Where Would L V place the Horcruxes

honeysuc...@bellsouth.net

May 15, 2007, 8:18:52 PM5/15/07
J.K. Rowling I believe has given this answer, LV placed one in a cave,
it was surrounded by water and outside the cave their was water. This
is the sign of slytherin's house. One will be in fire for Gryffindor's
house. One will be in air for Ravenclaw's house, and one will be in
the earth for Hufflepuff's house. You have to read the whole interview
through to see these may be unintended clues. I think the real locket
is in Kreator's possession one of the items he could not bare to see
thrown away by blood traitors.

drusilla

May 15, 2007, 9:21:05 PM5/15/07
honeysuc...@bellsouth.net escribió:

Ooooooh! that's something I haven't heard before...

(Go looking for books to check for more clues)

Richard Eney

May 16, 2007, 12:30:47 AM5/16/07
In article <f2dme7$ea8$3...@aioe.org>,

Yes, I think honeysuckler313 has come up with something nobody has
yet proposed here. Good work! Even better, it doesn't necessarily
conflict with my theory that all horcruxes will have a liquid
involved (Diary ink, Cave potion, Ring had a black stone - speculation:
possibly a black opal with water drop inside), and that they are mostly
triggered by being used the way the object normally would be used
(write in the diary, wear the ring = so, speculation, wear tiara,
draw sword from scabbard, drink from goblet, try to cast a spell with
wand, look in mirror, play music box, etc).

=Tamar

Ron Hunter

May 16, 2007, 4:20:11 AM5/16/07
Check for the time the teens are cleaning 12 Grimmauld Place. It's
there, but they can't open it.

honeysuc...@bellsouth.net

May 16, 2007, 7:59:10 AM5/16/07
On May 15, 9:21 pm, drusilla <gammanormids*eraseth...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> honeysuckler3...@bellsouth.net escribió:

I was just thinking DD could recognize magical enchantments on objects
the only place inside the castle DD would not be able to feel these is
in the Room of Requirements. DD says in one of the books that he
needed to used the bathroom really bad and their appeared a room with
chamberpots in it. I do not believe that DD actually investigated the
properties of this room very much. He may not have even thought much
about it, so I think LV would have hid something at Hogwarts right
under DD's nose if he thought he could and I believe that was exactly
what he did. You know the ultimate slap in the face.

Toon

May 16, 2007, 8:02:22 AM5/16/07

I think he in one in Uranus :P

honeysuc...@bellsouth.net

May 16, 2007, 8:31:11 AM5/16/07
On May 16, 8:02 am, Toon <t...@toon.com> wrote:

I think he used the meeting with DD to conceal Helga Hufflepuff's cup
in the room of requirements. LV only wanted to meet with DD to sneak
the Cup into the Castle. LV knew that DD would never let him teach
DADA after all he had done to wizards and Witches. He certainly didn't
become the most evil Wizard of the age being completely Stupid.

David Foster

May 16, 2007, 8:37:22 AM5/16/07
drusilla wrote:

But one could be under the Malfoy's drawing room floor, hidden with special
charms that Arthur was unable to penetrate.

honeysuc...@bellsouth.net

May 16, 2007, 9:38:48 AM5/16/07
On May 16, 8:37 am, David Foster <david...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> drusilla wrote:
> > honeysuckler3...@bellsouth.net escribió:

This is true but I don't think so. I think LV only gave the Dairy to
Malfoy's dad as a way to open the chamber of Secrets. I think LV would
have done anything to prove he was smarter than DD. That is why it
would be so important to hide one at Hogwarts. That would be the
equivalent of being equal to DD. We all know the only wizard LV feared
was DD, but I don't believe it was because DD was superior it was
because he had gotten carried away at their first meeting when he
first found out he was a wizard he gave DD too much insight into
himself. That's why he's always been afraid of DD. You know what they
say never tell someone something you don't want the whole world to
know. They also say keep your friends close and your enemy's closer. I
think maybe DD didn't completely trust Snape and that's why he kept
him so close now that I think about it. I also wonder if maybe DD
wished he had let LV teach so he could keep him close and would know
what he was up to. This may turn out to be DD biggest regret and he
learned a lesson from it and that's why DD let Snape teach but not the
Subject he wanted.

Green-Eyed Chris

May 16, 2007, 1:06:11 PM5/16/07
In article <134l27n...@corp.supernews.com>, dic...@radix.net
(Richard Eney) wrote:

>In article <f2dme7$ea8$3...@aioe.org>,
>drusilla <gammanormids*erasethis*@gmail.com> wrote:
>>honeysuc...@bellsouth.net escribió:
>>> J.K. Rowling I believe has given this answer, LV placed one in a cave,
>>> it was surrounded by water and outside the cave their was water. This
>>> is the sign of slytherin's house. One will be in fire for Gryffindor's
>>> house. One will be in air for Ravenclaw's house, and one will be in
>>> the earth for Hufflepuff's house. You have to read the whole interview
>>> through to see these may be unintended clues. I think the real locket
>>> is in Kreator's possession one of the items he could not bare to see
>>> thrown away by blood traitors.
>>
>>Ooooooh! that's something I haven't heard before...
>>
>>(Go looking for books to check for more clues)
>
>Yes, I think honeysuckler313 has come up with something nobody has
>yet proposed here. Good work! Even better, it doesn't necessarily
>conflict with my theory that all horcruxes will have a liquid
>involved (Diary ink, Cave potion, Ring had a black stone - speculation:
>possibly a black opal with water drop inside),

Any votes for dragonąs blood?

>and that they are mostly
>triggered by being used the way the object normally would be used
>(write in the diary, wear the ring = so, speculation, wear tiara,
>draw sword from scabbard, drink from goblet, try to cast a spell with
>wand, look in mirror, play music box, etc).

