Tervehdys. Hello everybody...

Jouniac

Aug 10, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/10/00
Hello. I'm Jouniac...and I'm a Thingie.

I扉e been creepin' around in this NG every now and then
and thought that it would be polite to introduce myself
and let you know I'm watching you...

To the questions then.

1. When I'm not dreaming, I'm (usually) awake in
Hameenlinna, Finland (It's this country in northern
Europe). That's why my english may sometimes seem
weird...

2. I have seen Neil twice. Nice chap. He wore black
both times, but didn't have shades the second time
(Yes, he really has eyes!) and actually he's coming to
Finncon2000 (from 18th to 20th of August).

3. In 20 words or less, why is Neil the Chosen One?
Umm...He has unique ability combining ordinary
people and their lives with so-called weird-shit and
mythology. There you go!

4. What's a word that means red and green at the same
time? (feel free to get creative)
Err... I'd say it's suttu... yes, suttu. Or tuhru. Hmm...or
maybe sotku...

5. What kind of ice cream shall we get for you?
I dunno. Suprise me!

6. Other than Neil stuff, what floats your boat?
Good comics (Cait Kiernan, Alan Moore, Grant
Morrison, Dave McKean, Jeff Smith etc.), doing
illustrations and comics, aikido.

7. In what kind of music do you currently delight?
I love Tori Amos, but othervise I listen mostly pretty old
stuff like Blue Oyster Cult, Thin Lizzy, Led Zeppelin, Pink
Floyd, Iron Butterfly, Jethro Tull...

8. Which of Neil's works (or which part) has moved you
most, and why?
The whole Sandman-series. It's gigantic and
groundbreaking stuff.

So, see you around, eh?

Kauniita unia, fellow thingies.

Jouniac

* Sent from AltaVista http://www.altavista.com Where you can also find related Web Pages, Images, Audios, Videos, News, and Shopping. Smart is Beautiful

Doc Vacation

Aug 10, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/10/00
In article <11f733ec...@usw-ex0109-069.remarq.com>,

Jouniac <jouni.kopo...@precis.fi.invalid> wrote:
> Hello. I'm Jouniac...and I'm a Thingie.

<stands up with the group> Hallo Jonathon

> I扉e been creepin' around in this NG every now and then
> and thought that it would be polite to introduce myself
> and let you know I'm watching you...
>
> To the questions then.
>
> 1. When I'm not dreaming, I'm (usually) awake in
> Hameenlinna, Finland (It's this country in northern
> Europe). That's why my english may sometimes seem
> weird...

Woah, flood of Fins lately.

> 5. What kind of ice cream shall we get for you?
> I dunno. Suprise me!

Good, here is Strawberry-Cheescake by Hagen-Datz. Best ice cream ever.
Yam!

> 6. Other than Neil stuff, what floats your boat?
> Good comics (Cait Kiernan, Alan Moore, Grant
> Morrison, Dave McKean, Jeff Smith etc.), doing
> illustrations and comics, aikido.

http://www.savantmag.com Check it out. Brilliant

Hello and welcome. Too tired to come up with soething funny
Doc

--
I.H.T.F.P. last updated August 09 2000
http://www.geocities.com/marcusloydl

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Jouniac

Aug 10, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/10/00
In article <8mtvh8$a7j$1...@nnrp1.deja.com>, Doc
Vacation <docva...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> <stands up with the group> Hallo Jonathon

Who?

> Woah, flood of Fins lately.

Really? There's more of us? More people of Kalevala?
Where are you? Show yourselves!

> http://www.savantmag.com Check it out. Brilliant
> Hello and welcome.

Thank you kindly.

Too tired to come up with soething
> funny
> Doc

That's quite allright Doc. (propably wouldn't get it
anyhow)

Doc Vacation

Aug 10, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/10/00
In article <0a288596...@usw-ex0109-069.remarq.com>,

Jouniac <jouni.kopo...@precis.fi.invalid> wrote:
> In article <8mtvh8$a7j$1...@nnrp1.deja.com>, Doc
> Vacation <docva...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> > <stands up with the group> Hallo Jonathon
>
> Who?

Just trying to imagine us trying to pronunce your name, giving up and
settling for the anglisised version

> That's quite allright Doc. (propably wouldn't get it
> anyhow)

OK, got. So there is this man, and he walks in a bar and there is this
girl, no wait, it's a dog and the man says...<Deja server has mercy
with the Thingies quits>

COLT

Aug 10, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/10/00
Jouniac schrieb:

> 1. When I'm not dreaming, I'm (usually) awake in
> Hameenlinna, Finland (It's this country in northern
> Europe). That's why my english may sometimes seem
> weird...

Hey, another one! Finland´s on the rise in this place, you´ve already
overtaken Holland! Welcome! Have fun here, ask Veera, we´re a nice bunch (most
of the time). And don´t dig too deep, you´d find hidden depths like Hempels,
Britneys, pinks that are the new black, and many eeeevil puns... and then
there are the sharp and pointies, did I mention the sharp and pointies? Be on guard!

> 2. I have seen Neil twice. Nice chap. He wore black
> both times, but didn't have shades the second time
> (Yes, he really has eyes!) and actually he's coming to
> Finncon2000 (from 18th to 20th of August).

Veera already told, unfortunately we are all too far away from Finland... Does
anybody know whether he makes other stops in Europe?

> 5. What kind of ice cream shall we get for you?
> I dunno. Suprise me!

Heeheeheee, you´ll regret that offer, believe me...

Colt

--
The stars are not wanted now: put out every one;
Pack up the moon and dismantle the sun;

W.H. Auden

shira-

Aug 10, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/10/00
Colt wrote:

<snip>

>> 5. What kind of ice cream shall we get for you?
>> I dunno. Suprise me!
>
>Heeheeheee, you´ll regret that offer, believe me...

Elephant spunk flavoured ice cream!!!

-shira

--
most of my heart is for you
do with it whatever you please

Jouniac

Aug 10, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/10/00
In article <8mufht$m6d$1...@nnrp1.deja.com>, Doc
Vacation <docva...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> In article

> > > <stands up with the group> Hallo Jonathon
> >
> > Who?
> Just trying to imagine us trying to pronunce your
> name,

And believe me, it's nothing compared to my REAL
name...

giving up and
> settling for the anglisised version

Hmm...Jonathon...that sounds rather cool actually.
Should I change?...Nah. Jouniac'll do!

> OK, got. So there is this man, and he walks in a bar
> and there is this
> girl, no wait, it's a dog and the man says...<Deja
> server has mercy
> with the Thingies quits>

Wait a minute. Is there a goose in this one? Hello?
Helloo?...

Jouniac (because Jonathon sounds more like a tragic
hero and I have LIITTTLLE difficulties seeing myself
that way)

Jouniac

Aug 10, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/10/00
In article
<20000810154159...@ng-fx1.aol.com>
, sbst...@aol.com (shira-) wrote:

> >Heeheeheee, you´ll regret that offer, believe me...
> Elephant spunk flavoured ice cream!!!

Right. Doesn't taste that good, but Jaysis, you should
see how they make it!

Jouniac

Jouniac

Aug 10, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/10/00
In article
<%eJk5.1145$gP5....@news-server.bigpond.net.a
u>, "Sally Walker" <sa...@pasdex.com.au> wrote:
> "NightBee" <wint...@yahoo.com> wrote in
message

> > And the bananas. Be really careful about the
> bananas.
> Yeah, those nasty bananas. They're in league with the
> cucumbers, I'm sure of
> it.

Bananas, cucumbers, elephant spunk
ice-cream...Jeez, I'm in the midle of some culinary
debate.

> Oh, hi and welcome. :)

Thank you. Glad to be here.

Jouniac

Aug 10, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/10/00
In article <8mv5vs$o4o$1...@news.kolumbus.fi>, "Veera
Luhtala" <veera....@kolumbus.fi> wrote:
> Terve toinen suomalainen otus.

No terve. Mainiota huomata että aikalailla jokaisessa
NG:ssä tuntuu olevan ainakin yksi pakollinen
suomalainen.

Ehdin jo ihmetellä,
> että ovatko Jalavan Sandmansuomennokset
kadonneet
> ulottuvuuksien väliseen kuiluun tahi tyhjiöön

Hyvinkin mahdollista. Eivät tainneet ainakaan tuottaa
taloudellista voittoa...

