I Saw King Kong Last Night (Discreet Spoilers -- Read Til I Say Stop)

Bill Anderson

Dec 29, 2005, 10:09:47 PM12/29/05
Actually, I saw it with Rimrunner and Morwen (Genevieve and Zeynep).
And we went out to dinner afterward with Rim's parents. Mandalay
Restaurant in Silver Spring, Maryland -- Burmese food. All in all, an
absolutely excellent evening.

http://www.mandalayrc.com/

As for the movie, I gotta say I loved it. I sat riveted to the screen
for over three hours, just reveling in a great story. The time galloped
along.

Have you seen it? Yes? Then keep reading. No? Well, stop reading
after the next paragraph.

Yes, Seepy Eye, I'm serious. Stop after this paragraph. Unless you have
already seen it. Which you haven't, living as you do in East Jesus
Whatisthisplace. Cuz it's a really good movie, and even though I
basically knew everything that was going to happen, and you probably do
too, being a student of the original, the new details were just
delightful and I don't want to ruin any fun for you.

If you haven't seen it, stop reading now. I'm serious. Stop.

I thought the whole introduction was inspired, and the jokes were fun.
Jack Black made up to look like Orson Welles -- nice touch. "Faye" was
busy making a picture for RKO -- nice nod to her. Using dialogue from
the original for Anne Darrow's and "Bruce" Baxter's line readings -- for
someone who knows the original film, that was disconcerting and fun at
the same time. Max Steiner's music, afro wigs, models of the original
set and coconut brassieres for the stage show -- much fun. I liked all
the in-jokes that didn't go over my head, and I'll watch for more the
next time through. And I thought the whole skid row intro complete with
vaudeville routines and Al Jolson music was an inspired way to set the
scene.

Jack Black was just fine. Not great exactly, but just fine. Excellent
at times. Not so great at other times. Sucky occasionally. Even I
coulda done a better job with "Kong, the Eighth Wonder of the World!"
And as for "It was Beauty killed the Beast," Jack, it's back to acting
school for you.

Now as for the first mate and Jimmy --

My problem with these characters -- who I actually liked very much --
was that they really had no payoff. Jimmy's origins were made to seem
mysterious, as though he had some history with Skull Island ... or so I
thought. But apparently I was wrong. Also, every time the first mate
spoke the name "Jimmy" while providing fatherly advice, all I could
think of was Peter Graves asking the kid in "Airplane" if he liked
gladiator movies. I was almost laughing aloud around the fourth
"Jimmy." Worse, they put a sub-machine gun in Jimmy's hands and made
him a wholly inadvertent and hugely improbable insect exterminator. That
scene took me completely out of the movie -- Jimmy firing volleys at
Adrian Brody and hitting only the creepy crawlies. Good grief. Jack
Driscoll was a dead man right there, but he walked away neither nibbled
by a bug nor grazed by a bullet. A movie miracle. And why didn't we
see Jimmy in New York?

Worse, the cowardly "Bruce" Baxter saves the day by swashbuckling across
the screen on a vine. And what was the deal with the saber tooth
penises? The spider pit sequence didn't work in the original movie, so
they cut it. I think it easily could have been cut from this one too.

The brontosaurus stampede was too long, too repetitious, too
unbelievable. The good guys got squashed about 20 times, but they kept
running.

Enough with the criticisms. I love a *story* and this movie took a
fabulous tale from 1933 and made it even better. It was a roller
coaster ride from beginning to end, hugely entertaining and fascinating.
I loved it. King Kong is the thrill ride movie of the year.

--
Bill Anderson

I am the Mighty Favog

Muuurgh

Dec 29, 2005, 10:31:02 PM12/29/05

"Bill Anderson" <billand...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> Actually, I saw it with Rimrunner and Morwen (Genevieve and Zeynep). And
> we went out to dinner afterward with Rim's parents. Mandalay Restaurant
> in Silver Spring, Maryland -- Burmese food. All in all, an absolutely
> excellent evening.

How come you never wanted to hang out with Mrovv and I?

