Grafton Arms

Peter Harris

Jan 23, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/23/96
In <4dn38q$k...@news.sas.ab.ca> alan...@fn1.freenet.edmonton.ab.ca () writes:

>My dad had a carpenters workshop in Grafton Place, Morecambe,
>Lancashire. However (all together now) "He couldn't get the wood y'know"

So much for the Grafton Arms. Is it true that the Grafton Legs
ran away in 1927 and haven't been seen since ?

--
Peter Harris, Optoelectronics, Southampton University
"Nothing enjoys having a foreign object forcibly inserted into it.

Dave Yost

Jan 26, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/26/96
In article <19JAN199...@psi.ch>,
Dr Ivan D Reid, muSR Facility, PSI <re...@psi.ch> wrote:
>In article <4dlo7u$1...@Yost.com>, yo...@Yost.com (Dave Yost) writes...
>>We asked a passing young pierced 20-something (who allowed that he was
>>quite pissed) where it was and he told us
> ^^^^^^
>
> US or Aussie/Pom usage?
>
>Ivan Reid, Paul Scherrer Institute, CH. re...@psi.ch

Let me put it this way: he was

a bit gone
about gone
about right
addled
adrip
afflicted
afloat
alcoholized
alkied-up
all at sea
all gone
altogethery
anchored in Sot's Bay
aped
apple palsy
arf an arf
arfarfanarf
at his ease
at rest
awash
awry-eyed
Bacchi plenus
bagged
ball-dozed
balmy
bamboozled
baptized
barreled
barreled-up
barrel-house drunk
basted
batted
battered
beargered
been at an Indian feast
been in the sun
been to France
beerified
berry
behind the cork
belted
bemused
bent
bent out of shape
bewitched
bibacious
bibulous
biffy
binged
blanked
blasted
bleary-eyed
blewed
blimped
blind
blind drunk
blinded
blinders
blindo
blind staggers
blithered
blitzed
bloated
blotto
blowed-away
blown-away
blown-up
blue
blued
blue-eyed
boiled
boiled as an owl
etc.

Dr Ivan D Reid, muSR Facility, PSI

Jan 28, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/28/96
In article <4ecdpk$m...@Yost.com>, yo...@Yost.com (Dave Yost) writes...

>In article <19JAN199...@psi.ch>,
>Dr Ivan D Reid, muSR Facility, PSI <re...@psi.ch> wrote:
>>In article <4dlo7u$1...@Yost.com>, yo...@Yost.com (Dave Yost) writes...
>>>We asked a passing young pierced 20-something (who allowed that he was
>>>quite pissed) where it was and he told us
>> ^^^^^^

>> US or Aussie/Pom usage?

>>Ivan Reid, Paul Scherrer Institute, CH. re...@psi.ch

>Let me put it this way: he was

> a bit gone

[You gotta snip it]

> boiled as an owl
> etc.

My, what a big thesaurus you have!

Bloodnok: And there's _more_ where that came from!

d.j.peacock

Jan 29, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/29/96
In article <28JAN199...@psi.ch> Dr Ivan D Reid, re...@psi.ch writes:
>>Let me put it this way: he was
>
>> a bit gone
>
>[You gotta snip it]
>
>> boiled as an owl
>> etc.
>
> My, what a big thesaurus you have!
>
>Bloodnok: And there's _more_ where that came from!

Prove it !