> Move along, there's nothing to see here. Not as if we
> Finn-Thingies were plotting to kidnap Mr Gaiman so
> he could tell us stories beside the fireplace, when the
> wolves and polarbears howl outside, and it's so
> freezing outside that all unnecessary protrusions -
> such
> as noses, ears, fingers and toes - drop off if one
> dares
> to venture to the great outdoors. It's not as if we
> were
> going to do just this. <g>

Yeah. I was just describing Veera how I'm redecorating
my igloo with reindeer skins.

Sparrow

Aug 11, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/11/00

shira- wrote:

> Colt wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
> >> 5. What kind of ice cream shall we get for you?
> >> I dunno. Suprise me!
> >

> >Heeheeheee, you´ll regret that offer, believe me...
>
> Elephant spunk flavoured ice cream!!!

Oh *ick* peoples ...

<slightly disgusted look>

S.

Veera Luhtala

Aug 11, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/11/00
Terve toinen suomalainen otus. Ehdin jo ihmetellä,

että ovatko Jalavan Sandmansuomennokset kadonneet
ulottuvuuksien väliseen kuiluun tahi tyhjiöön kun ei muita
suhteellisen saman geograafisen lokaation otuksia
ollut paikalla.

Niin juu, ovat mukavaa väkeä täällä.

Move along, there's nothing to see here. Not as if we
Finn-Thingies were plotting to kidnap Mr Gaiman so
he could tell us stories beside the fireplace, when the
wolves and polarbears howl outside, and it's so
freezing outside that all unnecessary protrusions - such
as noses, ears, fingers and toes - drop off if one dares
to venture to the great outdoors. It's not as if we were
going to do just this. <g>

Veera

COLT

Aug 11, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/11/00
shira- schrieb:

> Colt wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
> >> 5. What kind of ice cream shall we get for you?
> >> I dunno. Suprise me!
> >
> >Heeheeheee, you´ll regret that offer, believe me...
>
> Elephant spunk flavoured ice cream!!!

See? I rest my case.

NightBee

Aug 11, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/11/00
COLT <Henning....@stud.uni-hannover.de> wrote

> Jouniac schrieb:
>
> > 1. When I'm not dreaming, I'm (usually) awake in
> > Hameenlinna, Finland (It's this country in northern
> > Europe). That's why my english may sometimes seem
> > weird...
>
> Hey, another one! Finland´s on the rise in this place, you´ve already
> overtaken Holland! Welcome! Have fun here, ask Veera, we´re a nice bunch
(most
> of the time). And don´t dig too deep, you´d find hidden depths like
Hempels,
> Britneys, pinks that are the new black, and many eeeevil puns... and then
> there are the sharp and pointies, did I mention the sharp and pointies? Be
on guard!

And the bananas. Be really careful about the bananas.

Welcome to afng, Jouniac.

-Natalie

NP: ???

Sally Walker

shira-

Aug 11, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/11/00
Sally Walker wrote:

<shudders> You weren't here for the banana thread, were you, Sally?

-shira, whose brother just broke a wicker basket, as the vacuum cleaner he was
making out with hit it and crushed it. <sighs>

Doc Vacation

Aug 11, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/11/00
In article <399310A5...@yahoo.com.nz>,
Sparrow <joma...@yahoo.com.nz> wrote:

> shira- wrote:
>
> > Colt wrote:
> >
> > <snip>

> > >Heeheeheee, you´ll regret that offer, believe me...
> >
> > Elephant spunk flavoured ice cream!!!
> >

> Oh *ick* peoples ...
>
> <slightly disgusted look>

O c'mon, it could be worse <tries desperatly to think of example>

Doc Vacation

Aug 11, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/11/00
In article <8mv5vs$o4o$1...@news.kolumbus.fi>,
"Veera Luhtala" <veera....@kolumbus.fi> wrote:
> Terve toinen suomalainen otus. Ehdin jo ihmetellä,
> että ovatko Jalavan Sandmansuomennokset kadonneet
> ulottuvuuksien väliseen kuiluun tahi tyhjiöön kun ei muita
> suhteellisen saman geograafisen lokaation otuksia
> ollut paikalla.
>
> Niin juu, ovat mukavaa väkeä täällä.

Verdammte Verschwoerer! Aber das koennen wir auch.

> Move along, there's nothing to see here. Not as if we
> Finn-Thingies were plotting to kidnap Mr Gaiman so
> he could tell us stories beside the fireplace, when the
> wolves and polarbears howl outside, and it's so
> freezing outside that all unnecessary protrusions - such
> as noses, ears, fingers and toes - drop off if one dares
> to venture to the great outdoors. It's not as if we were
> going to do just this. <g>

We believe you. <hand moves slowly to inner pocket in jacker>

Sally Walker

Aug 11, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/11/00

"shira-" <sbst...@aol.com> wrote in message

> Sally Walker wrote:
>
> >"NightBee" <wint...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> >> COLT <Henning....@stud.uni-hannover.de> wrote

> >> And the bananas. Be really careful about the bananas.

> >Yeah, those nasty bananas. They're in league with the cucumbers, I'm sure
of
> >it.
>
> <shudders> You weren't here for the banana thread, were you, Sally?

Nope. But a) I have a good imagination, and b) I have my own issues with
bananas.

Sally, who is about to eat some nummy pizza.

Veera Luhtala

Aug 11, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/11/00
Jouniac kirjoitti viestissä <38a139f2...@usw-ex0109-069.remarq.com>...

>Hyvinkin mahdollista. Eivät tainneet ainakaan tuottaa
>taloudellista voittoa...

Selailin tuossa äskettäin Nukketalo kahta, ja voin kyllä
hyvin kuvitella että juuri noin on käynyt. Suomennos oli
suorastaan törkeän huono, mutta toisaalta täytyy
epäillä olisiko hyvä käännös ei-germaaniseksi kieleksi
edes mahdollinen Gaimanin verbaaliakrobatian ollessa
kyseessä.

I was just asking if Jouniac knows the name of these
eye-drops (one puts these in one's eyes if one has an
infection*) that knock a guy out if added to drinks and
such. I also asked if the trunk of his car is big enough,
or - even better - if he has access to a van.

Veera

*I think that there is a proper word for the stuff.

NightGoat

Aug 11, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/11/00
"Doc Vacation" swallowed, turned green and said :

| Sparrow <joma...@yahoo.com.nz> wrote:
| > shira- wrote:
| > > Colt wrote:
[A Fin wrote (forgot the name, sorry)]

| > > Elephant spunk flavoured ice cream!!!
| >
| > Oh *ick* peoples ...
| >
| > <slightly disgusted look>
|
| O c'mon, it could be worse <tries desperatly to think of example>

Moose jerk...

Daniel Reid, Osmosisch
(I love this group <g>)

Karen McMurray

Aug 11, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/11/00
Veera Luhtala wrote:

> Terve toinen suomalainen otus. Ehdin jo ihmetellä,
> että ovatko Jalavan Sandmansuomennokset kadonneet
> ulottuvuuksien väliseen kuiluun tahi tyhjiöön kun ei muita
> suhteellisen saman geograafisen lokaation otuksia
> ollut paikalla.
>
> Niin juu, ovat mukavaa väkeä täällä.
>
> Move along, there's nothing to see here. Not as if we
> Finn-Thingies were plotting to kidnap Mr Gaiman so
> he could tell us stories beside the fireplace, when the
> wolves and polarbears howl outside, and it's so
> freezing outside that all unnecessary protrusions - such
> as noses, ears, fingers and toes - drop off if one dares
> to venture to the great outdoors. It's not as if we were
> going to do just this. <g>

Finnish polar bears howl?

-karen
--
klmcm...@home.com

Never apologize; never retract; never explain.
Get the job done, and let them howl. -- Nellie McClung

Doc Vacation

Aug 11, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/11/00
In article <8n0qcd$cg7$1...@info.service.rug.nl>,

Thank you, that's one. was lying on my tongue, figurativly speaking,
but wouldn't get out

> Daniel Reid, Osmosisch
> (I love this group <g>)

We love you too

--
I.H.T.F.P. last updated August 09 2000
http://www.geocities.com/marcusloydl

"I'm watching Jesus flying around on a unicorn, but I bet that little
miniature golf would be just the thing to make this trip peak."

shira-

Aug 11, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/11/00
Jouniac wrote:

>In article
><20000810154159...@ng-fx1.aol.com>
>, sbst...@aol.com (shira-) wrote:
>

>> >Heeheeheee, you´ll regret that offer, believe me...
>> Elephant spunk flavoured ice cream!!!
>

>Right. Doesn't taste that good, but Jaysis, you should
>see how they make it!
>
>Jouniac

<mouth drops open>

<high fives>

You rule.

