The Aussie Media Notices the Fandom.

Andar Broment

Nov 26, 2003, 6:08:23 AM11/26/03
The ABC are Doing Preliminary research on a News story about The fandom. I
and a Few others are answering their questions as best we can, and Seeing as
this doco's going in a Family timeslot (probably) There'll be ZERO metion of
Yiff! Wh00t!

Muskie

Ken Pick

Nov 26, 2003, 1:02:38 PM11/26/03
"Andar Broment" <an...@iprimus.com.au> wrote in message news:<bq21j8$4vj$1...@velox.critter.net>...

Might be worth something then. Us Yanks have been burned by media
coverage so many times, we trust them about as much as an Auschwitz
survivor would trust Adolf Hitler.

Markus Stehr

Nov 26, 2003, 2:23:51 PM11/26/03
Andar Broment wrote:

> [...] doco's [...]

NOOOOO!
NOT HIM! *g*
Better use Cheetah but not doco *g*

(SCNR ;) )

So Long, The Werelion!

Markus Stehr

Nov 26, 2003, 6:31:12 PM11/26/03
Ken Pick wrote:
> Might be worth something then. Us Yanks have been burned by media
> coverage so many times, we trust them about as much as an Auschwitz
> survivor would trust Adolf Hitler.
We had one here in germany maked from info from the american fandom and
there wasnt a word from yiff too ;)
It was shown on arte though, thats a channel hosted by the state.
(Oeffentlich Rechtliche - There where your tv-tax is going :-/ )
Maybee someone has captured it?

So Long, The Werelion!

Dennis Carr

Nov 26, 2003, 10:35:08 PM11/26/03
On Wed, 26 Nov 2003 10:02:38 -0800, Ken Pick wrote:

> Might be worth something then. Us Yanks have been burned by media
> coverage so many times, we trust them about as much as an Auschwitz
> survivor would trust Adolf Hitler.

OK, argument's over. Next thread... =^_^=

--
Dennis Carr - ke6...@spamcop.net | I may be out of my mind,
http://www.dennis.furtopia.org | But I have more fun that way.

Phoenix-D

Nov 26, 2003, 11:08:19 PM11/26/03

"Dennis Carr" <ke6...@spamcop.net> wrote in message

> On Wed, 26 Nov 2003 10:02:38 -0800, Ken Pick wrote:
>
> > Might be worth something then. Us Yanks have been burned by media
> > coverage so many times, we trust them about as much as an Auschwitz
> > survivor would trust Adolf Hitler.
>
> OK, argument's over. Next thread... =^_^=

I'm thinking Godwin's Law needs a collerary, if it doesn't already have it:

"The probability of this law being invoked incorrectly to end a thread
approaches unity."

Phoenix-D

Paul R. Bennett

Nov 26, 2003, 11:17:58 PM11/26/03
Slight, or not so slight correction here.
The problem is not with "The U.S. Media".
Actually it rests with Furry's "Circus De Freakshow" contingent, and all their web pages, and
apologists, and deniers. And their willingness to bare their souls (sexual fantasies) on line.
An, in the meantime.
The nnocent go down the poop chute.
And nobody, none of the clean, decent folk, who might give a different spin to the fandom, or worse
yet, to anthorpomorphics(collateral damage to this cocked up mess) is willing to step forward for
fear of being labeled a pervert.
Problem with that last statement, then "Take it up with Darryl Exline" in one of his recent posts.
Bought time furry gave up "shooting the messenger" for "Tar and feathering the culprits".
Paul

iBuck

Nov 27, 2003, 12:51:39 AM11/27/03
>And nobody, none of the clean, decent folk, who might give a different spin
>to the fandom, or worse
>yet, to anthorpomorphics(collateral damage to this cocked up mess) is willing
>to step forward for
>fear of being labeled a pervert.

That's their problem, if they won't step up for themselves, they have nobody
to blame but themselves, I've said it -over, and over and over again, the
twinks are not going to go away, now way, no how, If you want this fandom to
have a good reputation you approve of it's the responsibity of the majority of
the fandom, to speak up and promote those aspects of the fandom that they
enjoy.

Instead of that however, people promote unworkable bullshit plans to 'clean up
the fandom' to some standard set by this fandom's reactionary element, or a
simmilarly impossible plan to split the fandom into 'Anthros' or 'Furries'

GIVE IT UP ALLREADY.. The anthro fandom -is- the furry fandom - they are not
two seperate worlds that can be split with a knife, into a pit of scum and
villany, and a clean wholesome fandom..

If you want this fandom to have a good reputation, it's in YOUR hands, not
somebody elses. Stop demanding that -other people- clean up the fandom, and
promote it, - do it yourself.

If you're afraid to do so, stop whining when someone else does so in a manner
that you don't appove of..
"You can have it Quickly,Correct, Complex - Pick 2"

BR

Nov 27, 2003, 2:12:16 AM11/27/03
On Thu, 27 Nov 2003 05:51:39 +0000, iBuck wrote:

> GIVE IT UP ALLREADY.. The anthro fandom -is- the furry fandom - they
> are not two seperate worlds that can be split with a knife, into a pit
> of scum and villany, and a clean wholesome fandom..

Hmmm...a Star Trek episode leaps to mind. The one with the two alternating
black and white characters.

--
-- James Fenimore Cooper
The tendency of democracies is, in all things, to mediocrity, since the tastes,

Matt Harpold

Nov 27, 2003, 5:03:39 AM11/27/03
> And nobody, none of the clean, decent folk, who might give a different
spin to the fandom, or worse
> yet, to anthorpomorphics(collateral damage to this cocked up mess) is
willing to step forward for
> fear of being labeled a pervert.

Clean, decent hard working, law-abiding, God-fearing Americans, driven into
the shadows by raving, rampaging psychotic perverts. Furry fandom would see
a new golden age if it weren't for all these deviants! *waves torch, chases
Frankenstein's monster around*

Get out of here with this crap, man. Are you kidding me? You actually buy
that line, or are you putting me on? :D

-Matt/Turb

Ken Pick

Dec 1, 2003, 12:03:53 AM12/1/03
lncra...@aol.com.star (iBuck) wrote in message news:<20031127005139...@mb-m10.aol.com>...

> >And nobody, none of the clean, decent folk, who might give a different spin
> >to the fandom, or worse
> >yet, to anthorpomorphics(collateral damage to this cocked up mess) is willing
> >to step forward for
> >fear of being labeled a pervert.
>
> That's their problem, if they won't step up for themselves, they have nobody
> to blame but themselves...

Burned Fur "stepped up for themselves". We all know what happened to
them. You think anyone else will "step up" and get the same
treatment?

Wanderer

Dec 1, 2003, 5:24:09 AM12/1/03
"Ken Pick" <cath...@earthlink.net> wrote in message

> Burned Fur "stepped up for themselves". We all know what happened to
> them. You think anyone else will "step up" and get the same
> treatment?

You seem to furget:

First, Burned Fur stepped up for themselves.

Then, some Burned Furs stepped up for *only* themselves.

Last, Burned Fur stepped all over themselves.

Yours with a sense of history,

The wolfish,

Wanderer
wand...@ticnet.com

"Where am I going? I don't quite know.
What does it matter *where* people go?
Down to the woods where the bluebells grow!
Anywhere! Anywhere! *I* don't know!"
-- a. a. milne