Ryko To Release Zappa Catalog in SACD Format

Bill

Feb 29, 2004, 4:24:58 PM2/29/04
[For Immediate Release] Rykodisc, a subsidiary of Palm Pictures,
is pleased to announce the release of its entire 60+ album strong
Frank Zappa catalog in the Super Audio Compact Disc (SACD) format.

The summer of 2006 release of the Frank Zappa title Freak Out marks the
beginning of an ongoing program to enhance and upgrade the sonic quality
and packaging elements of the Zappa catalog. The release also marks
the 40th anniversary of the origianl release of Freak Out, rock's
first double album.

Rykodisc intends to release each Zappa catalog item within a week
of the 40th anniversary of its original release. The reissue program
will culminate in the 2033 reelase of Zappa's last release The Yellow
Shark. To further pique interest in the rerelease project, Rykodiac
will discontinue the current Zappa catalog by October 2004.

Fabulutz

Feb 29, 2004, 5:33:17 PM2/29/04
In article <404258AA...@patriot.net>,
Bill <billf_...@patriot.net> wrote:

The reissue program
> will culminate in the 2033 reelase of Zappa's last release The Yellow
> Shark.

Cool! I'll only have to wait until I'm 74 years old to hear The Yellow
Shark in SACD. Thanks Rykodisc!

-Kevbo

George Bullfrog

Feb 29, 2004, 5:45:30 PM2/29/04
Hi Rez SACD (probably multi-channel) Zappa catalogue - Great News !!
Starting in 2006 at 1 or 2 titles a year - ridiculous, stupid, unbelievable!
With this kind of industry support, the format will be dead by then.

"Fabulutz" <fabu...@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message

Dave Wilcher

Feb 29, 2004, 6:17:42 PM2/29/04

Don't thank Rykodisc, thank Bill!

dave
--
I support Gov. Howard Dean M.D.
www.deanforamerica.com

Gary

Feb 29, 2004, 7:40:38 PM2/29/04
Uhmmm... yeah.

Mike Helm

Feb 29, 2004, 10:01:31 PM2/29/04
On Sun, 29 Feb 2004 17:24:58 -0400, Bill <billf_...@patriot.net>

So I've got 8 months to buy all the titles I don't have?

Only about 30 more to go I figure

David Z

Feb 29, 2004, 10:42:02 PM2/29/04
"Bill" <billf_...@patriot.net> wrote in message

Something doesn't sound right here. If they discontinue the entire
regular catalog later this year, then you wont be able to buy the vast
majority of Zappa CDs for many, many years. They would be taking most
of these CDs off the market for decades.

Also, I checked the Rykodisc website, including the Zappa page, and
there's no mention of anything like this.

BengoFury

Mar 1, 2004, 2:35:51 AM3/1/04

LOL

SLJAirdale

Feb 29, 2004, 6:55:40 PM2/29/04
Funny, I haven't seen or read anything about this. Not anywhere on
the world wide web.

On Sun, 29 Feb 2004 23:17:42 GMT, "Dave Wilcher" <dwi...@woh.rr.com>

the monastery

Mar 1, 2004, 8:11:27 AM3/1/04
ah,.....
a youngster

--
feel free to visit the monastery
www.theoalers.nl

Fotografie Theo Alers/ the pixture monastery
Clarastraat 130
5211 LB 's-Hertogenbosch
tel: 073 6901161
fax: 073 6901161
email: info@(remove)theoalers.nl
"David Z" <m...@privacy.net> schreef in bericht

Stan

Mar 1, 2004, 8:35:12 AM3/1/04

Bill, you are such a cut-up.

--Stan

Hans

Mar 1, 2004, 10:40:41 AM3/1/04

"the monastery" <talers@(remove)home.nl> wrote in message
> ah,.....
> a youngster

pervert

John Henley

Mar 1, 2004, 12:32:36 PM3/1/04
In article <c1ub8l$1nih6b$1...@ID-79736.news.uni-berlin.de>, David Z
<m...@privacy.net> wrote:

> Something doesn't sound right here.

You got that right, me bucko.

JH

Dave W.

Mar 2, 2004, 10:43:22 PM3/2/04
"Bill" <billf_...@patriot.net> wrote in message

Another crack-induced press release from an idiot with no life.

John Henley

Mar 3, 2004, 12:22:24 PM3/3/04
In article <uvc1c.353$YN5...@nwrdny03.gnilink.net>, Dave W.
<dave@home> wrote:

> Another crack-induced press release from an idiot with no life.

Does Humor Belong In Alt.fan.frank-zappa?

JH

the monastery

Mar 3, 2004, 2:31:23 PM3/3/04
if there is one idiot here