-shira

Lucy Anne

Aug 11, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/11/00
"Veera Luhtala" <veera....@kolumbus.fi> wrote:
>Terve toinen suomalainen otus. Ehdin jo ihmetellä,
>että ovatko Jalavan Sandmansuomennokset kadonneet
>ulottuvuuksien väliseen kuiluun tahi tyhjiöön kun ei muita
>suhteellisen saman geograafisen lokaation otuksia
>ollut paikalla.
>
>Niin juu, ovat mukavaa väkeä täällä.

Intertran http://www.tranexp.com:2000/InterTran has, amongst
it's translator programs, one that changes Finnish to English.

So I tried it.

This is what it came up with.

"Terve toinen suomalainen otus"
Lusty other [no translation] cuss

"Ehdin jo ihmetellä,"
[no translation] already marvel,

"että ovatko Jalavan Sandmansuomennokset kadonneet"

occurred [no translation] [no translation] [well, I can guess
what *this* word is] [no translation]

"ulottuvuuksien väliseen kuiluun tahi tyhjiöön kun ei muita"

[no translation] [no translation] chasm [no translation] hoover
as nay [no translation]

"suhteellisen saman geograafisen lokaation otuksia ollut
paikalla"

relatively same geographic location [no translation][no
translation][no translation]

So you win. I have not the least clue what you two are talking
about.

Then again, this is what happens when you try to reverse the
bottom bit from English to Finnish - perhaps this way went
better? :)

-la
---------------

"Move along, there's nothing to see here."

Liikuttaa pitkin, siellä ei mikään ilm. suuntaa piispanistuin
[here].

"Not as if we Finn-Thingies were plotting to kidnap Mr Gaiman so
he could tell us stories beside the fireplace, when the wolves
and polarbears howl outside, and it's so
freezing outside that all unnecessary protrusions - such as
noses, ears, fingers and toes - drop off if one dares to venture
to the great outdoors."

Ei niinkuin jos me [Finn]-Esine [plotting] ilm. suuntaa
[kidnap] [Mr] [Gaiman] niin [he] kertoa objektimuoto [stories]
vieressä se [fireplace], milloin se ja [polarbears] [howl]
ulkopuoli, ja [it's] niin [freezing] ulkopuoli tuo kaikki
tarpeeton [protrusions] sellainen niinkuin nenä, [ears],
[fingers] ja [toes] pisara pois jos yksi uskaltaa ilm. suuntaa
yritys ilm. suuntaa se suuri ulkoilma-.

"It's not as if we were going to do just this."

[It] on. ei niinkuin jos me lähtö ilm. suuntaa tehdä
oikeudenmukainen tämä.

Got questions? Get answers over the phone at Keen.com.
Up to 100 minutes free!
http://www.keen.com

Veera Luhtala

Aug 11, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/11/00

Karen McMurray kirjoitti viestissä <3993ECB9...@home.com>...

>Veera Luhtala wrote:
>>
>> Terve toinen suomalainen otus. Ehdin jo ihmetellä,
>> että ovatko Jalavan Sandmansuomennokset kadonneet
>> ulottuvuuksien väliseen kuiluun tahi tyhjiöön kun ei muita
>> suhteellisen saman geograafisen lokaation otuksia
>> ollut paikalla.
>>
>> Niin juu, ovat mukavaa väkeä täällä.
>>
>> Move along, there's nothing to see here. Not as if we

>> Finn-Thingies were plotting to kidnap Mr Gaiman so
>> he could tell us stories beside the fireplace, when the
>> wolves and polarbears howl outside, and it's so
>> freezing outside that all unnecessary protrusions - such
>> as noses, ears, fingers and toes - drop off if one dares
>> to venture to the great outdoors. It's not as if we were
>> going to do just this. <g>
>
>Finnish polar bears howl?

Aww, gimme some poetic licence here! Or gimme
suitable synonyms for describing polar bear sounds.

Veera

(I hope that poetic licence is the correct translation. I
am not asking for a licence to scribble poetry, or to
poem a car.)

COLT

Aug 11, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/11/00
NightBee schrieb:

> > Hey, another one! Finland´s on the rise in this place, you´ve already
> > overtaken Holland! Welcome! Have fun here, ask Veera, we´re a nice bunch
> (most
> > of the time). And don´t dig too deep, you´d find hidden depths like
> Hempels,
> > Britneys, pinks that are the new black, and many eeeevil puns... and then
> > there are the sharp and pointies, did I mention the sharp and pointies? Be
> on guard!
>

> And the bananas. Be really careful about the bananas.

Aaah, how could I forget those? And if on Tuesdays thing(ie)s get a bit weird,
just play along, you´ll adapt.

COLT

Aug 11, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/11/00
NightJouniac schrieb:

> Bananas, cucumbers, elephant spunk
> ice-cream...Jeez, I'm in the midle of some culinary
> debate.

Of course! What did you think this was? Some kinda
comic-author-fanboy-usenet-gettogether? <whack> What are you, a stupe? (Oh,
and for the sake of PC, I include fangirls too...)

NightColt, on alt.food.notorious-gluttony (afng)

COLT

Aug 11, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/11/00
Doc Vacation schrieb:

> Verdammte Verschwoerer! Aber das koennen wir auch.

Doc just sent you warm greetings, as your igloos can get a wee bit cold...

Colt

Karen McMurray

Aug 12, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/12/00
NightGoat wrote:

> "Doc Vacation" swallowed, turned green and said :
> | Sparrow <joma...@yahoo.com.nz> wrote:
> [A Fin wrote (forgot the name, sorry)]

> | > Oh *ick* peoples ...
> | >
> | > <slightly disgusted look>
> |
> | O c'mon, it could be worse <tries desperatly to think of example>
>
> Moose jerk...
>
> Daniel Reid, Osmosisch
> (I love this group <g>)

Jerky, dammit! *Jerky!*

There is a difference.

Natalie, what are we going to do with them?

-karen
Don't answer that...

Karen McMurray

Aug 12, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/12/00
Veera Luhtala wrote:

> Karen McMurray kirjoitti viestissä <3993ECB9...@home.com>...
> >Veera Luhtala wrote:
> >>
> >> Terve toinen suomalainen otus. Ehdin jo ihmetellä,
> >> että ovatko Jalavan Sandmansuomennokset kadonneet
> >> ulottuvuuksien väliseen kuiluun tahi tyhjiöön kun ei muita
> >> suhteellisen saman geograafisen lokaation otuksia
> >> ollut paikalla.
> >>
> >> Niin juu, ovat mukavaa väkeä täällä.
> >>
> >> Move along, there's nothing to see here. Not as if we
> >> Finn-Thingies were plotting to kidnap Mr Gaiman so
> >> he could tell us stories beside the fireplace, when the
> >> wolves and polarbears howl outside, and it's so
> >> freezing outside that all unnecessary protrusions - such
> >> as noses, ears, fingers and toes - drop off if one dares
> >> to venture to the great outdoors. It's not as if we were
> >> going to do just this. <g>
> >
> >Finnish polar bears howl?
>
> Aww, gimme some poetic licence here! Or gimme
> suitable synonyms for describing polar bear sounds.

Well, for all I know the Canadian polar bears howl too. It was just a
startling image for some reason.

I'm familiar with the freezing part, though. I grew up with winters that
always hit -40 for a while. Never lost any protrusions, though.

> Veera

> I hope that poetic licence is the correct translation.

It is.

-karen

hopesanddreams

Aug 12, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/12/00

COLT wrote
<snip>

>> And the bananas. Be really careful about the bananas.
>
>Aaah, how could I forget those? And if on Tuesdays thing(ie)s get a bit
weird,
>just play along, you´ll adapt.

No, things don't get weird, they just get weirder. Things here are pretty
weird already, but weird in a good way, of course.

Hope

"A Professional
is one who believes he has
invented breathing."

Loz Pycock

Aug 13, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/13/00
On Thu, 10 Aug 2000 22:42:26 -0700, Jouniac
<jouni.kopo...@precis.fi.invalid> fell into a symptomless coma
after writing:

>In article
><20000810154159...@ng-fx1.aol.com>
>, sbst...@aol.com (shira-) wrote:
>

>> >Heeheeheee, you´ll regret that offer, believe me...
>> Elephant spunk flavoured ice cream!!!
>

>Right. Doesn't taste that good, but Jaysis, you should
>see how they make it!

BTW, where should I send the bill for cleaning the orange juice I just
splurted over my monitor screen when I read that to?

Loz.

"Why do you have to be yourself? Why not make yourself into a
fantastic picture?" Neil Tennant.
"Man hands on misery to man. It deepens like a coastal shelf.
Get out as early as you can, And don't have any kids yourself."
Philip Larkin.