I donąt think itąs quite that easy... łthe barman drew his cloak more
tightly around his neck and walked away˛.
--
Chris

Green-Eyed Chris

May 16, 2007, 1:06:15 PM5/16/07
In article <1179318671....@q75g2000hsh.googlegroups.com>,
honeysuc...@bellsouth.net wrote:

I have a suspicion that many here see the RoR as a department store
without a house detective. Someone like Neville can simply walk in, hide
the copy of ³The Magical World of Vaginal Flora² that Prof. Sprout gave
him for his birthday and grab a Horcruxed Hufflepuff Cup on the way out. I
see nothing magical in that.

I believe the RoR to be analogous to the Philosopher¹s Stone. Only the one
who wants to retrieve an object he himself owns or has placed there will
be able to get it. With regards to possible Horcruxes there, the issue
becomes just how many powers and thoughts Harry and Voldemort share.
--
Chris

200...@wongfaye.com

May 16, 2007, 1:58:01 PM5/16/07

i would probably hide the hufflepuff encased horcrux inside the
whomping willow and enchant it to be more offensive

i would hide the ravenclaw encased horcrux in the library in the
forbidden section and charm the book to not be easy to read

i would hide the slytherin encased one in the chamber of secrets

as to the gryffindore i dont know where i would put it

honeysuc...@bellsouth.net

May 16, 2007, 3:35:43 PM5/16/07
On May 16, 1:06 pm, c...@SPAMfreenet.de (Green-Eyed Chris) wrote:
> In article <1179318671.181079.53...@q75g2000hsh.googlegroups.com>,

This is true but you can not get in the room unless you know exactly
why it's needed. Although Harry was able at last to get in when he
needed a hiding place for his copy of potions book, Harry would have
to figure out exactly how the room was used. Not as a hiding place but
say I need a place to hide hufflepuffs cup. Not just anyone would even
know about it now would they and Harry wouldn't have known about it if
DD hadn't got that memory from Hokey the House Elf.

Toon

May 17, 2007, 3:57:13 AM5/17/07
On 16 May 2007 04:59:10 -0700, honeysuc...@bellsouth.net wrote:

>I was just thinking DD could recognize magical enchantments on objects
>the only place inside the castle DD would not be able to feel these is
>in the Room of Requirements. DD says in one of the books that he
>needed to used the bathroom really bad and their appeared a room with
>chamberpots in it. I do not believe that DD actually investigated the
>properties of this room very much. He may not have even thought much
>about it, so I think LV would have hid something at Hogwarts right
>under DD's nose if he thought he could and I believe that was exactly
>what he did. You know the ultimate slap in the face.

I still can't believe he wasted his time pacing back and forth wishing
for a bathroom instead of just heading for a classroom to floo to the
nearest one.

And did he take his sued Chamber pot with him to empty it? Or leave
it for Filch? Is there a nasty surprise waiting if the room ever
malfunctions?

Toon

May 17, 2007, 3:59:07 AM5/17/07
On Wed, 16 May 2007 19:06:15 +0200, cw...@SPAMfreenet.de (Green-Eyed
Chris) wrote:

>In article <1179318671....@q75g2000hsh.googlegroups.com>,
>honeysuc...@bellsouth.net wrote:

>>> I think he in one in Uranus :P
>>
>>I think he used the meeting with DD to conceal Helga Hufflepuff's cup
>>in the room of requirements. LV only wanted to meet with DD to sneak
>>the Cup into the Castle. LV knew that DD would never let him teach
>>DADA after all he had done to wizards and Witches. He certainly didn't
>>become the most evil Wizard of the age being completely Stupid.
>
>I have a suspicion that many here see the RoR as a department store
>without a house detective. Someone like Neville can simply walk in, hide

>the copy of łThe Magical World of Vaginal Flora˛ that Prof. Sprout gave

>him for his birthday and grab a Horcruxed Hufflepuff Cup on the way out. I
>see nothing magical in that.
>

>I believe the RoR to be analogous to the Philosopherąs Stone. Only the one

>who wants to retrieve an object he himself owns or has placed there will
>be able to get it. With regards to possible Horcruxes there, the issue
>becomes just how many powers and thoughts Harry and Voldemort share.

He moved the tiara, didn't he? What's to stop him form pocketing it
and walking out with it? Or is it the little Voldy in him allowing
him to touch it? A reverse of Harry's blood in V?

Lyle Francis Delp

May 17, 2007, 11:32:21 AM5/17/07

I'll get a colonoscopy straight away.

--
Yeah! Lyle Francis Delp
Ya wanna make somethin' outtavit?

Richard Eney

May 17, 2007, 4:40:02 PM5/17/07
In article <cwlNO-16050...@o4d7a.o.pppool.de>,
Green-Eyed Chris <cw...@SPAMfreenet.de> wrote:

> dic...@radix.net(Richard Eney) wrote:

>>Yes, I think honeysuckler313 has come up with something nobody has

>>yet proposed here. Good work!

>> Even better, it doesn't necessarily
>>conflict with my theory that all horcruxes will have a liquid
>>involved (Diary ink, Cave potion, Ring had a black stone - speculation:
>>possibly a black opal with water drop inside),
>

>Any votes for dragon's blood?

Cool idea! Dragon's blood will be involved somehow - not only did DD
discover the uses, Hermione at least learned them. But I wonder - it's
most likely to be the live, flying kind in the Potterverse, but with all
the plants involved in potions, JKR might pull a switch on us and use the
vegetable version (Dragon's Blood is the sap of a plant here in the muggle
world).

