My new book, THE ZAPPA SUPPLEMENT ONE:A BOX OF HISTORY AND THE MUD SHARK SAGA, now available :-)

darr...@snet.net

Sep 11, 2008, 12:04:03 PM9/11/08
Hey gang!

Well it's that time again--my new book THE ZAPPA SUPPLEMENT ONE: A BOX
OF HISTORY AND THE MUD SHARK SAGA is available for--well, I guess I'd
have to say pre-order but the books are just about ready so you won't
have to wait long!!

The book is a Supplementary Volume to my first two books, HUNGRY
FREAKS DADDY and STRICTLY GENTEEL, which are part of my Recordings Of
Frank Zappa series (the third volume, BLESSED RELIEF, will be out
later this year). The supplement is divided into two parts: part one
takes an in-depth look at the unreleased 1969 History And Collected
Improvisations Of The Mothers Of Invention box set (greatly expanded
from the previous mentions in the Hungry Freaks book). Part two is the
history of the all-FZ bootleg LP label Mud Shark, which issued a
number of now-classic Zappa LP bootlegs from 1979 up to it's demise in
1981, following an FBI bust. This section features extensive
contributions from Mud Shark mastermind Studebacher Hoch and Rob
Cerreta, the editor of my personal Fave FZ 'zine Mother People, which
published 39 issues from 1981 to 1989).

IMPORTANT: this is not a "for everyone" book. But I still hope you'll
like it. It's 133 pages long. The usual deal is the same here--the
first edition is numbered and signed (and I know I've assigned certain
folks specific numbers--just remind me is all I ask. I have a brain
like a drain these days!).

Also available for those of you who do not have them are my first two
books HUNGRY FREAKS DADDY and STRICTLY GENTEEL, which a good number of
Zappa fans like (for some reason!). All three books are available for
a limited time in a package deal for $60 US. Of course, all three
books are available seperately as well.

All da infos and ordering info is available at www.scottparkerbooks.com.
I take most payments through Paypal, but there are of course other
payment options available as well. Just email me at moi...@snet.net
and let me know what you'd like to do and it shall be done.

Again--I say it A LOT but I can't say THANK YOU enough to everyone
here for all the great support and encouragement you've given me. I
just hope I can keep giving you some fun stuff to read!!

Scott "I spend too much time in front of a computer" Parker

john

Sep 25, 2008, 4:29:28 PM9/25/08
Can't wait. The last ones where the best Zappa info books I have ever had.
An unbelievable amount of info. So this has gotta be the another great book
Orders coming atcha
I would advise all Zappa fans to buy the marvelous books. ALL OF EM'!!!
<darr...@snet.net> wrote in message