COLT

Aug 13, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/13/00
Karen McMurray schrieb:

> Natalie, what are we going to do with them?
>
> -karen
> Don't answer that...

May I? May I? Okay, here goes. You can choose, even!

A) Lots of nice things!
B) Whatever you like!
C) Whatever we like!

Whereby I presume that these are all synonymous...

COLT

Aug 13, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/13/00
hopesanddreams schrieb:

> No, things don't get weird, they just get weirder. Things here are pretty
> weird already, but weird in a good way, of course.

"Gee, man, I´m weird, but it´s a good kinda weird, y´know?"

NightBee

Aug 13, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/13/00
Karen McMurray <klmcm...@home.com> wrote

> NightGoat wrote:

> > | O c'mon, it could be worse <tries desperatly to think of example>
> >
> > Moose jerk...
> >
> > Daniel Reid, Osmosisch
> > (I love this group <g>)
>
> Jerky, dammit! *Jerky!*
>
> There is a difference.
>

> Natalie, what are we going to do with them?
>
> -karen
> Don't answer that...

Well, I was thinking that we could introduce them to beavertails...

-Natalie (it's an Ottawa thing)

NP: The Refreshments, "Banditos"

Sparrow

Aug 14, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/14/00

COLT wrote:

> NightJouniac schrieb:
>
> > Bananas, cucumbers, elephant spunk
> > ice-cream...Jeez, I'm in the midle of some culinary
> > debate.
>
> Of course! What did you think this was? Some kinda
> comic-author-fanboy-usenet-gettogether? <whack> What are you, a stupe? (Oh,
> and for the sake of PC, I include fangirls too...)
>
> NightColt, on alt.food.notorious-gluttony (afng)

OK, somebody hand me the chocolate sauce ...
This could be complex.
I'm going to need ice cream, maple syrup, and a nice warm surface ....

S.

Sally Walker

Aug 14, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/14/00

> Well, I was thinking that we could introduce them to beavertails...

Beavertails? As in, the tails of beavers? As in, those cute little creatures
that build dams and stuff? As in beavers like Barry, my cute fluffy stuffed
beaver? (I know that last sentence sounded dodgy, but I couldn't think of
another way to describe Barry) People don't... eat them, do they?

Sally, distressed.

NightGoat

Aug 14, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/14/00
"Sally Walker" naively typed :

| "NightBee" <wint...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
|
| > Well, I was thinking that we could introduce them to beavertails...
|
| Beavertails? As in, the tails of beavers? As in, those cute little
creatures
| that build dams and stuff? As in beavers like Barry, my cute fluffy
stuffed
| beaver?

Oooo, that last sentence sounded dodgy ! ...

(I know that last sentence sounded dodgy, but I couldn't think of
| another way to describe Barry)

...but I see you noticed. <g> I'm sure your beaver is just fine. Um...

| People don't... eat them, do they?
|
| Sally, distressed.

I think (since this discussion was all about annoying people) that it's more
what you can *do* with beaver tails, ie. Slapping. Hard.

Daniel Reid, Osmosisch
(who wshouls change his name to ducks and runs one of these days)

Karen McMurray

Aug 14, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/14/00
COLT wrote:

> Karen McMurray schrieb:

> > Natalie, what are we going to do with them?
> >
> > -karen
> > Don't answer that...
>
> May I? May I? Okay, here goes. You can choose, even!
>
> A) Lots of nice things!
> B) Whatever you like!
> C) Whatever we like!
>
> Whereby I presume that these are all synonymous...

You're being presumptuous? Well, okay...

Karen McMurray

Aug 14, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/14/00
NightGoat wrote:

> "Sally Walker" naively typed :
> | "NightBee" <wint...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> |
> | > Well, I was thinking that we could introduce them to beavertails...
> |
> | Beavertails? As in, the tails of beavers? As in, those cute little
> creatures
> | that build dams and stuff? As in beavers like Barry, my cute fluffy
> stuffed
> | beaver?
>
> Oooo, that last sentence sounded dodgy ! ...
>
> (I know that last sentence sounded dodgy, but I couldn't think of
> | another way to describe Barry)
>
> ...but I see you noticed. <g> I'm sure your beaver is just fine. Um...
>
> | People don't... eat them, do they?
> |
> | Sally, distressed.
>
> I think (since this discussion was all about annoying people) that it's more
> what you can *do* with beaver tails, ie. Slapping. Hard.

I hate to interrupt a good slapping, but:

http://www.beavertailsinc.com/

NightBee

Aug 14, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/14/00
Karen McMurray <klmcm...@home.com> wrote

> NightGoat wrote:
> >
> > "Sally Walker" naively typed :
> > | "NightBee" <wint...@yahoo.com> wrote

> > | Beavertails? As in, the tails of beavers? As in, those cute little
> > creatures
> > | that build dams and stuff? As in beavers like Barry, my cute fluffy
> > stuffed
> > | beaver?
> >
> > Oooo, that last sentence sounded dodgy ! ...
> >
> > (I know that last sentence sounded dodgy, but I couldn't think of
> > | another way to describe Barry)
> >
> > ...but I see you noticed. <g> I'm sure your beaver is just fine. Um...
> >
> > | People don't... eat them, do they?
> > |
> > | Sally, distressed.
> >
> > I think (since this discussion was all about annoying people) that it's
more
> > what you can *do* with beaver tails, ie. Slapping. Hard.
>
> I hate to interrupt a good slapping, but:
>
> http://www.beavertailsinc.com/
>
> -karen

Unfortunately (but quite understandably), the company has changed it's name.
Originally, it was known as "Hooker's Beavertails".

-Natalie

NP: radio, not quite sure what

Sally Walker

Aug 14, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/14/00

"NightGoat" <osm...@spam.yech.dds.nl> wrote in message
> "Sally Walker" naively typed :
> | "NightBee" <wint...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> | > Well, I was thinking that we could introduce them to beavertails...
> |
> | Beavertails? As in, the tails of beavers? As in, those cute little
> creatures
> | that build dams and stuff? As in beavers like Barry, my cute fluffy
> stuffed
> | beaver?
>
> Oooo, that last sentence sounded dodgy ! ...
>
> (I know that last sentence sounded dodgy, but I couldn't think of
> | another way to describe Barry)
>
> ...but I see you noticed. <g> I'm sure your beaver is just fine. Um...

Yes, Barry the beaver is just fine, thank-you. He is currently sitting on my
bed talking to Mr Snuffles, the bear.

> | People don't... eat them, do they?
> |
> | Sally, distressed.
>
> I think (since this discussion was all about annoying people) that it's
more
> what you can *do* with beaver tails, ie. Slapping. Hard.

Whilst they're still attached to the beaver? I don't think Barry would like
that very much. He's very proud of his tail.

Sally, feeling all dopey because now everyone knows that she likes stuffed
animals.

Lady Miss Tree

Aug 14, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/14/00
"Sally Walker" <sa...@pasdex.com.au> wrote:

>Sally, feeling all dopey because now everyone knows that she
likes stuffed
>animals.

Does it help if I admit to sleeping with a teddy? And no, not
the spaghetti-strapped satin type? He's lovely (and you can heat
up the beanbag inside of him and make him all toasty warm in
winter) and takes very good care of me when it's dark and scary.

Lady Miss Tree

:----:----:----:----:

Who donated most of her stuffed toy collection to charity, but
kept some of her favourites to take care of her.

Fate & the Mews

Aug 14, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/14/00

Karen McMurray wrote in message <3997D6F2...@home.com>...

>I hate to interrupt a good slapping, but:
>
>http://www.beavertailsinc.com/

from the webpage:
"...shaped like the water slapping business end of ... a Beaver ! ! !"

Heh, taken out of context, it fits right in with some of the more, um,
'involved' threads here. :)

-MM & the ME
who couldn't resist
o..o
>\/<
favourit...@snafu.org
http://www.sfmidimafia.com/ - Mantenerlo Nella Famiglia
"Harlan, have you seen this girl's tattoo?"
"Seen her tattoo? I had her love child!"

Fate & the Mews

Aug 14, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/14/00

Sally Walker wrote in message ...

>"Lady Miss Tree" <lady_miss_t...@my-deja.com.invalid> wrote in
>message news:0142ebf3...@usw-ex0101-007.remarq.com...

