Orange Claw Hammer (radio recording)

Piper

Jun 26, 2010, 5:55:12 PM6/26/10
John French, in his book Beefheart: Through the Eyes of Magic, writes
the following about this recording:

Orange Claw Hammer - this is said to be 1975, but I'm guessing 1974.
I'm guessing this is NOT Frank Zappa, as he talks about how much he
hates that folk-style guitar. I'm guessing this is Tragic Band guy and
the year is 1974.

p. 864.

Can anyone who was listening to the program on the radio that day attest
to whether the accompanist is Frank Zappa or not?

pbuzb...@yahoo.com

Jun 27, 2010, 2:25:02 PM6/27/10
Pretty sure that it's FZ talking with CB before they start the song -
also pretty sure that FZ plays the same guitar part in live versions
of the song from the Bongo Fury tour.

Pat Buzby
Chicago, IL