"Joe's Xmasage" Pre-Order

1 view

Matti Salminen

Dec 14, 2005, 10:58:39 PM12/14/05
Joe?s series continues...
merry Xmasage!
---Matti

Biffy the Elephant Shrew

Dec 15, 2005, 12:10:52 AM12/15/05
Thanks for the heads-up, Matti. I've placed my order!

Your pal,
Biffy the Elephant Shrew

ZutboF

Dec 15, 2005, 1:16:46 AM12/15/05

Biffy the Elephant Shrew a écrit :

> Thanks for the heads-up, Matti. I've placed my order!
>
> Your pal,
> Biffy the Elephant Shrew

Thanks me too.

Hasi

Dec 15, 2005, 8:00:24 AM12/15/05
ZutboF wrote:

Three!

Bill

Dec 15, 2005, 8:41:44 AM12/15/05
In article <43a16830$0$16880$91ce...@newsreader01.highway.telekom.at>,
Hasi <Ha...@zappateers.com> wrote:

4!

marc rosen

Dec 15, 2005, 9:42:43 AM12/15/05
5-5-5

John Henley

Dec 15, 2005, 9:56:58 AM12/15/05
marc rosen <duck...@qis.net> wrote:

> 5-5-5

Yeah, I'd like to get on this fucking list myself,
but I've tried to order the goddamn thing about
six times now, and the fucking order page keeps
telling me my credit card's expiration date is
earlier than the preorder date, which is utter
fucking nonsense. I really really hate it when
this kind of shit happens, and it always does.

John Henley

Joachim Ott

Dec 15, 2005, 10:02:55 AM12/15/05
Hold it! There's not much information about it, just a track listing.
Could this be another rehearsel?

Joachim Ott

Dec 15, 2005, 10:04:37 AM12/15/05

tactic

Dec 15, 2005, 10:12:46 AM12/15/05
old geezers must be pleased

--
http://tinyurl.com/4s74f
http://tinyurl.com/7eq8n

Hasi

Dec 15, 2005, 10:15:06 AM12/15/05
John Henley wrote:

>Yeah, I'd like to get on this fucking list myself,
>but I've tried to order the goddamn thing about
>six times now, and the fucking order page keeps
>telling me my credit card's expiration date is
>earlier than the preorder date, which is utter
>fucking nonsense. I really really hate it when
>this kind of shit happens, and it always does.
>
>John Henley

John, i had the same fuckin' problem, my exp. date was somewhere in
summer 06, so i used the credit-card of a friend which expires in 2008
and that one worked. Also, they insist to provide the abreviation of the
state i'm livin' in, so being from europe that does not make it easier.
finally i entered ca which turned out to work :)

Hasi

tactic

Dec 15, 2005, 10:17:11 AM12/15/05
if the GTRtrio
is what ended this bignote dutch zappa movie
that stuff alone is your money's worth

--
http://tinyurl.com/4s74f
http://tinyurl.com/7eq8n
"Matti Salminen" <matti.s...@kymp.net> schreef in bericht

Corey.W...@gmail.com

Dec 15, 2005, 10:33:42 AM12/15/05
> the fucking order page keeps
telling me my credit card's expiration date is
earlier than the preorder date, which is utter
fucking nonsense.

Just put in a later date - my card said 06, I put in 07 - voila.

> There's not much information about it, just a track listing.
Could this be another rehearsel?

Poke around a bit - there are samples that play - it sounds musical!
Funny even! Yay!

NP: Blacksheep - Quankmeyer Faergolzia

Biffy the Elephant Shrew

Dec 15, 2005, 12:05:34 PM12/15/05
John Henley wrote:

>Yeah, I'd like to get on this fucking list myself,
>but I've tried to order the goddamn thing about
>six times now, and the fucking order page keeps
>telling me my credit card's expiration date is
>earlier than the preorder date, which is utter
>fucking nonsense.

I had the same problem with my card that expires in 2006. I used a
different card with a later expiration date and it worked.

Charles Ulrich

Dec 15, 2005, 12:14:57 PM12/15/05
"Joachim Ott" <Joach...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hold it! There's not much information about it, just a track listing.
> Could this be another rehearsel?

Eleven tracks, fifty-five minutes.

Recorded circa 1963.

One track is an alternate mix of something widely anthologized.

Two tracks are longer edits of Mystery Disc tracks.

One track is a pre-Mothers version of an officially-released Mothers
song.

Looks (and sounds) like a mixture of vocal and instrumental music and
spoken-word comedy.

--Charles

Charles Ulrich

Dec 15, 2005, 12:22:37 PM12/15/05
In article <151220050856589227%jhe...@mail.utexas.edu>,
John Henley <jhe...@mail.utexas.edu> wrote:

> Yeah, I'd like to get on this fucking list myself,
> but I've tried to order the goddamn thing about
> six times now, and the fucking order page keeps
> telling me my credit card's expiration date is
> earlier than the preorder date, which is utter
> fucking nonsense. I really really hate it when
> this kind of shit happens, and it always does.