>> Does it help if I admit to sleeping with a teddy? And no, not
>> the spaghetti-strapped satin type? He's lovely (and you can heat
>> up the beanbag inside of him and make him all toasty warm in
>> winter) and takes very good care of me when it's dark and scary.
>
>He sounds lovely. Especially the heaty-uppy part. That's handy. :) On the
>arms of our couches was have stuffed animals, kind of like sentinels. At
the
>moment we have Barry the Beaver, Alburquerque the Anteater, Bruce the
Wombat
>and Mikey the KittyCat. Oh, and for those of you who are wondering, Mikey
>the KittyCat is named after Mikey my boyfriend. They are both round and
>orange. :)

Well, on the dashboard of the car I have Devil Bunny and Basil the Beanie
Bat - constant reminders that thingies are EVERYWHERE! - And then at home in
the bedroom are Snoopy (I've had him since I was 2) and Mr. Ed (who is a
teddy bear, not a horse). Then on the living room bookshelves (I have other
places to put the books) are a handful of others I simply couldn't part with
over the years, including a pretty dollie from Japan, my first teddy bear
(also from Japan), Bobo the bear (a graduation present from a friend I no
longer keep in touch with), a nameless grey kitty who reminds me of the
first kitty I got to pick out to take home (a present from the first singing
performance I ever did), and the Muffin Monster - who I really don't want to
explain to anyone here.

-MM & the ME
who gladly shares her fondness for stuffed aminalthingses

Lady Miss Tree

Aug 14, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/14/00
"Sally Walker" <sa...@pasdex.com.au> wrote:

><gasp> The horror! Poor little teddy bears, forced to perform
indecent acts.
>Abominable, I tell you. But terribly funny. :)

Actually, it's less the acts and more the great soundtrack you
get in the background that's funny.

Lady Miss Tree

:----:----:----:----:

Who had front row seats to Teddy Bear Porn [tm]

Fate & the Mews

Aug 14, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/14/00
Just reposting this to change the name of the stupid thread. Didn't I do
this last time too? Only then I was *supposed* to use role and used roll?

*sigh

-Squeaks
who will win this battle someday
-----

Maggie

Aug 14, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/14/00
Fate & the Mews <favourit...@snafu.org> broke into song:

> Sally Walker wrote in message ...
> >
> >"Lady Miss Tree" <lady_miss_t...@my-deja.com.invalid> wrote in

<Aminals!>

> Well, on the dashboard of the car I have Devil Bunny and Basil the Beanie
> Bat - constant reminders that thingies are EVERYWHERE! - And then at home in
> the bedroom are Snoopy (I've had him since I was 2) and Mr. Ed (who is a
> teddy bear, not a horse). Then on the living room bookshelves (I have other
> places to put the books) are a handful of others I simply couldn't part with
> over the years, including a pretty dollie from Japan, my first teddy bear
> (also from Japan), Bobo the bear (a graduation present from a friend I no
> longer keep in touch with), a nameless grey kitty who reminds me of the
> first kitty I got to pick out to take home (a present from the first singing
> performance I ever did), and the Muffin Monster - who I really don't want to
> explain to anyone here.

I don't even know where to start...

My desk has two bears, Vanilla and Cocoa, a cow named Howie, and a
basket full of beanies - Pooh, Tigger, Eeyore, Piglet, Kanga, Owl and
Rabbit; Bert, Ernie, Oscar, Grover, Telly, Elmo, and Cookie; enough
Teenie Beanies to keep a collector busy for days...

On the bed is Big Grey Bunny, who has floppy ears and doubles as a
pillow sometimes; PurPur, a bright purple teddy bear; Dieter, also a
bear; Bowtie, also a bear - he belongs to my son, but somehow migrated
to the waterbed, where it's warmer; Binky, a fuzzy yellow duck; Mohrle,
a black cat; Chaucer, a little white bunny...Stella sits on the floor -
she's a big purple dragon who belongs to my son, but seems to prefer my
company.

It's a wonder there's room for hubby in the bed, what with all the
critters!

--
Maggie UIN 10248195 http://www.chocolatefiends.com
"Just be warned, as long as you bring it up here, it'll be an itch that

Christine Marie

Aug 14, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/14/00
<sheepish> <oh, dear, that's going to be bad in a minute>

I have really only one--a black lamb named Simon. And I had to put him up
for a bit, because I love him too much to let Daniel the kitten demolish
him. He'll get to join us again, after Daniel has grown slightly out of the
destructo phase.

Daniel has a favorite, too--a little giraffe that I don't expect to survive
til Halloween, at this rate. Daniel is a little rough on his toys. He
really, really wanted the lucky rabbit's foot that a friend gave me for good
luck in my recent ventures. I would have let him have it, except I couldn't
quite stomach the idea of little rabbit bones and desicated rabbit foot
everywhere, when he finally, inevitably, ripped it apart. Can't quite get
comfortable with rabbit's foots myself. Seems sort of horrific, somehow.

Chris
who should be balancing her checkbook and paying the bills...

COLT

Aug 14, 2000, 7:59:30 PM8/14/00
NightBee schrieb:

I惴 always hearing Ugly Kid Joe愀 "Busy Bee" in my head when I read this...

> Well, I was thinking that we could introduce them to beavertails...

"Colt: Beavertail, beavertail: Colt" For DownUnderers, use platypustails instead...

COLT

Aug 14, 2000, 7:56:19 PM8/14/00
Sparrow schrieb:

> OK, somebody hand me the chocolate sauce ...
> This could be complex.
> I'm going to need ice cream, maple syrup, and a nice warm surface ....

Okay, I provide the nice warm slightly-sunburned surface and the chocolate
sauce, you bring ice cream and syrup? Fine. Let愀 party!

NightColt

Sparrow

Aug 14, 2000, 8:11:00 PM8/14/00

COLT wrote:

> Sparrow schrieb:
>
> > OK, somebody hand me the chocolate sauce ...
> > This could be complex.
> > I'm going to need ice cream, maple syrup, and a nice warm surface ....
>
> Okay, I provide the nice warm slightly-sunburned surface and the chocolate
> sauce, you bring ice cream and syrup? Fine. Let愀 party!

<winks>
Hmm, Like icecream for sunburn?

S.

Sally Walker

Aug 14, 2000, 8:42:24 PM8/14/00

"Lady Miss Tree" <lady_miss_t...@my-deja.com.invalid> wrote in
message news:0142ebf3...@usw-ex0101-007.remarq.com...

> "Sally Walker" <sa...@pasdex.com.au> wrote:
>
> >Sally, feeling all dopey because now everyone knows that she
> likes stuffed
> >animals.
>
> Does it help if I admit to sleeping with a teddy? And no, not
> the spaghetti-strapped satin type? He's lovely (and you can heat
> up the beanbag inside of him and make him all toasty warm in
> winter) and takes very good care of me when it's dark and scary.

He sounds lovely. Especially the heaty-uppy part. That's handy. :) On the
arms of our couches was have stuffed animals, kind of like sentinels. At the
moment we have Barry the Beaver, Alburquerque the Anteater, Bruce the Wombat
and Mikey the KittyCat. Oh, and for those of you who are wondering, Mikey
the KittyCat is named after Mikey my boyfriend. They are both round and
orange. :)

> Lady Miss Tree
>
> :----:----:----:----:
>

> Who donated most of her stuffed toy collection to charity, but
> kept some of her favourites to take care of her.

The funny thing is, Mike has a whole bunch more than I do. I think there is
something very sweet about a 24 yo man with a large stuffed toy collection.
:)

Sally.

shira-

Aug 14, 2000, 9:25:56 PM8/14/00
Sally wrote:

<snip>

>The funny thing is, Mike has a whole bunch more than I do. I think there is
>something very sweet about a 24 yo man with a large stuffed toy collection.
>:)

What would you think about a 24 year old man who used his teddy bears for Teddy
Bear Porn [tm]?

<giggles>

-shira

--
most of my heart is for you
do with it whatever you please
i might as well give it to you.
-nerdy girl
--
sbst...@aol.com
http://gurlpages.com/sbstarlet

Sally Walker

Aug 14, 2000, 9:38:08 PM8/14/00

> Sally wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
> >The funny thing is, Mike has a whole bunch more than I do. I think there
is
> >something very sweet about a 24 yo man with a large stuffed toy
collection.
> >:)
>
> What would you think about a 24 year old man who used his teddy bears for
Teddy
> Bear Porn [tm]?

<gasp> The horror! Poor little teddy bears, forced to perform indecent acts.

Abominable, I tell you. But terribly funny. :)

Sally.

