SKUNKFUCKER

M S

Mar 24, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/24/98

This is not a personal attack. I saw that guy with the skunkfucker
t-shirt at the con and that really offended me.( And I'm usually a fan
of off-color t-shirts ) What does that person think they're
accomplishing for the fandom's image by wearing that in a public place?
I know a lot of you will think I'm just trying to stir up controversy
but I thought that was too much. Sorry, just did.

M S

Mar 25, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/25/98

I like you Dean L. Norton. You're silly!

D.L.Norton@3RDMIL

Mar 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/26/98

matts...@webtv.net (M S) writes:

It's funny..but you seem to be the only person in this group who can
select such a topic to attract attention...it worked...here I am...how
much attention do you really need..?? If you're interested...I'm all
ears...

Geee...you must be a lonely person sitting there with your WebTV. Maybe
you probably have a pc and all the trappings but getting online can be a
pain through a pc if you don't have all the odds and end it takes to get
online...so you resort to WebTV...I guess it's not a bad choice because
it does allow those who aren't computer literate to get online and join
the fun...but it also allows those who'd probably never get online
because they don't have a pc and really don't want a pc. But this
"Instant Access" does allow those who aren't say, "Internet/Usenet" savvy
to sit down and speak their minds...a nice thing wouldn't you say MS?

Perhaps...but some WebTV users may feel that this instant access also gives
you instant anonymity therefore anything they say, as a rule, do not
have to claim responsibilty for their posts/writing. And also anything
that is directed back at them they can either ignore or flame back at the
responding party without any true retribution..

I also noticed MS that you have posted quite a few original posts. I know you
like to start a conversation...but you are going about it the wrong way.
You don't go into a newgroup of that is say, *alt.12step.rape.recovery*
and make a post with the subject: RAPISTS SUCK..WHAT DO YOU THINK? ..and
sit back and wait for a response. (actually, there is no such newgroup as
alt.12step.rape.recovery...I'm just making a point) MS...you'll either
be dragged into an argument which will end up nowhere or either flamed or just
perhaps ignored alltogether.

MS...I don't know you...perhaps as I stated above..you may be lonely and
are looking for attention...who knows? But dude...you lack tact...and
have the subtlety of a bag of hammers. Okay fine..you saw a guy with this
stooopid t-shirt...okay, haha..we had a quick laugh..now what MS? Who
really cares about a guy wearing a t-shirt with this inane slogan..!

Let It Go MS...and also, get out of the house and mingle with some mundane
human beings...or whatever...but get away from that damn WebTV...it's
worse than eating 12 bags of Dorritos...and it turning you into a truly
annoying individual...that I'm sorry to say probably won't disappear
until the novelty of his/her WebTV wears off...

*sigh*

Most sincerely...no really..!

-Dean L. Norton
http://annex.com/dlnorton/index.htm

M S

Mar 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/26/98

I know how the web works my friend. I'm only speaking my opinion here.
If you don't like it, go to some goddamn country where you don't have
the right to challenge the majority rule or speak your mind, and see how
you like it.

Oh, no, someone else knows more about how to download porno 60 times
faster than I do! I feel so ashamed and un-educated, someone please put
me out of my misery. I own a web tv...( sob ) I'll never amount to
anything.....sniffle..

I don't own a DVd player either...BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!

M S

Mar 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/26/98

I'm looking for attention? You've proven my point exactly. SKUNKFUCKER
sure sticks out doesn't it, especially when it's on a t-shirt in the
middle OF A FUCKING CONVENTION WITH LOTS OF LITTLE @#$#^^#CKING KIDS
WALKING IN AND OUT! God, what's the matter with you?
Hey I got something to tell you, I'm not going anywhere. And the fact
that you associate webtv with a peasant or trailer trash mentality only
proves you're an egotistical, self centered, little husk of a man with
no clue whatsoever. Bring it on little man,I'm ready for you.

By the way, you wouldn't happen to be the kid who was wearing that
shirt, would you?

Mister Tod

Mar 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/26/98

THIS FRIDAY ONLY!! Coming to the Guillotine Theater and Grill are three
favorites of furvert rock:

SKUNKFUCKER

PLUSHIE PLUNGER

and MIKE WANKS HIS MUTT

plus special guest: SPOOGE MONKEY

Buy your tickets today!

