The Shaw Family <ms...@adan.kingston.net>" said:

: >> I just saw it as friendly comraderie. <shrug>
: >
: >Certainly could have been, but why just those two Rangers?
: Ummm... Good question.

: >MegaRanger plots and footage aside, would they have done that
: >exact same scene with Andros and one of the guys?? *yikes*.

: Not... Gonna... Say it....
: BTW, am I the only who wanted to SMACK Andros upside the head when he said,
: "You're number one, Ashley!!" Or better yet, smack the writer who wrote that
: line...
: <shudder>

I like Phasm's interpretation of that line. It includes a certain finger
on Andros' hand...

The Shaw Family

May 3, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/3/98

> >MegaRanger plots and footage aside, would they have done that
> >exact same scene with Andros and one of the guys?? *yikes*.
>
> Not... Gonna... Say it....
> BTW, am I the only who wanted to SMACK Andros upside the head when he
> said,
> "You're number one, Ashley!!" Or better yet, smack the writer who
> wrote that
> line...
> <shudder>

Oh gawd, I remember that feeling!! =D

> >No, I agree. That was kind of nasty. As for realistic though, why
> >did Saban decide to be realistic NOW of all times??
>
> I know... <sigh>
> But I really dug their little binoculars. ^_^

They have all sorts of other funky little tidbits of technology, why not
opera glasses?

> Catherine Johnson. I'm sure everyone on this ng- myself included-
> could use

> [a clue by four] now and again.

*ducks and covers head with both arms* Wait, did you mean we could use
one TO hit with or to BE hit wtih...?
Frightened, but still evilly yours,
~~Nan

TCurryFan

May 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/4/98

"The Shaw Family <ms...@adan.kingston.net>" said:

>> BTW, am I the only who wanted to SMACK Andros upside the
>> head when he said, "You're number one, Ashley!!" Or better
>> yet, smack the writer who wrote that line... <shudder>
>
>Oh gawd, I remember that feeling!! =D

Yea. AAAARRGHHH!!

>> But I really dug their little binoculars. ^_^
>
>They have all sorts of other funky little tidbits of technology, why
>not opera glasses?

True. But they looked like the same kinda Granny was using...

>> Catherine Johnson. I'm sure everyone on this ng- myself
>> included- could use [a clue by four] now and again.
>
>*ducks and covers head with both arms* Wait, did you mean we
>could use one TO hit with or to BE hit wtih...?

Both. But don't worry, there are a LOT of other people I wanna go after first.

OOooh... Neuuuuuroooon...
<thinks>
Nah... I'm not gonna waste a good clue-by-four on someone with no brain...

>Frightened, but still evilly yours,
>~~Nan

Catherine Johnson, who really, REALLY hates trolls.