Picture Proof: The Saddam-Al Qaeda Connections

Pookie

Sep 13, 2006, 2:50:00 PM9/13/06

bob

Sep 13, 2006, 2:57:32 PM9/13/06
On Wed, 13 Sep 2006 14:50:00 -0400, "Pookie"
<pooki...@optonline.net> wrote:

>http://gatewaypundit.blogspot.com/2006/09/picture-proof-saddam-al-qaeda.html

Give it up pookie, even your idiot president admits that al qaeda
saddam thing was a lie.

Secular Human

Sep 13, 2006, 3:36:33 PM9/13/06

mlsote...@yahoo.com

Sep 13, 2006, 3:40:42 PM9/13/06

Pookie wrote:
> http://gatewaypundit.blogspot.com/2006/09/picture-proof-saddam-al-qaeda.html

your posts are like a visit to the Christ ward in an insane asylum,
further and further away from reality drift....

Non-demopublican Voter

Sep 13, 2006, 3:48:31 PM9/13/06
On 13 Sep 2006, Pookie wrote:

> http://gatewaypundit.blogspot.com/2006/09/picture-proof-saddam-al-qaeda.h
> tml

You're right. This document proves beyond a shadow of a doubt
that Al Quaeda operates out of Saudi Arabia.

When do we attack?

[excerpt]
2. The Comission of Reform and Advise

Lead by the Saudi Osama Bin Laden who belongs to a wealthy Saudi family
with her roots go back to Hadramoot and connected strongly with the ruling
family in Saudia, and he is one of the leaders of the Arab Afghan who
volunteered for Jihad in Afghanistan, and after the expulsion of the
Soviets he moved to stay in Sudan in the year 1992 after the arrival of
the Islamists to power in Sudan.

Crash

Sep 13, 2006, 4:11:11 PM9/13/06

Pookie wrote:
> http://gatewaypundit.blogspot.com/2006/09/picture-proof-saddam-al-qaeda.html

As I think even Clay gave up on this crap - you are in fact the last
one in the neocon reading room... Please turn out the lights when you
leave...

Or in other words: The ring leader and 15 of the 19 hijackers were
SAUDIs. They trained in camps in afghanistan that were funded mostly
by the $20 million/year the SAUDIs were giving to the taliban. All of
the people involved in 9/11 were indoctrinated in SAUDI funded
madrassas.

Unfortunately the neocon assholes in charge of the u.s. have huge
financial interests in common with the saudis; witness Bandar Bush.
The neocon fuckers were not about to let a little thing like 9/11
negatively affect their portfolios, soooo, to resolve the conflict of
interest while protecting their lucrative relationship with the saudis
the israel sucking neocon fucktards invented a bullshit story about
saddam husein - grossly overstating the immediacy of the threat - and
then went tear assing into iraq thinking "hey, saddam is a problem
anyway and besides this is a great way to suck up to israel at the
expense of american taxpayers; what could possibly go wrong??"....

That's what happened pookie... You'd better start dealing with it
because the mess that your neocon friends have created hasn't even
started to boomerang back to the homeland yet...

Amanda Williams

Sep 13, 2006, 5:29:31 PM9/13/06
"Pookie" <pooki...@optonline.net> allegedly said in

> http://gatewaypundit.blogspot.com/2006/09/picture-proof-saddam-al-qaeda
> .html

rotfl...

As soon as the Senate Intelligence Committee released it's report I just
KNEW you would have one of your legendary and hilarious "translations" to
share with us Pukie... I was not dissapointed...

A "captured document" one no less... WOW...that's a notch up on the usual
"found" status... must be REALLY important eh?

And all this somehow managed to escape the notice of the Pentagon, the
State Dept., the CIA, the FBI , NSA. MI5, MI6 and all of the worlds
assembled intelligence services?.. but apparently NOT the intrepid rightard
foil-hat bloggers eh?....

WOW that's really amazing

<snicker>

--
AW

<small but dangerous>

John Starrett

Sep 13, 2006, 5:29:45 PM9/13/06

Not so fast, buster. How many "a"s in Saddam? How many "a"s in al Qaeda?
*TWO* in each case. Well, OK, three in "al Qaeda" but in "Qaeda" there
are *two*! No connection, huh?

