mhirtes

Dan Skunk

May 9, 2004, 8:26:20 PM5/9/04
Another question.

What horrable injustice was perpetrated on mhirtes by furries to engender
such resentment towards them?

PlanetFur

May 9, 2004, 8:56:42 PM5/9/04
Dan Skunk wrote:

People won't buy his FurPlay 'zines anymore (Yes, Hirtes published them
long time ago) and no one will do his harem fetish for free.

So, furries are an injustice he must wipe out because of these.

At least, that's all I can figure out.

Rick Pikul

May 9, 2004, 10:11:12 PM5/9/04
In article <c7mjsa$1jub$2...@velox.critter.net>, nos...@nospam.planetfur.com
says...

It also seems to be part of why he can't hold down a job[1],
supposedly he acts in RL the same way he does online.

[1] To the point of qualifying for a disability pension, it isn't
really his fault.

--
Phoenix

Juan F. Lara

May 9, 2004, 10:42:23 PM5/9/04

PlanetFur <nos...@nospam.planetfur.com> wrote:
>People won't buy his FurPlay 'zines anymore (Yes, Hirtes published them
>long time ago) and no one will do his harem fetish for free.

He used to slam on anybody that bashed furries then as he's slamming on
furry fans now.

> So, furries are an injustice he must wipe out because of these.
> At least, that's all I can figure out.

Isn't there any way to have his internet access shut down? All these
posts, particularly the one where he threatens people at a furrycon, are
clearly a pattern of harrassment. Isn't it also possible to third party
cancel him?

- Juan F. Lara
http://bellsouthpwp.net/l/a/lara6281/intro.html

Robert Hudson

May 9, 2004, 11:29:19 PM5/9/04

Would some kind person sign Mr. Hirtes up for a full course of 'Getting
Hit on the Head lessons'???

Whiffert da Cat

Robert Hudson

May 9, 2004, 11:36:02 PM5/9/04

mhirtes is probably the most extreme example of what being in the furry
fandom can do to a man.

Be warned.. It can happen to you!

Whiffert da Cat

mouse

May 9, 2004, 11:36:06 PM5/9/04
lj...@ces.clemson.edu (Juan F. Lara) wrote in

> All these
> posts, particularly the one where he threatens people at a furrycon, are
> clearly a pattern of harrassment. Isn't it also possible to third party
> cancel him?

Hirtes can speak for himself...I just wanted to point out how fucking
unbelievably pathetic you guys are.

your limp-dicked attempts at maliciousness really, truly are laughable

Pyesetz the Dog

May 9, 2004, 11:53:38 PM5/9/04
On Mon, 10 May 2004 02:42:23 +0000, Juan F. Lara wrote:
> Isn't there any way to have his internet access shut down?

Not easily. It's much easier to just add him to your killfile. I don't
see his posts anymore. When I see someone else "replying to himself" in
the thread view, and the message begins "mh@nospambots wrote", I just
press the <NEXT> button and move on. There's only so many hours in the
day, I don't want to waste any on posts that won't interest me.

-- Pyesetz the Dog
http://www.pyesetz.furtopia.org

PlanetFur

May 10, 2004, 12:15:40 AM5/10/04
Pyesetz the Dog wrote:

> Not easily. It's much easier to just add him to your killfile. I don't
> see his posts anymore. When I see someone else "replying to himself" in
> the thread view, and the message begins "mh@nospambots wrote", I just
> press the <NEXT> button and move on. There's only so many hours in the
> day, I don't want to waste any on posts that won't interest me.

Yes, but how will we ever know who hates us this week?

Oh, yeah, we stopped caring a long time ago.

Still, Mike would be good for a psychology project: Someone who hates
something so much he was once a big supporter of, that now it consumes
all his time and energy trying to be part of it still.

Anyone working on a thesis?

Paul Johnson

May 10, 2004, 12:11:11 AM5/10/04

mhirtes

May 10, 2004, 4:59:41 AM5/10/04
In article <c7mi9m$1ind$1...@velox.critter.net>,
"Dan Skunk" <_@rogers.com> wrote:

Don't expect the furries to even admit it. They think they're perfect in
all things.

It's that MASSIVE delusion they have of themselves, you see.

mhirtes

May 10, 2004, 5:00:45 AM5/10/04
In article <c7mjsa$1jub$2...@velox.critter.net>,
PlanetFur <nos...@nospam.planetfur.com> wrote:

> Dan Skunk wrote:
>
> > Another question.
> >
> > What horrable injustice was perpetrated on mhirtes by furries to engender
> > such resentment towards them?
>
> People won't buy his FurPlay 'zines anymore (Yes, Hirtes published them
> long time ago) and no one will do his harem fetish for free.

Is that the BEST you can come up with, little brat? Jeez!

> So, furries are an injustice he must wipe out because of these.
>
> At least, that's all I can figure out.

Apparently, you can't figure out very much then.

mhirtes

May 10, 2004, 5:03:57 AM5/10/04
In article <c7mq6f$9ae$1...@hubcap.clemson.edu>,

lj...@ces.clemson.edu (Juan F. Lara) wrote:

> In article <c7mjsa$1jub$2...@velox.critter.net>,
> PlanetFur <nos...@nospam.planetfur.com> wrote:
> >People won't buy his FurPlay 'zines anymore (Yes, Hirtes published them
> >long time ago) and no one will do his harem fetish for free.
>
> He used to slam on anybody that bashed furries then as he's slamming on
> furry fans now.

Yeah, becasue I finally woke up and saw furrydom for the twisted
sadistic pack of criminally-insane assholes they really are.

Sorry, but the "Once a furry, always a furry" crap won't flush.

> > So, furries are an injustice he must wipe out because of these.
> > At least, that's all I can figure out.
>
> Isn't there any way to have his internet access shut down?

Gee. If only I had a car for you goons to plant your fat asses onto and
keep from leaving (that IS what you like to do with those who dare to
disagree).

> All these
> posts, particularly the one where he threatens people at a furrycon,

Where did I make any threats? Aw jeez! You guys see threats in
EVERYthing, don't you? A crude drawing of a web site logo, and now this
lying sack of shit is trying to say I'm making threats.

Idiot, PUH-LEEZE!

mhirtes

May 10, 2004, 5:04:54 AM5/10/04
In article <c7mvhc$1trh$1...@velox.critter.net>,
PlanetFur <nos...@nospam.planetfur.com> wrote:

> Pyesetz the Dog wrote:
>
> > Not easily. It's much easier to just add him to your killfile. I don't
> > see his posts anymore. When I see someone else "replying to himself" in
> > the thread view, and the message begins "mh@nospambots wrote", I just
> > press the <NEXT> button and move on. There's only so many hours in the
> > day, I don't want to waste any on posts that won't interest me.
>
> Yes, but how will we ever know who hates us this week?
>
> Oh, yeah, we stopped caring a long time ago.

No you didn't. In fact, you guys still cringe whenever anyone even says
the word "LOADED" to this day.

mhirtes

May 10, 2004, 5:06:53 AM5/10/04
In article <Xns94E4F14...@204.152.189.149>,
mouse <mo...@blackvault.com> wrote:

> lj...@ces.clemson.edu (Juan F. Lara) wrote in
>
> > All these
> > posts, particularly the one where he threatens people at a furrycon, are
> > clearly a pattern of harrassment. Isn't it also possible to third party
> > cancel him?
> >

> Hirtes can speak for himself...I just wanted to point out how fucking
> unbelievably pathetic you guys are.

I've noticed that you can point it with a Foorman's Pike (oooo! I'm
making "thhhhhreats". Oh my!), but it'll never be able to penetrate the
thick skulls of these freaks.

> your limp-dicked attempts at maliciousness really, truly are laughable

Be careful. They may consider your laughter to be a threatening gesture.

OOOOOOOO!!!!

mhirtes

May 10, 2004, 6:40:08 AM5/10/04
In article <MPG.1b08aecdc...@news.critter.net>,
Rick Pikul <rwp...@sympatico.ca> wrote:

> It also seems to be part of why he can't hold down a job[1],
> supposedly he acts in RL the same way he does online.

I'm just curious in knowing just why you seem to think my behavious is
subject to your approval?

> [1] To the point of qualifying for a disability pension, it isn't
> really his fault.

Jealous.

Elliot

May 10, 2004, 3:56:54 PM5/10/04

"mhirtes" <m...@nospambots.com> wrote in message

> behavious

some new latin word that I'm unfamiliar with? :-P
(sorry, had to correct that one since the keys are a bit spaced)

also...

>I'm just curious in knowing just why you seem to think
>my behavious is subject to your approval?

I suppose we could pose the same question to you, but as was said earilier
in "I can't be the only one...", dance monkey boy dance ^_^

-Elliot

mhirtes

May 10, 2004, 5:17:13 PM5/10/04
In article <F7Rnc.17572$k24.3912@fed1read01>,
"Elliot" <ellio...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> "mhirtes" <m...@nospambots.com> wrote in message
>
> > behavious
>
> some new latin word that I'm unfamiliar with? :-P
> (sorry, had to correct that one since the keys are a bit spaced)

Ahhhh yes. The classic "grammar nazi" attitude that furries are
legendery for. Ignore the message, but nitpick over a mere typo.