--Mister Tod

"...I distrust the extremes. Sctatch a conservative and you find someone who
prefers the past over any future. Scratch a liberal and find a closet
aristocrat...."
--The Stolen Journals, God Emperor of Dune

Singe

Mar 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/26/98

> I'm looking for attention? You've proven my point exactly. SKUNKFUCKER
> sure sticks out doesn't it, especially when it's on a t-shirt in the
> middle OF A FUCKING CONVENTION WITH LOTS OF LITTLE @#$#^^#CKING KIDS
> WALKING IN AND OUT! God, what's the matter with you?

My thought would be that the person wearing the shirt didn't think
kids are all that affected by seeing profanity on a T-shirt. I certainly
don't think they're affected. I know I didn't care much about
profanity when I was a kid. It was a rude T-shirt, but not that big of a
deal.

-Singe

Farthing W. Fox

Mar 27, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/27/98

It's not like it was a new shirt either. In fact, a few people went to
Duckon IV (I think) with them just because one day they were bored and
decided to print up some t-shirts.

(no - i'm not one of those people)
--
F W Fox
f...@vulpes.net

M S

Mar 27, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/27/98

My point is the person who was wearing that shirt obviously doesn't care
about the rest of furry fandom OR the chances that it will ever be
accepted by mainstream America. And before you even start with " Well,
what if we don't want it to be accepted by America?" "WELL, I DO! AND SO
DO A HELL OF A LOT OF OTHER PEOPLE! " The overly eccentric misbehaved
sect that represents how most people see furry fandom doesnt own furry
fandom. It is not and should not be limited to the whims of a small
group of defiant, clueless people that forgot how to behave in public a
long time ago.

Don Sanders

Mar 27, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/27/98

Ok, so I promised not to reply to this, ok, so I figured this was flamebait,
but this has gone on too long for me to at least inject my .02 cents into
this!!

I am going to try and go through this quoted section bit by bit and see if I
can understand what is being said here.

Hmm, lets see, not caring about the rest of the fandom and in fact giving
fandom a bad name in mainstream America? Last time I checked, Mainstream
America does not live and breath one thought, one mind! What one may find
offensive, others may find praiseable(sp?) True, it may be considered rude
and unacceptable to wear a shirt like that in certain areas of the public, but
consider this. Culture! the same thing that gave birth to the Grunge Look,
the Punk Look! and much more. (following flame material follows!) what would
most of the people's feelings would be if they wore a Southern Flag on their
shirts? Heck, some groups are still arguing over that! However, life still
goes on!

Some folks would be quite upset if they were told that only a certain
combination of clothing can be worn in public. Think for a minute, this image
was on a T-Shirt! if it was on a bill board, then maybe folks would have
something to crow about! The fact that the T-Shirt was being worn at a event
that fits the theme somehow, now if this was a human image and some degrading
word was used such as Trailer Trash F***er! was used, then I would understand!

Oh, I am not really defending the person who wore the shirt, I don't beleive
in mob justice, too much of that runs in our society today! I am just getting
a tad bit erked that what is ovious is being pointed out in such a way that is
sure to warrent the kind of response I am typing, (Duh, I guess that is why it
is call flames! and like a sucker, I was caught, hook, line, and shrinker!)

bottom line? what is the point of a bottom line anyway! this debate will
carry on until who knows what happens! if not SkunkF***er, then something
else silly like super endowed Vixen T-Shirts! I guess the answer if there is
any would be either toss away those offensive T-Shirts and wear something
wholesome? Can we say Sheep? Baa? Ok, the next question is would I be caught
dead in a shirt like that and acting badly in public? Maybe, Maybe not! it
depends on how I feel about it, but at least I have the choice!!

We all have the Choice!!!

Ok, I'm done with this, this is the last word on this matter you may hear from
me, although I feel the damage is done, I'm now marked as Flame Fodder!
but unlike some of the others that may have been marked in that way, I will
not roll over. I'm just going to curl up in the corner and just watch the
flames lob across the newsgroups and dream of a time when the tool called the
internet was just a Sci-Fi Dream!

