AAE Statement on the recent tragedy

David Cooksey

Sep 21, 2001, 4:19:21 AM9/21/01
Our small fandom was struck deeply by what happened on September 11, 2001.
It is a day that none of us will ever forget. Our deepest sympathies and
condolences to all who have been struck by this.

We have lost members of our fandom, and many more have lost friends,
co-workers, or family, including folks on our staff. It is truly a tragedy
that affects us all. The outpouring of support for those affected has been
gratifying to see, and we are sure, will continue.

AAE encourages all of us to remember, to reflect, and to support each other
during the days and weeks ahead. Life will go on but it will never be quite
the same.

For those that wish to do something concrete and immediate, we can recommend
the following links:

The American Red Cross: http://www.redcross.org
United Way of NYC: http://www.uwnyc.org
Salvation Army: http://www.salvationarmy-usaeast.org
Princeton New Jersey Hook and Ladder Company 62:
They may be contacted at razorv...@aol.com and need care packages with
the following:

1) Gloves (rubber,latex,leather,work,welding, etc.)
2) Ice
3) Water
4) Eye Protection (visors,goggles,safety glasses, etc.)
5) Saline Solution
6) Canned goods
7) Aspirin/Tylenol
8) Clothing (sweats,t-shirts, sweaters, hats, shoes,boots)
9) Hard hats and helmets

Charles Melville

Sep 21, 2001, 6:56:43 AM9/21/01

David Cooksey wrote:

> Our small fandom was struck deeply by what happened on September 11, 2001.
> It is a day that none of us will ever forget. Our deepest sympathies and
> condolences to all who have been struck by this.
>
> We have lost members of our fandom, and many more have lost friends,
> co-workers, or family, including folks on our staff. It is truly a tragedy
> that affects us all. The outpouring of support for those affected has been
> gratifying to see, and we are sure, will continue.

Wait a minute... back up a bit.

-Have- we lost members from the fandom? I might have missed it, but I
understood there were no fans lost in the tragedy. Have there been casualties
among us? Can someone verify or clarify?

--
-Chuck Melville-
http://www.zipcon.net/~cpam/index.htm

Brian Graeme

Sep 21, 2001, 7:04:38 AM9/21/01
Desertcat and Lisa Gregg, AFAIK... Dunno either of them, but they were on
the NYC area furry list of those caught in the WTC attacks as confirmed
dead...

--
Reverse the e-mail's spelling to reply...

If you cannot think for yourself, it doesn't entitle you to think for me...

"Charles Melville" <cp...@zipcon.com> wrote in message

David Cooksey

Sep 21, 2001, 1:12:47 PM9/21/01

"Brian Graeme" <1lla...@tsewq.ten> wrote in message

> Desertcat and Lisa Gregg, AFAIK... Dunno either of them, but they were on
> the NYC area furry list of those caught in the WTC attacks as confirmed
> dead...

Yes, that is our understanding as well.

Spirou

Sep 21, 2001, 1:45:52 PM9/21/01