I need the parrot sketch.

Karl Elvis MacRae

Apr 19, 1994, 9:11:34 PM4/19/94

I need a copy of the parrot sketch.

Has anyone ever transcribed it (I know this is the kind of thing
*I* would have done at one time(, and is it out there anywhere?

Thanks....

-Karl

Karl Elvis MacRae Software Release Support Cisco Systems
bat...@cisco.com 415-688-8231 DoD#1999 1993 Vulcan Eighty-Eight
"One pig to rule them all, One pig to bind them; One pig to bring them
all and on the pier-end find them..." -William Ashbless

Hamlet

Apr 19, 1994, 11:03:28 PM4/19/94
In <2p1vg6$b...@cronkite.cisco.com> km...@cisco.com (Karl Elvis MacRae) writes:

> I need a copy of the parrot sketch.

> Has anyone ever transcribed it (I know this is the kind of thing
> *I* would have done at one time(, and is it out there anywhere?

> Thanks....

> -Karl

here's my transcription, from "the final ripoff" (i'm sure you'll get
others. . .):

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
> [...]
> 2: no, no. he's, ah, he's resting.
> 1: look, mate, i know a dead parrot when i see one. and i'm looking at one
> right now.
> 2: no, no. he's not dead, he's resting, yeah. remarkable bird, the
> norwegian blue, isn't it, eh? beautiful plumage.
> 1: the plumage don't enter into it! he's stone dead.
> 2: no, no. he's, he's resting.
> 1: all right then. if he's resting i'll wake him up. hello, mr. polly
> parrot! i've got a nice banana for you!
> 2: look, he moved!
> 1: no he didn't! you hit the cage!
> 2: i never!
> 1: yes you did!
> 2: i tell you i didn't!
> 1: HELLO PARROT! wakey wakey! <hits parrot> now that's what i call a dead
> parrot!
> 2: he's stunned.
> 1: stunned?!
> 2: yeah, you stunned him just as he was waking up! norwegian blues stun
> easily.
> 1: now, look. don't play the slippery eel with me. that parrot is
> definately deceased. and when i purchased it not half an hour ago, you
> assured me that its total lack of movement was due to it being tired and
> shagged out after a long sqwawk!
> 2: well, he's probably pining for the fields.
> 1: pining for the fields?! what kind of talk is that? and why did he fall
> flat on his back the moment i got him home?
> 2: the norwegian blue prefers kicking on his back. remarkable bird isn't
> it, eh major? beautiful plumage!
> 1: look, tosh. i took the liberty of examining that bird when i got it
> home, and i discovered that the only reason it had been sitting on its
> perch in the first place was that it had been nailed there.
> 2: well of course it were nailed there. listen, if i hadn't nailed that
> bird down it would have muscled out of them bars, bent them apart with its
> little pecker, and VOOM!
> 1: voom?
> 2: voom.
> 1: mate, this parrot wouldn't voom if you put four million volts through it!
> he's bleeding demised!
> 2: no, no, he's pining!
> 1: he is not pining! he's passed on! this parrot is no more! he has
> ceased to pee! he's expired and gone to meet his maker! he's a stiff!
> berift of life, he rests in peace. if you hadn't nailed him to the perch
> he'd be pushing up the daisies! he's off his twig! he's curled up his
> tootsies, he's shuffled off this mortal coil! he's run down the curtain and
> joined the bleeding choir invisible! he fucking snuffed it! vis a vis the
> metabolic processes, he's had his lot! all statememnts to the effect of
> this parrot is still a going concern are from now on inoperative! this is
> an ex-parrot!
> 2: well. well i'd better replace it then.
> 1: (if you want anything done in this country you've got to nippit! nippit!)
> what's the news?
> 2: well i've had a look around the back, and we're right out of parrots.

Dennis Gaunt

Apr 20, 1994, 3:42:07 PM4/20/94
Hamlet (ab0...@uhura.cc.rochester.edu) wrote:

: > Thanks....

: > -Karl

: >

I think he was pining for the fjords, not the fields.

