WCFL: All furs Please Read!

Kitsuné

Jun 6, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/6/96

Hello all, Here's the Western Canadian Furry League (WCFL) News for June
3, 1996. This message has been sent to all WCFL members, as well as being
posted on alt.fan.furry, alt.fan.furry.muck, alt.binaries.pictures.furry,
and alt.binaries.pictures.erotic.furry, as well as on the WCFL news page:
http://www.compusmart.ab.ca/droth/wcflnews.html

The WCFL is an informal collection of furry fans and/or MUCKers which try
to improve contacts and connections with other who share these interests
both in Western Canada and beyond.

>Con-Version Calgary (PLEASE READ!):
Ok all. July 19-21 is Con-Version XIII, a science Fiction fantasy
convention in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. Movies, dealers, and guest of
honor C.J. Cherryh (author of Pride of Chanur) highlight this festival.
Full information is available on the net:
http://www.tjproductions.com/conver.htm or e-mail ga...@nucleus.com

This will be held at the West Coast Plaza (formerly known as the
Marlborough Inn), located at 1316 - 33 Street N.E., Calgary Alberta
Canada. For room info, call (403) 248-8888. Memberships for the Con are
$35 Canadian until July 1, $40 at the door. Children 8-12 are 1/2 price,
under 8 are free. You may send a cheque or money order directly to
Con-Version at the following address:

Con-Version XIII
PO Box 1088
Station M
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
T2P-2K9

>Con-Version FURRY party!
I will be holding a Furry Party in my room Saturday the 20th, starting at
4pm, and lasting until after midnight. Artists Richard Bartrop (creator of
Furrlough's Zaibatsu Tears) and I will be attending for sure, and we hope
to be joined by others willing to put in an appearance. This is open to
ANYONE at the convention, no fee to get in.
Food and drink (non alcoholic, sorry!) will be provided. Donations of
food, drink, or cash to help reimburse those organizing the party, are
welcome. Also this night we will be showing a variety of Furry shows and
movies, culminating with a showing of 'Meet the Feebles' at midnight. Feel
free to bring any comics or material that you wish to share, promote, sell
or trade. Hope to see you all there!

>WCFL Portfolio:
I've been getting a really lukewarm reception to this folks, so let me try
this again. ALL ARTISTS are encouraged to send me submissions for the
first WCFL talent portfolio. This will consist of 20 panels by Western
Canadian Artists. Submission deadline is July 1, so get those pencils
sharpened! For more info, contact me, ok? Please, I'd like to see this
done take flight. Oh, did I mention that there would be money in this for
you all? =)

>WCFL homepages:
The homepages have been updated (Finally!) And should last for a while.
Links to Anthropomorphic FTP sites have been added, links fixed and member
info updated. Next update should include the addition of an on-line
membership form for all those wishing to join the WCFL.
All those with mistakes under their entry should contact me so I can
update it ASAP.

>Help!!
I'm looking for the current e-mail addresses of 'aaf...@direct.ca' and
'gmit...@direct.ca' (look on the WCFL registry for more info on these
two) I haven't managed to get any contact from them at all.

That's it for now! Send me new members and replies! Also, I need
suggestions from you all! How can we make this better? Please Respond, and
see you at Con-Version!

--
Until the Next Turn!
Kitsuné

YES! It's another Pointless Quote! (tm)

mjdrake

Jun 10, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/10/96

Does anyone out there in furry land know if there will be a FurCon of
any type in or near the Denver Colorado area anytime soon?
All I know of is the StarCons and I have outgrown that.

Please contact me at haw...@freemark.com or at mjd...@freemark.com

Tygger

Jun 10, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/10/96

Terry Whittier (whit...@netcom.com) wrote:
: Why can't your put your query in your subject header, rather than
: implore all readers of this group waste their time reading your post?

Sheesh, Terry! Who appointed *you* net.cop? Alright, gimme your badge
number, I wanna report you to your superior.

--Tygger

tyg...@netcom.com http://www.av.qnet.cm/~canuss/tygger
"Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark."

Lazarus Long, The Notebooks of Lazarus Long, Robert A. Heinlein

Pat MacGregor

Jun 10, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/10/96

Terry Whittier (whit...@netcom.com) wrote:
: Why can't your put your query in your subject header, rather than
: implore all readers of this group waste their time reading your post?
: --
: ---------------------------------------------
: From Terry Whittier in San Jose, CA
: ---------------------------------------------
Such a friendly responce to what sounds like a genuine request for
information. Hopefully this fur is merely IC as her/his Wolverine
morph and not really as nasty as she/he sounds.
*----------------*
| |\_/| |
| / \ |
| /_.~ ~._\ |
| / \@/ \ |
| ( .___. ) |
| \_) (_.' |
*----------------*
FoxPaws
on
FurryMUCK

Mer'rark

Jun 10, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/10/96

mjdrake (mjd...@kktv.com) wrote:
: Does anyone out there in furry land know if there will be a FurCon of
: any type in or near the Denver Colorado area anytime soon?
: All I know of is the StarCons and I have outgrown that.

: Please contact me at haw...@freemark.com or at mjd...@freemark.com

The only convention that I can remember that is even in Denver -- and
I'm not at all sure about that, either -- is Devcon, and I don't know
anything about it, save that you can probably find Trek stuff there. =P

Of course I could be complately wrong so don't trust my memory.
Someone else confirm it for me, please. :P :)

--
Mer'rark -- The original sapiant canine from the future and still yipping,
Amiga user for nine years and counting, keeper of the sacred

Terry Whittier

Jun 10, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/10/96

The Dragon Hunter

Jun 13, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/13/96

On Mon, 10 Jun 1996 07:03:22 GMT, whit...@netcom.com (Terry Whittier)
wrote:

Hey Terry, Chill out! Such a hostile responce to a question about
conventions. You should be greatful that it wasn't yet another phone
sex spam. Sheesh.