A question from a semi-newbie fox-wolf

1 view

G. Raymond Eddy

Aug 5, 1997, 3:00:00 AM8/5/97

> what on earth does the -CK on MUCK stand for (as well as the -SH on
MUSH)?

MUCK = Multi-User Created Kingdom
MUSH = Multi-User Shared Hallucination

--

___________ G. Raymond Eddy gre...@bright.net
(_ _ _ 748 N. Lisbon St.

Dirus

Aug 5, 1997, 3:00:00 AM8/5/97

H'llo furfen...

The question's been tormenting me for quite some time... and I just can't
find out the answer to it yet. And, of all the FAQs I've read (maybe I
just haven't been reading the right ones), I still can't find the answer.

what on earth does the -CK on MUCK stand for (as well as the -SH on MUSH)?

Any posts or replies would be appreciated, serious or not.

Dirus - a more-of-a-newbie-than-he-thought fox/wolf
di...@geocities.com
dirus@FM
http://www.geocities.com/RainForest/Vines/2045/

Sean Wilkinson

Aug 6, 1997, 3:00:00 AM8/6/97

G. Raymond Eddy <gre...@bright.net> wrote in article
<01bca1c9$d7aa6c60$LocalHost@greddy>...

> MUCK = Multi-User Created Kingdom

Which begs the question...who's the King/Queen? :)

--
-- Sean Wilkinson -- swilk...@mail.spaminator.techplus.com --
-- Web Art Archive: www.escape.ca/~eek/sw/ --

Micole The Ermine

Aug 7, 1997, 3:00:00 AM8/7/97

In article <01bca222$f906ee20$1db9c8cd@default>,

"Sean Wilkinson" <swilk...@spaminator.mail.techplus.com> wrote:
> G. Raymond Eddy <gre...@bright.net> wrote in article
> <01bca1c9$d7aa6c60$LocalHost@greddy>...
> > MUCK = Multi-User Created Kingdom
>
> Which begs the question...who's the King/Queen? :)

I dunno about that, but I do know who the _knave_ is...

Kill the LagBeast!

ermine
home email: Khr...@InOrbit.com

naros (robert grinwis)

Aug 9, 1997, 3:00:00 AM8/9/97

Dirus wrote in article <01bca16b$bdcafa20$330d...@sparky.denver.geoquest.s
lb.com>...

>H'llo furfen...
>
>The question's been tormenting me for quite some time... and I just can't
>find out the answer to it yet. And, of all the FAQs I've read (maybe I
>just haven't been reading the right ones), I still can't find the answer.
>
>what on earth does the -CK on MUCK stand for (as well as the -SH on
MUSH)?

the C K stands for the name the muck was made on (forgot the name...)
but MUSH i do know (i think) Multi User Shared Halucination
i hope thats help (and that its right...)

-naros - also a newbie who doesn't seem to be that new anymore fox

Charlie Luce

Aug 14, 1997, 3:00:00 AM8/14/97

In article <8709832...@dejanews.com>, jenn...@toysrus.com says...
>I was told that MUCK didn't stand for _anything_ but that it was a joke
>off the concept of 'mud' from MUDD.
>
>MUDD = Multi-User Dungeons and Dragons (or Dungeon Domain, your pick)
>MUSE = Multi-User Shared Environment
>MOO = MUDD Object Oriented (recursive but accurate)

For some reason when I read this post the translation

Micole,
Usually
Cheerful
Khromat

popped into my head. Now I'm probably going to have acronyms floating
around my semi-concious all day :)

(Then again, I once named a bad-guy-agency in a superhero RPG the
Monolithic, Omnipresent Oganization for Sheer Evil...)

Yealurowluro

Aug 17, 1997, 3:00:00 AM8/17/97

On <Aug 14 09:05>, luc...@REMOVE.TO.REPLY.eisner.decus.org (Charlie Luce)
wrote;

CL>(Then again, I once named a bad-guy-agency in a superhero RPG the
CL> Monolithic, Omnipresent Oganization for Sheer Evil...)

Was there, perchance an opposing good-guy agency called Superhero QUestIng
Researchers Removing Evil Lowlives?

(Yes, of course it's me. Kay dot shapero at salata dot com... :->)