Huh?
-Muuurgh

Bill Anderson

Dec 29, 2005, 10:36:07 PM12/29/05
Muuurgh wrote:
> "Bill Anderson" <billand...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>
>>Actually, I saw it with Rimrunner and Morwen (Genevieve and Zeynep). And
>>we went out to dinner afterward with Rim's parents. Mandalay Restaurant
>>in Silver Spring, Maryland -- Burmese food. All in all, an absolutely
>>excellent evening.
>

> How come you never wanted to hang out with Mrovv and I?
>
> Huh?
> -Muuurgh

Grrrrrr.

C'Pi

Jan 1, 2006, 3:30:38 AM1/1/06
Bill Anderson wrote:
> Actually, I saw it with Rimrunner and Morwen (Genevieve and Zeynep).
> And we went out to dinner afterward with Rim's parents. Mandalay
> Restaurant in Silver Spring, Maryland -- Burmese food. All in all, an
> absolutely excellent evening.

Well look at you. Ladeda.

> http://www.mandalayrc.com/
>
> As for the movie, I gotta say I loved it. I sat riveted to the screen
> for over three hours, just reveling in a great story. The time
> galloped along.

I haven't seen it yet.

> Have you seen it?

No.

> Yes?

Crimeny, I already told ya twice.

> Then keep reading.

But I just told you I haven't seen it.

> No?

Now you're catching on.

> Well, stop reading
> after the next paragraph.

Bossy.

> Yes, Seepy Eye, I'm serious. Stop after this paragraph Unless you
> have already seen it.

Oh, I've already seen the older versions.

> Which you haven't, living as you do in East
> Jesus Whatisthisplace.

Is that whose house this is?

> Cuz it's a really good movie, and even though
> I basically knew everything that was going to happen, and you
> probably do too, being a student of the original, the new details
> were just delightful and I don't want to ruin any fun for you.

Oh pish.

> If you haven't seen it, stop reading now.

Tosh.

> I'm serious.

Really?

>Stop.

Well gosh darn.

*kicks a rock*

I hope I see it next weekend but it will have probably already left the
theaters by then.

Then I'll finish this post.

C'Pi

Lefty Skywalker

Jan 3, 2006, 12:04:43 AM1/3/06
Saw it, liked it.

My impression is that they remade the King Kong you remember having seen
when you were 7, not the King Kong you go back and see when you're an
adult. The battle with the tyrannosaurs was just so much fun.

I like the captain, maybe just because he reminds me of the captain in
Das Boot. And also because he has a hidden stash of Thompsons, but is a
big softie inside and always comes back to rescue everyone.

I'm with Bill on the kid and the 1st mate. Why bother?

There was an article in Slate about how, in the old movie, the babe was
just a screaming ditz who wanted nothing to do with the ape, but not in
this one. In this one, the babe forms a sort of relationship with the
ape and it short-circuits the love story.

--
Daniel O. Miller

"The most beautiful experience we can have is the mysterious. It is the
fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true
science. Whosoever does not know it and can no longer marvel, is as good
as dead, and his eyes are dimmed." - Albert Einstein

WWYD? (-o-) <*>

(hotmail addy is a red herring; I'm darth dot lefty at gee em ay eye el)

Pork Coffee

Jan 3, 2006, 11:11:07 PM1/3/06
On Thu, 29 Dec 2005 22:09:47 -0500, Bill Anderson
transmitted this:

>Actually, I saw it with Rimrunner and Morwen (Genevieve and Zeynep).
>And we went out to dinner afterward with Rim's parents. Mandalay
>Restaurant in Silver Spring, Maryland -- Burmese food. All in all, an
>absolutely excellent evening.
>
>http://www.mandalayrc.com/
>
>As for the movie, I gotta say I loved it. I sat riveted to the screen
>for over three hours, just reveling in a great story. The time galloped
>along.
>
>Have you seen it? Yes? Then keep reading. No? Well, stop reading
>after the next paragraph.
>
>Yes, Seepy Eye, I'm serious. Stop after this paragraph. Unless you have
>already seen it. Which you haven't, living as you do in East Jesus
>Whatisthisplace. Cuz it's a really good movie, and even though I
>basically knew everything that was going to happen, and you probably do
>too, being a student of the original, the new details were just
>delightful and I don't want to ruin any fun for you.
>
>If you haven't seen it, stop reading now. I'm serious. Stop.