You can also place an order by phone by calling 877-MUSIC77
[877-687-4277]. [9am - 12am Monday Thru Thursdays, 9am - 8pm Fridays
EST].

Click "Help" for further information, including their fax number.

The old FAQ listed a toll-free number. But since the FAQ is gone, I
imagine the number is as well.

--Charles

John Henley

Dec 15, 2005, 12:18:08 PM12/15/05

Fine, but the only other card I have is one
they don't take.

zappa...@yahoo.com

Dec 15, 2005, 1:17:56 PM12/15/05
So it's a fukin' extended 'Mystery Disc'! How many times have we seen
this Zappa Crappa!
Fukin give us 1973-1974 for Geezus sake!

Ahh fuk it! I'm going back to Fiji!!

c-ya!

John Henley

Dec 15, 2005, 1:19:14 PM12/15/05
In article <ulrich-D682E4.09225115122005@shawnews>, Charles Ulrich
<ulr...@sfu.ca> wrote:

>> You can also place an order by phone by calling 877-MUSIC77
> [877-687-4277]. [9am - 12am Monday Thru Thursdays, 9am - 8pm Fridays
> EST].

Uh-huh, which I did before writing my first post about
all this, but I hung up after being left on hold for ten minutes.

Biffy the Elephant Shrew

Dec 15, 2005, 1:26:24 PM12/15/05
>Fukin give us 1973-1974 for Geezus sake!

Give me 4/4!

dave

Dec 15, 2005, 5:41:21 PM12/15/05

tactic wrote:

> old geezers must be pleased

Is this an observation or a commandment?

--Dave

dave

Dec 15, 2005, 5:44:16 PM12/15/05

Biffy the Elephant Shrew wrote:
> >Fukin give us 1973-1974 for Geezus sake!
>
> Give me 4/4!

Gimme 3 Steps!

Yesterdays Wafflez

Dec 15, 2005, 9:23:28 PM12/15/05
Tap your foot in 21!

Happy Holidays alt.great Z people!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks for all your great Zappa info,
Y.W. (who gets emotional this time of year)

p.s. no mangina in weeks!

Spindles in Beat Pops

Dec 16, 2005, 7:48:11 PM12/16/05

Gotta say, I really like Joe's tendency towards odder, less obvious
material. I feel that if Frank himself were compiling this series,
we'd be on volume 6 of Them or Us rehearsals.

-D

Charles Ulrich

Dec 17, 2005, 2:31:03 PM12/17/05
In article <b1o6q1tdqsfdmo9q8...@4ax.com>,

Spindles in Beat Pops <ksg...@yifan.nyet> wrote:

> Gotta say, I really like Joe's tendency towards odder, less obvious
> material.

I think the operative word is "older".

If Joe's Corsaga is a by-product of the digital archiving of analog
tapes, and the oldest tapes are in the most urgent need of same, it
makes sense that old stuff will appear first in the series.

But, yeah, I too am thrilled with the contents of the Corsaga so far.
And anyway, there are non-Corsaga releases for those who want to hear
more mainstream material (e.g. full band concert recordings). It has
been hinted that one such is imminent.

--Charles

joe

Dec 19, 2005, 11:13:31 PM12/19/05

I tried on-line on Friday and today with two different credit cards
and had no luck. Same issue with the 2006 expiration date. Called
the customer service number to order it tonight and I was on the phone
for over a half hour. Waited on hold. Got put on hold again. Got
disconnected. Called again. Another long hold. Finally placed the
order. The guy almost sent me Joe's Domage which of course I have
already. He had no idea what the hell Xmasage was so he had to go to
zappa.com to look it up. $21.54 with tax and shipping plus an hour
wasted trying to order the damn thing. I'm more than a little
irritated right now but I'm sure it will be well worth it when it
finally arrives. This one looks pretty sweet. Keep 'em coming Joe!!

Dave W

Dec 19, 2005, 11:48:59 PM12/19/05
"Matti Salminen" <matti.s...@kymp.net> wrote in message

> Joe?s series continues...
> merry Xmasage!
> ---Matti
I'm not buying ANYTHING from ZFT until the 4 hour ROXY DVD is sitting in my
DVD player.

And the Joe's xxxxxx-AGE titles are just stupid. Frank wouldn't think it was
very original.

Dave

pippo

Dec 20, 2005, 9:15:16 AM12/20/05

zappa...@yahoo.com ha scritto:

yes. go there. stay there.

Corné van Hooijdonk

Dec 20, 2005, 1:05:13 PM12/20/05
Dave W wrote:
> "Matti Salminen" <matti.s...@kymp.net> wrote in message
>
>>Joe?s series continues...
>>merry Xmasage!
>>---Matti
>
> I'm not buying ANYTHING from ZFT until the 4 hour ROXY DVD is sitting in my
> DVD player.

Well, as Gail told the 200 Motels audience in 2000 in Amsterdam already:
"Don't hold your breath. Keep breathing."

