WHAT IF: Your furry moved in?

Brent Eric Edwards

Jul 18, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/18/96

My first thought, if Chip_Unicorn walked into my life...

Oh... my... god... I've got Mister Ed.

My second worry would be where to stall him, and how the heck I'd feed
him.

Luckily for me, Chip's NOT designed to be either potentially destructive,
or terribly sexual, or... well, a number of things. He's friendly,
he's outgoing, and he's a little silly. Easy enough to get along with.
Just would eat me out of house and home.

OTOH, if my alternate character on Furrymuck (I won't name him here,
but many of you know him), were to show up at my door, I'd panic.
I don't think I'd be able to hide a perpetually bouncy 'toon,
intelligent, but with the attention span of a hummingbird.

-- Brent
--
Unsolicited commercial e-mail including surveys will be charged $100 for
proofreading services. Sending me such constitutes acceptance of this policy.

Joseph Francis Nebus

Jul 18, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/18/96

How badly would it mess up your life if your furry alter ego
(or whichever one you like, if you have many) were to suddenly walk
up to you one day and, most likely, demand to be fed?

Note that those of you with personal furries can't escape
this one; how would it disrupt you to suddenly be living with
someone who thinks remarkably like you, but gets to be the fur
you wish you were?

Furthermore, how would you handle the rest of the world?
If you have a non-anthro fur, it'd probably be possible to hide him,
her or other away, perhaps with an 'exotic pet licence' if you're
lucky enough to be in a region that will let you get away with it.
But you folks who have the alter egos who are 6 foot 4 inch
extraordinarly buxom vixens with skintight outfits and a scent that
attracts every person of the desired sex in the immediate time zone
would have a rougher time of it.

And there are other issues, like: which of you would do the
Mucking (if you do)? Would you let the rest of fandom in on the
secret, and how? What kind of reaction do you think you'd get?

IN a couple of days when I've had some sleep I'll share
some of my speculations about how it would mess up my own life.

Joseph Nebus

Mer'rark

Jul 21, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/21/96

Joseph Francis Nebus (neb...@rembrandt.its.rpi.edu) wrote:
: How badly would it mess up your life if your furry alter ego

: (or whichever one you like, if you have many) were to suddenly walk
: up to you one day and, most likely, demand to be fed?

: Note that those of you with personal furries can't escape
: this one; how would it disrupt you to suddenly be living with
: someone who thinks remarkably like you, but gets to be the fur
: you wish you were?

. . .

Well since we're pretending here I guess maybe we were in effect the
exact same person. Therefore it's reasonable to assume we might actually
be the same consciousness. So maybe with a little work we'd be able to
unify our thoughts and each become the other, and what not and so on.

That way one of us could stay at home while the other one went to work
and/or school. I could goof off AND still be a responsible person!
Wow!! You know, that sounds like it could be a good movie. :P

: IN a couple of days when I've had some sleep I'll share

: some of my speculations about how it would mess up my own life.

: Joseph Nebus
: ------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On a similar note, if one of you persons out there actually woke up
one day with that body of your dreams (whatever that is) would you ever
go to another furry party again?

Why don't I just go to sleep like normal people do....? =P

--
Mer'rark -- The original sapiant canine from the future and still yipping,
Amiga user for nine years and counting, member of FurryMUCK for

kw...@astro.phys.unm.edu

Jul 21, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/21/96

In article <4skqgg$o...@rembrandt.its.rpi.edu>,

Joseph Francis Nebus <neb...@rembrandt.its.rpi.edu> wrote:
> How badly would it mess up your life if your furry alter ego
>(or whichever one you like, if you have many) were to suddenly walk
>up to you one day and, most likely, demand to be fed?

Hmm. Hartree Fox shows up without much RL past (just his VR life), and
needs dinner.
Well, I'd definitely have to grab some extra chicken at the store.
I guess he'd get the hide a bed for a few days till we could work out
something. Maybe a bigger apartment. With all that fur, we'd have to get
a bigger bottle of shampoo, and I'd have to dig out my blow dryer.
Modifying clothes to fit a different body plan (tail hole at least) would
also be a hassle. (I wonder if he'd see the humor in borrowing my Wile E.
Coyote t-shirt?)
It'd strain the finances at first. Good thing I just got a raise.
Heaven help us if he got sick. There's not a whole lot of medical experience
in dealing with foxmorphs. He'd better have had all his shots. There's no
guarantee that vaccines and drugs intended for either canines or humans would
work, or that dosages would be similiar. When you're a unique creature, it's
hard to do double blind studies of safety and efficacy.
That might be a plus in some ways though. He might be different enough from
any extant species that few if any viruses would touch him. Bacterial and
other diseases are less specific, so those would be the most worrisome ones.