>>and that they are mostly
>>triggered by being used the way the object normally would be used
>>(write in the diary, wear the ring = so, speculation, wear tiara,
>>draw sword from scabbard, drink from goblet, try to cast a spell with
>>wand, look in mirror, play music box, etc).
>

>I donšt think itšs quite that easy... "the barman drew his cloak more

>tightly around his neck and walked away".

If he had the locket, he wouldn't necessarily be wearing it. Still,
that's an interesting coincidence, that he tightened his cloak in such
a way that it specifically covered his neck. (I think it isn't likely
to be covering a vampire bite.)

=Tamar

Green-Eyed Chris

May 19, 2007, 11:09:24 AM5/19/07
In article <134pfd2...@corp.supernews.com>, dic...@radix.net
(Richard Eney) wrote:

I was indeed referring to łthe live, flying kind˛ in creating or possibly
even destroying Horcruxes. As far as detecting Horcruxes goes, I believe
that any soul fragment exposed to boiling Stinksap would protest with, at
least, an audible łMimblewimble˛.

>>>and that they are mostly
>>>triggered by being used the way the object normally would be used
>>>(write in the diary, wear the ring = so, speculation, wear tiara,
>>>draw sword from scabbard, drink from goblet, try to cast a spell with
>>>wand, look in mirror, play music box, etc).
>>

>>I donąt think itąs quite that easy... "the barman drew his cloak more

>>tightly around his neck and walked away".
>
>If he had the locket, he wouldn't necessarily be wearing it. Still,
>that's an interesting coincidence, that he tightened his cloak in such
>a way that it specifically covered his neck. (I think it isn't likely
>to be covering a vampire bite.)

...or one from Nagini.
--
Chris

richard e white

May 19, 2007, 6:30:35 PM5/19/07
honeysuc...@bellsouth.net wrote:

I think that is why V returned to hogwarts. But he might have put something
in the COS but the ROR is another good guess. If it is in the room then I
would bet on Ravenclaws tiarra.

--
Richard The Blind Typer.
Lets hear it for talking computers.

richard e white

May 19, 2007, 6:44:26 PM5/19/07
Toon wrote:

> On 16 May 2007 04:59:10 -0700, honeysuc...@bellsouth.net wrote:
>
> >I was just thinking DD could recognize magical enchantments on objects
> >the only place inside the castle DD would not be able to feel these is
> >in the Room of Requirements. DD says in one of the books that he
> >needed to used the bathroom really bad and their appeared a room with
> >chamberpots in it. I do not believe that DD actually investigated the
> >properties of this room very much. He may not have even thought much
> >about it, so I think LV would have hid something at Hogwarts right
> >under DD's nose if he thought he could and I believe that was exactly
> >what he did. You know the ultimate slap in the face.
>
> I still can't believe he wasted his time pacing back and forth wishing
> for a bathroom instead of just heading for a classroom to floo to the
> nearest one.

I think you mist that it opens for need with out haveing people pace
around. The walking three times past the door is the way to get past the
spell that normaly hides the door when you don't need it as bad.

> And did he take his sued Chamber pot with him to empty it? Or leave
> it for Filch? Is there a nasty surprise waiting if the room ever
> malfunctions?

As the room is always there the malfuntion would mean it had either nothing
or the wrong item. Though now that I think about it the wrong item at that
place may be a hand full.

David Foster

May 20, 2007, 4:36:39 PM5/20/07
> I think that is why V returned to hogwarts. But he might have put something
> in the COS but the ROR is another good guess. If it is in the room then I
> would bet on Ravenclaws tiarra.

I haven't heard anyone mention the bloody ax in the OR. When I first
noticed it, I wondered if it was the used on Sir Nicholas. Now, reflecting
on how DD gave such an obvious hint to Harry to look for the OR, I wonder
if the ax may be one of the horcruxes?

richard e white

May 25, 2007, 1:46:38 PM5/25/07
honeysuc...@bellsouth.net wrote:

If we expect to find helga's cup at hogwarts I would guess the kitchen. How
ever if the elament idea is right then I would expect the cup to be down in
the cos. As in underground cave would fit the earth idea JKR was talking
about.

richard e white

May 25, 2007, 1:56:06 PM5/25/07
Green-Eyed Chris wrote:

I think it depends on the thought you had when you walked back and forth to
open the door spell.
Harry found the room with all the hidden items because he wanted a place to
hide the HBP's book. He wasn't thinking about a place that no one could ever
get to. The way draco was able to keep harry out makes me think that V might
know about the room and had given advise on what to think. Or the door spell
may tune in to the person's thoughts better. For exsample Harry was trying to
hide the book rather then get something back. I think it is posable if harry
wanted that book back he may not find all that stuff but only the book he
wanted. The room seams to both change it's size and shape as well as the
place it opens to. either that or there are times where that huge pile is no
where at all.
Either way it means that it could be a great place to look for something.
I wounder if that is where V found the horcrux spell?
And what would happen if harry walked back and forth thinking I need something
to help me find V's horcruxes.
Might be fun. I wounder if that room could swipe people and harry would just
find a confused HG in the room?

Green-Eyed Chris

May 26, 2007, 3:25:13 AM5/26/07
In article <46572336...@cox.net>, richard e white <chip...@cox.net>
wrote:

<snip>

>Might be fun. I wounder if that room could swipe people and harry would =

>just
>find a confused HG in the room?

Depending on their ~requirements~, youąre setting up a great scene for H+H
shippers.
--
Chris

Toon

May 26, 2007, 7:59:20 AM5/26/07
On Fri, 25 May 2007 10:56:06 -0700, richard e white <chip...@cox.net>
wrote:

> For exsample Harry was trying to

>hide the book rather then get something back.