John Starrett

Bernard Spilman

Sep 13, 2006, 7:22:19 PM9/13/06

"Pookie" <pooki...@optonline.net> wrote in message
> http://gatewaypundit.blogspot.com/2006/09/picture-proof-saddam-al-qaeda.html

You're Jewish, what're you doing at a "Jesusland" site?
WS

Pookie

Sep 13, 2006, 11:29:24 PM9/13/06

"Bernard Spilman" <b...@man.com> wrote in message

You're a self-hating Jew, what are you doing outside of your psychiatrist's
office?

Ron O'Neal

Sep 14, 2006, 1:01:04 AM9/14/06

"Pookie" <pooki...@optonline.net> wrote in message

http://gatewaypundit.blogspot.com/2006/09/picture-proof-saddam-al-qaeda.html

Once again, you cite a Blog........A Blog???

RO

Fred Oinka

Sep 14, 2006, 1:10:59 AM9/14/06

Pookie wrote:
> http://gatewaypundit.blogspot.com/2006/09/picture-proof-saddam-al-qaeda.html

Oh my god! How could we have missed this overwhelming evidence?
This, who is it again... gatewaypundit, has been withholding
information, and should be rendered under the patriot act and tortured
until they confess!
GOD BLESS THE USA!!!

Pookie

Sep 14, 2006, 7:28:11 AM9/14/06

"Ron O'Neal" <ron...@wt.net> wrote in message

False pictures?

Pookie

Sep 14, 2006, 7:35:34 AM9/14/06

"Fred Oinka" <stardu...@cox.net> wrote in message

Not everything is manufactured...like Dan Rather's documents...

lab~rat >:-)

Sep 14, 2006, 7:46:01 AM9/14/06
On 13 Sep 2006 13:11:11 -0700, "Crash" <sourc...@san.rr.com> puked:

Are you saying that because of this, there is no way there is any
connection between Saddam and Al Qaeda? I know the logical answer, I
just want to see what you say...
--
lab~rat >:-)
Do you want polite or do you want sincere?

Amanda Williams

Sep 14, 2006, 8:50:10 AM9/14/06
"Pookie" <pooki...@optonline.net> allegedly said in

Photoshop.

:o)

BC

Sep 14, 2006, 10:09:54 AM9/14/06

Heh, heh -- you should know not to go there by now.

Being, thorough, I rummaged through that blog site and
its links. It conflated bits of info that was much more
thoroughly analyzed by people far less stupid and
actually trained in that sort of thing.

As the recent Senate report showed, there were some
contacts and discussions between al-Qaeda and
Hussein's people, but primarily it involved al-Qaeda
asking Hussein for help and support. Hussein ended
up regarding bin Laden and company as threats, however.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/09/08/AR2006090800777.html
http://www.zmag.org/content/showarticle.cfm?SectionID=15&ItemID=10952

And this was already looking to be the case for anyone
who looked into all the publicly available evidence even
prior to the invasion in the first place.

Powell's UN PowerPoint presentation, where he showed
the US's case for war, actually contained some red flags
if you had bothered to check out some of the stuff on
Google, the biggest in regards to Ansar Al-Islam

Ansar is a radical Kurdish group with ties to al-Qaeda
*AND* Iran. Iran and Iraq were enemies, and more so,
Ansar wanted to establish an Islamic republic and
overthrow Hussein. From here:
http://www.rotten.com/library/history/terrorist-organizations/ansar_al-islam/

****
"...U.S. Secretary of State Colin Powell told the United
Nations that Ansar's presence in Iraq was evidence that
Saddam was working fist in glove with al Qaeda, and
thus the United States was morally justified in invading
Iraq... for this and so many other reasons.

"Baghdad has an agent in the most senior levels of the
radical organization Ansar al-Islam that controls this
corner of Iraq," Powell intoned in deep, foreboding tones.
"In 2000, this agent offered al Qaeda safe haven in the
region."

The problem with this claim may seem obvious. Why
would Saddam offer succor to a terrorist group committed
to overthrowing his own government?
****

Powell and other Bush used the Ansar's physical location,
just inside the Iraq border from Iran, as somehow meaning
that Hussein supported them --- no.) An extremely detailed
report about Ansar is here:
http://www.hrw.org/backgrounder/mena/ansarbk020503.htm

While the article is primarily about human rights abuses
and killings commited by Ansar, it does mention some
telling details about their connection to both al-Qaeda and
Iran, including how Iran mediated some conflicts between
Ansar and another Kurdish group.