> Note that those of you with personal furries can't escape
>this one; how would it disrupt you to suddenly be living with
>someone who thinks remarkably like you, but gets to be the fur
>you wish you were?

It would cause disruption, but would be tolerable. As to getting to be the
fur I want to be, I'd consider it a heck of an opportunity. His genetic
structure (provided he was willing to let it be used, it's his after all)
would save vast amounts of time in the creation of RL furries, or the
modification of humans into furs. Considering he's just as much a scientist
as I am, he'd gladly help out, since it'd be the best route to finding an
intersted furry vixen.
On the down side, he might also try to make a play for my girlfriend, too.
And, dang it, he's cuddlier than I am with all that fox fur... (grin).
Dunno what she'd think.

> Furthermore, how would you handle the rest of the world?
>If you have a non-anthro fur, it'd probably be possible to hide him,
>her or other away, perhaps with an 'exotic pet licence' if you're
>lucky enough to be in a region that will let you get away with it.
>But you folks who have the alter egos who are 6 foot 4 inch
>extraordinarly buxom vixens with skintight outfits and a scent that
>attracts every person of the desired sex in the immediate time zone
>would have a rougher time of it.

With some difficulty.
However it would be the opportunity of all time to set precedents on the
legal rights of nonhuman sentients. Wonder how hard it would be to get
him a green card? He'd certainly have no trouble with the citizenship test
when the time came, since he speaks english, and knows political science
pretty well.
Once we got the paperwork hassles out of the way (and a whole bunch of TV
appearances, and seminars at bio research centers), since he has all the
knowledge I do, I guess he'd try to get into a physics grad school, and
get some sort of job to support himself. (Wonder how you'd go about
transfering credit from a VR school, to a RL one?) Of course, being the
only fox-morph around, he'd likely get his pick of colleges. The bio and
genetics departments would compete for giving him the best scholarship deal.
(You only have to show up at our lab for 2 hours a week, and we'll pay tuition
fees, a research stipend, and give you housing, etc, etc, and of course, you'll
get secondary author billing on all papers generated by this. Yes, you will
need to submit regular blood, tissue, and other samples when we need them).

> And there are other issues, like: which of you would do the
>Mucking (if you do)? Would you let the rest of fandom in on the
>secret, and how? What kind of reaction do you think you'd get?

Well, since I go by Hartree, on Yiffnet, and that's his (now RL) name, I guess
he could go on Yiffnet as a human named Kyle ;-).
We'd have to get a second phone line, and another computer system though.
No secrets here. The whole world would know.
As to the reaction. Some would think it was neat, and there would be some
loonies, who'd decide it was an invasion by space aliens, or some UN plot,
or the devil walking incarnate. But that happens with everything from RU-486
to Elvis, so it's nothing really new.

> IN a couple of days when I've had some sleep I'll share
>some of my speculations about how it would mess up my own life.

The wild thing would be, since we are so much alike in both virtues and vices,
that we would be sort of like twins. As time went by, we'd diverge from
different sets of experiences.
It'd be weird to tell the youngest ones in my family that they've got a new
uncle, who's covered with red fur, and has a tail.
And then there's the question of how he'd react to a mid thirties hooman,
who think's a lot like him, and a world where he's unique.

On the whole, my reaction is: "Hell yes! Let's do it!"

Kyle L. Webb Dept. of Physics + Astronomy
kw...@astro.phys.unm.edu University of New Mexico
Hartree Fox on Yiffnet #furry

Dennis Lee Bieber

Jul 21, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/21/96

In article <4skqgg$o...@rembrandt.its.rpi.edu> neb...@rembrandt.its.rpi.edu (Joseph Francis Nebus) writes:
> How badly would it mess up your life if your furry alter ego
> (or whichever one you like, if you have many) were to suddenly walk
> up to you one day and, most likely, demand to be fed?

<eep> My grocery bill! Hope it cooks better than I do.

> Note that those of you with personal furries can't escape
> this one; how would it disrupt you to suddenly be living with
> someone who thinks remarkably like you, but gets to be the fur
> you wish you were?

Oh boy... Narcissus Satisfied?

--
> ============================================================ <
> wulf...@netcom.com | Wulfraed Dennis Lee Bieber KD6MOG <
> D.Bi...@GEnie.com | FurryMUCK and FurToonia <
> ============================================================ <
> PGP key: Finger wulf...@netcom.com <
> Home Page: ftp://ftp.netcom.com/pub/wu/wulfraed/wulfraed.htm <

D. A. Graf

Jul 21, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/21/96

Joseph Francis Nebus <neb...@rembrandt.its.rpi.edu> wrote:
: How badly would it mess up your life if your furry alter ego

: (or whichever one you like, if you have many) were to suddenly walk
: up to you one day and, most likely, demand to be fed?