Poor way to hide something if anybody can hide in the same location.
What's to stop someone like Draco from taking a pretty tiara to sell?

mueckelein

May 28, 2007, 4:45:47 PM5/28/07
On 17 Mai, 09:59, Toon <t...@toon.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 16 May 2007 19:06:15 +0200, c...@SPAMfreenet.de (Green-Eyed
>

> Chris) wrote:
> >In article <1179318671.181079.53...@q75g2000hsh.googlegroups.com>,

> >honeysuckler3...@bellsouth.net wrote:

> >>I think he used the meeting with DD to conceal Helga Hufflepuff's cup
> >>in the room of requirements. LV only wanted to meet with DD to sneak
> >>the Cup into the Castle. LV knew that DD would never let him teach
> >>DADA after all he had done to wizards and Witches. He certainly didn't
> >>become the most evil Wizard of the age being completely Stupid.
>
> >I have a suspicion that many here see the RoR as a department store
> >without a house detective. Someone like Neville can simply walk in, hide
> >the copy of ³The Magical World of Vaginal Flora² that Prof. Sprout gave

> >him for his birthday and grab a Horcruxed Hufflepuff Cup on the way out. I
> >see nothing magical in that.
>
> >I believe the RoR to be analogous to the Philosopher¹s Stone. Only the one

> >who wants to retrieve an object he himself owns or has placed there will
> >be able to get it. With regards to possible Horcruxes there, the issue
> >becomes just how many powers and thoughts Harry and Voldemort share.
>
> He moved the tiara, didn't he? What's to stop him form pocketing it
> and walking out with it? Or is it the little Voldy in him allowing
> him to touch it? A reverse of Harry's blood in V?

Hi, I´ve been coming across this tiara in the RoR quite often in this
forum. Can you tell me where I can find this passage? I´ve not been
able to find it in the books so far. Thanks a lot for your help.

Sirius Kase

May 28, 2007, 10:56:59 PM5/28/07

Snape is certain that Harry has his teachers copy of the potions text
and orders him to go to his room and return with it. Harry gets the
book, but does a magical swappy thing with Ron's copy, then he goes to
the RoR requiring a hiding place for the real book. He marks the
hiding spot by placing a wig, and then a tiara on a bust over the
spot. Then he returns to Snape with Ron's book. Snape, of course,
knows Harry has not returned with the right book, and is angy, but
can't do anything about it. As usual, he knows something he can't
prove.

This should provide enough context for you to find the right chapter,
assuming you have the book. This is shortly after Harry curses Draco
in the bathroom using a spell from the book.

powerspit...@yahoo.com

May 31, 2007, 6:05:13 PM5/31/07
On May 26, 7:59 am, Toon <t...@toon.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 25 May 2007 10:56:06 -0700, richard e white <chiph...@cox.net>

> wrote:
>
> > For exsample Harry was trying to
> >hide the book rather then get something back.
>
> Poor way to hide something if anybody can hide in the same location.
> What's to stop someone like Draco from taking a pretty tiara to sell?

The Tiara is very old and probably tarnished extremely bad. But I
think that would be the catch if one of the Horcruxes were hidden in
plain sight. If you stop to think about it that would be just like JK
to put something right in front of us all and none of us figure it
out. You know where they say to hide anything you don't want found is
in plain sight.

powerspit...@yahoo.com

May 31, 2007, 6:18:46 PM5/31/07
On May 26, 7:59 am, Toon <t...@toon.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 25 May 2007 10:56:06 -0700, richard e white <chiph...@cox.net>

> wrote:
>
> > For exsample Harry was trying to
> >hide the book rather then get something back.
>
> Poor way to hide something if anybody can hide in the same location.
> What's to stop someone like Draco from taking a pretty tiara to sell?

The Tiara is very old and probably tarnished extremely bad. But I

Joe Bednorz

May 31, 2007, 7:15:32 PM5/31/07
On 31 May 2007 15:18:46 -0700, powerspit...@yahoo.com wrote in
<1180634767.9...@r19g2000prf.googlegroups.com>:

One of the suits of armor at Hogwarts. That was a piece of
Voldemort's soul singing Christmas carols in GoF. (Just a bit of LV.
No wonder it couldn't remember the words.)

The Slytherin dormitory portrait would be another good candidate.
What about the Goblet of Fire? Or its casket!

--
Links to Gigabytes of free books on line, emphasis on SF:
<http://www.mindspring.com/~jbednorz/Free/>

Toon

Jun 1, 2007, 4:10:07 AM6/1/07
On 31 May 2007 15:18:46 -0700, powerspit...@yahoo.com wrote:

>On May 26, 7:59 am, Toon <t...@toon.com> wrote:
>> On Fri, 25 May 2007 10:56:06 -0700, richard e white <chiph...@cox.net>
>> wrote:
>>
>> > For exsample Harry was trying to
>> >hide the book rather then get something back.
>>
>> Poor way to hide something if anybody can hide in the same location.
>> What's to stop someone like Draco from taking a pretty tiara to sell?
>
>The Tiara is very old and probably tarnished extremely bad.

Not the point. You hide your horcrux there. Draco comes in to hide
stuff, sees it, and takes it. You can't even complain without
revealing you're hiding stuff, ie, a horcrux.

richard e white

Jun 2, 2007, 4:47:37 PM6/2/07
Toon wrote:

Because the room would know the state of mind the person was in. Harry
found all that stuff when he needed to hide something really bad. He
didn't take anything. He just marked the place and moved on. Finding the
item when you know it's in there may not be as easy.
even then getting the right item would be rare in that place. Finding
something by accadent may not be the same as looking for the exsact item.
Tho your comments are why I expect the cos as a better one. But V may be
crazzy enugf to put something in that mess of items. Though if he did
there would also be spells guarding it. The trap spell may only be set
off if you try and leave with it. Though I still would have expected some
sort of guardiean. The hole where the snake was in the cos is where I
would expect to find a horcrux if it is in the chamber. But the ROR is
worth a try as well if you have no where else to look.

did you ever wounder why Ron didn't think about money as he walked back
and forth? I would expect that all the dropped change from the school
would be in there.

richard e white

Jun 2, 2007, 4:49:40 PM6/2/07
Toon wrote:

That would depend on the trap spells left. and a good trap spell would only
work if the person tried to remove it from it's hideing place.