So put yourself in Hussein's position when he was asked
for help and support by al-Qaeda: despite you and them
sharing a hatred for the US government, they were also
aligned with your enemy, Iran, and with a Kurdish group who
wanted to get rid of you to and establish an Islamic republic.

There was never, ever any reason or evidence to support
any of the utterly transparent (for non-dumbasses) Big
Lie nonsensical claims about there being ties between
Hussein and al-Qaeda. The most bothersome aspect of
this particular lie by Bush and his people and supporters
is that was so, so easily refutable by slightest, slightest
research and logic, but again the mainstream corporate
media let the lies slide by without any sort of real challenge.
As far as I know, only Jon Stewart and the Daily Show
made any attempt to show how ridiculous the claims
were, with the highlight being Stewart's bitch-slap of
Republican toady Stephen Hayes when Hayes came on
to promote his book of fiction called "The Connection":
http://video.lisarein.com/dailyshow/june2004/stephenhayes/06-04-04-daily-hayes-1of2.mov
http://video.lisarein.com/dailyshow/june2004/stephenhayes/06-04-04-daily-hayes-2of2.mov

Why has research and journalism become the domain
of comedians? Because, perhaps, news reporting and
politics has become the domain of fools?

-BC

Pookie

Sep 14, 2006, 10:51:32 AM9/14/06

"Amanda Williams" <p...@fu.com> wrote in message

Sorry, Reuters was not the source...

Pookie

Sep 14, 2006, 10:52:33 AM9/14/06

"BC" <call...@gmail.com> wrote in message

http://www.nysun.com/article/39631

BC

Sep 14, 2006, 12:00:42 PM9/14/06

As I said, news reporting and politics has become the
domain of fools:
http://www.pbs.org/newshour/bb/middle_east/july-dec02/opposition_8-8.html

Check the date and what Barham Salih, who is featured in
that NY Sun article, was then.

-BC

Bernard Spilman

Sep 14, 2006, 12:36:01 PM9/14/06

"Pookie" <pooki...@optonline.net> wrote in message

Sorry, presumptuous boy, but I'm a Scots-Irish Southern Baptist.
Why are YOU ashamed of your faith? Jews have a proud
tradition of civilized culture. I would'nt brag about the right-wing
zionists, granted, but overall you should be proud. I didn't intend
to "out" you Pook, I was just asking a question.
WS

BC

Sep 14, 2006, 1:50:32 PM9/14/06

Follow-up -- check out this interview with Barham Salih
from September 2001, especially the bit at the end that
was added after the 9/11 attacks:
http://www.meib.org/articles/0109_iri.htm

-BC

Pookie

Sep 14, 2006, 3:43:52 PM9/14/06

"Bernard Spilman" <b...@man.com> wrote in message

Ever hear of "Jews For Jesus"?

BC

Sep 14, 2006, 4:44:14 PM9/14/06

Curiouser and curiouser....

When I Googled for more info on "Jund al-Islam," I came
across this goldmine of info connecting bin Laden to Iran
and Saudi Arabia, as well as the Islam fundamentalists
in the Kurdistan area :
http://www.meib.org/articles/0112_ir1.htm

There was a suspicion mentioned of Hussein being
somehow connected, but the writer was hostile of Hussein
and the only "evidence" for the suspicion came from the
presence of some Sunni's from a town supportive of
Hussein. Most of the article was how the Hussein-free,
safe haven zone created by the US to provide security
to the Kurds also as a side effect made the border
area with Iran very insecure, allowing the easy transfer
of foreign fighters, weapons and money to flow across.

"The evidence appears overwhelming that armed Islamist
groups sought to establish a safe-haven within mountainous
northern Iraq. Private or public money from Saudi Arabia,
as well as from Al-Qa'ida, financed the new group. Clearly,
bin Ladin and his deputies saw a base in Iraqi Kurdistan
as a useful operating point to harm both United States
security interests as well as to destabilize Turkey.