: Note that those of you with personal furries can't escape

: this one; how would it disrupt you to suddenly be living with
: someone who thinks remarkably like you, but gets to be the fur
: you wish you were?

*flicks an ear from the bleachers at this one, smirking a bit*

Well...the problem is this for me: my tiger persona that I wear in VR is
still ME, I'm just playing with VR and shaping my human body into a tiger
form outside cause I can (anything is possible in VR!). So...I'd be
looking at another version of myself, an exact duplicate in body, mind,
emotions.

Oy... Kelsey, my soon to be 6 year old, is enough like me that we butt
heads. Having an exact duplicate to add to the mix may or may not be a
bad thing. *chuckles*

Yes, I know, not exactly "normal" for a personal anthro persona. But as
it says in my scent message on FM and FT, I smell human tho in a tiger
form due to the fact I AM human.

: Furthermore, how would you handle the rest of the world?

: If you have a non-anthro fur, it'd probably be possible to hide him,
: her or other away, perhaps with an 'exotic pet licence' if you're
: lucky enough to be in a region that will let you get away with it.
: But you folks who have the alter egos who are 6 foot 4 inch
: extraordinarly buxom vixens with skintight outfits and a scent that
: attracts every person of the desired sex in the immediate time zone
: would have a rougher time of it.

Hm...two of me...long lost twin sister. Yeah...that'll do just fine.

: And there are other issues, like: which of you would do the

: Mucking (if you do)? Would you let the rest of fandom in on the
: secret, and how? What kind of reaction do you think you'd get?

*chuckles* Either could do mucking as it'll still be me either one. As
for the fandom, the twin sister story could work. Hey, get more artwork
done!

*giggles over this entire thing* Neat idea you tossed out here.

--Tygger

gr...@primenet.com http://www.av.qnet.com/~canuss/tygger

ftp://svansmoj.ctrl-c.liu.se/furry/images/artists/tygger
"Dammit, Chaney! That's so godsdamned CLICHE!!"

"Of course it is, Saraenae. How do you think it got to being a cliche?"

Sara complaining about the bad cliches regarding magic, Guardian Knight

James Charles Rau

Jul 21, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/21/96

neb...@rembrandt.its.rpi.edu (Joseph Francis Nebus) wrote:

> How badly would it mess up your life if your furry alter ego
>(or whichever one you like, if you have many) were to suddenly walk
>up to you one day and, most likely, demand to be fed?

> Note that those of you with personal furries can't escape
>this one; how would it disrupt you to suddenly be living with
>someone who thinks remarkably like you, but gets to be the fur
>you wish you were?

I don't think I'd mind having someone who thought like I do living
with me. However, would we also share the same emotional traits? That
would cause a conflict, since I can be such a moody bastard at times.
:-)

> Furthermore, how would you handle the rest of the world?
>If you have a non-anthro fur, it'd probably be possible to hide him,
>her or other away, perhaps with an 'exotic pet licence' if you're
>lucky enough to be in a region that will let you get away with it.
>But you folks who have the alter egos who are 6 foot 4 inch
>extraordinarly buxom vixens with skintight outfits and a scent that
>attracts every person of the desired sex in the immediate time zone
>would have a rougher time of it.

Considering my 'alter-ego' is a centaur, it would be very difficult to
hide something the size of a Clydesdale (but how people do love those
horses that pull the Budweiser wagon!). I think the novelty would wear
off after awhile, and my fur could go about in the general public
unmolested. Also, considering that someone might get a sharp hoof in
the face if they tried to hurt him might serve as a deterent. And of
course, I would kill anyone who tried to harm anyone I considered a
family member.

James

Pounce! (Nate Morse)

Jul 22, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/22/96

If Pounce moved in?

For a while we'd get along great, though I'd have to worry about the
local rednecks coming over to burn the mutant-alien-demon at the stake.

After a bit, I might get jealous, because he does much better socially
than I do, and doesn't try. (Neither of us know why, either...)

Then we'd get into a fight because Pounce is tidier than I am, and I'd
end up being turned into a cat. Then there'd be two furries in my
home.

--
Nate Morse, aka "Pounce" | /\_/\ | "Life is wasted on the
Pangean Reunification Front|_( ^.^ )_| living!"

