Unheard Zappa Show to be Released by ZFT?

J. Roshi

Oct 11, 2011, 11:13:09 PM10/11/11
http://barfkoswill.shop.musictoday.com/Product.aspx?cp=971_51410&pc=ZPCD102

Just got an e-mail from the ZFT, don't even see this listed on
FZShows. Anyone have a setlist or any more info? Anyone else
surprised that a 4-cd set from the ZFT is reasonably priced?

computeruser

Oct 12, 2011, 5:21:56 AM10/12/11
On Oct 11, 11:13 pm, "J. Roshi" <choppa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> http://barfkoswill.shop.musictoday.com/Product.aspx?cp=971_51410&pc=Z...

> Just got an e-mail from the ZFT, don't even see this listed on
> FZShows.  Anyone have a setlist or any more info?  Anyone else
> surprised that a 4-cd set from the ZFT is reasonably priced?

It is custom made for Geezer. The Vaudeville band and it is the same
price as 4 cases of PBR.

Milhouse G

Oct 12, 2011, 6:05:15 AM10/12/11
I was a little surprised that it's "only" $42 for 4 CDs, but to be
perfectly honest, I probably would've paid double that without blinking.

--
Milhouse

The old geezer

Oct 12, 2011, 7:39:55 AM10/12/11

OMG!!!!!!!!! I was at this show! Remember that it was FANTASTIC!
The band wuz REAL TIGHT that night!!! Odd that I can recall it 'cuz I
was trippin'..... People were trying to boo the Persuations off stage
chanting "Zappa...Zappa...."

The old geezer

NP: The Stones Of Calendish - Jon Mark
ND: Organic Roasted Dandelion Root Tea

Biffy the Elephant Shrew

Oct 12, 2011, 8:51:48 AM10/12/11
On Oct 12, 4:39 am, The old geezer <J...@aol.com> wrote:

> OMG!!!!!!!!!  I was at this show!  Remember that it was FANTASTIC!
> The band wuz REAL TIGHT that night!!!  Odd that I can recall it 'cuz I
> was trippin'.....  People were trying to boo the Persuations off stage
> chanting "Zappa...Zappa...."

And according to Nigey Lennon's book, Zappa dedicated the show to her
from the stage. It'll be interesting to see if THAT makes it onto the
release!

Your pal,
Biffy the Elephant Shrew

ttuerff

Oct 12, 2011, 11:08:54 AM10/12/11
On Oct 12, 5:51 am, Biffy the Elephant Shrew <biffysh...@aol.com>
wrote:
I am acquaintances with Jerry Lawson of the Persuasions; I wonder if
he knows about this.

The old geezer

Oct 13, 2011, 6:16:38 PM10/13/11
> Just got an e-mail from the ZFT, don't even see this listed on
> FZShows.  Anyone have a setlist or any more info?  Anyone else
> surprised that a 4-cd set from the ZFT is reasonably priced?

Why is there NO effin' set list listed for this cd??? It may help
things....kinda...

TOG

ND: Sam Adams Oktoberfest Beer
NP: JABFLA - FZ & MOI

pbuzb...@yahoo.com

Oct 14, 2011, 1:47:04 PM10/14/11
On Oct 13, 5:16 pm, The old geezer <J...@aol.com> wrote:
> On Oct 11, 11:13 pm, "J. Roshi" <choppa...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >http://barfkoswill.shop.musictoday.com/Product.aspx?cp=971_51410&pc=Z...
>
> > Just got an e-mail from the ZFT, don't even see this listed on
> > FZShows.  Anyone have a setlist or any more info?  Anyone else
> > surprised that a 4-cd set from the ZFT is reasonably priced?
>
> Why is there NO effin' set list listed for this cd???  It may help
> things....kinda...

Just like every other ZFT release in the last five years, they will
probably post the list around the release day, or possibly shortly
after people have started receiving their copies and someone who
bought it has already posted it.

The second e-mail mentioned it will include King Kong and Billy The
Mountain.

Pat Buzby
Chicago, IL

Biffy the Elephant Shrew

Oct 14, 2011, 11:04:14 PM10/14/11
On Oct 14, 10:47 am, pbuzby2...@yahoo.com wrote:

> The second e-mail mentioned it will include King Kong and Billy The
> Mountain.

There's been a second email? I never even got the first. I think the
ZFT doesn't love me anymore.

ttuerff

Oct 17, 2011, 7:33:35 PM10/17/11
On Oct 14, 8:04 pm, Biffy the Elephant Shrew <biffysh...@aol.com>
wrote:
Yeah, I haven't gotten any letters lately, either. Should probably
just re-up.
TT

Milhouse G

Oct 18, 2011, 3:57:27 PM10/18/11
Were you signed up for the ZFT e-mails with your AOL address, Biffy? I
am, too. Or was. When the "Penguin in Bondage" iTunes release came out,
I never got that e-mail and I don't think I've gotten any since at that
address. Not wanting to miss out on any more and not knowing if AOL in
general was bouncing ZFT e-mails or what, I gave Barfko-Swill a gmail
address and haven't missed the e-mails since.

