Count Me Out

Dell

Jan 14, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/14/99
This is nothing of major importance.

But just to let everyone know, I won't be taking sides or getting involved
in this Burned Fur/Non-Burned Fur debate that's going on. I've sat down and
thought about it good and hard.

It hurt.

But I also realized that there are more important things going on in the
world and my life than what the way we draw our furry pictures, write
stories, or what kind of lifestyle someone leads. But then that's just me.

Dar Thornton

Jan 14, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/14/99

Dell wrote in message ...

I agree. I got a life to live. I have friends on both sides of the debate,
and I can think of more noble causes worth getting an ulcer or having a
stroke over.

I'm not a lifestyler. I'm neither a zoophile nor a plushophile. I feel
more burned-out than Burned or Non-Aligned. Though I have my opinions about
certain aspects of the fandom, I hold no grudges against anyone, regardless
what your beliefs or particulars are. Heck, some people out there don't
like me because I'm black, straight, a Christian, a meat-eater, a registered
Democrat, and a card-carrying union member, but I'm not bellyaching about
it. I'm too busy trying to earn a living and be a good human being.

I'm leaving for Further Confusion tomorrow, and doggone it, I intend to have
a good time--and be reminded of the reason why I got involved in this
fandom: _I_Like_Anthropomorphics_. I intend to be civil, show common
courtesy and treat others the way I want to be treated.

Whatever your persuasions are, if you want to make the fandom more enjoyable
for all, start with a good look in the mirror. I did. All this infighting
has done nothing but make the feud between the Hatfields and the McCoys look
like a love feast. Instead of beating the hell out of each other all the
time, try finding some common ground for a change. It doesn't mean pushing
one's views down another's throat or re-enacting the Spanish Inquisition,
either.

Dar Thornton
http://www.jps.net/dthorn10

Jim Doolittle

Jan 14, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/14/99
In article <77kar9$kc8$1...@raccoon.fur.com>, "Dar Thornton"
<dtho...@NOSPAM.jps.net> wrote:

> I'm leaving for Further Confusion tomorrow, and doggone it, I intend to have
> a good time--and be reminded of the reason why I got involved in this
> fandom: _I_Like_Anthropomorphics_. I intend to be civil, show common
> courtesy and treat others the way I want to be treated.

Whoo! Hope you have fun at the con!

> Whatever your persuasions are, if you want to make the fandom more enjoyable
> for all, start with a good look in the mirror. I did. All this infighting
> has done nothing but make the feud between the Hatfields and the McCoys look
> like a love feast. Instead of beating the hell out of each other all the
> time, try finding some common ground for a change. It doesn't mean pushing
> one's views down another's throat or re-enacting the Spanish Inquisition,
> either.

*pat on the back* Way to put it!

-Jim, Aureth on FM

| Jim Doolittle Fuzzy Logic E-Zine |
| dool...@uiuc.edu http://fuzzylogic.betterbox.net |

David Formosa (aka ? the Platypus)

Jan 14, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/14/99
In article <T_en2.725$mv6.1...@news3.mia>, Dell wrote:

[...]

>But I also realized that there are more important things going on in the
>world and my life than what the way we draw our furry pictures, write
>stories, or what kind of lifestyle someone leads. But then that's just me.

If you don't mind I'm going to hyjack your post. While for you it
might not be a big issue, I think for outhers its not. For meany
outhers this debate goes (I beleave) beond furryness and to "How you
should live your life?"

http://www.zeta.org.au/~dformosa/Spelling.html to find out more.
How to win arguments on usenet http://www.zeta.org.au/~dformosa/usenet.html

Cardinal Fang

Jan 14, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/14/99
> In article <77kar9$kc8$1...@raccoon.fur.com>, "Dar Thornton"
> <dtho...@NOSPAM.jps.net> wrote:

> . It doesn't mean pushing
> > one's views down another's throat or re-enacting the Spanish Inquisition,
> > either.

*NOOOOOOBODY EXPECTS THE SPANISH INQUISITION!*...