Synicism

Jul 22, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/22/96

What if my Furry moved in with me. Hmm... considering how Farrell is, and
how I am, we'd probably hit it off real well... and then start fencing all
over my house. <g>

Of course, I don't want to think about how long it would take him to
shower in the morning. Fur must be HELL to dry out. <g>

Jim Lai
Syni...@aol.com
http://members.aol.com/synicism

Lenester Taxidean

Jul 22, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/22/96

In message <merrarkD...@netcom.com> - mer...@netcom.com
(Mer'rark)Sun, 21 Jul 1996 18:02:13 GMT writes:

> Why don't I just go to sleep like normal people do....? =P

"Normal?" Define normal. And while you're at it, what's this "sleep"
thing? Isn't that the all-natural caffeine substitute all those
health-nuts keep raving about? If you ask me, it's all so much hokum
and snake-oil. ;>

-
Lenester Taxidean | li...@asis.com | http://asis.com/~liefc/
-
TCotF 1.2
FMTs4amrsw/MRm3amw/MaOf3m A>++ C>+ D+ H+ M++++ P++ R+++ T+++ W*>+++ Z-
Sm+/f++/m
RLCT* a19 co+++ d+ e+ f+ h+ iwf++>+++ p+ sm

Lenester Taxidean

Jul 22, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/22/96

In message <4su9qh$j...@lynx.unm.edu> - kw...@astro.phys.unm.edu ()21

Jul 1996 22:09:21 GMT writes:

>who think's a lot like him, and a world where he's unique.

^^^^^^^
AAAAH! NOOOOOOOO! It's SPREADING! Everybody run, it's the Invasion of
the Incorrectly Placed Apostrophes! ;>

-
Lenester Taxidean | li...@asis.com | http://asis.com/~liefc/
-
TCotF 1.2
FMTs4amrsw/MRm3amw/MaOf3m A>++ C>+ D+ H+ M++++ P++ R+++ T+++ W*>+++ Z-
Sm+/f++/m
RLCT* a19 co+++ d+ e+ f+ h+ iwf++>+++ p+ sm

-

Dr. Cat

Jul 23, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/23/96

Joseph Francis Nebus (neb...@rembrandt.its.rpi.edu) wrote:
: How badly would it mess up your life if your furry alter ego
: (or whichever one you like, if you have many) were to suddenly walk
: up to you one day and, most likely, demand to be fed?

: Furthermore, how would you handle the rest of the world?
: If you have a non-anthro fur, it'd probably be possible to hide him,

: her or other away, perhaps with an 'exotic pet licence' if you're
: lucky enough to be in a region that will let you get away with it.

There wouldn't be any question of hiding. If there were exactly and
only one furry in the world, they would be able to become an easy
instant celebrity and make a LOT of money from their uniqueness in
any of a variety of ways. Being someone who thinks just like I do,
my "alter ego" would certainly want to exploit that opportunity just
as I would.

Having someone around just like me but furry wouldn't cause me any
jealousy or conflict, as we'd both have unique physical differences
and advantages to feel grateful for, as well as having something to
clearly differentiate each other when we're so alike mentally. And
with two of me around there'd be an extremely closely matched
opponent around for strategy games, and we could get work done faster
on software projects - except for all the time he'd be caught up in
the work of exploiting his celebrity status, of course. :X)

Dr. Cat / Dragon's Eye Productions ** Now available for Windows!
******************************************** ftp.eden.com pub/dspire
Dragonspires is a graphic mud for PCs. ** http://www.eden.com/~cat

Mark Freid

Jul 23, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/23/96

Hmmm. if my P.F. moved in, it would be a little odd, because I don't
roleplay him. He's me. just... in the body of a wolf. There's a very
small bit of background that fits him, but not me, so the biggest
problem would be us arguing over my stuff, my sister pulling his tail
and his really long showers.

-Mark

kw...@astro.phys.unm.edu

Jul 24, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/24/96

In article <4t0bat$p...@news.wco.com>, Lenester Taxidean <li...@asis.com> wrote:
>AAAAH! NOOOOOOOO! It's SPREADING! Everybody run, it's the Invasion of
>the Incorrectly Placed Apostrophes! ;>

Its not hard for my writing controller to get it's rules mixed up.

(evil grin).

Narwhal

Jul 24, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/24/96

Joseph Francis Nebus (neb...@rembrandt.its.rpi.edu) wrote:
: How badly would it mess up your life if your furry alter ego
: (or whichever one you like, if you have many) were to suddenly walk
: up to you one day and, most likely, demand to be fed?

(snip)

...I would, uh, call the cops and request a restraining order against
him. Yes.

~narwhal~

Charlie Luce

Jul 24, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/24/96

How about the the sterotype MUSHer with the cross-gender (or hermaphrodite)
sex-crazed impossibly-built VR furry?

(Knock at door)

MUSHer: I'll get it!

(Opens door, sees furry)

MUSHer: Wha...?

(Furry leaps onto MUSHer, starts tearing off MUSHer's clothes)

Furry: Yiff, *Yiff*, YIFF!

MUSHer: Hey, wait, what is this?

