Could Jon Beaver be from Texas?

PuppetMaster

Jun 4, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/4/99
A lawyer who works in Texas got a call about an emergency which
required him to immediately fly out of the state for a short period of
time. He had no time to pack, so he called home to tell his wife he
is going.

The maid answered the call, but was quite hesitant about putting his
wife on the phone. After quite a bit of interrogation, she admitted
that the wife was upstairs in bed with the mailman! The lawyer was
furious, and wanted to rush right home, but the emergency was more
important.

So instead, he ordered the maid to go get the gun from the desk drawer
and kill both his wife and the mailman. She protested! But the
lawyer explained that under Texas law it is perfectly legal to kill
your adulterous wife and her lover. Using his silver tongue, he
finally persuaded her to do it.

She put down the phone, and soon the lawyer heard the sound of two gun
shots, a scream, some loud thumps, and finally, two splashes. The
maid came back to the phone.

The lawyer asked, "Did you kill them?"

"Yes," she replied.

The lawyer questioned her again, "What did you do with the bodies?"

"I threw them in the pool," she responded.

There was a brief pause from the lawyer. Then he slowly asked her,
"Did you say the pool?"

"Yes! I threw them in the pool!" she screamed.

"Ooh", he said, "Is this 555-8234?"