Toon

Jun 3, 2007, 7:29:23 AM6/3/07
On Sat, 02 Jun 2007 13:47:37 -0700, richard e white <chip...@cox.net>
wrote:

>The hole where the snake was in the cos is where I

>would expect to find a horcrux if it is in the chamber. But the ROR is
>worth a try as well if you have no where else to look.

Check Salazaar's nose. Probably a slimy coated horcrux in there.

>did you ever wounder why Ron didn't think about money as he walked back
>and forth? I would expect that all the dropped change from the school
>would be in there.

I think the Elves have sticky fingers. Or Snape.

Toon

Jun 3, 2007, 7:30:39 AM6/3/07
On Sat, 02 Jun 2007 13:49:40 -0700, richard e white <chip...@cox.net>
wrote:

>Toon wrote:

if there is one. Harry left no trap spell. I suppose the ROR might
be designed to not let anyone but he rightful owner leave with the
item. But then what of transfiguring it into what you deposited and
traning it back.

Dragon Rider

Jun 3, 2007, 6:12:06 PM6/3/07
I'm going to take a free ride on this thread and present a few more
novel items, based in FBaWtFT and JKR's site. Rather long post...

honeysuckler3...@bellsouth.net escreveu:

> J.K. Rowling I believe has given this answer, LV placed one in a cave,
> it was surrounded by water and outside the cave their was water. This
> is the sign of slytherin's house. One will be in fire for Gryffindor's
> house. One will be in air for Ravenclaw's house, and one will be in
> the earth for Hufflepuff's house. You have to read the whole interview
> through to see these may be unintended clues. I think the real locket
> is in Kreator's possession one of the items he could not bare to see
> thrown away by blood traitors.

I've been working in a theory based on two pieces of canon that don't
seem to fit together: JKR's site has as one of its Easter eggs a
correspondence table, Beasts to numbers. All beasts are featured in
FBaWtFT. It goes as this:

First column:
0 - Demiguise;
1 - Unicorn;
2 - Graphorn;
3 - Runespoor;
4 - Fwooper;
Second column:
5 - Quintaped;
6 - Salamander;
7 - Unknown;
8 - Acromantula;
9 - Hydra.

Since number seven is given as unknown, I've tried reading the list in
two ways:
A - seven is DH and the list has something to do with the plot of the
books;
B - seven is LV's soul bit in his new body and the list has to do with
Horcrux location.

Following A seemed more promising, since we now know an Invisibility
cloak had something to do with the events when the Potters were
murdered (that would be zero), PS had V drinking unicorn blood, CoS
had two soul bits active at the same time (one in Albania and one in
Hogwarts); PoA had three surviving Marauders (and if you read the
description for the Runespoor's different heads the correspondence
even makes sense!) and GoF had four schools (three real ones and the
fake one used to put Harry in the Tournament). But the Quintaped
didn't fit with OotP, nor did the salamander with HBP, unless you
count the ring of fire in the cave.

Following B for these entries that didn't make sense, specially using
honeysuckler's idea of elements (fire for the salamander, for
instance) could put a Horcrux at the Quintaped's island and another in
a fire, for instance.

In fact, A goes well with column one and B with column two. So... any
ideas to improve that?

fl...@andrew.seeemmyou.eeedeeyou

Jun 4, 2007, 11:18:14 AM6/4/07
richard e white <chip...@cox.net> writes:
> did you ever wounder why Ron didn't think about money as he walked back
> and forth? I would expect that all the dropped change from the school
> would be in there.
I doubt that the RoR transports stuff from one place in the castle to
another. Barty/Moody's dark detector instruments might be an example
that supports the "stuff from around the castle", but i think they
might have just looked similar.

Interestingly when musing over the "what would you wish for"
question, i've thought that a purse from which "lost money"
could be drawn would be interesting... except that i'm afraid i'd
be pulling foreign coins and pennies out all the time. *smile*

I love interesting currency... so perhaps that wouldn't
be such a bad thing.... especially gold dubloons from
sunken treasure.

--
flip
Just on the border of your waking mind, There lies - Another time,

powerspit...@yahoo.com

Jun 4, 2007, 1:00:12 PM6/4/07
On Jun 4, 11:18 am, f...@andrew.SeeEmmYou.EeeDeeYou wrote:
> richard e white <chiph...@cox.net> writes:> did you ever wounder why Ron didn't think about money as he walked back

Some one ask what page the tiara in on, well their is one in HBP page
527, to understand the concept of whats going on start at 525. As you
know although harry has been trying to find what Draco's been working
on in the RoR. The Vanishing Cabinet is in here on page 526 he walks
right past it, Why, because he is occupied with what he wants to hide
not all this junk he's came across. I think it would be just like JK
to hide something right in front of us all just to show she is that
good. Oh yeah the other tiara is on page 623 in HBP Our Great-Auntie
Muriel, Said Mrs. Weasley after a long pause, "has a very beautiful
tiara--Goblin-made-- which I am sure I could persuade her to lend you
for the Wedding. I'd really need to see more of Mrs. Weasley's
ancestors before I bet it was that tiara in particular that is the
Horcrux but I wouldn't put it past JK to plant the tiara with the
Weasley's, Ron's rat was Peter, Ginny ended up with the Diary and the
twins used the very item that Draco uses to get LV's Death Eaters into
the Castle and kill DD with, and Charley trained the dragons in Harry
Potter and the Goblet of Fire. So That could be the connection. This
tiara on page 623 in HBP is somehow in the Weasley family and can be
obtained by one of them so this may actually be the tiara that is
Ravenclaws.

