Carnegie inspired thread

marc rosen

Dec 20, 2011, 9:48:30 PM12/20/11
Hey Charles and others,
Carnegie has provided me with a lot of good times in the short time
I've had it. I've heard several comments from Mark (to the greater
degree) and Howard that are similar to those on Band from LA and the
1917 LP, especially those referring to other musicians. (And thanks
for commneting on Call Any Vegetable in your other post).
Would it be possible to list all of the musicians and bands these guys
made reference to or fun of during their series of concerts? I know
Alice Coper and Three Dog Night are mentioned a lot, and I heard Wild
Man Fisher on Carnegie. I'm sure there were others not heard on any
of the commercial releases.
Thanks in advance to anyone who puts up any and all references.

Marc

Charles Ulrich

Dec 20, 2011, 10:27:18 PM12/20/11
In article
<9e4af01f-79db-4283...@m10g2000vbc.googlegroups.com>,
I'd better not attempt such a list. I'm supposed to be writing a book.

One I recently noticed was that Captain Beefheart was mentioned along
with Alice Cooper in What Kind Of Girl?, 11/24/71 Berlin.

And check out my already existing (and recently amended) Billy The
Mountain table <http://members.shaw.ca/fz-pomd/vaudeville/btm.html>.

--Charles

pbuzb...@yahoo.com

Dec 21, 2011, 9:53:59 AM12/21/11

On Dec 20, 8:48 pm, marc rosen <duckb...@qis.net> wrote:
> Would it be possible to list all of the musicians and bands these guys
> made reference to or fun of during their series of concerts?  I know
> Alice Coper and Three Dog Night are mentioned a lot, and I heard Wild
> Man Fisher on Carnegie.  I'm sure there were others not heard on any
> of the commercial releases.

Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young
Marc Bolan
Sly Stone

Pat Buzby
Chicago, IL

mysteryroach

Dec 21, 2011, 9:58:19 PM12/21/11
On Dec 20, 10:27 pm, Charles Ulrich <ulr...@sfu.ca> wrote:
> I'd better not attempt such a list. I'm supposed to be writing a
book.

I recently heard an interview with an author who stated that writing a
book was like having sex with a gorilla. It wasn't over until the
gorilla said it was over. I hope you get a chuckle out of that.

Charles Ulrich

Dec 21, 2011, 10:51:59 PM12/21/11
In article
<481a351f-627e-4987...@p20g2000vbm.googlegroups.com>,
I did, though I don't know who's supposed to be the gorilla.

And there's also a reference to Dino Valente singing on key in some 1971
track that I was skimming through the other day. Unless I dreamed it.

--Charles

Charles Ulrich

Dec 22, 2011, 3:02:39 AM12/22/11
In article <yPxIq.31661$2e7....@newsfe18.iad>,
Charles Ulrich <ulr...@sfu.ca> wrote:

> And there's also a reference to Dino Valente singing on key in some 1971
> track that I was skimming through the other day. Unless I dreamed it.

Do You Like My New Car?, 11/24/71 Berlin:

Four unreleased recordings of Joni Mitchell singing lead with Grand Funk
Railroad. Four versions of Crosby Stills Nash & Young actually singing
on key. Four versions of Dino Valente actually singing on key.

--Charles

J. Roshi

Dec 22, 2011, 11:48:03 PM12/22/11
Robert Planet!