new downloads from Zappa.com / Barfko-Swill

Milhouse G

May 12, 2010, 6:15:56 AM5/12/10
Don't know how many people noticed, or even care (I don't, but thought I
would report it for anyone else that might), but on Mother's Day,
Barfko-Swill made available downloads of Everything is Healing Nicely,
FZ:OZ, Imaginary Diseases and Buffalo.

http://barfkoswill.shop.musictoday.com/Dept.aspx?cp=971_35084

--
Milhouse

Piper

May 12, 2010, 7:25:12 AM5/12/10

Free?

computeruser

May 12, 2010, 11:23:35 AM5/12/10

NO

These are ZFT releases. My speculation is that they are running low on
hard copies and rather than go through the expense of reprinting, they
are offering them in a downloadable format. Just a hunch, nothing hard
to back it up.

Remember our pre-orders funded the intitial release of FZ:OZ.

I don't know if any of these titles recieved a second pressing.

Does anyone else have any idea, if these titles were manufacturered
beyond their initial (1st) pressing?

Mike Espinoza

May 12, 2010, 3:42:15 PM5/12/10
On May 12, 10:23 am, computeruser <cyran...@juno.com> wrote:

> These are ZFT releases. My speculation is that they are running low on
> hard copies and rather than go through the expense of reprinting, they
> are offering them in a downloadable format. Just a hunch, nothing hard
> to back it up.
>
> Remember our pre-orders funded the intitial release of FZ:OZ.
>
> I don't know if any of these titles recieved a second pressing.
>
> Does anyone else have any idea, if these titles were manufacturered
> beyond their initial (1st) pressing?

No, I do not.

I do believe that EIHN, FZ:OZ, Buffalo, and FZPTMOFZ may not be
reissued on CD after the current inventory is exhausted.

I'm not sure this is true of Imaginary Diseases, which is currently
distributed by the Warner Music Group. Unlike the other four, this is
not targeted for just the hardcore audience.
--
Mike E.

ttuerff

May 12, 2010, 5:30:51 PM5/12/10
On May 12, 12:42 pm, Mike Espinoza <espin...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> On May 12, 10:23 am, computeruser <cyran...@juno.com> wrote:
>

> > These are ZFT releases. My speculation is that they are running low on
> > hard copies and rather than go through the expense of reprinting, they
> > are offering them in a downloadable format. Just a hunch, nothing hard
> > to back it up.
>
> > Remember our pre-orders funded the intitial release of FZ:OZ.
>
> > I don't know if any of these titles recieved a second pressing.
I never got around to ordering FZ:OZ but now I most likely will
download it. The MotherMania download was nifty.

TT

computeruser

May 12, 2010, 6:10:39 PM5/12/10
ttuerff wrote...
On May 12, 12:42 pm, Mike Espinoza wrote:

> On May 12, 10:23 am, computeruser wrote:
>
> > These are ZFT releases. My speculation is that they are running low on
> > hard copies and rather than go through the expense of reprinting, they
> > are offering them in a downloadable format. Just a hunch, nothing hard
> > to back it up.
>
> > Remember our pre-orders funded the intitial release of FZ:OZ.
>
> > I don't know if any of these titles recieved a second pressing.

I never got around to ordering FZ:OZ but now I most likely will
download it. The MotherMania download was nifty.

TT
******************

I am not sure if the hard copies are out of print. There may yet be time.

If you do download it do you think you'll choose FLAC or MP3?

computeruser

May 12, 2010, 6:14:51 PM5/12/10
Mike Espinoza wrote...

No, I do not.

*******************

I can see where the elaborate packaging alone would give them pause when
considering reissuing EIHN, and FZPTMOFZ.