Toon

Jun 5, 2007, 3:37:57 AM6/5/07
On Mon, 04 Jun 2007 10:00:12 -0700, powerspit...@yahoo.com
wrote:

>Some one ask what page the tiara in on, well their is one in HBP page
>527, to understand the concept of whats going on start at 525. As you
>know although harry has been trying to find what Draco's been working
>on in the RoR. The Vanishing Cabinet is in here on page 526 he walks
>right past it, Why, because he is occupied with what he wants to hide
>not all this junk he's came across. I think it would be just like JK
>to hide something right in front of us all just to show she is that
>good. Oh yeah the other tiara is on page 623 in HBP Our Great-Auntie
>Muriel, Said Mrs. Weasley after a long pause, "has a very beautiful
>tiara--Goblin-made-- which I am sure I could persuade her to lend you
>for the Wedding. I'd really need to see more of Mrs. Weasley's
>ancestors before I bet it was that tiara in particular that is the
>Horcrux but I wouldn't put it past JK to plant the tiara with the
>Weasley's, Ron's rat was Peter, Ginny ended up with the Diary and the
>twins used the very item that Draco uses to get LV's Death Eaters into
>the Castle and kill DD with, and Charley trained the dragons in Harry
>Potter and the Goblet of Fire. So That could be the connection. This
>tiara on page 623 in HBP is somehow in the Weasley family and can be
>obtained by one of them so this may actually be the tiara that is
>Ravenclaws.

Interetsing theory. Here's another. No tiara is a horcrux.

richard e white

Jun 5, 2007, 11:44:47 AM6/5/07
Toon wrote:

Best to remember that many magic items can tell what somethings true shape is.
Just like Harry's map the room may truly know what you are carrying. If a item
is there it would need spells to protect it. And the shear amount of magic at
hogwarts would help to hide it.
All I am saying is that with the right spells the ror is the second best place to
hide something at hogwarts that we have seen.
Where the snake came out of in the cos is the best place. Not only would you
have to know how to get down there but the snake would be a great gardeain. Even
harry who was down there didn't look into where the snake was hideing. In fact
only a snake may be able to retrive something from that spot. Though with not
knowing much about the size of the space it is hard to tell.

richard e white

Jun 5, 2007, 11:53:15 AM6/5/07
fl...@andrew.SeeEmmYou.EeeDeeYou wrote:

> richard e white <chip...@cox.net> writes:
> > did you ever wounder why Ron didn't think about money as he walked back
> > and forth? I would expect that all the dropped change from the school
> > would be in there.
> I doubt that the RoR transports stuff from one place in the castle to
> another. Barty/Moody's dark detector instruments might be an example
> that supports the "stuff from around the castle", but i think they
> might have just looked similar.

No. If the room didn't take things from other places then the room was set
up with all the things in the first place. Well come to think of it it might
copy other things from around the school.
But remember all the books they found when they wanted it for DA meetings?
The pillows? the elf bed dobby found? for these items I think the room
either gets them from some where else or copys something it has seen to
fullfill the need. But at other times I think it makes what is needed. The
anti dotes Dobby found and the cleaning items filch found seam to fit this.
But we won't know for sure until we get more ansers.

> Interestingly when musing over the "what would you wish for"
> question, i've thought that a purse from which "lost money"
> could be drawn would be interesting... except that i'm afraid i'd
> be pulling foreign coins and pennies out all the time. *smile*

If I was able to get a working wand would be the only thing to beat moody's
eye. But then I think you can guess why.

> I love interesting currency... so perhaps that wouldn't
> be such a bad thing.... especially gold dubloons from
> sunken treasure.

I wounder how close you would need to be? would you need to take your purse
diveing?

> --
> flip
> Just on the border of your waking mind, There lies - Another time,
> Where darkness & light - are one. And as you tread the halls of sanity,
> You feel so glad to be, Unable to go beyond. ELO - Twilight Prologue
> In my email replace SeeEmmYou.EeeDeeYou with CMU.EDU

richard e white

Jun 5, 2007, 12:00:31 PM6/5/07
Dragon Rider wrote:

I hadn't heard of that easter egg.
how do you get to it?
Maybe I can get my brother to take a look at it.

Toon

Jun 6, 2007, 8:03:55 AM6/6/07
On Tue, 05 Jun 2007 08:44:47 -0700, richard e white <chip...@cox.net>
wrote:

>All I am saying is that with the right spells the ror is the second best place to

>hide something at hogwarts that we have seen.

Somehow I doubt most students hiding stuff ever thought to use a
protection/trap spell.

Toon

Jun 6, 2007, 8:05:05 AM6/6/07
On Tue, 05 Jun 2007 08:53:15 -0700, richard e white <chip...@cox.net>
wrote:

>fl...@andrew.SeeEmmYou.EeeDeeYou wrote:

>> richard e white <chip...@cox.net> writes:
>> > did you ever wounder why Ron didn't think about money as he walked back
>> > and forth? I would expect that all the dropped change from the school
>> > would be in there.
>> I doubt that the RoR transports stuff from one place in the castle to
>> another. Barty/Moody's dark detector instruments might be an example
>> that supports the "stuff from around the castle", but i think they
>> might have just looked similar.
>
>No. If the room didn't take things from other places then the room was set
>up with all the things in the first place. Well come to think of it it might
>copy other things from around the school.
>But remember all the books they found when they wanted it for DA meetings?
>The pillows? the elf bed dobby found? for these items I think the room
>either gets them from some where else or copys something it has seen to
>fullfill the need. But at other times I think it makes what is needed. The
>anti dotes Dobby found and the cleaning items filch found seam to fit this.
>But we won't know for sure until we get more ansers.

