going to see the next film (ootp)

mewthree

Nov 30, 2006, 4:45:42 PM11/30/06
who will get dressed up to go and watch it? i will and i will be taking
my owl and broomstick with me. well i have to take some kind o
communication and transport.

marli...@hotmail.com

Nov 30, 2006, 11:07:23 PM11/30/06

I will definitely go see it but I'll be wearing my usual Muggle attire.
Unless we're talking about a July release in Australia, it will be way
too hot to wear my Gryffindor cloak (which I do wear at SF cons and
will for the 7th book release party).

Marli.

Toon

Dec 1, 2006, 4:00:43 AM12/1/06
On Thu, 30 Nov 2006 21:45:42 GMT, mewthree <pa...@mewthree.plus.com>
wrote:

>who will get dressed up to go and watch it? i will and i will be taking
>my owl and broomstick with me. well i have to take some kind o
>communication and transport.

Only if it comes out next Tuesday. Because I'll be getting book 7
that day anyway.

tbar...@yahoo.com

Dec 1, 2006, 10:37:08 AM12/1/06

> On Thu, 30 Nov 2006 21:45:42 GMT, mewthree <pa...@mewthree.plus.com>
> wrote:
>
>who will get dressed up to go and watch it? i will and i will be taking
>my owl and broomstick with me. well i have to take some kind o
>communication and transport.

Unless you're five, it's extremely tacky and lacking in societal
manners to dress-up like a movie character. Get a life.

BubblyBabs

Dec 1, 2006, 11:43:59 AM12/1/06

<tbar...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Hmmm... My kids and I dressed up for the last movie and the last book...

Babs

drusilla

Dec 1, 2006, 11:41:10 AM12/1/06
tbar...@yahoo.com escribió:

eh? I might go with a costume, or with a Potterian T-shirt ("I believe
Harry Potter!"). That or a Tonks costume :)
OTOH, I've talked before about the "Order of the sun", some local
loonies that have given the Potter fans a bad name. So, if they go with
Potter robes, I might go as a DE :P.

Kenny

Dec 1, 2006, 11:49:13 AM12/1/06

"BubblyBabs" <newsgroups_at_bu...@whatever.com> wrote in
message news:XYYbh.19001$k6....@bignews8.bellsouth.net...

For the last movie, a bunch of us went together. Picture nine adults and a
dozen or so kids, all dressed in cloaks, pointy hats, carrying wands and
broomsticks. Lots of fun.

Kenny

Fish Eye no Miko

Dec 1, 2006, 12:20:56 PM12/1/06
tbar...@yahoo.com wrote:

> > mewthree <pa...@mewthree.plus.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> >who will get dressed up to go and watch it? i will and i will
> >be taking my owl and broomstick with me. well i have to
> >take some kind o communication and transport.
>
> Unless you're five, it's extremely tacky and lacking in
> societal manners to dress-up like a movie character.

No, it's not.

> Get a life.

Why don't you get an imagination?

Catherine Johnson.

Here in Minnesota

Dec 1, 2006, 4:09:38 PM12/1/06

that's why people have kids... so they can do the things again they quit
doing when they turned 13.

Kenny

Dec 1, 2006, 5:04:17 PM12/1/06

"Here in Minnesota" <neverwill...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

quit doing when I was 13? Naah, no such hiatus, just a bit of a slowdown.

Kenny

Mauro

Dec 1, 2006, 6:09:49 PM12/1/06

"Here in Minnesota" <neverwill...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> that's why people have kids... so they can do the things again they quit

> doing when they turned 13.

Honestly, it's one of the best side effects of having kids. You remember
what its like to not take life so seriously all the time.

MD

drusilla

Dec 1, 2006, 11:30:07 PM12/1/06
Here in Minnesota escribió:

Doesn't always work for everybody. See, my son kinda hates HP. And he
likes Star Wars. And I won't go anywhere as Amidala. Never.

Reshana

Dec 2, 2006, 10:17:13 AM12/2/06
I might go and see just depends on how busy we are when it comes out

Kenny

Dec 2, 2006, 11:46:24 AM12/2/06

"drusilla" <gammanormids*erasethis*@gmail.com> wrote in message

>> Doesn't always work for everybody. See, my son kinda hates HP. And he
> likes Star Wars. And I won't go anywhere as Amidala. Never.

Ditto for Jarjar Binks. That's why I went as a run-of-the-mill Jedi. Just
a thought, are Jedi a form of wizards? Both can draw upon special powers
that most other people can't, and the stuff they do certainly looks like
magic. The only difference is that they don't need wands. Hmm. Harry
Potter and the Revenge of the Death Eaters...