Piper

May 12, 2010, 6:39:49 PM5/12/10
computeruser wrote:
> On May 12, 7:25 am, Piper <pi...@gatesofdawn.com> wrote:
>
>>Milhouse G wrote:
>>
>>>Don't know how many people noticed, or even care (I don't, but thought I
>>>would report it for anyone else that might), but on Mother's Day,
>>>Barfko-Swill made available downloads of Everything is Healing Nicely,
>>>FZ:OZ, Imaginary Diseases and Buffalo.
>>
>>>http://barfkoswill.shop.musictoday.com/Dept.aspx?cp=971_35084
>>
>>Free?
>

> NO

If they can't be free,
Can they at least be cheap?

Milhouse G

May 12, 2010, 8:26:16 PM5/12/10

Personally, I doubt they were.

But, if nothing else, this is easy profit for them. They have something
people can buy and they really don't have to do anything. No
manufacturing costs, no shipping, just a purely digital transaction. I
hope they put that money to good use in terms of future physical releases.

--
Milhouse

Milhouse G

May 12, 2010, 8:27:40 PM5/12/10
Mike Espinoza wrote:
> On May 12, 10:23 am, computeruser <cyran...@juno.com> wrote:
>> These are ZFT releases. My speculation is that they are running low on
>> hard copies and rather than go through the expense of reprinting, they
>> are offering them in a downloadable format. Just a hunch, nothing hard
>> to back it up.
>>
>> Remember our pre-orders funded the intitial release of FZ:OZ.
>>
>> I don't know if any of these titles recieved a second pressing.
>>
>> Does anyone else have any idea, if these titles were manufacturered
>> beyond their initial (1st) pressing?
>
> No, I do not.
>
> I do believe that EIHN, FZ:OZ, Buffalo, and FZPTMOFZ may not be
> reissued on CD after the current inventory is exhausted.

Personally, I was kind of surprised that EIHN was still available when I
finally did buy a copy a few years ago. I know I ordered it along with
something else, but can't recall what. Maybe Joe's Domage or Imaginary
Diseases.

--
Milhouse Guidry of the mWo

Strictly Commercial

May 12, 2010, 9:54:58 PM5/12/10
computeruser wrote:

> If you do download it do you think you'll choose FLAC or MP3?

I think I can answer for Tom here: Yes.

Rollo

eelco janzen

May 13, 2010, 2:20:03 AM5/13/10
Milhouse G wrote:
> Mike Espinoza wrote:
>> On May 12, 10:23 am, computeruser <cyran...@juno.com> wrote:
>>> These are ZFT releases. My speculation is that they are running low on
>>> hard copies and rather than go through the expense of reprinting, they
>>> are offering them in a downloadable format. Just a hunch, nothing hard
>>> to back it up.
>>>
>>> Remember our pre-orders funded the intitial release of FZ:OZ.
>>>
>>> I don't know if any of these titles received a second pressing.

>>> Does anyone else have any idea, if these titles were manufacturered
>>> beyond their initial (1st) pressing?
>>
>> No, I do not.
>>
>> I do believe that EIHN, FZ:OZ, Buffalo, and FZPTMOFZ may not be
>> reissued on CD after the current inventory is exhausted.
>
> Personally, I was kind of surprised that EIHN was still available when I
> finally did buy a copy a few years ago. I know I ordered it along with
> something else, but can't recall what. Maybe Joe's Domage or Imaginary
> Diseases.

There is always the possibility to order it in the UK at G & S Music:

http://www.gandsmusic.com/

And my favorite record store in Amsterdam "Concerto" (I am searching for
Zappa records there for already more than 40 years) has most of the
official CD's in stock. No ordering just enter the record-store !!!

They also have a great second-hand department.

You might run in to Steve van Zandt who calls this his favorite European
record store. (Actually I come there once a week but I've never seen him...)

VVV
eelco

mysteryroach

May 13, 2010, 11:34:29 AM5/13/10

> I never got around to ordering FZ:OZ but now I most likely will
> download it. The MotherMania download was nifty.
>
> TT

if you don't buy the hard copy, you won't get the booklet with my name
in it!

ttuerff

May 13, 2010, 7:55:53 PM5/13/10

Knowing nothing about sound I will probably mp3 it, because I know my
stuff will play it.
TT

ttuerff

May 13, 2010, 7:56:40 PM5/13/10