Sparrow

Aug 14, 2000, 11:59:51 PM8/14/00

Fate & the Mews wrote:

> Just reposting this to change the name of the stupid thread. Didn't I do
> this last time too? Only then I was *supposed* to use role and used roll?
>
> *sigh
>
> -Squeaks
> who will win this battle someday

Yay :)

Stuffed toys. :)
I share my double bed with Robert, the cutest teddy bear in the world (Robert
Alexander Bear). He is white and likes to wear tartan neckties. Peter Rabbit, a
pink bunny in corderoy overalls who I have had since I was two is my other
cuddly friend. Stubbs is the small brown fuzzy rabbit who lives in the lounge.

Unfortunately all my other soft toys had to stay behind at my parents place,
because I didn't want them mounting a coup and taking over the house.

S.

Dylan Verheul

Aug 15, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/15/00
On Mon, 14 Aug 2000 18:02:54 -0700, "Fate & the Mews"
<favourit...@snafu.org> wrote:

8< snipped it all >8

I used to have a really cool Cookie Monster doll when I was little.

My sister accidentally broke his eyes when shutting the door to the
toilet.

fear loneliness love and hate love
poets are evil and i can't rhyme

rouma

Aug 15, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/15/00
<snips everyone's lists>
I sleep with my teddy bear "Mr. Multi-named Bear" He has been
there for me through a lot. I wonder how he's lasted all these
years. The poor little guy has been thrown, stabbed, cried on (a
lot) and used as a pillow. But, he is there when I need him,
which is good. :) I also have multi-tudes of ty beanies (mostly
the cats and 2 of the bats)and multi-tudes of stuphed tiggers. :)

--
rouma (denise)
np: a mix tape of depeche mode songs-"halo"

.sig eaten by remarq ;> *giggle*

Eden Miller

Aug 15, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/15/00
I sleep with my wolf Jack who hates everyone but me (he's very protective,
you see) and then my little lamb Cotton Ball, who I got when I was about 4.
She's been through a lot with me. A bear named Sebastian hangs on out the
bed, and sometimes not, depending on how I feel about the person who gave it
to me.

I also have a bean-bag Yoda that watches over me at night, but he's on my
bookcase.

Eden

Ekaterian

Aug 15, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/15/00
I have quite a few stuffed Tigger and Eeyores (my manic-depressive buddies),
other than those I have a teddy bear that I made in the Basic Brown Bear
Factory in San Francisco that I occasionally get the urge to make clothes for.
I've been building a collection of stuffed animals that make noises or sing to
me too for some odd reason. I have a Meeko doll that makes this insane giggle
when you squeeze him, and a Pepe Le Pew who sings "That's Amore" while slowly
twitching his tail (he makes me think of horror movies, with the proper
lighting he'd be freaky). They both make me laugh.

Ekaterian

COLT

Aug 15, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/15/00
Sparrow schrieb:

> <winks>
> Hmm, Like icecream for sunburn?

<winks back>

Sure, just what the doctor ordered! Like chocalete sauce with the sunburn?

COLT

Aug 15, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/15/00
Fate & the Mews schrieb:

> from the webpage:
> "...shaped like the water slapping business end of ... a Beaver ! ! !"
>
> Heh, taken out of context, it fits right in with some of the more, um,
> 'involved' threads here. :)

Sometimes I feel like the seemingly "less involved" threads are just misunderstood...

Colt, enjoying the heat

COLT

Aug 15, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/15/00
The only stuffed animal in my flat is Jones, a Teddy half my height. A former
girlfriend made him for me, and I wouldn´t part with him. He sits on top of a
cupboard and looks down on practically everybody. There wouldn´t be enough
room for hm in my bed or even my sleepingroom. Oh, and I have a plastic
Godzilla on my left speaker, throwing a plastic excavator...

Colt

NightBee

Aug 15, 2000, 10:45:27 PM8/15/00
Sally Walker <sa...@pasdex.com.au> wrote

> "Lady Miss Tree" <lady_miss_t...@my-deja.com.invalid> wrote in

> > "Sally Walker" <sa...@pasdex.com.au> wrote:

Yes, there is. That is very cute. :-)

I don't have many at my current residence, but new ones seem to appear now
and then. I have Herschel the reindeer, the nameless stripey velour cat
(I'm taking suggestions - the ones I've had so far don't count, since they
include "Ugly" and "What The Fuck Is That?"), a beanbag Little Miss Naughty,
a little beanbag skunk, and a tiny Shaun the Sheep purse which is hanging
from the corner of a bookshelf.

I don't sleep with any of them, although I did sleep with a pink dog called
Mindy until...er...not that long ago. But I have a real live kitty cat now
(otherwise known as the Cuddliest Cat in the World, when she's not wilting
because of the heat), and she keeps me safe from the monster in the closet
and the creepy crawlies under the bed.

-Natalie

NP: Mazzy Star, "Among My Swan"

Lady Miss Tree

Aug 16, 2000, 12:49:22 AM8/16/00
In article <bfnm5.22078$N47.2...@quark.idirect.com>,
"NightBee" <wint...@yahoo.com> wrote:

and a tiny Shaun the Sheep purse which is hanging
> from the corner of a bookshelf.

Oooooh! I have the Grommit purse! He's so cute! But terribly
impractical. I don't carry much, but I can't even get a credit card and
a lipstick in there.

Lady Miss Tree

:----:----:----:----:

Credit card, lipstick, keys... yup, I'm ready to face the world.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

NightCassie

Aug 16, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/16/00
On Mon, 14 Aug 2000 23:30:57 GMT, "Sally Walker" <sa...@pasdex.com.au>
managed to mutter unintelligibly:

| Sally, feeling all dopey because now everyone knows that she likes stuffed
| animals.

Don't worry. I know things about 'Walker that would make you feel
much better, and I have a plush anteater named Zoey that I adore.

Grinning evilly,
NightCassie
np: nothing, because the VAST isn't finished downloading yet. (See,
'Walker, isn't that a reason not to kill me for my knowledge?)
--
"At times AFNG is like the Special Olympics: lots of drooling and heavy
breathing, but every one is a winner."

Sally Walker

Aug 16, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/16/00

"NightCassie" <cass...@bmeworld.com> wrote in message

> On Mon, 14 Aug 2000 23:30:57 GMT, "Sally Walker" <sa...@pasdex.com.au>
> managed to mutter unintelligibly:
>
> | Sally, feeling all dopey because now everyone knows that she likes
stuffed
> | animals.
>
> Don't worry. I know things about 'Walker that would make you feel
> much better, and I have a plush anteater named Zoey that I adore.

You have a plush anteater too? How cool! I have one named Alburquerque. He's
very realistic (as far as plush toys go)

Sally.

NightCassie

Aug 16, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/16/00
On Mon, 14 Aug 2000 18:02:54 -0700, "Fate & the Mews"
<favourit...@snafu.org> managed to mutter unintelligibly:

(snip stuffed animal things)

I've already mentioned Zoey, my anteater; I also have Scorch the
beanie baby, a gift from a friend (you RABbits might know the friend,
josh burdette); a white horse named Epona; a small tapir who's just
called Tapir (really, it's such a cool word), Ryo-Ohki from Tenchi
(whose ears are all pierced), a cow named Hathor (for the irony; the
cow looks all cute and harmless); several creepier beanie babies
(spider, snake, etc.), the Grinch and his dog...

...and that's just whet I can remember.

Cassie
np: VAST, "Pretty When You Cry" (again)

NightCassie

Aug 16, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/16/00
On Wed, 16 Aug 2000 08:04:57 GMT, "Sally Walker" <sa...@pasdex.com.au>
managed to mutter unintelligibly:

| You have a plush anteater too? How cool! I have one named Alburquerque. He's

| very realistic (as far as plush toys go)

So's mine. Did you get your at one of those all-purpose
science/nature stores that sells rocks and strange games?

Cassie

Sally Walker

Aug 16, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/16/00

> On Wed, 16 Aug 2000 08:04:57 GMT, "Sally Walker" <sa...@pasdex.com.au>
> managed to mutter unintelligibly:
>
> | You have a plush anteater too? How cool! I have one named Alburquerque.
He's
> | very realistic (as far as plush toys go)
>
> So's mine. Did you get your at one of those all-purpose
> science/nature stores that sells rocks and strange games?

No, although I know the sort of store you mean, and I have a lovely frog
from one. :) I got Alburquerque from Hamley's in London, which is probably
the best toy store in the world. It's got about a million storeys or
something.

Sally.

Karen McMurray

Aug 16, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/16/00
NightBee wrote:

> I don't sleep with any of them, although I did sleep with a pink dog called
> Mindy until...er...not that long ago. But I have a real live kitty cat now
> (otherwise known as the Cuddliest Cat in the World, when she's not wilting
> because of the heat), and she keeps me safe from the monster in the closet
> and the creepy crawlies under the bed.

