Johnny "Guitar" Watson: Performer, Preacher, Pimp

paulB

Jul 16, 2009, 1:53:00 PM7/16/09
The Gangster of Love

Johnny "Guitar" Watson: Performer, Preacher, Pimp

By Vincent Bakker

This first biography of Johnny "Guitar" Watson (1935-1996) paints an
intriguing portrait of this American blues funk composer. His fans
appreciate his historical role in black American music. Rappers
honored him with samples. In this book tens of musicians reveal the
life story of the struggling guitarist who became eternal with
"Gangster Of Love" and "A Real Mother For Ya". And of course his
relationship with Frank Zappa.

Besides hundreds of others, the love bandit had three First Ladies he
lived with for years. They tell their untold love stories and explain
how they stimulated his music as Muse, and how they financed his music
business as Maecenas, helping to produce gold albums by working as
prostitute, thief or booster.

His musicians reveal: how did he compose his incredible oeuvre?

This book includes:

* The first complete Discography with 280 songs, * Register with
hundreds of related artists, and 470 References, * 117 Illustrations,
of which 4 in full color.

About the author:

Journalist Drs. Vincent J.M. Bakker (Amsterdam, 1948) studied economic
sociology and wrote five books about economic affairs. His last
covered the Economics of Love and the Red Light District. His book "De
Krach van het Kapitaal" (about the Crash of Capital) announced the
coming collapse of the freewheeling financial system. The author is a
Watson fan since 1977 and was his long distance friend since 1989,
after a night long private concert.

http://www.myspace.com/johnnyguitarwatsonbook

Bill

Jul 16, 2009, 11:04:57 PM7/16/09
In article
<733e70cc-e21a-40d7...@c2g2000yqi.googlegroups.com>,
paulB <pberk...@gmail.com> wrote:

> The Gangster of Love
>
> Johnny "Guitar" Watson: Performer, Preacher, Pimp
>
> By Vincent Bakker

<snip>

> Besides hundreds of others, the love bandit had three First Ladies he
> lived with for years. They tell their untold love stories and explain
> how they stimulated his music as Muse, and how they financed his music
> business as Maecenas, helping to produce gold albums by working as
> prostitute, thief or booster.

<snip>

Lemme guess: Lady Bird Johnson, Pat Nixon and Betty Ford.

--
Bill

Yesterdays Wafflez

Jul 17, 2009, 1:52:55 AM7/17/09
I like him on Herbie Hancock's Man~Child lp!

Y.W.