(okay, it's really just Hangdog and his involuntary Pythonization reflex...;o)

Sun-stone

Jan 14, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/14/99
David Formosa (aka ? the Platypus) wrote:

> If you don't mind I'm going to hyjack your post. While for you it
> might not be a big issue, I think for outhers its not.

Maybe it really shouldn't be. o_O

Two critical mistakes people make (not just here):

1) Feeling that everything others do and say must be personally
acceptable to them;
2) Feeling that everything they do and say must be personally acceptable
to everyone else.

Face it, neither one is going to happen. It's just life. Those arguments
are only a good source of stress. Just develop a core source of ethics
and stick with it. Be confident. Have fun. Eat chocolate.

Cheers;
J. J.

Dell

Jan 15, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/15/99

David Formosa (aka ? the Platypus) wrote in message ...

>If you don't mind I'm going to hyjack your post.

It's cool, go ahead.

>While for you it might not be a big issue, I think for outhers its not.

Hmm, good point. Probably explains why we now have "Burned Furs" and
"Nonaligned Furs" and . . . that's all I know of right now. Perhaps my only
(only?) crime was not taking the fandom seriously enough to say which side
I'm on. I'm still neutral on the matter BTW.

>For meany outhers this debate goes (I beleave) beond furryness and to "How
you
>should live your life?"

I'm glad you brought that up, because that's where I think differently. I
strongly believe that no one has the right to tell me how to live my life
any more than I have a right to tell someone else how to live theirs. If a
person has a lifestyle or belief that I disagree with, or to a larger extent
find offensive, pervesive . . . or just plain sick, then I would choose not
to associate myself with that person. Even if that person is a good friend,
just because they think it's right doesn't mean I have to, and vice versa.
Yes, I could get up on a soap box and preach the gospel about the "evils of
zoophilia/plushiphilia" and the like, but the possibility of that person
actually taking everything I say to heart and deciding that
"Hey. . . you're right, Dell! I don't know what the hell I was thinking!
Wow, I'm sure am glad you came along and set me straight." is extremely
remote, at best.

Besides, when that day comes when we stand in front of St. Peter (if my
biblical knowledge serves me correctly, which sometimes it doesn't, so don't
quote me on this), the only life we'll be held accountable for is our own,
not the life of that zoophile or plushiphile. So I think that how someone
else tells me how to live my life is meaningless in the long run, because
they're gonna be judged in the same manner that I'll be, not just how they
performed in the fandom, but in every
aspect of their life.

But like I said before, that's just me.

Now, I wonder how long it'll be before someone attaches another post to this
one telling me that I'm dead wrong and for what reason.

-Dell

David Formosa

Jan 15, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/15/99
In article <Qzwn2.134$_i6.1...@news2.mia>, Dell wrote:

>David Formosa (aka ? the Platypus) wrote in message ...
>>If you don't mind I'm going to hyjack your post.
>
>It's cool, go ahead.

Yay! (Dons sky mask and BIG GUN) Fly this post to hawii and no one gets hurt.

[...]

> Perhaps my only
>(only?) crime was not taking the fandom seriously enough to say which side
>I'm on.

Not at all, some people will simply be uninterested in this arguement
and consider it unimportent ect, which is fine because contry to the
beleafs of both sides no matter what happens hear the world will most
likely be the same.

But suttely there has been a shift, a prograssive one. When this[1]
started it was bi's in the fandom who where creating all the problems,
BF reject who harterly the concept of homophoba[2]. When this started
spooge was blamed for the evils of the world, now spooge is considered
outside BF remit.

Given one or two more generations I expect BF's stance to have
migrated to one of tolorence but distence, I.E. "We are not like you,
we don't wish to be like you, we don't wish outhers to think that we
are like you, but there is nothing wrong with you.". Such a point I
could agrry with and I might even join such a group.

> I'm still neutral on the matter BTW.

Thats fine.

>>For meany outhers this debate goes (I beleave) beond furryness and to "How
>>you should live your life?"
>
>I'm glad you brought that up, because that's where I think differently. I
>strongly believe that no one has the right to tell me how to live my life
>any more than I have a right to tell someone else how to live theirs.