Don Sanders

Dsan Tsan on #furry and on FurryMuck
Valsen Tsan on Tapestries
Artist at Roll Yer Own Graphics
http://www.dreamscape.com/dsand101/dsan.htm
(my furry page) Email dsan...@future.dreamscape.com

Ucalegon

Mar 27, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/27/98

In article <6fgo0q$s1g$1...@chaos.ao.net>, noo...@myemail.com (Don Sanders)
writes:

>Ok, so I promised not to reply to this, ok, so I figured this was
> flamebait,

Well, such was my plan too, but I can no longer keep silent:

I think 'skunkfucker' is a *wonderful* insult, with those all kicky
crackling Ks and thumping Us. It has body to it, unlike, say,
'kike'. The only better one is 'mackerel snapper', with both K
and P and a wonderful rhythm; it would almost be worth being
Catholic to get called that. Mackerel snapper. Mackerel
snapper. Whee! I don't think it's used any more, which is a
victory for the forces of tolerance but a loss of euphony.

'Skunkfucker', though, is still alive. Let's keep it that way!
Wear it on T shirts, on buttons, tattooed on foreheads.
Why take it as an insult when you can co-opt it, like the
sansculottes and Yankees? The few, the proud, the
Skunkfuckers! Yeah.

Always carry a grapefruit, Treesong
Acag, Treesong (ucal...@aol.com)

Juan F. Lara

Mar 27, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/27/98

In article <199803272345...@ladder01.news.aol.com>,

Ucalegon <ucal...@aol.com> wrote:
> 'Skunkfucker', though, is still alive. Let's keep it that way!

I think the popularity of "South Park" will cause this insult to be
replaced with "pigfucker". :-)

- Juan F. Lara
http://ccwf.cc.utexas.edu/~jfl/intro.html

"There's nothing worse than getting all drunk and waking up next to a pig...
or a big fat elephant."

leah verre

Mar 28, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/28/98

Ucalegon <ucal...@aol.com> wrote in article
<199803272345...@ladder01.news.aol.com>...

> In article <6fgo0q$s1g$1...@chaos.ao.net>, noo...@myemail.com (Don Sanders)
> writes:
>
> >Ok, so I promised not to reply to this, ok, so I figured this was
> > flamebait,
>
> Well, such was my plan too, but I can no longer keep silent:
>
> I think 'skunkfucker' is a *wonderful* insult, with those all kicky
> crackling Ks and thumping Us. It has body to it, unlike, say,
> 'kike'. The only better one is 'mackerel snapper', with both K
> and P and a wonderful rhythm; it would almost be worth being
> Catholic to get called that. Mackerel snapper. Mackerel
> snapper. Whee! I don't think it's used any more, which is a
> victory for the forces of tolerance but a loss of euphony.
>

> 'Skunkfucker', though, is still alive. Let's keep it that way!

> Wear it on T shirts, on buttons, tattooed on foreheads.
> Why take it as an insult when you can co-opt it, like the
> sansculottes and Yankees? The few, the proud, the
> Skunkfuckers! Yeah.
>
> Always carry a grapefruit, Treesong
> Acag, Treesong (ucal...@aol.com)

I like your thinking, brothuh.

".. and that's another thing! You can't use that word .. that's OUR word
for making fun of YOU!" - Homor Simpson

You defuse the insult by adopting it.

BlackHat

Mar 28, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/28/98

This maybe a tad off topic but I need to speak my mind again.

Why is it when an artist (or anyone for that matter) gets blown off,
insulted, and chased away for creating or discussing dark or
controverisal subject matter, it's called keeping good taste; but if
they want to tone the spooge/sex/yiff factor by asking people to use
some common sense, it's called censorship?

It all makes so much fucking sense to me now!!!!!

BlackHat
"I love the night as much as I love the rain."

Karl F. Meyers

Mar 28, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/28/98

Mister Tod <mist...@aol.com> wrote in article
<199803261015...@ladder03.news.aol.com>...