Wh..but...I won't get to see it until it hits
Starz, and by then I'll have forgotten the
spoilers!

Yay!

Wait...Kong dies? *lip quiver*

>I thought the whole introduction was inspired, and the jokes were fun.
>Jack Black made up to look like Orson Welles -- nice touch. "Faye" was
>busy making a picture for RKO -- nice nod to her. Using dialogue from
>the original for Anne Darrow's and "Bruce" Baxter's line readings -- for
>someone who knows the original film, that was disconcerting and fun at
>the same time. Max Steiner's music, afro wigs, models of the original
>set and coconut brassieres for the stage show -- much fun. I liked all
>the in-jokes that didn't go over my head, and I'll watch for more the
>next time through. And I thought the whole skid row intro complete with
>vaudeville routines and Al Jolson music was an inspired way to set the
>scene.
>
>Jack Black was just fine. Not great exactly, but just fine. Excellent
>at times. Not so great at other times. Sucky occasionally. Even I
>coulda done a better job with "Kong, the Eighth Wonder of the World!"
>And as for "It was Beauty killed the Beast," Jack, it's back to acting
>school for you.

I did wonder what a guy like him was doing in a
movie like this.

>Now as for the first mate and Jimmy --
>
>My problem with these characters -- who I actually liked very much --
>was that they really had no payoff. Jimmy's origins were made to seem
>mysterious, as though he had some history with Skull Island ... or so I
>thought. But apparently I was wrong. Also, every time the first mate
>spoke the name "Jimmy" while providing fatherly advice, all I could
>think of was Peter Graves asking the kid in "Airplane" if he liked
>gladiator movies. I was almost laughing aloud around the fourth
>"Jimmy." Worse, they put a sub-machine gun in Jimmy's hands and made
>him a wholly inadvertent and hugely improbable insect exterminator. That
>scene took me completely out of the movie -- Jimmy firing volleys at
>Adrian Brody and hitting only the creepy crawlies. Good grief. Jack
>Driscoll was a dead man right there, but he walked away neither nibbled
>by a bug nor grazed by a bullet. A movie miracle. And why didn't we
>see Jimmy in New York?

In the '30s, NY had a law against stuff that takes
you out of the movie.

>Worse, the cowardly "Bruce" Baxter saves the day by swashbuckling across
>the screen on a vine. And what was the deal with the saber tooth
>penises? The spider pit sequence didn't work in the original movie, so
>they cut it. I think it easily could have been cut from this one too.
>
>The brontosaurus stampede was too long, too repetitious, too
>unbelievable. The good guys got squashed about 20 times, but they kept
>running.

Why am I picturing ROTK?

>Enough with the criticisms. I love a *story* and this movie took a
>fabulous tale from 1933 and made it even better. It was a roller
>coaster ride from beginning to end, hugely entertaining and fascinating.
> I loved it. King Kong is the thrill ride movie of the year.

I enjoy the Kong Corn Flakes very much.

Hanky Huckleberry

C'Pi

Jan 10, 2006, 11:35:51 AM1/10/06
Pork Coffee wrote:
> On Thu, 29 Dec 2005 22:09:47 -0500, Bill Anderson
> transmitted this:

Well I finally saw the movie so I can read Bill's post now. I'll have to
piggyback on Gumbies post though.

>> Actually, I saw it with Rimrunner and Morwen (Genevieve and Zeynep).
>> And we went out to dinner afterward with Rim's parents. Mandalay
>> Restaurant in Silver Spring, Maryland -- Burmese food. All in all, an
>> absolutely excellent evening.
>>
>> http://www.mandalayrc.com/
>>
>> As for the movie, I gotta say I loved it. I sat riveted to the
>> screen for over three hours, just reveling in a great story. The
>> time galloped along.
>>
>> Have you seen it? Yes? Then keep reading. No? Well, stop reading
>> after the next paragraph.
>>
>> Yes, Seepy Eye, I'm serious. Stop after this paragraph. Unless you
>> have already seen it. Which you haven't, living as you do in East
>> Jesus Whatisthisplace. Cuz it's a really good movie, and even
>> though I basically knew everything that was going to happen, and you
>> probably do too, being a student of the original, the new details
>> were just delightful and I don't want to ruin any fun for you.
>>
>> If you haven't seen it, stop reading now. I'm serious. Stop.
>
> Wh..but...I won't get to see it until it hits
> Starz, and by then I'll have forgotten the
> spoilers!
>
> Yay!
>

> Wait...Kong dies? *lip quiver*

Don't believe it!!