A point of view that I happen to aggry with. The difficalty is when
people start effecting outhers. Now our BF claim that buy there very
presence Plushifies, Zoophiles and Lifestylers in the fandom dammige
them.

I don't beleave this is true and in addtion I beleave tghat even if it
was true it is as much the resoncibility of the people who do this to
us as the PZL.

[1] By this I mean the age old furry arguement that never ever ends.

[2] As that should

lonely...@newwave.net

Jan 15, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/15/99

"Dell" <de...@bellsouth.net> wrote:
> This is nothing of major importance.
>
> But just to let everyone know, I won't be taking sides or getting involved
> in this Burned Fur/Non-Burned Fur debate that's going on. I've sat down and
> thought about it good and hard.
>
> It hurt.
>
> But I also realized that there are more important things going on in the
> world and my life than what the way we draw our furry pictures, write
> stories, or what kind of lifestyle someone leads. But then that's just me.

You are free to try to be as neutral as possible, but keep in mind these
things. 1)No man is an island. 2)Silence is acceptance. 3)Switzerland had a
nice philosophy about neutrality. It also makes a nice cheese. But both are
full of holes. 4)And the only thing a fence-sitter got for his troubles was a
sore crotch. Ben Bruin

lonely...@newwave.net

Jan 15, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/15/99
"Dell" <de...@bellsouth.net> wrote:
> This is nothing of major importance.
>
> But just to let everyone know, I won't be taking sides or getting involved
> in this Burned Fur/Non-Burned Fur debate that's going on. I've sat down and
> thought about it good and hard.
>
> It hurt.
>
> But I also realized that there are more important things going on in the
> world and my life than what the way we draw our furry pictures, write
> stories, or what kind of lifestyle someone leads. But then that's just me.

'Live and let live." It's a good policy. Unfortunately it doesn't always
work. The reason that Burned Furs are kicking up so much sand is very simple:
the activities of the 'lifestylers' and the bestialists and the plushophiles
AREN'T JUST AFFECTING THEM. Their activities are getting ALL anthro fans
tarred with the brush that was meant solely for them. Read over some of the
stories the Burned Furs have to tell... nearly every Burned Fur has a "You're
just another Skunk ****er" story to tell. We've had our names smeared, we've
lost friends, career opportunities, and social standing...there are teenage
Burned Furs who lost their computers because their parents found out about
the fandom and freaked..... all for sins we never committed. All because of
people who want to have sex with house pets or masturbate with children's
toys--- and who brag about it publicly. All because of people who parade like
circus freaks in front of the news cameras, blabbering about their 'mystical
animal spirit guide' and about how hard it was to get a leather thong that
coordinated with their leopard stretch pants. They use the furry fandom as a
forum, as a jumpoff point for their efforts to gain public acceptance for
their outrageous behavior and disgusting practices....and trampling over us
in the process. And they get away with it. WHY? Because for years the fandom
was Politically Correct, and refused to draw the line anywhere. THAT'S why
Burned Furs are so ticked off. So, Can't We All Just Get Along? NO. Ben Bruin

Florian

Jan 15, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/15/99
lonely...@newwave.net wrote:

> In article <T_en2.725$mv6.1...@news3.mia>,
> "Dell" <de...@bellsouth.net> wrote:
> > This is nothing of major importance.
> >
> > But just to let everyone know, I won't be taking sides or getting involved
> > in this Burned Fur/Non-Burned Fur debate that's going on. I've sat down and
> > thought about it good and hard.
> >
> > It hurt.
> >
> > But I also realized that there are more important things going on in the
> > world and my life than what the way we draw our furry pictures, write
> > stories, or what kind of lifestyle someone leads. But then that's just me.
> >

> You are free to try to be as neutral as possible, but keep in mind these
> things. 1)No man is an island. 2)Silence is acceptance. 3)Switzerland had a
> nice philosophy about neutrality. It also makes a nice cheese. But both are
> full of holes. 4)And the only thing a fence-sitter got for his troubles was a
> sore crotch. Ben Bruin

You forgot one: Talking like an idiot makes you look like one.