> also...
>
> >I'm just curious in knowing just why you seem to think
> >my behavious is subject to your approval?
>
> I suppose we could pose the same question to you, but as was said earilier
> in "I can't be the only one...", dance monkey boy dance ^_^

That's okay. Ol Bonzo here will one day be dancing on your proverbial
graves. That's what makes hanging around here worth it eventually.

Dan Skunk

May 10, 2004, 6:13:02 PM5/10/04

> In article <MPG.1b08aecdc...@news.critter.net>,
> Rick Pikul <rwp...@sympatico.ca> wrote:
>

> > It also seems to be part of why he can't hold down a job[1],
> > supposedly he acts in RL the same way he does online.
>
> I'm just curious in knowing just why you seem to think my behavious is
> subject to your approval?

I think that was more of a cheap shot than righteous indignation. (Not
really what I was looking for.)

Your behaviour is not subject to anyone's approval--except if you decide to
do something illegal. I'm just wondering what you're so upset about.

Dan Skunk

May 10, 2004, 6:13:34 PM5/10/04

> In article <F7Rnc.17572$k24.3912@fed1read01>,
> "Elliot" <ellio...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> > "mhirtes" <m...@nospambots.com> wrote in message
> >
> > > behavious
> >
> > some new latin word that I'm unfamiliar with? :-P
> > (sorry, had to correct that one since the keys are a bit spaced)
>
> Ahhhh yes. The classic "grammar nazi" attitude that furries are
> legendery for. Ignore the message, but nitpick over a mere typo.

That would be a fallacy of relevance.

Dan Skunk

May 10, 2004, 6:15:35 PM5/10/04

"Juan F. Lara" <lj...@ces.clemson.edu> wrote in message

> In article <c7mjsa$1jub$2...@velox.critter.net>,
> PlanetFur <nos...@nospam.planetfur.com> wrote:
> >People won't buy his FurPlay 'zines anymore (Yes, Hirtes published them
> >long time ago) and no one will do his harem fetish for free.
>
> He used to slam on anybody that bashed furries then as he's slamming
on
> furry fans now.

Hmm... Perhaps he's just very passionate about his beliefs. Now what make
him change is the question?

Dan Skunk

May 10, 2004, 6:18:51 PM5/10/04

"mhirtes" <m...@nospambots.com> wrote in message

Meh... People are free to hold their own opinions. I, of course, care if
they have some misguided negative opinion of me and am happy to discuss it
with them... There comes a point where you have to just let them be and
move on to a more profitable venture.

Dan Skunk

May 10, 2004, 6:27:57 PM5/10/04

> In article <c7mq6f$9ae$1...@hubcap.clemson.edu>,
> lj...@ces.clemson.edu (Juan F. Lara) wrote:
>
> > In article <c7mjsa$1jub$2...@velox.critter.net>,
> > PlanetFur <nos...@nospam.planetfur.com> wrote:
> > >People won't buy his FurPlay 'zines anymore (Yes, Hirtes published them
> > >long time ago) and no one will do his harem fetish for free.
> >
> > He used to slam on anybody that bashed furries then as he's
slamming on
> > furry fans now.
>
> Yeah, becasue I finally woke up and saw furrydom for the twisted
> sadistic pack of criminally-insane assholes they really are.

"Assholes." Aha! So people did rub you the wrong way.

Who did what?

I'm a furry, and I'm not an asshole; therefore, not all furries are
assholes. :)

> Sorry, but the "Once a furry, always a furry" crap won't flush.

*nods* People move on from one interest to another. Nothing wrong with
that.

> > > So, furries are an injustice he must wipe out because of these.
> > > At least, that's all I can figure out.
> >
> > Isn't there any way to have his internet access shut down?
>
> Gee. If only I had a car for you goons to plant your fat asses onto and
> keep from leaving (that IS what you like to do with those who dare to
> disagree).
>
> > All these
> > posts, particularly the one where he threatens people at a furrycon,
>
> Where did I make any threats? Aw jeez! You guys see threats in
> EVERYthing, don't you? A crude drawing of a web site logo, and now this
> lying sack of shit is trying to say I'm making threats.

The 'blowing up furries and watching them burn' thing was somewhat
threatening.

> Idiot, PUH-LEEZE!

Dan Skunk

May 10, 2004, 6:35:29 PM5/10/04

"mhirtes" <m...@nospambots.com> wrote in message

What delusion would that be?

I'm furry, and I don't think I'm deluded. I don't *believe* I'm really a
skunk. I don't believe were superior to non-furries. Sure, I think we have
our good points. Most furries I see are open and honest about their
feelings and are accepting of others and they're fun to play with and are
not afraid of showing affection for people. I don't think furry is the only
way to achieve these goals though.

Dan Skunk

May 10, 2004, 6:28:53 PM5/10/04

"mhirtes" <m...@nospambots.com> wrote in message

Let's enlighten him then, shall we? :)

Dan Skunk

May 10, 2004, 6:29:21 PM5/10/04

"Robert Hudson" <rhu...@dreamscape.com> wrote in message

Naw. I'm too nice.

Dan Skunk

May 10, 2004, 6:30:21 PM5/10/04

"Paul Johnson" <ba...@ursine.ca> wrote in message

> "Dan Skunk" <_@rogers.com> writes:
>
> > What horrable injustice was perpetrated on mhirtes by furries to
engender
> > such resentment towards them?
>
> His own horrible paranoia is getting to him. Had you read the
> archives and lurked for a bit, this would have become immediately
> evident.

"Paranoia" Hmm...

This mystery might take a while to solve.

Tamar

May 10, 2004, 9:18:31 PM5/10/04
You looked at there dicks?

--
Shawntae Howard
www.extinctioners.com

"mouse" <mo...@blackvault.com> wrote in message

Tamar

May 10, 2004, 9:20:10 PM5/10/04
It's called obsessive compulsive syndrome.

--
Shawntae Howard
www.extinctioners.com

"PlanetFur" <nos...@nospam.planetfur.com> wrote in message

mouse

May 10, 2004, 11:59:02 PM5/10/04
"Dan Skunk" <_@rogers.com> wrote in news:c7p05s$2eeu$1...@velox.critter.net:

> What delusion would that be?
>
> I'm furry, and I don't think I'm deluded. I don't *believe* I'm really a
> skunk.

shutup troll.

Wanderer

May 11, 2004, 1:10:19 AM5/11/04
"mhirtes" <m...@nospambots.com> wrote in message

> Don't expect the furries to even admit it. They think they're perfect in
> all things.
>
> It's that MASSIVE delusion they have of themselves, you see.

In other words, he doesn't know, either. It's the same thing he said back
when I asked, in '97 or '98, and he hasn't changed a keystroke since.

Come on, Mikey, admit you've completely furgotten what you're so mad at
everyone in the world that lieks cartoons about. Admitting you have a
problem is the first step...

Yours wolfishly,

The straightforward,

Wanderer
wand...@ticnet.com

"Where am I going? I don't quite know.
What does it matter *where* people go?
Down to the woods where the bluebells grow!
Anywhere! Anywhere! *I* don't know!"
-- a. a. milne

Steven R. Addlesee

May 11, 2004, 1:34:14 AM5/11/04
mhirtes <m...@nospambots.com> wrote in message news:<mh-B6BFA9.05...@news.central.cox.net>...

> > It also seems to be part of why he can't hold down a job[1],
> > supposedly he acts in RL the same way he does online.
>
> I'm just curious in knowing just why you seem to think my behavious is
> subject to your approval?

Actually, that IS a valid question.

Steven R. Addlesee

Steven R. Addlesee

May 11, 2004, 1:40:43 AM5/11/04
mhirtes <m...@nospambots.com> wrote in message news:<mh-42A895.16...@news.central.cox.net>...

> > some new latin word that I'm unfamiliar with? :-P
> > (sorry, had to correct that one since the keys are a bit spaced)
>
> Ahhhh yes. The classic "grammar nazi" attitude that furries are
> legendery for. Ignore the message, but nitpick over a mere typo.

True. Then there's either the "subject change", or the complete
meltdown with insults, or "hold me back" when they actually threaten
to "get even" when they see you at the next convention (hell, I part
the ring ropes for them).

Steven R. Addlesee

Steven R. Addlesee

May 11, 2004, 1:54:55 AM5/11/04
mhirtes <m...@nospambots.com> wrote in message news:<mh-BE5F57.04...@news.central.cox.net>...

> Yeah, becasue I finally woke up and saw furrydom for the twisted
> sadistic pack of criminally-insane assholes they really are.
>
> Sorry, but the "Once a furry, always a furry" crap won't flush.

I remember when they recently made the same claim about me, although I
retired from furdom four years ago. Then they took the time to slam
me to the point to where if I was asked if I wanted to return to
furdom, I'd reply "not even if it'd end the war in Iraq and help the
space program". As if I'd rejoin such a conditional and fickle genre
of fandom (even Trek fandom isn't that bad).

Steven R. Addlesee

Steven R. Addlesee

May 11, 2004, 2:04:21 AM5/11/04
mhirtes <m...@nospambots.com> wrote in message news:<mh-BE5F57.04...@news.central.cox.net>...

> Yeah, becasue I finally woke up and saw furrydom for the twisted

> sadistic pack of criminally-insane assholes they really are.
>
> Sorry, but the "Once a furry, always a furry" crap won't flush.

