Joe's Garage/Egon Kracht

hans hendriks

Oct 18, 2005, 12:11:30 PM10/18/05
I saw this poster in the "all night open" shop and took a few pics of it.

http://www.pbase.com/hhf/image/50929788
http://www.pbase.com/hhf/image/50929802

I've already seen this show, I can recommend it to people who never saw
Zappa live. They're good but not better than Zappa and they don't give
an interesting interpretation, just play the album as best as they can.

hanzo

BengoFury

Oct 18, 2005, 3:31:20 PM10/18/05
On Tue, 18 Oct 2005 18:11:30 +0200, hans hendriks <h...@xs4all.nl>
wrote:

"Good but not better than Zappa" - LOL, well, that will never ever
happen either!

/ BF

hans hendriks

Oct 18, 2005, 6:44:10 PM10/18/05
In article <7fjal1lcjkv4rrpqt...@4ax.com>,
BengoFury <be...@home.com> wrote:

That maybe true, that's why I like it when there's given a new twist to
his work. Like the Ensemble Moderne does for instance, or the great
efforts to be downloaded from http://www.bervin.axelero.net/

hanzo

tactic

Oct 18, 2005, 8:02:35 PM10/18/05
why not bengo?

--
http://tinyurl.com/4s74f
http://tinyurl.com/7eq8n

BengoFury

Oct 19, 2005, 10:26:24 AM10/19/05
On Wed, 19 Oct 2005 00:44:10 +0200, hans hendriks <h...@xs4all.nl>
wrote:

>In article <7fjal1lcjkv4rrpqt...@4ax.com>,
> BengoFury <be...@home.com> wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 18 Oct 2005 18:11:30 +0200, hans hendriks <h...@xs4all.nl>
>> wrote:
>>
>> >I saw this poster in the "all night open" shop and took a few pics of it.
>> >
>> >http://www.pbase.com/hhf/image/50929788
>> >http://www.pbase.com/hhf/image/50929802
>> >
>> >I've already seen this show, I can recommend it to people who never saw
>> >Zappa live. They're good but not better than Zappa and they don't give
>> >an interesting interpretation, just play the album as best as they can.
>> >

>> >hanzo
>>
>> "Good but not better than Zappa" - LOL, well, that will never ever
>> happen either!
>>
>> / BF
>
>That maybe true, that's why I like it when there's given a new twist to
>his work. Like the Ensemble Moderne does for instance, or the great
>efforts to be downloaded from http://www.bervin.axelero.net/
>
>hanzo

Agreed, i also strongly recommend Le Bocal:
"Oh, No! Another Frank Zappa memorial barbecue".

/ BF

BengoFury

Oct 19, 2005, 10:30:24 AM10/19/05
On Wed, 19 Oct 2005 02:02:35 +0200, "tactic" <390...@4987909.cm>
wrote:

>why not bengo?

Since no cover band has ever been close to the "real" thing, even
though i do fancy a few of them still... They all lack Frank, that's
it.

Troutman Penthouse

Oct 21, 2005, 12:08:28 PM10/21/05
I guess I don't get the whole "FZ cover band" bit. Yeah, Frank put on
some excrementally interesting shows and the instrumentalism required
by the band to keep up with his solo requirements of them were
phenomenal, but that's why I have the live albums! I do enjoy some of
the interpretational covers of Zappa's work but I don't want to see a
band trying to imitate him. That makes as much sense to me as people
who go to see Elvis impersonators. What is up with that?
TP

tactic

Oct 21, 2005, 5:45:40 PM10/21/05
best of my recollection Frank never did joe's garage real time,...so its
hard comparing bears and oranges

"hans hendriks" <h...@xs4all.nl> schreef in bericht