Dan Bedrosian

Apr 21, 1994, 8:37:22 AM4/21/94
In article <2p40if$i...@nexus.uiowa.edu>
dga...@franklin.uhl.uiowa.edu (Dennis Gaunt) writes:

> Hamlet (ab0...@uhura.cc.rochester.edu) wrote:
> : In <2p1vg6$b...@cronkite.cisco.com> km...@cisco.com (Karl Elvis MacRae) writes:
>

> [request for parrot sketch deleted]

> [parrot sketch deleted]

> I think he was pining for the fjords, not the fields.

Also, he has "ceased to be", but I like "ceased to pee" better.

-------------
Dan Bedrosian
h0...@hosp.med.umich.edu
-------------

Robert Slaven

Apr 21, 1994, 10:44:34 AM4/21/94
In article <1994Apr20.0...@galileo.cc.rochester.edu> ab0...@uhura.cc.rochester.edu (Hamlet) writes:
>In <2p1vg6$b...@cronkite.cisco.com> km...@cisco.com (Karl Elvis MacRae) writes:
>

>> I need a copy of the parrot sketch.
>
>> Has anyone ever transcribed it (I know this is the kind of thing
>> *I* would have done at one time(, and is it out there anywhere?
>

>> Thanks....
>

>> -Karl
>
>here's my transcription, from "the final ripoff" (i'm sure you'll get
>others. . .):

Note that the 'Final Ripoff' version is from 'Live at Drury Lane', and has
a few differences from the original TV version. Other than some minor
wording changes (e.g. adding 'fucking' to ''e snuffed it'), one notices
that Cleese is much less calm on stage than on TV, and that he has a
much harder time not cracking up.

>> 2: well, he's probably pining for the fields.
>> 1: pining for the fields?! what kind of talk is that? and why did he fall
>> flat on his back the moment i got him home?
>> 2: the norwegian blue prefers kicking on his back. remarkable bird isn't
>> it, eh major? beautiful plumage!

Oh, and it's 'fjords' and 'kipping'. A fjord is a long skinny bay with
cliffs, as one might find in, oh, say Norway, for example. 'Kipping' is
English slang for 'sleeping'--esp. re: finding a place to crash for the
night when you're travelling/bumming/drunk/whatever (in which case
'kip' becomes a noun, too).

In case anyone cares.... %-)

--
-------rob...@gov.nt.ca--------73757.601@compuserve.com-------
Robert Slaven I like traffic lights, I like traffic lights, I like

Jared Bingham

Apr 21, 1994, 7:14:22 PM4/21/94
> > 2: well, he's probably pining for the fields.
> > 1: pining for the fields?! what kind of talk is that? and why did he fall
> > flat on his back the moment i got him home?

I belive it's "pining for the _fjords_."
(get it - Norwegian??!!)

--
Jared Bingham
University of Utah School of Medicine

Richard Caldwell

Apr 22, 1994, 3:55:33 PM4/22/94
In article <2p40if$i...@nexus.uiowa.edu> dga...@franklin.uhl.uiowa.edu (Dennis Gaunt) writes:
>From: dga...@franklin.uhl.uiowa.edu (Dennis Gaunt)
>Subject: Re: I need the parrot sketch.
>Date: 20 Apr 1994 19:42:07 GMT

>: > Thanks....

>: > -Karl

Yes, and he has "ceased to be" not "ceased to pee". In fact, birds don't pee
at all. All their waste comes out through one orifice called the cloaca
(latin for sewer).

Richard aka Is this the home for the humorously challenged?

Eloise

Apr 22, 1994, 6:08:49 PM4/22/94
Try ftp to cathouse.org for a bit more accurate one ... copied from
All The Words, I believe.

Poddi. (u28...@Pining.for.the.*feee-yorrrds?*.uicvm.uic.edu)
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
% * % %
% _______ Eloise, the PodGirl % "Anyone who considers %
% / / \ \ % protocol unimportant %
% / / \ \ u28...@uicvm.uic.edu % has never dealt with %
% | / \ | gss/at d!() -p+ c+(++) l? % - Robert Heinlein %

Saar Banin

Apr 25, 1994, 9:44:44 AM4/25/94