I remember when they recently made the same claim about me, although I

Steven R. Addlesee

May 11, 2004, 2:09:19 AM5/11/04
"Dan Skunk" <_@rogers.com> wrote in message news:<c7p05s$2eeu$1...@velox.critter.net>...

> "mhirtes" <m...@nospambots.com> wrote in message
> > Don't expect the furries to even admit it. They think they're perfect in
> > all things.
> >
> > It's that MASSIVE delusion they have of themselves, you see.
>
> What delusion would that be?
>
> I'm furry, and I don't think I'm deluded. I don't *believe* I'm really a
> skunk. I don't believe were superior to non-furries. Sure, I think we have
> our good points. Most furries I see are open and honest about their
> feelings and are accepting of others and they're fun to play with and are
> not afraid of showing affection for people. I don't think furry is the only
> way to achieve these goals though.

Hokay....Mike does tend to lump "all" instead of "some" or "most" when
he makes his comments about furdom. I was in furdom for seven years,
and while I met some good people, I certainly dealt with and endured
the SMOFs, policymakers, artgods, fanboys, and other assorted
villainy. They were part of my reasons for leaving furdom. However,
compared to Mike Hirtes, I left more quietly.

Steven R. Addlesee

Wanderer

May 11, 2004, 2:15:47 AM5/11/04
> shutup troll.

PKB. Bye-bye, now...

Yours wolfishly,

The drive-by-commenting,

Wanderer

May 11, 2004, 2:37:25 AM5/11/04
"Steven R. Addlesee" <carc...@atlantic.net> wrote in message

> Hokay....Mike does tend to lump "all" instead of "some" or "most" when
> he makes his comments about furdom. I was in furdom for seven years,
> and while I met some good people, I certainly dealt with and endured
> the SMOFs, policymakers, artgods, fanboys, and other assorted
> villainy. They were part of my reasons for leaving furdom. However,
> compared to Mike Hirtes, I left more quietly.

<polite coughs> Er, just one difference, Steve...

You left.:)

Yours wolfishly,

The fact-reminding,

mhirtes

May 11, 2004, 4:15:15 AM5/11/04
In article <c7p9ob$2nf5$1...@velox.critter.net>, "Tamar" <how...@erie.net>
wrote:

> It's called obsessive compulsive syndrome.

Doesn't seem to have any punch to it when it's a FURRY that's making the
accusation.

Seriously. It doesn't.

It's like Smeagol calling Al Bundy "dysfunctional".

mhirtes

May 11, 2004, 4:18:07 AM5/11/04
In article <f86d0e99.04051...@posting.google.com>,

And, I do not intend to make it easy for furrydumb and go down quietly
either. I've seen too many good people just pick up and exit the genre,
and with each exit, the percentage of asswipes in furrydumb goes up by
sheer attrition of the ones who are still sane.

mhirtes

May 11, 2004, 4:27:25 AM5/11/04
In article <f86d0e99.04051...@posting.google.com>,
carc...@atlantic.net (Steven R. Addlesee) wrote:

The way furries seem to portray me (I mean, just look at how large this
thread has become already. That is a GLARING indication), they would
think my entrance to a furrycon would be when the lights go dim, a
bone-chilling draft runs throughout the hotel, and the elevator walls
drip would with blood (which would be a nice change of pace over the
USUAL body fluid that happens on elevator walls when furries hold a con
somewhere. <g>).

Five years ago, I would be almost near-suicidal from the amount of abuse
being heaped on me by these fucks (and you just KNOW they would be happy
as Hell to be able to pull that off to, because that's the way these
bastards are. They'll fuck over in a heartbeat without even thinking
about it, "just because").

Fortunately since, their crap not only bounces off me, but I'm actually
LAUGHING at them whenever they try. It's kinda rewarding to know that in
spite of mutants like "Bondage Bob" or larcenistic sleazeballs like
Kevin Duane, furrydom holds me in such massive contempt that they forget
all about "Bob" and Kevin and make ME into the Devil.

Wanderer

May 11, 2004, 5:57:54 AM5/11/04
<snip>

Since "Bob" is taking his meds and Duane isn't making much noise, you're the
only glaringly visible person to be mad about. After all, Mr. Hirtes, you
post regularly, dumping a fresh load of manure on these fertile grounds as
soon as you can squeeze it out. "Bob" was a convention threat before he got
the correct medication, and Kevin Duane I don't hear much about these days.
You, however, take such delight in being our bogeyman that we would be
remiss to treat you in any other way.

Being such kind souls, we give you exactly what you ask for.:>

Yours wolfishly,

The grinning,

Wanderer

May 11, 2004, 5:59:12 AM5/11/04

> In article <c7p9ob$2nf5$1...@velox.critter.net>, "Tamar" <how...@erie.net>
> wrote:
> > It's called obsessive compulsive syndrome.
> >
> Doesn't seem to have any punch to it when it's a FURRY that's making the
> accusation.

And yet you post a reply.:>

> Seriously. It doesn't.

And yet you post a reply.:>

> It's like Smeagol calling Al Bundy "dysfunctional".

Keep reassuring yourself, Mr. Hirtes. Trust the preciousssss...

Yours wolfishly,

The widely-grinning,

Caged_Horse

May 11, 2004, 11:07:22 AM5/11/04
mhirtes wrote:
>Ahhhh yes. The classic "grammar nazi" attitude...

I take it you won't be buying the book 'Eats, Shoots & Leaves' then.

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/1592400876.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Was it the laying-down-the-law approach to grammar and punctuation that
put you off, or the anthro pandas?

Samantha Ann Patterson

May 11, 2004, 2:14:31 PM5/11/04
In article <mh-444DC6.03...@news.central.cox.net>,

mhirtes <m...@nospambots.com> wrote:

>The way furries seem to portray me (I mean, just look at how large this
>thread has become already. That is a GLARING indication), they would
>think my entrance to a furrycon would be when the lights go dim, a
>bone-chilling draft runs throughout the hotel, and the elevator walls
>drip would with blood (which would be a nice change of pace over the
>USUAL body fluid that happens on elevator walls when furries hold a con
>somewhere. <g>).

You know, you and I are not so different. Once upon a time, on FurryMUCK,
I was the great evil. My character there, Alendria, halted the 'Great
War between Good and Evil' by entering on behalf of neutrality and bombing
the battlefield with pacifism bombs. In going out of my way to piss off
one 'BigTuna', a joke-desc of hers also ended up as the centerfold of the
1992 WIRED! article that 'exposed the furries'. I received the 'NEVER
DARKEN MY DOORWAY AGAIN!' speech from Lance Rund because I made negative
comments about the spooging hermaphrodite artwork on the walls of the
house known as 'Voops and Loops'. To make things worse, I'm a left-
leaning atheist feminist vegetarian and one of those trans* freaks. I've
been described as "A demon that must be purged from the face of the Earth"
(this was said to my face). I've been labeled as the person who opened
the door for the AoLers, I've been described as a stuck-up prudish anti-
porn bitch (because I have taste, not because I dislike porn), etc, etc,
etc.

There are people _TO THIS DAY_ that whisper nastily about me (I know this
because other people occassionally warn me that someone has said something
derrogatory while my back was turned) BUT... (You knew there was a but
coming) I learned that you _can_ just walk away.

I thought it was pretty decent that you didn't say anything about Darrel's
marriage and I was very disappointed with him that he felt he needed to
go and bait you and call you names to get you to respond to him, so that
he could say you were jealous and waggle his girlfriend about like some
kind of cupie-doll trophy.

About six years ago I started learning to rechannel my energy. Why
respond to people who are attacking you? It doesn't solve anything, it
just gives them the attention that they want and makes them more likely
to throw stones at you next time. I started channeling my anger into
studies, work, art, things I loved. If someone called me anti-social I'd
go out to some social event with friends and have a good time just to
spite them rather than commenting on their deficiencies. Little by little,
I became seen as the friendly sociable, normal person and they became
seen as the pathetic hate-filled losers. Over time the worst of them
lost interest in me and turned to harassing other people. Most of the
rest... After a while, we'd talk, admit we'd both been jackasses and
become something like friends.

It takes a long time, and is a very slow change. You can't open up all
at once, and there are some people that you have to write off as 'Will
never evolve beyond the age of 12' and just put them in your ignore file.
Overall though, for me, at least, it's been worth it. I've lost many
of the things I didn't want and refound many things I'd lost. There are
good things out there in the fandom that originally drew my interest and
they're still there. I just got blinded by the bad parts for a while.

6 years ago, you wouldn't have caught me dead at a furry convention unless
it was with an uzi, spraying bullets. 5 years ago, I grudingly went with
a friend, ready to kick the Hell out of anyone who touched me and was
actually dismayed to find that I actually had a good time. Most of the
real freaks keep it in their hotel room and I really enjoyed the panels
on making things, writing, and drawing. It was like being in summer camp
when I was a child. Nowdays I actually have a pretty good time. If
nothing else, it's pretty funny when I run into one of the people who used
to give me a bad time and I'm hanging out with a bunch of people and
laughing and they have this expression of 'This can't be the same person'

I guess what I mean from all this is... A person who loses a leg can
spend the rest of their life being a helpless cripple or they can be
this guy and totally kick ass: http://www.kontraband.com/?p=movies.asp?ID=1120
Learn to identify the people who are actively trying to make you look
bad and ignore them. Laugh at them privately, go take a walk or paint
their head on a horse's ass or something. Just don't bother responding
to them. Accept that some 10-year-old quarrel isn't worth your time
and move on. Refind the things you lost and let the cancerous parts
eat themselves. Its not for you to worry about.

