Whither "The Scott Thunes Effect"?

Poot Rootbeer

Feb 11, 2009, 7:54:05 PM2/11/09

Hey, the (mostly) excellent bass transcription site "The Scott Thunes
Effect" seems to have disappeared off the internet recently. (I say
"mostly" because the fast-7 solo section of Inca was inexplicably
transcribed as being in 5.) http://www.thescotthuneseffect.com/ was
there a few weeks ago, now it ain't.

Another legal casualty?

-Poot

Les Cargill

Feb 11, 2009, 8:01:54 PM2/11/09

More likely a fiscal casualty. (d)We(e)bsites are dropping like flies,
all over....

--
Les Cargill

diurk

Feb 12, 2009, 1:06:10 AM2/12/09
Having heard the release on youtube, I have to admit it's
standard-fare for Zappa performances, absolutely nothing
extraordinary.

For anyone with 50 CD"s of Zappa or more ...this is like a LIMP DICK
... because ZAppa fans have come to expect so much more than simply
excellence and perfect performances.

Joachim Ott

Feb 12, 2009, 10:08:57 AM2/12/09

lsaul

Feb 13, 2009, 9:30:28 AM2/13/09
On Feb 11, 5:54 pm, Poot Rootbeer <p...@dork.com> wrote:
> Hey, the (mostly) excellent bass transcription site "The Scott Thunes
> Effect" seems to have disappeared off the internet recently.

This is sad news, indeedee ...

> "mostly" because the fast-7 solo section of Inca was inexplicably
> transcribed as being in 5.)

I'd have to look at exactly what you're talking about (could it have
been a varied non-OSFA Inca?) ... but this guy was an amazing
transcriber, afaik ... he actually corrected a few mistakes on one of
my guitar transcriptions, which really impressed me...

I can't remember his name -- but DUDE -- come back!

pbuzb...@yahoo.com

Feb 13, 2009, 11:20:10 AM2/13/09
On Feb 13, 8:30 am, lsaul <ls...@cox.net> wrote:
> On Feb 11, 5:54 pm, Poot Rootbeer <p...@dork.com> wrote:

> > "mostly" because the fast-7 solo section of Inca was inexplicably
> > transcribed as being in 5.)
>
> I'd have to look at exactly what you're talking about (could it have
> been a varied non-OSFA Inca?) ...

I haven't seen this transcription, but presumably he's talking about
the sax solo from the Best Band version, and yes, that is in 7, not 5.

Pat Buzby
Chicago, IL

co...@gotadsl.co.uk

Mar 13, 2009, 12:41:57 PM3/13/09

the 5 was fairly explicable: I probably fucked up... probably counted
it as two groups of 3 then 2 groups of two

still, who gives a fuck anyway

the domain lapsed and I tried to buy it again... some joker wanted
$1800 for it, so fageddaboutit

the transcriptions, including the fabled wrong bits (by the way, feel
free to give me corrections) can now be found at www.basstranscriptions.com

maybe it's best I don't have an entirely Thunes-focused website.. he's
a big scary man who shouts at people who displease him, so I don't
want him thinking i'm a stalker or anything

cheers,

Steve

co...@gotadsl.co.uk

Mar 13, 2009, 12:47:20 PM3/13/09
On Mar 13, 4:41 pm, c...@gotadsl.co.uk wrote:
> On Feb 12, 12:54 am, Poot Rootbeer <p...@dork.com> wrote:
>
> > Hey, the (mostly) excellent bass transcription site "The ScottThunes
> > Effect" seems to have disappeared off the internet recently.  (I say
> > "mostly" because the fast-7 solo section of Inca was inexplicably
> > transcribed as being in 5.)  http://www.thescotthuneseffect.com/was
> > there a few weeks ago, now it ain't.
>
> > Another legal casualty?
>
> > -Poot
>
> the 5 was fairly explicable: I probably fucked up... probably counted
> it as two groups of 3 then 2 groups of two
>
> still, who gives a fuck anyway
>
> the domain lapsed and I tried to buy it again... some joker wanted
> $1800 for it, so fageddaboutit
>
> the transcriptions, including the fabled wrong bits (by the way, feel
> free to give me corrections) can now be found atwww.basstranscriptions.com
>
> maybe it's best I don't have an entirelyThunes-focused website.. he's

> a big scary man who shouts at people who displease him, so I don't
> want him thinking i'm a stalker or anything
>
> cheers,
>
> Steve

jesus, I can't even get my own website URL right, let alone the meter
of a friggin sax solo accompanying bass line

ignore the above, it is:

www.bassnotation.com

Poot Rootbeer

Mar 13, 2009, 9:35:09 PM3/13/09