>> I thought the whole introduction was inspired, and the jokes were
>> fun. Jack Black made up to look like Orson Welles -- nice touch.
>> "Faye" was busy making a picture for RKO -- nice nod to her. Using
>> dialogue from the original for Anne Darrow's and "Bruce" Baxter's
>> line readings -- for someone who knows the original film, that was
>> disconcerting and fun at the same time. Max Steiner's music, afro
>> wigs, models of the original set and coconut brassieres for the
>> stage show -- much fun. I liked all the in-jokes that didn't go
>> over my head, and I'll watch for more the next time through. And I
>> thought the whole skid row intro complete with vaudeville routines
>> and Al Jolson music was an inspired way to set the scene.

It was ok.

>> Jack Black was just fine.

He was ok.

> Not great exactly, but just fine.
>> Excellent at times. Not so great at other times. Sucky
>> occasionally. Even I coulda done a better job with "Kong, the
>> Eighth Wonder of the World!" And as for "It was Beauty killed the
>> Beast," Jack, it's back to acting school for you.

There he sucked.

> I did wonder what a guy like him was doing in a
> movie like this.

He was ok.

>> Now as for the first mate and Jimmy --

Good characters poorly handled.

>> My problem with these characters -- who I actually liked very much --
>> was that they really had no payoff.

Hey, didn't I just say that.

> Jimmy's origins were made to seem
>> mysterious, as though he had some history with Skull Island ... or
>> so I thought. But apparently I was wrong. Also, every time the
>> first mate spoke the name "Jimmy" while providing fatherly advice,
>> all I could think of was Peter Graves asking the kid in "Airplane"
>> if he liked gladiator movies. I was almost laughing aloud around
>> the fourth "Jimmy." Worse, they put a sub-machine gun in Jimmy's
>> hands and made him a wholly inadvertent and hugely improbable insect
>> exterminator. That scene took me completely out of the movie --
>> Jimmy firing volleys at Adrian Brody and hitting only the creepy
>> crawlies. Good grief. Jack Driscoll was a dead man right there,
>> but he walked away neither nibbled by a bug nor grazed by a bullet.
>> A movie miracle. And why didn't we see Jimmy in New York?

Cause he was just there for fake emotionalism.

The bug thing was easily the most deleteable scene. Movie did not need to
be 3 hours long.

> In the '30s, NY had a law against stuff that takes
> you out of the movie.

They should bring that law back.

>> Worse, the cowardly "Bruce" Baxter saves the day by swashbuckling
>> across the screen on a vine. And what was the deal with the saber
>> tooth penises? The spider pit sequence didn't work in the original
>> movie, so they cut it. I think it easily could have been cut from
>> this one too.

Didn't I just say that, too?

>> The brontosaurus stampede was too long, too repetitious, too
>> unbelievable. The good guys got squashed about 20 times, but they
>> kept running.

True.

> Why am I picturing ROTK?

Don't do it!!

>> Enough with the criticisms. I love a *story* and this movie took a
>> fabulous tale from 1933 and made it even better. It was a roller
>> coaster ride from beginning to end, hugely entertaining and
>> fascinating. I loved it. King Kong is the thrill ride movie of the
>> year.

It was ok. Hated the sappy emotional filmaking gimmicks. Slo-mo and the
like. Some good action and very good parts with Watts and the ape.

> I enjoy the Kong Corn Flakes very much.

Are they ape-a-licious?