Steven R. Addlesee

May 11, 2004, 3:26:37 PM5/11/04
mhirtes <m...@nospambots.com> wrote in message news:<mh-444DC6.03...@news.central.cox.net>...

> The way furries seem to portray me (I mean, just look at how large this
> thread has become already. That is a GLARING indication),

Heck, how about the fact the posts started and stopped in September,
then in October, then were recently cranked up again.

> they would
> think my entrance to a furrycon would be when the lights go dim, a
> bone-chilling draft runs throughout the hotel, and the elevator walls
> drip would with blood (which would be a nice change of pace over the
> USUAL body fluid that happens on elevator walls when furries hold a con
> somewhere. <g>).

To think I was at THAT convention too.
Actually, I'd love for the lights to dim in the dealer's room, my
music playing over the intercom. Wrestler's mentality and all that.

> Five years ago, I would be almost near-suicidal from the amount of abuse
> being heaped on me by these fucks (and you just KNOW they would be happy
> as Hell to be able to pull that off to, because that's the way these
> bastards are. They'll fuck over in a heartbeat without even thinking
> about it, "just because").

There was a time during my tenure in furdom where I thought it
essential to "get along" so I could "hold court". When I learned that
it wasn't my talent, but what kind of spooge art I could produce, or
when was I going to lean to port and get in that Otter Pool that MAY
put my star on the furry walk of fame, suddenly being "famous" in that
genre of fandom didn't appeal to me. However, they liked me in
Tucson.

> Fortunately since, their crap not only bounces off me, but I'm actually
> LAUGHING at them whenever they try. It's kinda rewarding to know that in
> spite of mutants like "Bondage Bob" or larcenistic sleazeballs like
> Kevin Duane, furrydom holds me in such massive contempt that they forget
> all about "Bob" and Kevin and make ME into the Devil.

That IS a point. You don't take their money, their artwork, their
dignity, yet you're the "main heel". I think (I said "think", not
"know") the reason you catch copper-plated hell is because you show
what's "under the rug" in furdom, and the utopians get bent about it.

Steven R. Addlesee

Steven R. Addlesee

May 11, 2004, 3:31:08 PM5/11/04
"Wanderer" <wand...@ticnet.com> wrote in message news:<10a0t54...@corp.supernews.com>...

> "Steven R. Addlesee" <carc...@atlantic.net> wrote in message
> > Hokay....Mike does tend to lump "all" instead of "some" or "most" when
> > he makes his comments about furdom. I was in furdom for seven years,
> > and while I met some good people, I certainly dealt with and endured
> > the SMOFs, policymakers, artgods, fanboys, and other assorted
> > villainy. They were part of my reasons for leaving furdom. However,
> > compared to Mike Hirtes, I left more quietly.
> >

> <polite coughs> Er, just one difference, Steve...
>
> You left.:)

Well...that's true (heh).

Steven R. Addlesee

Steven R. Addlesee

May 11, 2004, 3:43:36 PM5/11/04
mhirtes <m...@nospambots.com> wrote in message news:<mh-012292.03...@news.central.cox.net>...

> > Hokay....Mike does tend to lump "all" instead of "some" or "most" when
> > he makes his comments about furdom. I was in furdom for seven years,
> > and while I met some good people, I certainly dealt with and endured
> > the SMOFs, policymakers, artgods, fanboys, and other assorted
> > villainy. They were part of my reasons for leaving furdom. However,
> > compared to Mike Hirtes, I left more quietly.
> >

> And, I do not intend to make it easy for furrydumb and go down quietly
> either. I've seen too many good people just pick up and exit the genre,
> and with each exit, the percentage of asswipes in furrydumb goes up by
> sheer attrition of the ones who are still sane.

That's true. When I was in APAs and one fandom-related club, I was
pretty much the "bastard son", the controversial one. I was the bane
of "the good people". It took years, but eventually I went from
"bastard son" to the fella running the APA or group. In my Yahoo!
group there's no flamewars. On Friday night I open up a chatroom and
we all just have a good time (usually at my expense). I've learned
that it isn't quantity it's quality. I don't need a thousand people
in FoA, just the dedicated few that I do have. I don't need 50 people
in my chatroom, just the handful that come in. I guess that's why I
didn't look back when I left furdom, it was just a matter of what I
valued.

Steven R. Addlesee

Juan F. Lara

May 11, 2004, 3:36:09 PM5/11/04
In article <f86d0e99.0405...@posting.google.com>,

Steven R. Addlesee <carc...@atlantic.net> wrote:
>That IS a point. You don't take their money, their artwork, their
>dignity, yet you're the "main heel". I think (I said "think", not
>"know") the reason you catch copper-plated hell is because you show
>what's "under the rug" in furdom, and the utopians get bent about it.

What are you talking about? Michael Hirtes never shows anything, under
the rug or above. All he ever does is write self-absorbed mouth-frothing
rants. He catches Hell because he's obsessed with trying to make life Hell for
people who were just minding their own business.

- Juan F. Lara
http://bellsouthpwp.net/l/a/lara6281/intro.html

Dan Skunk

May 11, 2004, 6:51:33 PM5/11/04

"mhirtes" <m...@nospambots.com> wrote in message

> Five years ago, I would be almost near-suicidal from the amount of abuse
> being heaped on me by these fucks (and you just KNOW they would be happy
> as Hell to be able to pull that off to, because that's the way these
> bastards are. They'll fuck over in a heartbeat without even thinking
> about it, "just because").

Gee. I don't think you're talking to the right furries. I don't abuse
anyone. Maybe you should try ALF instead. Seems more peacefull.

Dan Skunk

May 11, 2004, 6:52:45 PM5/11/04

> What are you talking about? Michael Hirtes never shows anything,
under
> the rug or above. All he ever does is write self-absorbed mouth-frothing
> rants. He catches Hell because he's obsessed with trying to make life
Hell for
> people who were just minding their own business.

Fight fire with water!

/me gives mhirtes a big warm hug. :)

Dan Skunk

May 11, 2004, 6:54:56 PM5/11/04

"mouse" <mo...@blackvault.com> wrote in message

> shutup troll.

Why would you say that?

Dan Skunk

May 11, 2004, 6:57:42 PM5/11/04

"Steven R. Addlesee" <carc...@atlantic.net> wrote in message

> That's true. When I was in APAs and one fandom-related club, I was
> pretty much the "bastard son", the controversial one. I was the bane
> of "the good people". It took years, but eventually I went from
> "bastard son" to the fella running the APA or group. In my Yahoo!
> group there's no flamewars. On Friday night I open up a chatroom and
> we all just have a good time (usually at my expense). I've learned
> that it isn't quantity it's quality. I don't need a thousand people
> in FoA, just the dedicated few that I do have. I don't need 50 people
> in my chatroom, just the handful that come in. I guess that's why I
> didn't look back when I left furdom, it was just a matter of what I
> valued.

So sad that you felt you needed to leave. You could not have stayed for the
sake of all the good people in the group?

Rick Pikul

May 11, 2004, 10:19:39 PM5/11/04
In article <c7ourp$2dci$1...@velox.critter.net>, _@rogers.com says...

> "mhirtes" <m...@nospambots.com> wrote in message
> > In article <MPG.1b08aecdc...@news.critter.net>,

> > Rick Pikul <rwp...@sympatico.ca> wrote:
> >

> > > It also seems to be part of why he can't hold down a job[1],
> > > supposedly he acts in RL the same way he does online.
> >
> > I'm just curious in knowing just why you seem to think my behavious is
> > subject to your approval?
>
> I think that was more of a cheap shot than righteous indignation. (Not
> really what I was looking for.)

That wasn't a cheap shot, just pointing out that Mike really can't
help himself and thus should be given consideration for his disability
the same way those with physical infirmities get semi-reserved parking
spaces so that they don't have to walk all the way across a parking lot.

If I were to make a cheap shot, I'd go after his regular confusion
of who wrote the post he is replying to, and of reading in things that no
one has brought up.

--
Phoenix

Rick Pikul

May 11, 2004, 10:19:29 PM5/11/04
In article <c7mq6f$9ae$1...@hubcap.clemson.edu>, lj...@ces.clemson.edu
says...
> In article <c7mjsa$1jub$2...@velox.critter.net>,
> PlanetFur <nos...@nospam.planetfur.com> wrote:
> >People won't buy his FurPlay 'zines anymore (Yes, Hirtes published them
> >long time ago) and no one will do his harem fetish for free.
>
> He used to slam on anybody that bashed furries then as he's slamming on
> furry fans now.
>
> > So, furries are an injustice he must wipe out because of these.
> > At least, that's all I can figure out.
>
> Isn't there any way to have his internet access shut down? All these
> posts, particularly the one where he threatens people at a furrycon, are
> clearly a pattern of harrassment.

Not really, his ISP is at least a border-line abuse haven and is
known to ignore clear violation of their TOS.

