Frank V. Zappa

Bill Flynn

Oct 2, 2011, 3:09:32 PM10/2/11

eelco janzen

Oct 2, 2011, 3:23:18 PM10/2/11
On 10/02/2011 09:09 PM, Bill Flynn wrote:
> Laugh, now.
>
> http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Frank_Zappa

And it goes on and on and on, click on beefheart for example.

VVV
eelco

Charles Ulrich

Oct 2, 2011, 6:13:16 PM10/2/11
Did the judge rule in favor of the plaintiff or the defendant?

--Charles

Les Cargill

Oct 2, 2011, 6:43:36 PM10/2/11
Bill Flynn wrote:
> Laugh, now.
>
> http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Frank_Zappa

Abend hergekommen ist unser Hermann Kretzschmar wolle merm reinlasse?

--
Les Cargill

Joachim Ott

Oct 2, 2011, 7:57:30 PM10/2/11
Am 02.10.2011 21:09, schrieb Bill Flynn:
> Laugh, now.
>
> http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Frank_Zappa

And the discography:

http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Frank_Zappa/Discography

Scroll down to the very end.

Dirk Van de moortel

Oct 6, 2011, 2:04:38 PM10/6/11
Bill Flynn <bill...@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
j6actb$qlj$1...@dont-email.me
I'm sure that he would have loved it.
And I notice that my modest contributions have survided the years :-)

Dirk Vdm

Dirk Van de moortel

Oct 6, 2011, 2:25:02 PM10/6/11
Dirk Van de moortel <dirkvand...@nospAm.hotmail.com> wrote in message
55mjq.1200$9w5....@newsfe03.ams2
...although I had to update the link to the famous Rolling Stone
Magazine's review of Waka/Jawaka where they uttered the truly
immortal fumble: "Originality has never been Zappa's strong point."
http://www.rollingstone.com/music/albumreviews/waka-jawaka-19721012

Dirk Vdm

Frunobulax_also

Oct 7, 2011, 7:27:23 PM10/7/11
"Originality has never been Zappa's strong point."

Geez. I don't know whether to feel indignant or foolish ...

Dirk Van de moortel

Oct 8, 2011, 6:40:40 PM10/8/11
Frunobulax_also <sevr...@gmail.com> wrote in message
0658601c-091d-417e...@j19g2000vbn.googlegroups.com

> "Originality has never been Zappa's strong point."
>
> Geez. I don't know whether to feel indignant or foolish ...

I still hope they were joking there, but I'm pessimistic.
Yet, I found it one of the funniest lines I ever read :-)

Dirk Vdm

Piper

Oct 11, 2011, 11:10:47 PM10/11/11
Dirk Van de moortel wrote:

> ...although I had to update the link to the famous Rolling Stone
> Magazine's review of Waka/Jawaka where they uttered the truly
> immortal fumble: "Originality has never been Zappa's strong point."
> http://www.rollingstone.com/music/albumreviews/waka-jawaka-19721012

Wasn't that the review that read Zappa was ripping off Miles Davis?

Dirk Van de moortel

Oct 16, 2011, 5:58:52 AM10/16/11
Piper <pi...@gatesofdawn.com> wrote in message
j730ff$g53$2...@dont-email.me
Yes: "His excursions into jazz with the Mothers of Invention were never more
than pale imitations of Miles Davis and Ornette Coleman..."

Good grief.

Dirk Vdm