I still want to know if the ROR copied or stole the DA Master list.

Joe Bednorz

Jun 6, 2007, 7:00:48 PM6/6/07
On Wed, 06 Jun 2007 08:05:05 -0400, Toon wrote in
<7m8d63t9k1vbth7rr...@4ax.com>:

That's a good question.

mueckelein

Jun 8, 2007, 5:19:07 PM6/8/07
On 16 Mai, 15:38, honeysuckler3...@bellsouth.net wrote:
> On May 16, 8:37 am, David Foster <david...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>

> > drusilla wrote:

> > > Ooooooh! that's something I haven't heard before...
>
> > > (Go looking for books to check for more clues)
>
> > But one could be under the Malfoy's drawing room floor, hidden with special
> > charms that Arthur was unable to penetrate.
>
> This is true but I don't think so. I think LV only gave the Dairy to
> Malfoy's dad as a way to open the chamber of Secrets. I think LV would
> have done anything to prove he was smarter than DD. That is why it
> would be so important to hide one at Hogwarts. That would be the
> equivalent of being equal to DD. We all know the only wizard LV feared
> was DD, but I don't believe it was because DD was superior it was
> because he had gotten carried away at their first meeting when he
> first found out he was a wizard he gave DD too much insight into
> himself. That's why he's always been afraid of DD. You know what they
> say never tell someone something you don't want the whole world to
> know. They also say keep your friends close and your enemy's closer. I
> think maybe DD didn't completely trust Snape and that's why he kept
> him so close now that I think about it. I also wonder if maybe DD
> wished he had let LV teach so he could keep him close and would know
> what he was up to. This may turn out to be DD biggest regret and he
> learned a lesson from it and that's why DD let Snape teach but not the
> Subject he wanted.

I am still looking for evidence that the diary was given to Lucius!
Why should LV have given this precious item to Lucius? I have always
assumed that LV left the diary at his house ( definately unplotable)
and that Lucius took it from there knowing what it could do but being
unaware of its meaning to LV.

mueckelein

Jun 8, 2007, 5:41:56 PM6/8/07
On 7 Jun., 01:00, Joe Bednorz <inva...@invalid.invalid> wrote:
> On Wed, 06 Jun 2007 08:05:05 -0400, Toon wrote in
> <7m8d63t9k1vbth7rrjhqcarb6uqua2l...@4ax.com>:
>

> >On Tue, 05 Jun 2007 08:53:15 -0700, richard e white <chiph...@cox.net>
> >wrote:

> >>No. If the room didn't take things from other places then the room was set
> >>up with all the things in the first place. Well come to think of it it might
> >>copy other things from around the school.
> >>But remember all the books they found when they wanted it for DA meetings?
> >>The pillows? the elf bed dobby found? for these items I think the room
> >>either gets them from some where else or copys something it has seen to
> >>fullfill the need. But at other times I think it makes what is needed. The
> >>anti dotes Dobby found and the cleaning items filch found seam to fit this.
> >>But we won't know for sure until we get more ansers.
>
> >I still want to know if the ROR copied or stole the DA Master list.
>
> That's a good question.
>
> --
> Links to Gigabytes of free books on line, emphasis on SF:
> <http://www.mindspring.com/~jbednorz/Free/>
> All the Best,
> Joe Bednorz

I thought that the RoR produced everything that was needed and the
stuff vanished like everything that is produced magically ( Leprechaun
gold, Hermione´s birds, DD´s chair at the court at the MoM...) It is
said that magically produced things vanish into thin air after a
while. No copying or stealing things. It would have been fine for
Malfoy to say " I need a room where I can place and repare a vanishing
cabinet". That´s it. Room for the cabinet and all tools necessary for
fixing it in there.
But one other big question: If the RoR is in use and someone else
passes it with a certain "requirement", does it open for him, too,
being two rooms in one then? What would have happened if Harry and
Malfoy had wanted to use it at the same time? Can you say that when
it doesn´t open, that someone else is just using it - I would think
that mostly very secret and forbidden things happen in there. DD
needing a toilet is probably one innocent exception.

mueckelein

Jun 8, 2007, 5:58:56 PM6/8/07
On 25 Mai, 19:56, richard e white <chiph...@cox.net> wrote:
> Green-Eyed Chris wrote:
> > In article <1179318671.181079.53...@q75g2000hsh.googlegroups.com>,

I think the room of requirements is a place that is meant to be used
as a place. It appears if you need a room and adapts to the task it is
meant for. It is not the fairy with the three wishes fulfilling every
wish you have. Saying "I need a room where there is mounds of gold or
a book with the spell for making Horcruxes in" won´t work. Dobby
needed a room to hide Winky there. The room is able to "think" in a
way to fulfill the task it was made for. Therefore it contained the
potions to get Winky back to normal again. The scene with Filch is
strange though. Otherwise I would say you cannot remove anything from
the RoR that you haven´t put in before.