> Isn't it also possible to third party
> cancel him?

For what he's doing? No.

He doesn't hit a BI of 20, post binaries to non-binary groups, or
forge other peoples addresses.

--
Phoenix

Rick Pikul

May 11, 2004, 10:55:29 PM5/11/04
In article <f86d0e99.04051...@posting.google.com>,
carc...@atlantic.net says...

It just has nothing to do with what I posted.

--
Phoenix

Steven R. Addlesee

May 12, 2004, 12:24:35 AM5/12/04
"Dan Skunk" <_@rogers.com> wrote in message news:<c7rlri$2f9$1...@velox.critter.net>...

> So sad that you felt you needed to leave. You could not have stayed for the
> sake of all the good people in the group?

That's a valid question. The valid answer is although I met some good
people in furdom, we were merely "convention friends". We'd hook up
at conventions, maybe go out for dinner, but afterwards our separate
lives went on (especially for me as I lived in Salt Lake City at the
time, and there's no furdom over there).

After my last ConFurence and ZonieCon in 2000, knowing I'd be moving
back to my hometown of Columbus Georgia in 2001, it was merely
"goodbye, farewell and amen". I figured if the good folk wanted
to stay in touch with me, they would. These days, just one person
stays in constant contact with me, yet he's a great friend.

But it's best I stay on the outside of furdom. Even while part of
furdom for seven years, I always felt and was usually treated as an
outsider. Know your role, and I've learned so very well.

"Damn, Gaunt. You sure have gotten cold."
"I had good teachers."

Steven R. Addlesee

Steven R. Addlesee

May 12, 2004, 12:44:33 AM5/12/04
lj...@ces.clemson.edu (Juan F. Lara) wrote in message news:<c7r9v9$5p1$1...@hubcap.clemson.edu>...

> What are you talking about? Michael Hirtes never shows anything, under
> the rug or above. All he ever does is write self-absorbed mouth-frothing
> rants. He catches Hell because he's obsessed with trying to make life Hell for
> people who were just minding their own business.

If reading Mike's posts make them that over-reactive, they either need
to develop some thicker hides or stop reading his posts.

I said this before in another thread. Mike returns what he's given.
He gets slammed, he slams back. He's never slammed me. Now, before I
get hit with the "sockpuppet" accusations, Mike and I have never met,
he and I are diametrically opposed on the political spectrum, yet he
and I associate just fine. That's more than I can say for some who
came at me hard a few months back with their "once a furry, always a
furry" sloganeering.

Yet y'all should understand Mike Hirtes is Mike Hirtes. Usually what
I read is his post, then he gets slammed by those who reply. Usually
they attack him instead of his comment, then Mike fires back. Then
there's the dogpile. Yet, in the meantime, the SAME people who
usually dogpile Mike are patting themselves and like-minded people on
the back about how "tolerant" and "benevolent" they are, but they'd
LOVE to literally destroy Mike Hirtes. That's a double-standard.

Granted, Mike Hirtes isn't perfect, but he isn't all that wrong, or
that evil. Now those who've ripped off fans, stolen artwork, or have
set themselves up in their idea of Elysium to where some people can't
approach them, now they are a greater evil.

Steven R. Addlesee

Steven R. Addlesee

May 12, 2004, 12:59:11 AM5/12/04
"Dan Skunk" <_@rogers.com> wrote in message news:<c7rli9$236$1...@velox.critter.net>...

> Fight fire with water!
>
> /me gives mhirtes a big warm hug. :)

Actually, that's not a bad idea. I know that some people in a.f.f.
CAN'T survive without participating in or starting a flamewar. A
cease-fire would last all of maybe three hours, until the new posts
cycle through. Mike wouldn't want a sarcastically-given "hug" as much
as he'd want someone to understand his point of view.

Please keep in mind that there's many others who feel the same as Mike
does about the state of furdom, he just expresses himself more
passionatly than others. Perhaps if Mike made his posts with less
passion, he wouldn't be slammed as much as he usually is. He's not a
"lone voice" in the wilderness.

Back when I wss getting hammered with "once a furry, always a furry"
by some adversaries, one poster stepped up and posted that despite my
getting hammered, I never attacked the poster, just the post. For
those who tried to escalate it to an unrealistic degree, I just let
them be and they went away.

It's odd that I, of all people, am trying to be the voice of reason.

Steven R. Addlesee

Pyesetz the Dog

May 12, 2004, 2:13:57 AM5/12/04
On Tue, 11 May 2004 11:07:22 +0000, Caged_Horse wrote:
> I take it you won't be buying the book 'Eats, Shoots & Leaves' then.
> http://images.amazon.com/images/P/1592400876.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg
>
> Was it the laying-down-the-law approach to grammar and punctuation that
> put you off, or the anthro pandas?

I read that book. An officemate of mine bought it from amazon.uk and
imported it to the US. The authoress is mostly correct in her points,
except where she claims that online forums are destroying the language!

But this is totally OT...

-- Pyesetz the Dog
http://www.pyesetz.furtopia.org

Pyesetz the Dog

May 12, 2004, 2:17:44 AM5/12/04
On Tue, 11 May 2004 18:51:33 +0000, Dan Skunk wrote:
> Maybe you should try ALF instead. Seems more peacefull.

Are you trying to get mhirtes and Snuhwolf to have a turf war? I'm
placing my bets on Snuhfie.

mhirtes

May 12, 2004, 6:04:01 AM5/12/04
In article <c7rlg3$229$1...@velox.critter.net>, "Dan Skunk" <_@rogers.com>
wrote:

> "mhirtes" <m...@nospambots.com> wrote in message
>
> > Five years ago, I would be almost near-suicidal from the amount of abuse
> > being heaped on me by these fucks (and you just KNOW they would be happy
> > as Hell to be able to pull that off to, because that's the way these
> > bastards are. They'll fuck over in a heartbeat without even thinking
> > about it, "just because").
>
> Gee. I don't think you're talking to the right furries.

As if there were any other kind out there. Jeez!

mhirtes

May 12, 2004, 6:07:50 AM5/12/04
In article <c7r9v9$5p1$1...@hubcap.clemson.edu>,

lj...@ces.clemson.edu (Juan F. Lara) wrote:

> In article <f86d0e99.0405...@posting.google.com>,
> Steven R. Addlesee <carc...@atlantic.net> wrote:
> >That IS a point. You don't take their money, their artwork, their
> >dignity, yet you're the "main heel". I think (I said "think", not
> >"know") the reason you catch copper-plated hell is because you show
> >what's "under the rug" in furdom, and the utopians get bent about it.
>
> What are you talking about? Michael Hirtes never shows anything, under
> the rug or above.

mhirtes

May 12, 2004, 6:13:27 AM5/12/04
In article <f86d0e99.04051...@posting.google.com>,
carc...@atlantic.net (Steven R. Addlesee) wrote:

> "Dan Skunk" <_@rogers.com> wrote in message
>
> > Fight fire with water!
> >
> > /me gives mhirtes a big warm hug. :)
>
> Actually, that's not a bad idea. I know that some people in a.f.f.
> CAN'T survive without participating in or starting a flamewar. A
> cease-fire would last all of maybe three hours, until the new posts
> cycle through. Mike wouldn't want a sarcastically-given "hug" as much
> as he'd want someone to understand his point of view.
>
> Please keep in mind that there's many others who feel the same as Mike
> does about the state of furdom, he just expresses himself more
> passionatly than others. Perhaps if Mike made his posts with less
> passion, he wouldn't be slammed as much as he usually is. He's not a
> "lone voice" in the wilderness.

True, but as everyone knows, furrdom isn't receptive to sublety.

> Back when I wss getting hammered with "once a furry, always a furry"
> by some adversaries, one poster stepped up and posted that despite my
> getting hammered, I never attacked the poster, just the post. For
> those who tried to escalate it to an unrealistic degree, I just let
> them be and they went away.
>
> It's odd that I, of all people, am trying to be the voice of reason.

In the world of the blind, the one-eyed man is King.

mhirtes

May 12, 2004, 6:29:01 AM5/12/04
In article <40a11807$0$437$8ee...@newsreader.tycho.net>,

Yep. That sounds like Lance Link.....I mean Rund, all right. The guy's a
total weasel.

> There are people _TO THIS DAY_ that whisper nastily about me (I know this
> because other people occassionally warn me that someone has said something
> derrogatory while my back was turned) BUT... (You knew there was a but
> coming) I learned that you _can_ just walk away.

Sometimes, you have to wonder if the ones going "I heard someone say
THIS about you....."are the actual ones doing the dissing right in your
face but are just candycoating it with some crap about "someone" just to
cover their asses? I've had this tactic pulled on me a few times myself,
and I was actually more offended at the idea that they thought I was so
STUPID to think I would fall for such a cheap ruse.

> I thought it was pretty decent that you didn't say anything about Darrel's
> marriage and I was very disappointed with him that he felt he needed to
> go and bait you and call you names to get you to respond to him, so that
> he could say you were jealous and waggle his girlfriend about like some
> kind of cupie-doll trophy.

What do you mean "like some"? I saw right through it just by looking at
the headers alone.

And to be honest, I doubt a guy with his type of personality is gonna
get far in that marriage, IMO. It's just an honest observation.

