A Reply To Clint Forrester

1 view

xyd...@my-dejanews.com

Dec 6, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/6/98
On dejanews.members.ent.videocube.burned-fur,
Clint Forrester wrote WRT the Burned Fur "Kooks" page:
> Like I said, the page's purpose is not to annoy Xydexx. It's to inform
> others so they'll know what to expect if they run across him. But if anyone
> thinks the page isn't serving its intended purpose, let me know. Of course,
> if I ever run into him at a con, I'll put his fucking head through a wall.

Mr. Forrester:

It has been very educational talking to you this past week.

I will reiterate my long-standing belief that scapegoating and infighting have
never been necessary, nor successful, in improving furry fandom's image.

The sooner the Burned Fur movement learns to accept that, the sooner you will
be able to start directing their efforts towards a more productive goal, like
helping make this a fandom everyone can enjoy.

Regards,

Rev. Xydexx Squeakypony, K.S.C., T.D.S.F.A.
Former Ambassador To Furry Fandom
Xydexx's Anthrofurry Homepage
http://www.smart.net/~xydexx/anthrofurry/homepage.htm
[ICQ: 7569393]

peter...@my-dejanews.com

Dec 6, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/6/98
In article <74eqnn$vu9$1...@nnrp1.dejanews.com>,

xyd...@my-dejanews.com wrote:

> Mr. Forrester:
>
> It has been very educational talking to you this past week.

As it has been for me with you. Hello, Xydexx; it's Hangdog again. You had
previously said you would never again post to the Burned Fur forum, but since
you have changed your mind, welcome. I find your most recent post here to be
civil, rational, and honest. Although Mr. Forrester is the ultimate
authority on such matters, I think I may safely say that posts of that sort
are always welcome here.

> I will reiterate my long-standing belief that scapegoating and infighting have
> never been necessary, nor successful, in improving furry fandom's image.

True enough. I reject, however, the implicit assumption that this is all that
Burned Fur's about.

> The sooner the Burned Fur movement learns to accept that, the sooner you will
> be able to start directing their efforts towards a more productive goal, like
> helping make this a fandom everyone can enjoy.

Indeed, and much of our current discussions have revolved around how to move
outward from the shock/protest beachhead.

Sincerely,

Hangdog

vide...@my-dejanews.com

Dec 7, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/7/98
xyd...@my-dejanews.com wrote:
> On dejanews.members.ent.videocube.burned-fur,
> Clint Forrester wrote WRT the Burned Fur "Kooks" page:
> > Like I said, the page's purpose is not to annoy Xydexx. It's to inform
> > others so they'll know what to expect if they run across him. But if anyone
> > thinks the page isn't serving its intended purpose, let me know. Of course,
> > if I ever run into him at a con, I'll put his fucking head through a wall.
>
> Mr. Forrester:
>
> It has been very educational talking to you this past week.

> I will reiterate my long-standing belief that scapegoating and infighting have

> never been necessary, nor successful, in improving furry fandom's image.

Your recent behavior in alt.fan.furry has done nothing to support that
belief. The only reason I began posting to a.f.f was to fight the allegations
that were being made against this discussion forum. As a result, others,
including yourself, tried to mock my words and make me an object of ridicule.

In the end, when you could no longer stand the infighting, instead of
admitting that you had a role in its instigation, you chose to accuse me of
being the only one to blame for disrupting alt.fan.furry.

Had I known then that no one in a.f.f would be interested in hearing my side
of the story, I wouldn't have bothered to post anything there in the first
place.

Despite that fact, I'm glad you've finally come to understand that this is,
and has always been, an open forum where no viewpoint is rejected.

Clint Forrester
vide...@mindspring.com

nogi...@yahoo.com

Dec 7, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/7/98
xyd...@my-dejanews.com wrote:

> I will reiterate my long-standing belief that scapegoating and infighting have
> never been necessary, nor successful, in improving furry fandom's image.
>
> The sooner the Burned Fur movement learns to accept that, the sooner you will
> be able to start directing their efforts towards a more productive goal, like
> helping make this a fandom everyone can enjoy.

I am curious, Xydexx, about how you view the furry fandom. What do you think
of the fandom's current state, and do you think that there are any areas that
are in dire need of extensive damage control? There are many people who
don't want furrydom to be turned into a carnival sideshow. Everyone cannot
enjoy a fandom if it is turned into a den of iniquities, after all.

What drives you to be so vocal, Xydexx?

B.T. McCammon
nogi...@yahoo.com