Kyle Webb

Jan 15, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/15/99
lonely...@newwave.net wrote:

(rant snipped)

Good old Ben. Give him 5 minutes with a keyboard and he quickly undoes
all the PR work that Hangdog and GothTiger did over the past few days.
I was starting to really enjoy the discussions especially with
Hangdog.

Kyle L. Webb
Hartree Fox on yiffnet

StukaFox

Jan 15, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/15/99
Kyle Webb <hart...@concentric.net> wrote:

: Good old Ben. Give him 5 minutes with a keyboard and he quickly undoes

: all the PR work that Hangdog and GothTiger did over the past few days.

10 ROHOAFF Rule #6 noted.

: I was starting to really enjoy the discussions especially with
: Hangdog.

WTF does one have to do with the other, other than your attempt
to put down a poster with an opinion you don't like?

Posts like this were the reason I wrote 10ROHOAFF in the first place.

Honestly, do the Apologists so badly lack legimate counterpoints
that flame is all they can offer?

StukaFox
--

GREAT EMPTY THREATS OF THE USENET #109:

"When I'm finished in nanau, I'm gonna pay the newsgroups you frequent
a visit. You aren't going to like it."

Tim "Wanky the Wanker" Thorn
specia...@hell-flame-wars.org

GothTiger

Jan 15, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/15/99

Florian wrote:

> > You are free to try to be as neutral as possible, but keep in mind these
> > things. 1)No man is an island. 2)Silence is acceptance. 3)Switzerland had a
> > nice philosophy about neutrality. It also makes a nice cheese. But both are
> > full of holes. 4)And the only thing a fence-sitter got for his troubles was a
> > sore crotch. Ben Bruin
>
> You forgot one: Talking like an idiot makes you look like one.

Well, it seems YOU forgot one as well: One line responses to extended posts make you
look like an idiot.

GothTiger (tig...@execpc.com)
((Who realizes this makes him look like an idiot, but then he already knew that))

--
邢 唷��

Kyle Webb

Jan 15, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/15/99
StukaFox wrote:
> Posts like this were the reason I wrote 10ROHOAFF in the first place.

And I commend you for it. It's had more effect in annoying anyone
outside the BFs with the quoting followed by coded rules than anything
Xydexx could have done. As a way to alienate, it's capital.

> Honestly, do the Apologists so badly lack legimate counterpoints
> that flame is all they can offer?

Do you so badly lack legitimate counterpoints that you can only label
anyone who doesn't fully agree with you on everything as an
"Apologist"?
Stuka, you and Ben will likely in the next few days with Hangdog on
vacation do more to set back the toning down of outrageous behavior at
cons than anything your opponents could do.
Now when someone established and known in the fandom starts trying to
reign in the yahoos, they've got to worry about being tarred with the
brush of being in league with Burned Fur, and the fallout from it.
Gee. Thanks a lot...
Take a look at my posts in the past on AFF. I've always been one
calling for people to behave at cons and put forward a good image. I
work security at a con as well, so I've got another reason to want
behavior kept in limits. So far, from what I've seen, the BFs have on
the whole NOT helped that. You've just created a rift that I worry
will cause more animosity, and thus more problems for security at
cons.
The BFs had some good ideas but then politically bungled it. You let
yourselves get mesmerized by the 1960s radical notion that effective
politics is always best done by confrontational means, and you failed
to understand the political climate and outside events that allowed it
to work somewhat at that time. You also fail to understand why it's
unlikely to work here. Now, whenever you try to do outreach to the
fandom as a whole, you'll have the albatross of the flame wars and
vitrol on usenet to dispel before you can sell your message. I see the
energy of the Burned Furs becoming 'What might have been" rather than
something that could have been a good thing.
All I've really seen you accomplish is to tick off some of the most
reasonable people I know in the fandom. When you start to get under
the skin of Allen Kitchen, Jim Doolittle, and such, I've gotta ask
what good you've done other than raise a flame war that you kinda
enjoy.

You've been a flamer here for a long time, Stuka. I doubt you'll
change tactics anytime soon.
Ben is a different sort. He strongly believes what he says, though I
disagree with him on this area. I've talked to him on IRC a few times,
and outside of this area I agree with him a good bit. Regardless of
his opinions, he's someone I can respect. He also has a think enough
skin to "take it", and give his own back. I just think his tactics
will on the whole not get the results he wants.
You on the other hand were busy helping nearly drive Tygger offline
when I got to this newsgroup, and you've been a negative influence in
the group on the whole for long before Burned Fur started.