> About six years ago I started learning to rechannel my energy. Why
> respond to people who are attacking you? It doesn't solve anything, it
> just gives them the attention that they want and makes them more likely
> to throw stones at you next time. I started channeling my anger into
> studies, work, art, things I loved. If someone called me anti-social I'd
> go out to some social event with friends and have a good time just to
> spite them rather than commenting on their deficiencies. Little by little,
> I became seen as the friendly sociable, normal person and they became
> seen as the pathetic hate-filled losers. Over time the worst of them
> lost interest in me and turned to harassing other people. Most of the
> rest... After a while, we'd talk, admit we'd both been jackasses and
> become something like friends.

I'm afraid there can be no such truce with furrydumb. It's like trying
to make peace with NAMBLA or Al Queda.

> It takes a long time, and is a very slow change. You can't open up all
> at once, and there are some people that you have to write off as 'Will
> never evolve beyond the age of 12' and just put them in your ignore file.
> Overall though, for me, at least, it's been worth it. I've lost many
> of the things I didn't want and refound many things I'd lost. There are
> good things out there in the fandom that originally drew my interest and
> they're still there. I just got blinded by the bad parts for a while.
>
> 6 years ago, you wouldn't have caught me dead at a furry convention unless
> it was with an uzi, spraying bullets.

Nah. Ya gotta nuke 'em from orbit (the only way to be sure).

> 5 years ago, I grudingly went with
> a friend, ready to kick the Hell out of anyone who touched me and was
> actually dismayed to find that I actually had a good time. Most of the
> real freaks keep it in their hotel room and I really enjoyed the panels
> on making things, writing, and drawing. It was like being in summer camp
> when I was a child. Nowdays I actually have a pretty good time. If
> nothing else, it's pretty funny when I run into one of the people who used
> to give me a bad time and I'm hanging out with a bunch of people and
> laughing and they have this expression of 'This can't be the same person'

I doubt I'd get the same reception. You see, these freaks will go out of
their way to fuck with me and try to ruin my trip. They've done it every
time exept for the last time I went to the West Coat, and that's because
my disgust for furrydumb was in full bloom and I made DAMN sure to avoid
them.

And to those of you (I'm not addressing Sam here) who may still wanna
be persistent, just remeber two simple words: "Hotel Security". Or, how
about two other words: "Metro Police". I doubt they will be open minded
about the "But, he's Michael Hirtes" excuse to attack me as you think it
may be amongst your insular kind.

> I guess what I mean from all this is... A person who loses a leg can
> spend the rest of their life being a helpless cripple or they can be
> this guy and totally kick ass:
> http://www.kontraband.com/?p=movies.asp?ID=1120
> Learn to identify the people who are actively trying to make you look
> bad and ignore them.

The problem is, that means that they get away with what they pulled and
will continue to do it against others. Others have tried to ignore furry
fandom and some have simply picked up and walked out of it (anyne know
whatever happened to Mike Sagara, kids?), but the assholes and freaks
remain to cause more misery for others.

Furries don't respond to the "Minister Chamberlain" approach. They see
silence as approval, and non-resistence as weakness.

I know you're only trying to help, Sam. But Furrydom truly needs to be
destroyed.

mhirtes

May 12, 2004, 6:30:37 AM5/12/04
In article <10a18t2...@corp.supernews.com>,
"Wanderer" <wand...@ticnet.com> wrote:

> <snip>
>
> Since "Bob" is taking his meds and Duane isn't making much noise, you're the
> only glaringly visible person to be mad about. After all, Mr. Hirtes, you
> post regularly, dumping a fresh load of manure on these fertile grounds as
> soon as you can squeeze it out. "Bob" was a convention threat before he got
> the correct medication, and Kevin Duane I don't hear much about these days.
> You, however, take such delight in being our bogeyman that we would be
> remiss to treat you in any other way.

LOL! As if there was such a thing as a pill that makes someone stop
acting like a shitclown for "Bhawwwwndage" and you think that Kevin
hasn't ripped anyone off since last week, you think everything's fine in
Furry Land.

Samantha Ann Patterson

May 12, 2004, 11:41:48 AM5/12/04
In article <f86d0e99.04051...@posting.google.com>,

Steven R. Addlesee <carc...@atlantic.net> wrote:
>lj...@ces.clemson.edu (Juan F. Lara) wrote in message
>
>> What are you talking about? Michael Hirtes never shows anything, under
>> the rug or above. All he ever does is write self-absorbed mouth-frothing
>> rants. He catches Hell because he's obsessed with trying to make life
>Hell for
>> people who were just minding their own business.
>
>If reading Mike's posts make them that over-reactive, they either need
>to develop some thicker hides or stop reading his posts.
>
>I said this before in another thread. Mike returns what he's given.
>He gets slammed, he slams back. He's never slammed me. Now, before I
>get hit with the "sockpuppet" accusations, Mike and I have never met,

As someone who doesn't care who is in/out of 'the fandom' (whatever that
is) I find a lot of your post sort of whiny and self-serving but I will
agree with the above part. I find some of Mr Hirtes posts repeditive
and tedious but more often than not it's when he's responding to someone
and he doesn't bother me although we strongly disagree on some topics.

People seem to take this thing way too personally sometimes.

Steven R. Addlesee

May 12, 2004, 12:32:40 PM5/12/04
mhirtes <m...@nospambots.com> wrote in message news:<mh-1D5B23.05...@news.central.cox.net>...

That's the utopian mentality some elements of furdom has. I guess by
that same line of reasoning, if you don't post for a week you'd be
warmly greeted at any furry convention. Heck, even I might be warmly
greeted as well.

Steven R. Addlesee

Steven R. Addlesee

May 12, 2004, 12:37:12 PM5/12/04
mhirtes <m...@nospambots.com> wrote in message news:<mh-C05735.05...@news.central.cox.net>...

> True, but as everyone knows, furrdom isn't receptive to sublety.

Agreed. There's been times I've had to practically call out people in
public just to get a "yes" or "no" answer" from them.

> In the world of the blind, the one-eyed man is King.

The way my vision is these days, that's close to the truth.

Steven R. Addlesee

Steven R. Addlesee

May 12, 2004, 1:04:32 PM5/12/04
cir...@deeptht.armory.com (Samantha Ann Patterson) wrote in message news:<40a11807$0$437$8ee...@newsreader.tycho.net>...

> You know, you and I are not so different. Once upon a time, on FurryMUCK,
> I was the great evil. My character there, Alendria, halted the 'Great
> War between Good and Evil' by entering on behalf of neutrality and bombing
> the battlefield with pacifism bombs. In going out of my way to piss off
> one 'BigTuna', a joke-desc of hers also ended up as the centerfold of the
> 1992 WIRED! article that 'exposed the furries'. I received the 'NEVER
> DARKEN MY DOORWAY AGAIN!' speech from Lance Rund because I made negative
> comments about the spooging hermaphrodite artwork on the walls of the
> house known as 'Voops and Loops'. To make things worse, I'm a left-
> leaning atheist feminist vegetarian and one of those trans* freaks. I've
> been described as "A demon that must be purged from the face of the Earth"
> (this was said to my face). I've been labeled as the person who opened
> the door for the AoLers, I've been described as a stuck-up prudish anti-
> porn bitch (because I have taste, not because I dislike porn), etc, etc,
> etc.

Heh...I feel like Lincoln Stern when the charges were read against him
in "Heavy Metal". Let's see: I'm "the biggest egomaniac that's EVER
been in furdom" (I always wondered if that was true why hasn't anyone
in furdom heard of me outside of maybe 30 people???). I'm "f'n' lazy"
because I don't load up VCL with pages of my artwork (I'm an inker f'r
cryin' out loud), or produce annually nakey portfolios of Fawn for
sale. I'm "stupid" because I didn't do as one well-known fan demanded
and move out to California with nothing more than what I could carry
in my car and LIVE in my car (which is against the law) until I could
find a pizza delivery job that MIGHT pay enough for me to rent an
apartment (give up a fair life in Salt Lake City to a life of poverty
and uncertainty in California....what the blue hell was I
thinking???). I'm "uncaring" because I didn't track down a rather
evasive furry artist and hold his hand when he was going through one
of his "crisis" against furdom (EVIL me had the audacity to find a new
server when I moved back to Georgia from Utah). Then there's the
biggie: I had the audacity to seek recognition for the work I did. I
didn't know I was just supposed to shut up and ink, and maybe
someone'd remember my name and I'd receive some sort of posthumous
award 20 years after my passing. As for something closer to the
truth, I lean to starboard (that's to the Right, stay out of church,
smoke cigars, eat red meat, drink cocktails, look at the occasional
naughty jpeg, and listen to 60s and 70s rock.

Boy....I'm absolutely EEEEEvil in most elements of furdom.

> I thought it was pretty decent that you didn't say anything about Darrel's
> marriage and I was very disappointed with him that he felt he needed to
> go and bait you and call you names to get you to respond to him, so that
> he could say you were jealous and waggle his girlfriend about like some
> kind of cupie-doll trophy.

Props to Mike Hirtes for showing restraint.