C'Pi

> Hanky Huckleberry

C'Pi

Jan 10, 2006, 11:42:20 AM1/10/06
Lefty Skywalker wrote:
> Saw it, liked it.
>
> My impression is that they remade the King Kong you remember having
> seen when you were 7, not the King Kong you go back and see when
> you're an adult. The battle with the tyrannosaurs was just so much
> fun.
> I like the captain, maybe just because he reminds me of the captain in
> Das Boot. And also because he has a hidden stash of Thompsons, but
> is a big softie inside and always comes back to rescue everyone.
>
> I'm with Bill on the kid and the 1st mate. Why bother?
>
> There was an article in Slate about how, in the old movie, the babe
> was just a screaming ditz who wanted nothing to do with the ape, but
> not in this one. In this one, the babe forms a sort of relationship
> with the ape and it short-circuits the love story.

Good point. I felt there was something wrong with their relationship. I
mean other than the fact I don't see why someone as hot as Naomi Watts would
fall for Adrian Brody. Sure, she did fall for the ape too, but at least his
nose pointed in the right direction.

C'Pi

Pork Coffee

Jan 10, 2006, 9:17:11 PM1/10/06
On Wed, 11 Jan 2006 00:35:51 +0800, C'Pi
transmitted this:

>Pork Coffee wrote:
>> On Thu, 29 Dec 2005 22:09:47 -0500, Bill Anderson
>> transmitted this:
>
>Well I finally saw the movie so I can read Bill's post now. I'll have to
>piggyback on Gumbies post though.

Whee!

>>> Actually, I saw it with Rimrunner and Morwen (Genevieve and Zeynep).
>>> And we went out to dinner afterward with Rim's parents. Mandalay
>>> Restaurant in Silver Spring, Maryland -- Burmese food. All in all, an
>>> absolutely excellent evening.
>>>
>>> http://www.mandalayrc.com/
>>>
>>> As for the movie, I gotta say I loved it. I sat riveted to the
>>> screen for over three hours, just reveling in a great story. The
>>> time galloped along.
>>>
>>> Have you seen it? Yes? Then keep reading. No? Well, stop reading
>>> after the next paragraph.
>>>
>>> Yes, Seepy Eye, I'm serious. Stop after this paragraph. Unless you
>>> have already seen it. Which you haven't, living as you do in East
>>> Jesus Whatisthisplace. Cuz it's a really good movie, and even
>>> though I basically knew everything that was going to happen, and you
>>> probably do too, being a student of the original, the new details
>>> were just delightful and I don't want to ruin any fun for you.
>>>
>>> If you haven't seen it, stop reading now. I'm serious. Stop.
>>
>> Wh..but...I won't get to see it until it hits
>> Starz, and by then I'll have forgotten the
>> spoilers!
>>
>> Yay!
>>

>> Wait...Kong dies? *lip quiver*
>
>Don't believe it!!

Ooh.

>>> I thought the whole introduction was inspired, and the jokes were
>>> fun. Jack Black made up to look like Orson Welles -- nice touch.
>>> "Faye" was busy making a picture for RKO -- nice nod to her. Using
>>> dialogue from the original for Anne Darrow's and "Bruce" Baxter's
>>> line readings -- for someone who knows the original film, that was
>>> disconcerting and fun at the same time. Max Steiner's music, afro
>>> wigs, models of the original set and coconut brassieres for the
>>> stage show -- much fun. I liked all the in-jokes that didn't go
>>> over my head, and I'll watch for more the next time through. And I
>>> thought the whole skid row intro complete with vaudeville routines
>>> and Al Jolson music was an inspired way to set the scene.
>
>It was ok.
>
>>> Jack Black was just fine.
>
>He was ok.
>
>> Not great exactly, but just fine.
>>> Excellent at times. Not so great at other times. Sucky
>>> occasionally. Even I coulda done a better job with "Kong, the
>>> Eighth Wonder of the World!" And as for "It was Beauty killed the
>>> Beast," Jack, it's back to acting school for you.
>
>There he sucked.
>
>> I did wonder what a guy like him was doing in a
>> movie like this.
>
>He was ok.

Did he sing any songs?

