creation of alt.fan.furry

Alan Taylor

Dec 17, 1990, 10:31:54 AM12/17/90

: Ok... so what is this anyway?

I don't know either. Maybe my cats will like it.

John Lauro

Dec 17, 1990, 1:43:16 PM12/17/90
In article <2...@anaxagoras.ils.nwu.edu> new...@ils.nwu.edu (David Newton) writes:
>In article <GLAZOU.90D...@mowitz.pdc.kth.se>, gla...@mowitz.pdc.kth.se (Daniel Glazman) writes:
>> No idea... Can someone explain the name of this newsgroup ?
>> Next time, call the new group fgvrga.vgarvrg.vrtyujk and it will be
>> more clear !
>
> Sheeeeesh! It's fgurga.vgarvrg.vrtyujk, not fgvrga.vgarvrg.vrtyujk...
>I don't know _how_ many times I'm gonna have to go through this.

That's not right either. It would be fgurga.vrtyujk.vgarvrg. But that
would be taken care of by the time it was voted on. Unless you really
meant alt.fgurga.vrtyujk.vgarvrg.

(Seriously: (not really...) This group sounds like it's for people
that are fans of furry things. What's quicker my u key, or the lifetime
of this group?

re...@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu

Dec 17, 1990, 2:12:30 PM12/17/90
In article <2...@anaxagoras.ils.nwu.edu>, new...@ils.nwu.edu (David Newton) writes:
> In article <GLAZOU.90D...@mowitz.pdc.kth.se>, gla...@mowitz.pdc.kth.se (Daniel Glazman) writes:
>> No idea... Can someone explain the name of this newsgroup ?
>> Next time, call the new group fgvrga.vgarvrg.vrtyujk and it will be
>> more clear !
>
> Sheeeeesh! It's fgurga.vgarvrg.vrtyujk, not fgvrga.vgarvrg.vrtyujk...
> I don't know _how_ many times I'm gonna have to go through this.
>

> I'm not crazy, I only wish I was.

David, that was a subjunctive case and should have been "I'm not crazy, I only
wish I were." And for the record, I thought it was fgvrga.vgarvrg.vrtyujk
too.

Disclaimer: It's mine, but if you want it you can have it.
*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*
CHARLES REZAC * bitnet: REZAC@UKANVAX internet: re...@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu

Message has been deleted

william w haskell

Dec 17, 1990, 5:44:04 PM12/17/90
In article <ATAYLOR.90...@gauss.nmsu.edu> ata...@nmsu.edu (Alan Taylor) writes:
>: Ok... so what is this anyway?
>
> I don't know either. Maybe my cats will like it.

I suggest that you keep your cats away from my jhereg, he'll eat
anything smaller than he is, and he's really hungry lately...

...wildy

Message has been deleted

Lara J Allen

Dec 19, 1990, 12:58:37 PM12/19/90

i'd like to offer my .sig for people to copy and use
freely:

,--------------------------------. ^/\ //\\
/\_/\ / Lara J Allen \ oo \ U //
/\ / o o \ / Silicon Graphics | (*)~/____//
//\\ \~(*)~/ < (415) 335-1609 | ~ , |
` \/ ^ / \ or | \ ___\ \
| \|| || \ la...@sgi.com / ||\\ |/.\
\ '|| || `--------------------------------' (/ \) (/ (/
\)()-()) yorgi

so, what's your cutest furry tail?

a good one:
my sweetie had a very loving cat named Mojo
one night, they were having cornish game hens. mojo was
still a 4 month old kitten. They'd left the carcasses
on the table. The way my sweetie describes it...mojo
hopped up on the table and grabbed a carcass which was
larger than she was.
apparently it was rather riotous seeing her try and drag
it across the kitchen floor.

--
,--------------------------------. ^/\ //\\
/\_/\ / Lara J Allen \ oo \ U //

Janet Christian x2054

Dec 19, 1990, 8:03:52 PM12/19/90
Maybe this is a newsgroup for ferret fans! They are furry, and since they
are illegal in California, the newsgroup would have to be secret...
--
____*_ Janet Christian jchri...@indetech.com
\ / / Independence Technologies {sun,sharkey,pacbell}!indetech!jchristian