"Just as troubling is the role of Iran in facilitating the rise of
the Jund al-Islam. The only international border into PUK
and IMK-administered territory is that of Iran. Following the
October 4 battle for Tawella, Shawkat Hajji Mushir, a local
PUK commander, commented that "if the PUK gets any
closer [to the border], PUK bullets and rockets would hit
Iranian positions." While smuggling does take place
across the border, Iranian guard posts and small forts are
visible throughout and road crossings are few. Moreover,
the Toyota land cruisers used by Jund al-Islam could not
have been smuggled into the area without the tacit approval
of the Iranian government and security apparatus. The
apparent re-supply of Jund al-Islam through Iranian territory
is further evidence of Tehran's complicity."

Now, this article is from December of 2001.

Compare that to this part of the presentation Powell made
to the UN Security Council on February 5, 2003:
http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2003/02/20030205-1.html

I should note that "Ansar Al-Islam" was the result of
a merger between Jund Al-Islam and another Islamic
group in December, 2001.

To quote:

"You see a picture of this camp.

"The network is teaching its operatives how to produce ricin and
other poisons. Let me remind you how ricin works. Less than a
pinch--image a pinch of salt--less than a pinch of ricin, eating
just this amount in your food, would cause shock followed by
circulatory failure. Death comes within 72 hours and there is no
antidote, there is no cure. It is fatal.

"Those helping to run this camp are Zarqawi lieutenants operating
in northern Kurdish areas outside Saddam Hussein's controlled
Iraq. But Baghdad has an agent in the most senior levels of the
radical organization, Ansar al-Islam, that controls this corner of
Iraq. In 2000 this agent offered Al Qaida safe haven in the region.
After we swept Al Qaida from Afghanistan, some of its members
accepted this safe haven. They remain their today.

"Zarqawi's activities are not confined to this small corner of north
east Iraq. He traveled to Baghdad in May 2002 for medical
treatment, staying in the capital of Iraq for two months while he
recuperated to fight another day.

"During this stay, nearly two dozen extremists converged on
Baghdad and established a base of operations there. These Al
Qaida affiliates, based in Baghdad, now coordinate the movement
of people, money and supplies into and throughout Iraq for his
network, and they've now been operating freely in the capital for
more than eight months.

"Iraqi officials deny accusations of ties with Al Qaida. These
denials are simply not credible. Last year an Al Qaida associate
bragged that the situation in Iraq was, quote, 'good,' that
Baghdad could be transited quickly.

"We know these affiliates are connected to Zarqawi because they
remain even today in regular contact with his direct subordinates,
including the poison cell plotters, and they are involved in moving
more than money and materiale.

"Last year, two suspected Al Qaida operatives were arrested
crossing from Iraq into Saudi Arabia. They were linked to
associates of the Baghdad cell, and one of them received training
in Afghanistan on how to use cyanide. From his terrorist network
in Iraq, Zarqawi can direct his network in the Middle East and
beyond.

"We, in the United States, all of us at the State Department, and
the Agency for International Development--we all lost a dear friend
with the cold-blooded murder of Mr. Lawrence Foley in Amman,
Jordan last October, a despicable act was committed that day.
The assassination of an individual whose sole mission was to
assist the people of Jordan. The captured assassin says his cell
received money and weapons from Zarqawi for that murder."

In Powell's presentation, Iran is never mentioned, even though
it was central to the supply of weapons, money and fighters
into that Kurdistan area; and Saudi Arabia is only mentioned
in connection with some supposed attempt to cross over into
it by some al-Qaeda operative, even though Saudi Arabia was
targeted by the Kurdish article as supplying money to Ansar.

Why would Iran not be mentioned? Perhaps because that was
Hussein's mortal enemy. While most Americans have no clue
about whose enemies are who, bringing up Iran as a supporter
of Ansar al-Islam would still utterly undermine the contention
that Hussein was also supporting them. Whatever was good for
Iran was bad for Iraq.

Now why would Saudi money not be mentioned? Well, that
might have made our dear, beloved Saudi Arabian allies look
bad, especially in light of how 15 out of the 19 9/11 hijackers
were Saudis.

If one didn't know better, one would think that the intention
was to find an excuse, any excuse, to invade Iraq, regardless
of niggling little details.

Ya think?

-BC