Kenny

Weird Beard

Dec 2, 2006, 12:20:05 PM12/2/06
On Fri, 01 Dec 2006 16:49:13 GMT, "Kenny" <omgtheyki...@telus.net>
wrote the following in alt.fan.harry-potter:

> For the last movie, a bunch of us went together. Picture nine adults
> and a dozen or so kids, all dressed in cloaks, pointy hats, carrying
> wands and broomsticks. Lots of fun.

Pointy hats aren't fun for the people sitting behind you.

Didn't you ever watch Sesame Street?

--
"It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that certain je-ne-sais-quoi."
Peter Schickele

Kenny

Dec 2, 2006, 12:46:53 PM12/2/06

"Weird Beard" <weird...@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message

> On Fri, 01 Dec 2006 16:49:13 GMT, "Kenny" <omgtheyki...@telus.net>
> wrote the following in alt.fan.harry-potter:
>

>> For the last movie, a bunch of us went together. Picture nine adults
>> and a dozen or so kids, all dressed in cloaks, pointy hats, carrying
>> wands and broomsticks. Lots of fun.
>>
> Pointy hats aren't fun for the people sitting behind you.

I'm so glad you're here to tell me these things; I guess there was no way we
could've figured that out for ourselves. I mean, not only were we
deliberately inconsiderate and kept our big pointy hats on to piss off those
right behind us (and with the hopes that they would somehow poke their eyes
out on it) we purposely kicked the chairs in front of us to annoy those
sitting in them, let our cel phones continuously ring, loudly discussed the
differences between the book and movie, allowed our kids to jump up and down
on their chairs, throw popcorn and run wildly down the aisles screaming at
the top of their lungs. When the movie was over, we left our garbage on the
floor and dumped the remainder of our drinks on as many seats as we could.

> Didn't you ever watch Sesame Street?

All the time. After all, that's where I was taught how to annoy others in
movie theatres. I mean, wasn't that the point of those skits?

Kenny

BriD

Dec 2, 2006, 2:40:51 PM12/2/06

Kenny wrote:

> "Weird Beard" <weird...@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message
> > On Fri, 01 Dec 2006 16:49:13 GMT, "Kenny" <omgtheyki...@telus.net>
> > wrote the following in alt.fan.harry-potter:

Snip

> > Pointy hats aren't fun for the people sitting behind you.
>
> I'm so glad you're here to tell me these things; I guess there was no way we
> could've figured that out for ourselves. I mean, not only were we
> deliberately inconsiderate and kept our big pointy hats on to piss off those
> right behind us (and with the hopes that they would somehow poke their eyes
> out on it) we purposely kicked the chairs in front of us to annoy those
> sitting in them, let our cel phones continuously ring, loudly discussed the
> differences between the book and movie, allowed our kids to jump up and down
> on their chairs, throw popcorn and run wildly down the aisles screaming at
> the top of their lungs. When the movie was over, we left our garbage on the
> floor and dumped the remainder of our drinks on as many seats as we could.

So it was you sitting in front of me last time I went to see a film!!
:-)

BriD

marli...@hotmail.com

Dec 2, 2006, 8:14:28 PM12/2/06

Depends on *where* or *when* you do it.

SF cons, yes. Ren-fairs, yes. HP book release parties, yes. Movie,
probably not.

Work, no. And jury duty---never.

> Get a life.

Got one.

"without an imagination... television would exist only for news and
politics and the mental wards would be filled to capacity with people
unable to bear the stress of living in the world."
--Don Greene (June 5, 1954-December 1, 1977)

drusilla

Dec 2, 2006, 11:31:21 PM12/2/06
Kenny escribió:

ROTFLMAO! Man! that was really funny! :D

(Whatsoever, I choose pointy hats over teenagers everyday! how annoying
was to heard them gasp and sigh every f'ing single time Cedric, Krum or
half-naked Harry were on screen :S)

Mauro

Dec 3, 2006, 8:18:30 PM12/3/06

<marli...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> tbar...@yahoo.com wrote:
> > > On Thu, 30 Nov 2006 21:45:42 GMT, mewthree <pa...@mewthree.plus.com>
> > > wrote:
> > >
> > >who will get dressed up to go and watch it? i will and i will be taking
> > >my owl and broomstick with me. well i have to take some kind o
> > >communication and transport.
> >
> > Unless you're five, it's extremely tacky and lacking in societal
> > manners to dress-up like a movie character.
>
> Depends on *where* or *when* you do it.
>
> SF cons, yes. Ren-fairs, yes. HP book release parties, yes. Movie,
> probably not.
>
> Work, no. And jury duty---never.

Depends on if you actually want to *serve* your jury duty. I know of
someone who recommends to those who don't want to get picked to fill out the
forms in crayon...