Who knew that when I grew up I would actually *have* monsters under the
bed? (That's where the ferrets like to sleep.)

-karen
--
klmcm...@home.com

Never apologize; never retract; never explain.
Get the job done, and let them howl. -- Nellie McClung

Christine Marie

Aug 16, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/16/00
"Lady Miss Tree" wrote:

> Oooooh! I have the Grommit purse! He's so cute! But terribly
> impractical. I don't carry much, but I can't even get a credit card and
> a lipstick in there.
>
> Lady Miss Tree
>
> :----:----:----:----:
>
> Credit card, lipstick, keys... yup, I'm ready to face the world.

Well, and sometimes a tampon or two...

Chris
who loves to watch boys get all squinchy when you say that word

shira-

Aug 16, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/16/00
Cassie wrote:

>On Mon, 14 Aug 2000 23:30:57 GMT, "Sally Walker" <sa...@pasdex.com.au>
>managed to mutter unintelligibly:
>

>| Sally, feeling all dopey because now everyone knows that she likes stuffed
>| animals.
>
>Don't worry. I know things about 'Walker that would make you feel
>much better, and I have a plush anteater named Zoey that I adore.

I know many strange things about 'Walker, but prob'ly not as fun as the things
you know. Probably.

Oh, and I have many stuffed animals... my favorite, I think, is a Raggedy Ann
doll my aunt made for me - with sort of dark blonde hair and blue eyes, and "I
love Shira" embroidered instead of "I love you." It's very, very cool.

>Grinning evilly,
>NightCassie
>np: nothing, because the VAST isn't finished downloading yet. (See,
>'Walker, isn't that a reason not to kill me for my knowledge?)

Damn, is it THAT embarrassing? And I'm supposed to go to LA once I'm legal and
be your sex slave? <sighs> Communication, 'Walker dear! Communication!

-shbastardwouldn'tevendoteddybearpornformeira

Ekaterian

Aug 16, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/16/00
(NightCassie) writes:

>Don't worry. I know things about 'Walker that would make you feel
>much better, and I have a plush anteater named Zoey that I adore.

Really, and those would be?

Ekaterian

NightCassie

Aug 16, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/16/00
On 16 Aug 2000 21:15:10 GMT, ekat...@aol.com (Ekaterian) managed to
mutter unintelligibly:

| Really, and those would be?

Do you think I have a death wish?? That man has swords!!

Cassie
np: Soul Coughing, "Screenwriter's Blues"

Lady Miss Tree

Aug 16, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/16/00
In article <20000816171510...@nso-mf.aol.com>,

ekat...@aol.com (Ekaterian) wrote:
> (NightCassie) writes:
>
> >Don't worry. I know things about 'Walker that would make you feel
> >much better, and I have a plush anteater named Zoey that I adore.

[looks at Jinx and just smiles smugly]

Lady Miss Tree

:----:----:----:----:

"If you can't say anything nice, come sit by me." Dorothy Parker
(probably paraphrased)

Rev. NightWalker

Aug 16, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/16/00
Lady Miss Tree wrote:
> [looks at Jinx and just smiles smugly]

<arches an eyebrow, looking (albeit a bit frantically) between Jinx, Tree,
Ekat, Shira, and Cassie>

All right... what's going on here?

> "If you can't say anything nice, come sit by me."

Ahem. <keeps that eyebrow arched>

--

* Shouldn't the cosmic stupidity hopper be empty by now?

-=- Rev. NightWalker -=-
Winamp: Moby || Porcelain
(...In my dreams, I'm dying all the time...)

Rev. NightWalker

Aug 16, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/16/00
Lady Miss Tree wrote:
> You know, between the lot of us, we could
> come up with a HELL of a story...

Prolly.

> Oh, you're safe for the moment, sweetie. I have Nelly!

Which, as you stated, you would do ANYTHING for.

I'm still waiting to collect.

> Blackmail is such a NASTY term for it... ;>

Yes, but who knows more? <grins>

--

* "Someday, my Prince will come." said Snow White
....changing hands for the fifth time.

-=- Rev. NightWalker -=-
Winamp: Weird Al || Trigger Happy
(...Oh I still haven't figured out the safety on my rifle yet...
...little Fluffy took a round, better take him to the vet...)

Harvey Lee

Aug 16, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/16/00

LOL!!!
--
"Our top story tonight: famous TV dolphin Flipper was arrested today on
prostitution ring charges. He allegedly was seen transporting two 16

Harvey Lee

Aug 16, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/16/00
Christine Marie wrote:

> who loves to watch boys get all squinchy when you say that word

I don't really do that for tampon. When ya mention cathator, yup.

When I was a security guard assigned to patient watch (babysit), I once
had to help hold down a guy so they could insert one. Failed though.
--
"How was I supposed to know that, "you love a finger in your ass", was
the one thing you can't say to a man in bed?"

Lady Miss Tree

Aug 16, 2000, 8:04:38 PM8/16/00
In article <qzFm5.48$3Z2....@news.pacbell.net>,
"Rev. NightWalker" <night...@wastingbandwidth.com> wrote:

> <arches an eyebrow, looking (albeit a bit frantically) between Jinx,
Tree,
> Ekat, Shira, and Cassie>

You know, between the lot of us, we could come up with a HELL of a
story...

> Ahem. <keeps that eyebrow arched>

Oh, you're safe for the moment, sweetie. I have Nelly!

Lady Miss Tree

:----:----:----:----:

Blackmail is such a NASTY term for it... ;>

Lady Miss Tree

Aug 16, 2000, 8:40:46 PM8/16/00
In article <pcGm5.51$3Z2....@news.pacbell.net>,
"Rev. NightWalker" <night...@wastingbandwidth.com> wrote:

> Which, as you stated, you would do ANYTHING for.
>
> I'm still waiting to collect.

I'm still waiting for the definition of anything, sweetie.

> Yes, but who knows more? <grins>

I think you have a tendency to forget how much I know...

Lady Miss Tree

:----:----:----:----:

"Oh, I forgot I'd told you that..." ;>

NightCassie

Aug 17, 2000, 2:00:37 AM8/17/00
On Wed, 16 Aug 2000 16:35:25 -0700, "Rev. NightWalker"
<night...@wastingbandwidth.com> managed to mutter unintelligibly:

| <arches an eyebrow, looking (albeit a bit frantically) between Jinx, Tree,
| Ekat, Shira, and Cassie>
|

| All right... what's going on here?

It's the Chick Conspiracy. We get together and talk about people we
know, but don't tell anyone. We thought you folks would have figured
it out, since it's been going on since the beginning of time.

| > "If you can't say anything nice, come sit by me."
|

| Ahem. <keeps that eyebrow arched>

Precisely nothing I was going to say was not nice. It was all rather
endearing, in an embarassing way.

Cassie

Doc Vacation

Aug 17, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/17/00
In article <399B5375...@unforgettable.com>,

Harvey Lee <Harv...@unforgettable.com> wrote:
> Christine Marie wrote:
> >
> > who loves to watch boys get all squinchy when you say that word
>
> I don't really do that for tampon. When ya mention cathator, yup.

Is that the spiraly thing that women insert to prevent pregnancy. Now
thats looks scary! Tampons are fun.

> When I was a security guard assigned to patient watch (babysit), I
once
> had to help hold down a guy so they could insert one. Failed though.

Thanks for sharing

> "How was I supposed to know that, "you love a finger in your ass", was
> the one thing you can't say to a man in bed?"
> -Miranda Hobbes
> Sex and the City

I'll miss Bigs. He just married over here

--
I.H.T.F.P. last updated August 14 2000
http://www.geocities.com/marcusloydl
"I'm watching Jesus flying around on a unicorn, but I bet that little
miniature golf would be just the thing to make this trip peak."
docva...@hotmail.com
new rant: http://www.geocities.com/marcusloydl/rant09.html
http://www.geocities.com/a_brief_life

Ekaterian

Aug 17, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/17/00
(NightCassie) writes:

>| Really, and those would be?
>
>Do you think I have a death wish?? That man has swords!!

It's always easy to distract bois with nude photos though. <g>

Ekaterian

David Welsh

Aug 20, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/20/00
In article <20000814212556...@ng-cm1.aol.com>,
sbst...@aol.com (shira-) wrote:
> Sally wrote:
>
> <snip>
>

> What would you think about a 24 year old man who used his teddy bears
for Teddy
> Bear Porn [tm]?

You mean like these sites?

