Looking for fanfic recs

CJK

May 31, 2001, 4:12:04 PM5/31/01
I know it's probably not the best place to post this request to, but I had
no better ideas. Sorry. :(

I started thinking about Snape when I posted my question here, and wondered
if there was any decent Snape-centered fanfiction out there. I mean,
well-written, etc, etc. I tend to freak out when I see typos and even bad
style... yes, I'm a snob. Sorry 'bout that.

Anyone got any ideas? Thanks in advance.

David

May 31, 2001, 4:26:51 PM5/31/01
erm.. Try http://www.fanfiction.net as a starting point?

"CJK" <jkami...@crosswinds.net> wrote in message

CJK

May 31, 2001, 5:01:26 PM5/31/01

> erm.. Try http://www.fanfiction.net as a starting point?

Oh, I did. I found only a few Snape-based stories there, and only a few of
*those* were readable. And I don't know which ones are worth reading. Help,
anyone?

CJK

rowena

May 31, 2001, 11:59:34 PM5/31/01

"CJK" <jkami...@crosswinds.net> wrote in message

Yahoo groups has a Snapefans group. I'm pretty sure that you will have to
join yahoo groups to access the group, but anything is reasonable for Snape
<g>.

To access the fan fiction in the group, click on the files link.

enjoy

Rowena

Morrighan

Jun 1, 2001, 2:16:29 AM6/1/01
In article <qDzR6.279$5P.44...@news.tli.de>, CJK
<jkami...@crosswinds.net> writes
Okay. I'm a bit of a Snape bore, & have read most of the good and bad
ones that come out on ff.net. Here's a biased account of which I think
are good.

Imperius fics - Snape falls in love (well, how else could he...?)
There are a lot of these, many of them terrible, but here are the pic of
the bunch

'Letter from Exile' and 'To Sever the lining of a cloud' by Sphinx
'The Potion Master's Apprentice' by R.J. Anderson (& its sequel)
'Rose Potter and the fall of Darkness' by Rosmerta
'Beneath the Hate' by Nortylak
'My Antonia/Descent into the Maelstrom' by Tanasia Maleficarum (sp?)

Cruciatus fics - Snape Angst
Fewer of these, & the quality tends to be better as a rule

'I was Right' by Earthwalk. Widely considered the best Snapefic ther
is.
'A Second Change' by Blaise
'The Price you pay' by Snapecheerleader. (Bad nickname, good fic)
Several fics by Eline whose titles I can't remember.
'Winter of Discontent' by MMM. New series but promising.
'The Long Road to Damascus' by me (Morrighan). Ummm, since I wrote it I
shouldn't really recommend it, but I think it's quite good.

Avada Kedavra fics - Snape-destruction (not many of these)
'An Exercise in Cruelty' by Firecross. A brilliant fic, but distinctly
disturbing.

Humour fics:
'Won't wear a turban' by MMM (and several other fics)
'Parent/Teacher meeting' Can't remember the author and it's very short
indeed. Included only because it always reduces me to hysterics.
'Sacrificial Lamb' and 'Seducing Severus Snape' by Leah-chan.
These last two are both m/m slash, so approach with care.

I've probably missed a load, but never mind.

Morrighan
(http://www.fanfiction.net/index.fic?action=directory-
authorProfile&userid=20632 if anyone's interested)
--
Morrighan

CJK

Jun 1, 2001, 1:50:14 PM6/1/01
<snip>

> To access the fan fiction in the group, click on the files link.
> enjoy

Ohhhh, I did. Thank you so much. :)))

CJK

Old One

Jun 1, 2001, 6:46:03 PM6/1/01
rowena <jacqbeagl...@bigpond.com> wrote:

> I'm pretty sure that you will have to join yahoo groups to access the group,

Heaven forbid.
--
Persons attempting to find a motive in this narrative will be prosecut-
ed; persons attempting to find a moral in it will be banished; persons