R'ykandar Korra'ti

Dec 20, 1990, 3:53:16 PM12/20/90
In article <1990Dec17.1...@engin.umich.edu> j...@acc.flint.umich.edu (John Lauro) writes:
>(Seriously: (not really...) This group sounds like it's for people
>that are fans of furry things. What's quicker my u key, or the lifetime
>of this group?
The newsgroup is for readers and fans of a subgenre of fiction dealing
with anthropomorphic characters. Publications which publish appropriate
articles and fiction include THE CENTAURS GATHERUM NEWSLETTER, ALBEDO
anthropomorphics, CRITTERS, YARF!, BIRTHRIGHT, and many other professional
and amateur publications too numerous to mention here. This newsgroup is
in part a replacement for alt.fan.albedo and alt.birthright (although I do
not know if rmgroups will be issued for those or not; I didn't start them
or this group either, for that matter) as traffic was too low in those two
groups, and they were too specialized as well.
So perhaps in some ways, you're right; it is for people who are fans
of furry things. (Also feathery. Birds count. :-) ) However, you didn't get
the point, probably because you're not aware of any of these publications.
(Sort of like rec.radio.ham would be confusing to anyone not familiar with
the term "ham" for amateur radio broadcaster... 'is it radio made of ham,
or people who ham it up on the radio?')
- R'ykandar.
--
R'ykandar Korra'ti | Editor, LOW ORBIT Science and Fiction
"I hate you, you timepiece from Hades." - Plucky Duck

Mick Washbrook

Dec 20, 1990, 7:17:06 PM12/20/90
In article <1990Dec20....@indetech.com>, ja...@indetech.com (Janet Christian x2054) writes:
> Maybe this is a newsgroup for ferret fans! They are furry, and since they
> are illegal in California, the newsgroup would have to be secret...

Ferrets are illegal in California? Do THEY know this??

--
Mick Washbrooke mi...@autodesk.com
Love is the Law,

a.lex.va...@gmail.com

Jun 22, 2020, 10:56:03 PM6/22/20
hewwo is anyone here???>~<

Brian W. Antoine

Jun 24, 2020, 1:40:09 PM6/24/20
On Mon, 22 Jun 2020 19:56:02 -0700 (PDT), a.lex.va...@gmail.com
wrote:

>hewwo is anyone here???>~<

Well, maybe. :)

Jan Hasebos

Jun 25, 2020, 3:46:02 PM6/25/20
> is anyone here

Salut!

~ Jan

Sebastian

Jun 29, 2020, 5:13:44 PM6/29/20
Am 23.06.20 um 04:56 schrieb a.lex.va...@gmail.com:
> hewwo is anyone here???>~<

Hey hey :)

Dan Skunk

Jul 1, 2020, 9:29:38 AM7/1/20
On 2020-06-22 10:56 p.m., a.lex.va...@gmail.com wrote:
> hewwo is anyone here???>~<

Sometimes. :>

tom

Jul 2, 2020, 2:28:56 AM7/2/20
aye danskunk it's you!

--
_______________________________________
/ Paul's Law: \
| |
| In America, it's not how much an item |
\ costs, it's how much you save. /
---------------------------------------
\
\
/\ /\
//\\_//\\ ____
\_ _/ / /
/ * * \ /^^^]
\_\O/_/ [ ]
/ \_ [ /
\ \_ / /
[ [ / \/ _/
_[ [ \ /_/

Dan Skunk

Jul 3, 2020, 10:52:14 AM7/3/20
On 2020-07-02 2:29 a.m., tom wrote:
> On Wed, 1 Jul 2020 09:29:36 -0400
> Dan Skunk <dans...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On 2020-06-22 10:56 p.m., a.lex.va...@gmail.com wrote:
>>> hewwo is anyone here???>~<
>>>
>> Sometimes. :>
>
> aye danskunk it's you!

Yus. I'm still here.

Freddy1X

Jul 3, 2020, 11:26:39 AM7/3/20
I've been skulking around here since 1993. Seldom feel the need to post.
Should say something...

Hey Dan, haven't seen you in person since some furcon a few years ago.
Winks to A.Lex.

Freddy,
Greymuzzle. You kids, get off my newsgroup!
--
Wet paint, do not cross line.

/|>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>\|
/| I may be demented \|
/| but I'm not crazy! \|
/|<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<\|
* SPAyM trap: there is no X in my address *

Dan Skunk

Jul 3, 2020, 3:59:32 PM7/3/20
On 2020-07-03 11:23 a.m., Freddy1X wrote:
> Dan Skunk wrote:
>
>> On 2020-07-02 2:29 a.m., tom wrote:

>>> aye danskunk it's you!
>>>
>> Yus. I'm still here.
>
> I've been skulking around here since 1993. Seldom feel the need to post.
> Should say something...
>
> Hey Dan, haven't seen you in person since some furcon a few years ago.
> Winks to A.Lex.
>
> Freddy,
> Greymuzzle. You kids, get off my newsgroup!

Think I passed you at MFF last year. Maybe we should do more than pass
in the hall.