Victry "Vixy" Hyzenthlay

Jan 15, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/15/99

lonely...@newwave.net wrote in message <77nkjn$9nk$1...@nnrp1.dejanews.com>...

>You are free to try to be as neutral as possible, but keep in mind these
>things. 1)No man is an island. 2)Silence is acceptance. 3)Switzerland had a
>nice philosophy about neutrality. It also makes a nice cheese. But both are
>full of holes. 4)And the only thing a fence-sitter got for his troubles was a
>sore crotch. Ben Bruin

All of those right out of the mouth of the BlumReich brigade. Each of
those responses have been thought over and rehersed on the Burned Freak
newsgroup save the ones that are already cliche'd to death. No man is an
island? I don't see anyone being neutral *alone*. There are LOT of neutral
furs doing it together. Kinda breaks that ideal. Silence is acceptance? Good
goddess... that's an OPINION and a very SIMPLE one. Silence ACTUALLY means no
one is talking about it. Get a clue. Number three is so silly it won't count
for coment and number four is yet another 'rehersed' bit of burned fur blather.
If you BFs are going to toss out little catchy phrases, try tossing in some
wisdom.
---
=========+=========+=========+=========+=========+=========+=========
Victry 'love long and perspire; Vixy' Hyzenthlay
Technofox and personal Vixen. "YIP!"
Furry Fan WITH a Furry Lifestyle and PURRfectly content! :>
_____________________
/ \
| Vivacious Vixen II | _
)""""\___ |- - - - - - - - - - - -| |_\____
)----| |\-| Home of Techno Tails |-/| | |\
)____|___|=============================| """|_)
`----' \|http://members.xoom.com/Vixy |/"""""
"""|"""""""/"""""\"""""""|"""
Victry{nospam}@- `=++++=" "=++++=' -@{remove}juno;com
FCF/Wc3admrwA>++C->+Dm+H-M++++P++R+T+++W+>+++Z++Sf++RLE$acn++d++e++f++h+iwf+j*-
p+sf++
Please post any response to this newsgroup. Thanks.

GothTiger

Jan 15, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/15/99

Kyle Webb wrote:

> lonely...@newwave.net wrote:
>
> (rant snipped)

> Good old Ben. Give him 5 minutes with a keyboard and he quickly undoes
> all the PR work that Hangdog and GothTiger did over the past few days.

> I was starting to really enjoy the discussions especially with
> Hangdog.

Well then you can hold me responsible for Ben ranting. He originally
posted that to the BF forum on Dejanews. I suggested that he post it here.
Stories like this need to be heard. As someone has pointed out earlier, if
you ask any BF they will inevitably have a story about how their
professional of personal life have been battered by their relationship
with the current fandom and it's reputation.

How many times are stories like this going to have to be posted before it
starts sinking in? It's not a matter of what WE think the fandom is. It's
what THEY (the non fandom public) think the fandom is. And what they think
the fandom is is what we show them. And what we've been showing them aint
pretty.

GothTiger (tig...@execpc.com)
((Who realizes this undoes more PR work, but it had to be said))

Kyle Webb

Jan 15, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/15/99
GothTiger wrote:

> Well then you can hold me responsible for Ben ranting. He originally
> posted that to the BF forum on Dejanews. I suggested that he post it here.

Not this one, Gothtiger. This was his reply to another thread, where
Dell said he was sick of it and not taking sides. Ben didn't think
that was appropriate. The one you're talking about is under Now I'm
P.O.d.

> GothTiger (tig...@execpc.com)
> ((Who realizes this undoes more PR work, but it had to be said))

Nope. I don't see how that undoes anything. What's wrong with posting
the story? Nothing. What hurts your cause is the tone and style that
some of the BFs take.

