101 Greatest George Carlin Quotes

1 view

lc

Jun 23, 2008, 1:42:20 PM6/23/08
101 Greatest George Carlin Quotes
http://www.loleg.com/blog/2007/05/14/2665/

How George Carlin Changed Comedy
http://www.time.com/time/arts/article/0,8599,1817192,00.html?imw=Y
Monday, Jun. 23, 2008 By RICHARD ZOGLIN

George Carlin, Sally Ward
http://www.jamd.com/search?assettype=g&assetid=2623779&text=George+Carlin%2C+Sally+Ward

photos
http://dmdb.org/images/carlin_stuff.jpg
http://afp.google.com/media/ALeqM5heKcHmrZbdCvfEmqEm9C6u0Ebltw?size=m
http://www.cinemablend.com/images/sections/10964/10964.jpg
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0gr59PS2QTcD9/340x.jpg
http://www.kxol1360.com/burnscarlin.jpg
http://www.kxol1360.com/funfacts.htm
http://blog.wfmu.org/photos/uncategorized/2007/10/04/burns_and_carlin.jpg
http://members.cox.net/jritland1/images/GeorgeCarlin/GeorgeCarlin-L1.jpg
http://www.wpclipart.com/famous/mugshots/George_Carlin_mugshot.png
George Carlin
http://www.cinemablend.com/celebrity/Remembering-George-Carlin-10964.html
http://www.friendsofcannabis.com/friends/george_carlin.htm

Scholars of the U.S. Constitutional say the bill, should it pass,
could easily provoke a courtroom battle on the scale of the one that
Mr. Carlin's monologue stirred up.

Craig Smith, a law professor at California State University who
specializes in censorship law, said the bill would face tough
challenges because many of the words it bans cannot be proven to be
offensive. As Mr. Carlin once famously noted, one of the words on the
bill's list (but not his own) simply combines a word for "donkey" and
a word for "concavity."

"I think you have to demonstrate that there's a harm," Mr. Smith said.
"That's a burden they can't meet."
http://www.evalu8.org/staticpage?page=review&siteid=6107

Clay

Jun 23, 2008, 2:13:06 PM6/23/08
to clays...@gmail.com
On Jun 23, 1:42 pm, lc wrote:

> 101 Greatest George Carlin Quoteshttp://www.loleg.com/blog/2007/05/14/2665/
>
> How George Carlin Changed Comedyhttp://www.time.com/time/arts/article/0,8599,1817192,00.html?imw=Y

> Monday, Jun. 23, 2008 By RICHARD ZOGLIN
>

> George Carlin, Sally Wardhttp://www.jamd.com/search?assettype=g&assetid=2623779&text=George+Ca...
>
> photoshttp://dmdb.org/images/carlin_stuff.jpghttp://afp.google.com/media/ALeqM5heKcHmrZbdCvfEmqEm9C6u0Ebltw?size=mhttp://www.cinemablend.com/images/sections/10964/10964.jpghttp://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0gr59PS2QTcD9/340x.jpghttp://www.kxol1360.com/burnscarlin.jpghttp://www.kxol1360.com/funfacts.htmhttp://blog.wfmu.org/photos/uncategorized/2007/10/04/burns_and_carlin...http://members.cox.net/jritland1/images/GeorgeCarlin/GeorgeCarlin-L1.jpghttp://www.wpclipart.com/famous/mugshots/George_Carlin_mugshot.png
> George Carlinhttp://www.cinemablend.com/celebrity/Remembering-George-Carlin-10964....http://www.friendsofcannabis.com/friends/george_carlin.htm

> Scholars of the U.S. Constitutional say the bill, should it pass,
> could easily provoke a courtroom battle on the scale of the one that
> Mr. Carlin's monologue stirred up.
>
> Craig Smith, a law professor at California State University who
> specializes in censorship law, said the bill would face tough
> challenges because many of the words it bans cannot be proven to be
> offensive. As Mr. Carlin once famously noted, one of the words on the
> bill's list (but not his own) simply combines a word for "donkey" and
> a word for "concavity."
>
> "I think you have to demonstrate that there's a harm," Mr. Smith said.
> "That's a burden they can't meet."http://www.evalu8.org/staticpage?page=review&siteid=6107

Thank you for this post.

It's truly a keeper.

-C-

The_LA_Flash

Jun 23, 2008, 2:14:27 PM6/23/08
On Jun 23, 11:13 am, Clay <cnote...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Thank you for this post.
>
> It's truly a keeper.
>
> -C-- Hide quoted text -

I agree; I bookmarked many of the sites too.

cljohnston108

Jun 23, 2008, 3:43:39 PM6/23/08
This was always my favorite pic of George...
http://usera.imagecave.com/cljohnston108/George_Carlin/APD_Headshot.jpg
It ran in the Academy Players Directory a long time ago.

Ic

Jun 24, 2008, 1:01:54 AM6/24/08
Carlin's 1990 routine (NSFW) on how euphemisms undermine discourse in
America. Post your own favorite routines in the comments. videos/
routines
http://gawker.com/tag/george-carlin/?i=5018707&t=comedian-george-carlin-dead

On Jun 23, 12:43 pm, cljohnston108 <cljohnston...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> This was always my favorite pic of George...http://usera.imagecave.com/cljohnston108/George_Carlin/APD_Headshot.jpg

Message has been deleted

cljohnston108

Jun 24, 2008, 10:59:16 AM6/24/08
I always hear The Guys talk about Tiger Woods as if he's solving the
world's problems by thwacking a little ball around, and it pisses me
off.
George felt the same way...

YouTube - GEORGE CARLIN on Homelessness and Golf
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbSRCjG-VLk

Here's the whole show...

George Carlin - Jammin' in New York

JT

Jun 24, 2008, 11:13:47 AM6/24/08
cljohnston108 wrote:
> I always hear The Guys talk about Tiger Woods as if he's solving the
> world's problems by thwacking a little ball around, and it pisses me
> off.
> George felt the same way...
>
> YouTube - GEORGE CARLIN on Homelessness and Golf
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbSRCjG-VLk

i think if you look at it from the perspective that this guy had a keen
sense of physics and gravity, and take it from a scientific point of
view, you may appreciate some of what he does.

however i liked Georges take on baseball...

flanier

Jun 25, 2008, 5:03:51 AM6/25/08
On Jun 24, 7:59 am, cljohnston108 <cljohnston...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I always hear The Guys talk about Tiger Woods as if he's solving the
> world's problems by thwacking a little ball around, and it pisses me
> off. George felt the same way...

My personal fav on golf is Robin Williams take on it....http://
www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-GBOkY1Yqg

cljohnston108