Zappa plays Zappa - NYC april 20 2006 !

pberk...@gmail.com

Apr 27, 2006, 12:48:47 PM4/27/06

Adebisi

Apr 27, 2006, 3:41:51 PM4/27/06

<pberk...@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:1146156526.8...@j33g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...

> Zappa plays Zappa VIDEO - NYC april 20 2006 !
>

> http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4487974557432548267&q=zappa&pl=true

Who is the other guitarist?

ZutboF

Apr 27, 2006, 6:16:55 PM4/27/06
Thank you verry much that's fantastic !!

mike macken

Apr 27, 2006, 8:16:04 PM4/27/06

one is defintely Dwezill Zappa, Steve Vai is schuduled
and i believe the other one is either Kennally or belew.

Bill

Apr 27, 2006, 10:03:20 PM4/27/06
In article <3894g.43748$xt.3...@fe3.news.blueyonder.co.uk>,
"Adebisi" <sdf...@fghfg.vvv> wrote:

Jake Cinninger

pberk...@gmail.com

Apr 28, 2006, 1:44:40 AM4/28/06
The core band will consist of Joe Travers on Drums, Pete Griffin on
Bass, Aaron Arntz on Keyboards & Vocals, Scheila Gonzales on Horns,
Keyboards & Vocals, Billy Hulting on Melodic Percussion and Jamie Kime
on Rhythm Guitar.

marc rosen

Apr 28, 2006, 6:01:15 AM4/28/06
Hey pberkho,
Thanks for providing that list of players.
Marc

mike macken

Apr 28, 2006, 9:20:37 AM4/28/06

i doubt it none of the above are Zappa alumni.

I've hear Vai, Bozzio & Nm Brock will play at least 5 songs each.
I also expect Dwezzil to play at least as much.

pberk...@gmail.com

Apr 28, 2006, 9:33:53 AM4/28/06
DZ: We've actually assembled the band at this point. It was great to
have Joe Travers, the "Vaultmeister" and Drummer in the core band,
on hand to help plan and execute the auditions. We were both familiar
with Frank's "potential musician" criteria and applied those
guidelines to our audition process. One of the most important
guidelines was that keyboardists, percussionists and horn players
definitely have to be able to read music.

We were initially looking at music schools, checking referrals, and
talking to friends. It was important to me to find young musicians. I
really want younger audience members to see kids in their early 20's
playing Frank's music and to be inspired to take things to a higher
level themselves. I had estimated that we would probably get about 15
referrals total for musicians in various roles. I think it ended up
being 17. The auditions were challenging to say the least. For example,
the auditioning keyboardists had to be able to play "The Black
Page" and "Inca Roads." They were not given the music and they
only had 3 days to learn both songs. We wanted them to transcribe it
and play it the way they heard it. Obviously if they played wrong notes
and rhythms we would be able to detect what they were really capable of
instantaneously. Another reason for that was because we knew we had a
limited amount of time for rehearsals and we needed to have players
that were motivated and could diligently work on stuff on their own
before the core band actually got in the same room together. You have
to be familiar with "The Black Page" and "Inca Roads" to
appreciate how difficult it is to learn to play those songs in such a
short time.

http://www.zappa.com/cheezoid/whatsnew/zpz/index.html

mike macken

Apr 29, 2006, 8:34:44 AM4/29/06

boy are the scalpers gonna be disappointed LOL
NO Disrespt but there are no substitutes for guys like Vai and Bozzio

pberk...@gmail.com

Apr 29, 2006, 2:10:37 PM4/29/06
OFFICIAL ZAPPA PLAYS ZAPPA WEBSITE AND VIDEO'S !

http://zappa.com/zpz/index.html