AAAFNRAA

Don Von Juan Lon Gone Ron Pon Won Ton Mon

Dec 23, 2005, 7:30:55 PM12/23/05
"Dave W" <da...@home.net> wrote in news:%2Mpf.4208$u36.1402@trndny01:

> "Matti Salminen" <matti.s...@kymp.net> wrote in message
>> Joe?s series continues...
>> merry Xmasage!
>> ---Matti
> I'm not buying ANYTHING from ZFT until the 4 hour ROXY DVD is sitting
> in my DVD player.

The Roxy saga was a bit of a disaster, true. It took the ZFT a while to get
everything in gear. I remember the screaming hollering shitfits when FZ:OZ
was pushed back again and again. Since then it seems things are much
better.

> And the Joe's xxxxxx-AGE titles are just stupid. Frank wouldn't think
> it was very original.

You mean the same Frank who released six seperate double disc albums called
"You Can't Do That On Stage Anymore, Volume X"? Who titled fifteen of his
albums (not counting Absolutely Free, which was a song on WOIIFTM, and Make
a Jazz Noise Here, which is titled after an off-the-cuff remark FZ made on
stage) after songs featured on those albums (or vice versa)? He of the
"Zappa In New York", "Guitar", "Roxy & Elsewhere", "Filmore East, June
1971", and "Over-Nite Sensation"? Hot Rats 1, 2 (Waka/Jawaka), and 3 (Sleep
Dirt)?

> Dave

Dave W

Dec 24, 2005, 12:10:49 AM12/24/05
"Don Von Juan Lon Gone Ron Pon Won Ton Mon" <9r7s...@sneakemail.com> wrote
in message news:Xns9735C6A0856...@216.196.97.131...

> "Dave W" <da...@home.net> wrote in news:%2Mpf.4208$u36.1402@trndny01:
>
>> "Matti Salminen" <matti.s...@kymp.net> wrote in message
>>> Joe?s series continues...
>>> merry Xmasage!
>>> ---Matti
>> I'm not buying ANYTHING from ZFT until the 4 hour ROXY DVD is sitting
>> in my DVD player.
>
> The Roxy saga was a bit of a disaster, true. It took the ZFT a while to
> get
> everything in gear. I remember the screaming hollering shitfits when FZ:OZ
> was pushed back again and again. Since then it seems things are much
> better.

How so? Almost 5 years later... still no Roxy DVD.

>> And the Joe's xxxxxx-AGE titles are just stupid. Frank wouldn't think
>> it was very original.
>
> You mean the same Frank who released six seperate double disc albums
> called
> "You Can't Do That On Stage Anymore, Volume X"? Who titled fifteen of his
> albums (not counting Absolutely Free, which was a song on WOIIFTM, and
> Make
> a Jazz Noise Here, which is titled after an off-the-cuff remark FZ made on
> stage) after songs featured on those albums (or vice versa)? He of the
> "Zappa In New York", "Guitar", "Roxy & Elsewhere", "Filmore East, June
> 1971", and "Over-Nite Sensation"? Hot Rats 1, 2 (Waka/Jawaka), and 3
> (Sleep
> Dirt)?

Yes. Those were all better titles than the entire Joe's Barr-AGE.

Dave

Joe Blow

Dec 29, 2005, 6:00:30 PM12/29/05
Okay...I *received* my pre-order copy of Joe's XMASage two days ago. My wife
and I eagerly gave it a listen during the 3-hour drive to visit the folks.
I'd previously found Joe's Domage to be relatively disappointing, so I was
hoping for more along the lines of Joe's Corsage, with maybe even some
Beefheart thrown in.

Alas, the disk is laced with talking and thin on music. The alternate
versions of "Mr Clean" and "Why Doncha Do Me Right" are substantially weaker
than previous releases and come off as so much filler. The most distressing
offering is "The Purse," in which someone goes through a woman's purse and
comments on its contents, INCLUDING READING A LETTER ALOUD. Hit the "next
cut" button here, folks.

"Suckit Rockit"? Ditto.

Now for the high points:

#1: "The Moon Will Never Be the Same" and "Mousie's First Christmas" come
off as tributes to Edgard Varese. The latter, in particular, sounds a lot
like "Poeme Electronique." Although each is only a minute in length, they
are definitely worth having.
#2: "GTR Trio" would benefit from a chord change or two, and perhaps even a
bridge. But it does contain a few sections that reminded me of "The Ocean is
the Ultimate Solution," and is listenable for that reason alone.
#3: The 12-minute closer "The Uncle Frankie Show" provides some original
vocal material from the "Studio Z" era, plus an impromptu blues guitar solo.

Now, I'm a Zappa fanatic who owns every legitimate release, many of those on
both CD and vinyl. But regretfully, a few zeets of Conceptual Continuity is
about all you'll find here. With all due respect to Joe Travers, if this is
the best the vault has to offer, the ZFT should consider welding it shut and
throwing it in the ocean, to be discovered and opened by a 22nd-century
Geraldo.

I'm expecting better from "Imaginary Diseases." Private responses or
questions to ikc at tds.net

Bruce Bowman

"joe" <jcro...@rochester.rr.com> wrote in message