*snip*

> Learn to identify the people who are actively trying to make you look
> bad and ignore them. Laugh at them privately, go take a walk or paint
> their head on a horse's ass or something. Just don't bother responding
> to them. Accept that some 10-year-old quarrel isn't worth your time
> and move on. Refind the things you lost and let the cancerous parts
> eat themselves. Its not for you to worry about

You did real good here, Samantha. Thank you.

Steven R. Addlesee

Steven R. Addlesee

May 12, 2004, 1:13:09 PM5/12/04
mhirtes <m...@nospambots.com> wrote in message news:<mh-64C735.05...@news.central.cox.net>...

> I'm afraid there can be no such truce with furrydumb. It's like trying
> to make peace with NAMBLA or Al Queda.

Agreed. I could imagine what I'd have to do and give up just to get
an approving nod from certain people.

> The problem is, that means that they get away with what they pulled and
> will continue to do it against others. Others have tried to ignore furry
> fandom and some have simply picked up and walked out of it (anyne know
> whatever happened to Mike Sagara, kids?), but the assholes and freaks
> remain to cause more misery for others.
>
> Furries don't respond to the "Minister Chamberlain" approach. They see
> silence as approval, and non-resistence as weakness.

Agreed.

> I know you're only trying to help, Sam. But Furrydom truly needs to be
> destroyed.

Just certain elements IMHO.

Steven R. Addlesee

Steven R. Addlesee

May 12, 2004, 1:16:01 PM5/12/04
mhirtes <m...@nospambots.com> wrote in message news:<mh-A02D46.05...@news.central.cox.net>...

> > What are you talking about? Michael Hirtes never shows anything, under
> > the rug or above.
>
> Steve? Do I even NEED to make a comment about what Juan just said? :)

Nar...it's all right. There's other game out there.

Steven R. Addlesee

mhirtes

May 12, 2004, 2:59:35 PM5/12/04
In article <f86d0e99.04051...@posting.google.com>,
carc...@atlantic.net (Steven R. Addlesee) wrote:

Sometimes, when you see a portion of the apple all black and crawling
with maggots, it's time to toss the whole apple into the trash.

mhirtes

May 12, 2004, 3:00:32 PM5/12/04
In article <f86d0e99.04051...@posting.google.com>,
carc...@atlantic.net (Steven R. Addlesee) wrote:

> mhirtes <m...@nospambots.com> wrote in message
>
> > True, but as everyone knows, furrdom isn't receptive to sublety.
>
> Agreed. There's been times I've had to practically call out people in
> public just to get a "yes" or "no" answer" from them.

I'm still trying to get Mike Curtis to back up his claim, and notice how
he chickenshits and dodges after I've called his bluff.

Dan Skunk

May 12, 2004, 8:25:07 PM5/12/04

> That's the utopian mentality some elements of furdom has. I guess by
> that same line of reasoning, if you don't post for a week you'd be
> warmly greeted at any furry convention. Heck, even I might be warmly
> greeted as well.

I would. :)

Tamar

May 12, 2004, 11:38:02 PM5/12/04
Mike Sagara is currently doing the cover art for the upcoming Shanda the
Panda graphic novel published by Shanda Fantasy Arts. FYI.

--
Shawntae Howard
www.extinctioners.com

Tamar

May 12, 2004, 11:59:25 PM5/12/04
And you complain too much and had a much too big sense of self-importance.

Since you want to bring it up again.

--
Shawntae Howard
www.extinctioners.com

Steven R. Addlesee

May 13, 2004, 12:00:36 AM5/13/04
mhirtes <m...@nospambots.com> wrote in message news:<mh-73BDFC.13...@news.central.cox.net>...

> Sometimes, when you see a portion of the apple all black and crawling
> with maggots, it's time to toss the whole apple into the trash.

I've been out of the furdom loop for four years, has it gotten THAT bad?
It's probably a silly question, but a question I feel I should ask.

Steven R. Addlesee

Steven R. Addlesee

May 13, 2004, 12:04:46 AM5/13/04
cir...@deeptht.armory.com (Samantha Ann Patterson) wrote in message news:<40a245bb$0$431$8ee...@newsreader.tycho.net>...

> As someone who doesn't care who is in/out of 'the fandom' (whatever that
> is) I find a lot of your post sort of whiny and self-serving but I will
> agree with the above part. I find some of Mr Hirtes posts repeditive
> and tedious but more often than not it's when he's responding to someone
> and he doesn't bother me although we strongly disagree on some topics.
>
> People seem to take this thing way too personally sometimes.

Well...goodness...."whiny" and "self-serving". I'm sorry to have been
such a disappointment to you.

Steven R. Addlesee

Steven R. Addlesee

May 13, 2004, 2:35:42 AM5/13/04
"Dan Skunk" <_@rogers.com> wrote in message news:<c7ufbf$2btb$1...@velox.critter.net>...

Heh...if I returned to furdom, the ONLY place I'd be warmly greeted is in Tucson.

Steven R. Addlesee

Wanderer

May 13, 2004, 3:47:24 AM5/13/04
"Steven R. Addlesee" <carc...@atlantic.net> wrote in message

If you ask Mr. Hirtes, yes. If you ask Mouse, only the comics are worth
saving.

If you ask most of the rest of us?

Nah, not really. Some good, some bad, some ugly, but mostly
middle-of-the-road.

Yours wolfishly,

The simplifying,

Wanderer
wand...@ticnet.com

"Where am I going? I don't quite know.
What does it matter *where* people go?
Down to the woods where the bluebells grow!
Anywhere! Anywhere! *I* don't know!"
-- a. a. milne

mhirtes

May 13, 2004, 4:05:12 AM5/13/04
In article <f86d0e99.04051...@posting.google.com>,
carc...@atlantic.net (Steven R. Addlesee) wrote:

Seriously, it has.

mhirtes

May 13, 2004, 4:06:59 AM5/13/04
In article <c7uqiq$2m5l$1...@velox.critter.net>, "Tamar" <how...@erie.net>
wrote:

> Mike Sagara is currently doing the cover art for the upcoming Shanda the
> Panda graphic novel published by Shanda Fantasy Arts. FYI.

So, why DID he vanish for then?

Oh, I forgot. It's probably because of ME somehow, isn't it, furries?
It's always my fault about EVERYthing.

Wanderer

May 13, 2004, 4:16:32 AM5/13/04
"Steven R. Addlesee" <carc...@atlantic.net> wrote in message

<snip>

> I said this before in another thread. Mike returns what he's given.
> He gets slammed, he slams back. He's never slammed me. Now, before I
> get hit with the "sockpuppet" accusations, Mike and I have never met,

> he and I are diametrically opposed on the political spectrum, yet he
> and I associate just fine. That's more than I can say for some who
> came at me hard a few months back with their "once a furry, always a
> furry" sloganeering.

<snip>

Fursonally, I first approached Mike Hirtes with a gentle, polite correction
of a factual error in his post.

I got flamed like an Iraqi bunker.

You do the math, sir. I've had a long night. But he does not just give
what he gets.

Yours having been slapped hard enough by the Hurte-ful one, thanks,

The wolfish,

Wanderer

May 13, 2004, 4:30:01 AM5/13/04
"Steven R. Addlesee" <carc...@atlantic.net> wrote in message

> mhirtes <m...@nospambots.com> wrote in message
> > In article <10a18t2...@corp.supernews.com>,
> > "Wanderer" <wand...@ticnet.com> wrote:
> > > <snip>
> > > Since "Bob" is taking his meds and Duane isn't making much noise,
you're the
> > > only glaringly visible person to be mad about. After all, Mr. Hirtes,
you
> > > post regularly, dumping a fresh load of manure on these fertile
grounds as
> > > soon as you can squeeze it out. "Bob" was a convention threat before
he got
> > > the correct medication, and Kevin Duane I don't hear much about these
days.
> > > You, however, take such delight in being our bogeyman that we would be
> > > remiss to treat you in any other way.
> > LOL! As if there was such a thing as a pill that makes someone stop
> > acting like a shitclown for "Bhawwwwndage" and you think that Kevin
> > hasn't ripped anyone off since last week, you think everything's fine in
> > Furry Land.

Firstly, there is such a pill. It's called "anti-psychotics", and is often
prescribed for schizophrenia patients. During my own misdiagnosis, I came
to know this entirely too well. (Also, it's very rude to call him that when
you know he can't defend himself. He doesn't post, remember?) As long as
he's on his medication, he has better impulse control; e.g., he doesn't walk
up to every artist in the dealer's room and start asking them to draw fetish
pics over and over and over and over again. Do I really need to point out
the last known encounter with "Bob" yet again, or can you be bothered to
look up the last time I quoted it to you?

Second, I said I don't hear much about Duane. That means I don't know what
he's doing. Haven't a clue. No input. File not found. 404. No data
available. Haven't seen him. Je ne sais pas. Haven't the faintest.
Haven't the foggiest. Wouldn't know.

<headscratch> Come to think... who is he, again?

So asking me to be angry with someone I don't remember over something I
don't know is something of a stretch, don't you think?

> That's the utopian mentality some elements of furdom has. I guess by
> that same line of reasoning, if you don't post for a week you'd be
> warmly greeted at any furry convention. Heck, even I might be warmly
> greeted as well.

Firstly, thanks a lump.:/ I'm not utopian, and only intermittently
optimistic. I just refuse to bash someone who's gotten help, and don't like
hurling abuse at people I don't even remember for things I don't know.