> THIS FRIDAY ONLY!! Coming to the Guillotine Theater and Grill are three
> favorites of furvert rock:
>
> SKUNKFUCKER
>
> PLUSHIE PLUNGER
>
> and MIKE WANKS HIS MUTT
>
> plus special guest: SPOOGE MONKEY
>
> Buy your tickets today!

ROFLGO! Scary thing about it is, it sounds just like the concert
announcements they play on the alternative station here in Jax (which
tends to thumb its nose at the FCC every so often...)

Yer a sick fur, Mr. Tod. Keep up the good work. :)

KFM!

--
They've got no horns and they've got no tail, | Karl F. Meyers
They don't even know of our existence. | Avalon Studios

K. Ivan Ruppert

Mar 29, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/29/98

On 27 Mar 1998 21:05:11 -0600, j...@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu (Juan F. Lara)
wrote:

>> 'Skunkfucker', though, is still alive. Let's keep it that way!
>

> I think the popularity of "South Park" will cause this insult to be
>replaced with "pigfucker". :-)
>
> - Juan F. Lara
>http://ccwf.cc.utexas.edu/~jfl/intro.html
>
>"There's nothing worse than getting all drunk and waking up next to a pig...
> or a big fat elephant."

"I thought you said nature was a beautiful thing! When didid go from
beautifull to ugly?"

"Usually around 9:30 in the morning."

Hehehe

Jeff

Mister Tod

Mar 29, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/29/98

In article <01bd5a80$f4f2aba0$4cf51fcc@default>, "Karl F. Meyers"
<kme...@ix.netcom.com> writes:

>ROFLGO! Scary thing about it is, it sounds just like the concert
>announcements they play on the alternative station here in Jax (which
>tends to thumb its nose at the FCC every so often...)
>
>Yer a sick fur, Mr. Tod. Keep up the good work. :)

I'm the best at what I do! <depraved laughter>

>KFM!

Where I live in Pdx there are a lot of theaters that feature groups with funny
and weird names. A couple of friends of mine were part of a comical punk group
called Urine Analysis a few years back. I'm surprised that no one's used
Skunkf---er yet.

Nate Patrin

Mar 29, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/29/98

BlackHat <bh...@primespam-x.net> wrote in article
<351CCF...@primespam-x.net>...

> This maybe a tad off topic but I need to speak my mind again.

Go for it.

> Why is it when an artist (or anyone for that matter) gets blown off,
> insulted, and chased away for creating or discussing dark or
> controverisal subject matter, it's called keeping good taste; but if
> they want to tone the spooge/sex/yiff factor by asking people to use
> some common sense, it's called censorship?

Simple: Sex (at least as exhibited in 90% of furry works I've seen) is
Happy/Lowbrow, while Pondering The Tenets of Graphic Violence, Cynicism,
Nihilism, Hatred and Prejudice is Unhappy/Highbrow. For some reason a lot
of people here find red bodily fluids far more offensive than the off-white
variety.

> It all makes so much fucking sense to me now!!!!!

Well, I'll give ya one thing: for a word that's used to debase and
trivialize probably one of the single best physical acts possible of
initiating, 'fuck' is wickedly appropriate for expressing severe
frustration, anger and hatred. 'Specially in a situation like this.

--
-Nate Patrin
"Will I be drawing these damn rabbits forever?" -Matt Groening, 1990

Lisa Jennings

Mar 30, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/30/98

Mister Tod wrote:
> THIS FRIDAY ONLY!! Coming to the Guillotine Theater and Grill are three
> favorites of furvert rock:
> SKUNKFUCKER
> PLUSHIE PLUNGER
> and MIKE WANKS HIS MUTT
> plus special guest: SPOOGE MONKEY
>
> Buy your tickets today!
>
> --Mister Tod

Considering that some real bands are named like NUDE OTTER SEX TOY, I
think your art is imitating life... :3

ermine
[Undo the Knot to Reply.]

William Haskell

Mar 30, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/30/98

Some years ago, there was a local band - composed of various persons in
the District Attorney's office - who went by the name of...

===>Death By Injection<===

They were finally obliged to change it to something more innoculous by
the community crybabies - I personally thought it was pretty kewl & most
appropriate, myself.