Teddy Bears in Bondage http://www.mindspring.com/~pgarts/b.html

The Kama Sutra of Pooh http://www.planetx.com/pooh/

:)

David Welsh
---
"There is no profession so lucrative as that which practises on the
superstition of the multitude."
Edward Bulwer-Lytton

Fate & the Mews

Aug 20, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/20/00

David Welsh wrote in message <8npq6a$l94$1...@nnrp1.deja.com>...

>In article <20000814212556...@ng-cm1.aol.com>,
> sbst...@aol.com (shira-) wrote:
>> Sally wrote:
>>
>> <snip>
>>

>> What would you think about a 24 year old man who used his teddy bears
>for Teddy
>> Bear Porn [tm]?
>>

>You mean like these sites?
>
>Teddy Bears in Bondage http://www.mindspring.com/~pgarts/b.html
>
>The Kama Sutra of Pooh http://www.planetx.com/pooh/

Eep!

Um

I think he had something more like this in mind:
http://www.snafu.org/michelle/concatsat.htm
6th photo down (unless I forgot how to count again)

But you really need the soundtrack and the motion (and Walker's giggling
halfway thru it) to bring it truly to life.

-MM & the ME
Mindless in Oakland
o..o
>\/<
favourit...@snafu.org
http://www.sfmidimafia.com/ - Mantenerlo Nella Famiglia
"Harlan, have you seen this girl's tattoo?"
"Seen her tattoo? I had her love child!"

Scott Conner

Sep 17, 2000, 3:00:00 AM9/17/00

Jouniac <jouni.kopo...@precis.fi.invalid> wrote in message

> 7. In what kind of music do you currently delight?
> I love Tori Amos, but othervise I listen mostly pretty old
> stuff like Blue Oyster Cult, Thin Lizzy, Led Zeppelin, Pink
> Floyd, Iron Butterfly, Jethro Tull...

Wow. A Thingie I have much in common with musically. Yay! : )

--Scott-- (who feels like the Tick when he said "Thank you God! A
Super-Villain!")

Scott Conner

Sep 17, 2000, 3:00:00 AM9/17/00

Doc Vacation <docva...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> In article <399310A5...@yahoo.com.nz>,
> Sparrow <joma...@yahoo.com.nz> wrote:
> > > Elephant spunk flavoured ice cream!!!
> > Oh *ick* peoples ...
> >
> > <slightly disgusted look>
>
> O c'mon, it could be worse <tries desperatly to think of example>

Sauerkraut flavored ice cream.

--Scott-- (nauseous)

Scott Conner

Sep 17, 2000, 3:00:00 AM9/17/00

Dylan Verheul <ne...@dyve.net> wrote in message

> On Mon, 14 Aug 2000 18:02:54 -0700, "Fate & the Mews"

> <favourit...@snafu.org> wrote:
>
> 8< snipped it all >8
>
> I used to have a really cool Cookie Monster doll when I was little.
>
> My sister accidentally broke his eyes when shutting the door to the
> toilet.

A friend of mine found out that Cookie Monster was one of my favorite
Muppets. So she got me a giant stuffed Cookie Monster. Well that has
mushroomed into about 6 other smaller Cookie Monsters, all inhabiting the
top of the fridge.

--Scott-- (C is for Cookie, and that's good enough for me)

Scott Conner

Sep 17, 2000, 3:00:00 AM9/17/00

COLT <Henning....@stud.uni-hannover.de> wrote in message
> The only stuffed animal in my flat is Jones, a Teddy half my height.
Is he hard to keep up with?

> A former
> girlfriend made him for me, and I wouldn´t part with him. He sits on top
of a
> cupboard and looks down on practically everybody. There wouldn´t be enough
> room for hm in my bed or even my sleepingroom. Oh, and I have a plastic
> Godzilla on my left speaker, throwing a plastic excavator...

Now THAT is cool : )

--Scott-- (Go Go Godzilla)

Scott Conner

Sep 17, 2000, 3:00:00 AM9/17/00

Sally Walker <sa...@pasdex.com.au> wrote in message

> "shira-" <sbst...@aol.com> wrote in message

> > What would you think about a 24 year old man who used his teddy bears
for
> Teddy
> > Bear Porn [tm]?
>

> <gasp> The horror! Poor little teddy bears, forced to perform indecent
acts.
> Abominable, I tell you. But terribly funny. :)
>
> Sally.

Let's not forget the plush Cthulhu, either ; )

--Scott--

Nathan

Sep 17, 2000, 3:00:00 AM9/17/00
In article <0udx5.10143$0y5.4...@nntp3.onemain.com>, "Scott Conner"
<sc...@usit.net> wrote:

[cnyp]

> A friend of mine found out that Cookie Monster was one of my favorite
> Muppets. So she got me a giant stuffed Cookie Monster. Well that has
> mushroomed into about 6 other smaller Cookie Monsters, all inhabiting the
> top of the fridge.
>
> --Scott-- (C is for Cookie, and that's good enough for me)

It's kind of annoying how that happens. I was really into tintin as a
kid, and for some reason that's the one thing everyone (esp.
girlfriends) remembers. "Oh, Nathan loves Tintin! I'll get him a shave
kit/watch/bathrobe with tintin! Or Snowy! Or the Cap'n on it.

So now I have a ton of Tintin shit in my closet. (yes, I know how that
sounds)

-n

NightCassie

Sep 17, 2000, 9:20:00 PM9/17/00
On Sun, 17 Sep 2000 20:37:40 -0400, "Scott Conner" <sc...@usit.net>
managed to shout above the general din of the world:

| A friend of mine found out that Cookie Monster was one of my favorite
| Muppets. So she got me a giant stuffed Cookie Monster. Well that has
| mushroomed into about 6 other smaller Cookie Monsters, all inhabiting the
| top of the fridge.

I think Cookie Monsters reproduce by budding.

Cassie
np: Ani DiFranco, "To the Teeth"
--
"That's easy, children. You just have to find the clitoris."
-Poppy Z. Brite, alt.books.poppy-z-brite, 09/14/00

DJWaxKilla

Sep 18, 2000, 4:19:59 AM9/18/00
> So now I have a ton of Tintin shit in my closet. (yes, I know how that
> sounds)

You're lucky, I'm STILL bombarded with Asterix shtuff...more than 10 years
since I last even read the damn comic!!!

-Oz

jou...@my-deja.com

Sep 18, 2000, 3:00:00 AM9/18/00
In article <4edx5.10110$is5.4...@nntp1.onemain.com>,
"Scott Conner" <sc...@usit.net> wrote:

> Jouniac <jouni.kopo...@precis.fi.invalid> wrote in
message

> > 7. In what kind of music do you currently delight?
> > I love Tori Amos, but othervise I listen mostly pretty old
> > stuff like Blue Oyster Cult, Thin Lizzy, Led Zeppelin, Pink
> > Floyd, Iron Butterfly, Jethro Tull...
> >
> Wow. A Thingie I have much in common with musically. Yay! : )

Ahh, finally... I started to be afraid that I might be the only "old fart"
here... Good to have you around Scott! ; )

> --Scott-- (who feels like the Tick when he said "Thank you God!
> Super-Villain!")

Hehh...

Jouniac (Inna gadda davida rules!)

jou...@my-deja.com

Sep 18, 2000, 3:00:00 AM9/18/00
In article <Ijdx5.10111$is5.4...@nntp1.onemain.com>,

> > > Oh *ick* peoples ...
> > >
> > > <slightly disgusted look>
> >
> > O c'mon, it could be worse <tries desperatly to think of
example>

> Sauerkraut flavored ice cream.

Have you ever tasted (or even seen) mämmi (a traditional finnish
easter-dessert)...

Jouniac

Karen McMurray

Sep 18, 2000, 3:00:00 AM9/18/00
jou...@my-deja.com wrote:

> > > O c'mon, it could be worse <tries desperatly to think of
> example>
> > >
> > Sauerkraut flavored ice cream.
>
> Have you ever tasted (or even seen) mämmi (a traditional finnish
> easter-dessert)...

Do we want to know?

-karen
--
klmcm...@home.com

Never apologize; never retract; never explain.
Get the job done, and let them howl. -- Nellie McClung

jou...@my-deja.com

Sep 18, 2000, 3:00:00 AM9/18/00
In article <39C60386...@home.com>,
Karen McMurray <klmcm...@home.com> wrote:

> > Have you ever tasted (or even seen) mämmi (a traditional
finnish
> > easter-dessert)...
>
> Do we want to know?

Well, in this case I would say that seeing is believing.

Mämmi looks like... well, honestly... like shit... and (although I have
no interest in skathology) I would imagine that it also tastes like
shit (cannot be 100% sure because I have only tasted mämmi...)

It is loading more messages.