But then, I see you have a gmail address, TT (which I'm only assuming is
also the one you signed up for ZFT e-mails with) and you say you haven't
gotten them, so who knows.

--
Milhouse

Ron Moses

Oct 19, 2011, 3:54:38 PM10/19/11
Is it really fair to say this is an "unheard" Zappa show? I'm assuming there was an audience on the day...

ron

computeruser

Oct 19, 2011, 6:28:28 PM10/19/11
On Oct 19, 3:54 pm, Ron Moses <ronmo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Is it really fair to say this is an "unheard" Zappa show?  I'm assuming there was an audience on the day...
>
> ron

First you treated Ed Mann like a "war criminal" and now you want to
nit-pick the "truth-in-advertising" aspects of a down trodden widow
trying to uphold the legacy of her soul-mate. Here use this razor to
split a hair; why don'tcha?

Piper

Oct 19, 2011, 7:59:04 PM10/19/11
Ron Moses wrote:
> Is it really fair to say this is an "unheard" Zappa show? I'm assuming there was an audience on the day...

Now that's the most unheard of thing I ever heard of.

Ron Moses

Oct 20, 2011, 10:56:29 AM10/20/11
On Wednesday, October 19, 2011 6:28:28 PM UTC-4, computeruser wrote:
> On Oct 19, 3:54 pm, Ron Moses <ronm...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Is it really fair to say this is an "unheard" Zappa show?  I'm assuming there was an audience on the day...
>
> First you treated Ed Mann like a "war criminal"

I did? When did I do that? I must be gettin' old or sumpin.

ron

Frunobulax_also

Oct 20, 2011, 1:22:54 PM10/20/11
> >> There's been a second email? I never even got the first. I think the
> >> ZFT doesn't love me anymore.
>
> > Yeah, I haven't gotten any letters lately, either. Should probably
> > just re-up.
>
> general was bouncing ZFT e-mails or what, I gave Barfko-Swill a gmail
> address and haven't missed the e-mails since.

I've been trying to add myself for *years* and was never successful
(gmail address and, yeah, I know how to check the spam folder).

During this purchase I tried again and: SHAZAM! It woiked ... I think.

I've had to rely on you sons a bitches to inform me when a new release
was out before ... shaky. =D

computeruser

Oct 20, 2011, 6:50:23 PM10/20/11
Wasn't you?

Never mind.

Biffy the Elephant Shrew

Nov 16, 2011, 9:11:16 PM11/16/11
The jack-o-lanterns have by now deliquesced into slimy puddles on
porches, and still no sign of this.

Milhouse G

Nov 16, 2011, 10:16:07 PM11/16/11
On 11/16/2011 9:11 PM, Biffy the Elephant Shrew wrote:
> The jack-o-lanterns have by now deliquesced into slimy puddles on
> porches, and still no sign of this.

I thought it was supposed to ship one day this week, but it's still up
for pre-order right now, so who knows.

--
Milhouse

Frunobulax_also

Nov 17, 2011, 12:48:20 AM11/17/11
On Nov 16, 7:16 pm, Milhouse G <milhouse_on_a_st...@derekmarvelli.org>
wrote:
I hear they're packaging it with The Roxy dvd.

=P

Milhouse G

Nov 17, 2011, 7:38:42 PM11/17/11
I was e-mailed at 6:22pm EST that the Carnegie Hall 4-CD set has shipped.

--
Milhouse

Elizabeth Logan

Nov 18, 2011, 12:29:21 AM11/18/11
On Nov 17, 4:38 pm, Milhouse G <milhouse_on_a_st...@derekmarvelli.org>
wrote:
> I was e-mailed at 6:22pm EST that the Carnegie Hall 4-CD set has shipped.
>
> --
> Milhouse

yup, me too!

mysteryroach

Nov 18, 2011, 7:25:41 AM11/18/11
Mine are shipped!

Frunobulax_also

Nov 18, 2011, 1:49:13 PM11/18/11
On Nov 18, 4:25 am, mysteryroach <jayz...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>  Mine are shipped!

yuppers - joy

Al_Fresco

Nov 18, 2011, 7:11:13 PM11/18/11
Tracklist posted at Zappateers:

Disc 1 (53:13) - The Persuasions Show 1

1. I Just can't Work No Longer 2:32
2. Working All The Living Day/Chain Gang 2:20
3. Medley #1 7:28
4. Pieces Of A Man 2:53
5. Buffalo Soldier 4:33
6. Medley #2 2:36
7. Medley #3 3:14

FZ Show 1 (27:29)