>>> Now as for the first mate and Jimmy --
>
>Good characters poorly handled.
>
>>> My problem with these characters -- who I actually liked very much --
>>> was that they really had no payoff.
>
>Hey, didn't I just say that.
>
>> Jimmy's origins were made to seem
>>> mysterious, as though he had some history with Skull Island ... or
>>> so I thought. But apparently I was wrong. Also, every time the
>>> first mate spoke the name "Jimmy" while providing fatherly advice,
>>> all I could think of was Peter Graves asking the kid in "Airplane"
>>> if he liked gladiator movies. I was almost laughing aloud around
>>> the fourth "Jimmy." Worse, they put a sub-machine gun in Jimmy's
>>> hands and made him a wholly inadvertent and hugely improbable insect
>>> exterminator. That scene took me completely out of the movie --
>>> Jimmy firing volleys at Adrian Brody and hitting only the creepy
>>> crawlies. Good grief. Jack Driscoll was a dead man right there,
>>> but he walked away neither nibbled by a bug nor grazed by a bullet.
>>> A movie miracle. And why didn't we see Jimmy in New York?
>
>Cause he was just there for fake emotionalism.
>
>The bug thing was easily the most deleteable scene. Movie did not need to
>be 3 hours long.
>
>> In the '30s, NY had a law against stuff that takes
>> you out of the movie.
>
>They should bring that law back.

I will write to Pataki about it.

>>> Worse, the cowardly "Bruce" Baxter saves the day by swashbuckling
>>> across the screen on a vine. And what was the deal with the saber
>>> tooth penises? The spider pit sequence didn't work in the original
>>> movie, so they cut it. I think it easily could have been cut from
>>> this one too.
>
>Didn't I just say that, too?
>
>>> The brontosaurus stampede was too long, too repetitious, too
>>> unbelievable. The good guys got squashed about 20 times, but they
>>> kept running.
>
>True.
>
>> Why am I picturing ROTK?
>
>Don't do it!!

That's what I always tell myself as soon as I have
flashbacks.

>>> Enough with the criticisms. I love a *story* and this movie took a
>>> fabulous tale from 1933 and made it even better. It was a roller
>>> coaster ride from beginning to end, hugely entertaining and
>>> fascinating. I loved it. King Kong is the thrill ride movie of the
>>> year.
>
>It was ok. Hated the sappy emotional filmaking gimmicks. Slo-mo and the
>like. Some good action and very good parts with Watts and the ape.
>
>> I enjoy the Kong Corn Flakes very much.
>
>Are they ape-a-licious?

They are. They make me oddly attracted to apes,
though.

Hanky Huckleberry

>C'Pi
>
>> Hanky Huckleberry

C'Pi

Jan 11, 2006, 10:32:03 AM1/11/06
Pork Coffee wrote:
> On Wed, 11 Jan 2006 00:35:51 +0800, C'Pi
> transmitted this:
>
>> Pork Coffee wrote:
>>> On Thu, 29 Dec 2005 22:09:47 -0500, Bill Anderson
>>> transmitted this:
>>
>> Well I finally saw the movie so I can read Bill's post now. I'll
>> have to piggyback on Gumbies post though.
>
> Whee!

Run faster! Run faster!

I'm pretty sure I saw him wink at the end.

>> It was ok.

>> He was ok.
>>
>>> Not great exactly, but just fine.
>>
>> There he sucked.
>>
>>> I did wonder what a guy like him was doing in a
>>> movie like this.
>>
>> He was ok.
>
> Did he sing any songs?

He should have sung some AC/DC.

Write it in blood. It's the only way to get them to take you seriously.

It's all the hair. Who can resist all that hair?

C'Pi

Lefty Skywalker

Jan 11, 2006, 9:03:47 PM1/11/06
C'Pi wrote:
> Lefty Skywalker wrote:
>
>>Saw it, liked it.
>>
>>My impression is that they remade the King Kong you remember having
>>seen when you were 7, not the King Kong you go back and see when
>>you're an adult. The battle with the tyrannosaurs was just so much
>>fun.
>>I like the captain, maybe just because he reminds me of the captain in
>>Das Boot. And also because he has a hidden stash of Thompsons, but
>>is a big softie inside and always comes back to rescue everyone.
>>
>>I'm with Bill on the kid and the 1st mate. Why bother?
>>
>>There was an article in Slate about how, in the old movie, the babe
>>was just a screaming ditz who wanted nothing to do with the ape, but
>>not in this one. In this one, the babe forms a sort of relationship
>>with the ape and it short-circuits the love story.
>

> Good point. I felt there was something wrong with their relationship. I
> mean other than the fact I don't see why someone as hot as Naomi Watts would
> fall for Adrian Brody. Sure, she did fall for the ape too, but at least his
> nose pointed in the right direction.

