ALICE COOPER's audition for Frank Zappa

1 view

Hoodoo

Jan 27, 2010, 5:04:08 PM1/27/10
Original ALICE COOPER Bassist Previews Two New Tracks On 'Long Live
Rock' Radio Show

Jan. 26, 2010
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=134065

Original ALICE COOPER bass player and founding member Dennis Dunaway was
the guest for a very special edition of "Long Live Rock" this past
Sunday evening (January 24). In a wide-ranging interview, the rock
pioneer discussed everything from his days with Alice Cooper, to his
upcoming projects, to the night he freaked out producer Bob Ezrin by
wearing a frog suit and mask and refusing to speak.

One story involved ALICE COOPER's audition for Frank Zappa, who gave the
group its first record deal. The audition was supposed to be at Zappa's
house at nine o'clock in the evening, but the band got confused and
showed up at nine the following morning, while the famed maestro was
still asleep. "I swear to God, we took all of our equipment and set it
up outside of Zappa's bedroom door while him and his wife were in there
sleeping," Dunaway recalled, laughing. "We had our amps and everything
full-tilt, and we started playing. The door cracked open and Zappa's
hand came out motioning us to stop, and we did. Then his head stuck out
and he said, 'Let me have some coffee, and then I'll listen.' That's how
we got a record deal. If somebody came to my house like that, I'd shoot
them!"

Dunaway also talked about the breakup of the original ALICE COOPER
group, when lead singer Vincent Furnier took the name and persona for
his own and embarked on a solo career.

Dunaway is currently working with guitarist Richie Scarlet in a new band
called 5TH AVENUE VAMPIRES, and he previewed two unreleased tracks from
their forthcoming CD, "Fear Me" and "She'll Lie". He also talked about
another upcoming project called BLUE COUPE, a band he started with Joe
and Albert Bouchard of BLUE �YSTER CULT.

Listen to the interview using the audio player below. [link on webpage]

--
Trout Mask Replica