Furry: You want me, you know you do, and I want you too, so bad...

(MUSHer's SO, parents, sibling, roomate, cable guy, whatever enters)

New Person: Oh *****! What the **** is going on?

Furry (Looking up while attempting to excite MUSHer and self simultaneously):
Want to join us? The more the merrier!

MUSHer: Aaugh! I'm never eating cold pizza before going to sleep again! HELP!

Of course, no real MUSHer/Character are *really* this bad -- right? :-}

? the platypus {aka David Formosa}

Jul 24, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/24/96

neb...@rembrandt.its.rpi.edu (Joseph Francis Nebus) writes:

> How badly would it mess up your life if your furry alter ego
>(or whichever one you like, if you have many) were to suddenly walk
>up to you one day and, most likely, demand to be fed?

I have two furry alter ego's so depending on wich one walks in there is
going to have a diffrence.

If my ? the Platapus persona walked in, after getting over the shock I
would wisk him off to the local pond and vist him reguly.

OTOH if Amander walked in I would dive for cover. Amander is where I
have put all my violent frustration, my petty irrations ect. She is
extreemy aggresive so it would be like trying to keep a small atomic bomb
hidden.

[...]

> Furthermore, how would you handle the rest of the world?

? The Platapus would be easy to hide, noternal lives underground no-one
would knotis.

However with Amander I would distract all thouse poilce investergations
of strange murders involving what seems to be a gaint marsupal mouse.

--
Please excuse my spelling as I am agraphic. dfor...@st.nepean.uws.edu.au
Never trust a country with more peaple then sheep. Its Lucky to be Ducky

bob...@phish.nether.net

Jul 25, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/25/96

Well.. let's see.. Bobcat can become lapcat-sized, so I'd be able to pass
him off as an ordinary housecat. Little odd-looking, maybe, what with his
cheek and ear tufts, and a big fluffy tail, but still...

Garth Gilmore

Jul 25, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/25/96

My furry moving in? The primary fella alone wouldn't fit through my door.
I mean, he IS a 15.5-foot-tall, 3750lb cuddly godlike immortal werewolf. With
the emphasis on height and weight, of course. :)
And it'd be almost like Bruce Banner and the new Hulk- he's me, just a
little more skewed. <rumble> Hey, don't growl at me! Here, go make yourself
some soup. <hands him can of chicken noodle soup> <werewolf wanders off to
find
cooking pot>
That's the nice thing about him. He's very easy tp please!

-Twopaw Tarnsilv

-Eew! There's a human in my soup!

--
| Fidonet: Garth Gilmore 1:259/704
| Internet: Garth....@ng.gryn.org

Aris Merquoni

Jul 26, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/26/96

Wellllll... It depends on which one.
If any of my cat Personas moved in, I'd put up an extra bunk, and if my
freinds came by they'd see a very strangly colored cat with bright blue
eyes and a mohawk. What a conversation peice! All of them are stage hogs,
so neither Shadow nor WhiteShadow would be that hard to deal with.
Tigris, However, a tiger-striped cat with a black mohawk and a temper,
would probably mark the murder of a few nasty people(Barney the dino, all
the inner-city drug dealers, a few rapists), so I'd have to think up some
convincing stories to tell the police. The biggist problem though, would
be WhiteShadow's habit of gliding. She glides with either magic,
thrusters(Read Starseed, they've got ankle and wrist thrusters for zero G
manuvering), or her wings, and I don't think that it'd go unnoticed by
the athorities[sp?] or the press.

Of course if Aris moved in...I'd have a problem. Galactic dragons ARE 150
feet tall, and even though she could size-change, she can't stay that way
forever. Plus she likes raw red meat...
But Aris is charming, witty, and fun to be around, so I'd introduce her
to most of my freinds. Bt she would require an extention of the backyard.
Perhaps we could knock out the garden and my dad's workshop...
Well, there's my two cents on the subject...
--
()() / / / (%) ********************* ******
|_________/ \ //\ * Aris TGD * * () *
|| | \___________/
////
--Yak yak yak. Get a job! (click!)- Hackers
--"What do you want?" "Your blood, your soul, your mind and your body."
"What about my stamp collection? Do I get to keep the First Day Covers?"
-Merlin and Mask, Blood of Amber

Sennard

Jul 26, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/26/96

>neb...@rembrandt.its.rpi.edu (Joseph Francis Nebus) wrote:

>> How badly would it mess up your life if your furry alter ego
>>(or whichever one you like, if you have many) were to suddenly walk
>>up to you one day and, most likely, demand to be fed?

[Knock-knock]

"Oh, its you again... Sammiches? Oh, no! No sammiches
here..nearest thing to a sammich must be about 125 miles..uh.. THAT
way. [points north]"

[Closes the door, and locks it.]