I thought his nose *is* pointed to the right.

C'Pi

Jan 11, 2006, 11:08:29 PM1/11/06
Lefty Skywalker wrote:
> C'Pi wrote:
>> Lefty Skywalker wrote:
>>
>>> Saw it, liked it.
>>>
>>> My impression is that they remade the King Kong you remember having
>>> seen when you were 7, not the King Kong you go back and see when
>>> you're an adult. The battle with the tyrannosaurs was just so much
>>> fun.
>>> I like the captain, maybe just because he reminds me of the captain
>>> in Das Boot. And also because he has a hidden stash of Thompsons,
>>> but is a big softie inside and always comes back to rescue everyone.
>>>
>>> I'm with Bill on the kid and the 1st mate. Why bother?
>>>
>>> There was an article in Slate about how, in the old movie, the babe
>>> was just a screaming ditz who wanted nothing to do with the ape, but
>>> not in this one. In this one, the babe forms a sort of relationship
>>> with the ape and it short-circuits the love story.
>>

>> Good point. I felt there was something wrong with their
>> relationship. I mean other than the fact I don't see why someone as
>> hot as Naomi Watts would fall for Adrian Brody. Sure, she did fall
>> for the ape too, but at least his nose pointed in the right
>> direction.
>
> I thought his nose *is* pointed to the right.

I'm pretty sure it's to the left.

C'Pi

Bill Anderson

Jan 11, 2006, 11:13:07 PM1/11/06

Down. It points down.

Bill Anderson

--

I am the Mighty Favog

Pork Coffee

Jan 17, 2006, 10:27:53 PM1/17/06
On Thu, 12 Jan 2006 12:08:29 +0800, C'Pi
transmitted this:

>Lefty Skywalker wrote:

>> C'Pi wrote:

>>> Good point. I felt there was something wrong with their
>>> relationship. I mean other than the fact I don't see why someone as
>>> hot as Naomi Watts would fall for Adrian Brody. Sure, she did fall
>>> for the ape too, but at least his nose pointed in the right
>>> direction.
>>
>> I thought his nose *is* pointed to the right.
>
>I'm pretty sure it's to the left.

It points to Queens, I think.

Hanky Huckleberry

Pork Coffee

Jan 17, 2006, 10:27:53 PM1/17/06
On Wed, 11 Jan 2006 23:32:03 +0800, C'Pi
transmitted this:

>Pork Coffee wrote:
>> On Wed, 11 Jan 2006 00:35:51 +0800, C'Pi
>> transmitted this:

>>> Well I finally saw the movie so I can read Bill's post now. I'll
>>> have to piggyback on Gumbies post though.
>>
>> Whee!
>
>Run faster! Run faster!

My room isn't long enough to gather the required
speed!

He didn't give a thumbs-up and lower himself into
a vat of molten fondue as well, did he?

Every movie would be improved if someone sang
AC/DC.

I'll have to keep the message short.

There's hair in my cereal?

Hanky Huckleberry

>C'Pi
>
>> Hanky Huckleberry
>>
>>> C'Pi

C'Pi

Jan 20, 2006, 11:46:25 AM1/20/06
Pork Coffee wrote:
> On Wed, 11 Jan 2006 23:32:03 +0800, C'Pi
> transmitted this:
>
>> Pork Coffee wrote:
>>> On Wed, 11 Jan 2006 00:35:51 +0800, C'Pi
>>> transmitted this:

>>> Whee!
>>
>> Run faster! Run faster!
>
> My room isn't long enough to gather the required
> speed!

To the backyard!!

No. But it would have been cool if he had.

Porkins should have sang TNT in ANH.

