Vaulternative 2002-2010

computeruser

Nov 19, 2010, 6:17:50 PM11/19/10
FZ:OZ January 20, 1976
Halloween October 27-31, 1978
Imaginary Diseases October 27-December 15, 1972
Buffalo October 25, 1980
Wazoo September 24, 1972
Joe's Menage November 1, 1975
Philly '76 October 29, 1976
Hammersmith Odeon January 24-28 February 27-28, 1978

1972 and 1978 both were represented in two releases, although these releases
were from different tours and different band line ups.

Could 1973 or 1977 be next up in 2011?

I hope 1973 gets a full blown treatment like Hammersmith Odeon (with Ponty).

Or will a '73 or '74 release remind everyone too much of the alluded to Roxy
DVD?

pbuzb...@yahoo.com

Nov 19, 2010, 7:01:56 PM11/19/10
On Nov 19, 5:17 pm, "computeruser" <ona...@postmaster.invalid> wrote:

> Could 1973 or 1977 be next up in 2011?

One of the Roundhouse reports mentioned that Gail or Joe said a summer
73 release is coming soon.

Pat Buzby
Chicago, IL

computeruser

Nov 19, 2010, 7:49:44 PM11/19/10

That's great: "This is many people's favorite era of Zappa's career."

http://members.shaw.ca/fz-pomd/7374/7374rep2.html

http://members.shaw.ca/fz-pomd/7374/index.html

I would welcome Joe drawing from both the Pacific/Australian Tour and
the European Tour.

Officially only two cuts from 1973 06 25 - Hordern Pavilion, Sydney,
Australia both were part of the Yellow Snow Suite [parts on Australian
Yellow Snow, OSD, and on Farther O'Blivion, YCDTOSA6] and then there
is Piquantique from Beat The Boots I [1973 08 21 - Solliden, Skansen,
Stockholm, Sweden]

Great band not well represented in live recordings.

Joe has really done a great job on these so far, so I have confidence
it will be great. Judging from the audience recordings it looks like
great material was performed on these two tours.

Yesterdays Wafflez

Nov 19, 2010, 7:44:59 PM11/19/10
Group: alt.fan.frank-zappa Date: Fri, Nov 19, 2010, 4:01pm From:
pbuzb...@yahoo.com Wrote:

One of the Roundhouse reports mentioned that Gail or Joe said a summer
73 release is coming soon.

Pat Buzby
Chicago, IL

OMG....I would LOVE that! I don't care how many "jizz solos", I love
that band!

Thanz,
Y.W.

The Idiot

Nov 20, 2010, 9:01:54 AM11/20/10
On a point of order, Imaginary Diseases came out on Zappa Records.

Mike Espinoza

Nov 20, 2010, 9:28:29 AM11/20/10
On Fri, 19 Nov 2010 16:01:56 -0800 (PST), pbuzb...@yahoo.com wrote:

>On Nov 19, 5:17=A0pm, "computeruser" <ona...@postmaster.invalid> wrote:
>
>> Could 1973 or 1977 be next up in 2011?
>
>One of the Roundhouse reports mentioned that Gail or Joe said a summer
>73 release is coming soon.

Sweet!
--
Mike E.

computeruser

Nov 20, 2010, 2:26:47 PM11/20/10
On Nov 20, 9:01 am, The Idiot <disco....@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
> On a point of order, Imaginary Diseases came out on Zappa Records.

Thanks.

The first three "Joe's..." were also on Vaulternative. Yet they
weren't constructed to give the feel of a show from a particular era/
band/tour. Where Imaginary Diseases seems like it was. My mistake.

pbuzb...@yahoo.com

Nov 20, 2010, 4:25:33 PM11/20/10

FWIW, Imaginary Diseases was mixed/edited with FZ's involvement. The
others weren't.

Pat Buzby
Chicago, IL