Re: zpz in Austin tonight nov 19 09

Message has been deleted

I am the slime

Nov 19, 2009, 10:27:47 AM11/19/09
On Nov 19, 9:18 am, I am the slime <slewis1s...@gmail.com> wrote:
> so I saw zpz a coupla years ago in Austin, fantastic, very long show.
> this year they are playing an outdoor venue I have never been to,
> rain or shine, it may rain and it is going to be kinda chilly for us
> south Texas folks over 50 however it is really affordable
> (cheapniss!!)
> I lurk this group but don't see much mention of this leg of the
> tour... no alumni to pay for this time, no major hall on campus to pay
> for but, still, 15 bucks for General Admission is CHEAP- anybody seen
> them lately?

hey yo nevermind- I see this is the first show of this leg and Dweeze
just posted his first blog since August... sounds like it will OK
fine.
best to all,
Steve

Les Cargill

Nov 19, 2009, 7:13:59 PM11/19/09
I am the slime wrote:
> so I saw zpz a coupla years ago in Austin, fantastic, very long show.
> this year they are playing an outdoor venue I have never been to,
> rain or shine, it may rain and it is going to be kinda chilly for us
> south Texas folks over 50 however it is really affordable
> (cheapniss!!)
> I lurk this group but don't see much mention of this leg of the
> tour... no alumni to pay for this time, no major hall on campus to pay
> for but, still, 15 bucks for General Admission is CHEAP- anybody seen
> them lately?

I have the DVD. That'll have to do.

--
Les Cargill

I am the slime

Nov 20, 2009, 1:56:22 AM11/20/09

my kid bought the 2 dvd 3cd package that only cost 30 bucks- the same
price as a T shirt!
The show was outstanding, the weather was great, almost warm, the rain
held off till the ride home, the band was tight and relaxed at the
same time, total fun. Plus, Eric Johnson came up and jammed for quite
a nice bit or three- Ben Thomas was outstanding. Nanook! Apostrophe!
Carolina Hard Core! Purple Lagoon and Pound for a Brown! Well worth
the drive.

Mike Espinoza

Nov 20, 2009, 8:29:16 AM11/20/09
On Thu, 19 Nov 2009 22:56:22 -0800 (PST), I am the slime
<slewi...@gmail.com> wrote:

>my kid bought the 2 dvd 3cd package that only cost 30 bucks- the same
>price as a T shirt!
>The show was outstanding, the weather was great, almost warm, the rain
>held off till the ride home, the band was tight and relaxed at the
>same time, total fun. Plus, Eric Johnson came up and jammed for quite
>a nice bit or three- Ben Thomas was outstanding. Nanook! Apostrophe!
>Carolina Hard Core! Purple Lagoon and Pound for a Brown! Well worth
>the drive.

RDNZL, Keep It Greasy, and The Mammy Anthem were great, too.

BTW, Dweezil finally explained RDNZL. It's a word of Frank's creation
that marries "redundant" with "Rapunzel". Apparently, Gail has this
way of speaking repetatively about things that Frank found amusing.
So, he dubbed this speech (or Gail herself) Redunzel.

He didn't explain why Frank removed the vowels, but as someone who
derived his internet handle from a reverse misspelling of "cold
pizza", who am I to judge?

--
Mike E.

Frunobulax_also

Nov 20, 2009, 9:31:38 AM11/20/09
Hah! I knew I heard Rapunzel in there!

My theory had always been that it was a combo of "redone" and
"Rapunzel," assuming it was a piece he'd rewritten once or twice.

Close but no ceegar ...

Yesterdays Wafflez

Nov 21, 2009, 2:00:10 AM11/21/09
Group: alt.fan.frank-zappa Date: Fri, Nov 20, 2009, 6:31am From:
sevr...@gmail.com (Frunobulax_also)

Hah! I knew I heard Rapunzel in there!

Good to know as I always "connected" it with Rapunzel. I even played
RDNZL audio with the Ray Harryhausen puppet-toon Rapunzel short. Very
Bickford-ish without stuff melting/morphng into discos or castles but
very cool!

thanz,
Y.W.