You could always use your neighbors blood.

Where!?! Where!?!

*picks through Gumby's hair*

Here's some.

*hack*

Well I thought it was cereal.

C'Pi

> Hanky Huckleberry
>
>> C'Pi
>>
>>> Hanky Huckleberry

Pork Coffee

Jan 27, 2006, 6:47:20 PM1/27/06
On Sat, 21 Jan 2006 00:46:25 +0800, C'Pi
transmitted this:

>Pork Coffee wrote:
>> On Wed, 11 Jan 2006 23:32:03 +0800, C'Pi
>> transmitted this:

>>> Run faster! Run faster!
>>
>> My room isn't long enough to gather the required
>> speed!
>
>To the backyard!!

Okay! I hope my keyboard wire wi

I think everyone who dies in the movies should do
that. Padmé should've done that.

OMG, you're right. I have to re-edit the movie.

I'm not sure they'd go for that, they have their
own messages to write.

Damn. I've been using a special shampoo for that.
I guess it doesn't work.

Hanky Huckleberry

>C'Pi
>

>> Hanky Huckleberry
>>
>>> C'Pi

C'Pi

Jan 28, 2006, 8:25:49 AM1/28/06
Pork Coffee wrote:
> On Sat, 21 Jan 2006 00:46:25 +0800, C'Pi
> transmitted this:
>
>> Pork Coffee wrote:
>>> On Wed, 11 Jan 2006 23:32:03 +0800, C'Pi
>>> transmitted this:

>>> My room isn't long enough to gather the required
>>> speed!
>>
>> To the backyard!!
>
> Okay! I hope my keyboard wire wi

You need to go wireless. My mouse is wireless.

There's...still....goo...*thumps up*....*dies*....

Hey, that would have been good.

Cool. The all AC/DC version of Star Wars.

Selfish neighbors.

Wash your hair with Raid.

C'Pi

> Hanky Huckleberry
>
>> C'Pi
>>

>>> Hanky Huckleberry

Pork Coffee

Feb 1, 2006, 5:15:39 PM2/1/06
On Sat, 28 Jan 2006 21:25:49 +0800, C'Pi
transmitted this:

>Pork Coffee wrote:
>> On Sat, 21 Jan 2006 00:46:25 +0800, C'Pi
>> transmitted this:

>>> To the backyard!!
>>
>> Okay! I hope my keyboard wire wi
>
>You need to go wireless. My mouse is wireless.

But when I pull out the wire, it doesn't work.

I know! At least Leia would have a happier memory
of her mother, then.

Darth Sidious has a big number to Dirty Deeds Done
Dirt Cheap, and Oola and Yarna dance to She Shook
Me All Night Long.

Okay, I just did.

*explodes*

Hanky Huckleberry

>C'Pi
>
>> Hanky Huckleberry
>>
>>> C'Pi

C'Pi

Feb 2, 2006, 6:24:47 AM2/2/06

Must be defective. Try moving the wire around the mouse pad.

It would have tied the trilogies together much better. Lucas made a big
mistake when he didn't ask us to write the prequel trilogy.

Govenor Tarking sings Big Balls. Anakin's theme song is Highway to Hell.
And of course the big musical ending ROTS is Back in Black.

Woo-hoo!!

Do it again.

C'Pi

> Hanky Huckleberry
>
>> C'Pi
>>
>>> Hanky Huckleberry

Bill Anderson

Feb 2, 2006, 6:56:42 PM2/2/06

Ha ha ha. You misspelled Bells.

C'Pi

Feb 3, 2006, 6:51:13 AM2/3/06

I don't even know who Tarking is or why he has big bells. And what's a
govenor?

C'Pi

Pork Coffee

Feb 9, 2006, 10:06:57 PM2/9/06
On Thu, 2 Feb 2006 19:24:47 +0800, C'Pi
transmitted this:

That's fun. I know what cats get out of it, now.

I would have included a musical number where Jabba
recruits all his gang--it would've topped West
Side Story. *sigh*

Beautiful. *wipes tear*

Okay, I have some stubble growing back....

*explodes*

Ow.

Hanky Huckleberry