"Whew--hey! Get out of my fridge! I was saving that cheese, and get
your nose out of the mayo jar!..."

I think we get the point. I will say no more.

AJD3

Jul 26, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/26/96

mer...@netcom.com (Mer'rark) wrote:

>Joseph Francis Nebus (neb...@rembrandt.its.rpi.edu) wrote:
>: How badly would it mess up your life if your furry alter ego
>: (or whichever one you like, if you have many) were to suddenly walk
>: up to you one day and, most likely, demand to be fed?

Unlike most peoples' whose furrie alter egos are mirror images of
their own peronalities, I tend to more explore my darksides, and
strange-sides with furrydom. So any furry who moved in wold be
antisocial, or just plain weird. Like brother-in-law you try so hard
to forget. We'd get along GREAT! :D

> On a similar note, if one of you persons out there actually woke up
>one day with that body of your dreams (whatever that is) would you ever
>go to another furry party again?

Maybe, maybe not! I hate combing the hair I allready have, imagine if
I had FUR! (Or if I were that Alligator Morph, Brushing my teerh? Oh
well, I guess flossig would be easy. But I'd be cold blooded, and
there's allready no heat in this dump... hmm....)

> Why don't I just go to sleep like normal people do....? =P

AJD3 - What is this "Normal?"

Paul Bennett

Jul 26, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/26/96

Well, it would make for some interesting disagreements over who
got to play with which radio today. Other than that and which one
of us was responsible for clogging the bathtub drain with hair/fur.

As for explaining it to the neighbors, well I could not use the
"pet" exlanation. R.F. is a sizeable bit over the fifteen pound
rule.

Paul

Mer'rark

Jul 27, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/27/96

AJD3 (aj...@zipnet.com) wrote:
: Unlike most peoples' whose furrie alter egos are mirror images of

: their own peronalities, I tend to more explore my darksides, and
: strange-sides with furrydom. So any furry who moved in wold be
: antisocial, or just plain weird. Like brother-in-law you try so hard
: to forget. We'd get along GREAT! :D

Well, let's see how I might react...

One of them would be surprising since it's essentially the way I am,
only different I guess. I could live with it.

Another one would be ver surprising since that one is just me and just
looks different. Might as well be a clone. :P :)

Yet another one would be way too energetic and bouncy for me to
handle. I'd shove her back into the inkwell right away. :)

And yet another one would be too magically inclined for my tastes.
And mess things up to boot.

And still another one would scare the bejeezus out of me. He'd
probably scare the pants of a lot of people just by walking around.
What, you've never seen The Terminator? :P :)

All the rest would be rather mundane, and at least one would be as
confused as I'd probably be.

Pretty scary, huh?

Herman Miller

Jul 28, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/28/96

I haven't answered this yet, since I wasn't really sure that I had a furry
alter ego. But I'm starting to realize that maybe I do, not a traditional
furry, but a butterfly-winged sprite, Thryomanes, related to a D&D character I
played (http://www.io.com/~hmiller/Thryomanes.jpg). I've been using the name
Thryomanes for the last couple years now; I might as well relate it to the
original bearer of the name. (Are butterfly wings and antennae furry enough?
Not quite? Well, I guess I'm not really much of a furry, then.)

If Thryo moved in, first I'd have to assume that magic really works, since
butterfly wings don't support 15-inch-tall sprites very well. That would
change a few things, but the changes would be of a limited nature, since his
magic in this world would be limited to minor extensions of his normal
abilities. It wouldn't be much of a problem hiding him (and he could escape
into the depths of a closet if necessary), and he wouldn't need much to eat.
I might have to hide some of my fairy drawings 8-)

No, on second thought, he probably wouldn't mind those. He'd want me to draw
more!

I'd have to take breaks from Usenet posting and keep him occupied so he
doesn't get into trouble. Sprites can be mischievous, but they enjoy working
out puzzles, and music is attractive to them. I imagine it would be somewhat
like having a raccoon in the apartment.

If I had to pick a real furry as my alter ego, I now think he'd be a raccoon
morph. I like squirrels and mice too, but maybe he's just a somewhat confused
'coon. But beings of the faerie/elvish kind seem to fit my alter ego better
than pure zoomorphs, and at least sprites have insect wings.

new fairy pictures -->> +----------<http://www.io.com/~hmiller/>----------
|"You have passed a law that will get less respect
Thryomanes (Herman Miller)| than the 55 m.p.h. speed limit dead bang in the
(hmi...@io.com) | middle of the First Amendment." - Steve Russell

Snortenheimer

Jul 29, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/29/96

Joseph Francis Nebus <neb...@rembrandt.its.rpi.edu> wrote:

> How badly would it mess up your life if your furry alter ego
>(or whichever one you like, if you have many) were to suddenly walk
>up to you one day and, most likely, demand to be fed?