Secondly, try MFM. They're very welcoming. Heck, if a punster as lousy as
me can be welcomed... :>

Yours with a grin,

Steven R. Addlesee

May 13, 2004, 12:31:05 PM5/13/04
"Tamar" <how...@erie.net> wrote in message news:<c7urqs$2n94$1...@velox.critter.net>...

> And you complain too much and had a much too big sense of self-importance.
>
> Since you want to bring it up again.

As much as I'd like to get into this yet again with you, I won't feed the troll.

Steven R. Addlesee

Steven R. Addlesee

May 13, 2004, 12:39:13 PM5/13/04
"Wanderer" <wand...@ticnet.com> wrote in message news:<10a6bn2...@corp.supernews.com>...

> Fursonally, I first approached Mike Hirtes with a gentle, polite correction
> of a factual error in his post.
>
> I got flamed like an Iraqi bunker.
>
> You do the math, sir. I've had a long night. But he does not just give
> what he gets.
>
> Yours having been slapped hard enough by the Hurte-ful one, thanks

Then why haven't I been "tagged" by Mike?

Steven R. Addlesee

Tamar

May 13, 2004, 5:12:19 PM5/13/04
Then don't go looking for one.

--
Shawntae Howard
www.extinctioners.com

Dan Skunk

May 13, 2004, 5:19:47 PM5/13/04

"Steven R. Addlesee" <carc...@atlantic.net> wrote in message

> Heh...if I returned to furdom, the ONLY place I'd be warmly greeted is in
Tucson.

Unless you meet me. :)

Dan Skunk

May 13, 2004, 5:37:33 PM5/13/04

"Samantha Ann Patterson" <cir...@deeptht.armory.com> wrote in message

> About six years ago I started learning to rechannel my energy. Why
> respond to people who are attacking you? It doesn't solve anything, it
> just gives them the attention that they want and makes them more likely
> to throw stones at you next time. I started channeling my anger into
> studies, work, art, things I loved. If someone called me anti-social I'd
> go out to some social event with friends and have a good time just to
> spite them rather than commenting on their deficiencies. Little by
little,
> I became seen as the friendly sociable, normal person and they became
> seen as the pathetic hate-filled losers. Over time the worst of them
> lost interest in me and turned to harassing other people. Most of the
> rest... After a while, we'd talk, admit we'd both been jackasses and
> become something like friends.

That's cool. Me, I tend to just not be bothered by them, not anymore. Used
to get bothered by people in high school, then around grade 12 they all grew
up. :)

Not worth making yourself miserable over such things. If talking it out
with the person doesn't work, just find someone else to play with. Maybe
they'll grow up in time.

Dan Skunk

May 13, 2004, 5:38:51 PM5/13/04

"Steven R. Addlesee" <carc...@atlantic.net> wrote in message
> mhirtes <m...@nospambots.com> wrote in message
>
> > I'm afraid there can be no such truce with furrydumb. It's like trying
> > to make peace with NAMBLA or Al Queda.
>
> Agreed. I could imagine what I'd have to do and give up just to get
> an approving nod from certain people.

Just need to be honest and open minded to get a nod from me. :)

Dan Skunk

May 13, 2004, 5:42:18 PM5/13/04

> Oh, I forgot. It's probably because of ME somehow, isn't it, furries?
> It's always my fault about EVERYthing.

I doubt you influence on the fandom is that great. I, for one, am not kept
up a night worrying about what mhirtes is doing.

Message has been deleted

Dan Skunk

May 13, 2004, 5:48:46 PM5/13/04

"Steven R. Addlesee" <carc...@atlantic.net> wrote in message
> "Dan Skunk" <_@rogers.com> wrote in message
>
> > Fight fire with water!
> >
> > /me gives mhirtes a big warm hug. :)
>
> Actually, that's not a bad idea. I know that some people in a.f.f.
> CAN'T survive without participating in or starting a flamewar. A
> cease-fire would last all of maybe three hours, until the new posts
> cycle through. Mike wouldn't want a sarcastically-given "hug" as much
> as he'd want someone to understand his point of view.

A flame war can not survive without participants.

Dan Skunk

May 13, 2004, 5:56:17 PM5/13/04

> In article <c7rlg3$229$1...@velox.critter.net>, "Dan Skunk" <_@rogers.com>
> wrote:

> > Gee. I don't think you're talking to the right furries.
>
> As if there were any other kind out there. Jeez!

There is. You're just not looking for them. If you purposely set out to
find all the assholes in the fandom, that's probably who you'll find.

Kind of a self fulfilling prophecy.

Dan Skunk

May 13, 2004, 6:00:58 PM5/13/04

"Pyesetz the Dog" <pye...@comcast.net> wrote in message

> I read that book. An officemate of mine bought it from amazon.uk and
> imported it to the US. The authoress is mostly correct in her points,
> except where she claims that online forums are destroying the language!
>
> But this is totally OT...

Interesting. I think they're helping the language. People are actually
using the written word, whereas before, they would only watch TV and talk on
the phone.

Language is not something that had eternal rules that must never be broken,
it's alive. It grows and evolves over time. Online forums are at the
vanguard of this evolution.

Yep, off topic.

Dan Skunk

May 13, 2004, 6:02:48 PM5/13/04

"Rick Pikul" <rwp...@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
> In article <c7ourp$2dci$1...@velox.critter.net>, _@rogers.com says...

> > "mhirtes" <m...@nospambots.com> wrote in message

> > > I'm just curious in knowing just why you seem to think my behavious is
> > > subject to your approval?
> >
> > I think that was more of a cheap shot than righteous indignation. (Not
> > really what I was looking for.)
>
> That wasn't a cheap shot, just pointing out that Mike really can't
> help himself and thus should be given consideration for his disability
> the same way those with physical infirmities get semi-reserved parking
> spaces so that they don't have to walk all the way across a parking lot.
>
> If I were to make a cheap shot, I'd go after his regular confusion
> of who wrote the post he is replying to, and of reading in things that no
> one has brought up.

Perhaps, but it was not relevant to the subject being discussed.

Dan Skunk

May 13, 2004, 6:04:57 PM5/13/04

"Steven R. Addlesee" <carc...@atlantic.net> wrote in message
> "Dan Skunk" <_@rogers.com> wrote in message
>
> > So sad that you felt you needed to leave. You could not have stayed for
the
> > sake of all the good people in the group?
>
> That's a valid question. The valid answer is although I met some good
> people in furdom, we were merely "convention friends". We'd hook up
> at conventions, maybe go out for dinner, but afterwards our separate
> lives went on (especially for me as I lived in Salt Lake City at the
> time, and there's no furdom over there).
>
> After my last ConFurence and ZonieCon in 2000, knowing I'd be moving
> back to my hometown of Columbus Georgia in 2001, it was merely
> "goodbye, farewell and amen". I figured if the good folk wanted
> to stay in touch with me, they would. These days, just one person
> stays in constant contact with me, yet he's a great friend.
>
> But it's best I stay on the outside of furdom. Even while part of
> furdom for seven years, I always felt and was usually treated as an
> outsider. Know your role, and I've learned so very well.
>
> "Damn, Gaunt. You sure have gotten cold."
> "I had good teachers."
>

> Steven R. Addlesee

Hmm... You're not completely on the outside. You're posting in here, aren't
you? That shows that you at least still have and interest in the fandom.

? the Platypus {aka David Formosa}

May 13, 2004, 6:37:18 PM5/13/04
carc...@atlantic.net (Steven R. Addlesee) writes:

[...]

> I said this before in another thread. Mike returns what he's given.
> He gets slammed, he slams back.

This would be a fair comment, but most of the time Mike slams before
he is slammed. How meany times has he started a thread with "Look at
this artical it shows that your all perverts and furry is going to
die!"

[...]

> Yet y'all should understand Mike Hirtes is Mike Hirtes. Usually what
> I read is his post, then he gets slammed by those who reply. Usually
> they attack him instead of his comment, then Mike fires back.

Isn't "You are all perverts" and simmler attacks to the person rather
then the issue? And isn't that what he normally starts out with?

[...]

> Yet, in the meantime, the SAME people who
> usually dogpile Mike are patting themselves and like-minded people on
> the back about how "tolerant" and "benevolent" they are, but they'd
> LOVE to literally destroy Mike Hirtes. That's a double-standard.

Does tolorence have to tolorate intolorence? As for double standards
how about the one where he attacks the leval of spooge and perversion
in the fandom, while being a pervert and a spooge fan.

http://dformosa.zeta.org.au/~dformosa/Spelling.html to find out more.
Free the Memes.

? the Platypus {aka David Formosa}

May 13, 2004, 6:38:31 PM5/13/04
mhirtes <m...@nospambots.com> writes:

> In article <f86d0e99.04051...@posting.google.com>,
> carc...@atlantic.net (Steven R. Addlesee) wrote:

[...]

> > Please keep in mind that there's many others who feel the same as Mike
> > does about the state of furdom, he just expresses himself more
> > passionatly than others. Perhaps if Mike made his posts with less
> > passion, he wouldn't be slammed as much as he usually is. He's not a
> > "lone voice" in the wilderness.
>
> True, but as everyone knows, furrdom isn't receptive to sublety.

And this non sublete approch is working?

It is loading more messages.