The REASON Muck talk isn't liked by a lot of furs here..

Magnwa

Aug 12, 2001, 10:37:41 PM8/12/01

The reason a lot of people don't like the muck talk is not because of Paul's
dislike for them.. or my dislike for them.. or Brian's dislike for them.
It's because other lists that are more appropriate for this type of stuff
exist. For TLK Muck, it is the VPLL THere are currently about 10 or 12 TLK
mucks out there, some doing better than others. There are about 40 or so
private TLK RPG's out there (non forum) that are invite only. There are 40
or 50 or so forums out there. Yes, the numbers shrink as the movies get
older, but if there is a TLK III , or if there is a rerelease of the movies,
I promise you that the number of mucks will grow, the number of forums will
grow, and the number of private RPGs will grow.

This is good, as it keeps people in the TLK mindshare. However, it's got to
be protected from this list, because there is a difference between the
creation and appreciation that goes on here on this list and the creation
that goes on on TLK Muck. (Or any of the other 20 or so mucks.) And what is
that difference? The difference is that not everyone here has the time or
ability to have ten or tweleve characters on different mucks, and not
everyone wants to read about the mucks all the time. Believe me.. when this
list allowed muck discussion, that was ALL this list got. It was horrid. We
had people posting logs and acting as though that was fan fiction.. and
frankly, it was horrible RP and even worse as fan fiction.

There are other lists for muck talk. There are other forums for forum talk.
This list is about the appreciation of TLK and the creation of additional fan
materials/items for TLK fans. It was made to stand alone.. to not require or
need any additional investment of time or resources. (In fact, I created the
list because my school wouldn't let me have alt.fan.lion-king newsgroups)
Please .. keep the muck talk to the muck lists.. and let's focus on creating
something here that is beneficial to those of us who cannot spend five to six
hours a day online.

Magnwa

David A. Morris

Aug 12, 2001, 11:00:31 PM8/12/01
Some of the "people" posting muck logs "as though it were fan fiction"
were myself and a friend, who adapted a situation to a story which was not a
log, but a standalone piece which you could read or delete at your
discretion. We were subsuquently flamed horrendously by many people, some
of whom used their own personal grievances against mucks as an excuse for
personal abuse. As a result, my friend not only quit the muck, but quit
this list, too, and I dropped off myself for awhile.
It was an interesting exercise to some, as I've had requests for a
repost from time to time, but I've since deleted THAT little jewel and try
not to think about it anymore, for it was a fun bit of cowriting with a
friend that was turned sour by people with an axe to grind. I'd suggest a
*little* leniency on some topics, as long as they have *something* to do
with TLK; we have constant "sightings" that really contribute nothing
discussion-wise, but are tolerated day in and day out. I agree in-depth
discussions about mucks or their policies have no place on here, but they DO
exist, and it doesn't hurt to acknowlege that fact from time to time. It
won't make your fingers fall off to click the DELETE button on your mailer
program if you don't want to do it; I excercise this freedom quite liberally
with several items that drift across the list.
This is at Brian's discretion, of course, as the moderator, and this is
only my opinion, fat-free and with no preservatives, so it won't stick in
your mailbox if you delete it out of hand. Such as it is, I stick with
fan-fiction now and again and that's pretty much it. And for (insert the
deity of your choice here) sake, people, remember that this is just what it
says; a discussion list for TLK and its fans. It's not the center of the
universe and it *sure* ain't worth raising your blood pressure over. :)
So have fun, read safe, and fasten your seat belt, because sometimes the
topics on here take some REALLY funky curves. :)

**************************************
David A. Morris
damo...@wilmington.net

http://www.lionking.org/~ahadi/

"Know then, that the world exists for you. Build, therefore, your own
world.
As fast as you conform your life to the pure ideal in your mind, that will
unfold its great proportions."

-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Geir Kirksæther

Aug 13, 2001, 6:01:15 AM8/13/01

------=_NextPart_000_0009_01C123EE.FFA55B20

Magnwa wrote:

>The reason a lot of people don't like the muck talk is not because of =
Paul's=20
>dislike for them.. or my dislike for them.. or Brian's dislike for =
them. =20
>It's because other lists that are more appropriate for this type of =
stuff=20
>exist. For TLK Muck, it is the VPLL THere are currently about 10 or =
12 >TLK mucks out there, some doing better than others. There are about =
40 or=20

--- snips a dam* too long post ---

Dude, relax...honestly. I think we have all got the picture now. I chose =
to agree with Nalina but that's what I think and believe in.

And you, is it true that you have 3 different kind of aliases subscribed =
to this list? Am I lost, or am I right here?

Regards,
Geir

geir.ki...@tiscali.no

------=_NextPart_000_0009_01C123EE.FFA55B20

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Magnwa wrote:</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&gt;The reason a lot of people don't like the muck talk is not =
because of=20
Paul's <BR>&gt;dislike for them.. or my dislike for them.. or Brian's =
dislike=20
for them.&nbsp; <BR>&gt;It's because other lists that are more =
appropriate for=20
this type of stuff <BR>&gt;exist.&nbsp; For TLK Muck, it is the =
VPLL&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
THere are currently about 10 or 12 &gt;TLK mucks out there, some doing =
better=20
than others.&nbsp; There are about 40 or </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>--- snips a dam*&nbsp;too long post=20
---</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Dude, relax...honestly. I think we have =
all got the=20
picture now. I chose to agree with Nalina but that's what I think and =
believe=20
in.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>And you, is it true that you have 3 =
different kind=20
of aliases subscribed to this list? Am I lost, or am I right =
here?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Regards,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Geir</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><A=20
href=3D"mailto:geir.ki...@tiscali.no">geir.ki...@tiscali.no</A>=
</FONT></DIV>

------=_NextPart_000_0009_01C123EE.FFA55B20--