It would be . . . intresting. It would also depend on who turned up.

I suppect that once they had gotten used to the situation, either of
them could take care of themselves a lot better than I can, but that
is the way I created them.

> Note that those of you with personal furries can't escape
>this one; how would it disrupt you to suddenly be living with
>someone who thinks remarkably like you, but gets to be the fur
>you wish you were?

This is where it would get odd, Snortenheimer is in a lot of way
very much like me, except for being quite a bit darker, and a lot more
together. I must admit I'd hate it after a bit becasue he is me, but
without a lot of the bits of myself I don't like. Oddly enough he
still doens't like himself, but for different reasons.

If Artania showed up, I would have problems of another kind, she is
just the kind of person that I'm likey to fall in love with, which is
something she would rather avoid. Sex means almost nothing to her, and
while she has nothing against making friends, she really dosn't want
to get deeper in a realationship, particully with a Terran.

Another factor is that any of my chars stand a very good chance of
attacking me on sight for what I've put the poor bastards through.
I'm not sure how they would respond to somebody who thought he had,
or actully had, created them. Snorty would try and analise it to hell
and back, and Artania would just be casual about it.

> Furthermore, how would you handle the rest of the world?
>If you have a non-anthro fur, it'd probably be possible to hide him,
>her or other away, perhaps with an 'exotic pet licence' if you're
>lucky enough to be in a region that will let you get away with it.
>But you folks who have the alter egos who are 6 foot 4 inch
>extraordinarly buxom vixens with skintight outfits and a scent that
>attracts every person of the desired sex in the immediate time zone
>would have a rougher time of it.

At least I don't have to worry to much at this too much, both of
them can immatage a human. Snorty has some shape-shifting talent, and
has done it before, and Artania's entire species were created to blend
in anywhere, they are like a T1000, but more so.
That actully might be part of the problem, Artania is a kind of
plot-device, and while both of them try and stay out of situations
that don't involve them, they do have a habbit of getting dragged in
eventully. This could get really messy when you consider that Art is
capable of taking on the US armed forces, and winning. Her species
were created to be a weapon, and her creators did a damm good job of
it. As I said, she is a plot device.

> And there are other issues, like: which of you would do the
>Mucking (if you do)? Would you let the rest of fandom in on the
>secret, and how? What kind of reaction do you think you'd get?

I don't think either of them would be intrested in MUCKing actully,
as for me, I don't know if I could play the chars anymore. I'd
probably end up changing my name there, going totally OOC all the
time, and just talking to friends.

As I said before, it would be different depending on which one
turned up. Artania I would like to meet, and wouldn't mind being,
Snorty, I just want to be.

Brett, who has been giving something to think about.

Snortenheimer, internet dragon at large. dri...@ihug.co.nz,
snorty@FurryMUCK, and Brett Tamahori in real life.
Furry Code 1.2 FDDps4am A-->- C**>+ D H>+
M+++ P R+ T+++ W- Z>Z+ Sm# RLCT a c++++$ d+ e+ f+ h++ i++$ p- sm#

Richard J. Bartrop

Jul 29, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/29/96

I don't really consider Pi an alter-ego, but I keep picturing a scene
where this rather ticked cyborg vixen with a copy of Furrlough in her paw
kicking down my door, snarling, "YOU! You're the one who's made my life a
living hell!!"

Richard Bartrop
writer/artist, "Zaibatsu Tears"
Grey on FurryMUCK, TigerMUCK, SPR

Royce

Jul 30, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/30/96

>If I had to pick a real furry as my alter ego, I now think
>he'd be a raccoon

Why am I not surprised? :)

-Royce Raccoon

Unknown

Jul 30, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/30/96

> aj...@zipnet.com (AJD3) writes:
> mer...@netcom.com (Mer'rark) wrote:
> >Joseph Francis Nebus (neb...@rembrandt.its.rpi.edu) wrote:
> >: How badly would it mess up your life if your furry alter ego
> >: (or whichever one you like, if you have many) were to suddenly walk
> >: up to you one day and, most likely, demand to be fed?
>
> Unlike most peoples' whose furrie alter egos are mirror images of
> their own peronalities, I tend to more explore my darksides, and
> strange-sides with furrydom. So any furry who moved in wold be
> antisocial, or just plain weird. Like brother-in-law you try so hard
> to forget. We'd get along GREAT! :D

Here to. It would be great. Both of our minds are atoned to Games and TALKING.

