A 2006 Prediction

1 view

Kevin C. McDonald

Jan 2, 2006, 8:51:16 PM1/2/06

Gentlemen, behold:

<http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1844498654/qid=1136245250/sr=8-1/ref=sr_8_xs_ap_i1_xgl14/104-6924413-3719929?n=507846&s=books&v=glance>

I predict lots of bitching shall commence on or around February 10.

KCM

p.s. And I predict Imaginary Diseases will be bitchen.

Charles Ulrich

Jan 2, 2006, 7:23:50 PM1/2/06
In article <9sljr197dg3e1vghc...@4ax.com>,
Kevin C. McDonald <co...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Gentlemen, behold:
>
> <http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1844498654/qid=1136245250/sr=8-1/ref=sr_8_xs

> _ap_i1_xgl14/104-6924413-3719929?n=507846&s=books&v=glance>
>

> I predict lots of bitching shall commence on or around February 10.

Why wait?

This appears to be a new edition of Watson's little book with a brief
review of each album. And the new edition won't even fit on your CD
shelves like the old one did.

And then Amazon tries to confuse us by giving an editorial review that
is obviously intended for Watson's big book ("...700 page tome...
Adorno, Freud, and Marx...").

--Charles

Gionata Erba

Jan 3, 2006, 8:22:33 AM1/3/06

Avo Raup

Jan 3, 2006, 10:01:22 AM1/3/06
I have both books by Ben Watson and can state, that it is a new edition
of old The Complete Guide To The Music Of FZ. Text is 100% same, photos
are different.

The Idiot

Jan 4, 2006, 6:22:45 AM1/4/06
Not quite 100% the same: originally issued by Omnibus as the CD-sized
Complete Guide To The Music Of Frank Zappa in 1998, Ben has added his
comments on the releases since that time in a chapter called
'Posthumous Existence'. He's also 'tweezed' the original text
a smidgen. Not sure if he also wrote the captions for the photographs
(many of which did not appear first time around, though now the book
lacks all the albums' artwerk), but that's Frank conducting the LSO
at the Barbican (rather than Ensemble Modern over ten years later), and
Martin Lickert (rather than Aynsley Dunbar) outside the Albert Hall. On
the very first page of his brand new text, Ben manages to get in a plug
for Academy Zappa. In an expanded bibliography, he takes pot-shots at
Miles and Courrier's recent efforts. Strangely, the book is now over
one English pound cheaper than on its original release.

Avo Raup

Jan 4, 2006, 4:34:35 PM1/4/06
Thank you, Idiot! I was superficial but your remarks are very accurate.

Charles Ulrich

Jan 4, 2006, 4:42:16 PM1/4/06
In article <1136373765.3...@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com>,
"The Idiot" <andrewg...@supanet.com> wrote:

> Not sure if he also wrote the captions for the photographs
> (many of which did not appear first time around, though now the book
> lacks all the albums' artwerk), but that's Frank conducting the LSO
> at the Barbican (rather than Ensemble Modern over ten years later), and
> Martin Lickert (rather than Aynsley Dunbar) outside the Albert Hall.

Life's too short for your stupid limitations and defensive, ministerial
restrictions, Mistah Greenaway.

--Charles