8. Hello (to FOH)/Ready?! (to the BAND) 2011 1:03
9. Call Any Vegetable 1967 10:36
10. Anyway The Wind Blows 1966 4:00
11. Magdalena 1972 6:08
12. Dog Breath 1969 5:41

DISC 2 FZ Show 1

1. Peaches 1969 4:24
2. Tears Began to Fall 1971 2:32
3. Shove It Right In 1971 6:32
4. King Kong 1969 30:25
5. 200 MOTELS Finale 1971 3:41
6. Who Are The Brain Police 2011 7:08

DISC 3 (45:13) FZ Show 2

1. Auspicious Occasion 2011 2:45
2. DIVAN (19:45) 2011 persists of:
Once Upon A Time 1988 5:40
3. Sofa #1 1975 3:11
4. Magic Pig 1979/2011 1:43
5. Stick It Out 1979 4:54
6. Divan Ends Here 1988 4:17
7. PB 1969 6:03
8. Sleeping In A Jar 1969 2:46
9. Wonderful Wino 1969 5:46
10. Sharleena 1970 4:52
11. Cruising For Burgers 1969 3:17

DISC 4 (62:42) FZ Show 2

1. BTM P1 1972 28:33
2. BTM Carnegie Solos 2011 13:31
3. BTM P2 1972 5:37
4. The 600$ Mud Shark Prelude 2011 1:27
5. The Mud Shark 1971 13:35

J. Roshi

Nov 19, 2011, 8:43:05 AM11/19/11
So what are the years after each song title? The year they were
mixed, or copyrighted, or what?

pbuzb...@yahoo.com

Nov 19, 2011, 10:35:42 AM11/19/11
Copyrighted. "Who Are The Brain Police" lists 2011 which I presume
means that since it has the same words but different music from the
Freak Out version, Gail recopyrighted it. Same thing has happened on
their other releases the last 10 years or so.

Pat Buzby
Chicago, IL

Milhouse G

Nov 21, 2011, 8:58:47 PM11/21/11
I'm a little puzzled about "Divan Ends Here" and it's 1988 copyright
date. I believe that segment (but not from Carnegie Hall, obv) is on
Playground Psychotics, is it not?

--
Milhouse

pbuzb...@yahoo.com

Nov 22, 2011, 10:15:21 AM11/22/11
On Nov 21, 7:58 pm, Milhouse G <milhouse_on_a_st...@derekmarvelli.org>
wrote:
> I'm a little puzzled about "Divan Ends Here" and it's 1988 copyright
> date. I believe that segment (but not from Carnegie Hall, obv) is on
> Playground Psychotics, is it not?

That is a bit puzzling. IMO the two most likely explanations are:

- FZ may have registered it in 1988, perhaps to include on YCDTOSA 1,
but then changed his mind.
- The ZFT put the wrong year on this one.

Pat Buzby
Chicago, IL

Charles Ulrich

Nov 22, 2011, 3:16:25 PM11/22/11
In article
<14ee34eb-cb09-4ee8...@da3g2000vbb.googlegroups.com>,
pbuzb...@yahoo.com wrote:

> On Nov 21, 7:58 pm, Milhouse G <milhouse_on_a_st...@derekmarvelli.org>
> wrote:
> > I'm a little puzzled about "Divan Ends Here" and it's 1988 copyright
> > date. I believe that segment (but not from Carnegie Hall, obv) is on
> > Playground Psychotics, is it not?
>
> That is a bit puzzling. IMO the two most likely explanations are:
>
> - FZ may have registered it in 1988, perhaps to include on YCDTOSA 1,
> but then changed his mind.

Not under the title "Divan".
<http://cocatalog.loc.gov/cgi-bin/Pwebrecon.cgi?ti=1,0&Search_Arg=divan&S
earch_Code=TALL&CNT=25&PID=UKWYVlGzgPd2TllIm9RFdKavGv0&SEQ=20111122150707
&SID=1>

> - The ZFT put the wrong year on this one.

I think that's it.

--Charles

Charles Ulrich

Nov 22, 2011, 3:27:48 PM11/22/11
In article <BqTyq.45890$jK1....@newsfe17.iad>,
Shows what I know.

Divan was indeed copyrighted in 1988.
<http://cocatalog.loc.gov/cgi-bin/Pwebrecon.cgi?v1=1&ti=1,1&CNT=50&HC=1&R
elBibID=1585706&HostBibID=1585796&ProfileCode=RECLNK&SEQ=20111122151918&P
ID=IM_BND3VIsKXK4eKABEPiTOjnZa>

--Charles

Charles Ulrich

Nov 22, 2011, 4:17:30 PM11/22/11
In article <gBTyq.32538$Pm3....@newsfe12.iad>,
I guess those links are useless. But here are the details:

Absolutely free & 354 other titles.
Document Number: V2436P165.
Date of Execution: 15Aug88; 16Aug88.

--Charles