DaveD

Jun 10, 2007, 7:17:07 PM6/10/07

"mueckelein" <mueck...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

On 16 Mai, 15:38, honeysuckler3...@bellsouth.net wrote:
> On May 16, 8:37 am, David Foster <david...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> > drusilla wrote:
> > > honeysuckler3...@bellsouth.net escribió:

> > But one could be under the Malfoy's drawing room floor, hidden with

> > special
> > charms that Arthur was unable to penetrate.
>
> This is true but I don't think so. I think LV only gave the Dairy to
> Malfoy's dad as a way to open the chamber of Secrets. I think LV would
> have done anything to prove he was smarter than DD. That is why it
> would be so important to hide one at Hogwarts. That would be the
> equivalent of being equal to DD. We all know the only wizard LV feared
> was DD, but I don't believe it was because DD was superior it was
> because he had gotten carried away at their first meeting when he
> first found out he was a wizard he gave DD too much insight into
> himself. That's why he's always been afraid of DD. You know what they
> say never tell someone something you don't want the whole world to
> know. They also say keep your friends close and your enemy's closer. I
> think maybe DD didn't completely trust Snape and that's why he kept
> him so close now that I think about it. I also wonder if maybe DD
> wished he had let LV teach so he could keep him close and would know
> what he was up to. This may turn out to be DD biggest regret and he
> learned a lesson from it and that's why DD let Snape teach but not the
> Subject he wanted.

<quote> I am still looking for evidence that the diary was given to Lucius!

Why should LV have given this precious item to Lucius? I have always
assumed that LV left the diary at his house ( definately unplotable)
and that Lucius took it from there knowing what it could do but being
unaware of its meaning to LV.

</quote>

I think it was something D said, presumably in HBP, explaining to Harry the
way Voldy dealt with his horcruxes (either that or it must have been
something JKR revealed in an interview).

I'll try to remember to look it up later.

DaveD

Ron Hunter

Jun 11, 2007, 5:35:42 AM6/11/07
Don't you think that if Lucius took the diary without permission, and it
was later destroyed, Voldemort would have killed him as soon as he
discovered that? The only way Lucius could still be alive after that is
for Voldemort to NOT KNOW the diary was missing. So, does he, or
doesn't he?

Toon

Jun 12, 2007, 4:08:22 AM6/12/07
On Mon, 11 Jun 2007 04:35:42 -0500, Ron Hunter <rphu...@charter.net>
wrote:

But he does know Lucius used it, and never killed him. So, Lucscius
could never have stolen it.

richard e white

Jun 13, 2007, 8:08:32 PM6/13/07
mueckelein wrote:

I think it wouldn't open. I think that was harry's main problem at getting in when
Draco was in there.

richard e white

Jun 13, 2007, 8:12:17 PM6/13/07
mueckelein wrote:

In book six DD tells harry dureing one of the private lessons, That V gave it to
draco's father who was to wait until orderd to use it. It was one of the reasons
that draco's father would be most likely glade to be in prison. The mistion at the
MOM at the end of book 5 was his second chance.

BubblyBabs

Sep 14, 2007, 4:34:12 PM9/14/07

<honeysuc...@bellsouth.net> wrote in message

> J.K. Rowling I believe has given this answer, LV placed one in a cave,
> it was surrounded by water and outside the cave their was water. This
> is the sign of slytherin's house. One will be in fire for Gryffindor's
> house. One will be in air for Ravenclaw's house, and one will be in
> the earth for Hufflepuff's house. You have to read the whole interview
> through to see these may be unintended clues. I think the real locket
> is in Kreator's possession one of the items he could not bare to see
> thrown away by blood traitors.

Hufflepuffs cup was underground in Gringotts vault...
Ravenclaws diadem was in the RoR which is in an upper floor of Hogwarts...
The locket was where you mentioned until it was stolen...

Very good observations "honeysuckler3137"
Babs

Tim Bruening

Sep 26, 2007, 3:09:28 AM9/26/07

BubblyBabs wrote:

Which Horcrux was in fire?

BubblyBabs

Sep 26, 2007, 5:16:16 AM9/26/07

"Tim Bruening" <tsbr...@pop.dcn.davis.ca.us> wrote in message

Heh, since V never got to make a Gryffindor House item a horcrux (on
purpose) then I suppose none was in the fire (unless you count Harry in the
fireplace with flue power)..

:-)

Babs

Toon

Sep 27, 2007, 6:32:07 AM9/27/07

I thought it was Harry, in the Great Hall, with the Wand.

BubblyBabs

Sep 27, 2007, 7:22:47 AM9/27/07

"Toon" <to...@toon.com> wrote in message

V never made Harry a horcrux on purpose... And by the time they had the
duel in the Great Hall Harry was no longer a horcrux...
Babs

Tim Bruening

Oct 12, 2007, 2:53:52 AM10/12/07
Toon wrote:

> On 16 May 2007 04:59:10 -0700, honeysuc...@bellsouth.net wrote:
>
> >I was just thinking DD could recognize magical enchantments on objects
> >the only place inside the castle DD would not be able to feel these is
> >in the Room of Requirements. DD says in one of the books that he
> >needed to used the bathroom really bad and their appeared a room with
> >chamberpots in it. I do not believe that DD actually investigated the
> >properties of this room very much. He may not have even thought much
> >about it, so I think LV would have hid something at Hogwarts right
> >under DD's nose if he thought he could and I believe that was exactly
> >what he did. You know the ultimate slap in the face.
>
> I still can't believe he wasted his time pacing back and forth wishing
> for a bathroom instead of just heading for a classroom to floo to the
> nearest one.

I think you mist that it opens for need with out haveing people pace
around. The walking three times past the door is the way to get past
the
spell that normaly hides the door when you don't need it as bad.

> And did he take his sued Chamber pot with him to empty it? Or leave
> it for Filch? Is there a nasty surprise waiting if the room ever
> malfunctions?

Why would anyone sue a chamber pot?

John VanSickle

Oct 13, 2007, 9:32:55 PM10/13/07
Tim Bruening wrote:

>>And did he take his sued Chamber pot with him to empty it? Or leave
>>it for Filch? Is there a nasty surprise waiting if the room ever
>>malfunctions?
>
> Why would anyone sue a chamber pot?

Ever met a lawyer?

Regards,