Kyle L. Webb

Jan 15, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/15/99
StukaFox wrote:

> Kyle Webb <hart...@concentric.net> wrote:

> I like your wholly laughable and hysterical claim that I'm going
> to cause problems for security at cons. Why don't you just make
> up shit whole-cloth like Tim "Skidmark" Brown does? Call me a
> Scientologist or a Nazi or something. Either came has the same
> validity as your claim.

I didn't say you would cause trouble, Stuka. But increasing tension to
the point you have can. I'm not really worried about the BFs causing
trouble neccesarily, but the anger that has been raised on both sides
sets up a chance for it getting out of hand when lubricated by a little
alcohol for example.
Why would I call you what you suggest? That's playing the game you have
been playing for so long Stuka. Rant rather than post real thoughts. A
Scientologist? Hardly. You're not that much of a bot. A Nazi? Get real.
A flamer with that as his main agenda? Quite possibly.

> : You on the other hand were busy helping nearly drive Tygger offline
>
> 10ROHOAFF Rule #9a fully noted.

Doesn't change the truth of it Stuka. Live with your past.

Further repetitive accusations of playing one off against the other
(translation, agreeing on some things with some people but not Stuka.)
and coded rules. snipped:

> How come you can only flame and name-call?

Given the nature of your last post, that one's really laughable, Stuka.
:)
Pot, Kettle, Black.

> Where is your vitrioil for people who aren't making critical
> posts?

Gee, when people make posts that are reasoned rather than rants, I tend
to post reason back. Try it. It works wonders. ;)

BTW, go back and read my post on: "It's their fault! *point*".

> Isn't there some song with the line "You better wake up and start
> smelling your own rank hyprocrisy, Jack?"

Good advice for all to look in a mirror. Sadly, you show few signs of
doing it. You seem to just enjoy the flames.

Kyle L. Webb
hartree Fox on yiffnet

StukaFox

Jan 16, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/16/99

: StukaFox wrote:
:> Posts like this were the reason I wrote 10ROHOAFF in the first place.

: And I commend you for it. It's had more effect in annoying anyone
: outside the BFs with the quoting followed by coded rules than anything
: Xydexx could have done. As a way to alienate, it's capital.

10ROHOAFF Rule #6 noted.

: Stuka, you and Ben will likely in the next few days with Hangdog on

: vacation do more to set back the toning down of outrageous behavior at
: cons than anything your opponents could do.

I like how you keep trying to play people off one another.

: Now when someone established and known in the fandom starts trying to

: reign in the yahoos, they've got to worry about being tarred with the
: brush of being in league with Burned Fur, and the fallout from it.
: Gee. Thanks a lot...

I like how you keep trying to play people off one another.

: Take a look at my posts in the past on AFF. I've always been one

: calling for people to behave at cons and put forward a good image. I
: work security at a con as well, so I've got another reason to want
: behavior kept in limits. So far, from what I've seen, the BFs have on
: the whole NOT helped that. You've just created a rift that I worry

: will cause more animosity, and thus more problems for security at
: cons.

I like your self-aggrandization and your further attempt to play
people off each other.

[...]

10ROHOAFF Rule #7b noted.

: All I've really seen you accomplish is to tick off some of the most

: reasonable people I know in the fandom. When you start to get under
: the skin of Allen Kitchen, Jim Doolittle, and such, I've gotta ask
: what good you've done other than raise a flame war that you kinda
: enjoy.

10ROHOAFF rules #3, 4a, 5 and 6 noted.

I like your attempt to play people off one another.

: You've been a flamer here for a long time, Stuka. I doubt you'll
: change tactics anytime soon.

10ROHOAFF rule #1a noted (replace troll with flamer)

: Ben is a different sort. He strongly believes what he says, though I

: disagree with him on this area. I've talked to him on IRC a few times,
: and outside of this area I agree with him a good bit. Regardless of
: his opinions, he's someone I can respect. He also has a think enough
: skin to "take it", and give his own back. I just think his tactics
: will on the whole not get the results he wants.

I like your attempt to play people off one another.

: You on the other hand were busy helping nearly drive Tygger offline

10ROHOAFF Rule #9a fully noted.

: when I got to this newsgroup, and you've been a negative influence in

: the group on the whole for long before Burned Fur started.