> > On a similar note, if one of you persons out there actually woke up
> >one day with that body of your dreams (whatever that is) would you ever
> >go to another furry party again?
>
> Maybe, maybe not! I hate combing the hair I allready have, imagine if
> I had FUR! (Or if I were that Alligator Morph, Brushing my teerh? Oh
> well, I guess flossig would be easy. But I'd be cold blooded, and
> there's allready no heat in this dump... hmm....)

I would go "O.K. This is cool. I'm more out of the ordiary." Then go on with my every day
life.

> > Why don't I just go to sleep like normal people do....? =P
> AJD3 - What is this "Normal?"

Normal is what other people say it is. We are not. We are the rulers of the new world.
OURS!
ME

~Adam "Talkin" Somero

Dennis Lee Bieber

Jul 30, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/30/96

In article <Pine.A32.3.92.960729...@srv1.freenet.calgary.ab.ca> "Richard J. Bartrop" <rbar...@freenet.calgary.ab.ca> writes:
> I don't really consider Pi an alter-ego, but I keep picturing a scene
> where this rather ticked cyborg vixen with a copy of Furrlough in her paw
> kicking down my door, snarling, "YOU! You're the one who's made my life a
> living hell!!"

Snarf! Now THAT is an image! And she snarls so well (I
must confess that I have trouble believing it's her in the evening
dress... Leather and Jeans fits her...)

P Tigris Altaica

Jul 31, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/31/96

Joseph Francis Nebus (neb...@rembrandt.its.rpi.edu) wrote:
: How badly would it mess up your life if your furry alter ego
: (or whichever one you like, if you have many) were to suddenly walk
: up to you one day and, most likely, demand to be fed?

Vaulted ceilings would be a must and I dunno quite what kinda mood
Duelist'd be in since he'd most likely be bumping his head into the
doorways alla time. I can't say I'd envy him during that 3am trip to the
bathroom thru a dark house, when suddenly *thunk* as he hits his head
onna door frame. As far as feeding him goes, there's a Jack in the Box
around the corner ;). (and sometimes, I wish Duelist *WOULD* accompany me
there somtimes ;)

: Note that those of you with personal furries can't escape

: this one; how would it disrupt you to suddenly be living with
: someone who thinks remarkably like you, but gets to be the fur
: you wish you were?

Well, furnature would hafta be modified a bit. Dunno if I'd end up hiding
him or not (not that I could if I wanted to anyway ;). I think that
it'd be neat having such a companion around, although I'd hafta get a
bigger car to go places in. Actually, I'd prolly just go the whole route,
getting him a drivers license (Would YOU deduct points from him for a bad
stop? ;), purrhaps even a job. He'd make a hell of a cop/security guard :)

: Furthermore, how would you handle the rest of the world?

: If you have a non-anthro fur, it'd probably be possible to hide him,
: her or other away, perhaps with an 'exotic pet licence' if you're
: lucky enough to be in a region that will let you get away with it.
: But you folks who have the alter egos who are 6 foot 4 inch
: extraordinarly buxom vixens with skintight outfits and a scent that
: attracts every person of the desired sex in the immediate time zone
: would have a rougher time of it.

I'd just go on with everyday life. Most likely the rest of the world
would just see Duelist as some kinda mascot for an Exxon Gas Station.

: And there are other issues, like: which of you would do the

: Mucking (if you do)? Would you let the rest of fandom in on the
: secret, and how? What kind of reaction do you think you'd get?

Duelist can't type =). I get to muck :). And I would DEFINATELY bring
Duelist along to CF8. I think he'd do ok during the costume contest ;).

: IN a couple of days when I've had some sleep I'll share
: some of my speculations about how it would mess up my own life.

: Joseph Nebus
: ------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now my ALTS, well, that's another story.

-Duelist

Richard J. Bartrop

Aug 3, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/3/96
to wulf...@netcom.com

On Tue, 30 Jul 1996, Dennis Lee Bieber wrote:

> In article <Pine.A32.3.92.960729...@srv1.freenet.calgary.ab.ca> "Richard J. Bartrop" <rbar...@freenet.calgary.ab.ca> writes:
> > I don't really consider Pi an alter-ego, but I keep picturing a scene
> > where this rather ticked cyborg vixen with a copy of Furrlough in her paw
> > kicking down my door, snarling, "YOU! You're the one who's made my life a
> > living hell!!"
> >
> Snarf! Now THAT is an image! And she snarls so well (I
> must confess that I have trouble believing it's her in the evening
> dress... Leather and Jeans fits her...)

That was the reason she dressed up, so that shecould get close
enought to Ryu without attracting undue attention. Saiyubogu are trained
to blend in with their surroundings, to not be noticed until it's too late.
They are the ultmate concealed weapon, which is why the corporation is willing
to spend the time and money to build them.
Given a choice, she does prefer the leather and jeans. ;)