Brian W. Antoine

Jul 6, 2020, 11:44:20 AM7/6/20
On Fri, 03 Jul 2020 11:23:41 -0400, Freddy1X <fred...@indyX.netX> wrote:

>Dan Skunk wrote:
>
>> On 2020-07-02 2:29 a.m., tom wrote:

>>> aye danskunk it's you!
>>>
>> Yus. I'm still here.
>
>I've been skulking around here since 1993. Seldom feel the need to post.
>Should say something...
>
>Hey Dan, haven't seen you in person since some furcon a few years ago.
>Winks to A.Lex.
>
>Freddy,
>Greymuzzle. You kids, get off my newsgroup!

Not before they buy stuff from us though! A couple of people joined
Discod and picked out a few things from my art vault. :)

Freddy1X

Jul 7, 2020, 10:21:09 PM7/7/20
Brian W. Antoine wrote:

> On Fri, 03 Jul 2020 11:23:41 -0400, Freddy1X <fred...@indyX.netX> wrote:

( cuts )

>>Freddy,
>>Greymuzzle. You kids, get off my newsgroup!
>
> Not before they buy stuff from us though! A couple of people joined
> Discod and picked out a few things from my art vault. :)

Yabut ya gotta post a link or sumtin else we canna find what yur sellin. Or
wood dat be makin' this group too commercial?

Freddy,
curious, but not as much as a cat...
--
Footwear required in lobby and breakfast areas.

Freddy1X

Jul 7, 2020, 10:27:13 PM7/7/20
Dan Skunk wrote:

> On 2020-07-03 11:23 a.m., Freddy1X wrote:
>> Dan Skunk wrote:

( cuts )

> Think I passed you at MFF last year. Maybe we should do more than pass
> in the hall.

I may have seen you. The 20th MFF was a bit more busy than their first
year. One just has to prearrange to meet before the event in order to find
who you want to find.
Aren't you pretty much been of staff at MFF for the last several years?
Makes spare time scarce...

Freddy,
crosses fingers that MFF happens this year.
--
All vehicles must back in.

Brian W. Antoine

Jul 14, 2020, 1:06:22 PM7/14/20
On Tue, 07 Jul 2020 22:18 -0400, Freddy1X <fred...@indyX.netX> wrote:

>Brian W. Antoine wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 03 Jul 2020 11:23:41 -0400, Freddy1X <fred...@indyX.netX> wrote:
>>
>( cuts )
>

>>>Freddy,
>>>Greymuzzle. You kids, get off my newsgroup!
>>
>> Not before they buy stuff from us though! A couple of people joined
>> Discod and picked out a few things from my art vault. :)
>
>Yabut ya gotta post a link or sumtin else we canna find what yur sellin. Or
>wood dat be makin' this group too commercial?
>
>Freddy,
>curious, but not as much as a cat...

I did post a link a couple of weeks ago, an invite to join the YiffNet
Discod server. That's where I post the cover pages of stuff forsale and
arrange payment and shipping.

Freddy1X

Jul 14, 2020, 2:43:08 PM7/14/20
Brian W. Antoine wrote:

> On Tue, 07 Jul 2020 22:18 -0400, Freddy1X <fred...@indyX.netX> wrote:
>
>>Brian W. Antoine wrote:

( cuts )

>>> Not before they buy stuff from us though! A couple of people joined
>>> Discod and picked out a few things from my art vault. :)
>>
>>Yabut ya gotta post a link or sumtin else we canna find what yur sellin.
>>Or wood dat be makin' this group too commercial?
>>
>>Freddy,
>>curious, but not as much as a cat...
>
> I did post a link a couple of weeks ago, an invite to join the YiffNet
> Discod server. That's where I post the cover pages of stuff forsale and
> arrange payment and shipping.

I claim my gerymuzzle status and invoke failing-memory super-power. ;)

You could put a signature at the bottom of your postings. ForteAgent 7.20
must surely allow that. Put your link there then every post will show it.
See how my signature works?

Freddy,
signatures don't have to make sense.
--
Low salt zone.

Dan Skunk

Jul 26, 2020, 7:25:38 PM7/26/20
On 2020-07-07 10:24 p.m., Freddy1X wrote:
> Dan Skunk wrote:

> ( cuts )
>>>
>> Think I passed you at MFF last year. Maybe we should do more than pass
>> in the hall.
>
> I may have seen you. The 20th MFF was a bit more busy than their first
> year. One just has to prearrange to meet before the event in order to find
> who you want to find.
> Aren't you pretty much been of staff at MFF for the last several years?
> Makes spare time scarce...
>
> Freddy,
> crosses fingers that MFF happens this year.

Yeah. Been staff for a long time.

Dan Skunk

Jul 26, 2020, 7:26:23 PM7/26/20
Maybe need have a meet up of aff users.