10 ROHOAFF Rule #6 noted.

: Hartree Fox on yiffnet

How come you can only flame and name-call?

Where is your vitrioil for people who aren't making critical
posts?

Isn't there some song with the line "You better wake up and start

smelling your own rank hyprocrisy, Jack?"

Good advice for you.

Richard de Wylfin

Jan 16, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/16/99
In article <T_en2.725$mv6.1...@news3.mia>, "Dell" <de...@bellsouth.net> wrote:

> This is nothing of major importance.
>
> But just to let everyone know, I won't be taking sides or getting involved
> in this Burned Fur/Non-Burned Fur debate that's going on. I've sat down and
> thought about it good and hard.
>
> It hurt.
>
> But I also realized that there are more important things going on in the
> world and my life than what the way we draw our furry pictures, write
> stories, or what kind of lifestyle someone leads. But then that's just me.

Me too. Z%7+")

Time for Tubby bye-bye! Time for Tubby bye-bye!

Good night everyone. Sweet dreams.

^ ^ Posted from an original 128k Macintosh upgraded to a Mac Plus,
o-o with 4 megs of RAM.
+

Dr. Cat

Jan 17, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/17/99
StukaFox (stuk...@shell9.ba.best.com) wrote:
: How come you can only flame and name-call?

: Isn't there some song with the line "You better wake up and start

: smelling your own rank hyprocrisy, Jack?"

I would note here which 10ROHOAFF rules Stukie-snookums-foxie-woxie just
broke here. Except then that would show him to be a hypocrite calling
another hypocrite a hypocrite, which is, like, very ironic.

Actually then it'd probably be clearly revealed to be some kind of
hypocrite mating ritual.

And then they would probably start kissing and groping each other, right
here on the newsgroup, in front of everybody even.

And I don't think any of us want that. So I won't list which 1HORSFLUFF
rules it was he broke. Hey, he didn't break any of 'em. *wink wink*

*-------------------------------------------**-----------------------------*
Dr. Cat / Dragon's Eye Productions || Free alpha test:
*-------------------------------------------** http://www.bga.com/furcadia
Furcadia - a new graphic mud for PCs! || Let your imagination soar!
*-------------------------------------------**-----------------------------*

(Disclaimer: Besides, like every other non-Stukafox reader of a.f.f. I
didn't memorize 1OTTERLAFF when he posted it so I have no clue which rule
numbers he broke anyway. Ask him, maybe he will honestly list and
summarize which of his own rules he just broke. (Or maybe he won't!))

Dr. Cat

Jan 18, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/18/99
Dell (de...@bellsouth.net) wrote:
: Now, I wonder how long it'll be before someone attaches another post to this

: one telling me that I'm dead wrong and for what reason.

: -Dell

Well it looks like all the usual flamers and arguers may have
accidentally overlooked you, so the job falls to me. Sorry
for the delay.

Actually on careful analysis with a plastic magnifying glass and
a secret decoder ring, both obtained from Crackerjack boxes, it
appears that nothing you said in your post was incorrect at all.
The only reason that you're wrong is because you forgot to wear
your llama-fur cap while typing, and press your left elbow against
your big toes while hitting the button to post it. It's in the fandom
FAQ, the "we need to fix the fandom" FAQ, the "no it's kinda ok now"
FAQ, and that thing StukaFox wrote. You gotta check these rules.

You were SO close. Please try again. Better luck next time.

*-------------------------------------------**-----------------------------*
Dr. Cat / Dragon's Eye Productions || Free alpha test:
*-------------------------------------------** http://www.bga.com/furcadia
Furcadia - a new graphic mud for PCs! || Let your imagination soar!
*-------------------------------------------**-----------------------------*

(Disclaimer: We do NOT condone slaughtering llamas for clothing in the
furry fandom. No, we SHAVE the llamas to get that stuff for our official
Usenet posting caps! So there!)

J.M.L.

Jan 22, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/22/99
lonely...@newwave.net wrote:
[...]

You know what, that was pretty good. See? You can enjoy lucid
moments.

--
http://www.play.com -- Bride of the son of the curse of the Video Toaster.